VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

The Adult Irish Dancer Message Board
The place for all adult Irish dancers to discuss all things Irish dance

Subject: Hot discussion on adult dancers in "And Over" competitions on Voy Forum: http://www.voy.com/202463/. Post something to counter the ugly anti-adult comments!

Author:
SF Adult Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:53:49 08/26/10 Thu

Replies:
Subject: WWW.IRISHDANCETUNES.COM Is now live!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:
Irish Dance Tunes Team
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:01:52 09/01/10 Wed

Subject: When does your school start the fall term?

Author:
Jody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:18 08/31/10 Tue

My ballet school starts right after Labor Day, and my Irish school starts the week after that. I told my TCRG that I'm still interested in lessons, but I want to have my knee looked at first. The pounding my legs take in ID makes my knee more painful than other forms of exercise, but I'm hoping it's not a case where I have to quit ID.
Replies:
Subject: Please join us for NEW music competitions at the Wester US Pre-Oireachtas Championships & Feis

Author:
Suzanne Eraldi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:31 08/27/10 Fri

Annie McBride has ask me to please pass the word about the NEW music competitions that will be offered at the Western US Pre-Oireachtas Championship & Feis in Oakland California 0n Oct. 23rd and 24th.

Please see the first reply for more information!

We hope many will compete, and come to hear the fun!
Replies:
Subject: Nashville Music City Feis

Author:
Wendy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:36 08/27/10 Fri

The Nashville Music City Feis offers adult competitions at all levels, including a special competition called Adult Championship which is a soft shoe dance and a trad speed hard shoe dance. We'll be in the Nashville Convention Center in the heart of downtown! Register on efeis.com---deadline before late fee is 8/31/10.
Subject: Gorgeous, like new adult team dresses for sale, more inside

Author:
LuAnn O'Rourke-Boyd, ADCRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:01 08/12/10 Thu

I am selling 8 black velvet team dresses with red, white and green applique in excellent condition. They have white lace sleeves and capes with red trim, a sweetheart bodice and adorned with swarovsky crystals. They are in excellent condition and have magnificent stage pressence. We have eight of them ranging in size from 2-14. I also have an additional one that was made with a black sparkle veltet which was never worn. I would love to sell them as a group but willing to sell individually as they could be used as an adult solo dress as well. Please contact me for a photo if you are intersted. Asking $350
Replies:
Subject: whats the differences and requirements of Adult Beginner, Adult Advance and Adult CHampionships

Author:
back in the game
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:23:35 07/29/10 Thu

Replies:
Subject: An Rince Foirne / Ceili Book Workshop for TMRF/TCRG/ADCRG candidates to be held in Charlotte, North Carolina during the weekend of Oct 22 24.

Author:
More info below
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:03:41 08/16/10 Mon

This workshop will be held in conjunction with the Rince na h Eireann Charlotte Feis. TMRF/TCRG/ADCRG candidates are invited to participate in sessions covering all Ceili dances and traditional set dances expertly taught by Mary McElroy, ADCRG from Dublin. The feis stage schedule will be set up to support champion dancers who wish to participate in both events.
Cost of workshop (not including hotel fee) is $275 (US). The workshop will be held at the same location as the RNE Charlotte Feis. A flyer with schedule and hotel information along with an attached registration form can be found at http://www.rincenaheireann.com/rnefeis.html. Click on Ceili Book Workshop link on the feis page.
Come enjoy a tremendous opportunity to prepare for your TMRF/TCRG/ADCRG exam(s) as well as participate in one of the friendliest, best feisanna around! We look forward to meeting you in beautiful Charlotte, NC!!!
Replies:
Subject: Looking for school in the DC-area.

Author:
Laurie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:00 08/12/10 Thu

Hi,

I saw a post below from someone looking for an adult school in the DC-area. I relocated to the area a couple years ago and have been out of dance since then. Of course, seeing all the posts about competitions have made me realize how much I miss Irish dancing.

Like the previous poster, I too stopped competing in championships. Obviously I don't expect to jump back into Prelim but I would, eventually, like to compete at the Oireachtas (even if this meant starting in adult competitions and working my way up to dropping down--if that makes any sense).

