VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

The Adult Irish Dancer Message Board
The place for all adult Irish dancers to discuss all things Irish dance

Subject: Check out Irish Seams for all your dancing needs! https://squareup.com/store/irishseams

Author:
Happy Dancing!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:20:50 04/26/17 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Who's going to NANs?

Author:
Ellie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:11 03/29/17 Wed

Hey adults! Who's going to NAN's for mixed or ladies' 8-hands?

Subject: Bunion pain affecting big toe flexibility

Author:
Hurting in VA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:02 03/13/17 Mon

Hello! I'm an adult dancer who has recently developed a bunion on my left foot. The doctor says it's not that big, however it is having a very bad affect on my big toe flexibility and is limiting my toe height when I do soft shoe dances. I was thinking of maybe investing in some new soft shoes, if that might give it more support. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or have you had this issue in the past? What did you do?

Replies:
Subject: Sadly, it is time for the traveling Feis 'n Stuff vendor booth to retire.

Author:
Sonia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:16:18 02/15/17 Wed

I'm selling off my remaining stock in bulk at wholesale prices. If you are interested in purchasing stock, please message or email me. Most of my remaining stock is available for viewing at www.feisnstuff.com, although the available inventory is different from what is seen online. If you are a feis vendor, this is a great opportunity to pick up a nice variety of tee shirts, kickpants in assorted colors, jewelry, gifts, and Irish dance doll clothing at wholesale prices. Bulk sales only.

Subject: This lovely dress needs a new home. Immaculate condition. Worn once!

Author:
ID Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:32:59 02/15/17 Wed

Make me an offer. Would be perfect for prelim or new to open dancer. Measurments inside. Asking around £500 but will consider all offers.

http://www.dance.net/topic/10244529/1/Dresses-Costumes/Make-me-an-offer-Immaculate-dress-worn-once.html&replies=0

Subject: Two elegant adult dresses for sale - BARGAIN!

Author:
SJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:44:11 01/10/17 Tue

Hi there! I have two lovely velvet solo dresses for sale that would suit curvier adult dancers.

One dress is burgundy ($250) and the other is chocolate brown ($150). I'm open to offers. Both dresses will be available at O'Rourke, Big Apple and Mexico City feiseanna upon request.

https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/elegant-burgundy-stunner-perfect-for-adults-5427.html

https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/chocolate-brown-classic-ideal-for-curvy-dancer-5525.html

Thanks!
SJ

Replies:
Subject: GoldenÉire

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:38:09 02/08/17 Wed

GoldenÉire is a new a costume company founded by Kincaid Stringer, Riverdance and Muireann Ní Chiara ADCRG, BG. It is our goal to provide a US based, high quality costume alternative to North Americans as the majority of major dress makers are overseas.

Our head seamstress is a fashion school graduate and we have a production team with years of experience in Irish dancing as well as the fashion and costume design industry. We’re excited to offer a completely personalised service and look forward to working with dancers of all levels.

Check our Facebook page and Instagram account for some of our most recent dresses. We’re happy to take further questions @: shop@GoldenEire.com

www.GoldenEire.com

Instagram: @goldeneire

Subject: Solo dress - very motivated to sell

Author:
Allison
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:16:04 12/30/16 Fri

Solo dress listing - very motivated to sell.

I am now a TCRG (with a school with a growing adult program!) and downsizing. Sadly need to part with my dress.

I'm a slender, 5'6" 30-year old. Hopeful this dress will go to a good new owner, and would be delighted if it were to go to an adult dancer.

https://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/luminescent-white-green-turquoise-5457.html

Subject: There's still time to order at www.feisnstuff.com and receive FREE SHIPPING! Enter the code "MerryChristmas" (all one word) at checkout. All orders to US addresses ship for free. Just today and tomorrow! Check out our gifts, jewelry, medal banners, and Irish Dance clothing for American Girl dolls

Author:
Sonia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:17:30 12/15/16 Thu

Subject: Last day for guaranteed delivery by Christmas!

Author:
Sparkling Stepper
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:54 12/14/16 Wed

Today (12/14/16) is the last day to order gifts for your dancer with guaranteed Christmas delivery! Check out sparkling stepper.com/shop for the latest practice gear, including the new 2017 World Qualifier practice tee!

Subject: FeisBooks now available in 5 bright color options.

Author:
FeisBooks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:37:07 12/05/16 Mon

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FeisBooks

Subject: Just 24 hours left to take advantage of the Black Friday Sale at www.feisnstuff.com! There are still socks, medal banners, jewelry, and loads of gifts for your Irish Dancer (or to treat yourself!), so shop now!

Author:
Sonia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:50:54 12/01/16 Thu

Subject: Any adult Oireachtas results?

Author:
Anyone?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:34:02 11/27/16 Sun

Subject: New business launching! Feisbed.com. Accommodation database aimed at reducing the cost of staying overseas and interstate. Host families invited to sign up. Thank you. Visit feisbed.com

Author:
Visit www.feisbed.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:30:15 11/27/16 Sun

Subject: So, who's dancing at the Oireachtas this year? What region and competitions?

Author:
Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:52:28 11/02/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Improve turnout for Irish dance

Author:
Ellen @ Target Training
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:37 11/14/16 Mon

If you're interested in improving your turnout for Irish dance, Target Training (a strength & conditioning program for Irish dancers) is running a promotion right now that's perfect for you! If you subscribe to our mailing list, you will receive a FREE copy of our 10 Minute Turnout video

Subscribe here: www.targettrainingdance.com/contact

Or visit us online at www.targettrainingdance.com

Subject: For those of you in the market for a new dress, please consider this one. If not in the market, please excuse the intrusion

Author:
TIA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:02:19 10/19/16 Wed

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/brand-new-never-worn-modern-traditional-dress-wo-bling/

There is generous let-out room. Contact the seller for more information.

Subject: Kilt for men at the Feis

Author:
Andy (Joyful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:16:06 10/14/16 Fri

I am in support of using a kilt as dancer in adult competitions. It is traditional attire in Celtic cultures. I feel it is nice option for men's costuming in dancing at the adult level.

Subject: Don't miss the Step Down the Line Irish dance consignment sale in Lancaster, PA on Saturday, October 1st!

Author:
stepdowntheline
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:02 09/16/16 Fri

We will have all our usual gently used Irish dance shoes, wigs, costumes and more as well as a good selection of brand new shoes, wigs and other supplies. Plus, you can drop off all of your unneeded items to give them new homes and make some cash for yourself. Mark your calendars and keep an eye on www.stepdowntheline.com for more details.

Subject: An Invitation

Author:
WIDA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:27:38 09/07/16 Wed

Did you do Irish dancing as a child and miss it? Are you interested in getting involved again at some level?
WIDA would like to take this opportunity to invite you to consider becoming either a dancer or teacher with our organisation. If you look at our website at www.irish.dance and read the rules regarding competitions you will see that we cater to adult dancers as well as children. We have World Championships up to the age groups of under and over 40.
Many people leave the world of Irish dancing at 18 to go to college, have a career and family and then realise they miss the dancing but feel too old to attempt to become involved except maybe as a mother or father of a dancer.
WIDA offers all people in this position the opportunity to train to become qualified Irish dance teachers in manageable segments as we give you the option to do your exam in sections. If you look at www.irish.dance and see what is required for the teacher exams you will see that you can attempt both the TCRG and TMRF exams in parts. You can do as many or as few of the parts as you feel ready for at the time of the exam and we can help you learn what is required for each section as you prepare.
If you are not sure about the dancing section as are many people whom have been out of the dancing for a few years we would like to make it clear that your communication skills are more important than your ability to jump up and down like a 14 year old. Yes, we want to see that you know you stuff but we also want to see that you can actually teach as the ability to pass on both your knowledge and passion are equally important.
If you have any questions or are unsure about the process do not hesitate to contact us at www.irish.dance and we look forward to welcoming you to the WIDA family either as a dancer or teacher.

Subject: Socks?

Author:
Confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:55:32 08/21/16 Sun

Isn't it a CLRG that adults can only wear tights?

