VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

The Adult Irish Dancer Message Board
The place for all adult Irish dancers to discuss all things Irish dance

Subject: Philadelphia oireachtas

Author:
Lily
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:37:22 11/14/12 Wed

Good luck to the entire adult division at this years MAR'S. this will be my first time in over 40 years not going. I live in the most devastated part of NY of hurricane Sandy....Belle harbor. With the devastation around me and still no power there is no way I could leave for a weekend of dancing. Every thanksgiving I really looked forward to it but under the circumstances and loosing a tremendous amount of my belongings and home, however I saved my dance shoes in 10 feet of water. I dove in and got them. I wish you all luck!! I wish I was with you.... Lily ...Niall O'Learys School of Irish dance
Replies:
Subject: Numbers for mid Atlantic O

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:00 11/22/12 Thu

Ladies 8 - 12
Mixed 8 - 2
ladies 4 - 19
Mixed 4 - 5
Adult trad set - 57

Using phone or would type all out!
Replies:
Subject: New England Adult Ceili results:

Author:
Congratulations to all!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:34:41 11/18/12 Sun

Competition # 55
Adult Ladies 4 Hand
List of Placers
# Team Rank
102 Harney Academy - A 1
101 Fagan Ceili Academy - B 2
106 Fagan Ceili Academy - A 3
105 Harney Academy - B 4

Competition # 53
Adult Ladie Ceili
List of Placers
# Team Rank
104 Harney Academy - A 1
101 Woods School - B 2
102 Fagan Ceili Academy - A 3

Competition # 56
Adult Mixed 4 Hand
List of Placers
# Team Rank
101 Griffith Academy - A 1
Replies:
Subject: O'DONNELL WINTER FEIS - Toronto, Canada - OPEN FOR REGISTRATION

Author:
Kathleen O'Neill Cowan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:36:30 11/18/12 Sun

The Irish Dance Cultural Association of Scarborough and the O'Donnell School of Traditional Irish Dance as pleased to inform you that our 13th feis is now open for registration.

Date: January 26, 2013

Venue: Markham Fairgrounds
10801 McCowan Road,
Markham, ON Canada

Entries accepted online or by mail until January 7, 2013 or when cap has been reached. Late entries accepted from January 8 - 14th online only with a $20.00 late fee.

For more information: http://www.odonnellirishdance.com

Entries: http://www.efeis.com
Subject: Oireachtas results.

Author:
Anyone? I know some regions have already finished.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:24 11/14/12 Wed

Replies:
Subject: adult irish dancing for fun

Author:
Connie (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:02:03 11/11/12 Sun

I would love to find a group on the south shore (south of boston) meeting weekly for a fun irish dance seession.
thanks.
Replies:
Subject: "An Irish Dancing Christmas" by Nelson Productions LLC

Author:
Kathy Nelson Executive Manager (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:09:16 11/11/12 Sun

Nelson Productions LLC and Nelson Academy Of Irish Dance are proud to present "An Irish Dancing Christmas" show at the Kimball Theater in downtown Colonial Williamsburg Nov. 23rd, 24th, and 25th at 7pm.
Get into the spirit of the season with live music by Keltish with fiddler Chelle Fulk, special guest percussionist Catherine Hauke, brass master Michael Kazalski, and Daniel Nelson dancer-musician-choreographer. Come hear your favorite Christmas songs played with a Celtic flair and watch the Irish dancers enchant you with their rhythmical precision!
If you happen to be visiting Colonial Williamsburg Thanksgiving week then this would be a great family activity.

Participating schools:
Heart Of Ireland
Nelson Academy Of Irish Dance
Hurley School
O'Grady Quinlan
Margie Williams School of Dance
ROI

Go to this link for tickets-just type in the date of 11/23, 11/24, or 11/25 and hit search:
http://admissions.williamsburgmarketplace.com/eStore/Content/Commerce/Products/DisplayProducts.aspx?ActivityGroupCode=20&ActivityCategoryCode=200

Check out our website for more info at:
nelsonproductionsllc.com

Daniel Nelson
Director Nelson Productions LLC
Kathy Nelson
Executive Manager Nelson Productions LLC
Subject: Adult Irish dance classes in Pittsburgh?