I'm living in Northern Virginia now and would consider commuting to the District or Maryland for the right school.

Fully aware things can get nasty on the boards when looking for information about schools, I've included my e-mail address. Please let me know if you think any particular school would be a decent fit. Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.
Replies:
Subject: I've entered a scholarship contest irish dancing and would love your votes! The link is http://apps.facebook.com/wowcanada/promotions/detail/25387 and it only takes a second! Thanks a million!

Author:
Laura
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:35:25 08/03/10 Tue

Subject: *HULLACHAN PROS 39.00*

Author:
The Irish Jig Shop
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:46:25 07/29/10 Thu

*AUGUST DEALS @ THE IRISH JIG SHOP*

We are pleased to announce that for the whole month of August our Hullachan Pro Pumps will be available to buy for just 39.00.

We have a wide variety of sizes and widths and have a large stock of sizes ranging from a small size 10 to an adult size 7. Most sizes are also available in Narrow, Medium, and Wide fitting.

Please visit us at www.theirishjigshop.co.uk or call the shop on 01236443399 to order and arrange delivery of this fantastic offer.

DON'T MISS OUT - HURRY WHILE STOCKS LAST!

The Irish Jig Shop x
Subject: Did Nations Capital Feis offer the adult special again?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:56 07/25/10 Sun

If so, who won?
Replies:
Subject: Looking For Advanced Adult Classes In Maryland

Author:
Lizzy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:32:35 07/12/10 Mon

I am looking to start some adult classes somewhere in the Baltimore or D.C. area. I haven't danced in 5 years, but when I stopped dancing I was in open championship. I'm probably pretty rusty, but I know I will shape up fast. Any suggestions of where I can take classes?
Thanks!
Replies:
Subject: Dongan Feis

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:46:23 07/14/10 Wed

Stage schedule is up on our website www.donganfeis.org

Under "Feis Information" tab there is also a menu posted of food available.

All stages will be 2 dancers at a time.

Doors open at 8 am.

We will start at 9 am SHARP. Competitions will be run such that breaks will be minimized, so please pay attention to your stages.

Lastly, please note the state has increased the parking fee to $5, and plan accordingly as there may be traffic getting into the Visitor's Lot of the convention center.
Subject: Well, any results from the Adult Ceili Competitions at Nationals?

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:04 07/05/10 Mon

Replies:
Subject: congrats to the Bremer adult ladies 4-hands, especially the one coming home with a silver medal

Author:
so proud of you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:15:36 02/21/10 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Saw this on another message board:

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:30:05 07/03/10 Sat

Anyone know how many adult ceili teams (ladies and mixed) there are at NANS? -- please and thank you!, 08:34:05 07/03/10 Sat

Replies:

* Hardly any. Comp #42, Adult Ladies Ceili has 2 teams listed: O'Rourke (NY) and VSID (British Columbia). Comp #43 Adult Mixed Ceili has 3 teams: Kennedy Team A & Team B (NY), O'Rourke (NY). (NT) -- here, 08:47:34 07/03/10 Sat

o Not the op, but thanks...as an adult dancer who couldn't go this year, I like to hear about the adult ceili. While we've never had numbers in the double digits, we've often had 5 to 7 per competition; sad to see so few, but maybe it's the location? (NT) -- thanks
Replies:
Subject: Nation's Cap -- wondering

Author:
local dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:06 06/21/10 Mon

I've entered this feis. I recently checked the adult numbers in my events and they seem to be down. Do you think it's because of the "family fee" or just the economy?

I'm definitely not a fan of the "family fee" because I don't bring a horde of people, but I'm sucking this one up.
Replies:
Subject: Saw this on dance.net

Author:
what do you think?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:38 07/01/10 Thu

hard shoe two hand

Notice a couple of things: One is they're great dancers, in a very traditional way, but they are definitely adults!
Second is check out her shoes! From what I can tell, they are still like hardshoes but with the arch cut away, as well as most of the back. Less support, but more flexibility?
And third, while their steps are easier in one way, in another way they seem so precise and very fast and certainly very beautiful.
Replies:
Subject: Rockland County Feis Question

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:40:02 06/27/10 Sun

To those adults who have done this feis in the past, does the feis stay on schedule pretty well? Based on the syllabus, it looks like the adults would dance around noon or a little later (after the younger grades compete). Am I estimating the starting time all right?
Replies:
Subject: OK, it's just around the corner and I haven't heard anything from the adults: who's going to nationals?!? Any mixed or ladies teams out there making the trip to Orlando? And if you are, will you tell us all about it?!

