VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

23/07/03 14:51:33Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3456789 ]
Subject: Re: Prop Info/Trapper 28

Author:
nick
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21/05/06 12:30:58
In reply to: colum Mcevoy 's message, "Prop Info/Trapper 28" on 20/05/06 21:44:15

The prop needs to be matched to the engine, rather than the boat, though making allowances for the space available.

Your nanni handbook should give you guidance on what diameter/ pitch combinations are suitable and whether or not they are left or right hand.

When it comes to the shaft, the diameter sounds fine but you need the taper on the end to match the prop, that will probably mean taking it out and getting it measured unless you can do that yourself. Alternatively take the old prop to the new prop supplier to get the taper checked.

I did once get a new prop machined using a wax plug, as a guide, that I had cast in the old prop during low water, so that I didn't lose the use of the engine for any length of time and didn't need the boat hauled out.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.