VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

The Adult Irish Dancer Message Board
The place for all adult Irish dancers to discuss all things Irish dance

Subject: Dongan Feis Update - Inside first post.

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:58:52 07/14/13 Sun

Replies:
Subject: I want to wish all the adult ceili dancers the best of luck at NANs...

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:51:43 07/01/13 Mon

But it would be even better if I knew which teams were going! Anyone know? I'm hoping some kind adults will post about the ceili competition, # of teams, dances, etc. This is IT for adults and I hate that we get so little press/info. C'mon adults, promote yourselves! We're on your side.
Replies:
Subject: Irish Mystique: The newest Irish Dance show is coming to a theater near you.

Author:
Banshee (Awesome Show)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:33:44 07/08/13 Mon

Irish Mystique is an epic journey into the magical legends of the the Celts. The show will feature spellbinding characters such as the lordly Sidhe folk (pronounced She), the Will-o-the-Wisp, the seductive Selkies, and the hauntingly beautiful Banshee. There will also be thunderous dances from the warrior Celts and inspiring songs and dances from the Pirate Queen, Grace O'Malley.

Come explore the myths of the ancient Celts. With hauntingly beautiful singing and riveting storytelling our world class performers will captivate your imagination with their inspiring Irish dances. You will hear all original cutting edge epic music composed by Daniel Nelson and performed by Keltish with Chelle Fulk, Christopher McCarney, Michael Kazalski, and Daniel Nelson.

All the music and the dances are original creations from the mind of experienced performer and composer Daniel Nelson. The music is performed live by world class musicians from the band Keltish and backed by original symphonic scores.

Irish Mystique tickets are on sale for the July debut at the Kimball Theater in Williamsburg VA! The shows are July 26th and 27th at 7pm. Tickets are $20 for adults, $17 for seniors and students, and $15 for children under 12. To purchase tickets for the shows call Colonial Williamsburg at 1-800-history.

Tickets are on sale at the Weinberg Center in Frederick Maryland for Friday August 16th at 7pm and Saturday August 17th at 7pm. Tickets are $25 for adults, $20 for seniors and students, and $15 for children under 12.
http://www.weinbergcenter.org/3587/irish-mystique/
Subject: Dongan Feis Update

Author:
dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:02:02 07/02/13 Tue

The Dongan Feis is now closed to new entries - we have actually gone over our cap due to several unpaid entries. We thank you all for your support.

Unpaid entries will be deleted on Friday, July 5th. You may still pay the entry via Paypal or a check. If you are out of town and cannot pay until you return, please let us know.

A schedule will be posted shortly before the feis. Until then, I am taking an Excel/Word break!
Subject: Féistastic - now available on iTunes

Author:
Tina Jordan Rees
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:48:27 06/28/13 Fri

Hi folks,

Just a wee plug to say that Féistastic is now available on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/feistastic/id639827041

Thanks a million,
Tina
Subject: Note about the Dongan Feis....

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:39 06/24/13 Mon

Just to let you know, we are approaching our cap faster than in previous years; at the rate entries are coming in, I anticipate we will reach it by July 6th.

If you haven't paid your entry, please do so; as we near the cap, we will likely delete unpaid entries.

Registration is open on Feisweb (http://new.feisweb.com). Information can be found on our website (http://donganfeis.org).

Hope to see you in Albany!
Subject: Hi, I have a pair of Ryan and O'donnel heavy shoes for sale size 6, email me if interested.. im in England

Author:
mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:45:44 06/24/13 Mon

Subject: Dongan Feis Hotel Block

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:38:54 06/20/13 Thu

Last chance to book in our hotel block - it will close on Monday, June 24th!
http://donganfeis.org/hotels/
Subject: Any adult teams doing Nationals this year?!

Author:
anyone?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:16 04/27/13 Sat

We never have (we've only done our Oireachtas) but I'd love to hear who's going. And do you do any fundraising? Money is a big reason why we never manage to get a team to go. I'd love to, though.
Replies:
Subject: Which upcoming MAR feiseanna will host adult comps?

