VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

The Adult Irish Dancer Message Board
The place for all adult Irish dancers to discuss all things Irish dance

Subject: Just Heard about a WIDA Feis in US

Author:
Have slow speed, Will travel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:37:07 11/20/09 Fri

I just read about a new WIDA feis to be held in Houston, TX. I looked at the syllabus and there are only "and overs" including over 31. I am assuming adults "oops I mean "and overs" could actually do slow speeds. I'm tired of begging for scraps off An Com's table. Think I may give this one a try.
Replies:
Subject: From the Eastern region board:

Author:
Largest adult comps?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:16 11/27/09 Fri

7 ladies 8s, 5 mixed 8s, 7 mixed 4s & 18 ladies 4s!
Replies:
Subject: Western Region results

Author:
Congrats!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:56:51 11/22/09 Sun

Competition 45 - Oireachtas, Ceili Dance, Ladies (A)
5 competitors in this competition

1 Murphy-Comerford School
2 Bennett School
3 Crawford School

Competition 46 - Oireachtas, Ceili Dance, Mixed (A)
2 competitors in this competition

1 Cleary Irish Dance
2 Bennett School
Replies:
Subject: Western Region Oireachtas

Author:
Wish I was there
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:36:13 11/21/09 Sat

Couldn't make it to Denver. How did the competition go?
Subject: MAR's

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:46 11/02/09 Mon

I just heard that the O'Leary school has at least 7 four hands going to MAR's and 3 or 4 - 8 hands. Good for them. Our division is growing. This makes dancing exciting. I love seeing all the new faces and the fact that our competition is getting bigger. Maybe they wont leave us for last this time for awards when there is no one in the ballroom. Congrats to that school to be able to get that many adults to go. This is going to be a fun year
Replies:
Subject: One more day to enter our Facebook contest!

Author:
Ally and Nic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:55:17 11/19/09 Thu

Come vent about your stress on our Facebook fan page!

http://www.facebook.com/iheartthatdance

Enter before midnight EST Friday November 21st for a chance to win one of TWO $25 gift certificates to http://www.iheartthatdance.com

Also, we are part of the Diddlyi Christmas Catalog:

http://mag.diddlyi.com/2009/11/gift-ideas-from-i-heart-that-dance/

There's a great deal on our in-stock items for Diddlyi members, and our shipping is always $10 flat rate in North America (contact us for a quote if you are overseas!)

Happy shopping, and good luck to those with upcoming comps and Oireachtasi!
Subject: Irish Dance Christmas Catalogue

Author:
Paul McAvinchey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:33:32 11/17/09 Tue

Check out the Diddlyi Irish Dance Christmas Catalogue here: http://mag.diddlyi.com/category/christmas-catalogue-2009/

We have put together a list of great gift ideas for Christmas from well known Irish dance vendors around the world. We will also be giving away loads of these gifts in the coming weeks to some lucky visitors.

Enjoy!

Paul from Diddlyi.com
Subject: Any news on the Eastern Canadian Os?

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:53:43 11/16/09 Mon

The Ceili results section on the Rince Pix blog doesn't seem to include the adult teams.

Any word from the O?
Replies:
Subject: 5-Panel Gavin $1500USD

Author:
ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:50:42 11/15/09 Sun

Beautiful purple 5-panel Gavin for sale.
Bust: 33"
Waist: 28"
Drop waist: about 30"
Arms: 23.5" Skirt: 15"
link to dress #4
http://dancingoneire.net/UsedDresses.aspx
Subject: Busch Gardens Williamsburg Seeks Superior Skilled Irish Dancers for 2010 Season

Author:
Paul Russell (Hire Dancers)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:23 11/13/09 Fri

Candidates must be of Open Championship level preferably World Qualifier or equivalent standard. Previous show experience and/or a background in performing arts are highly sought.
Full length photo, headshot and documents to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. are required. Resume should include name, address, phone and email address, height, show experience, schools attended and summary of most notable achievements. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Please visit our web site for additional audition requirements:

http://www.talentsearchbgw.com.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Entertainment Casting Director
One Busch Gardens Blvd.
Williamsburg, VA 23187
Audition Hotline: 800-253-3302
Subject: Stressed out?

