VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

Wyatts Detention Center Officers Message Board

Wyatt Detention Center

@ Central falls, Rhode Island
This message board is for people 18 and older. you are warned that this message board could contain comments and Language you may find offensive. By reading the following you have acknowledged this and have chosen to proceed of your own free will.

You are welcomed to speak your mind and say what you feel with the exception of making threats of bodily harm.

NOTICE: TO ALL CONCERNED . The webmaster of this site does not advocate the breaking of any law. Our text files and message bases are for informational and amusement purposes only. We do not guarantee that any of the information contained on this system is correct, workable, or factual. We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages or defamatory statements resulting from the use of any information on this site..

MCI Norfolk - Norfolk II - Baystate II -Bay State
Cedar Junction II -S.B.C.C. - Shirley Medium -Shirley Minimum -MCI Concord
Gardner- Old Colony - Masac -Treatment Center- State Hospital -Bughouse III
Plymouth- S.E.C.C. Alumni - Framingham- State Trans -Boston Pre - Shattuck Wyatt Detention Center
Bristol County - Suffolk County - Norfolk County - Plymouth County -Middlesex County - Worcester County
SMCC--Other CPO --TAC-Team --Correction Officer memorial wall --MCOFU --MLEMF-- C.O.'s Going wrong
Political Issues - Union issue message board - MCOFU Union issue board -Officer support - Hearing and Discipline discussion board
A.C.I. Minimum A.C.I. Medium A.C.I. Maximum A.C.I. Intake-- cusa- corrections.com - officer down - R.I. Brotherhood of Correction Officers
Mass Law Enforcement network - Corrcetional Peace Officer Foundation - Correction Officer Memorial Wall -Desert waters Correctional outreach - Respond Law Enforcement assitance

Subject: Incompetent Administration finally take down Wyatt..Wayne, Tim, Frank... GOOD JOB!

Author:
O...Y....E
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:46:38 02/04/09 Wed

Well it has come to this....FINALLY! This place has been run into the ground by the money hungry incompetent Admin. leadership. The Warden Salisbury, Ass. Warden Tapley and Major Botellho will be lucky to be JUST fired, they should have criminal charges brought against them.
I cannot believe that no one during the ICE Investigation had the balls to actually say what actually happened, instead basically laid the blame on the Officers and Captain. (Who by the way deserved what they got). BUT if ICE actually knew or could prove that not only did Tim "The Purple Stain" Tapley and Major "Yes Man" Botellho gave orders to the Supervisors to not help Mr. Ng in any way get to his appointments because they believed he was faking so he would not be deported...then we have a completely different story.
Nothing happens in the Wyatt without the micro-manager Administration knowing about it and EVERYONE who has worked there knows this...its about time ICE and Mr. Ng's family knows this as well.
This will all come out....I want everyone at the Wyatt to watch as the incompetent Administration of this once proud facility gets what they deserve and that is to own up to what they had ordered take place and TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR ACTIONS!...............The story is already being written this is your chance to come clean.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Things will eventually blow over

Author:
Waiting
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:54:12 02/07/09 Sat

things will get better in time and eventually people will forget and it will blow over. at this point as long as i have a job to go to everyday i am good and as long as my friends have a job to go to then we are all good. lets just hope they keep the two hot girls that work in medical lol. like i said this will get better

Replies:
Subject: Danny Oliveira

Author:
Current Employee "My Man"
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:05:29 03/20/09 Fri

We miss you Oliviera!!! Your the best shit bag we ever had. Wyatt slept on your experience... Good For You We miss you and your nose...

Replies:
Subject: Give them what they deserve

Author:
Me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:55:54 03/15/09 Sun

I have been dying to say something for a while now. I am not an officer at Wyatt, but do currently work there. What has gone on in the last 7 months does not relect in any way the job that these officers do everyday. It is my understanding that these officers have been without raises for quite some time now yet the death of Mr Ng was only 7 months ago. These men and women put themselves at risk everyday and I feel that it has gone unnoticed. I hear all the talk about there being a plan about raises and nothing ever happens. I understand the budget must be tight right now but surely something could be offered. How long does administration think these men and women will put up with this before they start looking for other jobs. And what excuse do you have for not putting this plan in motion way back before the death of Mr Ng. I am happy to know that I can go to work everyday and count on the officers to look out for my safety and well being. What is going to happen when the facility is short staffed because officers choose to move on rather than continue to put up with the lack of respect. And how costly do you think it is going to be to replace them when you calculate the cost of training, physicals, drug testing ect... all these things cost money. Lets continue to work well together give them what they deserve. Don't keep telling them there is a plan because no one wants what they can't have rubbed in their face and that is exactly what you are doing!

