VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums:

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

The Adult Irish Dancer Message Board
The place for all adult Irish dancers to discuss all things Irish dance

Subject: Wouldn't you LOVE to see Adult cili at the worlds!!!! We here in the UK can only enter 2 feis. The Geat Britains and The All Ireland. No other Feis cater for us :o(

Author:
Maybe we should petition....???
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:00:59 01/10/11 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Can an adult dancer dance in the overs in a feis if there is no adult competition?

Author:
kerrygirl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:52:09 12/07/10 Tue

I read somewhere that if a feis doesn't have an adult competition, an adult dancer could dance in the overs and not compromise her adult dancer status. In other words, you could dance a feis in the overs and then go back to dancing as an adult. I was told this is because if there is no adult category, then the overs ARE your category. Is this true?
Replies:
Subject: Just saw this fantastic post about 'senior' dancers on the New England message board. Check it out :) http://voy.com/16851/

Author:
'senior' dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:56:05 02/01/11 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Wondering

Author:
anyone know?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:15:11 02/01/11 Tue

All-Irelands are soon, aren't they? Are any North American adult teams making the trip this year? (I'd love to go one of these years, so I'd love to hear of any other team experiences. )
Replies:
Subject: Ceili Club at All Irelands

Author:
Dancing Dance Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:24:17 12/10/10 Fri

Any teams from the SR or MAR every traveled to compete in All Irelands. Do you feel it was worth your time and cost? Would like to hear about your experience.

Thanks!
Replies:
Subject: Need Input About Feiseanna In Alaska

Author:
Brenna Briggs
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:06:37 01/21/11 Fri

Liffey Rivers Irish Dancer Mystery No.Five: The Alaskan Sun is in progress. I do extensive research on all my books but as I have never visited Alaska, let alone attended a feis there, I am hoping for some input from anyone who has. Thanks much.
Brenna Briggs
www.liffeyrivers.com
Subject: Will the Staten Island feis be held this year, does anybody have an idea?

Author:
Hoping!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:31 01/15/11 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Now that regionals are over who are the best 8 hands in the adult comps nationally? adult comp?

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:24:39 12/27/10 Mon

Replies:
Subject: How well do adults do in the and overs?

Author:
justanadult
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:36:14 12/14/10 Tue

Hey, I see all these posts about people dropping down to the and-overs. I'm just wondering how well they do. Does any one know of any over 30 dancer who danced at worlds? I might like to give that a try, but am a little nervous about the competition.
Replies:
Subject: Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:35:24 12/26/10 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Major Congrats to O'Rourke on their 3 firsts at the Oireachtas!!

Author:
You-know-who misses you all!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:48:07 11/29/10 Mon

A huge accomplishment with so much competition!! And...a "little bird" told me that you now hold the record for most firsts in the history of adult ladies ceili (started in 1989); 5th win in a row and 6th overall, breaking the old record of McLoughlin back in the 90s. (Yes, I still have the trophy photos, LOL! Wish I was still dancing with you guys...you rock!!)
Replies:
Subject: Seeking an online web marketer for new dance website

Author:
Derek Larney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:29:18 12/06/10 Mon

Hey All,

I have an exciting position for a new website www.dancerush.com We are looking for someone who is passionate about all forms of dance. We need someone who is either a recent graduate of marketing or has some expereince in online & digital marketing. Someone who is all over Facebook, Twitter and other social media is most welcome and strong SEO skills are golden too.

I'm also looking for a web designer for the same site, get in touch if this is you, if not then let your friends know=)
Replies:
Subject: school questions- o'neill james, mcgrath and maple

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:07 12/05/10 Sun

I danced as a child and am looking to come back now in my late 20s. I live in Northern VA and am looking for someone who goes to one of these three schools to answer questions. Please don't hop on and reccommend culkin-they are too far. Just looking at VA- O'Neill Jame, McGrath, Maple. THanks!!

1- do they compete in adult teams?
2- adults classes- structure? more rec? any info
3- what is tc's attitude towards adults dropping down. I probably will end up doing that eventually
4- adult costume?
5- tc's attitude twoards adults wearing solo dresses at PW or when dropping down
Replies:
Subject: Southern Region Oireachtas Results

Author:
Congrats to all the teams!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:10:33 12/05/10 Sun

Adult Ladies Four Hand
1 Team A Culkin : Maryland
2 Team B Culkin : Maryland
3 Team A Inis Cairde : North Carolina
4 Team B Inis Cairde : North Carolina
5 Team B O'Neill-James : Virginia
6 Team A O'Neill-James : Virginia
7 Team C Culkin : Maryland

Adult Ladies Eight Hand

1 O'Neill-James : Virginia
2 Inis Cairde : North Carolina
3 Culkin : Maryland
4 Rhythm of Ireland : Virginia

Adult Mixed Four Hand
1 Team A Culkin : Maryland
2 Team B Culkin : Maryland
3 Team A Aoibhneas an Rince : Virginia

Adult Mixed Eight Hand
1 Culkin : Maryland 1
Replies:
Subject: MidAmerica Oireachtas adult ceili results:

Author:
Congrats, adults!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:15:10 11/30/10 Tue

Congratulations to all the teams at the Mid America regional Oireachtas; the results are:

1. Celtic Academy
2. Glencastle
3. Brady Campbell A
4. McNulty B
5. McNulty A
Replies:
Subject: Best of luck to all those dancing in the Southern Region Oireachtas!