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:15 11/04/12 Sun

A friend of mine is interested in trying out Irish dancing (no prior experience) in Pittsburgh. Any schools in the area that accept adults?
Replies:
Subject: BRAND NEW Rutherford Patent Pumps size 4 1/2 - $60 free shipping to US

Author:
email me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:47 11/06/12 Tue

The Patent Pump irish dance shoe - brand new to the market - first introduced at the North American Irish Dance Championships - worn by the top dancers in the world and several winners at the Nationals. Beautiful conforming style to enhance the arch and heel area. Nice short toe and VERY shiny especially when the lights are good in the hall. Wear for stage performance and competition. They are sure to catch the judge's eye. A great compliment to your regular leather Cavan Pumps. Sizing runs 1/2 size larger than a good tight fitting pair of Cavan Pumps as they do not stretch quite the same.
Subject: ♫ TradPac - all 7 traditional set dances for $5! ♫

Author:
Mark Arrington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:37:39 10/23/12 Tue

I'm offering all the traditional set dances at the current speeds for $5 until the first week of December. You can order the TradPac from the Order Music page on my site www.markarringtonmusic.com. I also have all the ceili dances on iTunes for 99 cents. They're extra long in case you need them for an actual ceili, not just a competition. If you're looking for my version of The Three Tunes you have to search iTunes for "3 Tunes 113" or just search on me and click on "All Songs". If you want Humors of Bandon make sure you get the one at 115 from Feis Favorites, not the contemporary set dance version on Kick It Up A Notch.

Best of luck at the Oireachtas!
Replies:
Subject: Female dancer 4 new show production needed

Author:
Liam c.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:19:17 11/02/12 Fri

!!!NEW SHOWPRODUCTION!!!

We are looking for 1 sensational female Irish dancer for the show "Night of the Dance - Flow" commencing middle December 2012 until end of March 2013

If you are talented and looking for a new chalenge, send your CV with a full body picture and headshot to:

audition@irishthunder.de

All applications need to be received by November 20th 2012...We eagerly awaiting your applications and wish you good luck

Payment details: details later (you will be paid per week in Euro)

Applications to this casting call require:
•A phone number
•A profile photo
•A profile video
Subject: Horgan feis Nov 10th - adult prizewinner group! I was so surprised to see this. Have any adults completed in this or is their first year offering? Anyone planning to go? I'm still in Novice, unfortunately,where its O14 only, grrr

Author:
NE dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:02:59 10/14/12 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Just saw this from the Great Britain Championships:

Author:
Wow!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:56:38 10/21/12 Sun

Congrats to all who competed! This is a fantastic turnout; if we have any UK readers, can anyone tell us anything about this competition? Have any North American teams ever gone? I'd love to hear more about this, who danced what, etc. This is great for adults!

ADULT CEILI FULL RESULT
101 48 146 Team A Turley Academy : Midlands Region, England/Wales 1
101 48 143 Team A Deegan : Southern Region, England 2
101 48 145 Team A McElvogue : North East Region, England 3
101 48 149 Team A Hackett-Kyne Academy : Southern Region, England 4
101 48 144 Team A Adrian Kelly : Southern Region, England 5
101 48 147 Team A Scoil Rince Rochford : Southern Region, England 6
101 48 142 Team B Adrian Kelly : Southern Region, England 7
101 48 148 Team B Deegan : Southern Region, England 8
101 48 150 Team A Robson : North East Region, England 9
Replies:
Subject: Hullachan Hardshoes, nearly brand new, only worn once!! Size UK5.5, apprx US9! Offers welcome!!

Author:
Use email link here
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:00:07 10/21/12 Sun

A great deal, just in time for pre-Oireachtas shoe breaking in! More info here: http://www.dance.net/topic/10026950/1/Irish-Hardshoe/Looking-for-larger-sized-hardshoes-Worn-only-once-Hullachans-for-Sale-Irish-size-5.html&replies=2
Subject: Mid-Atlantic oireachtas -- who's going?

