|Subject: Big Apple Feis|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 03:45:12 03/30/09 Mon
To Una & the organizers of the Big Apple Feis:
Thank you for a great day! The venue was fantastic - to be able to dance solo on an "Oireachtas" stage was an experience that we adults don't get too often (if at all). The Adjudicators & Musicians were wonderful - very warm & receptive to us old folks. The schedule was also very adult-friendly. I say that because when the adults dance in the morning, we're usually followed by the kids, so towards the end of our competition, the room is filled with MAIDs with "delightful" expressions of "Are they done yet?", and "Adults? Oh, Pu-leeze".
I was also there on Saturday with my DD, and she really enjoyed it because it had the energy and feel of the Oireachtas. (She liked it so much that she tagged along with me on Sunday to watch her school-mates compete!).
I certainly hope that you plan to do this again next year - perhaps we can talk this up & get more adults to compete.
- Any results? -- curious, 06:38:22 03/30/09 Mon
- Wow, sounds awesome! -- gotta try this next year!, 06:53:04 03/30/09 Mon
- Sounds like this one is worth adding to next year (NT) -- sorry I missed it this year!, 08:48:34 03/30/09 Mon
- So, did adults get those crystal awards? Or did they stick you with medals? My dd got the apple and loved it, but it's not the kind of thing they usually hand out to adults (NT) -- lots of crystal for kids, 09:21:15 03/30/09 Mon
- I have a question; I happened to be able to catch the beginning of these comps and I saw some of the adult championship. I thought the rule was no slow speed for adults, in levels and championships?? -- trad speeds only?, 10:24:10 03/30/09 Mon
- Championship results?? (NT) -- anyone? please?, 08:12:15 03/31/09 Tue