VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

23/07/03 14:51:33Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3456789 ]
Subject: Re: T500 Rudder

Author:
Graham H
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 6/05/06 20:19:18
In reply to: Richard Swire 's message, "T500 Rudder" on 4/05/06 17:26:56

Presumably you have removed the collar from the top of the shaft. I recently had difficulty in doing just this, until I discovered that the shaft was distorted to an oval shape, because of the amount I had tightened the main bolt holding the tiller.

When I eventually got the rudder out, I squeezed the top of shaft in a vice to get rid of the distortion & all is now OK. The rudder has always virtually fallen out once the collar was off.

You may laugh but I take my rudder out every year when I lay up ashore, then stand it upside down & let the water drain out!! Sounds bizarre but I'm not sure about the condition of the stainless steel welds inside, so it make sense to give it a fighting chance!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: T500 Rudderbrian henry 7/05/06 8:16:41

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.