Author:
cd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:28:42 11/29/10 Mon

Replies:
Subject: I wanted to express my sincerest congratulations to the O'Leary School and their first place win in the Ladies' Four-Hand. Congratulations to all who competed. It was a tough competition and an honor to compete against such lovely teams. Slainte!

Author:
cd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:18:05 11/29/10 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Great numbers for Adult ceili at the MARO! 21 ladies 4 hands!

Author:
Awesome!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:08 11/26/10 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Time to prepare for the Saint Patrick's Day Parade and other dance-outs!! Always fun :-)

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:55:56 11/30/10 Tue

Subject: The Ladies' 4-Hand competition was tough. The most teams we've had in a while at the MAR O. Hope everyone returns next year! Congratulations!

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:20 11/29/10 Mon

Subject: Liffey Rivers Books In Time For Christmas

Author:
Brenna Briggs
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:29 11/28/10 Sun

Delays in international packages being shipped promptly overseas caused by recent terrorist threats have made it necessary to change the 'Order By' date for the LIFFEY RIVERS IRISH DANCER MYSTERIES from December 15 to November 30 for international shipments. The books are signed and will be shipped from web site with Good Luck Spaghetti and Meatballs charm.
Brenna Briggs
www.liffeyrivers.com
Subject: Does anyone know the dates of each region's Oireachtas?

Author:
anyone know?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:30 11/21/10 Sun

I think the Western region is this weekend (I found this site for the Western region O photographer: http://showthestory.zenfolio.com/f15351772
but I don't see any adults.

Any other Os and pictures? Please post if you know; thanks!
Replies:
Subject: What is the status of adult specials

Author:
Out of comps for awhile
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:08 11/14/10 Sun

I recently starting competing again as an adult. In the past some feiseanna offered adult specials that allowed adults to do slow speeds for fun. I asked another adult about what feiseanna offered specials and she said that there was a ruling where adults could no longer have special slow speed dances. Is this the case?
Replies:
Subject: New Irish Dance Teacher Blog Post Up!

Author:
check it out!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:53 11/17/10 Wed

irishdanceteacher.wordpress.com

and just in case this forum allows html:

http://irishdanceteacher.wordpress.com

Happy Oireachtas!
Replies:
Subject: SURVEY!

Author:
Siobhan O'Sullivan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:24 11/13/10 Sat

Dear dancers, teachers, adjudicators and parents,

We, at Rinkit, are proposing to bring a new product to the Irish dance market. In order to fulfill the potential of our product, we would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to complete the following survey.
The idea of Rinkit is to provide Irish dancers with an emergency solution to fixing dance shoes in situations of urgency. Included in the kit are essential materials required to carry out D.I.Y. repair jobs. Materials included are:

• • Laces
• • Screws
• • Screwdriver
• • Super-glue
• • Resin
• • Punch Tool (to be used on straps)
• • Duct tape
• • Electrical Tape
• • Instruction Manual
• • Safety Gloves

*NO RECORD OF RESPONDANT’S DETAILS IS TAKEN TO ENSURE ANONYMITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY.

The following link will take you to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JJ7HVFD

Thank you for your co-operation,

The Rinkit Team [Lucy Barry-Dawkins, Ciara Callanan-Ryan, Paddy Cummins, Keegan Drohan, Ciarán McLoughlin, Siobhán O'Sullivan]
Subject: If you are going to your Oireachtas, what ceili are you doing?

Author:
interested ceili dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:00 11/09/10 Tue

Was it your teacher's choice? Do you like it; why or why not? If not, which one would you like to do?
Replies:
Subject: Is your DD a Feisanista?

Author:
Feisanista.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:15:44 11/11/10 Thu

Feisanista (fesh-a-nee-sta) - noun
A term used to define one with a penchant for shopping and a natural flair for combining both current and vintage fashionable trends in Irish dance wear on stage and off.