Replies:
Subject: Beautiful Gavin dress for sale

Author:
ID Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:30:23 10/04/15 Sun

Beautiful Gavin dress, worn at Worlds 2014 by U19 dancer. Dress is hot pink with royal blue accents on sleeves, hem and shawl. Worn once by 5'6" tall dancer. Selling due to dancer’s retirement.
Asking price £650 ono, shipping extra. Dress is located in the UK.

Replies:
Subject: Are there any competitions that offer adult non traditional set competitions on the east coast anymore? Would really like to dance my set again.

Author:
MAR adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:44:26 07/24/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: GRADE EXAMS AT NORTH JERSEY CHAMPIONSHIPS

Author:
James P Early ADCRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:27:14 07/11/16 Mon

Grade Exams 1-10 will be offered at the North Jersey Championships to be held at Rockland Community College on the weekend of October 1/2 2016. All information pertaining to what Grade Exams are, the 2016 syllabus for the Exams and an application form can be found on the McLoughlin School website at www dot mcloughlinschool dot com. If one is a candidate for Grade 11/12, please contact James Early as soon as possible as it is a separate application form.

Subject: The Irish Dance Festival 2016 will take place in Ireland from July 31st - August 7th. Join us for a week of Irish dance workshops, seminars, special guests & more exclusively for An Coimisún dancers! (Open status approved, no association rules!)

Author:
Shane McAvinchey & Paula Goulding - Festival Directors
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:40 05/26/16 Thu

Improve & perfect your dancing with a team of the best teachers in the world while having the experience of a lifetime! THE ultimate summer camp for Irish dancers of all ages, APPLY NOW and join other dancers from beginners to competitive dancers from all over the world.

The Irish Dance Festival, now on its third year, will commence on July 31 to August 7, 2016 and will be held at the beautiful & breathtaking coastal town of Carlingford, County Louth, Ireland.

Put the fun back into dancing while experiencing daily workshops, master classes, dancing drills, strengthening and conditioning, fun activities, and everything that Ireland has to offer in a week-long dance extravaganza. Book your tickets now and don't miss out on the ultimate Irish Dance experience! http://www.irishdancefestival.com/

Subject: An Irish dance record keeping book

Author:
FeisBooks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:01:57 05/24/16 Tue

With feis season upon us, consider getting yourself a personalized FeisBook. This handy little booklet will help them keep track of all their placements, apparel and other info. Custom covers with school logo are also available.
FeisBooks

Subject: Riverdance: Have we lost what captivated us so?

Author:
Nora Stewart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:08:14 05/21/16 Sat

Read the latest Irish Bliss blog article http://wp.me/p4a9fi-rJ

Subject: Pat King and Brian Grant on iTunes

Author:
Pat King
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:40:08 05/12/16 Thu

Pat King and Bran Grant recordings have now been uploaded to iTunes, Amazon and all online stores.
Irish Dance Music, The Sandymount Set, Three Score and Ten are already up and running.
Waiting for Jig Set Dances 1, 2 &3 to go live.
These releases have all Jig Set Dances at speeds: 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73.
Disc 3 also has the 7 Traditional Set Dances.
Hornpipe Set Dances at Speed: 76 are also available.
All other Hornpipe Set Dance speeds will be uploaded shortly as well as new recordings.

Subject: Happy St. Patricks week!

Author:
Feis Buddies
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:56 03/18/16 Fri

Have you seen our new Irish Dancer, Feis Mom and Feis Dad cups? They are a great gift! We also carry customized and TCRG/ADCRG cups too!

These are great cups for all of your beverages during feis season.

Keep celebrating St. Patricks Day and use the coupon code 'stpatricksday16' to get 17% off your order for the next 24 hours

https://www.etsy.com/shop/feisbuddies

Subject: Congratulations to all the dancers who took part in the City of Dublins feis yesterday :) Great to see so many dancers from Europe at the feis

Author:
great day had by all
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:19:50 03/14/16 Mon

Subject: A nice little holiday gift for Irish dancers - FeisBooks

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:42 12/10/15 Thu

Available at www.etsy.com/shop/FeisBooks

Subject: MARO

Author:
Wonder why?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:12 11/28/15 Sat

Just heard that adult ceili numbers are down this year, compared to past years. That's a shame.

Replies:
Subject: I hate to bring this up this year, but I have to say something.

Author:
MARO dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:10 12/01/15 Tue

Every year, there are rumors that non-adult dancers are competing in the adult categories at oireachtas. Usually, it's determined that the dancer(s) in question has been retired for 5+ years and is just returning to the sport she/he loves. Innocent mistake.

But this year, I'm really unhappy. There was one CONFIRMED dancer who competed at the Mid-Atlantic oireachtas on an ADULT 8-hand, ANNNNND she competed in the ladies 20 & Over solo competition on Friday -- meaning she is definitely not an "adult" dancer as defined by CLRG.

I personally LOVE the idea that dancers are coming out of retirement to compete. That's inspirational. These dancers are brave. But what ramifications are there for the cheaters?

Replies:
Subject: BUY REAL EURO/DOLLAR NOTES,PASSPORTS,ID CARDS,DL,VISAS:www.uniquedocproducers.com

Author:
curty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:13:56 11/19/15 Thu

https://passportproducersonline.wordpress.com/2015/11/14/buy-real-eurodollar-notespassportsid-cardsdlvisaswww-uniquedocproducers-com/

Subject: Adult dresses for Feis

Author:
Anne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:51 09/17/15 Thu

I'm a new, adult Irish dancer and am competing in my first Feis in November. I'm having a lot of trouble finding a dress to wear though. Obviously I won't be wearing an over the top, sparkly solo dress, but that seems to be the only thing I can find online when searching for "adult Irish dance dresses".
Any suggestions of websites etc? Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Save the Date! NEW Feis next year! Lancaster, PA

Author:
Great adult comps!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:00:11 09/11/15 Fri

Hi all!
The Hooley School of Irish Dance will be hosting their first feis in 2016, September 10th in Lancaster, PA. The Red Rose Feis!

We have a wonderful group of adult dancers and we are hoping to offer great adult competitions, including an Adult Championship competition, where adults from all levels can compete for a championship cup!

Our application has been accepted and we are on the NAFC schedule for 2016! Hope to see many of you there, put us on your calendar for next year!

http://hooleyirishdance.weebly.com/hooley-feis.html

Replies:
Subject: new to Irish dancing

Author:
Carl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:48:43 08/19/15 Wed

Hi everyone,
Im just starting out at irish dancing, and im not sure wich shoes to buy first. I`m thinking of buying my trainers first and then my sof shoes and lastly my hard shoes.
The problem i have is that im not sure wich brand will suite me best as i beginner dancer. I`m a 40 year old male.

At the moment i`m learning the beginners reel and I LOVE EVERY MOMENT OF PRACTISE !

IRISH DANCING RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: GRADE EXAMS

Author:
James P Early
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:15 08/27/15 Thu

Grade Exams 1-11 will be conducted the weekend of the North Jersey Championships the first weekend of October. Exam slots are filling pretty quickly. If your dancer wishes to participate in these exams, please go to: Mcloughlinschool.com, go to Grade Exams 2015. You will need to download an application form which will need to be filled out, signed by your TCRG and then mailed back with the proper fees enclosed. The syllabus of what each exam candidate must be prepared to dance is also on the website with a brief explanation of the purpose of these exams. Good Luck to all candidates!!

Subject: Free choice of legwear for all irish dancers!

Author:
Eva
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:19:09 07/19/15 Sun

Dancers around the world, we Need your help!

CLRG has come up with this rule in their last Meeting in March!
The official rule as handed down from CLRG is as stated: "Female adult dancers participating in competitions entitled 'adult competition' and/or 'adult grade competition' (both solo and team) are required to wear tights of a denier not less than 70."

