VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: HERITAGE Irish Dance Company 2018 Syllabus and Registration

Author:
Feis Entry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:49:26 04/22/18 Sun

The 4th Annual Heritage Irish Dance Company Feis will be opening on www.feisweb.com on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25.

Please register early as we typically reach our cap quickly.

We have a NEW, SPACIOUS, BEAUTIFUL Venue! BIRCHWOOD MANOR, 111 No. Jefferson Road, Whippany, NJ.

Conveniently located near Routes 287 and 10 and a 25 minute drive from Newark Airport. Plenty of parking in a gorgeous setting.

https://www.heritageirishdance.com/2018-feis.html

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: There will be no entry charge at the door for either of the Bracken feises, right? I remember paying an admission fee with the entry but we have family coming and I want to double-check.

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:38:13 04/22/18 Sun

Subject: I thought Bracken was closing their registration on the 17th in order to get an early schedule out, it looks like the reg.was closed and opened again . Does that mean no early schedule? Did I miss something?

Author:
Can't keep their changes straight
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:02 04/19/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Long shot, but does anyone have TJ/HP results for PW U8/9 from the HPK feis last weekend?

Author:
FeisMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:29:05 04/19/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know of a local retailer /dealer of Rutherford shoes?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:13:03 04/18/18 Wed

Subject: Looking for the Greene OLeary feis syllabus. Is it through a company?

Author:
Link on their site not working
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:43 04/18/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Personal Training Available for Dancers in Boston Area

Author:
Certified PT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:46 04/18/18 Wed

Hello! I am an NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer and Open Champ level dancer moving to the Boston Area for grad school. I have a degree in Nutritional Sciences and Nutrition for Exercise and Sport. I work with dancers to prevent injury, improve movement mechanics, and build power and speed in ways that translate to better performance in class and onstage.

Beginning in May, I am offering one-on-one sessions and small-group training to dancers who are looking to prevent injury and reach their goals.

Cross training is hugely important for success in Irish dance, but it is vital that your workouts are effective, safe, and specific to your needs as a dancer. Meeting in person with a trainer is a great way to ensure that your program is tailored to your specific strengths and weaknesses, your questions are answered, and every move is executed with good form.

A couple quick notes -
I like to see a video from class or have my clients do a full so that I can see what their strengths and weaknesses are, but I do not ever address or practice choreography with dancers, so there are no association issues.
No gym membership is necessary - I will work with whatever tools you have available to meet your/your dancer's needs. There are some tools that I encourage dancers to purchase. They are relatively inexpensive, and I can give you a list with exactly where to buy them.
I'm willing to travel outside of Boston, as long as the time and distance are reasonable. If you're in MA but a little further out, let me know and we can decide together whether or not the logistics are feasible.

Working with athletes is my favorite part of training and I feel so strongly about helping other dancers reach their full potential. Please shoot me an email if you'd like any more info or would like to chat about options for you or your dancer. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: IDTANA Scholarship-Has anyone heard back yet?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:42 04/17/18 Tue

Subject: CUT

Author:
KILOGEAR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:48 04/17/18 Tue

Hello All!

I’d like to introduce CUT, a line of revolutionary, high performance gear that incorporates KILOGEAR’S weighted technology specifically for Irish dancers. The weights are suspended in internal pockets throughout the clothing and our high intensity compression fabrics ensure that movement is kept to a minimum. The addition of only a few pounds has a dramatic effect when distributed throughout the body and is proven to help dancers improve their strength and overall performance.

Dancers require a massive amount of speed and power to properly execute movements and Irish dancing is probably the only sport that has a culture of not training in the exact conditions as they will experience on a competition day. Dancers are required to literally weigh themselves down with a costume that can sometimes weigh up to five pounds for some of the girls, yet no one ever practices under those conditions because the costumes are too expensive and fragile to constantly wear. KILOGEAR CUT is the solution to this very real problem that effects the performance of nearly every dancer worldwide.

Dancers typically have extreme muscle imbalance due to the very nature of Irish dancing, which results in a weak core and lack of upper body strength. KILOGEAR CUT is designed to help address these issues and build the foundations of a more well-rounded athlete. As dancing has evolved to be so dynamic it’s massively important to maintain steady posture and a sense of ease in the upper body. Our weighted tops help restrict arm movement and require dancers to properly engage their back and core while dancing. The weighted leggings force dancers to move quicker and be sharper throughout the dance. 

In addition to our gear we are designing an entire exercise and fitness programme that will teach dancers how to properly use the gear and function as a form of cross training in a way that best compliments their already extremely rigorous dancing schedule.

Please check out our website at: https://kilogearcut.com

And follow us on Instagram @KILOGEARCUT for updates!

If you should have any questions email us at: Cut@KiloGear.com

Replies:
Subject: Not sure if I still have contact info email for Alan at Feisweb. Can anyone help?

Author:
Thanks.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:54:58 04/17/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Are the judges for the Father’s Day feis listed anywhere, or is it too early?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:11:33 04/17/18 Tue

Subject: Last Day to Register w/ No Late Fees - Bracken Blackout & Bracken School Feis

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:13:47 04/17/18 Tue

Reminder TODAY is the last day to register without a late fee! We are offering 2 separate feis' on the same weekend. One being our 1st ever Blackout Feis Saturday April 28 and our 3rd annual Bracken School Feis, Sunday April 29th. You can register for both on Feisweb.com ! You can find the syllabus for both days and FAQ's for our blackout feis on brackenirishdanceboston.com/ We hope to see you there!