Author:
Ally and Nic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:08:18 11/12/09 Thu

Of course you are, it's Oireachtas time! GOOD LUCK to all dancers competing at upcoming Oireachtasi, and all dance parents currently having anxiety attacks ;)

Would some free stuff help? Just tell us what's stressing you out over at our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Heart-That-Dance/9887371055

TWO gift certificates of $25 will be awarded, one by random draw and one for the best answer, as determined by how much it makes us giggle. We'll do the draw on November 20th, so folks can use their winnings for Christmas presents if they like.

And yes, the gift certificates are for the shop (http://www.iheartthatdance.com) and not for Starbucks or the liquor store, sorry. I'll see what I can do for next year, LOL.
Subject: ATTENTION ADULT CEILI TEAMS!! European Champions will be holding it's first adult ceili comp! See Voy board 219460 for details

Author:
Excited dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:10 11/11/09 Wed

Subject: Oireachtas Time!!!!

Author:
Damhsoir.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:18 11/10/09 Tue

It's that time of the year already!

Congratulations to those dancers who competed this past weekend at the Western Canadian Oireachtas and to Scoil Rince Clannad for their wins the the Ladies 8, Mixed 8 and 4 Hand competitions.

Good luck to the Eastern Canadian dancers who will be competing this weekend!

And then it's time for the Western Region, followed by the Mid-Atlantic and Mid-American Regions, and finally the Southern Region.

Go out there and show them what adult dancers can do!
Replies:
Subject: Old style question?

Author:
where should I start?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:48:21 10/29/09 Thu

Here's something that I read on the main message board:

["Some of the Older stuff was harder to do.
In reply to: not "very simple" 's message, "my teacher taught her old set to me. SHe won Nationals with it twice and it was during the "faster/slower" days. And MAN that thing was tricky. Wonderfully subtle bits of rhythm and each piece really had to be right on time." on 23:41:47 10/28/09 Wed

There was less Tricks and more solid dancing. So much of a step can be padded out to-day with various jumps and clicks. Back then it was based on Foot-work and Timing and rhythm and carriage and content of the steps.
As you say the steps are a lot trickier to do correctly and expertly."]

And the more I think about it, the more I wish I could learn stuff like that. Being that adults (and I compete as an adult) are being pushed out of the contemporary (and slow speed) stuff, maybe adults should take ID in a different direction, for us? Incorporating more traditional stuff into our steps?

I don't want to do easy stuff, but if the older stuff was as complicated as those posters implied, then I'd really like to learn it!
Replies:
Subject: Immigration

Author:
Aislin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:11:15 11/10/09 Tue

Hi everyone, I am doing college research on Irish immigration to the United States in the last twenty years. I am collecting data right now and have created an online survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=C8JgDls1EbymPIGYQuFQ3A_3d_3d If you immigrated to the U.S. from Ireland in the last twenty years I would greatly appreciate your taking my survey as it provides invaluable information for the study. As well I'd greatly appreciate it if you could pass this survey along to anyone else. Thank you.
Subject: Re the big apple feis - for those who were there last year

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:49:01 11/09/09 Mon

For those who did the big apple feis last year, I was just looking at last year's syllabus. Was the adult open championship open to all, for example, you could dance novice adult and then do the adult championship also? And, in the adult championship, are you allowed to dance slow hardshoe? If so, do you use a set, i.e., The Hunt or Miss Brown's Fancy, or do they just play a jig or hornpipe tune?