Back in 2008 the silly tight rule was put down with the help of 690 signatures, now they came up with it again. We've now currently reached 722 signatures to this day with your help - we appreciate every single signatue, thank you so much for your support!!! Let's try to break the 1000 line until the next RTME meeting in November and present the petition together with an accompanying letter. Let's not give up!!! Spread the word and discuss the matter with your fellow dancers - in the end the rule would affect every CLRG dancer all over the world!!!

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND HELP US "OLD" DANCERS!!!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/free-choice-of-legwear-for-all-irish-dancers/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=button

You can always visit us at our Facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Free-Choice-of-Legwear-for-all-Irish-Dancers/846360702116174?fref=ts

Thank you for your help, let´s stick together!

Replies:
Subject: Adult solo dress for sale

Author:
Laura
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:01:23 08/01/15 Sat

Due to medical issues, I had to stop dancing shortly after this dress was made for me. It might be of interest to some other adult dancer? I loved it the very few times I got to wear it! It's currently available on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181818462069?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Subject: Feis at the Falls - Anyone attending?

Author:
BfloDancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:37:53 07/16/15 Thu

Subject: Catskill feis adult championship

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:12 06/13/15 Sat

Hi all - I see the Catskill feis has an adult championship. Wonder how many adults enter this? Don't want to be the only one if I do.

Replies:

Author:
James P Early
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:43 07/12/15 Sun

Registration for Grade Exams 1-12 are now open. Please go to the school website: www.mcloughlinschool.com for explanation of Grade Exams and information. There is an application form for these exams to download. Please fill out completely and mail in form with the proper fees. As these fill up fairly quickly, please register asap. Applicants will be notified by email of the schedule a week before. Thank you for your interest.

Subject: Anyone know anything about adult ceili at nationals? Who's dancing? How many teams? My dream to go one day...

Author:
when do they dance?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:00 07/04/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Albany Feis Entries

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:55 05/28/15 Thu

Don't forget to enter the feis to join us in Albany for the Dongan Feis on July 18th!

Entries open at http://www.feisweb.com

Information can be found on our website http://www.donganfeis.org as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages.

Be sure to pay your entry - they will be deleted after two weeks of non-payment.

Replies:
Subject: Attending Camp Rince Ceol's adult session? Join our private FB group just for attendees. Link inside :)

Author:
SJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:37:53 06/18/15 Thu

https://www.facebook.com/groups/424593867741920/

Subject: Nation's Capital Feis

Author:
long time adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:50:30 04/15/15 Wed

The Nation's Capital Feis syllabus is up on Feisworx. Lots of adult events (8 solos plus other stuff) as usual. The feis website says "syllabus to come," at least as of yesterday, but the syllabus is on Feisworx.

There's a note on the entry form that single adult entrants will have the $20 family fee refunded when they pick up their numbers. I'm not sure how they're working that but I'm glad to see it. Those of us who enter and attend by ourselves won't be penalized or felt like we're carrying the load for those who attend with large groups.

Replies:
Subject: The "long" version of The Blackbird at 144 bpm is now on my site markarringtonmusic.com for 99 cents. It's 2 1/2 times though after the intro, so for dancers that' step/step/set/set/step/step/set/set/step/step.

Author:
Mark Arrington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:50 06/08/15 Mon

Subject: Gorgeous gavin dress for sale

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:02:26 05/18/15 Mon

http://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/gorgeous-championship-gavin-doherty-priced-to-sell-2344.html

Subject: ADULT IRISH DANCERS GO TO CAMP RINCE CEOL 2015

Author:
Julia (Bannister)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:07 05/11/15 Mon

ADULT IRISH DANCRS –
LET’S GET TOGETHER AT…
CAMP RINCE CEOL (NYC)
JULY 5-10, 2015
http://www.irishdancecamp.com/adult.html

Visit the facebook page "Adult Irish Dancers to Camp Rince Ceol 2015"

Camp Rince CEOL now welcomes Adult Irish dancers from around the world for a week of hard work for individual dance improvement, enhancement of physical abilities and to increase social opportunities, through ceili, music and other optional Irish cultural activities and events. The Camp has put together a full week of all that the kids’ camp has and more….our voices have been heard…Dance Camp isn’t just for kids, anymore
I’m coming from Atlantic Canada and can’t wait to meet you. Where will you be coming from? Let’s create a global adult Irish Dance movement….at Camp Rince Ceol 2015!!

Camp Director, Sheila Ryan, TCRG, Irish Dance Camp
www.irishdancecamp.com
132 Muscadine Road
Sunset, LA 70584
Office Hours: Mon-Wed 10:00am-2:00pm (CT)
(337) 662-5463
Fax: (337) 662-7270

Subject: New Music

Author:
Stephen Walker & Louise Ryan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:03:04 05/06/15 Wed

Hi all,

If you’re looking for new music check out our website irishdancemusic.ie
Downloads available from 99c including all the Set dances, Ceili Tunes and our brand new album, ‘Irish Dance Music – Volume 1’ released today!!!

Replies:
Subject: Great adult numbers for St. Ambrose Spring Feis!

Author:
SoCal Adult
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:59:30 05/03/15 Sun

So thrilled to see such strong numbers in all adult comps for next weekend's St. Ambrose Spring Feis in Pomona, CA. At least 12 in all PW dances (good numbers in beg. and novice too)and 19 in the adult reel special! Looking forward to it!

Subject: No Adults at the Rockland Feis this year????

Author:
Surprised
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:41:12 05/01/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Hullachan soft shoes for sale-like new

Author:
seller
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:11 03/29/15 Sun

two pairs of size 5 wide hullachan pro soft shoes for sale. Both pairs were only worn for competition and not for class and are in great shape. Asking $40 each pair plus shipping from Chicago. ALso have two like new Tori wigs-asking $40 plus shipping. For photos and questions email (omit spaces and use @) lchimiris at sbcglobal.net

Replies:
Subject: Feis Buddies for sale! These are great little companions for feis's and great good luck charms! Come and like our facebook page!

Author:
Feis Buddies
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:16:17 04/22/15 Wed

https://www.facebook.com/FeisBuddies

Subject: Win an Ursula Celano Irish Dance Tote

Author:
Celtic Shoes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:35:12 04/21/15 Tue

I'm giving away a shopper tote bag by Dublin, Ireland, designer Ursula Celano. The design is perfect for the Irish Dance enthusiast and just in time for Mother's Day!

I will have this bag along with aprons, notebooks and pencil bags at the South Florida feis this weekend.

You can enter the contest here http://a.pgtb.me/8h7ZLv

Subject: Adult Irish Dance Summer Camp

Author:
Camp Office
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:17:41 03/30/15 Mon

It’s Here! Adult Irish Dance Camp
Now you can enjoy and benefit from a week of dance camp with Instructors from Riverdance and LOTD!
July 5th – 10th at Union College, Schenectady NY.
Our hope is that with this camp, the Adult dance community feels included and able to participate in all the opportunities that the younger dancers have! Over the years so many Adult dancers have said to us, “Oh… I wish there had been a camp like this when I was younger.” Well, now there is!!
Male and female dancers aged 20 and up are eligible to attend. We accept Beginner through Championship level dancers; competitive or non-competitive. Approval from a TCRG registered with CLRG is required.
For more info go to our website www.irishdancecamp.com or email office@irishdancecamp.com
Registration is now OPEN!

Replies:
Subject: Feis Record Books

Author:
website is below
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:31:55 03/29/15 Sun

I've been selling these booklets in my region for over 10 years, but recently launched an Etsy shop in increase circulation.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FeisBooks

Thanks for looking!

Replies:
Subject: Ronan McCormack here. Imagine being credited as a sponsor or producer of a stage production at the Edinburgh Festival - the world's biggest and most prestigious arts festival!

Author:
The Bad Arm - Confessions of a Dodgy Irish Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:30:42 03/24/15 Tue

Maire Clerkin's show "The Bad Arm - Confessions of a Dodgy Irish Dancer" offers these rewards and more if you contribute to her Kickstarter fund before Wednesday, March 25th at 5.00 p.m. Copy and paste this link in your browser to check out the show and how to contribute:

kck.st/1EKw11J

The show has already played to rave reviews in New York, Chicago & LA and I had the privilege of presenting it in Dublin in 2011. It offers a hilarious yet poignant insight into the world of Irish dance in a way no other Irish dance show has. Let's give a final push and send “The Bad Arm” to Edinburgh!