Subject: Heading to ORLANDO? Check out the raffle opportunity from the Murray Academy Feis!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:40 04/16/18 Mon

The Murray Feis is offering a new and exciting raffle opportunity for 2018!!
The winner will receive the choice between TWO 2-Day Park Hopper tickets to either Walt Disney World OR Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. Use them while you are traveling for Nationals or A family vacation!!
Ticket Cost: $20.00
Drawing will be at the Murray Feis, May 20, 2018
Winner need not be present to win.
Don’t Wait….. ONLY 250 tickets will be sold!
All raffle proceeds to benefit non profit parent booster group Cara Rince

Subject: Any chance hansen keohane will post results anywhere, thx

Author:
sickkid
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:08:12 04/15/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: CNY Feis Update

Author:
CNY Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:29:38 04/14/18 Sat

Don’t forget to enter on Feisweb!
We are so excited that we are closing in on 1000 likes on our CNY Feis Facebook page, that we are announcing a contest. Help us get to 1000 likes on our CNY Feis FB page before feis day 4/28/18! The 1000th person to like our page will be eligible to receive a VIP parking pass and a CNY Feis shirt

Subject: The 2018 Four Provinces Feis is quickly approaching and we are looking forward to seeing you on April 29th!

Author:
McDC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:40 04/13/18 Fri

We just wanted to share a few updates:

* We have extended the closing date for entries to
Saturday April 21st.

* Round awards for both Prelim & Open

* Sashes for all Prelim & Champ placers

* Open- Pottery for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place

* Prelim- Gift Card (with trophy exchange) for 1st, 2nd &
3rd place

* Unique awards for Art & Soda Bread competitions

* Trophies for all advance beginners prizewinner 1st-3rd
place placers. Medals for beginners.

* We are bring back the group Charity Treble Reel! 4 or
more dancers for a max of 32 bars. You can register for
this event day of the feis. All proceeds will benefit
The Nelson County Food Pantry in memory of
John S. McGrory.

* Great raffle items including LuLu Lemon backpack,
American Girl Doll, Dancer Necessity Basket, Gift Card
Wreath plus more!

* Two Magic Kingdom 1 Day Passes (no expiration/no
blackout dates)- $5/ticket. Winner does not need to be
present.

* Great vendors including Faye, Rutherford, Head for the
World, Irish Seams, Lip Sense & Klonhed.

* We are happy to be hosting Grade Exams 1-6 at our
McDade- Cara Studio on Saturday , April 28th. Please see
the School website for additional information
(www.mcdadecara.com)

Subject: Feis Tan at Home

Author:
dancer27
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:17 04/13/18 Fri

Hello,

I was looking into getting Feis Tan from Home. I was wondering what people's thoughts and reviews were on the product? Or if there is another tanning method and brand you have found better that works for you? Thank you in advance!

Replies:
Subject: Feis at the Beach Update- see inside first reply

Author:
FABcommittee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:58 04/12/18 Thu

Replies:
  • Updates -- FABcommittee, 16:43:24 04/12/18 Thu
Subject: Bracken Blackout Feis and Bracken School Feis

Author:
Bracken Parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:37 04/12/18 Thu

The registration deadline for the Bracken Blackout feis and the Bracken Feis has been moved forward to April 17th. This will allow us time to get schedules out to you as early as possible.
Two Feisanna in one weekend!
May 1st is the deadline to qualify for Nationals. If you are hoping to get your first to qualify, this is your last chance. The adjudicator panel will rotate the two day schedule between the two gyms and the auditorium.
Judges are all out of state. Please see below for list of adjudictors:
Kathy Irvine, Ont
Ellen Riordan, NJ
John Jennings, NJ
Rose Fearon, Ont
Brian Grant, Ont
Mary Bryan, Ont.
Moira McMahon, NY
Darren Maguire, AZ
Matthew Martin, NJ

Musicians:
Michael Fitzpatrick, MA
Ina O'Brien, Ont.
Pat King, Ont

You may register online at www.feisweb.com for both feisanna.
We hope to see you there.

Replies:
Subject: 10 days left to enter Shea-Jennings Feis without late fee

Author:
sj feis secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:01 04/12/18 Thu

The 14th Annual Shea-Jennings Feis
May 5, 2018
Cranford, NJ

Sashes & round awards for Prelim/Open
Well organized - runs on time!

Entries open on www.efeis.com
Syllabus on www.deirdreshea.com

Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Sheajenningsfeis2018/

Subject: Harney Pender Keady-Opinions on this school please Also do they have strong teams? Looking to move novice 6 year old & want her to be nurtured & pushed further, she's losing motivation at current school

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:20:52 04/12/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if mcinerney happening in worcester later this year, a fav of ours

Author:
Hmm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:23 04/12/18 Thu

Subject: how can i learn how ro white tape hard shoes thx

Author:
itstime
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:11 04/10/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if the woman who took photos at many eastern MAR and western NER feiseanna is still doing so? I looked for her on pinterest and couldn't find even old ones.

Author:
Loved seeing them!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:25 04/10/18 Tue

Subject: MONTREAL FEIS - SATURDAY MAY 19TH (DOUBLE FEIS WEEKEND OPPORTUNITY --> OTTAWA CAPITAL FEIS MAY 20TH)

Author:
Feis Admin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:51 04/10/18 Tue

Montreal Feis Saturday May 19th

John Abbott College, St.Anne de Bellevue, Quebec

Entries close May 7th

REGISTER at IFEIS.NET !!

OFFERING:

***SPECIAL TROPHY DANCE OFF COMPETITIONS FOR ALL GRADE LEVELS***

***GRADES/CHAMP LEVEL TREBLE REELS***

***PRELIMINARY DANCE-OFF FOR PERPETUAL TROPHY***

***JUNIOR AND SENIOR CHAMP DANCE OFF WITH PERPETUAL TROPHY***

***PARENT-CHILD COMPETITIONS***

FEATURING:

***AUDITORIUM FOR ALL CHAMPS AND SOME PRELIM COMPETITIONS***

***SASHES FOR TOP THREE CHAMP AS WELL AS PRELIM AND TROPHY SPECIAL WINNERS***

***TWO CHAMP LEVEL STAGES***

***OUTDOOR CONCERT STAGE AND PUB***

***LIVE PERFORMANCES BEGINNING AT NOON***

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: HK Feis Schedule

Author:
committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:33:18 04/10/18 Tue

The HK feis schedule is posted on our facebook page and our website www.hansenkeohane.com
Looking forward to another great feis day!

