VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

THIS FORUM HAS MOVED TO: spokenlikeatruesmartass.com

Welcome to Crzy House!

The New Updated
CRZY HOUSE Centerfold Parade

No one runs a campaign like our very own Lance.
Visit his hilarious official campaign web site!
Friends of Lance

Letters For Robbie Kirkland
A 14 year old boy who took his life because of homophobia.

Flowers For Robbie
Every year people from Crzy House have flowers put on Robbie's grave.

Read about & Report Hatecrimes Here

Would you like to see gays have equal rights in your lifetime?
Then DO SOMETHING! VOTE!
Your Vote Counts!

If you're born a lion don't bother trying to act tame
~ Ani DiFranco

Is life too serious?
Then visit
Drew and Crz's Advice
Hilarious "compassionate" words of wisdom from two superheros

Now on sale
Bigoted Scouts of America Tee Shirts
If you want one send me an E-mail
xcrzypunx@hotmail.com

It has to start somewhere,
it has to start sometime,
What better place than here,
what better time than now

~Rage Against The Machine

Please visit my memorial site for Matthew Shepard
Remembering Matthew

In Memory Of Justin The Okie
We miss you.

~The End~

While we may be lighthearted at times, the core mission of this MB is serious gay activism. While this is an online community, it is primarily a tool to disseminate information regarding the latest in gay rights issues. Unnecessary distractions are not only unwelcome, but will be removed at the discretion of the board administrators.

Want to get involved in "arm chair" activism?
click here
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Proudly engaging others in tense, unproductive political arguments that break down into embarrassing exchanges of personal attacks since the year 2000!" (Just kidding!)
**Be cool**

• From the Drudge Report "The proof that Saddam worked with bin Laden" -- Dante, 10:20:09 04/27/03 Sun
    (Was there ever any doubt that "evidence" would be found? The war hawks and the US media will be all over this. It's interesting how all evidence was either "whited out" or "unnamed" yet this is trumpeted as conclusive proof much like the faked documents before the war were sited by President Bush as justification for war.)

The proof that Saddam worked with bin Laden
    By Inigo Gilmore
    (Filed: 27/04/2003)

Iraqi intelligence documents discovered in Baghdad by The Telegraph have provided the first evidence of a direct link between Osama bin Laden's al-Qa'eda terrorist network and Saddam Hussein's regime.

Papers found yesterday in the bombed headquarters of the Mukhabarat, Iraq's intelligence service, reveal that an al-Qa'eda envoy was invited clandestinely to Baghdad in March 1998.

The documents show that the purpose of the meeting was to establish a relationship between Baghdad and al-Qa'eda based on their mutual hatred of America and Saudi Arabia. The meeting apparently went so well that it was extended by a week and ended with arrangements being discussed for bin Laden to visit Baghdad.

The papers will be seized on by Washington as the first proof of what the United States has long alleged - that, despite denials by both sides, Saddam's regime had a close relationship with al-Qa'eda.
    (story continued in reply)

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Would you hire this man? -- lokisdad, 15:13:08 04/25/03 Fri
    George W. Bush Resume

Past work experience:

· Ran for congress and lost.

· Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

· Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

· Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax-payer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago White Sox.

· With fathers help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.

Accomplishments: Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

· Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as president:

· Attacked and took over two countries.

· Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.

· Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.

· Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

· Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

· First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

· First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

· First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.

· After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.

· Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.

· In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.

· Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.

· Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.

· Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.

· Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

· Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.

· Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

· Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

· Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

· Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind. (http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches/)

· Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

· My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.

· Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleeza Rice has an Chevron oil tanker named after her).

· First president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.

· Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.

· First president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.

· Created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

· Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.

· First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.

· First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.

· Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

· Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

· Withdrew from the World Court of Law.

· Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

· First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).

· All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

· My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

· Spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

· First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nation against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

· First president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

· First US president to establish a secret shadow government.

· Took the biggest world sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

· With a policy of 'dis-engagement' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

· Fist US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

· First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

· Changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

· Set all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling huge investments in corporations bidding for government contracts.

· Failed to fulfill my pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'.

· Failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the United States Capitol building. After 18 months I have no leads and zero suspects.

· In the 18 months following the 911 attacks I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

· Removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

· In a little over two years created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided the US has ever been since the civil war.

· Entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

Records and References:

· At least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

· AWOL from National Guard and Deserted the military during a time of war.

· Refuse to take drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

· All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

· All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

· All minutes of meetings for any public corporation I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public view.

· Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and un-available for public review.

· For personal references please speak to my daddy or uncle James Baker (They can be reached at their offices of the Carlyle Group for war-profiteering.)

