VoyForums

06 /20/ 18, 4:49amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678 ]

Buzzy's Question and Answer Forum
Need help? This is the place.
Welcome Note: Be sure and check the archives for more helpful messages. Please no advertisement on this page. This is a help page only. You can send ads directly to webmaster.
Back to Vintage Birds

Subject: marker lights and awnings

Author:
mark landwer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/ 21/ 11, 2:03pm

RE: 1979 35' Wanderlodge. I am looking for two sources. One for replacement marker lights, several of mine are corroded beyond repair. The other is for replacement awning fabric and installation. Any guidance would be appreciated.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Subject: galley monitor panel ???

Author:
eric rakita (the big blue bird)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/ 14/ 11, 6:20pm

hey where could i find help with the galley monitor panel, the one with the level gauges and the digitel and that stuff??? mine quit working and i need to know is there a power supply for all of the what seem to be computer controlled items in this board?? the ac line voltage meters are working and the independent switches for the water pump and refrigerator fan are working but nothing else on this panel is working ???
i cant figure out if it has its own power source, like a fused line feeding it maybe??
it was all working fine but in the storms in ark this last month a lightening strike was close enough to knock out my power and i had to kick in the generator.
could any one assist me please ??
thanks eric

[> Subject: Re: galley monitor panel ???

Author:
Shane Fedeli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/ 2/ 11, 4:49pm

Eric- What my coach has is an electronic master switch in the back of the overhead compartment on the driver's side above the couch. That would normally control my clock, the panel that you are speaking of and the clock over the bed. I'd guess that it gets power from one of the breakers in the overhead compartment. Where are you located? I think that there are a few coaches out there being "parted out" and you might be able to buy a whole new panel for your coach if you are close to one of them.

[> [> Subject: Re: galley monitor panel ???

Author:
eric rakita (thanks for the answer)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/ 12/ 11, 6:42am

hey i live in champaign ill. that is in central ill.
i figured out the panel problem, it was a loose power pin in the push plug behind the panel.
i was wondering what the switch was for over the coach in the compartment with the drape motor for the drivers side, thanks again, but mine does not seem to do anything?
i am also looking for the solenoid that turns off the engine when you shut off the key, mine quit working and now i have to shut off the engine by pulling the t handle.
i would love to find a bb somewhere for parts!!!

[> [> [> Subject: Re: galley monitor panel ???

Author:
Shane Fedeli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/ 13/ 11, 1:44am

Eric- It sounds like you have a PT model. The engine is shut down with a small air-operated plunger on top of the throttle assembly. Usually, it says "Schrader" on it. There's a small air line connected to an electrically operated solenoid with a red plastic cap. Check the ground wire on the solenoid and also for power when you turn off the front ignition. My solenoid is down behind the bumper on the driver side at the back of the coach.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: galley monitor panel ???

Author:
Ernie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05/ 14/ 11, 6:20pm

This Schrader valve is rebuildable for $2.50. Any good seal and O-ring place has them. DON'T go to Stewart and ripoff to find a rebuild as they will tell you nothing exists. Ask me how I know after shelling out over a hundred bucks for a new valve

Subject: power train in Wanderlodge

Author:
D Rudland
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 22/ 11, 10:42am

I am seriously looking at my first B.B. Wanderlodge. Something that concerns me as I look at the ads is that many of the coaches with low miles have new transmissions or rebuilt motors at low hours. It is my understanding these coaches are built for mega miles so why do so many have rebuilt powertrains? Appreciate your feedback.

[> Subject: Re: power train in Wanderlodge

Author:
Shane Fedeli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 19/ 11, 8:04am

Biggest reasons are poor maintenance and lack of regular use. Like most things in life- Use it or lose it. Big Diesels do not like to sit idle for months or years at-a-time.

[> [> Subject: Re: power train in Wanderlodge

Author:
Don Rudland
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 22/ 11, 10:42am

Thanks for the response. So I guess what I person has to do is take a unit to a reputable mechnic and have it checked well. I am sold on the BB's and I hope to enjoy my retirement on the road. Cheers

[> Subject: Re: power train in Wanderlodge

Author:
Jimmy G
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 20/ 11, 5:48am

Like Shane said it is maint. I have an 86 pusher with 153K miles and it runs like new. No smoke, starts every time and it quiet down the road. I would never buy anything other than a Wanderlodge, ever.

Subject: 1980 wanderlodge p35 Mass Weight Empty ?

Author:
Darryl Keirstead (Need Help)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 18/ 11, 4:42am

New member here, Would there be anyone that could tell me the curb weight of a 1980 P35 bluebird,
Thanks Very Much
Darryl

[> Subject: Re: 1980 wanderlodge p35 Mass Weight Empty ?

