VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:15
Author: Green Lantern - 25 Aug 2002
Subject: Kriya at Ananda

Apparently the teachers at Ananda claim to teach kechari mudra, but from what I read it doesn't appear that Paramahansaji gave explicit instructions to Kriyananda regarding technique (when Kriyananda asked Yoganandaji if he should practice kechari the Master said something to the effect: 'not now...in the future.') I recall reading this from one of Kriyananda's writings. Also, is nabhi kriya taught at Ananda? I had read a post on the SRF Walrus site sometime ago by an Ananda member that seemed to indicate that this was the case. However, from what I have read it doesn't appear that Swami Sri Yukteswarji himself taught nabhi kriya. Of course Yoganandaji might have learned this technique elsewhere since he also received Kriya from his father and Shastri Mahasaya (Swami Kebelananda) and later passed it down to Kriyananda but this seems somewhat unlikely. I have had the sneaking suspicion that Kriyananda might have picked up some of these things (kechari, nabhi kriya, etc) during his later visits to India and is now using them as a way of trying to make himself and Ananda appear more legitimate than SRF. I hope that my information, suspicions are wrong and this is not the case.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.