A BUZZFLASH READER COMMENTARY

Replies:

• Cut and Paste News -- Drew Greyfox, 12:31:48 04/26/03 Sat
    I haven't found any articles online about it yet, but I saw in the newspaper yesterday that while giving a speech in Ohio, Bush said that US troops may not find ANY chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons in Iraq. So far the search has failed to turn up even a trace of weapons of mass destruction and now the Bushies are trying to put their spin on that. Every reason they have ever given for this war has had more holes then a screen door. And now that they are coming up empty handed after passing off such lies as "we know they have the weapons and we know where they are" or "we are very confident we will find WMD" and "it may take 3-4 months", they are simply shifting the story once again. This time Bush claims that all Saddam's weapons must have been destroyed before or during the war.

Those weapons must have been one hell of a big threat if the worlds most powerful intelligence organizations and military are unable to find even a trace of their existence. But then again, no proof needs to be found when you can just lie through your teeth and have the sheep believe anything you say. The American people should be ashamed of themselves.

Replies:

• The dixie chicks take on their critics -- Rob, 21:07:00 04/25/03 Fri

Click here for the Entertainment Weekly article

PHYSICAL GRAFITTI The Chicks (Robison, Maines, and Maguire) face up to controversy

PHYSICAL GRAFITTI The Chicks (Robison, Maines, and Maguire) face up to controversy

Replies:

• *comes in dancin'* I FEEL GOOOOOOOOOOOOD! -- Drew's Baby Boy (aka Nick), 19:05:02 04/16/03 Wed
    Well, I just got back from the office at my apartment complex, and they informed me that Drew and I were approved and all that good stuff!!!! We have the date set, the truck reserved, and we are definitely getting the apartment, so IT'S REALLY GONNA HAPPEN......WE'RE FINALLY GONNA GET TO MOVE IN TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW! (Sorry, I AM still a Texan deep down inside!)

Drew will be starting the trek to Austin on June 3rd or 4th and we'll be starting our life together! I can't even begin to describe how good I feel right now. So much has gone into making this happen, and we've come a LOOOOOONG way in the past year. We have been waiting for this for quite a while now.

Anyway, I could ramble on for days about it, but I won't bore y'all to death! =P But, I had to dance around somewhere, and Crzy just seemed the natural place to do it....hehe

*hugs for everyone* Love y'all! Especially my baby. *giggles*

Replies:

• Jay Leno actually said something funny -- Mike, 19:30:08 04/25/03 Fri
    "Republican Senator Rick Santorum said that he doesn't have a problem with homosexuals. He just has a problem with homosexual acts.

Well maybe that's just because he's doing it wrong."

Replies:

• Gays Stage Protest As Cracks Appear In Santorum Support -- Drew Greyfox, 08:40:00 04/25/03 Fri
    Gays Stage Protest As Cracks Appear In Santorum Support

by Paul Johnson
    365Gay.com Newscenter
    Washington Bureau Chief

April 24, 2003
    6:58 p.m. ET/+5GMT/-3PT

(Washington, D.C.) Small cracks have begun to appear in the tacit support Republicans have shown by their silence about Sen Rick Santorum's anti-gay statements this week.

Four days after an interview the Pennsylvania Republican gave to the Associated Press in which he equated homosexuality with incest, polygamy and incest, two GOP senators have spoken out.

In the AP interview, Santorum called gay sex "deviant" behavior that threatens to "undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family." (story)

Thursday afternoon more than 200 people demonstrated in Philadelphia's Center City to protest against Santorum's assessment of gays.

The protest staged by gay rights organizations, the National Organization of Women (NOW) and Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) demonstrated at the intersection of Broad and Chestnut streets.

Following publication of the story Republicans refused to comment, and Santorum maintained he would not issue an apology. . (story) One of Santorum's few public supporters was Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn). Wednesday he said Santorum is not a homophobe but would not comment on the interview.

Thursday marked the first open rebuke of Santorum. Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) called the remarks "unfortunate" and said they "undermine Republican principles of inclusion and opportunity."

Sen. Lincoln Chafee (R-Rhode Island) released a similar statement Thursday.

"I thought his choice of comparisons was unfortunate and the premise that the right of privacy does not exist -- just plain wrong," he said. "Senator Santorum's views are not held by this Republican and many others in our party."

Santorum is chairman of the Republican Conference, the GOP's No. 3 Senate post.

Snowe and Chafee are both moderates within their party but their comments are nonetheless noteworthy. With the story now being covered on a daily basis by mainstream media, including the Washington Post and CNN, Republican pollsters are trying to determine which way the national wind is blowing.

The GOP analysts are concentrating their questions on America's large swing vote. The undecided voters are said to be key to Republicans staying in the majority of both houses in Congress. If the numbers show a large number of people "uncomfortable with Santorum's remarks you will see more strident criticism by more in the party," said one GOP source.

[One of the reasons I hate politics, where opinion and getting re-elected are more important then doing the right thing.]

The party operative pointed to the silence that at first greeted Sen. Trent Lott's racist remarks last year. "As soon as the party realized mainstream America was outraged the leadership moved to remove him from a position of power."

Lott resigned as Republican leader in the Senate last December after he praised the 1948 presidential candidacy of Strom Thurmond, whose campaign advocated racial segregation.