Thanks for any info you can share
Replies:
Subject: arm placement.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:03:05 11/09/09 Mon

dd starting to hold her arm out to one side please help
Replies:
Subject: Question about 2010 feiseanna

Author:
Hopeful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:33 11/08/09 Sun

Can anybody on this board say if the Big Apple feis or the Staten Island feis are going to happen in 2010? Hoping for more adult opportunities! do they have slow set specials in either of these?
Replies:
Subject: arm placement. my dd has begun to move her perfect arm out to the side any ideas

Author:
dn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:36:14 11/09/09 Mon

Subject: Moderator of Western Region Board

Author:
tb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:02:27 11/08/09 Sun

Does anyone know who the Moderator is on the Western Irish Dance Board?
Replies:
Subject: Our Gavin is on the way and we have decided to take a loss on our current dress to get it sold this week. Our loss your gain. Beautiful soft skirt solo dress for 16+. Listed on ebay for starting bid of $395.00 or buy it now $695. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380174742914

Author:
questions welcomed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:35 11/04/09 Wed

Subject: Does anyone know the dressmaker ? on www.irishads.ie type in tailoring and dresmaking in the search . Some lovely work

Author:
Eileen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:27 11/02/09 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Register now!!! - The Orlando Feis at Disney World

Author:
The Orlando Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:09:28 10/28/09 Wed

Register at www.feisworx.com The feis takes place on January 9th 2010.

New for this year: All levels for Adults - Beginner through Prizewinner.

And of course our fabulous new venue at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.® Call 407 939 1020 and ask for the Orlando Feis rate of $139. Visit our website at www.wattersschool.com
Subject: Gavin Dress

Author:
Dancer's Mom (Hopeful)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:07 10/26/09 Mon

Has anyone receive a Navy Velvet Gavin dress that is too long for them? It would have been last week. Wed, Thurs, or Friday.

There might have been a mix up with tracking numbers. I might have your dress
Subject: :-) New Irish Dancing CD now available

Author:
Aidan O'Neill
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:10:32 10/23/09 Fri

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know my new Irish Dancing CD is finally available. Sample tracks on my website if you want to listen: http://www.oneilldance.com/Index/New_CD.html

Contact me directly if you'd like to purchase a copy. They'll also be available from online retailers and dancing shops shortly.

Thanks, Aidan :-)
Subject: Interesting feis participation yesterday; never saw this before:

Author:
shaking my head
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:33:02 10/11/09 Sun

Someone on the Eastern region board asked, regarding results for the Ryan feis: what about 19&O open results? And the answer? There were none. No one 19&over danced; they didn't even get any to register!

Am I the only one who wants to shout to those who do this to, you know, make money: Hey, guys! Do you really think that there aren't any dancers 19&O? Or do you just do a pitiful job encouraging older dancers to stick with this?

This, in the same year that they shut down all slow-speed specials for adults.

There ARE older dancers out there, and you COULD do things to encourage us to keep competing. Yes, they'd have to take into consideration all our different levels and ages, but once you start talking about a feis without ANY 19 yr old dancers, well, is that the direction you really want to go in?
Replies:
Subject: any adult teams going to the Oir in Denver this year?

Author:
:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:14:05 10/12/09 Mon

Replies:
Subject: I have a pair of soft shoes adult size 7UK and hard shoes adult size 7.5UK for sale...

Author:
Email inside
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:02 10/17/09 Sat

I am not sure what brand soft shoes...
They say made in Ireland and size 7 and there is a stamp 9 1/2
which is the US size...Tan leather bottoms
They are in good condition...
Asking $25 includes shipping in U.S.

The hard shoes are Antonio Pacelli tan bottom Super-Flexi
They are size 7.5 UK...There is a 10D stamped on it US Size?
Heels and tips in excellent condition...
Duct tape residue on tips and heels...
Almost new condition...only worn to a few classes.
$65 includes shipping in U.S.
Replies:
Subject: Looking for a good Adult Feis in WR

Author:
PW
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:22:17 09/25/09 Fri

My dance buddy and I are looking for an adult-friendly feis in the WR in the first half of 2010. After gearing up and registering for a Portland, OR feis to be held in a week, I was so disappointed to find out (per Feisworx) that I would be competing against myself in 3-4 PW dances. I can do that at class and not pay an additional $60 for the privilege!!!!
Anyway, with no slow speed anymore, we'd like something that offers "outside the box" for adults, like a perpetual or unusual special (not another reel or treble reel, please!!). Sometimes it is hard to tell what all is offered by last year's info and perpetuals aren't usually listed anyways. We'd like a feis with a track record of at least 5 dancers in novice and PW competitions, because my buddy is working hard to move her dances up (before her body gives out) and I'd like to achieve countable firsts in PW before mine gives out. Thanks!!
Replies:
Subject: ROI Feis Hotel Website- Our hotel web page is now up. Check out all the info. for the Feis! Here is the address: http://cwp.marriott.com/phfcw/roifeis/

Author:
ROI Feis Info
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:18:37 10/03/09 Sat

Subject: Will Rince Na Tiarna be joining us at the Oireachtas again this year. The more the merrier!