Author:
go, adults!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:33 06/24/10 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Dongan Feis

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:53 06/26/10 Sat

Hi,

I'd just like to mention the Dongan Feis in Albany July 17 has adult comps. As an adult dancer myself, I am surprised to see that no adult dancers have registered! Please do so, or I will have a hard time justifying keeping any adult categories for next year!

Thanks,
Dongan Feis Secretary

Dongan Feis Website
Replies:
Subject: And-over/adult topic on New England board- anyone planning to attend the Catskill feis? Maybe we could make enough numbers to make this viable.

Author:
Adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:22:41 06/18/10 Fri

Here's a copy of a thread from the New England Voy board that might be of interest. Basically the catskill feis just changed the syllabus to make an over 18 category for prelim. They were asked if they would consider doing that for all the grades, make an over 18 category rather than having "beginner and advanced" groups for adults. Jeanne Farrell said she would consider it if the numbers would support it. What I'm wondering is, are there any adults planning to go to this feis? I guess it would take a good group to give us 5 dancers for each over 18 category, but maybe it could be done.

Author:
jeanne farrell
[ Edit | View ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: 20:58:35 06/17/10 Thu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because some people asked so nicely, the Catskill Feis syllabus has been changed to include an over 18 prelim. Currently the over 16 has been changed to over 16/under 18. The competition #s have been changed on the syllabus @ www.catskillfeis.com

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Replies:
I was wondering, as an adult dancer who dances in the and-over group in Novice - more inside... -- and-over adult, (here is the rest of the message) - would you ever consider making over 18 the top age group in the beginnner through Prizewinner classes, rather than having a separate competition for the adults? This way, those adults who get lumped into the "advanced" category could go into their appropriate class (novice, prizewinner, etc) and compete against others the same level they are. Also,whoever was lucky enough to place first (or 1st, 2nd, 3rd in advanced beginner) could move up!

I commend you for making an over 18 prelim category. Many times I've had older girls (in their 20s) who stopped dancing when they graduated high school, tell me they would like to go back to dancing, but I think they either feel intimidated by dancing with 16-year-olds (join the club!) or that maybe it is somehow inappropriate for them to still be dancing. It's my hope that Irish Dance can spread its wings to embrace these older "kid" dancers, as well as people who come to the sport as adults. We too have aspirations and dreams of advancing ourselves to someday get that first place trophy.

22:40:21 06/17/10 Thu
honestly, it would be considered if we had the entries to support it...we've looked at entries for previous years and it would only impact 1 or 2 people (NT) -- jeanne farrell,

06:53:17 06/18/10 Fri
Well said "and-over adult". As the mom of an older OC dancer, I have seen many of her prelim friends drop out of dance because with college, etc., they just cannot compete with the 16 yr ols. Regardless of what year it is, the 16-17 yr olds are a tough and talented group. Kudos to them but I hate the see older dancers feel they have no place in dance anymore. (NT) -- momof2, 10:05:19 06/18/10 Fri
Replies:
Subject: Historic Savannah Feis

Author:
Feis Chairs
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:38:16 06/24/10 Thu

Information on the Historic Savannah Feis can be found on eFeis and www.historicsavannahfeis.com We hope to see you in Savannah, GA on August 7th. Thanks and Good Luck at Nationals!
Subject: New Haven Feis anyone?

Author:
kbm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:00 06/13/10 Sun

Is anyone planning on going to the New Haven Feis at the end of June? Last year there were 15 (!!!) adults, including some gents, competing and it was a lot of fun. Just wondering!
Replies:
Subject: Concerning dress length: I attended a small feis on Sat (4/24) and the shortest dress I saw was on an Adult Dropped-Down Novice. Barely below panty line in back.