Replies:
Subject: Adult Irish Dancing Classes

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:19 04/09/18 Mon

Are there any in the Greater Boston /Quincy area? Thx!

Replies:
Subject: Hansen Keohane Feis

Author:
Celticcurls2
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:11:03 04/09/18 Mon

Hi, does anyone know if Hansen Keohane will have day of entry?
Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan Feis

Author:
Lenihan Teachers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:30 04/09/18 Mon

The Lenihan teachers would like to thank everyone who attended our feis yesterday. Thank you especially to all of you who took the time to thank a parent volunteer for their hard work or say a quick thank you to one of us. Those comments are so appreciated after all of the effort it takes to put on a feis.
Huge thank you also to all of our parent and dancer volunteers. We couldn't do this without all of you!
See you all for our fall feis on November 4!

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know when the Hansen Keohane schedule will be out, and do they list numbers in competitions?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:35:30 04/09/18 Mon

Subject: Anyone else buy a ID dress and have major problems... Help

Author:
qq
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:39:10 04/09/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Gavin dress - £350

Author:
ID Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:56:04 04/09/18 Mon

Hot pink Gavin dress - worn once. Chest 32/33", waist 27/28" and length 32". Worn once - perfect for Intermediate dancer. Would just like dress used again so happy to consider offers. Please email if interested.

Subject: Long shot, but did someone at Lenihan in the main gym by stage E bring home a blue skort/tennis skirt by mistake?

Author:
Dancer, more inside
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:12:24 04/08/18 Sun

Mine went missing after being on top of my dress bag under the bleachers. Possibly an Inishfree family who were camping nearby? Looks like this: https://www.target.com/p/women-s-run-shorts-c9-champion-174/-/A-53167649?preselect=52897200#lnk=sametab. Will be at Feis at theNeach, or will pay to ship. Email posted. Thanks!

Subject: What is with the cutting of the dancers numbers! I have seen corners cut and length taken off each side? Is there a REASON for this??

Author:
DancingD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:23 04/08/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan tweeting? Twitter link? Not seeing anything on school twitter

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:29 04/08/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Bracken Black Out ??

Author:
🤔
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:57 04/08/18 Sun

I have checked the syllabus for the Bracken black out feis and can’t tell if buckles for champs are allowed or not. Anyone know?

Replies:
Subject: Heavies left at gray feis

Author:
Feismom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:16:42 04/08/18 Sun

My daughters Fay heavies size 3.5 with bling buckles were left at the Gray Feis! Hoping someone found them?

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan PU15 - guess on start time?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:43:34 04/07/18 Sat

Author:
Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:32 04/07/18 Sat

Forgot to enter ? We are still accepting entries with a late fee. Hope to see you at the feis.

Replies:
Subject: Murray Academy Feis hotels?

Author:
Kathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:28 04/07/18 Sat

Hi all. Traveling from western NY for the Murray Feis & trying to find local hotels but it doesn’t see there are any nearby. Can anyone make any recommendations on where to stay? Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Gray School posting results anywhere? can please send #? Thx

Author:
ID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:43:06 04/07/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Stage calculator question

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:13:32 04/07/18 Sat

Have never used. Wondering what start time would be for Prelim comp that begins at 8:30 and has two comps w 69 dancers total before my dd’s comp. Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Crystals

Author:
NYC dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:45:00 04/07/18 Sat

We have a new Elevation dress. Does anyone know what brand of crystals they typically use? And is there anywhere in NYC we could buy additional crystals that will hopefully match what is on the dress?

Replies:
Subject: Irish Cultural Center Championships Saturday June 9th is open on Feisweb

Author:
Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:20:27 04/06/18 Fri

Please join us at the beautiful Irish Cultural Center in Canton, MA
For a fabulous day of Irish Dancing and Music Competitions.
Fantastic vendors, raffles, Dress Sale area and food and drink provided by the ICC
We will be offering the Champion of Champions competition again this year. Full list of Adudicators and Musiciians will be listed soon.

Subject: please remind me of age you can wear makeup please

Author:
10?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:21 04/06/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Update on Late Fees - Bracken Double Feis Weekend

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:11 04/06/18 Fri

Update: There will be no late fees for any dancer registered on Feis web by the closing date of Tuesday April 17th at midnight.

Two Feisanna, One Weekend! Bracken School of Irish Dance

In an effort to get the feis schedule out to everyone as early as possible we have moved up our last day of registration for both the Bracken Blackout Feis and Bracken School Feis to midnight TUESDAY, APRIL 17th. Please make a note and get your registrations in now at feisweb.com

Hoping for your 2nd first to get you to Open before the May 1st deadline and your last chance to qualify for Nationals before the cutoff? Join us the last weekend of April for not just 1 but two chances.

We are offering 2 separate feis' on the same weekend. One being our 1st ever Blackout Feis Saturday April 28 (no dresses, no wigs, no bling & no stress!)

And our 3rd annual Bracken School Feis, Sunday April 29th.

You can register for both on Feisweb.com and you can find the syllabus for both days and FAQ's for our blackout feis on brackenirishdanceboston.com

We've got dancers from as far away as Arizona and Nova Scotia to join in the fun and we hope to see you there as well!

Subject: The McDade-Cara School is pleased to announce we are offering Grades Exams 1-6 on April 28, 2018 the day before the Four Provinces Feis. Information and registration can be found at the link below. http://www.mcdadecara.com/we-are-happy-to-host-grade-exams-at-our-mcdade-cara-studio/

Author:
McDC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:07 04/05/18 Thu

Subject: Can a PC dancer with 2 1sts not in the same year dance as a PC in NE?

Author:
Unsure parent (Frustrated)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:38 04/05/18 Thu

There does not seem to be any clearly written rule about whether you follow your region’s rules wherever you dance or do you follow the rules of the region where you’re dancing? My child’s TC said you follow the rules of the region where you are dancing, but other TCs in the same region say otherwise. To me, it makes sense to follow the rules and the syllabus of the region where you are dancing, not your own region’s rules. But how does the question get officially answered?!?

