[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 05:40:05 06/14/14 Sat
2014 Country Fall Festival Pageants
Saturday, August 30th ------- West Virginia State Farm Museum
1458 Fairground Road Point Pleasant, WV 25550
The Country Fall Festival is the biggest event that the West Virginia State Farm Museum hosts each year. And the pageant has added to its success as we continue to grow each year. This pageant is fun for all ages and does not require ‘pageant’ clothing or attitude. Simply come to have fun and be yourself.
AGE DIVISIONS – OPEN to anyone, from anywhere*
Wee Miss (2-3)
Tiny Miss (4-5)
Little Miss (6-7)
Young Miss (8-9)
Junior Miss (10-12)
Teen Miss (13-15)
Miss* (16-21 – closed to a 50 mile radius)
HOW TO ENTER
Submit the fillable ENTRY FORM part of this information to the director (address below) along with a photo for PHOTOGENIC and your entry fee. Photos do not have to be professional and can be any size/color. If you forget to mail it in, you can bring it the day of the pageant. Photos will be given back.
DEADLINES & ENTRY FEES
• CHILDREN (2-12 years)
1. Initial Deadline Aug. 16th $35.00 – must be mailed or delivered in person
2. After-Deadline Aug. 17th-23rd $45.00 – must be delivered in person to directors
3. Day of Sign-Up Aug. 24th $60.00 – Sign ups between 10 and 10:30 a.m.
• TEEN/MISS/MS./MRS. (13-married)
1. Deadline Aug. 16th $75.00 – must be mailed or delivered in person
**NOTE – There are no day-of sign-ups taken for Teen, Miss, Ms. & Mrs.
Our Miss division is closed to a 50 mile radius of Mason County. All other divisions are OPEN.
For the Teen, Miss, Ms., & Mrs. age divisions – if you are a contestant for one of these, you MUST attend a REQUIRED rehearsal the evening before. Failure to do so will result in you not being in the opening number production – and you don’t want to miss this FUN part of the pageant!
WARDROBE REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN
• Down on the Farm Wear - Come ready and dressed in your country best! Bibs, flannel, cowgirl/boy hats, boots, denim, etc. Please keep this simple. Do not ‘glitz’ up the outfit. This is a natural pageant – natural look please.
WARDROBE REQUIREMENTS FOR TEEN, MISS, MS., MRS.
• Interview – You will have a personal interview with the judges. This needs to be something professional, business-like. Suits are fine, and so are pencil skirts with a blouse. Stay away from rhinestones for interview.
• Down on the Farm Wear – Kick it country style for this phase. Boots, flannel, denim, bibs, skirts, bandannas, etc. Keep it tasteful please. No booty shorts!
• Evening Wear – Floor length gown required and again, be tasteful
• All contestants (Wee, Tiny, Little, Young & Junior) will model their ‘Down on the Farm Wear’ – The stage is open once you arrive to practice. It will be marked with X’s and no certain way of modeling is required. Please do not do a glitz routine – this is a natural pageant.
• Only Junior Miss contestants will answer two questions coming from their bio. This will be about their hobbies, community service, etc.
TEEN, MISS, MS., & MRS.
• Private Interview – 6 minute panel-style interview; Questions will come from bio and about the Country Fall Festival/Farm Museum activities
• Down on the Farm Wear – Contestant will model outfit
• Evening Wear – Contestant will model gown
• On-Stage Interview – Questions coming from bio – about their hobbies, school/community activities, future goals, etc.
Judges will be looking for personality, stage presence, confidence, and appearance. Appearance does not mean beauty, but how neatly the contestant is dressed and if they followed the wardrobe requirements. Contestants should have fun and show confidence as well as feel comfortable on stage. Don’t forget to smile! CHILDREN - POINTS WILL BE DEDUCTED if a contestant does not dress ‘natural’. No fake anything is allowed in this pageant. Keep modeling simple. No routines. Music is provided. For the older girls, confidence is key! Show the judges your personality and work that stage!
Each division will have a Queen, Photogenic winner, and runners-up. In the Teen, Miss, Ms., & Mrs. divisions, we will additionally award a Miss Congeniality. This is in addition to the Little Miss Country Star Queen/Princess & Miss Country Hope Queen titles (see below).
LITTLE MISS COUNTRY STAR QUEEN/PRINCESS – This is a Crowd/Fan Favorite based award. This is a great chance for the contestant’s to bring their family, friends, and fan club to VOTE. Simply drop in monetary votes (change, dollars, or even checks made payable to Delyssa Edmonds) and whoever has the most in each age division will be crowned Little Miss Country Star Princess – winning a tiara and sash. Then, the overall winner from all of the age groups will get the title, “Little Miss County Star Queen” – she will will a HUGE CROWN, sash, and trophy! A portion of the proceeds benefit the WV State Farm Museum.
LITTLE MISS COUNTRY HOPE QUEEN/PRINCESS – The contestant from each age group who brings in the most canned food/non-perishable items for Crosslight of Hope (a local food pantry) will receive a tiara and sash – and the title Country Hope Princess. One OVERALL winner also will be chosen from the Children’s Pageant (Wee, Tiny, Little, Young & Junior) and they will receive a HUGE CROWN, sash and trophy for brining in the most donations – and the title Little Miss Country Hope Queen. In the Teen, Miss, Ms. & Mrs., we will give trophies for those in each age division who brings in the most donations and give a Community Service Award.
DAY OF PAGEANT
• The Children’s Pageant is first and begins at 11 a.m. This is ages 3-12. The Teen, Miss, Ms. & Mrs. pageants will begin at 6 p.m. the same evening.
• Those coming to watch and cheer on their contestant(s) are encouraged to bring donations for the food pantry that will count towards your contestant’s total number of items.
• Also, the pageant is held on an outdoor stage. So bring chairs/blankets as seating is limited.
CONTESTANT ARRIVAL TIMES – COME DRESSED & READY!
Wee, Tiny, Little, Young & Junior Contestants
Arrive on pageant day between 10 a.m. (no earlier) and 10:30 (no later)
Teen, Miss, Ms. & Mrs. Contestants
Arrive on pageant day between 2 and 2:30 (no later) in Interview
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
• All checks MUST be made payable to: DELYSSA EDMONDS
• Contestant score sheets will not be given back. You may email or Facebook the director to get scores/comments after the pageant.
• Judges’ decisions are final. Please show sportsman-like conduct before, during and after the pageant.
• DIRECTOR’S PHONE #’s – Home #304-736-2314 / Cell #304-593-8998
• DIRECTOR’S EMAIL – email@example.com
• WEBSITE – mcffpageant.webs.com
• FACEBOOK – Miss Country Fall Festival Pageant
• Assistant Director – Rebecca Roll – Cell #304-593-9987
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]