Author:
Buffalo dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:22 09/17/12 Mon

It's that time of year again! Which Mid-Atlantic dancers will be going to Philadelphia to compete in the adults comps at oireachtas? Last year, I drove solo to dance the trad sets. This year, my school's adults will be competing in the ceili comps, and I'm soooooo excited.

Hope to see many of you there!
Replies:
Subject: Shipping Costs Overseas

Author:
New to Voy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:57 10/09/12 Tue

I live in the Central USA and am currently contemplating buying a used pair of hardshoes from the UK. Does anyone have an idea of what it would cost to ship them over here? I will have to pay for shipping, and it may affect if I can afford them or not. Thanks!
Replies:
Subject: Crossroads Feis "Triple Threat" Special!

Author:
Crossroads Feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:17:51 09/12/12 Wed

I know this is late notice, but I'm announcing it anyways!

The Crossroads Feis is October 12-13, 2012 in Lehi, Utah (25 min south of the airport).

Why would I go to a feis in Utah? You ask.

For our new Adult Triple Threat Competition on Friday Night!
3 Rounds combined to give a final overall score:
Adults must dance 32 bars of either a reel or a slip jig, 32 bars of either a treble jig or a hornpipe and one of the followingtraditional sets: Job of Journeywork, Garden of Daisies King of the Fairies
Podium ceremony and Sashes to be awarded!

Also, there is a "Blind Man Special" open to all dancers at the feis: One treble reel step down the line and Judge will be separated from competitors by a screen.

Come join us for a great feis!

www.harpirishdance.com and click on Crossroads Feis
Replies:
Subject: feisworld.co.uk

Author:
Stephen Walker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:07:46 10/06/12 Sat

Hi everyone,
Hope you all had a great Summer break!!

Just to let you know feisworld.co.uk is up and running! It features 4 albums of practise music PLUS over 200 Set Dances including the new sets, 'The Vanishing Lake' and 'The Charlady'.

Sets are priced at $2.99 and all other tracks are $1.29 with albums priced at $11.99..

I would like to thank everyone for their support since 2004 and everyone who has bought the Feisworld series.

All the best,

Steve :)
Subject: Experienced adult dancers wanted

Author:
tcrg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:19 10/05/12 Fri

The Crossroads Dancers, an adult school with classes in Bucks County, PA, has openings for experienced dancers who are interested in performing and competing. Gents are especially welcome. Please contact crossroadsdancers@gmail.com.
Subject: Last day to register for Rhythm of Ireland Feis to avoid late fee

Author:
ROI Feis Registrar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:20 10/01/12 Mon

We are shaping up to have our largest Champ Day ever. Join us for a great warm up to the SRO!

I can't wait to see the Boo-tiful costumes at the Treble Reel party. The dancers are so creative.

The host hotel is adding a dinner cash-n-carry set up Saturday night for your convenience as well.
Subject: ***IRISH DANCE TROUPE AUDITIONS***

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:10:28 09/30/12 Sun

Experienced and enthusiastic IRISH DANCERS over the age of 18 wanted to join a successful, innovative display team based in the South West.

If you are interested please send your dance CV and a full length photograph to shalayleigh@hotmail.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS SHOULD BE BASED NEAR BRISTOL FOR REHEARSALS
Subject: Gavin Doherty dress for sale ages 10-12 yrs

Author:
Sheila Bremer (White Gavin Doherty dress)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:27:36 09/28/12 Fri

Gorgeous white Gavin Doherty dress with orange/black/yellow accent colors in satin fabric and in absolutely brand new condition as only worn twice. Fabulous stage presence and covered in swarovski crystals throughout and fabric is very light weight!!! For sale from Massachusetts and can also be seen at local feises. Please contact Sheila Bremer for further information and extra photos. Asking price $1,300 plus S&H. A must see as fabulous dress for the upcoming Oireachtas.