Author:
MAR dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:38 09/27/09 Sun

Subject: Rhythm Of Ireland Feis-regular registration extended to 10/2/09, so finalize your choices and send them in. Late registration continues until Thursday, 8 October!

Author:
ROI Feis Info.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:52 09/25/09 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Saw this on the Eastern MB (hat tip to jeanne for posting it!):

Author:
No, I'm NOT quitting; I've got years left!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:03:13 08/25/09 Tue

Can I Grow Up To Be The Irish Dance Version Of Her?!
Replies:
Subject: ROI Feis Closing Soon

Author:
ROI Booster Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:21:43 09/15/09 Tue

Just a quick reminder that the ROI Feis in Williamsburg, VA will be closing on September 25.

Don't forget to get your discount one day pass to Colonial Williamsburg. Forms available at hotel registration or on our website www.roiboosterclub.org

We have also added a Halloween Treble Reel. Come help us celebrate 10 years of feising in Hampton Roads.
Replies:
Subject: The Rhythm Of Ireland Feis hotel has added 20 more rooms to our block at the Feis rate and extended the cut-off date to Monday 9/28. So please sign up and come join us in beautiful Williamsburg Virginia! Makes a Great 3 day mini vacation!

Author:
ROI Feis Info. (Hope to see you there!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:40:11 09/23/09 Wed

Subject: Feis Culkin Registration open Friday, September 18

Author:
culkinschool.com webmaster
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:55 09/13/09 Sun

The Culkin School of Traditional irish Dance is pleased to announce that Feis Culkin 2009 will be held on Sunday, November 1, 2009 at the Champions Field House in Rockville, Maryland.

Registration for Feis Culkin 2009 will open on Friday, September 18, 2009 at approximately 8 a.m. EDT through Feis Web, with payment by PayPal.

For adults, the Feis Culkin Adult Master Cup competition returns in 2009. Be sure to join us for this special competition highlighting adult dancers.

Visit http://www.feisculkin.info for up to date information, the downloadable syllabus, registration information, and links to follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
Subject: Did everyone start back at dance class yet? I haven't (and miss it badly; starts next week) I've forgotten all my steps, plus I think we might have a team for our Os this year!

Author:
excited and anxious to start
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:12 09/09/09 Wed

Replies:
Subject: How do the Ceili Club competitions work at All Irelands?

Author:
NN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:19 08/26/09 Wed

Referred to this board from the main Voy board--sorry for the re-post!!

Trying to learn more so maybe our growing adult program can compete in 2011.

Do many teams sign up? Is there a recall round? Any other information we should know about to start preparing?

The syllabus didn't have much information. =(
Replies:
Subject: Please join us Oct 17 &18 for the 10th Annual ROI Feis. Hotel info is at our website www.roiboosterclub.org/ROI_Feis_2009.html or follow us on twitter.com/ROIBoosterClub, for more updates. FYI: Adults dance Saturday night in the auditorium and awards ceremony is immediately after dancing.

Author:
Dancing Dance Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:32:26 08/10/09 Mon

Replies:
Subject: FEIS ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA

Author:
Becky Cunningham
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:30:52 08/23/09 Sun

Get your Halloween costumes ready and join us for our new feis dates--

Registration is now open at Feisworx for our 7th Feis Orange County (yes, 2 in one year!). The feis will be held on October 24 and 25, 2009.

We are returning to the Doubletree Hotel (the site of our February feis). The hotel address is Doubletree Hotel Anaheim/Orange County, 100 The City Drive, Orange, California. The hotel website is http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/SNACCDT-Doubletree-Hotel-Anaheim-Orange-County-California/index.do.