Meanwhile, a Mormon sect that practices polygamy has demanded an apology from Santorum for linking homosexuality with the practice of having more than one spouse.

Owen Allred, who heads one of Utah's largest polygamist sects, says the practice of one man marrying several women is a moral and religious tradition dating back to Abraham.

Allred says that when Santorum compared the practice to homosexuality and incest, he defiled polygamy as "immoral and dirty."

©365Gay.com Ltd® 2003

Replies:

• I know we have quite a few Survivor fans on here -- Paul, 12:07:00 04/25/03 Fri
    and I just have to ask, didn't you love last night's show?

Honestly this season has had more twists and turns and surprises than any of them in the past. Here are my thoughts on the possiblities for next week. (I'll post in the reply to save space on our main page)

Replies:

• ummm, hi lance -- crvboy, 14:42:08 04/23/03 Wed
    well, you stopped by my little node on the web, the least i can do is return the flavor.

so, um, hi.

crvboy
    www.crvboy.com

Replies:

• Dixie Chicks -- Drew Greyfox, 22:56:12 04/24/03 Thu
    Just saw most of the Dixie Chicks interview. I gotta say, when you are bombarded with BS everyday that makes you sad for your country and ashamed to be an American it's nice to hear people who make sense and are willing to think freely, speak out, and stand up to the wave of bloodthirtsy fascism I see sweeping across the US. There are still some things that make me proud to be an American, and those girls are three of them.

Replies:

• URGE SENATOR MAJORITY LEADER FRIST TO REPUDIATE ANTI-GAY COMMENTS BY PENNSYLVANIA SENATOR RICK SANTORUM -- Mitchell, 08:50:15 04/22/03 Tue
    Please contact Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist R-TN and urge him to publicly repudiate the anti-gay remarks made by Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum in an interview with the Associated Press. In the interview, Santorum compares homosexuality with bigamy, polygamy, incest and adultery. He also said that homosexuality, feminism and liberalism undermine the family.

Santorum is the chair of the Republican conference committee, the third highest seat in the Republican leadership. Santorum’s statements mark the second time in recent months that a Republican leader has made comments marginalizing or attacking an entire segment of the population. In December 2002, Sen. Trent Lott made remarks at Strom Thurmond’s 100th birthday party that that many interpreted as supporting segregation.

To send your FREE fax to Senator Frist, please visit the HRC Action Center. http://hrc.grassroots.com/general/actionpagefristsantorum/

Replies:

• RAINN -- eddi, 01:40:25 04/24/03 Thu
    HI all..hehe I went to another RAINN concert today. Today is Tori Amos herself. IT was SOO COOL. I have never seen such big turn out. We had three full pages of people's name down, and they were all really cool..they are like..HEY we were loooking for you guys. This girl..she was totaly awesome she was saying that she was once date raped and how she recovered and started helping people who was raped. I was so proud of her. And alot of other people has been cool. Cute guys too. heh. Heh..my agency told me how awesome i am today and how helpful i have been..hehe its always nice to have someone telling you that. heh. So if anybody is intereting in RAINN..
    please go to WWW.RAINN.ORG.

eddi

Replies:

• R.I.P. Alan -- Lance, 00:27:20 04/16/03 Wed
    my guinea pig died
    : (

It died the day before I left for New York.
    I dont know why it died
    I gave it water and food and a little later it was dead
    one minute it was fine and emma (my kitten) wasn't in the room, so she didn't do anything to it

it just hated being a guinea pig
    It hated it's life

Mitchell said "he's in a better place."

what?..... the trash?

HAHAHAAAAAA

his name was alan
    he hated me
    he hated everyone

I think he was clinically depressed
    and I have to admit, I didn't get him help.

Alan was a miserable little son of a bitch
    he was the most miserable little bastard I ever met
    I think he killed himself

I don't know how he did it, but I swear to god he wasn't sick! I know he did it to make me feel guilty and try to ruin my week-end. He knew how much I was looking forward to going to New York. It pissed him off that I was happy.

So he died and now i have to try to come to terms with his untimely death

alan hated music
    he hated everything

but mostly he hated his life

I could have set him freeeeeee but he would have hated it. He reeeally did hate being out of his cage

I let him walk around in the bathtub. we have one of those huge deep bathtubs with the claw feet. He hated that bathtub, but he got some exercise and he had clean feet Yes, he had really clean feet from walking around in the bath tub because there were drops of water. He hated having little shriveled up clean feet.

alan always bit me. he needed a muzzle

I feel responsible that he died. I gave him food and water and a hour later he was dead. I was feeding him hamster food. do you think thats why he died? I bought it by mistake but it couldnt have been that bad for him, do you think?

I know that alan just hated his life. I think he wanted to die and make everyone feel guilty for his misery

alan you bastard

I knew it wasn't working out between Alan and me. In fact, I was planning on foisting him off on some unsuspecting child or a school or something (but he would have hated it.) So he knew his days in the household were numbered . maybe thats why he did it

I cant think of anything that would have made that miserable rat bastard happy and then to top it off, he died the day AFTER garbage pickup. and I KNOW he did that on purpose just for spite. what was I supposed to do with his body?