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:28 05/27/13 Mon

From what I can tell, Feis Rochester will not offer adult categories. Is that correct? There's no syllabus out yet, but FeisWeb registration is open, and I don't see any adult category for solos and/or ceilis.

And Dongan Feis doesn't seem to have adults either this year, correct? I see 18+ categories added, but no adults. I do remember reading a post about how few/no adults signed up last year.

I'm trying to plan out a feis schedule and budget for the summer, but those of these feiseanna were originally on my to-attend list. Bummed.
Replies:
Subject: Join us for the 25th Annual Governor Thomas Dongan Feis!

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:01 05/19/13 Sun

The 25th Annual Governor Thomas Dongan Feis will be held on July 20, at the Empire State Plaza in Albany, NY.

Registration is open on Feisweb (http://new.feisweb.com). Information can be found on our website (http://donganfeis.org)

In celebration of the 25th Anniversary, we'll have sashes for the top three in preliminary and open championships.
Replies:
Subject: 'Feis Music 1 Advanced' -The latest Irish Dance album from one of the world's leading feis musicians, Sean O'Brien, is now available for purchase and download at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanobrien1

Author:
www.feismusician.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:18:43 05/16/13 Thu

Subject: Are you looking for a new dress for your teen on a tight budget? Please consider this one:

Author:
Thank you (accepting reasonable offers)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:51 05/15/13 Wed

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/modern-sophisticated-tiffany-blue-white-sequin-dress-for-taller-slim-dancer/
Subject: Master Class in Michigan July 14

Author:
Gail (Phillips)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:29 05/10/13 Fri

Irish Dance Master Class
July 14, 2013 1 pm – 5 pm
Hosted by:
Dancin’ with Delia Irish Dance
7443 E. Michigan Ave. Saline, MI 48176
734 .506.8128 DancinWithDeliaInfo@gmail.com
Guest instructors:
Mary McCarthy-Felton: ADCRG, World Irish Dance Teacher Examiner, Principal McCarthy-Felton Irish Dancers, UK (40 years presenting shows and champions)
Meabh Felton” TCRG, B.A. Irish Music & Dance, M.A. Traditional Dance Performance, Instructor: University of Limerick

Our exciting and challenging course is designed for dance students and teachers who are serious about improving their technique and professional knowledge. We offer an invigorating and refreshing approach to Irish Dance for current Irish Dancers, Irish Dance teachers and other Dance teachers wanting to broaden their spectrum

A master dance class is a class given to dancers/teachers by very accomplished dancers/teachers in order to improve technical skills. Master teachers are often company directors, company members, choreographers or rehearsal assistants. Master classes offer advanced students the opportunity to learn from experts. Master dance classes build strength and bring your focus back to building technique.

Taking a master class lets you see first-hand what new teachers have to offer, and also gives you an opportunity to dance alongside a roomful of unfamiliar faces. Smart dancers constantly look for ways to improve.

Session I: 4 and 8 hand dances Session II: Two Traditional Solo Sets.
Dancing on sprung wooden floor with Marley.

Registration is limited to 24 participants ($50.00) and 15 auditors ($25.00)
Prizes for first 5 to register and pay!
Replies:
Subject: Saline Celtic Feis July 13, Registration Open

Author:
Gail (Phillips)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:08:14 05/10/13 Fri

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saline-Celtic-Festival-Annual-Feis/185213438193132?ref=ts&fref=ts
Subject: Roommate at NANs

Author:
miranda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:31 05/07/13 Tue

I used to be an irish dancer and i retired a few years ago. I live in LA where I go to college and I was hoping to attend NANs for fun. If anyone needs a roommate Id be glad to split the hotel fee with you. Im also a film makeup artist, so I can help you with any makeup needs, haha.
Let me know!
Thanks,
Miranda
Subject: Good news about Nation's Capital Feis

Author:
Jody (mensa58@yahoo.com)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:40:09 04/30/13 Tue

One of my pet peeves has been the "family entry fee" even if a person is attending alone. Here's a quote from the Nation's Capital Feis entry form: "Saturday SINGLE Adult competitors who enter through Feisworx will receive a $20 refund when they receive their number at the Feis Desk".