Author:
ernie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 18/ 11, 4:42am

close to 32,000

Subject: Water Heater Temperature Sensor

Author:
Don
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 12/ 11, 4:47pm

Hi all,

I am in process of swapping water heaters. Does anyone know what the external temperature switch on the tank is? Temperature setting and probably normally open. This is the suplimental switch that turns power off to the water heater if it becomes too hot (scalding, not the temperature limit switch on the tank), and possibly turns the relay off if the coach engine is running; like on my older bus. I'm not certain of full function because I do not have this documentation. The valve is in bad shape and I'd like to swap it out.

Thanks,

Don
PT40, 1987 8V92TA

[> Subject: Re: Water Heater Temperature Sensor

Author:
Don
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 11/ 11, 12:04pm

The temperature switch +12VDC went to an always hot busbar, all other wiring either went to ground or the temperature switch and the 110V relay; ground side closed to activate relay. As there is no engine run sense circuit, this switch is not efected when the bus engine is running.

I used 1/2" press on sharkbite fitting that appear to work fine in transit. With the tank in place bending copper to the new tanks fitting and or solder was just risky given the very tight space.

I used a standard yard faucet for the drain. The air power drain/fill/supplay "relay" would not fit in the space with the new tank.

Under the plywood under the tank is a white grey matt that could pass for asbestice. I had to cut out the rotted plywood and installed a simple stainless steel pan I bent myself over this matt to contane condensation (hopefully).

Standard premium 5/8" automotive heater hose was used to replace the old engine heat loop. The old hose seemed to be in good condition.

By the way after draining and blowing out the old tank, it easily weighed 35lbs heavier than the replacement tank. It still dumped water when tilted and was no simple task to pull free.

Don
1987 PT40

[> [> Subject: Re: Water Heater Temperature Sensor

Author:
ernie ekberg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 12/ 11, 4:47pm

that gray mat is indeed asbestos
handle with care

Subject: brakes

Author:
Joe (tired)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 9/ 11, 3:41am

Hi,I have a 1968 fc31 and want to redo the brakes and wheel cylinders.Any idea where I can find them.Thanx Joe

Subject: 2000 wanderlodge lx1

Author:
greg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 7/ 11, 6:38am

does anybody know what would cause the tag axle to run crooked . when going straight down road the tag axle will be angled left or right.

[> Subject: Re: 2000 wanderlodge lx1

Author:
Rich D.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04/ 7/ 11, 6:38am

Did your Bird have a steerable tag? Many of those had problems abd were "fixed" by welding them in a straight position. As long as you can dump the pressure on the tag there really is no need for it to be steerable.

Subject: 1981 35' FC Batteries

Author:
john peters
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 14/ 11, 7:42am

I have a 81 FC. It has been completely restored to original condition in 2005 but has not been used and is in a warehouse (it is beautiful). Batteries are dead though - again. My question is - can i replace the 4 - 6 volt batteries with 2 - 12 volt? if so, how would i wire the 12 volts batteries? Also, if the 12 v's will work what size should i get (CCA etc...). thanks for any advice, john

[> Subject: Re: 1981 35' FC Batteries

Author:
Shane Fedeli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 14/ 11, 7:42am

I'd just stick with 6V golf cart batteries. They have a longer reserve capacity than 12V cells. I prefer the ones at Sam's Club- $72 each and they can take a beating!

Subject: generator swap questions

Author:
Thomas Hardesty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03/ 13/ 11, 12:12pm

my 78 BB 31' has the original, weak and sick Onan Generator. I have a friend who can get me a great deal on a Boliy 3600si power converter/generator. Has anyone done a switch out of the onan for a newer generator, and what is involved? I would want the remote start , etc to all work. I would like the Boliy to fit into the space vacated by the Onan. If it is a good solution, anyone out there interested in the Onan? It is an Onan 6.5 genset, thanks thardst1@hotmail.com

Subject: owners is Canada

Author:
joe (Any owners in Vancouver BC)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 21/ 11, 1:50pm

I was wondering if anyone knows if there any bird owners in Vancouver British Columbia Canada? Any ideas how I can find out?
Thanks
Joe

[> Subject: Re: owners is Canada

Author:
Rob Robinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 21/ 11, 5:40am

Joe I live in Victoria BC and before long Richard Selin will be moving from Alberta to Vancouver. There are others in the area but their names slip my mind. If you go over an become a member of the Wanderlodge Owners Group http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/

you will be able to contact Curt Sprenger who is making a data base of all owners. He tells me that his information has 55 Canadian BB owners. If you have questions please feel free to contact me at wander.rob@gmail.com

[> [> Subject: Re: owners is Canada

Author:
JOe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 21/ 11, 1:50pm

Thanks Rob
I'll search the owners for the person you mentioned and see if he can forward me his list when he has it compiled.
Joe

Subject: Dead Short

Author:
Tim Crosby
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 1/ 11, 12:59pm

I've a '77 about 3 yrs. with no problems. Last used it about a month ago. Usually plug to 110 when I return but didn't the last time. Went to crank it and both batteries completely dead. Removed batteries, charged them, reinstalled, attached positive cable to battery, when I started to attach negative cable there was a large blue spark which to me indicated a short some where. Same with battery switch on or off. Anyone had similar problems? Would appreciate any help. Tim

[> Subject: Re: Dead Short

Author:
Don
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 1/ 11, 12:59pm

Hello,

On my 1980 the hot lead to the starter and at the starter was in contact with the engine exhaust pipes and melted through with perhaps 20% of the copper melted. A dirty enough connection to allow normal operation but crappy battery life.