I couldn't bury him. we don't own the yard put him in the freezer?.. no way. eewwwwww

anyway I decided I should write something about alan. His death shouldn't go unnoticed

maybe everyone could say something so he will not be forgotten. He would have hated it, but it's the right thing to do.

R.I.P. Alan.

Replies:

• I was going to send an E-mail and ask Mitch since he is our resident farmer, LMAO! but decided to post instead in case anyone else has some knowledge about this subject. -- Sergio, 18:35:06 04/21/03 Mon

Lance and I were talking and during the conversation, somehow, the subject came up about horses. (Lance took one of those beautiful horse drawn carriage rides around Central Park last week-end.

He mentioned that his parents were considering buying acreage out in the country. Lance's father has a friend who gets a huge break on his property taxes because he buys a few calves (baby cows) in the spring. Because of the calves, his property is qualified as the government's definition of a farm.

Lance's parents were discussing whether some type of livestock would be the best way to keep hillsides and pastures looking mowed off and pretty. His father said cattle, his mother thought perhaps sheep or goats would be easier. They were both wondering about horses. If Lance's parents bought some horses, wouldn't it serve the same purpose? Neither of his parents have ANY experience with large animals. His father thought the upkeep for horses, just in terms of vet bills and food, would be far greater than the expense for keeping a few beef cattle.

As our resident expert on wildlife (and, no, I'm not talking about the local gay bars! LOL) do you think a small herd of horses would be more expensive to maintain than a small herd of cattle. (Not taking into consideration accessories such as saddles, etc)

Couldn't a person feed horses or cattle pretty much the same food in the same amount? Does anyone know if horses are more delicate and more apt to become injured or sick than other herd animals? Do they require more medical or specialized attention than a bovine such as Billy Crystal's pet cow, Norman? LOL!

BTW - Mitchell's waterfall and pond is gorgeous! I'm so jealous! Thank you for the pictures. I'm packing to move in with you as we speak!

Replies:

• Unless Alabama's election law is changed, President Bush could be left off the state's presidential election ballot in 2004 -- E.J., 13:24:18 04/23/03 Wed
    (from foxnews.com)

Alabama GOP Seeks to Keep Bush on 2004 Nominating Ballot

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — Unless Alabama's election law is changed, President Bush could be left off the state's presidential election ballot in 2004.

The problem is that the Republican National Convention is being held later than usual to avoid conflict with the Olympics and the GOP won't choose a candidate until Sept. 2 - two days after Alabama's Aug. 31 deadline to certify presidential candidates.

Republicans are asking the Democrat-controlled Legislature to change the law and extend the deadline until Sept. 5. That bill is on the work agenda in the House for Thursday, but some Republicans say they are concerned the bill has been placed behind several controversial issues and may not come up for consideration.

"I don't think the people know that if this doesn't pass, they won't get to vote for President Bush," said Rep. Mike Hubbard, R-Auburn. He said if the bill doesn't pass, Bush could be forced to run as a write-in in Alabama.

"I think he could win even if he was a write-in candidate," Hubbard said.

Bush received 56.4 percent of the vote in Alabama in 2000 to 41.6 percent for former Vice President Al Gore, a Democrat. Republicans have carried Alabama in the last six presidential elections.

Alabama Secretary of State Nancy Worley, the state's top elections official, said she has been working with state Republicans to try to resolve the problem.

"In fairness to them, they had no control over the date for the national convention. I have no problem supporting the bill to change the deadline. Everybody deserves a chance to vote for the person of their choice," said Worley, a Democrat.

Worley said she believes a way will be found to get Bush on the ballot, even if the Legislature fails to act.

"If we followed the law precisely, it would mean he would not be on the ballot," Worley said. "But he would be a huge write-in candidate and I'm not sure that would serve a useful purpose."

Rep. Ken Guin, D-Carbon Hill, Democratic floor leader in the House, said complaints about Democrats trying to delay the bill "are ludicrous."

"I made the motion to pass the bill in committee," Guin said. "If they don't pass it this year, they still have next session."

Replies:

• Stop Congress from Rolling Back Key Civil Rights Protections! -- Mitchell, 17:25:41 04/23/03 Wed
    Earlier this month -- thanks in large part to your pressure -- the Senate refused to allow religious discrimination with federal funds. Despite this, legislation coming before the House of Representatives would remove key civil rights protections against religious discrimination in taxpayer-funded programs. In an unprecedented move, this legislation would allow religious organizations involved in federal job training programs to discriminate based on religion when hiring staff for taxpayer-funded services.

This legislation -- the Workforce Reinvestment and Adult Education Act -- should not be allowed to remove key civil right protections! It is critical that Congress expands -- not contracts -- civil rights legislation.