Laureen O'Neill-James confirmed that. So, those of us who enter alone will pay the $20 up front but will get it back when we check in.
Replies:
Subject: Hullachan New Facebook Page

Author:
Craig Coussins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:24:14 04/24/13 Wed

Hi. I am Craig Coussins and have recently set up a Facebook page for Hullachan in collaboration with the owners of Hullachan. Antonio Pacelli. We would love you to pop in and leave a like and a share for us as the page went live this week. I will soon be answering questions on dance health care and avoidance of injury through this Facebook Page and through the associated Blog that we are setting up in June.
Meantime, if you have any comments about my designs for Hullachan. please let me know on the new Facebook Page. Both Antonio Pacelli and me truly appreciate feedback.
Many thanks for reading this.
New Facebook Page Link: http://www.facebook.com/HullachanPro
Subject: ATTENTION ADULT DANCERS!!!!!

Author:
Joan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:25:42 04/23/13 Tue

The Patricia Murphy Feis scheduled for June 8 in Brick, NJ is offering Adult Competitions! Please feel free to join us. Syllabus and information available at www.patriciamurphyschool.com.
Subject: Belvedere Irish Nights

Author:
RinceInniu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:44:47 04/16/13 Tue

Great dancing from Damhsa dancers at a traditional show in Dublin

http://www.rinceinniu.ie/videos/show-78-1342/belvedere-irish-nights-1.html
Subject: Need votes for Heartbeat of Home Audition!

Author:
Natalie Rondinelli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:35 04/12/13 Fri

Hi everyone, I dance with the Cashel Dennehy School of Irish dance in Milwaukee, WI! I'm looking for support from all of my fellow Irish dancers, fans, friends, and families! I need your help in the auditions for Riverdance's new show Heartbeat of Home!! Please take a look, click VOTE from any and all devices you can, and feel free to share with others to do the same!Vote everyday until April 26th, it will only take a few seconds!

http://talentsearch.heartbeatofhome.com/portfolio/natalie-rondinelli/

Thanks a million!! x
Natalie
Subject: There is a great thread running on dance.net right now "You know you are an aging dancer when..." http://www.dance.net/topic/10093431/1/Irish/You-know-you-re-an-aging-dancer-when.html Contains much truth and humor!

Author:
Hop_123
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:53:14 04/05/13 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Proud of my fellow adult Irish dancers! Video link inside :)

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:24 03/16/13 Sat

I just wanted to share this video. I dance for Clann Na Cara in Buffalo, NY, and we have a rapidly growing adult group. When I started at CNC two years ago, there were only a handful of adults dancing regularly each week. Now, we have at least 20 dancers showing up for class each week!

My teachers were kind enough to invite our adult group to perform at the school's annual fundraiser pub night. Some of us danced as children and have been retired from comps for 5+ years; others of us are complete beginners.

I choreographed this fun performance to suit the abilities of all our adults. Unfortunately, I was not able to actually attend the show, but the dancers recorded it for me.

Here's the link to the performance on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd4JpLWu6RI&sns=em

Very proud of them on a job well done :)
Replies:
Subject: Competitive Adult Irish Dancers in Utah?

Author:
East Coast Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:09 02/14/13 Thu

Just wondering if there are any schools in Utah (preferably in SLC) that have a competitive adult ceili team? Thanks!
Replies:
Subject: For the Gov. Dongan feis secretary - will youconsider doing O18 age groups again this year?

Author:
and-over dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:07:10 03/18/13 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Where can i find a box big enough to ship any DD dress? it measures 32x17.

Author:
mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:48:48 03/20/13 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Is there really a 5 year rule?

Author:
wondering?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:35:55 02/26/13 Tue

There was a question posted on dance.net asking about adult dancers and the five year rule. Apparently, there is almost no mention of it anymore in the official rules. Also, someone said that it was being phased out because now that adults can dance slow-speeds, there may be adults who dropped down who may want to re-enter adult levels. Thoughts?
Replies:
Subject: So it's that time of year again!...