These are our new dates--we will no longer have a feis in February.

We have a fantastic group rate for hotel rooms of $99.00 ($20 less than the February room rate). The cut-off date for hotel reservations at this Irish dance rate is October 1, 2009.

The preliminary schedule is as follows:

SATURDAY: All championships, all ages; all championship specials; 13&O First Feis and 13&O Beginner through Prizewinner and special competitions; Catherine O’Connor Memorial Special, music competition, and all adult competitions will be held on Saturday, October 24, 2009.

SATURDAY: Halloween special--Our “fun” special danced to reel music. Halloween costume or attire must be worn. This special will be danced at the end of the day on Saturday.

SUNDAY: All U7 through U13 First Feis through Prizewinner and all U7 through U13 special competitions; and all Team Competitions will be held on Sunday, October 25, 2009.

I am aware that there may be Homecoming games and dances this weekend as well as SAT’s and will keep that in mind when the time schedule for the weekend is prepared. If this will affect your dancer, could you please e-mail me and let me know? My plan was to have the high school age dancers scheduled for the morning so they could go to Homecoming dances, but if more will be affected by SAT’s, I may need to change that.

You may register and pay for your entry at www.feisworx.com.

Information can be found by visiting our website at www.fearon-oconnor.com.

Additional questions can be directed to feisorangecounty@hotmail.com.

Get your pre-oireachtas dancing shoes ready and enjoy some Halloween fun and a great weekend in Orange County!
Subject: Peggy O'Neill

Author:
ACM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:30:29 07/27/09 Mon

Any word on who won the Peggy O'Neill trophy at Nation's Cap this year?
Replies:
Subject: The Mid-At. O syllabus is out...anyone see it?

Author:
anyone know for sure?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:49 08/22/09 Sat

Just wondering if it's a mistake, but the adult ceili four hands have 4 hand reel listed. I thought this year was Humors of Bandon?
Replies:
Subject: Can anyone recommend an adult-supportive school in the Denver, CO area? I have friend who is interested in starting Irish.

Author:
mp
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:11 08/05/09 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Rhythm Of Ireland Feis-Adult Comps Oct. 17th

Author:
Adult Competitor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:50:25 08/04/09 Tue

Would love to see lots of adult competitors come to this Feis!!
Great venue in Williamsburg and fun Sat. evening adult competitions.
Was great last year! Come join us and have lots of fun! Hope to see a lot of familiar faces there.
Subject: Irish Dance Wall Stickers - Get your own silhouettes!

Author:
Yvonne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:05:04 08/04/09 Tue

Hi, I am an Irish dancer and I am now selling the very first Irish Dance wall sticker set available on the web. Check it out on:
www.irishdancewallstickers.com
Subject: Red and white championship dress for sale! suitable for a teen dancer

Author:
Cathy Jones
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:13 08/02/09 Sun

A four panel dress with soft lace underneath. It is in excellent condition and extremely light weight to dance in. Bloomers, a custom Camelia Rose head piece, and a crystal number holder are included!

link to photos:

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/meaghan_27/Red%20and%20white%20dress/?action=view¤t=dressfordanceagiansite.jpg

price: CAD $1,200 shipping extra

Fit for a teen dancer. Email cathy_dinglebaycreations@yahoo.ca for measurements and any other questions. Thanks!
Subject: I am asking for help for a young girl to win the video contest by Irish Dancing ... i

Author:
Sean King = Sealgaire
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:41 07/29/09 Wed

I am sending this out once more asking for my friends to do me a great favor and vote both today and tomorrow

It is for a your girl to win a custom made Elevation dress .

Her name is Molly and she is one of six children . Four of them dance and we all know how much that cost for just one.

She is in such a very very tight race which ends tomorrow . If you would just take a second and go to the site and put a check mark beside her #4 and then go down to where it says vote under video 10 ..

But also make sure to watch the video as it is very funny indeed .

Ok here is the site .

http://irishdancing.com/?q=idmtv

I thank you all very much and you will make this young girl very happy if she wins.