All wiring on your bus is suspect and you really have to nose around and look for signs of heat, insulation cracking, and especially simple minded previous repairs.

On that same bus the appliance wiring to the heaters under the bed was literally falling appart, insulation falling off the copper in the J-Boxes... My overhead DC couplers to the load centers in the overheads were hot to the touch (voltage drop, appliances don't want to work, heaters don't lite, lights dull, and eventual fires). Clean, replace, correct.

My 1987 is much improved from an electrical standpoint. I can say that on my 1980 that I had most panels off at one time or another and w/o exception something always needed attention.

And rubber, by now pretty much all your original rubber is falling appart.

Don

1987 PT40 8V92TA

Subject: Security Alarm System

Author:
Greg Borrouso
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 1/ 11, 9:05am

I have a 1979 33' Wanderlodge w/3208 Cat and I'm looking for the original install location of the security alarm. I would appreciate any help I can get.

[> Subject: Re: Security Alarm System

Author:
Don
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02/ 1/ 11, 9:05am

Hi Greg,

On my 1980 I can't recall there being a specific location for this. Mostly normally open switches at the windows and door that if opened would close the switch that would allow power to the horn/alarm under the bus; possibly via a relay. Now there was a panic switch above the bed that would turn all exterrior lights on, with relays above the rear bed. IF, there was an alarm system propper, probably just relays binding posts, I would look there.

Don

1987 PT40 8V92TA

Subject: 88 FC ZF locked i

Author:
Snowballs
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01/ 29/ 11, 4:44am

tranny locked in neutral, key off on quickly, press drive before engine dies and it switches to drive. Any help appreciated.

[> Subject: Re: 88 FC ZF locked i

Author:
Bill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01/ 29/ 11, 4:44am

There may be more help on the WOG site.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php

Subject: Door Step 1996 Blue Bird Wonderloge

Author:
Don and Denise Evans (Fustrated)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01/ 24/ 11, 2:02pm

HI, my husband is trying to fix the door step on our coach, it has two mercury switches that are attached to the step at a certain angle with in 2 degrees to be correct. We are hoping someone could send us a picture of the under neith of the step that would show us the angles of the switches. Or if someone knows the angles that the switches have to be in. Any help would be much appreciated.

Denise & Don Evans
305 731-4540

Subject: OBSOLETE PART FOR 1968 FLAT NOSE WANDERLODGE

Author:
MARK (FLUSTRATED)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/ 23/ 10, 6:14pm

wHEN A FRONT TIRE BLEW OUT ON THIS CLASSIC, IT BROKE THE STEERING CROSS TUBE ASSEMBLY, PART # A-3102-V-2128.

I HAVE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE FROM PORTLAND, TO NY, TO MIAMI LOOKING AND NO LUCK.

PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY HELP. IT HAS NOW BEEN SITTING IN A REPAIR SHOP FOR OVER 4 MONTH

FLUSTRATED IN GA.

[> Subject: Re: OBSOLETE PART FOR 1968 FLAT NOSE WANDERLODGE

Author:
Mike Hohnstein
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/ 23/ 10, 6:14pm

You need the tie rod assy out of a Ford truck. I used the part from a 1985 Ford L-8000 to fix my 1964 Bluebird.

Subject: 91 -95 wanderlodge

Author:
Darcy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/ 14/ 10, 7:03pm

Hello
Ilove the wanderlodge's but know nothing about them because we never see them up here in northern Alberta Canada. need to know the differance between the differt models [bmc?] please if any one has this kind of info we are sure looking to go traveling since all kids are finally married off
Thanks Darcy

[> Subject: Re: 91 -95 wanderlodge

Author:
Rob Robinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/ 3/ 10, 8:39am

Darcy I would recommend you join Wanderlodge Owners Group and check out Vintage Birds. Just Google these names and you'll get to the sites easily. Join up on Wanderlodge Owners Group (it's free) and we'll help you out

[> Subject: Re: 91 -95 wanderlodge

Author:
Rich D.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12/ 14/ 10, 7:03pm

Darcy,

Right above these posts there is a link that says: "Back to Vintage Birds". Click that link then choose the "History" tab for all the information you need regarding Wanderlodge models and years.

Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2345678 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (VoyUser only):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.