Replies:
Subject: Grade Exams?

Author:
DD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:58 04/05/18 Thu

Any summer NE feis hosting grade exams? Trying to get them done with minimal travel.

Subject: Nationals Room

Author:
AnnMarie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:26 04/05/18 Thu

Double room available in the block Friday June 29-Sunday july 1.. 3 nights

Replies:
Subject: Bluebonnet Feis and Grade Exams April 21, 2018 Dallas, TX

Author:
BB Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:27 04/05/18 Thu

It's not too late to sign up for the Bluebonnet Feis. Supplemental Prelims offer your dancer a chance to win 2 firsts in one day just in time to qualify for Nationals! Only one registration fee and hotel stay required!
6 stages, raffle baskets, awesome vendors. The hotel room block is open and it's only 5 minutes from D/FW Airport! Come feis in Texas! Dance in front of Nationals judges too!

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1802134490&key=68DCD8E

Replies:
Subject: UPDATE: The June 10th Irish Heritage Fies is open on Feisweb. We look forward to seeing everyone!

Author:
feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:07:10 04/05/18 Thu

Subject: Lenihan Schedule inside first reply

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:56 04/04/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan schedule out anywhere?

Author:
doublefeisprep
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:49:31 04/04/18 Wed

Subject: 11th Annual Lynn Academy Stamford Feis

Author:
Lynn Feis Commitee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:20:52 04/04/18 Wed

Stamford CT Feis
The 11th Annual Lynn Academy Stamford, CT Feis will be held on Sunday May 6, 2018.

Venue:
Stamford High School
55 Strawberry Hill Avenue
Stamford, CT

Start Time:
8:30am

Entries Due:
April 30, 2018

Entries:
www.feisweb.com

Adjudicators:

Dara O’Se Delap Scotland
David Smith Scotland
Kate O’Connor California
Blainaid McCaul Ireland
Martin Percival Colorado
Marcus Maloney Ireland
Kerry Ann Broderick New York
Maggie Ritnour New York
Patsy McLoughlin New Jersey
Joanie Cass New York
Joan Cass New York

Musicians:

Billy Keller New Jersey
Mairead Early New Jersey
Brian Boyce PA
Kevin Forde NJ
Karen Conway NJ

Subject: WOW, just back from Worlds, not many (any) posts to all the FAB NE dancers that danced in Glasgow, so here it goes... CONGRAT's to ALL the NE dancers that qualified, that went and danced, that recalled, that World Medalled!! Hope everyone had a FAB time in Glasgow! Just getting there is amazing!

Author:
12 year Veteran.....
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:02 04/03/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: CNY Feis in Syracuse, NY!

Author:
CNY Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:54 04/03/18 Tue

Looking to get that last first to qualify for Nationals, or get in front of a Nationals judge one more time? Enter the CNY Feis in Syracuse, NY on April 28, 2018 by 4/14 to avoid the late fee! Held at the NYS Fairgrounds, we have 4 Champ stages running in front of an esteemed panel of adjudicators. Some highlights:
*handmade chocolate round awards
*sashes for Top 5 in OC and Top 3 in PC
*fantastic pottery awards for PW, PC and OC
*new perpetuals
*unique competitions: Championship trad sets, Pre-Preliminary Championships, Adult Championships, food-themed charity Treble Reel competition to benefit the Syracuse Hunger Project (for groups or individuals)
* Adjudicators: Joe Seletski, NY; Sean Flynn, NY; Patsy McLoughlin, NY; Maggie Revis Basenburg, NH; Eileen McDonagh Morr, NY; Cathy Spencer Revis, NY; Kerry Broderick, NY; LuAnn O’Rourke Boyd, NY; Debbie Lynch-Webber, NY; Lexa Hickey, NJ; Maggie Ritnour, NY; Ronan McCormack, FL; Anthony Murnane, FL; Karl Drake, GA; Maureen Collins Novaco, NY; Colleen Quinlan Schroeder, PA; Sheila Stevens, CT; Isabella Fogerty, IRE; Kathleen Flaherty, MA; James Early, NJ
See our website for details: www.cnyfeis.com, enter on www.feisweb.com, and follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Subject: Jerry Mulvihill Memorial Feis will open on Feisweb next week!

Author:
MLS Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:29 04/03/18 Tue

Our annual feis, in honor of Jerry Mulvihill TCRG, will be held on Saturday, May 19th at Newfield High School in Selden, Long Island, NY. We are looking forward to opening registration next week on Feisweb.

Our venue is a short 10-15 minute drive to the Bridgeport/Port Jefferson Ferry terminal.

Subject: Does your school charge a fee for your teacher to attend majors or Feises?

Author:
Ours does and finding out others do not.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:28 04/03/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: CT champs

Author:
Idmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:34 04/02/18 Mon

Anyone have any idea when prelims will dance on Saturday. Trying to plan a family visit.

Replies:
Subject: Heading to ORLANDO for NANS? Check out the raffle opportunity from the Murray Academy Feis!

Author:
Murray Feis Fundraising Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:49 04/02/18 Mon

The Murray Feis is offering a new and exciting raffle opportunity for 2018!!
The winner will receive the choice between TWO 2-Day Park Hopper tickets to either Walt Disney World OR Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. Use them while you are traveling for Nationals or A family vacation!!

Subject: Does Liam Harney still teach anywhere? Just curious if he teaches anywhere here or if he lives in San Diego.

Author:
Older dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:24 04/02/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Murray Feis! Last day for the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: If you complete your registration by April 2, 2018, you will receive a 50% discount on the Family Fee.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:21 04/02/18 Mon

New this year!!! We are excited to announce our NEW same-day SECOND CHANCE COMPETITIONS for all Prizewinners & Preliminary Champions. The first and second chance competitions will have different judges. SAVE time and money while extending the fun of the day!