Author:
Micro-Mini solo dresses
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:22 04/26/10 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Due to the high demand, Feistan has opened morning appointments for Tuesday July 6th at the 2010 NANs.

Author:
The Tan Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:52 06/13/10 Sun

To schedule appointments and for more information, visit us at
http://www.feistan.com
Subject: Don't know about you guys, but I was looking forward to adult ceili dancers hitting the Strip in Vegas.

Author:
disappointed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:50 05/23/10 Sun

Unfortunately, with the news that NAIDC 2011 is headed back to Nashville, that won't be the case.

We skipped Orlando this year with plans to make the trip to Vegas. I guess we'll just have to head back to Tennessee next year.

Anyone else sorry to hear this? (Official announcement on idtana.org)
Replies:
Subject: New facebook Group been set up to help people sell their dresses - http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=133111813372307 - there is no fee just post your dress image with your contact details and the buyer can contact you directly -- 2nd hand dresses for sale,

Author:
Dresses for Sale
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:00:07 06/10/10 Thu

Subject: Nation's Capital

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:37:15 06/04/10 Fri

Anyone else planning on attending? This used to be a great feis for adults and I'm hoping the numbers will be good again this year. How about it?
Replies:
Subject: Nation's Cap feis registration is open . . .

Author:
Jody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:09:54 05/04/10 Tue

. . . on Feisworx.

They're doing a $20 family fee this year -- I don't like it, since I don't bring a spectator, but I guess there's nothing that can be done.
Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know when the adults are dancing at Old Dominion this year? It used to be in the evening, but it's a different venue this year. Thanks.

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:26 05/15/10 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Rhythm of Ireland feis

Author:
Roberta
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:43:35 06/01/10 Tue

2010 Rhythm of Ireland feis is now open for registration. Any problems with registration, please contact me at registrar@roiboosterclub.org.
Subject: Saw this on the main message board:

Author:
I can dream, right?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:13 05/28/10 Fri

Just for fun - I was reading the message about the switch in venues for NANs next year and noticed a line about new competitions being added. Does anyone have a guess as to what the new competitions would be? Or what would you like to see? -- ECR, 07:57:59 05/26/10 Wed

And some said they thought it might be a traditional set competition. Couldn't help but think: If it were, imagine if they opened it to adults! How awesome would that be?!
Replies:
Subject: Due to the overwhelming response for air brush spray tan appointments, Feistan has added more time slots to the schedule.

Author:
The Tan Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:28 05/28/10 Fri

Visit us at http://www.Feistan.com to book your appointment and for more information.
Feistan will be on site at the Swan and Dolphin for the 2010 North American Nationals.
Subject: Rockland Cty feis- I see beginner and advanced for adults. Guess advanced wuld mean anything from advanced beginner on up. Have others been to this feis? What's it like? lots of competitors? Looks like it's outside.

Author:
:}
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:03:06 05/16/10 Sun

Replies:
Subject: The year is wearing on and no announcement. Guess the Staten Island feis is not happening this year? Rats

Author:
:(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:50 05/26/10 Wed

Subject: Hello. Does anyone know who the adjudicator was for the adults at the Sheahan-Gormley Feis (not for the championship)? Thanks.

Author:
adult dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:05 05/11/10 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Stunning Loretta dress for sale - 650 ono

Author:
Lydie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:52:29 05/10/10 Mon

Made by Loretta Mauriello from London and worn a handful of times. More than 300 crystals have been added. There are no stains, no missing crystals. It has been stored flat in its dress cover, in a smoke and pet free house.
Bodice is yellow velvet with white embroideries and purple crushed velvet
It looks fabulous on stage, many compliments, included from adjudicators.

The dress would fit a dancer 5'5''approximately

- bust: 33 - 34
- natural waist: 28 - 29
- drop waist: 33
- shoulder to shoulder (at the back): 16
- sleeves: 23 - 24
- skirt: 13 1/2
- total lengh: 30 1/2

Asking 650 / $1025 / 750 or near offer + shipping
Feel free to make an offer

Listed on dance-again #1917
http://www.dance-again.com/X1917.html

Main index ] [ Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.