Please contact Sheila at Sheilabremer@gmail.com

Measurements are in inches:

Bodice 17"

skirt 11"

Drop waist 8" from side and 6" from the V

Sleeve 22"

Bust 26"

Waist 28"

Shoulder to shoulder 11"

Full length 28"
Replies:
Subject: Looking for a new set dance? Why not try one of these great, rarely-used ones?

Author:
Mark Arrington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:55:24 09/25/12 Tue

I'm giving away these set dances that have fallen out of favor in the past few years. Hopefully some of you will give them a try and shock the judges and audience out of their glazed look after having seen the same set dance 25 times in a row! Choose any or all of the following at these speeds: Youghal Harbor 76 bpm, Rodney's Glory 108, Hurling Boys 70, Rub The Bag 70, Orange Rogue 70. Just email me at mark@markarringtonmusic.com and I'll send them over. Also on my site, check out the "3 rounds for $3 special" until Oireachtas time!
Subject: Rhythm of Ireland info

Author:
ROI Feis Registrar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:15 09/24/12 Mon

Just a reminder that on-time entries for Rhythm of Ireland Feis close next Monday, October 1. The room block at the Courtyard by Marriot closes this Thursday, September 27.

Please join us!
More info here www.roiboosterclub.org
Subject: Elegant Senior Ladies sequin lace dress for sale.

Author:
Liz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:38:55 09/21/12 Fri

Elegant Senior Ladies sequin lace dress for sale. http://www.dance.net/topic/10013050/1/Dresses-Costumes/Sparkly-Black-Sequin-Lace-Dress-For-Sale.html
Subject: just received the cd 'dean' fab music really good worth buying!

Author:
cd - dean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:57:11 09/15/12 Sat

Subject: Are you looking for a used dress? Or have a dress or item to sell? FeisDresses.com is a very popular site for buying and selling Irish dance dresses, wigs, boys' vests, shoes, etc. And posting your listing is always FREE. You can edit your own ads, at any time.

Author:
Rhonda at FeisDresses.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:58:35 09/13/12 Thu

Lots of great items are listed daily. Just thought to get the word out again about the site.
The goal of this site is to help out the ID community. There are already so many expenses - and you shouldn't have to have one more expense just to sell your dress!
Subject: Inviting all adults to come feis with us!

Author:
ROI Registrar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:22:59 09/13/12 Thu

Hello fellow dancing adults.

I was just perusing the numbers for our feis this year and noticed the adult numbers are not what I hoped they would be. The Rhythm of Ireland Feis loves our adult dancers and hopes you'll come to beautiful Williamsburg and enjoy the weekend with us.

I sponsor a perpeual cup (traditional set Beg/AB) in memory of my beloved mother who encouraged me when I got the strange idea to start Irish dancing at 39 years of age. We are offering slows in hornpipe and treble jig, too!
Subject: Oireachtas practice time!

Author:
Mark Arrington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:35:28 09/10/12 Mon

Here are 3 reasons to take advantage of my "3 rounds for 3 dollars" special:
♫ The tunes are the same number of bars of music as your dances and end exactly when your steps do.
♫ They sound different than your other dance practice music with fiddle, mandolin, banjo, whistle, guitar, and bodhran. The arrangements are varied.
♫ It's cheaper and lasts longer than a gallon of gas!

The special is your soft shoe and hard shoe dance once through from Champtrax and your set dance at any speed, including the new Vanishing Lake and Charlady. You order them on my site and when you go to check out you type in the tunes you need.

Happy practicing!
Subject: MARO 4-hand rumor?!

Author:
Syllabus says REEL, not jig
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:40 08/24/12 Fri

Hi MARO adult dancers,

My teacher informed us today that the Midatlantic Region Oireachtas syllabus indicates that adults will dance the 4-hand REEL this year. As far as I'd heard, Humours of Bandon (jig) was the dance everyone was expecting.

My teacher has emailed oireachtas representatives to confirm this, and we're waiting to hear the official work.

Anyone else's teacher confirm/deny the 4-hand reel rumor? I'll post if I hear anything additional from my teacher.
Replies:
Subject: I just saw this in IrishCentral.com:

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:45 07/23/12 Mon

A nice article about adult dancers; congrats, O'Rourke adults!