Our competitions will be held in beautiful and spacious Sanborn Regional High School, which has ample parking. We will have delicious, nutritious and reasonably priced food, excellent service, and friendly volunteers. Add our great judges and musicians, (all will be posted on our website), terrific awards and appearances by Murray the Moose, and we anticipate good times for all!

We are joining the 2018 celebration of the Irish language through our NEW art competition (no fee for entry). We will also be running a raffle limited to 250 chances for two 2-day Park-Hopper tickets for either Walt Disney World or Universal Studios in Orlando, FL (winner need not be present to purchase or win).

We invite you to check out our syllabus on: https://cararince.weebly.com/murray-academy-feis.html or go to https://feisweb.com/ We hope you will make the Murray Academy Feis part of your plans this May 20. We look forward to a great day of dancing and community with you!

Subject: newer mom here, wnat is the path to worlds..through the o? through nationals? young dd inspired this past week, thx!!!!

Author:
novmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:13:40 04/02/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Stage schedules for gray or Lenihan? Trying to plan double weekend

Author:
Dance12
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:39:15 04/02/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Hansen Keohane Feis is still accepting entries with no late fee

Author:
HK committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:17:22 04/02/18 Mon

We hope you can join us on April 15th for our feis.

Replies:
Subject: Back to Back Feis- Bracken School of Irish Dance

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:08:10 03/31/18 Sat

Two Feisanna, One Weekend! Bracken School of Irish Dance

In an effort to get the feis schedule out to everyone as early as possible we have moved up our last day of registration for both the Bracken Blackout Feis and Bracken School Feis to midnight TUESDAY, APRIL 17th. Please make a note and get your registrations in now at feisweb.com

Hoping for your 2nd first to get you to Open before the May 1st deadline and your last chance to qualify for Nationals before the cutoff? Join us the last weekend of April for not just 1 but two chances.

We are offering 2 separate feis' on the same weekend. One being our 1st ever Blackout Feis Saturday April 28 (no dresses, no wigs, no bling & no stress!)

You can register for both on Feisweb.com and you can find the syllabus for both days and FAQ's for our blackout feis on brackenirishdanceboston.com

We've got dancers from as far away as Arizona and Nova Scotia to join in the fun and we hope to see you there as well!

Replies:
Subject: Anyone doing hair and makeup at NANs? Daughter dances Saturday

Author:
Thanks Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:13 03/30/18 Fri

Subject: Dress sale at Connecticut Irish Dance Championships

Author:
Nicole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:41 03/30/18 Fri

Looking for info on dress sale. Will this Feis have a dress sale?

Subject: New England U16 Girls at Worlds

Author:
NE Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:52:53 03/29/18 Thu

Congratulations to all of our New England U16 Girls who danced beautifully at the World Championships Yesterday! Well done, everyone.

Subject: Murray Feis! 4 Days left for the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: If you complete your registration by April 2, 2018, you will receive a 50% discount on the Family Fee.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:21:45 03/29/18 Thu

Time is running out for the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: If you complete your registration by April 2, 2018, you will receive a 50% discount on the Family Fee.

New this year!!! We are excited to announce our NEW same-day SECOND CHANCE COMPETITIONS for all Prizewinners & Preliminary Champions. The first and second chance competitions will have different judges. SAVE time and money while extending the fun of the day!

Our competitions will be held in beautiful and spacious Sanborn Regional High School, which has ample parking. We will have delicious, nutritious and reasonably priced food, excellent service, and friendly volunteers. Add our great judges and musicians, (all will be posted on our website), terrific awards and appearances by Murray the Moose, and we anticipate good times for all!

We are joining the 2018 celebration of the Irish language through our NEW art competition (no fee for entry). We will also be running a raffle limited to 250 chances for two 2-day Park-Hopper tickets for either Walt Disney World or Universal Studios in Orlando, FL (winner need not be present to purchase or win).

We invite you to check out our syllabus on: https://cararince.weebly.com/murray-academy-feis.html or go to https://feisweb.com/ We hope you will make the Murray Academy Feis part of your plans this May 20. We look forward to a great day of dancing and community with you!

Subject: Is it gaffers tape that if put on the bottom of the HS it will help not mark up a school stage or floor? Thanks!

Author:
UI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:45 03/28/18 Wed

f

Replies:
Subject: Can someone please tell me the size of the crystals that are on buckles generally my young Dd has lost a few

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:35 03/27/18 Tue

Subject: Why does Irish dance allow so many dancers to make it to Nationals and Worlds? In many other sports it is the top 3/5 from their region country .....

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:59 03/27/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Shea-Jennings Feis is open for entries on www.efeis.com

Author:
sj feis secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:42 03/27/18 Tue

May 5, 2018
Union County College, Cranford, NJ

Sashes for Prelim/Open Champs, round medals,

SAT age groups will be scheduled later in the day.

Replies:
Subject: Worlds... Trying to understand results do all who recall get something? the results list medal holders to top 50 percent. Do the recalls go to awards? how does it work

Author:
aa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:04 03/26/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Hansen keohane feis

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:31 03/25/18 Sun

Is this feis still accepting entries, don't see deadline date. Thx

Replies:
Subject: Dave Matthews fans: any good song my dd could dance to (ss or hs) for a surprise at a wedding thx

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:11:54 03/24/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Where do you get your school gear from? ie shorts, skorts, T-shirt’s , warmup gear etc

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:35 03/23/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Grade exams

Author:
Shauna
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:27 03/23/18 Fri

Hello! I am looking to start taking my grade exams but do not see many postings about any. Does anyone know of any Feis’s that are having them or schoolshosting? It would be great in the New England region, but willing to travel. Just looking to take the first set as soon as possible.