Author:
LOVE this time of year!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:24 03/07/13 Thu

How many dance-outs are you doing? Does your school do many and if so, are adult dancers welcome? I'm very happy with my school as adults are invited and encouraged to attend any and all...parades, parties, clubs, pubs, etc. Happy St. Patrick's Day to all and happy dancing!
Replies:
Subject: Airbrush Spray Tan

Author:
Femme Fatale Airbrush Tan (Look/feel beautiful!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:09:28 03/07/13 Thu

Located minutes away from the Convention Center, home of the big competition, is Femme Fatale Airbrush Tan, a tan favored by Miss Teen USA, Miss Universe, Miss USA, Dancers, and all of Hollywood. No smell, no orange coloring, no streaking......and only takes about 10 minutes! We are at 464 Commonwealth Avenue.....come in and get sprayed before the competition!!!! Contact us at Femmefataleairbrushtan@gmail.com or visit our website www.femmefataleairbrushtan.com........we also do makeup !

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:31:32 03/06/13 Wed

Located minutes away from the Convention Center, home of the big competition, is Femme Fatale Airbrush Tan, a tan favored by Miss Teen USA, Miss Universe, Miss USA, Dancers, and all of Hollywood. No smell, no orange coloring, no streaking......and only takes about 10 minutes! We are at 464 Commonwealth Avenue.....come in and get sprayed before the competition!!!! Contact us at Femmefataleairbrushtan@gmail.com or visit our website www.femmefataleairbrushtan.com
Subject: Win a brand new ELEVATION dress by entering the Carson Kennedy Raffle 2013. Tickets only £10. Worth £1000. Enter via PayPal at the website -- open worldwide! Closing date march 17th

Author:
http://carsonkennedy.wix.com/carsonkennedyfeis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:27:02 03/05/13 Tue

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:13:56 03/04/13 Mon

The official spray tan for celebrities, red carpet events, dance competitions, Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, and Miss Universe is now in the heart of Boston! Come on in and see what the buzz is about. There is nothing better than looking your best when aiming for a big win, so come get tan and ready to dance! Contact @ Femmefataleairbrushtan@gmail.com
Subject: Does anyone know what time the adults usually dance at the Big Apple Feis? Thanks.

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:32:41 02/13/13 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Who's registering for the O'Rourke Feis? I AM!

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:51 01/03/13 Thu

I'm attending the feis with at least one other dancer from my school. Hope to see a nice turnout again this year. Last year was outstanding :)
Replies:
Subject: Dublin City Championships (Ireland)

Author:
Breeda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:33:27 01/30/13 Wed

Does anyone know anything about the Dublin City Championships in Dublin Ireland?? I believe they do grades competitions for 0ver25??? Anyone going?? Any information please??
Subject: Someone posted this on the dance.net board: ID competition from 1929!

Author:
really fun
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:39 01/14/13 Mon

Fascinating glimpse of history of ID. And they aren't kids!

I love the ceili dancers!
Replies:
Subject: US dancer Amanda Carpenter on Irish Dance Web Site

Author:
RinceInniu.ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:06:25 01/15/13 Tue

Pictures and interview at the World's held in Belfast on Ireland's only online dance website

http://www.rinceinniu.ie/news/
Subject: stunning irish dance costume to suit 10 to 11 year old

Author:
Sharon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:29:06 01/10/13 Thu

http://www.ontraz.ie/Ad/Kildare/Irish-Dancing/Dresses/stunning-irish-dance-costume-to-suit-10-to-11-year-old-/2696
Subject: Bun Wig Dilemma

Author:
Pulled out elastic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:30:28 12/12/12 Wed

Does anyone happen to have an idea on how one might get the elastic bungee thread back thru the net hem on the bun wigs?
I have tried several options that would normally work on other items, but the netting is making it quit difficult. It is a brand new bun, only worn a few times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Replies:
  • Re: Bun Wig Dilemma -- If you can't get it rethreaded using a blunt tapestry needle, you may need to add a new casing., 04:25:12 12/19/12 Wed
Subject: New Dance Series TG4

Author:
Méabh (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:05:40 11/06/12 Tue

BUAIL COS is a new 6 part dance series being broadcast on TG4 Sunday @ 10 pm and repeated every Friday @ 8pm. Featuring Niamh Taylor World Champion Irish dancer from Belfast and Pádraig Ó Dubháin a sean nós dancer from Galway. It looks at the history of dance in Ireland whilst following these two amazing dancers. Get a real insight into the passion and drive that pushes them throughout the year as they compete in their respective regional and national competitions.
Replies:
Subject: Used Jubilee Dance Floor

Author:
Yvonne Dunworth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:27 12/11/12 Tue

I am interested in buying a used Jubilee portable dance floor (about 20 tiles or 8'x10' in size) before Christmas.

