VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

23/07/03 14:51:33Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3456789 ]
Subject: Re: Trapper 500

Author:
Peter Seddon
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 9/05/06 13:46:16
In reply to: Philip Watts 's message, "Trapper 500" on 8/05/06 15:03:59

The vessel is pretty much bomb proof - but one thing to watch out for is the stanchion bases. They are bolted straight to the deck and the stresses over the years can cause leaks. On my 500 I have had most of them re-inforced with a large GRP backing plate. Other owners have removed the old ones and had toe rail mounted stanchions installed instead.

You will also find that there is a constant weep of a tarry like substance from between the deck and hull moulds. This seems to be a "feature" all 500's suffered from and so far has not been something to worry about.

Apart from that they are great little crafts and I have had no major problems with mine in the 7 years I have owned her.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Trapper 500Philip 9/05/06 15:32:08
Re: Trapper 500John Woodhouse 9/05/06 21:51:38
Re: Trapper 500garyrowitt15/05/06 20:21:51

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.