If you would not mind to pass that on to every one on your mail list this will surely help Molly

God Bless

Sean and Anya
Subject: Read on dance.net: Gold Coast feis has slow speed for adults!

Author:
looks like this will be a "last chance" in WR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:52 07/27/09 Mon

"Any adults out there who have not registered for this feis? There are three registered for the slow hornpipe and four for the slow jig. We need a minimum of six for these two specials to happen. This could be one of our last chances to compete in slow speed! This is always a great feis, one of my favorites."

"August 1st is the registration deadline (without penalty). It's listed on feisinfo.com. I'm hoping there are a lot of last minute entries too and not just for the adults (though I did sign up for the slow jig special) - It's a great feis for all."
Replies:
Subject: Entries are still being taken until July 29 for the Catskills Feis. They have an adult championship comp. as well as

Author:
beginner and advanced comps.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:51:18 07/27/09 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Big price reduction on Solo Dress for adult or teenager. Beautiful colors and loads of crystals that make it really pop. Two peice. Great condition. LOW PRICE. On ebay - Item number: 250433879129

Author:
email questions
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:33:52 07/23/09 Thu

Subject: OK, gotta ask here...

Author:
just wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:32 07/14/09 Tue

I'm sure you've seen some of the upset on the other mb's about the high cost of Nationals 2010. I don't think anyone is happy about it, but are you upset enough about it to cause you not to go?

I think it might be different for adults - being that there aren't a lot of opportunities for us to compete at the high level, we're more likely to suck it up and do what we have to do? (For myself, that's kind of what I think my team will be doing. We missed NANs this year, so it's less of a financial sting for us)

How about you? Any chance that your team won't go to the next NANs because of the high cost?
Replies:
Subject: McNulty adults in Midwest?

Author:
Molly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:20 07/23/09 Thu

Does anyone have a photo of the costume McNulty adult dancers wear to compete? Thanks.
Replies:
Subject: Help!!

Author:
frustrated
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:04:12 07/20/09 Mon

I would love to get back in to dance again. I am in my late 20s and don't want to compete. can somebody give advice on where to start looking for adult classes? I am in Toronto, and there don't seem to be any around.
Replies:
Subject: Beginner dancer ready for hardshoes.

Author:
What do you think?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:56:23 07/08/09 Wed

Any suggestions? I know there are many vendors and each has a few choices, but I'm new at this, so I thought I'd ask here. What do you wear and what are the pros (and cons)?
Replies:
Subject: So far, 3 of 5 ladies teams placed: Victoria, Culkin & Celtic. All 3 mixed teams placed

Author:
So far...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:55:04 07/05/09 Sun

Replies:
Subject: New haven feis

Author:
Adult
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:35:34 05/27/09 Wed

Anybody going to the New Haven feis at the end of June? Do they get a decent amount of adults there? Was wondering what the stages were like. Outside venue ,right?
Replies:
Subject: What are some fun feises for Adults in the West Coast?

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:07 06/23/09 Tue

Replies:
Subject: O'leary Feis

Author:
adult
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:15:14 07/03/09 Fri

Hi everyone.
Dont give up on Niall O'Learys Feis. You know he is our biggest supporter.It will happen again but just at a different venue. It is in the planning stages now. Watch for posting :)
Replies:
Subject: NAIDC Lineups

Author:
ceili dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:10 07/02/09 Thu

Down in Nashville and found a program... Here are the lineups:

42 - Ladies Ceili

1 Victoria School of Irish Dance
2 Culkin School of Traditional Irish Dance A
3 Celtic Academy of Irish Dance
4 Scoil Rince Clannad
5 Culkin School of Traditional Irish Dance B

43 - Mixed Ceili

1 Scoil Rince Clannad
2 O'Rourke Academy of Irish Dancing
3 Glencastle Irish Dance

Start numbers for both competition are team #3

Good luck to all the dancers and have a safe trip to Nashville!
Replies:
Subject: Staten Island feis this year?

Author:
NE dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:50 05/09/09 Sat

can anybody say if the Staten island feis will be held this year, or is it more of an every other year event?
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.