New York O'Rourke Adults Feel Like Family
Replies:
Subject: www.patkingmusic.com is now online!! See inside for details

Author:
Tara
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:32 09/06/12 Thu

All of the set dances were re-recorded in August 2012. All of Pats recording are on the site with new recordings coming in the next few weeks. Please check the site frequently.
Subject: I just read an excellent comparison between 2 different brands of hard shoes

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:56:09 09/03/12 Mon

It seems to be thorough and fair, evaluating a lot of features we should be looking at no matter what brand of shoes we're considering:

http://www.dance.net/read.html?postid=9987408

It is the 3rd or 4th response, I think.
Subject: Set Dances under $3!!

Author:
Stephen Walker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:30 09/03/12 Mon

Hi everyone. If you are looking for cheap Set Dances for the new Feis season check out my new website.

www.feisworld.co.uk

The site features over 200 Set dances plus practise music from all four of my albums!

All the best

Stephen.
Subject: ROI Feis - Colonial Williamsburg Discount Form

Author:
ROI Registrar
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:41:37 08/28/12 Tue

Colonial Williamsburg Discount Form is Now Available!

Colonial Williamsburg is once again offering discount tickets to dancers and guests of Rhythm of Ireland Feis. Only $7.50 per ticket when pre-ordered using the form found on our website:

http://www.roiboosterclub.org/roi%20pdf%20files/CW%20Discount%20Form.pdf

The deadline for reserving the discount tickets is October 14, 2012.
Subject: Under 9/10 Gavin Dress -- http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/costumes/3783624

Author:
xx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:14:40 08/25/12 Sat

Subject: Best teams in us

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:49 07/06/12 Fri

It's a shame that adult 8hands from all parts of the country can't travel and compete at natls. Congrats to all the teams for dancing/competing! Just curious... Who are some of the favorite adult 8hands across America? Keeping it positive, fun and respectful to all adult dancers as they are all amazing!!! Keep on dancing and having fun!!
Replies:
Subject: Uk SIZE 12-14 Pink and White Glitterball Irish Dance Dress

Author:
Erin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:14 08/13/12 Mon

I have a dress for sale!
Only £200 GBP plus P&P.
Great condition only worn 3 times so pretty much new.
Please email me if you are interestede I can send pictures and mesurments and any details you like

Thanks for reading xxxxx
Subject: Crafty Treble Maker

Author:
CraftyTrebleMaker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:08:40 07/30/12 Mon

Crafty Treble Maker, provides hand made personalised cards for all occassions related to the irish dancing world!

Please support our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CraftyTrebleMakers

it would be much appreciated if you could share our work to your friends aswell!

thanks for your time,

Crafty Treble Maker
Subject: Eight teams at Nationals -- 7 ladies and 1 mixed...

Author:
ceili dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:08 07/02/12 Mon

The program book is out:

Mixed Ceili - Glencastle, Mid America

Ladies Ceili
Celtic Academy (2 teams) Mid America
Culkin, Southern
Fagan Ceili Academy, New England
McNulty, Mid America
O'Malley, Mid Atlantic
Toal, Western Canada

Best wishes to all the teams!
Replies:
Subject: Chicago: Will County Open Feis 2012

Author:
Ashley Irish Dances
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:14 06/25/12 Mon

Hi, everyone! Come to the first annual Will County Open Feis in Joliet, Illinois, about 35 miles outside of Chicago. Our Feis is sanctioned by the North American Irish Dance Federation, so we welcome everyone. I also started as a teenager, and felt more like an adult dancer my whole life than a kid, so I'm a big softie for the adults. In NAIDF, for adults 21 and over, the age categories of 21 and up, 35 and up, and 50 and up are recommended. We don't have set age groups yet — since we're small, I set the age groups as fairly as I can once registration is closed.