Subject: Enough! Come walk in our shoes before you judge us.

Author:
The Optimist (Taking a stand)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:32:17 12/27/08 Sat

Correctional Work is tough work. It is a thankless job that only makes headlines when something goes wrong. the job we do is an essential function to maintain some semblence of order in this mad world we live in today. The foremost part of our job is to protect life. Thats why we do what we do. We protect the lives on both those on the outside and inside by what we do. Our job is made difficult because we are not liked for what we do. We are treated with disdain and disrespected to the point we question our own dignity. We are spit upon, assaulted with urine and feces and sometimes we are attacked with weapons. Yet every day we come back and do our job all over again. After all somebody has to do it. Somebody has to ensure that the laws we live by are enforced and those who break are kept safe to face the justice of a fair trial. Correctional workers are not judges, juries, or executioners, we are a line of defense. We keep those who may, or have harmed society separate from those in society who follow the rules. We know that those we keep secure are the children, fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters of someone. We try our best to ensure that all of their needs are met. We cannot predict illness, we can only help those ill individuals based upon the determinations of the medical institutions we send them to for treatment. Institutions that have the established trust of the public and are widely accepted, places you would go if you needed medical attention. Life is sacred. All of the derogatory falsehoods that have been stated in the press really add insult to injury. We work hard every day to ensure the safety of everyone, both staff and detainees alike. I challenge anyone who expresses their condemnation on us to come and do what we do. Come risk your life for those who would rather see you dead. Come save their life a day after they assaulted you and tried to end yours. Come and walk freely among those with mental illness, who can't help their behavior. Come protect those individuals who would rape your children. Then when your day is done go home and pick the paper or browse the net where you are called murderers, called insensitive and made to look incompetent. Unfortunately for us, not only had we been condemned in the press, the government has buckled, and responded to the misinformation and removed some detainees from our institution based on it. Irresponsibly jeopardizing the livelihood of those who have dedicated their lives to protecting the lives of others. Sort of a slap in the face, but nothing we aren't used to, its what we tolerate as part of our jobs on a daily basis. We just don't expect it from the outside as much, but you see something new everyday in this business. What hurts and frustrates is that we aren't permitted to speak out and challenge the lies. We will sit and take it just as we always do. We will put it behind us and keep on keeping the public, including the naysayers, safe. My brothers and sisters, thank you for showing up everyday and doing what you do. Thank you for staying strong during the tough times and for staying optimistic. I apologize that you have to endure so much for such little appreciation. Someday, hopefully, you will receive the gratitude and respect you deserve. You already have mine.

Replies:
Subject: The money is the money!!!!!!

Author:
underpaid
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:08 01/29/09 Thu

All we keep hearing is the money is the money. But yet there seems to be enough to pay Tony V almost a half a mil, with bonuses, which maybe he shouldn't be taking at a time like this. Wayne at over 100 g's, 27 secretaries for everyone in the front office, and a job for people that are collecting pensions and retirement checks from previous jobs. Hey Tony and Wayne, here's an idea, why not kick some of that bonus money you two are collecting back to the people who are earning it, the one's on the floor. A 6-7 % raise would be nice. But that won't happen since Tony would "only" make 250,000.

Replies:
Subject: New Hampshire sites

Author:
up
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:40 03/01/09 Sun

http://www.voy.com/219540/

Subject: another saga

Author:
cc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:00:16 02/28/09 Sat

Wyatt director defends fee for jail expansion

01:00 AM EST on Thursday, February 26, 2009

By W. Zachary Malinowski

Journal Staff Writer

Ventetuolo
CENTRAL FALLS — The current executive director of the Donald W. Wyatt Detention Facility was paid nearly $1 million to oversee the $48-million expansion of the jail while he was also collecting an annual fee for other consulting work at the detention center for federal immigrant detainees and prisoners awaiting trial or sentencing.

Anthony Ventetuolo Jr. confirmed this week that he and his firm, Avcorr Management LLC, of Warwick, was paid $961,671 for the second job over a three-year period that ended in October 2007. The payment represented 2 percent of the project’s cost, a fee structure that Ventetuolo said is customary for large capital construction projects.