Subject: The Complete Irish Dance Music Collection!

Author:
www.seanobrienfeismusician.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:35:23 03/21/15 Sat

THE COMPLETE IRISH DANCE MUSIC COLLECTION

Brought to you by one of the world's leading Irish Dance musicians – Sean O'Brien

Available on ITUNES now!!!

FEIS MUSIC 1: ADVANCED for Championship level dancers

FEIS MUSIC 2: STEPPING UP for dancers of all grades and levels

SET DANCES FOR IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-14 contains all of the current Traditional and Own Choice set dances, as laid out by CLRG

CEILI MUSIC FOR IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-3 contains all of the ceili dances in the book

Sean is playing at this year's World Irish Dance Championships in Montreal, so get your music now in time for the event!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/sean-obrien/id5449967

Subject: A beautiful Doire dance dress for sale to fit 10-11yrs

Author:
Colette
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:54:31 03/17/15 Tue

http://www.donedeal.ie/costumes-for-sale/irish-dancing-costume/8357382?offset=9

if interested i can take dress to Worlds in Montreal

Subject: So does anyone know how many teams are signed up for the MidAtlantic Oireachtas? We had such a good turn out last year!

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:56:44 10/29/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Out of area, thinking of doing the big apple feis. What are the numbers like? Also, that set dance for adults, is that done to TJ/HP music, or do they mean you should have a specific set dance, i.e. Downfall of Paris

Author:
AD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:32 02/18/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: If you are looking for a new, natural, gluten free makeup brand to use for dancing, try out Younique! I am a Younique presenter, and the products are amazing - especially the 3D Mascara! Head to http://www.youniqueproducts.com/LauraDownie/ to check out these products, or email me with any questions!

Author:
Laura :)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:26:09 01/11/15 Sun

Subject: Adult Irish Dancing Dress with Bun Wig for Sale

Author:
Siobhan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:22:59 01/08/15 Thu

I am selling my Irish dancing dress as I am no longer able to dance due to an injury.

It would suit an Adult solo dancer looking to get back into Competitions.

If anyone is interested it is available on
http://www.feisdresses.com/?post_type=ad_listing&p=56311

Replies:
Subject: CEILI MUSIC for IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-3 by Sean O'Brien - AVAILABLE NOW on ITUNES!!!

Author:
Sean O'Brien - Irish Dance Music
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:11:41 12/17/14 Wed

Finally, it's here...

CEILI MUSIC for IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-3 by Sean O'Brien

Now available on ITUNES!!!

This comprehensive collection contains EVERY CEILI DANCE IN THE BOOK!

VOLUME 1 contains:

Reels 112-116
Reels 113 (Long) – Full 'High Cauled Cap' as per the book!
Jigs 112-116
Jigs 113 (Long) – Full 'Eight Hand Jig' as per the book!

VOLUME 2 contains:

Trip to the Cottage 112-116 – Full length as per the book!
St Patrick's Day 112-116 - Full length as per the book!
Lannigan's Ball 112-116

VOLUME 3 contains:

The Sweets of May 113, 116, 119 – Full length as per the book!
The Three Tunes 113, 116, 119 - Full length as per the book!
The Gates of Derry 113, 116, 119
The Humours of Bandon – Full length as per the book!
The Siege of Carrick & Haste to the Wedding
The Rakes of Mallow
The Bridge of Athlone

Here are the Itunes store links for each Volume:

VOLUME 1 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951991242
VOLUME 2 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951988968
VOLUME 3 - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/ceili-music-for-irish-dancing/id951990840

Enjoy... and Merry Christmas ;)

Subject: Congratulations to the Culkin Adults for a great showing at the SRO

Author:
ONJ adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:40:54 12/08/14 Mon

I read on Facebook that the Culkin Adults did a great job this weekend at the SRO. Congratulations to some great teams and great people! I'm sure the other adult teams also did a wonderful job.

Replies:
Subject: New prices on Irish dance CDs

Author:
Tina Jordan Rees
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:10:21 12/07/14 Sun

New prices now available on Irish dance CDs from www.tinajordanrees.com/shop/

Féistastic = £10
Féistastic 2 = £10

Buy Féistastic & Féistastic 2 together = £15

Thanks a million and Merry Christmas everyone!
Tina

Subject: Who won?????

Author:
Ad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:14 11/30/14 Sun

Why are there no results of any adults at MAROs? I checked Twitter, MARO14 and feis tweets.com

Replies:
Subject: Affordable solo dress for sale. Adult size.

Author:
Suzanne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:13 09/29/14 Mon

Hello,
I am selling a solo dress for an affordable price that might be of interest to adult dancers. It is listed on feisdresses.com (http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/two-piece-dress-for-older-dancer/

It is a two piece dress and could be "toned down" if that was desired by having a new skirt made. It is a two piece dress, so this would not be terribly difficult. A local dressmaker said she could make a new skirt for around $200.

Check it out if you are thinking of a solo dress and don't want to mortgage the house to pay for it!!

Full details and measurements and pictures are on the feisdresses ad! I also have more pictures and info. You can contact me via the ad!

Thanks and Happy Dancing!

Replies:
Subject: Anybody going to Nationals, 2015 in Providence?

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:15:47 11/27/14 Thu

Subject: Is anyone doing the adult Traditional Set special at their Oireachtas. WRO is having it this year. What sets are everyone doing?

Author:
denver dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:19:02 09/18/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: For Mid-Atlantic O, adult trad sets at 3:30 Sunday in one hall, but adult ceilis at 4 Sunday in the other hall? What's up with that? (more inside)

Author:
Confused MARO adult
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:25:04 10/26/14 Sun

Did anyone else see that the Mid-Atlantic adult trad sets are happening RIGHT BEFORE adult ceilis? There's no way the adults will even be finished with trad sets by the time they're expected to be dancing ceilis.

Here's the schedule:
http://static.ow.ly/docs/journalschedule14_2E5Y.pdf

When the issue what brought up on MARO Facebook page, this is how MARO responded:

"The committee is aware of the conflict, there are always scheduling difficulties between teams and solo competitions. You need to make your teacher aware of the situation so they can help with the situation on the day. All teachers know how to handle scheduling conflicts like these."

Replies:
Subject: ♫♫ Back to school, and time for a new set dance! Mine are available on iTunes for 99 cents and all other sites. ♫♫

Author:
Mark Arrington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:18 09/02/14 Tue

When you order a different speed from my site markarringtonmusic.com for $3, I send you three speeds. Some are simply arranged with just guitar and fiddle, others are arranged like a band with fiddle, mandolin, guitar, bodhran, and whistle. My other music is also available on iTunes; Champtrax (championship length tunes once, twice, and three times through), Feis Favorites (some of the most commonly heard feis tunes), Traditional Set Dances, and WIDA. Happy Dancing!

Subject: Looking for recommendations for a dressmaker who is willing to make a dress for a plus sized adult dancer with a small budget living in Ireland

Author:
S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:20 08/22/14 Fri

Dress needed for mid-October ;)

Replies:
Subject: Dean Crouch Music

Author:
www.DeanCrouchMusic.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:37:26 08/18/14 Mon

****DEAN CROUCH WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK AT UPCOMING COMPETITIONS ****

Thank you all for your continued support on the website.

Remember to visit DeanCrouch.co.uk for all your music needs:

♫ Set Dances
♫ Ceili Music
♫ Sheet Music
♫ Grade Speeds
♫ Going for Gold / Dean / TopBox / The Best That I Can Be
♫ TCRG/ADCRG Exam Preparation Help
♫ Personalised Music Requests

All available for download or mail order.

Dean Crouch Music

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Subject: Beautiful, classy Siopa Rince dress for sale - made by Phoebe for one of her own dancers. Dress is in excellent condition and is decorated with genuine Swarovski crystals.