We also grade differently; our competitions are more like school. Regardless of where your place against your peers, it is your individual score (at least 80 out of 100) that lets you move up to the next level. (Your peer placement gets you the shiny medals and trophies, though!) We also have Digital Feiseanna at naidf.com.

http://www.triallta.org/feis/

I'm also having a coloring contest and a creative writing contest, with prizes. Our topic for writing is, "Why do Irish dancers hold their arms down by their sides?" We’ve heard plenty of ideas—the British tying people up, or so the priest doesn’t know you’re dancing if you’re behind a hedge, or the pubs are too crowded.

We want to know why you think Irish dancers hold their arms down! Is it too windy for kilt-wearing lads and dress-donning lasses? Alien abduction? Done on a dare? To impress a date? Sharpen your pens and write a short story or poem to explain your hypothesis!

http://www.triallta.org/feis/

This Feis is a qualifier for the NAIDF Nationals in July 2013, which is in turn a qualifier for the WIDA World Championships held in 2014.
Replies:
Subject: World Champion Dancers Suzanne Coyle and Michael Holland

Author:
RinceInniu.ie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:02 07/24/12 Tue

dance together at Worlds in Belfast

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=445461168826049&set=a.185818574790311.35738.100000865103937&type=1&theater
Subject: Posts are up!

Author:
Celtic Shoes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:59:22 07/24/12 Tue

The giveaway posts are up at Celtic Shoes Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Celtic-Shoes/114677481901363

Just "like" the page and then make a comment on the item for which you would like to enter.

I will select the winners tomorrow morning!
Subject: *** IRISH DANCE TROUPE AUDITIONS BRISTOL ***

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:35 07/23/12 Mon

We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic
IRISH DANCERS over the age of 18 to join a successful, innovative display team based in the South West.

If you are interested please send your dance CV and a full length photograph to shalayleigh@hotmail.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS SHOULD BE BASED NEAR BRISTOL FOR REHEARSALS

www.shalayleigh-irish-dance.co.uk
Subject: Christmas in July at Celtic Shoes

Author:
Celtic Shoes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:57:27 07/23/12 Mon

I'm giving away 1 package (40 pcs) of Be Dazzled Hair Jewelry, 1 Olive Hurley Sets & Solos Vol. 3 CD, 1 pair of flannel Irish Dancer pj bottoms, 1 pair of Sparkley Socks and for the gents a pair of crystal cufflinks.

You'll need to "like" my page first at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Celtic-Shoes/114677481901363 . July 24 around 9am Eastern I will put up five different posts and all you need to do is post a comment. I will choose a name at random on each post on July 25 around 9am and notify the winners.

I'm covering the postage, too. US residents only, please.
Subject: Devasted and Need Everyone’s Help Please!!!!! Lost my Blackberry in Chicago at Nans. It had irreplaceable pictures, videos and recordings on it of my mom just before she passed away.

Author:
A Desperate ECR Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:07:40 07/10/12 Tue

Whenever I’m sad and miss her, which is every single day, I watch the video of her telling a joke in the hospital and it makes me feel she’s still here with me and reminds me of how much love and laughter she brought to our lives. There’s also photos of her (and ones of the rest of my family) including her last Thanksgiving dinner, ones of her in the hospital, one of her smiling after getting some hopeful news… These precious photos and video have provided so much comfort that I am devasted thinking I may never see them again. There’s also a voice recording of her singing Happy Birthday, something she did with every child and grandchild on their birthday. I had also downloaded all the important saved voicemails from my landline. Plus there’s so many other precious pictures and photos of my dad, my children, my hubby, footage of my mom’s beautiful gardens, my son winning a cross country race, there’s just so much on that phone…..in addition to all the contact info for friends, family, doctors etc. and all the reminders for future family appointments. I know I should have downloaded all this but I was petrified I’d do something wrong and lose everything so had wanted to get professional assistance to do it properly.

The phone was lost Saturday July 7th between 5 pm and 6:45 pm either in the Sheraton Ballrooms A, B or C (most probably B as I was there most of the time but I was in A too) or just outside these 3 ballrooms. My blackberry is all black shiny plastic (I think it’s a newer version of the Bold), is bare without any protective cover and the battery was low so it most likely ran out that day. There may have been some residual moisture in the phone from exposure a few days earlier so if you’ve found one that doesn’t charge, (please forgive me for asking this) if you could kindly try removing the battery from the phone and then place it with the phone separate in dry rice for several hours or even a day and then try charging it. When it reboots it says “Rogers” first and then opens to a screen with a photo of my mom, short reddish/blonde hair and wearing glasses sitting on a bench seat.