Replies:
Subject: Two Feisanna, One Weekend! Bracken School of Irish Dance

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:39 03/22/18 Thu

Subject: Grey

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:28:46 03/22/18 Thu

Does anyone know when u18 danced at Gray last year? Tried to arrange a family dinner

Replies:
Subject: iFeis iPad Adjudicator App

Author:
Win@iFeis.net
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:38:12 03/21/18 Wed

As we refine the iFeis user experience, we continue to set the bar and develop new functionality. We are excited to announce development of an iFeis iPad Adjudicator App. Leveraging an iPad with the Apple pencil and an app developed exclusively by iFeis, the new app seamlessly merges the iPad Pro and scoring using handwriting recognition. Working with ADCRG’s during its development, we expect to begin “Reel” world testing soon, with plans to offer the option to adjudicators in 2018. Take a look at iFeis.net or email to find out more about the advantages of iFeis. See the iFeis Adjudicator iPad at https://youtu.be/KcfP6CRIR_s

Subject: Good Luck to all New England girls and boys going to worlds this weekend. Leave it all on the stage and have fun

Author:
Boston Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:48:50 03/21/18 Wed

Subject: Horgan Feis?

Author:
SouthernMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:52:00 03/21/18 Wed

Any word on if/when this Feis will open this spring? It’s one of our favorites & we were sad the winter feis was canceled. Hoping this one is a go!

Replies:
Subject: Murray Feis - Time is running out for the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: If you complete your registration by April 2, 2018, you will receive a 50% discount on the Family Fee.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:00:44 03/21/18 Wed

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:43 03/19/18 Mon

Now that St. Patrick's Day madness is ending, just a quick reminder that our entry due date is approaching. Please get your check in the mail on or before March 23 to avoid paying the $15 late fee. Remember we charge the late fee based on the postmark date on your envelope, not by the date you entered online. Thanks and see you April 8!

Subject: Lenihan School Annual Feis Room Block

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:10:12 03/14/18 Wed

The hotel block for the Lenihan Feis is now open at the Trumbull Marriott. Please call 1-800-682-4095 and ask for the Lenihan School of Irish Dance room block or visit https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bdrct-trumbull-marriott-merritt-parkway/ and enter the code "lenlene" in the special offers and discounts field. Please book your room by 3/27 to take advantage of the special $99 rate!

Subject: 4 more days to confirm your entry in the CNY Feis and become eligible for the $100 cash drawing!

Author:
CNY Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:30:30 03/13/18 Tue

Visit us at www.cnyfeis.com or enter on Feisweb. Entries must be paid in full by 3/17/2018

Subject: Anyone know the next feis that Feis Fayre will be at? Thank you!

Author:
suz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:55 03/13/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: What do people recommend for dance flooring? I have a small office I’d like to turn into a practice room. It’s currently carpet over concrete. Thanks in advance!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:56:50 03/13/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan School Annual Feis Adjudicators

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:28:08 03/12/18 Mon

Adjudicators for our feis are:

Kerry Broderick A.D.C.R.G., NY
Sheila Cloherty A.D.C.R.G., MA
Frank Cunniffe A.D.C.R.G., NJ
Michael Fitzpatrick A.D.C.R.G., MA
James Friel A.D.C.R.G., NJ
Donny Golden A.D.C.R.G., NY
Pat Hall A.D.C.R.G., CO
Brendan O'Brien A.D.C.R.G., Ireland
Maggie Ritnour A.D.C.R.G., NY
Christina Ryan-Kilcoyne A.D.C.R.G., PA

Hotel block information will be out shortly. See you April 8!

Replies:

Author:
HK committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:46:30 03/11/18 Sun

We hope you can join us for The Hansen Keohane Feis on April 15th in Dedham, MA. The feis syllabus is available on our website. There will be 3 rounds for Open, medal rounds, sashes and more. Mail your entry in soon.

Replies:
Subject: Are there any Lynn Academy families here who know whether there will be a feis in May?

Author:
TIA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:06 03/11/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Are DBBA and Sullivan associated from doing a workshop with Tara McConomy together?

Author:
Curious and unsure of assoc rules
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:29:54 03/10/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Probably a really stupid question from a new parent do all boys who go to nationals automatically qualify for worlds because their numbers are so low in general

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:17:08 03/10/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if Horgan is happening?

Author:
??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:27:59 03/09/18 Fri

Subject: What are your school's requirements to move to prelim? Curious about how different it might be at different schools.

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:56:00 03/07/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: You seem to be the one who can’t handle a different opinion. So sorry you don’t seem to understand that some people had a different experience than you. Now get over it.

Author:
Don’t you have anything better to do?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:30:51 03/06/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: New England feis

Author:
Fesiweb results & postings at feis don't match (Frustrated and unimpressed DM)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:50:57 03/05/18 Mon

NOT a good experience yesterday at the Saugus feis. Maybe had we danced early in the day things would have been better? Out of the 5 dances that my daughter competed in, the judges changed 4 times, one judge being relieved of her duties seconds before the dancing was to begin (judge was pregnant). Another was complaining that he had a 5 1/2 journey ride home after the competition to the score of parents that had been waiting there since 3:15 for their children to dance.(it was after 5:00 pm) But...the kicker is that the posted feisweb results did not match the results posted on the walls at the competition!! My husband always chided me for taking a photo of the results on the wall but yesterday we found total discrepancies in the postings. It was only after looking at the feisweb results this morning that we saw the mistakes. Dancers be aware - how very unfortunate for all the dancers that this may have happened to yesterday. They work very hard to improve and move up classes - I understand that it may have been a long day for all but the dancers at the end of the day deserve the same respect from the judges that judge in the morning & afternoon sets.

Replies:
Subject: New England Feis

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:01 03/05/18 Mon

Yesterday was a great feis! Awards came out quickly, floors were pretty good, awards ran quickly and smoothly, and the medals were beautiful! Definitely was worth the long drive! How was everyone else’s experience?

Replies:
Subject: Judge coaching student

Author:
Idmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:33 03/04/18 Sun

So there was quite an event in Saugus today. A judge stopping the music to help her student she WAS JUDGING in U11 novice!!! So inappropriate. Anyone witness this?!

Replies:
Subject: Didn’t see oldest prelim on FB - anyone know results?

Author:
TIA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:15 03/04/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: is the Horgan feis still happening in April?