Click here for more information and to take action! http://www.aclu.org/ReligiousLiberty/ReligiousLiberty.cfm?ID=12438&c=37

Replies:

• Cut and Paste News -- Drew Greyfox, 21:58:19 04/23/03 Wed

Replies:
  • Speaking of blow jobs -- josie, 05:53:54 04/23/03 Wed
    I ain't doing it ( no way!) that's so gross!

Did you know that in Denmark they don't give mouth to mouth

NO! They give mouth to NOSE!

Ya blow in it = a BLOW job!

Hahahaha

Fucking disgusting, I mean just imagine this old man with a

big nose, I mean it's not like I know what's in it!

* run and puke*

I mean - mouth to mouth is OKAY mouth to nose, I just

Fuck collapsing in front of me is the worst thing he can do

I will pretend not to see it! hahahaha

No but if someone else isn't near by I give him mouth to

mouth cause EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I told Cecilia that told me this that me and Adrian will

stick to mouth to mouth and I ain't blowing his nose! LOL

Bloody hell, why me?????

Im not doing it, I will read up on mouth to mouth cause

I cabn'ät blow anyones nose, I mean I just can't.

Shut up Lance, ya do it if ya so damn keen on it! hahahaha

*hugs* and *xxxxxx* to my boyfriends:)

Josie

BTW: Im on strike today *grin* I hate my job!

Yesterday this gsl told me at this day care taht her daddy

will pick her up ( like I care?) hahaha

I mean if it would be lance's daughter telling me that then

I ask - what time??????

Hahahaha

Kidding, love those kids.

Replies:

• Hurry up and blow out the candles! The cake is going to set off the sprinklers!! -- Mitchell, 00:06:15 04/21/03 Mon

Happy Birthday Kris!!!

Your gift is in the mail, I got you something to help you work on your truck. I will have to tell you tho, I used it.

Preview picture in the reply!!

Replies:

• Give a listen -- lokisdad, 14:30:56 04/22/03 Tue
    Gay radio, streamed to your computer.

www.siriusoutq.com

Right now I'm listening to Michelangelo Signorile

Replies:

• Cut and paste news -- Drew Greyfox, 22:31:57 04/19/03 Sat

Replies:
  • Belated Happy Birthday -- Tom, 22:03:26 04/21/03 Mon
    to all the people here on Crzy House who have recently celebrated birthdays, Kris, John, Bester, Wolfie, and anyone else that I might have missed.

Replies:

• *drum roll* A big birthday SPANKING for our favorite Brit! -- Kris, 18:01:13 04/18/03 Fri
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN M!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!"

mmmmmmm Sweet 16!

Replies:

• Mitchell's Survivor Decorating Commentary -- Mitchell, 11:29:43 04/17/03 Thu
    This Survivor Commentary is on a need to know basis. Trust me! You need to know!!!!!

Replies:

• A REQUEST! Can ANYONE make a BIRTHDAY celebration -- Josie, 04:18:01 04/16/03 Wed
    to WOLFIE who had his Birthday 2 days ago!

I totally forgot, I mean I cant keep track on everyones

birthday - all I know is that when lance has his i get older

in 2 months!

And he always forgets mine too! hahahahaha

NO but for real, Jeremy ya god at making kewl things.

Draw a cake or something - I think he's 29????????

If he's 30 he'll love me for thinking he's 29 so we go

for 29!

Josie

Replies:

• 'A Chill Wind is Blowing ...' -- Dano, 19:35:36 04/16/03 Wed
    I don’t think anyone has posted about this - but many have probably heard about it. A few days ago the president of the Baseball Hall of Fame (Dale Petroskey - who was an assistant press secretary for Ronald Reagan) suddenly cancelled a long-scheduled event that was going to honor Tim Robbins on the 15th anniversary of his film - Bull Durham.

In a letter to Tim Robbins, Petroskey said, among other things, "We believe your very public criticism of President Bush at this important -- and sensitive -- time in our nation's history helps undermine the U.S. position, which ultimately could put our troops in even more danger. As an institution, we stand behind our President and our troops in this conflict."

Yesterday, Tim Robbins gave a speech to the National Press Club and explained why he believes (as he said in his speech) “A chill wind is blowing in this nation”. The speech is so well written and says so many important things (imho) that I’m posting the text in the first reply. It will take a few minutes for you to read it, but I think it’s worth reading.

Replies:

• cut and paste news -- Drew Greyfox, 09:38:16 04/15/03 Tue
    "The real obcenities of our society are rape, murder, war, etc. and the exploitation of human beings. That certain segments view acts of love and pleasure as obscene says a great deal about how sick our society still is." -- Hugh Hefner

Replies:

• Tax Day - Feeling Cheated by the Taxman? -- Mitchell, 07:16:12 04/15/03 Tue

FEELING CHEATED BY THE TAX MAN? TAKE ACTION!