Author:
http://www.dance-again.com/X1704.html
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:40:22 08/06/14 Wed

Subject: GAVIN DOHERTY DRESSES FOR SALE

Author:
Dc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:55:14 08/04/14 Mon

I have two Gavin Doherty dresses for sale prices reduced for quick sale. One is red,black and gold and the other is pink and white the links are:

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/gavin-doherty-dress-for-sale-6/
and
http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/gavin-doherty-dress-for-sale-3/

Please email for more pics.

Subject: Grade Exams

Author:
James P Early
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:11 07/24/14 Thu

The Early-McLoughlin School of Irish Dancing will be sponsoring the North Jersey Championships to be held on Sunday October 5 2014 at Rockland Community College. Entries are now open on Feisweb.

Additionally, Grade Exams will be offered in conjunction with the feis that weekend. Applications, rules and Syllabus for the exams are available at the school website at www.mcloughlinschool.com. Grades1-10 will be offered. If there is a candidate for Grades 11/12, please contact James Early via the school website.

Historically, the feis / grade exams fill up quickly so don't put off till the last minute.

Subject: Good luck at Nation's Cap (more inside)

Author:
Jody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:33:55 07/21/14 Mon

I'll be in Wyoming this weekend so I won't be able to volunteer or cheer everybody on. Still, I wanted to wish everybody good luck -- and, more importantly, have fun!

Subject: Adult teams?

Author:
Kthxbai
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:08 07/01/14 Tue

Has anyone heard anything about adult ceili teams at nationals? Do we know if/who is going? Is anyone there that could give us some info?

Replies:
Subject: Dongan Feis

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:24:30 07/14/14 Mon

Last chance to enter feis - entries close after tonight! Also, unpaid entries will be deleted on Wednesday morning!

There will be an unmonitored area for dresses.

We will have a new location for food - plenty of signage will be posted to help you (it's not far, just different).

50% awards for prelims and opens. Sashes and round medals to top three. (Yes, top three for round medals).

Subject: World Champions Ellie Maguire & Anthony Sharkey announced as part of the teaching team at The Irish Dance Festival 2014 taking place this summer in Carlingford, Ireland! CLRG Open status approved, no association rules - please check out our website for more info or get in touch with any questions!

Author:
Shane McAvinchey, IDF (www.irishdancefestival.com)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:07:20 04/08/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Dongan Feis Update

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:58 07/07/14 Mon

Last week for entries! We'll accept entries until 7/14 or when we reach 900 entries, whichever comes first. The 900 is quickly approaching though!

Also, please be sure to pay for your entry - unpaid entries are deleted after two weeks of non-payment!

Subject: Looking for a teacher

Author:
Lily
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:38 07/03/14 Thu

I am looking for my teacher of the 60s, 70s, 80s.... Mary Bastis ADCRG. She got married and moved to Connecticut. Her name is Mary Bastis Robinson. Does anyone know of her where abouts. Any info would be so appreciated

Subject: DRESS FOR SALE , APPROX SIZE UK 12, BUST 36

Author:
BEE (reeves)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:59:42 06/22/14 Sun

copy and paste the link to the dress pls

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152146529127052&set=pcb.817644974918984&type=1&theater

Subject: Dongan Feis

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:22 06/20/14 Fri

Four weeks until the 26th Gov. Thomas Dongan Feis, and two weeks until the late fee kicks in! The feis will be held July 19th at the Empire State Plaza in Albany. We’re quickly approaching our cap!
Entries will be accepted through Feisweb (http://feisweb.com). Information can be found on our website (http://donganfeis.org) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/dongan)

Subject: American Pride Feis - Gaylord Opryland Resort - September 13, 2014

Author:
Americanpridefeis.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:34:43 06/18/14 Wed

The Second Annual American Pride Feis will be held September 13, 2014 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center located in Nashville, Tennessee, Music City USA. We extend a warm welcome to everyone.

The American Pride Feis will open July 20, 2014 on Feisworx.

I hope a lot of adult dancers will sign up.

Americanpridefeis.com is our website.

Author:
James P Early
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:31:48 06/15/14 Sun

Grade Exams for Grades Preliminary through Grade 10 will be held in conjunction with the North Jersey Championships Feis sponsored by the McLoughlin School of Irish Dancing on October 4/5 2014. As in previous years, the venue will be Rockland Community College in Suffern , New York.

The syllabus for the Feis, the Grade Exams and the registration for the Feis and Grade Exams will be posted on the School website very shortly. If there is anyone eligible and plans on taking Grade 11 or 12 need to notify me asap. The exams will be held on Saturday mid afternoon through the early evening and on Sunday.

Subject: ANybody doing the adult championship at the Catskill feis in August? Don't want to be the only one.

Author:
Adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:41:10 06/11/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Dongan Feis Upate!

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:01:52 06/08/14 Sun

Six weeks until the 26th Gov. Thomas Dongan Feis! It will be held July 19th at the Empire State Plaza in Albany. We’re halfway to our cap!
Entries will be accepted through Feisweb (http://feisweb.com). Information can be found on our website (http://donganfeis.org) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/donganfeis).

Subject: Over 18 in all grade levels at the Albany feis. Hope to see some older dancers there

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:07:47 05/14/14 Wed

Subject: New product in my store please visit :-)

Author:
http://thevelvetcastle.wix.com/the-velvet-castle#!accessories/cjkj
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:35 05/11/14 Sun

Subject: Patricia Murphy Feis UPDATE

Author:
Joan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:04:56 05/07/14 Wed

Attention Adult Dancers!!! We are once again offering Adult Competitions in our Feis which will be held on Saturday, June 14, in Bricktown, New Jersey. Our closing date is May 16 but we do still have room. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at murphyfeismom.com

Replies:
Subject: Adult classes

Author:
Lily
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:34:12 05/03/14 Sat

Does anyone know a school that teaches adults in the NYC 5 boroughs area? I am not a beginner. I am dancing since I was 3. I am now 57 . I need a school that takes adults seriously

Replies:
Subject: Dongan Feis Now Open For Entries

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:48:21 05/02/14 Fri

We are pleased to invite you to join us for the 26th Gov. Thomas Dongan Feis! It will be held July 19th at the Empire State Plaza in Albany.
Entries will be accepted through Feisweb (http://feisweb.com). Information can be found on our website (http://donganfeis.org) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/donganfeis).

Subject: Sean O'Brien - Irish Dance Music!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:08:32 04/24/14 Thu

SET DANCES FOR IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-14

AVAILABLE NOW ON ITUNES!!!

The complete collection of Own Choice and Traditional Set Dances as laid out by An Coimisiun, recorded by one of the world's leading exponents of Irish Dance music –
Sean O'Brien.

You can also find Sean's latest series of albums on ITUNES:

FEIS MUSIC 1: ADVANCED
&
FEIS MUSIC 2 : STEPPING UP

Follow this link and enjoy the complete Irish Dance Music collection!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/sean-obrien/id5449967

You can also keep up to date with Sean's latest news by following him on:

FACEBOOK: Sean O'Brien Irish Dance Music - https://www.facebook.com/SeanOBrienIrishDanceMusic

SOUNDCLOUD: Irish Dance Music - https://soundcloud.com/sean_obrien

IRISH DANCE MUSIC AT ITS BEST!

Subject: EIRE DESIGN SOLO COSTUME RAFFLE

Author:
Karen Early Conway
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:10:13 04/23/14 Wed

LAST CHANCE - WINNING RAFFLE TICKET TO BE DRAWN 1st week of JUNE - Custom Solo Costume Rafffle (Eire Design by Gavin)
For anyone going to either the Syracuse Feis or the Four Provinces Feis this weekend, if you would like costume raffle tickets, you can get them from me where I will be playing on one of the stages or Patsy McLoughlin, one of the judges.

Solo Dancing Costume Raffle - Hosted by the McLoughlin School of Irish Dancing $20 per Ticket - only 300 tickets will be sold
You can also send a message on our facebook page:
www.facebook.com/mcloughlinschool. This raffle is open to all dancing schools in USA so please contact me for info if you'd like to purchase tickets and we can mail to you. Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Buffalo Feis now offering adult competitions!