I’m certain my phone was not stolen but that it accidentally may have fallen into a purse, dress bag or the like as I walked passed it or that I left it on a chair beside me as I watched the dancing and when I rushed off to see a dancer in another room, someone saw it sitting there and mistook it for their own. I hate to inconvenience anyone but the content of this phone is so precious and irreplaceable if you could please just take a moment to check shoe bags, costume bags, purses – anything you and your children or visiting relatives and friends may have had with you/them in the Sheraton Ballrooms that day. Please tell you’re children about this and if you could please ask them to tell their dance friends too and if you could please share it with all dance parents from your school. I’m hopeful that the more people that know then the better the chances of recovering it. For those who may suggest this, please be assured I tried calling it that night and many times since but it goes straight to voicemail, and that I left my contact details with everyone possible at the Sheraton and even at the Hyatt and I have a huge team of people praying to St. Anthony so I’m hopeful it’ll be found. Please feel free to join in the praying, the more the better. It’s my birthday this Friday the 13th and I had so hoped to listen to the blackberry recording of mom singing Happy Birthday.

I want to send a big thank you to Tim O’Hare for announcing my lost blackberry several times at the Saturday awards and the enthusiastic and swift responses from everyone, especially the little girl who immediately rushed over to tell Tim about a found blackberry. Unfortunately, that blackberry was not mine; although it looked very similar, it did not have my mom’s beautiful face in the opening screen. Perhaps the person who owns that blackberry mistakenly has mine.

A heartfelt thank you to all of you for taking the time to read this incredibly lengthy post and for any and all efforts you’re able to make to help me find my phone.
Replies:
  • A lead -- From the Midwest board, 16:38:14 07/18/12 Wed
Subject: New website for Irish dancing accessories http://theirishdancer.co.uk/

Author:
theirishdancer.co.uk
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:00 07/18/12 Wed

Subject: Dongan Feis - July 21, Albany - closing in on cap! Late fees apply entering after 7/7. Enter via Feisweb. Kinda bummed at the lack of adult dancer interest - I know we're not conveniently located, but we're trying to make it a feis that adult dancers would like to attend. Thoughts? Ideas?

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:23 07/05/12 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Is there a start time for the adult competitions at Nation's Capital. Are we dancing before or after the Exhibition? Thanks.

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:35:44 06/24/12 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Adult friendly dance school near Boca Raton FL

Author:
forever a dancer:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:52:03 06/20/12 Wed

Hi everyone, We are possibly relocating to Boca Raton FL and I'm worried about finding an adult friendly school. I know tha that Drake, Breffni, Rondeau and Aranmore are all down in that area. I'm familiar only with Drake and Breffni. Does anyone have an suggestions?
Replies:
Subject: workshops

Author:
me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:10:16 07/01/12 Sun

Does anyone know if there are any adult workshops during the summer in Europe or Ireland???? Would really love to attend one. Why should the youngsters have all the fun!!! :)
Subject: New Set Dance Download

Author:
Stephen Walker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:28 06/30/12 Sat

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/stephenwalker

New Set Dance Website plus all Feisworld Albums available to download..
Subject: Facility Fee Petition

Author:
Everyone sign please!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:37:08 05/10/12 Thu

Lets all sign the petition to get rid of the facility fee for Boston! Copy link below into your browser. Thanks!

http://www.change.org/petitions/clrg-an-coimisiun-le-rinci-gaelacha-the-irish-dancing-commission-abolish-the-facility-fee-for-world-championships
Replies:
Subject: Mid-Atlantic Region Oireachtas 4-hand -- anyone know what dance (reel, jig) and the figure?