Because same-sex couples can't marry, they are denied critical Social Security survivor benefits. Unlike married couples, same-sex couples also face high tax penalties upon the death of a partner. And, if an employer offers domestic partner benefits, employees who take advantage of them will owe income tax on their partners' benefits – another tax which spouses avoid.

These are just three of the more than 1,000 rights and responsibilities under federal law that same-sex couples are left without.

TAKE ACTION! On your W-2 form, item four lists how much Social Security tax was withheld from your 2002 wages. For a heterosexual married employee, that amount would go toward Social Security survivor's benefits for their spouse if they died. For same-sex couples, there is no such protection.

Write your members of Congress using the dollar amount of Social Security tax that was withheld from your 2002 paycheck to show them that, although you pay just as much as your married counterparts, you're being taxed more and receiving less.

[sample letters in reply]
    To find contact information for your representative and senators, just go to HRC's Online Action Center and click on your state. Enter your ZIP code if you do not know who represents you in Congress. http://capwiz.com/hrc/dbq/officials/

Replies:

• NEED HELP!!!!.......please do help... -- eddi, 00:08:13 04/15/03 Tue
    HI ALL..hehe..i really need some help on this.
    I have a human relation homework due..and i need 2 person who is 55 yr old or above to answer some questions.
    If anyone can help me out..please email me or leave their email here so i can email you the question!..thanx alot in advance...my email is eddi818@aol.com

I need this by wed. thanx!!

Replies:

• In the news... -- eddi, 21:07:32 04/14/03 Mon

This was in taiwan's news paper. "FIrst of all, Bush said its all Saddam's fault that this whole riot is happening in Bangdad. Everything with historical value's gone, destoryed. The stuff they destoryed was dated all the way back to 3500 BC. The people at museam said that if US military was patorling around, this wont be happening. So of course, blame it all on iraqies. US is never at fault. Also, in French newspaper (according to Taiwanese News), this was on the news paper. US military shot down an older woman walking with cane. Also saying that while this guy was walking with his 2 children (a boy and a girl), the US military didn't fire warning shot in the air, instead, they just start shooting at the guy and serverly injured the girl and the boy." YES..that older woman is goin to HIT U so hard with the cane..she just might stick it up in their fucking asses. Here is the picture that was in French Newspaper.

• Dissent: A Hazardous Duty? -- Drew Greyfox, 17:53:13 04/13/03 Sun
    Dissent: A Hazardous Duty?

(CBS) The speech was a fierce condemnation of war, delivered to a crowd at an Ohio convention. The orator lashed out at the government for charging into a battle that the reluctant working class had to fight. "If war is right, let it be declared by the people!"

It was 1918 and the conflict was World War I. For his words of dissent, socialist leader Eugene Debs claimed protection from the First Amendment — but he was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Eighty-five years later, in 2003, New Mexico teacher Geoffrey Barrett learned anew how free expression gets a narrower interpretation in wartime.

Barrett refused to take down anti-war posters made by some of the students in his ninth-grade class. His punishment: Suspension.

The lesson he says his students learned is: "Their viewpoints can be snuffed out."

The philosopher Cicero recognized the dilemma in Roman times. "Inter arma silent leges," he wrote. In times of war, the laws are silent.

And U.S. wars are no different, regardless of the Bill of Rights, experts say.

Barely a decade after the Constitution was ratified, newspaper editors were arrested for speaking out against the president and Congress during a 1798 conflict with France.

At the onset of the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus, allowing protesters and rioters to be arrested and held without formal charges.

In World War I, Debs was not the only American punished for speaking against the conflict. One man was arrested for criticizing women who knitted socks for soldiers.

World War II brought the internment of thousands of Japanese-Americans.

"The irony is that we claim to be fighting for freedom," said Charles Haynes, a senior scholar at the First Amendment Center in Arlington, Va. "The reality is that at home, we often show how sometimes superficial our commitment is to the very principles we're defending."

The courts have long said the government's authority to limit civil liberties is greater in war than in peacetime. Typically, restrictions are imposed under the premise of national security or prohibiting actions that could interfere with war.

"Judges, like other citizens, do not wish to hinder a nation's `war effort,"' U.S. Chief Justice William Rehnquist has written.

So the courts often are silent or rule on the side of the government — and the public doesn't always protest.

"In a time of crisis, nobody reads the fine print. Most people are concerned about security," said Haynes.

Haynes' center conducted a poll following passage of the USA Patriot Act, which allowed authorities, in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, to detain suspected terrorists indefinitely, secretly monitor political groups and take other tough steps in the name of the anti-terror war.

The public generally supported the sweeping new powers. Nearly half of those surveyed in fact said the constitutional protection of free speech goes too far.

Michael Klarman, a constitutional law professor at the University of Virginia, said the country must strike a delicate balance between maintaining liberty and security. In times of crisis, "a democratic society — if it's going to survive — may have to adjust the trade-off."

The danger, he said, is "patriotism run amok."