We carry an eclectic assortment of Irish Dance themed t-shirts, hoodies, tanks, as well as other apparel and gifts. Our Irish dance gifts and oireachtas apparel are sure to make you stand out!

http://www.Feisanista.com
Subject: Learn and enhance your Irish dancing online

Author:
Paul McAvinchey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:36 11/10/10 Wed

Hey there,

We are very happy to present a brand new website that will help you learn and enhance your Irish dancing online. It's called Diddlyi Learn (http://learn.diddlyi.com) and we would love to know what you think.

We spent a lot of time talking to 100s of dancers around the world over the past year. We found that many were looking for more support and many had no access to Irish dancing tuition at all.

Our answer is Diddlyi Learn - we gathered well known and highly qualified Dance Masters (from Riverdance, Lord of the Dance, TCRGs etc.) and will present their teachings through high quality videos and a specially built online support system each month.

Feedback so far has been wonderful - dancers say it will be really useful extra support for them, and obviously those who are not near a school are very excited to finally have access to some great teachers.

The service will be starting in January, but if you want an early bird price, we have a limited amount available by sending us your email address on the homepage.

Thanks all for helping us create this and promote the joy of Irish dancing around the world!

Paul and the Diddlyi Team
Subject: any adult teams dancing in the western O this year?

Author:
:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:12:04 11/04/10 Thu

any adult teams dancing in the western O this year?
Replies:
Subject: Looking for adult IDers opinions, please

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:09:08 11/03/10 Wed

I saw this link to a video clip that got a LOT of positive responses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCSv8Yv2Q8

And, I, too, am amazed by the beauty, the elegance, the style of her dancing. The hight on her toes and the amazing rhythm in her hardshoe (one comment was that you could close your eyes and "hear the hoofbeats", which apparently is how Kilkenny Races should be done. I know she's doing slow speed, but some of those moves - and style - could be incorporated into trad speeds.)

My question is: is this a direction that adult ID could go in? For a few reasons, this IS doable for good adult dancers (unlike some of the high energy and super-athletic aerial moves that most young champs must do now) and I think would win much praise from the ID community, including judges.

What do you think?
Replies:
Subject: First 100 dress listings free on Encoredresssales.com

Author:
Irishdancingdirectory.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:02:51 11/01/10 Mon

Go to Encoredresssales.com and list your dress free

Only the first 100 will be at no charge

Find us at Irishdancingdirectory.com or Encoredresssales.com

Irish Dancing Directory Team
Subject: I know that the Great Britains are this weekend, but does anyone know when the adult ceili is?

Author:
ceili dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:30:22 10/16/10 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Where is adult Irish dancing common?

Author:
future traveler
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:46:23 08/31/10 Tue

After the recent discussions on the message boards about adult dancing, and the level at which people accept it...I have been wondering in what areas of the World is competitive (or other) adult dancing common.

I know there are adult classes throughout the U.S. though the prevelance of adult competitions is greater in the Western and Southern ?Regions.

I also understand that adult Irish dancing is quite popular and accepted in Eastern Europe.

What about Ireland, England, Scotland, Canada, Austrailia and New Zealand?

I am curious how involved Adult dancers are in the activities there. Are their classes? Solo or just ceili groups and competitions?

Anyone have any insight?
Replies:
Subject: Irish Dance Gear Giveaway!

Author:
Gonefeising
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:27:59 10/24/10 Sun

I'm hosting a giveaway on my site, gonefeising.com, $40 worth of Irish dance gear.
When I started this site, I made a lot of friends around the world who share in my love of all things Irish dancing. Unfortunately, because I had my blog on wordpress, I had no way of keeping those connections. Now that I am on blogger, I want to connect with other IDers through Google Friend Connect.
Please come and attend my giveaway event, I look forward to connecting with all of you who love Irish dance too!

Christy

http://tinyurl.com/2ff9f9o
Subject: Irish dance eCards + Irish dance Wall stickers

Author:
Yvonne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:12:53 10/22/10 Fri

Hello, I used to have the Yvonne's Irish Dance eCards site, from where you could send free eCards, but it stopped working, so I just moved and merged parts of it to my Irish Dance Wall Sticker site. If you wish to send free Irish dance eCards again or buy Irish dance wall stickers go to: www.irishdancewallstickers.com
Subject: Hi there, I'm moving to the Chicago area from the SR and wondering which schools take adult dancers.

Author:
Thank you :)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:00:26 10/07/10 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Custom order spots closing fast for I Heart That! Dance

Author:
Ally and Nic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:25:11 10/03/10 Sun

Hi everyone!