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:44:10 04/11/14 Fri

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to spread some good news: The Buffalo Feis is now offering adult competitions -- 2 levels!

We (my Clann Na Cara classmates and I) really pushed to have these competitions offered at the feis, so this is our one chance to prove that adults are interested in competing. If we get a low adult dancer turnout, the feis organizers will likely eliminate the adult comps next year.

Anyway, I would love to see many of you June 7! If you need suggestions on where to stay/eat/visit, please let me know. I'm a major Buffalo Buff. There's so much to do and enjoy in this area. Buffalo is on the move :)

Replies:
Subject: Wigs & Jigs second episode is about adult Irish dancers! Link inside

Author:
What an inspiration!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:54:50 03/15/14 Sat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-QG2GPovI&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

Replies:
Subject: I had a great time at Big Apple Feis today. Good, supportive group of adults and a very sweet stage manager.

Author:
mp
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:57:14 03/30/14 Sun

Also, extra applause for Andrew, who did his first feis after only 7 weeks of classes. That is very brave!

Replies:
Subject: ISO dance school in Kansas or Oklahoma

Author:
Stephanie Skaff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:26 03/30/14 Sun

Hello-

I'm an adult prizewinner getting ready to move to Wichita this summer. I don't see any TCRGs in Wichita, so it looks like I get to road trip to either Kansas City or Oklahoma City for dance class. Can anyone fill me in on any of the schools there, especially about who'd be supportive of dropping down?

Thanks!

-Stephanie

Subject: Has anyone heard when CCE will be open for registration?

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:47:15 03/27/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: For the Sheahan Gormley feis, can anyone tell me when the adults usually dance? Thanks.

Author:
MAR dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:21:35 03/27/14 Thu

Subject: Win a brand new Elevation Design Dress!!!

Author:
Carson Kennedy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:57:13 03/27/14 Thu

Be in with a chance to win a brand new elevation costume in the Northern Irish Championships 2014 Raffle. Open to all organisations and dancers worldwide!! Last years winner was from the Teelin School, USA. It could be you this year!

follow the link below;

http://carson-kennedy.wix.com/northernirishchamps#!edf/c1h6a

Good luck everyone!

Subject: PRICE REDUCED to $1000! Blue Emerald Key Dress For Sale!

Author:
Cameron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:42:34 03/12/14 Wed

Unique championship Emerald Key dress for sale! Worn by Senior Ladies dancer. Sequin bodice with white embroidery at neck and jeweled collar. Sheer blue chiffon sleeves with long embroidered cuffs. Layered chiffon skirt adds feminine movement to the dress. Embellished with large teardrop and spotlight clear Swarovski crystals. This dress is a bold color that gives great stage presence. Shawl attached. Skirt lining is white and would need white kick pants. Excellent condition!

PRICE REDUCED TO $1,000 OBO. Buyer pays shipping. Contact cameronallard24@gmail.com if interested. Here is link to pictures:

http://www.dance.net/topic/10175902/1/Dresses-Costumes/PRICE-REDUCED-to-1000-Gorgeous-Emerald-Key-Dress.html&replies=0

MEASUREMENTS: (with dress on dancer)
Bust: 36”
Waist: 31”
Sleeve: 24”
Cuff length: 6”
Length: 34”

Replies:
Subject: Thinking of going to the All-Irelands for the first time this fall. Does anyone know when the syllabus will be out?

Author:
Super Excited
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:35 03/11/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Check out these hard shoes! Some lucky person who wears an Irish size 5M has a great opportunity to get like-new shoes at a VERY reasonable price

Author:
use email link in the add
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:16 03/10/14 Mon

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/like-new-ryan-odonnell-hardshoes-adult-size-5-med-irish/

Subject: Which adult teams are competing at the North American Irish Dance Championships in Montreal?

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:41:04 03/08/14 Sat

We're just a few months away! Who can we look forward to seeing at the North American Irish Dance Championships over 4th of July weekend?

Clann Na Cara is planning on it!

Subject: New Teen Irish Dance Book - NO ONE'S WATCHING

Author:
Sandy Green (Author)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:18:10 03/03/14 Mon

The romance of Swan Lake collides with the raw energy of Riverdance when ballet dancer Kitri falls hard for all things Irish. Especially crush-turned-partner Blake. Will she tie a Celtic knot to her new passion and hang on? If you’re not following your dreams, whose dreams are you following?

Available in print and as an ebook!

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/No-Ones-Watching-Sandy-Green-ebook/dp/B00IMUAS8E/

AMAZON UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Ones-Watching-Sandy-Green-ebook/dp/B00IMUAS8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393389403&sr=8-1&keywords=no+one%27s+watching+sandy+green

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/no-oness-watching-sandy-green/1118735680?ean=294014819600

Subject: Elegant Black & White Taylor Dress

Author:
ID Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:56 01/20/14 Mon

Made by Geraldine Taylor, Belfast and worn by U19 dancer. Bust 33.5, waist 27 and length 32.5/33". Excellent condition. Worn only a handful of times. Asking £650ono + postage.

http://www.dance.net/topic/10166375/1/Dresses-Costumes/Elegant-Black-White-Taylor-Dress.html&replies=0

Replies:
Subject: Calling all adult dancers!

Author:
Old-timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:40:17 01/27/14 Mon

There's still time today to enter Feis San Francisco with a late fee. Please support a fun feis in an amazing city that has been steadfastly supportive of adults. Three competition levels and a trad hornpipe special, too.

Replies:
Subject: irish dance classes for adults in mayo

Author:
sinead
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:23:30 01/15/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Anyone going to the O'Rouke feis? I heard it's a good one for adults. I want to plan for next year.

Author:
Any other good ones in the northeast?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:09 01/15/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: ♫ ♫ Time for a new set dance? Try mine! ♫ ♫

Author:
Mark Arrington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:54:33 01/07/14 Tue

Fiddle, mandolin, guitar, whistle, and bodhran - some large arrangements, some just fiddle and guitar. Also, look for Champtrax: championship-length tunes once, twice, and tree times through; and Feis Favorites: long tracks of some of the most commonly played tunes at a feis - great for young musicians building their standards repertoire!
Looking forward to a great feis season in 2014!

Subject: McGrath Feis in VA has adult categories (more inside)

Author:
Jody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:11:14 12/30/13 Mon

The McGrath Feis (March 30) is a new one in Northern VA and has 6 adult categories, at 3 levels. I'm happy about that even thought I can't be there. What I don't like is the $22 family fee.

Replies:
Subject: Sean O'Brien - FEIS MUSIC 2: STEPPING UP

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:36 12/29/13 Sun

Sean O'Brien's latest album FEIS MUSIC 2: STEPPING UP

AVAILABLE NOW ON ITUNES!!! (Follow the link below)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/feis-music-2-stepping-up/id717600881

SUITABLE FOR DANCERS OF ALL LEVELS!

Get your copy in time for the New Year!

Irish Dance Music at its best!

Subject: RIP, Peter Smith

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:05:55 12/28/13 Sat

Peter J. Smith, ADCRG, CLRG President Emeritus passed away peacefully this morning.

THANK YOU for starting an adult championship competition, back when many said it was "illegal". Thank you for your contributions to Irish dance.