"During World War I," he said, "there were lots of vigilante mobs that were enforcing this 100-percent Americanism: `If you're not donating to war bonds, we're going to tar and feather you.'

"There are still some people who clearly have the view that once you're at war, you're supposed to consolidate ranks and you're not supposed to criticize."

So it was that the Dixie Chicks — the Texas trio whose lead singer, Natalie Maines, criticized President Bush — faced organized boycotts and even a South Carolina legislative resolution demanding a free concert for troops as penance.

"In times of war, the temptation for people to wrap themselves in the flag and then forget the principles for which it stands is overwhelming," said Donna Lieberman, executive director of the New York Civil Liberties Union.

She cited the case of a lawyer who was thrown out of an Albany shopping mall and arrested for wearing a "Peace on Earth" T-shirt that he had purchased at the very same mall. A trespassing charge was dropped after critical media attention.

Lieberman's organization has erected a billboard on Interstate 90 in Albany showing a gagged person with the text: "Welcome to the mall. You have the right to remain Silent. Value free speech."

Geoffrey Barrett says valuing free speech was a lesson he tried to impart in his classes.

Barrett, who teaches history and current events at Highland High School in Albuquerque, gave his students an optional assignment to design posters that reflected their views on the war in Iraq.

Though some carried messages backing U.S. military action, others dissented.

"No War With Iraq," said one.

"Support Our Troops: Bring Them Home," read another.

Within hours of hanging the signs in his classroom on March 31, Barrett said he was called into the principal's office, told the school had to stay neutral and ordered to remove the signs. When he refused, Barrett was suspended with pay. Another teacher with anti-war posters in his classroom, Allen Cooper, also was suspended. Both have since been allowed to return to the classroom.

School district spokesman Rigo Chavez said the teachers violated a policy requiring controversial issues to be debated in the context of a class discussion. The district doesn't view the situation as an infringement upon civil liberties, he said, because "the class discussion had already taken place."

[This article demonstrates a big reason I am so ashamed of many Americans - the ultra-patriot types who will go on all day about how wonderful our country is and how this war is all about protecting our freedom, and then in the very next breath will say that we have too many rights, or people should not be allowed to speak out against the war. It is terribly sad how many American's take their freedom for granted, but the attitude I hear from many these days is downright sick. Many care about freedom and the bill of rights only when it benefits themselves. Freedom of speech is fine, as long as you say something they like. Freedom of press is fine, as long as you print what they want to read. Freedom of religion is good, as long as you follow their religion. Protection from unlawful searches is fine, unless you're suspected or accused of a crime. The right to a lawyer, speedy trial, charges against you, are all fine, unless you're accused of being a terrorist. In other words "the bill of rights is fine, as long as I like the way it is used." These people condemn other Americans as "unpatriotic" and admonish them to support our troops, yet they are silent when a veteran speaks out against war. I recently had an email discussion (if you want to call it that) with a 'shut up and get out of the US' type of warhawk. I asked him what he would say to veterans who opposed the war, men and women who definitely have every right to speak against war and criticize our government. He had no response to that question but continued his tirade against me the "pot smoking hippie" who should shut up and get out of the country if I don't like war.

Remember this the next time you think your constitutional rights protect you from anything, the next time you think to yourself 'oh that law will never pass.' Our freedoms and rights are wonderful and I'm proud of our Constitution and the vision it set for our country, but it is also a very fragile freedom that is most easily damaged or destroyed from within. It is the ignorance and hatred of Americans that is most likely to harm our country, our freedom and American citizens. It is these Americans who are succeeding in doing what terrorists can only hope and dream of. They should be ashamed of themselves.
    ]

Replies:

• ::Comes Dancin In:: -- Lance, 03:50:50 04/12/03 Sat

Just got home from DJing all night. Tomorrow I'm flying to New Yawk City! YAYYYYYYYY!! I got a reeeeeeeally sweet deal - only $89 roundtrip for air fare!! I also got a great deal on hotel rates so I'm staying at the Hyatt on Park Ave.

I have soooooo much I want to do and see in NYC that I don't know how I'll cram it all into 3 days, but I'm gonna try!

This time (this is my 4th trip to Manhattan so far) I finally get to see my favorite Irish band, Black 47 on Sat. Night. Every other time they have been out on the road when I've been to NYC. I've driven all over the country to catch them whenever they tour near my state. I've been following them since 9th grade. Now I'll finally get to see them at their home bar, Connolly's Pub. AND last time I was in NYC, I was bitching about never getting to see them, and I played all their songs on the juke box and the bartender was LAUGHING at me, and it turns out, he plays in the band most of the time! So I got to meet him and hang out. It's pretty sweet to walk into a bar in NYC and have the bartender yell out "LANCE!". I feel like Norm! haha. (Except I don't guzzle beer!)

Also this trip, I hope to drag my ass out of bed in time to make it out to Harlem Sunday Morning for some of the best ass-kicking gospel music ever at the Abyssinian Baptist Church. They're world famous, and every sunday their choir is in full throttle. I love singing gospel music and this is supposed to be rowdy and jaw dropping and gooooood!