Ventetuolo had no competition for the job, which more than doubled the number of beds at the jail. Albert M. Romanowicz, then chairman of the Central Falls Detention Facility Corp., the municipal agency that owns Wyatt, approved on Feb. 23, 2004, an amendment to the Avcorr contract to provide correctional consulting services that also designated Avcorr and Ventetuolo to serve as “project representative” for the three year addition project at the same time.

In a phone interview this week, Romanowicz said that Ventetuolo’s experience in corrections and his knowledge of the Wyatt jail made him the perfect choice for the job.

Romanowicz, who resigned as board chairman last month, remains aggravated that city officials have in the last few weeks questioned Ventetuolo, his salary and the way he has run the jail since he became executive director in August 2007.

“He’s got a helluva lot more integrity than the people going after him,” he said.

During the time Ventetuolo and his firm served as project representative or construction manager, Avcorr also collected between $133,863 and $157,000 annually for correctional consulting services there, monitoring Cornell Corrections, the large Texas corrections company that was the management services contractor hired to run Wyatt until mid-2007.

Ventetuolo provided The Journal with a project management fee chart from Iowa State University that shows administrators of multimillion-dollar capital projects are paid anywhere from 2 to 5 percent of the total cost.

“It varies depending on a lot of issues and a lot of concerns,” Ventetuolo said. “Everyone wants to look at a number and interpret it a certain way. Frankly, the 2 percent is on the low end.”

The issue of Ventetuolo’s construction project representative role has been a hot topic in the city for several weeks. At two recent meetings of the Detention Facility Corp. board, Bruce Corrigan, the new vice chairman, has repeatedly pressed Ventetuolo for a “prospectus” that includes the details of the construction project manager’s fee.

Over the past month, Mayor Charles D. Moreau and members of the detention center board have called into question Ventetuolo’s salary as chief executive officer, his scheduled bonus and other payments to consultants last year in the wake of the death in August of a federal detainee being held at Wyatt.

The five-member board, with four new members since the beginning of the year, has suspended all of the consulting contracts — except Avcorr’s.

Ventetuolo and Avcorr were paid $230,575 and Ventetuolo was slated to receive an “incentive” bonus of $164,382 for 2008. That would bring his total income for last year to $407,961.

Moreau and the board members have toned down the rhetoric in recent weeks after corrections officers and staff voiced concerns that the turmoil surrounding the jail — the death of an immigrant detainee, multiple investigations and talk of a possible sale — was affecting their morale.

Yesterday, Daniel Cooney, who recently replaced Romanowicz as board chairman, was stunned to learn of the $961,000 project manager fee paid to Ventetuolo and his firm.

“It just kind of shakes me at my roots if you know what I mean,” he said. “I don’t know if there is anything wrong, but it sure feels wrong. Somebody in Central Falls is making $1 million?”

Two months ago, officials at Immigration and Customs Enforcement abruptly removed 153 immigrant detainees from Wyatt and sent them to jails across the nation. Last month, ICE announced that it had terminated its contract to send any immigrants to the detention center. The announcement came the same day that the agency issued a report that condemned the way several corrections officers and staff handled Hiu Lui “Jason” Ng, the Chinese national who died in custody last summer.

Since the detainees were transferred, the jail, which is paid a per diem for each prisoner by the federal government, has been losing about $100,000 a week and the city is no longer collecting $52,000 per month as its share of detention center revenue.

Ventetuolo defended his construction project management fee and spoke with pride about the $48-million expansion project . As project manager, Ventetuolo said he was responsible for securing private financing to pay for the construction and refinancing of the debt service associated with the $38 million in bonds secured to build the original jail in the early 1990s.

He said the investors, who hold bonds of varying terms, are paid “a blended rate,” of 5.7 percent annually.

Other duties, he said, included property acquisition, surveys, reports, appraisals and project documentation. He also said that he was responsible for coordinating teams of architects and engineers who worked on the project and he was the liaison with the city and state on all regulatory and environmental issues.

Ventetuolo said that he developed the “contractor selection process,” that led to the selection of O. Ahlborg & Sons Inc., of Cranston, as the general contractor of the jail expansion.

Ventetuolo said that he served on the selection board with a representative from Cornell Correction, a member of the detention board and several other professionals with experience in the construction industry.

In the end, the finalists for the project contractor were Ahlborg and Suffolk Construction, of Massachusetts. He said that Ahlborg’s bid was about $5 million less than Suffolk’s bid. The detention board hired Ahlborg and Ventetuolo notified the firm’s president, Eric Ahlborg, in writing.

The one-page letter was typed on Avcorr stationery.

