VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

23/07/03 14:51:33Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

Trapper Archive Forum, please do not post here
Welcome to our archive forum. The Owners Association functions through interraction with each other on our boards. This board is now archive only, please start and continue discussions on our new board, http://tallshipsailing.co.uk/trapperyachts/yabb/YaBB.pl Post questions, help provide answers, organise meets.
Return to the Trapper Owners website

Subject: trapper t28 forsale

Author:
graham atkinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20/10/03 23:12:56

I have got Trapper tass under offer forsale,due to arrival of a fishing boat.she built 1968.she was surveyed last year.1gm yanmar major overhaul <800gbp) spent on it.antifouled in may.2 new batterys.brand new garmin 152 gps.brand new nasa dsc vhf.brand new tp20 autopilot.brand new propshaft and anode.all fenders nav lights.all ropes anchor and chain,full set flares 2 fire exstingusers.cooker.mainsail no3 jib no1 genoa and much more.,she is lying isle of man,phone for pictures or email.mobile 07624466042...5400gbp ONO.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Clyde area Trappers

Author:
Keith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15/05/06 20:51:35

Hi, just wondered if there are any other trapper owners sailing about the clyde area.

Replies:
Subject: Trapper 501 Bilge Keel for sale

Author:
nick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14/02/04 23:26:02

Securus is for sale.

Trapper 501, Bilge keel. 1981 #512. Hull last surveyed for osmosis in 99 and found to be clear, subsequently re gelshielded.

recent 1GM10 c/w new prop and shaft. Aluminium fuel tank. recent Jekkell main, and fitted with Hood foresail and furling gear. Spare main, crusing chute with snuffer, spinnaker, storm jib.

New Jabsco toilet, also fitted with catalytic gas heater.

Nasa Target Log and Depth, Garmin 128 GPS fitted at nav station with Simrad cockpit repeater.

Well proven boat looking for new owner. 17500. lying afloat, Poole.

Contact Nick by phone, 07785 924577 or email nickm2001@hotmail.com

Replies:
Subject: Replacement stemhead for Trapper 300

Author:
Jon Knight
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11/03/04 16:22:13

I'vejust bought a Trapper 300 called "Reefer". Have to say I'm very happy with her. The survey I had done came back with a number of minor issues.. one of which was the forestay eye bolt which the the surveyer thought was inadequate. I'm now in the process of getting a Furlex roller reefing system fitted, and the rigging chap who's fitting it has suggested that I replace this eye bold with a new stemhead.

If anyone can give me any information on who might do this, how much they might charge / any plans I'd be really grateful!

Subject: Trapper 950 For Sale

Author:
Brian James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 1/08/03 14:53:23

'Alerion of Adur' is regrettably looking for a new owner as this family owned boat is too large and lively for the remaining active owner. She has been cruised to Holland, France, Channel Islands and west country as well as our home base the Solent. We have owned her for 15 years and had lots of success club and organised racing, but now it is time to go for something smaller 27/28ft?? Pictures are available on the Trapper 950 web site. This is a rare opportunity to buy one of only nine 950s made before the builders got into trouble. Based in Gosport and asking 17,500. email me or call mobile 07885 426 781 for a detailed spec.
Brian James

Replies:
Subject: Trapper 501 engine replacement

Author:
Paul Britton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15/01/07 15:18:23

Can anyone suggest a suitable engine alternative for my 1980 Trapper 501 which is, at present, fitted with a Volvo 8hp. I note from the websit that some members have fitted a 15hp Nannai; others a Beta 13.5. I was hoping to fit a 20hp. Is this possible? Have looked at the Beta 20 but engine fitter says this is not possible without substantial modifications.

Replies:
Subject: Trapper Draft

Author:
Mark Randles
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 9/03/07 18:52:43

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if the Trapper 500/501 had the option of a shallow keel or are they all the same?

Regards.
Mark

Subject: trapper 501 twin keel wanted

Author:
Tony Davies
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 28/01/07 0:37:24

Hello, I'm looking for a trapper 501 twin keel to buy. Preferably in good condition but will consider anything if the price is right - in UK or northern Europe.

Subject: Trapper 501Rudder

Author:
Norman Clarke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11/07/04 18:48:34

I urgently need a new rudder for a Trapper 501 after "Second Prospector's" fell of 6 miles out of Cherbourg. Second Prospector is now in Cherbourg & I am in the UK.
Can anyone help - Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: http://tallshipsailing.co.uk/trapperyachts/yabb/YaBB.pl

Author:
nick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10/03/07 19:54:57

Postings to the new board only please... http://tallshipsailing.co.uk/trapperyachts/yabb/YaBB.pl

Replies:
Subject: TS240 Mylar No.1 genoa for sale

Author:
Giles
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 7/10/06 15:32:57

I have a spare No.1 genoa for my TS240 which is surplus to requirements. It is a virtually unused mylar sail. Any interest to anyone?

I'm looking for 120

Giles

Replies:
Subject: Suzuki Outboard engines

Author:
Brian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13/02/04 16:02:51

Do we have any Suzuki outboard engine experts out there ?

I have a Suzuki DT4 which I brought to use on my tender. I think I may have a problem with it, but I'm not sure. It looks like new and is very clean, it started second pull in the test tank BUT, I think there may be a water circulation problem. There's a stubby little pipe coming out the bottom/rear side of the top casing with about 2" of rubber pipe on it. I'm guessing this may be the cooling water outlet/tell-tale but don't know. Anyway, the bottom line is that only steam seems to come out of it when the engine is running. I only ran the engine for a few minutes to avoid any chance of damage and can't seen any sign on the engine as to where the water outlet may be (I think it may get mixed with the exhaust). The cylinder head also seemed too get too hot for my liking.

Ayyway, anyone here know about these engines, do they have a thermostat which could be jammed, is the pipe on the casing a telltale and so should water be coming out of it, I'm guessing that a new impeller is a good idea but does anyone have a manual or any good other ideas ?

Thanks, Brian ('70 T28 "Blazer")

Replies:
Subject: Moorings for a T28 in Dorset (Weymouth ?)

Author:
Brian Warburton
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 27/10/06 10:19:28

After literally years of searching for a new home, I have finally bought a small place with a few acres just north of Bridport, Dorset.

My T28 Blazer has happily bobbed away on her mooring in Gosport during the last 8 years that I have owned her, but now of course she needs to be moved. My nearest harbour Bridport (West Bay) dries as do most of the Lyme bay harbours so I guess she needs to be in Weymouth which is 20 miles east of me or Portland which is presumably cheaper. Anybody have any ideas on mooring prices and/or decent sailing clubs in the Weymouth area ?

Regards, Brian (1970 T28 "Blazer")

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2345678910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.