I'm gonna check out chinatown this visit so if anyone has a favorite restaurant, let me know asap. I've been told you can check your E-mail for free at Canal jeans (down in the basement) so I will check the board before I go to Chinatown.

I updated my band journal so here it is more or less.

Journal Entry:

We mixed "Blind" last night at the studio. "Blind" is the only cover song I am doing on the album. It's by Face to Face. If you don't know Face to Face, get some albums . You'll be happy with me later. They are also on Warped Tour this year. (With The Used.) We added some killer drum loops from a drum machiene to "Some Comfort Here". We are really almost done. We have some fine tuning to do and I have to pick the song order still. Very exciting.

Wed. nights show at the glbt center was pretty damn sweet. Jason opened and played a great set. I went on after him and...well, I played my set. haha. The venue was too close for my sound...I'm not a coffee house type singer! HAHA! I don't have a "quiet" voice. I'm a fucking rock and roll singer and I can't do "soft" HAHA!

The crowd was huge, capacity, and they were all just amazing. Very supportive and giving, and loud! I gave out 25 demo CD's in a nano-second! I wish I had made more. I just wasn't expecting such a huge crowd at a Breaking The Silence Celebration. I can't begin to imagine just how many high schools (and colleges) were represented, but it was a LOT!....A LOT!!

It really hadn't dawned on me just how emotional a lot of my songs are. I kept wanting to play a happy song since everyone was in a good mood, but I really don't have one on this CD. I said that I had one more song left in my set and someone asked "A happy one?" and I had to say "No, I don't play cover songs."

Afterwards a bunch of us went out 80's dancing Wed. night. I took Jon again. I LOVE going dancing with Jon!! (I think he likes it too! HAHA!) And BTW, this is a "straight" club where we go dancing which (I think) Jon's really pretty amazed about it. haha.

Everyone's really cool there for the most part. I always end up knowing over half the people who walk in the door. This week was no exception. I was with a large group from Day of Silence, mostly from my university. I ran into two of my Ex girlfriends from high school, who were with groups of friends (a lot of them I knew also) and they pulled up tables and joined us.

I also ran into a old friend who was in my very first rock band. What a great surprise that was! We've always been the best of friends, but he's a couple years older than me and I lost track of him after he graduated. It turns out he is now living in California and was home for his sister's wedding. His sister graduated with me - I can't believe someone my age is actually getting MARRIED!! good lord! She must be nuts! haha! My friend used to skateboard professionally, had a sponsor and everything. He was even on Warped Tour one year. So he and his friends pulled up a table and joined us too. He was all interested in my band and said if we ever play california, we have a place to stay. Seriously. He invited me and my whole band to stay with him for as long as we need. (Carefull what you ask for! haha!)Also a group of kids that work at Hot Topics (from the mall) came in, and they joined us, so we had all these tables pushed together and such a diverse group of people with me being the only common thread. But everyone got along and we had a blast.

Jon and I were dancing together and this really drunk old school punk comes up to us on the dance floor and says, "what are you, faggots or something?" and I said, "Why don't we go in the bathroom and you can find out." HAHA. You should have seen his face! hahahaaa!

But before he could react, his friends, who weren't so drunk, could tell that I wasn't fucking around, (plus the fact that I was with about 50 people), so they calmed the drunk guy down REEEEALLY QUICK. haha. Jon just couldn't believe that I did that. HAHA. He's only known me a couple weeks so he doesn't know that I'm kinda experienced in confrontational "crowd control" HAHA! Anyway, he loved it! heh heh. He had such a huge smile on his face all night.

I would just like to say that it may have been the best dance night out ever. I saw a bunch of old friends I haven't seen since high school, got a soul train dance line started that went on for four songs in a row!! and I got a mosh pit started. What a night.

I'm still waiting for my hair to grow. It's still blue...

-Lance

I LUV New York! Have a great week-end and try to have some fun. Stop thinking about the war all the time. Turn off the TV, turn off the computer. Go outside, get some fresh air, celebrate spring, go shopping, go dancing, get laid.

See ya Monday night (maybe!)

Replies:

• My turn with some news! -- Kris, 12:08:50 04/11/03 Fri

yeah yeah.. get up Sprite that was the fakest swoon I have EVER seen!

Okay here is an article about Evergreen, that "change your life around by changing your orientation" group that embarrasses us open minded Utahns on a regular basis.

Oh yeah and any of you here watch Futurama? My son is addicted to it.. so he got the first season DVD for his birthday Wednesday. In one episode the Professor says "Mars, in the 20th Century was an uninhabitable wasteland....kind of like Utah." Bout fell over laughing ...tell that to the Califorians moving in here.."Little Cali" is what we call the 'burbs.

Replies:

• LMAO! -- Mitchell, 00:59:47 04/11/03 Fri

Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 123456789[10] ]
    Thanks for posting!
    Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.