Replies:
Subject: Rockin Road to Dublin

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:45 12/09/13 Mon

It's just over a month until showtime and we need your help! Check out our Kickstarter page, watch the video and share share share! Help us bring Rockin' Road to Dublin to another level of awesomeness!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2034342327/rockin-road-to-dublin-kickstarter-campaign

Subject: New England O results:

Author:
congrats, adults!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:10:52 12/09/13 Mon

Competition # 56
Adult Mixed 4 Hand
List of Placers
# Team Rank
102 O'Shea-Chaplin - A 1
104 Scoil Rince Naomh Attract 2
101 Rhode Island Ceildhe Club 3
103 Rhode Island Ceildhe Club 4

Competition # 55
Adult Ladies 4 Hand
List of Placers
# Team Rank
107 Fagan Ceili Academy - C 1
101 Harney - A 2
104 Fagan Ceili Academy - A 3
102 Fagan Ceili Academy - B 4

Competition # 54
Adult Mixed Ceili
List of Placers
# Team Rank
101 Rhode Island Ceildhe Club 1

Competition # 53
Adult Ladies Ceili
List of Placers
# Team Rank
101 Harney - A 1
102 Fagan Ceili Academy - A 2
106 Brady - A 3

Subject: I just looked through the adult ceili photos from the MARO

Author:
two thumbs up!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:43:57 12/05/13 Thu

http://shamrockphoto.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=9145817

and I LOVE the hair! So many teams have lovely up-dos and more than one school did the side bun. I love it and I love the large flower/ornament/hair decorations. And I also love the the colors in these team dresses. So different from years ago but so much nicer now; looking great, ladies!

Replies:
Subject: Adult MAR results

Author:
Adult who couldn't make it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:12 12/02/13 Mon

Is there any place that the adult results are posted. There is nothing on twitter, no Facebook and no pictures. I would like to see who won

Replies:
Subject: Where are the results for the adult comps this weekend?

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:09:31 12/02/13 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Do all regions offer 4-hand competitions at Oireachtas? I saw them mentioned below, but I had always heard that 8 people were needed to compete at Oireachtas. Don't know if that is a school rule or regional.

Author:
From Mid-America region
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:56 11/30/13 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Very exciting to see the trad set adult numbers in the MAR. Anybody know if there's any plans afoot to have adult trad set in the NEO?

Author:
New England dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:54 11/29/13 Fri

Replies:
Subject: MAR numbers

Author:
Dongan Feis secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:50:03 11/28/13 Thu

64 traditional sets
9 Ladies 8s
2 Mixed 8s
20 Ladies 4s
2 mixed 4s

Replies:
Subject: A note about adult trad set awards from the MARO committee:

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:42:20 11/27/13 Wed

Just saw this on the MAR board:

Adult Trad Set Competition Awards -- MAR 2013 Oireachtas Committee, 17:44:20 11/27/13 Wed
PLEASE NOTE:

We are moving the Adult Trad Set awards ceremony into the main ballroom to accommodate those dancers who are also competing in the adult ceili competitions.

We will announce the trad set awards immediately after the ceili competition is completed in Ballroom D.

Subject: MWO

Author:
erin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:40:10 11/27/13 Wed

Good luck to all adult teams this weekend in Grand Rapids!!!

Subject: NEO results

Author:
inside - congratulations all!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:13:00 11/25/13 Mon

Competition # 53
Adult Ladies Ceili
List of Placers
# Team Rank
101 Harney - A 1
102 Fagan Ceili Academy - A 2
106 Brady - A 3
Competition # 54
Adult Mixed Ceili
List of Placers
# Team Rank
101 Rhode Island Ceildhe Club 1

Competition # 55
Adult Ladies 4 Hand
List of Placers
# Team Rank
107 Fagan Ceili Academy - C 1
101 Harney - A 2
104 Fagan Ceili Academy - A 3
102 Fagan Ceili Academy - B 4
Competition # 56
Adult Mixed 4 Hand
List of Placers
# Team Rank
102 O'Shea-Chaplin - A 1
104 Scoil Rince Naomh Attract 2
101 Rhode Island Ceildhe Club 3
103 Rhode Island Ceildhe Club 4

Replies:
Subject: SRO Senior Ladies?

Author:
senior lady
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:53 11/25/13 Mon

Any other senior senior ladies out there getting ready for SROs? The countdown is getting close to single digits!

Best of luck to everyone!

Subject: Sean O'Brien - NEW ALBUM!!!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:21:29 11/20/13 Wed

Sean O'Brien's brand new album FEIS MUSIC 2: STEPPING UP

Get your copy now in time for the Christmas and the New Year!

Subject: Western O's

Author:
New to O's
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:31:11 11/13/13 Wed

This will be my first time competing in the O's as part of an adult 8-hand. For you out there who have been to the O's as a competitor of an adult 8-hand before - any region - do you have any "If I knew then what I know now" advice? Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Midwest O

Author:
adult teams
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:42 11/11/13 Mon

Just saw that there are ten adult ceili teams ('Im guessing that's 8 hands only?). That seems like a good number to me; I don't think there are usually that many teams for that region, or am I remembering incorrectly?

Oh, and good luck, all!

Replies:
Subject: SRO

Author:
Who's going?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:05:37 11/06/13 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Traditional velvet dress for a larger Lady http://www.dance.net/topic/10147051/1/Dresses-Costumes/Two-Traditional-Velvet-Adult-Dresses-For-Sale.html&replies=0

Author:
dh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:13:08 11/05/13 Tue

Subject: Am I wrong or are the All Irelands happening now (or just happened?) If so, aren't there adult ceili comps there? Anyone know any details?

Author:
wondering?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:27 10/30/13 Wed

Replies:
Subject: &overs adult friendly schools?

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:24 10/22/13 Tue

I am an adult dancer in the &overs, and I was wondering what other schools out there are &over friendly? Absolutely no negative posts, please!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know about the

Author:
Anyone know??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:13:08 10/20/13 Sun

adult ceili at the Great Britains? It was supposed to have happened yesterday (Sat eve) but I haven't heard who competed nor who won.

Replies:
Subject: europeans 2014

Author:
kate marsh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:19 10/20/13 Sun

could u post venue and dates for 2014 European nationals

Subject: So, who's doing a traditional set at their Oireachtas this year? Name region and set.

Author:
just for fun
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:49:45 10/17/13 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Does transfer ban apply to Grade Exams?

Author:
Elizabeth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:54 10/13/13 Sun

Hi, I am doing my grade exams, I might have to switch schools, I was wondering if the grade exams are subject to the transfer ban as they are not competitions. If anyone knows, please let me know, ok?

Replies:
Subject: Sean O'Brien - Irish Dance Music

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:07:36 10/12/13 Sat

Sean O'Brien's brand new album FEIS MUSIC 2: STEPPING UP

Get your copy now in time for the GB's, All Irelands and the upcoming Oireachtas Season!

Subject: Elegant Black & White Taylor Dress

Author:
ID Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:52:09 10/06/13 Sun

Made by Geraldine Taylor, Belfast. Would possibly suit taller dancer. Bust 33.5, waist 27 and length 33/34". Excellent condition. Worn only a handful of times. Please feel free to contact for details and photos.

http://www.dance.net/topic/10142507/1/Dresses-Costumes/Elegant-Black-White-Taylor-Dress.html&replies=0

Replies:
Subject: Feis Culkin is open for registration

Author:
culkinschool.com webmaster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:21:19 09/22/13 Sun

Registration for Feis Culkin -- a VERY adult friendly feis -- opened this morning, Sunday, September 22. We have raised the cap to 850 dancers. Information on the feis, including this year's syllabus is online at http://www.feisculkin.info/.

Feis Culkin 2013 will be held on Saturday, November 2, 2013. You can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FeisCulkin

NEW THIS YEAR! For the first time in 2013, Feis Culkin is holding a charity event. We will give all registration fees received for our Treble Reel competitions to help Siobhan O'Sullivan. You can read about Siobhan at http://hopemob.org/s/1p6-please-help-our-dearest-friend-siobhan-o-sullivan-get-the-treatment-she-needs-to-walk-again. Please help us help Siobhan: Sign up for a Treble Reel! THANK YOU!

Replies:
Subject: MARO - just heard they are adding a $50 "family fee" to every entry this year so they don't have to sell wristbands to parents at the door. I can't imagine they will really impose this on adult dancers, will they? In 11 years I've never known an adult to bring a spectator along.