Author:
trying to pull together a team or two ... or three :)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:24 06/20/12 Wed

I'm never sure when this information is made available. Anyone know anything that I don't?
Replies:
Subject: Adult friendly irish dance instruction in NY/NJ area

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:55:54 06/27/12 Wed

Hello- Anybody out there have suggestions for an adult friendly irish dance school in the metro NY/NJ area. I work in Manhattan and live in central NJ, so suggestions for any schools in those locations are welcome.
Thanks
Replies:
Subject: Don't think this was asked yet, but I'd love to know: which adult teams are heading to Nationals?!? Old faves? New teams?

Author:
would love to hear!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:32 06/28/12 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Room Available at Hyatt 7/5-7/7

Author:
yvonne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:50 06/27/12 Wed

email inside
Replies:
Subject: Southern Tier Feis in Binghamton? I'm considering it since I have friends in the area, but they don't have different levels for adults. Anyone done this feis before?

Author:
mp
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:24 06/15/12 Fri

Subject: Reminder: Rooms in Dongan Feis block only available to June 18! Details at donganfeis.org. Entries accepted via feisweb.com

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:52:40 06/11/12 Mon

Subject: Rochester feis -- who's going? Multiple levels for adults :)

Author:
SJV
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:21:55 06/09/12 Sat

Anyone else registering for the Rochester Feis? So far, there's only one person signed up for adults. I think about 4 of the adult dancers from my school are interested in registering.

http://rochesterfeis.com/ROC12SyllabusRev0529.pdf
Subject: Dean Crouch Music

Author:
www.DeanCrouchMusic.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:10:14 06/07/12 Thu

The Vanishing Lake and The Charlady are now part of the official C.L.R.G list of sets that can be danced at Feiseanna.

These fabulous tunes were composed as part of the Marie Duffy Foundation (www.marie-duffy-foundation.com) which has been established to provide financial assistance to aspiring dancers, musicians and choreographers.

Both of these sets are available for download and CD order on WWW.DEANCROUCHMUSIC.COM

Thank you all for your continued support on the website and all the best for any upcoming competitions.

Remember to visit DeanCrouchMusic.com for all your music needs:

♫ Set Dances
♫ Ceili Music
♫ Sheet Music
♫ Grade Speeds
♫ TopBox / The Best That I Can Be
♫ TCRG/ADCRG Exam Preparation Help
♫ Personalised Music Requests

Dean Crouch Music

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Subject: Fatigue

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:36:28 05/14/12 Mon

I am new to the full-time work world, and am wondering how you all handle fatigue when it comes to classes, practicing and competing? When you come home from work, are exhausted, but still have a million other things to do, how to you balance it all?

Do you skip class occasionally? How frequently? Do you just practice when you can, or do you push other things to the side so you can practice? Thank you all so much for your insight!
Replies:
Subject: Dress for Sale! Asking price: $975!

Author:
Email if interested!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:53:35 06/01/12 Fri

Pictures inside first comment!

Dancer is 5'7 and wears a size 6.
Replies:
Subject: Slow speeds for adults

Author:
Worth checking with organizers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:59:22 05/24/12 Thu

I recently expressed my frustration with feiseanna that were still restricting adults to trad speeds. However i checked with the feis organizers and found in both cases they had failed to update their syllabi. One organizer was unaware that slow speeds were now permitted and immediately ok'd my entry as slow speed. Another stated they had just reprinted the previous year's syllabi and stated that slow speeds were permitted. At one feis the stage monitor told me i could not do slow speed but quickly ok'd it when informed of the rule change. Bottom line please check with the feis organizers because they are still catching up to the changes. I almost did not attend one feis because of their outdated syllabus but when i got the ok i went and had very good success at the feis. I was so happy that i checjed!
Replies:
Subject: AUDITION DATES AND LOCATIONS JIG GIG 2012

Author:
JIG GIG 2012 (Excited)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:30:38 05/31/12 Thu

Jig Gig 2012 Audition Dates:-

DUBLIN, Skylon Hotel Drumcondra 8th June
LIMERICK, Dunraven Arms Adare 10th June
GALWAY, Menlo Park Hotel 10th June

ALSO ACCEPTING VIDEO AUDITIONS, contact ashlene@adareproductions.ie for more details.
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.