Ventetuolo said he was eminentlyqualified for the position of construction project manager. He said that he has been involved in the corrections industry for 35 years and he played a role in the development of several prisons on the grounds of the Adult Correctional Institutions in Cranston as well as the construction of the original 350-bed Wyatt jail, which opened in 1993.

He said the project was completed on time and that the bondholders were pleased with the expansion. One of them, he said, called it “a little miracle.”

“They were thrilled and they are still thrilled with the outcome,” he said. “By any measure of success, this was a complete success. It’s an economic generator of major proportions.”

Subject: Exposing Socrates

Author:
Exposing Socrates (Exposing Socrates)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:02:01 02/20/09 Fri

With all due respect this is just another attempt by Wayne to have one of his cronies speak for us. Your not fooling anyone Socrates. If you are not a part of management then you would never have those salary figures and statistics. Did you go over this with Wayne or did he write it himself. That was pretty good the part about Wayne having an open line of communication and everything in the prison is under the watchful eye of warden salisbury. Yes, it was under the watchful eye of Warden Salisbury that he ordered a movement ("gently of course") of a detainee who he believed was faking. Don't you think it is funny that it was ordered videotaped by Wayne. Why did Wayne believe that it might require a use of force? Did he not believe the detainee or his family that he was in great pain? Does a prison videotape moving a detainee who is crying out in pain? They do when they think the detainee is lying and needs to be forcefully moved. That is the case here. Unfortunately, Socrates you speak on behalf of Wayne not us. Socrates you are a puppet and should not be representing us at any meeting with the mayor or board or anyone else in the future. You were assigned by Warden Salisbury to speak to the board. Socrates if you are a real man then I want you to respond to me about this. Did you sit down with Wayne before you read this? Man up and if you don't respond then I guess you will have been exposed to who you really represent. We look forward to your response.

Replies:
Subject: For the Record

Author:
Socrates
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:09 02/13/09 Fri

**We understand that "former disgruntled employees" are attempting to discredit our organization. Here is a true relection on how the majority of the staff feel about the current situation.

Thank you for providing the employees of the Donald W. Wyatt Detention Facility a chance to address the board during these difficult times. We believe that this is the first time that the employees have had the opportunity to speak to this group – and we are eager to work with you toward the overall betterment of the facility and the City of Central Falls.

The employees of the Wyatt Detention Facility are proud of the work that we do every day….all day. Our facility operates with a budget of more than 25 million dollars and functions as a self-contained organization – a city within a city – with a library – a full-service kitchen – classrooms – medical facilities with a pharmacy and dental equipment – and recreational areas. We do all of this with 207 employees – 70% of whom are correction officers. The average employee salary is $39,800 with the average correction officer earning less than $34,000 per year.

These correctional officers make every effort to ensure that detainees are treated appropriately and fairly. While we are certainly aware that a situation occurred with Mr. Ng that resulted in the termination of two employees, we respectfully ask that you, the board, along with local elected officials, and the press not use this one isolated incident – while certainly very sad – as justification to blemish the reputation of a facility with a solid record. The comparisons to Guantanamo Bay are demoralizing to the men and women who put their heart and soul into the Wyatt community.

We are all aware of the controversy surrounding the Executive Director’s salary and his consultant relationships; however, these situations, in reality, are miles away from the operations of the facility. Our work happens under the watchful eye of Warden Salisbury who maintains open lines of communication with all members of the staff – regardless of their title or position. He is visible throughout the facility and is easily approachable.

Further, the success of Wyatt has a direct correlation to the local economy in Central Falls. We are a 24 hour operation – with employees who frequent local food stores and businesses. Our employees order their meals from places like Village Pizza, Royal Chicken, Best Eastern Chinese Restaurant, and El Paisa. We shop at CVS and Walgreens, and grab coffee on our way to work at the local Dunkin Donuts and the Honey Dew at Blackstone Street and Broad. We do our banking at Navigant and Dexter Credit Unions and Bank of America. And our facility purchases thousands of dollars of janitorial supplies from Shur-az – right up the street from us. We have arguably become the heart of Central Falls’ economy.

The staff – particularly the hard-working correctional officers, medical, kitchen and programs staff – are eager to show you what they do every day. We thank you for your attention – and hope that you keep in mind the faces of these individuals who not only earn their living by working at the facility – but also who consider their work as something of which to be proud.

Replies:
Subject: Dont eat the food

Author:
sick to my stomach (Ahhhhh)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:35 02/19/09 Thu

2 units refused to eat 2 times in one day! what do we do, lock them down....no we make PB and J's ....ahhhhhhhh

Subject: they pissed off the mayor!!!!