Author:
uuu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:44:27 03/04/18 Sun

it is still listed on the schedule

Replies:
Subject: results being posted anywhere today pls?

Author:
sickkid
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:21 03/04/18 Sun

Subject: Gray feis

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:17 03/02/18 Fri

Is there a room block at the Hartford Hilton for this feis? A promo code?

Replies:
Subject: Hard shoes

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:05:15 03/02/18 Fri

ISO size 2 1/2 hard shoes. Looking in and around Boston ( West Roxbury) so my daughter can try them on. Please email me. Thanks.

Subject: New England Feis Still Happening?

Author:
Mid-Am Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:10:51 03/01/18 Thu

Flying from the Mid America region and our airlines notified us of a likely cancellation due to weather. Is there any chance it would get moved to a different date?

Replies:
Subject: The Garden State Feis schedule has been posted on our website: http://mariemooreirishdance.com/gardenstatefeis-2018/

Author:
GSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:10 03/01/18 Thu

Subject: Worlds room available 3/29-4/2 at Point A Hotel Glasgow

Author:
AP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:25:46 02/27/18 Tue

Double room available at Point A Hotel Glasgow from 3/29-4/2 (4 nights) for $327.45 USD. Amenities include free wifi and breakfast. The room was booked for one person, but up to 2 guests can be added for an additional fee with the hotel. Please contact if interested.

Subject: Does anyone know if the larger grades groups for the New England Regional Feis will be split?

Author:
? thank you in advance!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:30 02/27/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: It's on please explain when do switch to contemporary set vs trad set is it an age thing or a level thing thank you

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:05:04 02/27/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Hansen Keohane Feis?

Author:
Marie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:35:31 02/26/18 Mon

NAIDC lists Hansen Keohane feis as 4/15/18 but no info on website....is this feis happening?

Replies:
Subject: Has the rule changed regarding two firsts in different years...are you still required to move immediately into open when winning your second first?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:52 02/26/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan Feis Committee - please post the adjudicators! Won’t pay until we see the panel.

Author:
OC mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:27 02/26/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: The 2018 New England Regional Feis Schedule is now available. Please visit our website for all details and information http://newenglandregion.wixsite.com/newenglandregionfeis/feis-schedule

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:26 02/25/18 Sun

Notes:
-Doors will open at 7:00 am.
-Please arrive early and be ready to dance 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
-Competitions will not begin earlier than 30 minutes before starting time.
-With the exception of Open Champions, competitions for boys/men and girls/women are combined.
-Prelim and Open Championships will start with heavy shoes first.

Social Media:
-All results will be posted on Facebook: 2018 New
England Regional Feis.

If you have any questions, please email newenglandfeis@gmail.com

Subject: Anyone know if you can call to make a reservation at the hotel that is associated with the Cape Cod feis instead of e mailing your payment? Not super excited to put my CC# on an e mail

Author:
🤔🧐
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:11:39 02/23/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: I have questions about the New England Regional Feis on March 4th. I see that the 3 co-chairs are from the Brady Academy, Clann Lir and McFadden so I assume this feis is being hosted by these 3 schools only. But elsewhere on the syllabus they refer to themselves as "the New England Region Co-Chairs". Does this mean that this feis is hosted by all the NE schools? Or that these 3 TCs are now our regional directors?

Author:
confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:05:39 02/23/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: 2 Rooms Available for July 2 & 3 - In Block (Rosen Center)

Author:
Overbooked
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:16:19 02/22/18 Thu

Due to an unfortunate website mistake I ended up with 2 extra rooms, each one for 2 nights (july 2nd and 3rd).

If you are looking for a room in the block, I'll be happy to transfer these to your name.

Subject: Hilton Orlando room

Author:
HPKIDM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:36:41 02/22/18 Thu

like many others, I'm in search of a room (in the block) at Orlando Hilton, 6/30 to 7/4. thanks in advance

Subject: New England Teachers Feis... can you please let us know who the adjudicators are?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:04:40 02/21/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Look for a room at Hilton

Author:
Viv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:20 02/21/18 Wed

Desperately looking for a double room at the Hilton Orlando June 30-July 5th.
Many thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Was anyone else not aware that the host was charging for $25.00 per person for any additional room guests over 2? I have a room with 2 beds but had to pay 50 a day for my other dancer and husband. Thats BS!!!!

Author:
This process SUCKS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:03 02/21/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Irene Horgan! As I was searching for information on the April Feis, I came across a Facebook post. Irene earned a PhD! Quite an accomplishment from a respected member of our community. Congratulations Irene!!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:49:45 02/20/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Feis na Nollag 2018

Author:
Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:40:25 02/19/18 Mon

We were so happy to have you all in Brooklyn yesterday. It was a great day. We were humbled by everyone’s response to our small tribute to Irish Dancer, Cara Loughran. It was beautiful to see all of the dancers wear her name on their cards as they all danced. It was also beautiful to see how everyone embraced it and took it one step further. I’ve never seen so many people wear purple at once! Thank you! Thank you to Jeanne and Michael Farrel (Head for the World) for making hundreds of ribbons for our competitors and their families. We appreciate your good hearts! Today we are busy wrapping things up. All Grade Level Marks (Beginner, Advanced Beginner, Novice, Prizewinner) Will be emailed to the competitors. They will be sent to the email you used to register for Efeis. Please check your spam/junk mail and if should have questions regarding grades marks, they can be sent to goldenfeisresults at gmail dot com. As this process is manually entered, please allow time. Our connectivity at the venue was slim to none and we apologize that this was a task we could not begin at the feis. Preliminary and Open championship marks distributed as the respective competitions were resulted yesterday. Results for those competitions can be viewed at http://feisnanollag dot blogspot dot com. Champ award pics will also be posted today.