Author:
$15 ceili entry suddenly $65?!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:41:07 09/20/13 Fri

Replies:
Subject: ROI Feis Room block expires today

Author:
ROI Booster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:17:35 09/18/13 Wed

Hi! I'm a booster for the Rhythm of Ireland Feis and wanted to pass along the info that our room block expires today 09/18/13. Please call 1-888-839-1775 and ask for the Rhythm of Ireland group rate. Feis closes Oct 1 and late entry close with $10 fee on Oct 10.

We're a great Oireachtas warm up! Please join us for the ROI Feis Oct 19 and 20 in Portsmouth, VA. More info available at efeis.com or roiboosterclub.com

I also host a perpetual cup for AB/Novice set dance. We love our adult dancers but the numbers each year drop. Please join us!

Replies:
Subject: ID lost a dear friend this week. Please help the family.

Author:
Bridgett O'Lannerghty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:03 09/12/13 Thu

We are holding a fundraiser and silent auction for the children of our dear friend Bridgett O'Lannerghty. Bridgett has been involved with Irish Dance for many years. You may have seen her many different times back stage at Nationals or the Oireachtas working with the Awards. Her daughter was a champion dancer and she is Irish through and through. Her behind the scenes support of ID has been irreplaceable.

Unfortunately, Bridgett has just lost her battle with cancer. We want to help her two children with the looming medical bills and final costs. Her son and daughter are in college and are left without their beloved mother. We are left without a dear friend.

Please help us support the children by either donating on our website or if you are coming to the American Pride Feis November 1-2, we are hosting a silent auction. We will be auctioning off a hand crafted acoustic guitar that has been personally signed by the following stars in Nashville.

* FAITH HILL
* TIM MCGRAW
* DARIUS RUCKER
* PAT GREEN
* More signatures to coming.

The winning bid will be announced at the feis at the lunch hour. If you would like to make a bid and can not be there, please contact us.

DONATIONS CAN BE MADE NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL ON OUR SITE BY CLICKING ON THE DONATE BUTTON.

Go to our site at www.americanpridefeis.com

THANK YOU!

Subject: It's oireachtas season again. Who's attending? (More inside)

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:48:12 09/09/13 Mon

We're sending TWO adult 8-hands to the Mid-Atlantic Oireachtas. The adult Irish dance scene in Buffalo (at Clann Na Cara, specifically) is exploding. Hope we can meet up with lots of other adults from around the region.

Replies:
Subject: We love adult Dancers! American Pride Feis - New Dances

Author:
Added for adults
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:25:06 08/13/13 Tue

Good news! We just added three new opportunities at the American Pride Feis for adults. You can now register on Feisworx for Adult Novice/Prizewinner Traditional Set, Adult Nov/Prizewiner Jig For Jane and Adult Nov/Prizwinner Treble Reel for the Troops. Three new comps for Adults! Come join us.

Replies:

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:58:22 08/10/13 Sat

Seanobrienfeismusician.com is now live!!!

- Preview, purchase and download all of the Traditional and Own Choice SET DANCES at your desired speeds.

- Find direct links to online stores where you can download or order hard copies of Sean's latest album - FEIS MUSIC 1 ADVANCED, as well as keep up to date with the launch details of Feis Music 2 and 3.

- Place a customised order for your very own FIGURE DANCE OR CHOREOGRAPHY MUSIC.

IRISH DANCE MUSIC AT ITS BEST!

Subject: Dean Crouch Music

Author:
www.DeanCrouchMusic.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:17:05 08/01/13 Thu

Good Luck to All dancers for the upcoming feis Season. If you are attending the 2013 All Ireland Championships be sure to download your traditional set music at the syllbus speed. www.DeanCrouchMusic.com is one of the only sites to have recorded the tracks at these exact speeds.

Thank you all for your continued support on the website.

Remember to visit www.DeanCrouch.com for all your music needs:

♫ Trad sets at 2013 All Ireland Syllabus Speeds
♫ Set Dances
♫ Ceili Music
♫ Sheet Music
♫ Grade Speeds
♫ TopBox / The Best That I Can Be
♫ TCRG/ADCRG Exam Preparation Help
♫ Personalised Music Requests

All available for download or mail order.

Dean Crouch Music

Subject: You are invited! New Feis - American Pride Feis, November 1-2, 2013 Franklin, TN. Open for Entries.

Author:
American Pride Feis is now open for entries!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:01:23 07/31/13 Wed

The first Annual American Pride Feis is now open for entries! We hope you can join us on November 1-2, 2013 at Embassy Suites in Franklin, TN just south of Nashville, TN.
Here are just some of the exciting details about our feis:

* Sashes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Prelim and Champ and other fabulous awards
* Beautiful Suites so you can bring the whole family
* Great selection of vendors and fabulous shopping nearby to get your holiday shopping done
* Safe stages
* Timed perfectly for that last minute run through before the Oireachtas
* On site restaurant and large selection of other food choices close by
* Music, soda bread and Celtic art competitions
* Extra dance opportunities: First Feis, Adult, Specials, Treble Reel for the Troops and Jig for Jane Richard

Cap is 550 and will fill quickly, so get in before it is full.

For non-dancing family members, there is loads of local activities to make a mini week-end break for the whole family.

Register at Feisworx.com

www.americanpridefeis.com

Questions - americanpridefeis@gmail.com

Subject: Good luck at Nation's Cap this weekend!

Author:
Jody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:57:34 07/26/13 Fri

Good luck to all the adults at Nation's Capital Feis this weekend. Sorry that I can't be there to cheer you on.

Subject: Riverdance World Record in Dublin

Author:
RinceInniu.ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:40 07/22/13 Mon

Watch Line 2 of the World longest Riverdance line being achieved on the banks of the Liffey Dublin . Click link.

http://www.rinceinniu.ie/videos/album-85/riverdance-the-gathering-2013.html

Subject: Maire Duffy competition

Author:
Adult
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:57 07/20/13 Sat

Did anyone see the Mair Duffy Choreography two hand competition at NAN's? I would love to know what it was like

Replies:
Subject: Nans

Author:
adult
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:54:13 07/20/13 Sat

Even though it is over now is there a place to see any of the video of the adult divisions

Replies:

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:12:26 07/17/13 Wed

Seanobrienfeismusician.com is now live!!!

Sean O'Brien, one the world's leading exponents of Irish Dance Music has created a brand new website where you can:

- Preview, purchase and download all of the Traditional and Own Choice Set Dances at your desired speeds.

- Find direct links to online stores where you can download or order hard copies of Sean's latest album - Feis Music 1 Advanced, as well as keep up to date with the launch details of Feis Music 2 and 3.

- Place a customised order for your very own figure dance or choreography music.

Subject: ADULT TEAMS NAIDC 2013

Author:
James Early ADCRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:01:51 07/09/13 Tue

For those nameless people who are on this board trying to "stir the pot", it is a shame that you do not come forth and make the accusation in writing. For your information, the Early McLoughlin School has been putting teams into the Adult Ceili Section off and on for the past 30 years. If you have questions/accusations regarding age and eligibility please feel free to contact me rather than attack on a MB in a cowardly fashion. Oh and by the way, the team that won the NAIDC all are over the age of 25 and have not competed since they were 16 so my math says they have been out of competitive dancing for 9 years.

Replies:
Subject: OK, this is pretty cool:

Author:
Congrats to you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:00:50 07/08/13 Mon

They just added two more videos on the Nationals live feed page of adult ceili dancers. One is a story about the two mixed ceili teams from one school: they have one team with some parents of some of the kids who are dancing on the opposing team! That's kind of interesting, but the funniest punchline is...the parents won!

I love that they even bothered to talk to some adult dancers and I really loved watching the entire adult competition at home!

Replies:
Subject: Anyone going to Blas at University of Limerick later this month?

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:21:29 06/05/13 Wed

Hi, fellow adult dancers. Just wonder, will any of you be attending Blas at the University of Limerick this summer? I'm attending for the full two weeks, and I'm a little helpless when it comes to traveling from Shannon airport to University of Limerick. I'm sure I can figure it out, but I'd like to have a bit of a plan in place before arriving in Ireland.

Side note: I'm so excited! Hope to dance/learn with some of you!

Replies:
Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.