VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

23/07/03 14:51:33Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3456789 ]
Subject: Re: Trapper 300 wiring

Author:
Ian
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14/04/06 1:16:21
In reply to: John Woodhouse 's message, "Re: Trapper 300 wiring" on 13/04/06 18:19:52

Hi

The Bow and Stern lights are fine but at some stage the previous owner has given up on the deck fittings and has left a small length of wire poking through the deck near the mast step for the UHF aerial and another for the wind sensor. These are then soldered to the corresponding wires protruding from the mast when the mast is restepped each season.

I'm not at all happy with this solution and would like to re-route the wires for VHF, wind and masthead light through proper deck fittings. I'm just not sure of the most practical way of accessing the underside of the deck to do the work. The existing wires seem to run between the deck and internal grp moulding you described. I'd like to get access to see if the existing (aged) deck fittings can be replaced so no new holes are needed (if possible) but the only way seems to be to hack a hole in the grp moulding near the mast step?

I'm in Troon - and I suspect you aren't very close, although I appreciate the offer. :-)

Regards Ian

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Trapper 300 wiringJohn Woodhouse16/04/06 19:57:31

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.