As some of you may know, IHTD is going on a hiatus after Christmas so Nicole can stop knitting ghillie slippers and screenprinting T's long enough to have her baby :)

We have now taken enough orders that we have only a few spots left for sewing, and many of the products we make will not be available after the hiatus, you can read all about it here:

http://iheartthatdance.blogspot.com/2010/09/whoa.html

So if you've been hoping to order something, please do so and don't be disappointed! Send us an email if you've got any questions -- we're here to help :)

http://www.iheartthatdance.com
Replies:
Subject: Just a friendly reminder

Author:
ROI Feis Registrar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:53:15 10/04/10 Mon

Last day to register for ROI Feis without any late fees!
Subject: Solo dress wanted for 16-year-old PW

Author:
WR mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:37:18 10/01/10 Fri

Not having luck on the for-sale sites, so I'll try here:

Dancer is short-waisted and long legged
5'7"
130 pounds
US ladies dress size 4, size medium in tops
Bust: 35"
Waist: 28"

Hoping to find something less than 2 years old in modern style to suit a blonde. Maker and price open for the right dress.

Thanks in advance!
Subject: Just a friendly reminder ROI Feis Closing on Oct 4

Author:
ROI Registrar - Protem
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:29 09/30/10 Thu

The adult dances will be a little different this year. Adults start at 4pm, Sat Oct 16, followed by Music comps and our Masquerade Treble Reel Party at 7pm (approx.)

There is a perpetual trophy up for grabs for Adult Traditional Set Dance.

Please come and join us in beautiful historic Williamsburg, VA. We have discount forms available for Colonial Williamsburg on our website. http://www.roiboosterclub.org/

Hope to see you there!
Subject: Ok, so who's going to their Oireachtas with an adult team?

Author:
4s? 8s? Mixed? Ladies? Region? :)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:43:05 09/16/10 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Registration for Feis Culkin opens Monday, September 20

Author:
culkinschool.com webmaster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:54:18 09/18/10 Sat

Feis Culkin 2010 will be held Sunday, November 7 at the Maryland Soccerplex Discovery Sports Center in Boyds, Maryland. Feis Culkin 2010 will again host the Adult Irish Dance Master Cup -- a two-round adult competition with a perpetual cup trophy.

Please visit http://www.feisculkin.info for the most up to date information.

* Registration is on feisweb.com. No registrations will be accepted by mail or phone.
* Registration begins September 20, 2010 at approximately 8:00 a.m.
* Registration is limited to 900 competitors; registration will end when the entry limit is reached or at midnight October 16, 2010, whichever is first.
* Payments are accepted only via PayPal on feisweb.com.

Adjudicator and musician names will be posted on the website. We will post a stage schedule on the website the week before the feis.

On our website, we have the following information posted:

* Travel Information
* Feis Culkin Syllabus (Including printable copies)
* Registration Information
* Rules Governing Feis Culkin (opens in a new window)

You can also get updates via Twitter and Facebook (direct links available from our website)

* Follow @feisculkin on Twitter
* Join the Feis Culkin event page on Facebook
Replies:
Subject: Irish step teacher needed - Hudson, MA

Author:
Lindsay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:19:28 09/21/10 Tue

Looking for an irish step teacher to teach two classes at a dance studio in Hudson, MA.
Classes are held on Thursday afternoons.
Classes are for recreational purposes, not competition. End of year performance.
Does not have to be a TCRG.
Please contact me if interested.
Subject: Thinking about a silver/white wig

Author:
and-over adult
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:14:33 08/29/10 Sun

Does anybody know if any of the wig makers do a silver color, or white? (since I have gray hairs, maybe I might as well show them!) Just thinking about this, any way. I saw one girl at a feis who had a really striking wig, it was basically white mixed with some light brown.
Replies:
Subject: Solo Dress for sale... Womens size 18 to 22

Author:
Tracy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:31 08/07/10 Sat

http://www.dance.net/topic/9170966/1/Dresses-Costumes/Unique-Dress-For-Sale-16-older.html&replies=0

please email me if interested. Thank you.

-Tracy
Replies:
Subject: Class is starting again and I'm in a panic!

Author:
NEED to get back!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:05:14 09/10/10 Fri

Out of shape and forgot a lot of my steps; I'm not sure where to start?! Am I the only one? I guess I'll find out in class, ugh!
Replies:
Subject: In case any of you also have dancing daughters: Shameless Plug

Author:
DM and MAID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:17:04 09/09/10 Thu

If you are looking for a BRAND NEW dress for your little dancer, please use this link:

http://www.dance.net/topic/9193751/1/Dresses-Costumes/BRAND-NEW-Celtic-Tennis-Style-for-Young-Dancer.html&replies=0

Thank you.
Subject: BEAUTIFUL DRESSES ON A NEW SITE CALLED DONE DEAL

Author:
dm (just came accross it)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:00 09/05/10 Sun

Subject: Dress for sale!! --- info. in link!

Author:
willing to negogiate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:02:26 09/03/10 Fri

http://www.dance.net/topic/8952322/1/Dresses-Costumes/Elegant-Sheila-Hayes-Dress-For-Sale.html&replies=0
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.