I am located in Southern California.

Thanks!
Replies:
Subject: Adult trad set results from MARO (inside)

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:35:54 11/28/12 Wed

Scroll all the way to the last page for adult trad set results:
http://www.mid-atlanticregion.com/2012%20Oireachtas/2012%20O.%20Traditional%20Set%20Results%20.pdf

Congratulations, dancers!
Replies:
Subject: Good luck to all the adults competing this weeked in the SRO!

Author:
MAR dncr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:32:10 11/29/12 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Mid atlantic results

Author:
Lily
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:53 11/25/12 Sun

Can someone post the results of the ceilis?? I am dying at home not being there
Replies:
Subject: Just want to say, thanks to our new friends from CNC for your support last weekend. It was much appreciated. :)

Author:
a Crossroads dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:28:33 11/29/12 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Can someone who was there post about the Oireachtas traditional set competition? I'm so intrigued by this and maybe if it's that successful, others will try it! Was it good?

Author:
I sooo wish....
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:21:31 11/26/12 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Here are the full results for the Mid-At O for adult ceili:

Author:
adult ceili dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:58:18 11/26/12 Mon

Comp# 54 - Adult Mixed 4 hand

1 105 Team A O'Rourke
2 101 Team A Crossroads
3 104 Team B Crossroads
4 103 Team A O'Malley
5 102 Team A McElligott

Comp# 53 - Adult Ladies 4 hand

1 105 Team A O'Rourke
2 113 Team A Clann Na Cara
3 115 Team A Niall O'Leary
4 109 Team A Farrell
5 110 Team A Boland
6 111 Team B Niall O'Leary
7 103 Team B Farrell
8 118 Team A O'Malley
9 106 Team A Hooley

Comp# 52 - Adult Mixed 8 hand

1 101 Team A McDade-Cara
2 102 Team A Crossroads

Comp# 51 - Adult Ladies 8 hand

1 109 Team A Early-McLoughlin
2 107 Team A Niall O'Leary
3 108 Team A O'Malley
4 111 Team A O'Rourke
5 110 Team C McDade-Cara
6 105 Team A Clann Na Cara

Great competitions; outstanding dancing...congrats to all who participated!
Replies:
Subject: Copied from MAR board...

Author:
MAR adult dncr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:54:06 11/23/12 Fri

An Oireachtas Prayer -- from Ryan Dunns website, 14:19:19 11/21/12 Wed
An Oireachtas Prayer

Good and Gracious God,
We place ourselves in your presence and invite
your Spirit as we begin this year's Oireachtas.
We have practiced.
We have rehearsed.
We have sacrificed for the love of Irish dance.
We have invested time and money and effort.
Lord, we ask only that you help us to do our best this Day.
May we remember that underneath
the wigs, the dresses, the sparkles, the make-up, and the sock glue
that we dance with bodies and talents you gave us.
With every click and every treble, O Lord,
may we give you glory
and celebrate the the gift of our teachers
who have shown us how to dance.

Lord, in twenty years, it will be hard to recall how we placed.
Time will have faded our memories of where we stood on the podium
or what medal we took home.
We will remember, though, the good times we have shared
and we will tell with delight the stories we remember.
Bless this weekend, Bless our dancing,
and bless those who have given us the gift of Irish dance.

May we all dance today as we hope to dance in eternity:
members of the heavenly ceili
dancing to You, the music of our lives.

We pray this through Christ our Lord,
our Teacher, our Musician, our Music, and our Metronome.

Amen.

Ryan danced as a child along with his sisters in the MWR and then used his talents as a feis musician to share the dance with future generations but he is also a Priest and shares another spirit to all.
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2345678910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.