Author:
Who Cares (the money wyatt pays us sucks.)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:00 02/03/09 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Get out now!!

Author:
Abandon ship
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:38:59 02/06/09 Fri

I suggest we all get out and go take the CO test in MA. They are giving the test in March. Last day to sign up for it is Feb. 17. Lets get the hell out before we get laid off or replaced www.mass.gov/doc

Replies:
Subject: So who is next to go??????

Author:
me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:08:32 02/08/09 Sun

Subject: New York Times

Author:
HP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:39 02/07/09 Sat

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/us/10detain.html?_r=3&partner=rss&emc=rss

Replies:
Subject: Here we are again in the paper

Author:
Fed up
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:45:57 12/09/08 Tue

Well Wayne once again we're in the paper. No it's not a story on how great our accreditation went, but another slap in the face. When are you going to swallow your pride and get some quality leadership back here. Whatever your differences with P Diddy and Big Daddy were, at least the had order and control around here and did things the right way not only for our benefit but the facility as a whole. They even treated the detainees like humans. These two morons, deep purple and the one with little man's syndrome, do nothing for this place. Please think about this when the next load of detainees are driven off.

Replies:
Subject: RE: Will they get rid of Wayne..........

Author:
Still pissed.........Glad some others are as well
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:04:46 01/21/09 Wed

Well we all know by now that Wayne has protected those who kiss his a**, so Bo and T should be OK, that is until they get fired because they will go before him.........Hopefully they realize that he is going to sell them down the road as fast as he has others to help himself...Maybe one of these selfserving happy people will learn to tell the truth.............
I am SURE that if they forget how to the attorneys and ICE will remind them how to...........
Have fun in your lies, I hope they eat away at you.
What goes around, somes around...........
Hey your fired.......
Bring back Cornell at least they had Wayne on a leash....

Replies:
Subject: Up Shit Creek Without A Paddle!!!!

Author:
Exit Stage Left
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:17:54 01/16/09 Fri

Man are we up the creek!!!!! Just watch everyone run around like chickens without their heads cut off. Sit back and watch the show. At $100 per detainee each day the pressure won't take long for someone to pop their lid. God bless us all.

Subject: We should bring back BIG DADDY and thats it

Author:
Bot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:26:26 05/10/08 Sat

Replies:
Subject: http://www.voy.com/193032/

Author:
http://www.voy.com/193032/
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:54:32 11/23/08 Sun

http://www.voy.com/193032/

MCI-F board back up

Subject: i love my job

Author:
baby D
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:51:12 11/09/08 Sun

I LOVE THE WYATT ALL YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE. THIS PLACE IS A GOOD START TO A RESPECTFUL JOB AND A HONEST LIVING...(HAVE A GOO DAY)

Subject: It's been quiet here, why?

Author:
lonely
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:14:25 11/06/08 Thu

Replies:
Subject: By the way how long was our fearless leader on vaction

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:39:19 08/13/08 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Can you say security breach

Author:
Isn't this illeagal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:06:08 08/24/08 Sun

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=EYpWQ7V8CWQ

Replies:
Subject: 1 800 (nice sticker guys

Author:
lmao
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:01 06/16/08 Mon

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

[
Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: What a fucking idiots

Author:
I dont know anymore
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:02 05/16/08 Fri

Hey hows my fucking driving, please call 1800- stop treating us like fucking little kids we are not fucking bus drivers or taxi drivers, we are law enforcement well thats what i thought we were.

Replies:
Subject: Its only a job

Author:
CO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:19:30 06/02/08 Mon

This is only a job, just do your 8 hours and go home. Unlike some people that made this there career, I consider this a job. Who care who sucks whos balls to get a good post, or who gives who a reach around. 95% of CO's are unhappy working there and think is a big joke. I personally just wana do my 8 hours a day and get paid, and not give a fuck about any of these brown nose asshole! As far as peace officer status, who gives a shit you are and always will be considered a Security Guard, AKA baby sitter!!!

Replies:
Subject: Take it like a champ

Author:
CO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:04:53 06/19/08 Thu

This is only a stepping stone for most people. We just had like 13 CO's go take the ACI test. This place doesnt care about their employees, they just wana make money and make their pockets fatter. Once they relize that they shit on all the good worker, they'll only have the shit bags left. Its all good tho, I go there do wat I have to do and go home. Its only a stepping stone like I said.

P.S. I hurd that even if you'r a good worker and you move on to bigger and better things this place never gives you a good reference!!

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.