Replies:
Subject: Win £1000.00 towards a brand new Elite Dance Deisgn Costume

Author:
Northern Irish Dance Championships
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:55:23 02/19/18 Mon

Elite Dance Design have given us a voucher worth £1000.00 towards a brand new dance costume.
To be in with a chance of winning this you can purchase tickets from ;
https://dancelabel1.wixsite.com/mysite
Draw will take place at his years championships (4th March)

Subject: Dress debate - why do we settle for less?

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:19 02/19/18 Mon

There is a post on the U.K. board about the best dresses at All Irelands - all of which are worn by Irish and U.K. dancers. I have observed over the years that US/NA dancers, even the best (unless they dance for the designer), receive inferior dresses. NA contributes an inordinate % of the dress designer revenue, yet receive a lesser product. It just seems crazy to me that we butter their bread but get the scraps. I am not saying we deserve more/better, the same quality and WOW factor would be nice.

How is it that a strong NA based design talent has not emerged to deliver the same/better quality and design?

Please keep names out of discussion. Really just looking to see if my observation is felt by others as well.

Replies:
Subject: Inishfree Feis

Author:
Julie Egan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:52 02/17/18 Sat

Registration for the Inishfree Feis on 2/25 has been extended through Wednesday 2/21.

Subject: Bracken Blackout Feis

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:53:06 02/17/18 Sat

Hello Dance Friends,
We have posted FAQs including costume information on our website (brackenirishdanceboston.com) and our Bracken School Feis facebook page. This is the first time we are hosting a blackout feis so we appreciate your questions. We're sure we haven't thought of everything so if you still have questions after reading our FAQs please feel free to contact us directly by email or through facebook for a prompt response. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work through the details and will update the FAQs as needed. Please join us for what we hope will be a fun and relaxing day!

Subject: Will there be an April Feis for Horgan?

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:56:41 02/16/18 Fri

Subject: I am aware that the bracken black out feis says no bling, am I correct to assume my daughter cannot wear her shoe buckles?

Author:
Bracken black out feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:54 02/16/18 Fri

New mom on scene, trying to get ahold of a black out feis as I have never had my daughter compete in one. Are hair pieces aloud as long as they don't have diamonds on them? Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: New England Feiseanna and older open dancers

Author:
Disappointed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:48:33 02/16/18 Fri

As more and more dancers are staying in ID longer, doesn't it make sense to add additional older age groups in competitions. And don't give me the larger the numbers, the better. For instance in an upcoming feis there are 2 registered for U9, 6 registered for U10 and 10 for U11; shouldn't they be combined? Even doing so, there are still less than the 24 registered in the oldest comp which combines 5 age groups. Especially closer to majors, these dancers want to see how they compare to their own age, not the top 5 age groups. Have noticed many of the Mid-Atlantic feiseanna are offering U20 and 20+ groups. Maybe NE can follow suit as the oldest group historically is the largest group in most cases.

Replies:
Subject: The 2018 Murray Academy Feis, scheduled for Sun., May 20 in Kingston, NH, is open for registration on FeisWeb! We are excited to announce our NEW same-day SECOND CHANCE COMPETITIONS for all Prizewinners & Preliminary Champions. The first and second chance competitions will have different judges. SAVE time and money while extending the fun of the day! Also, please note our EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: If you complete your registration by April 2, 2018, you will receive a 50% discount on the Family Fee.

Author:
Murray Academy Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:48:17 02/14/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Of you when a 1st can you when a first again in second chance or are you out..How do second chance Feis Work must you enter the first Feis for the second. How are they timed out are they aln all day thing if you do both ?

Author:
Help
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:39:40 02/14/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Long shot!

Author:
Thanks in advance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:42 02/14/18 Wed

Would anyone happen to know the music used in this awards presentation? I'm an Irish trad music fan in addition to being a dancer and have been looking for it for years, thought someone out there might recognize it. If anyone knows, thank you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTR6GpqUb48

Replies:
Subject: Inishfree Feis closes in 3 days!

Author:
Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:59 02/13/18 Tue

Don't miss out!! Five Champ stages...Five overseas Adjudicators!! Perpetuals for Prelims and Opens!! New age groups...Tiny Tots, U21 & 21 & Over!! We hope to see you there!

Subject: For the BRacken Black out Feis can girls wear poddle socks with black leotard and skirt.. sylabus says tights.. Dancer hates tights

Author:
BB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:11:23 02/12/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Thanks for the responses! We’ll be in Brookline. 45-60 minutes or so is reasonable. I’d love to be able to pop her on the T when she’s older.

Author:
OP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:24 02/11/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Rose & Shamrock schedule is posted at our website.

Author:
Rose & Shamrock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:26:04 02/11/18 Sun

Our stage schedule can be found at: https://www.roseandshamrock.org/irish-dance.

*Please remember this is a no solo costume/no wig feis.*

Dancing will begin promptly at 8am and doors will open at 7am. There will be a room to sell costumes on level 2 of the venue. Please do not hang costumes elsewhere in the venue. If costumes are found hanging for sale in other areas, they will be removed.

The feis is part of a large festival and admission to all areas of the festival are free except the headliner, Barleyjuice (Main stage 7:30-9pm). Also don't forget to check out the free ceili Friday night with live music.

All vendor, parking, hotel and food information, as well as the festival map and festival schedule can be found on our website at www.roseandshamrock.org.

Subject: Does anyone know of a feis in the NE region offering grade 11 exam?

Author:
Please and thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:51:48 02/11/18 Sun

Subject: any new England dancers at AI?

Author:
supporter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:35:25 02/11/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Are results for Florida Feis being posted today?

Author:
ThankU
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:12 02/10/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: results for all Irelands

Author:
jigmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:47:52 02/09/18 Fri

Where do results for all Irelands get posted??

Replies:
Subject: Inishfree Feis, Sunday, February 25, 2018.

Author:
Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:59 02/09/18 Fri

Reminder...we close in one week! Don't miss out!

Subject: Garden State Feis: We're almost full! Please register ASAP and finalize your entries with PayPal to avoid deletion. We're looking forward to a fun feis day and hope to see you all there!

Author:
GSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:42 02/09/18 Fri

Subject: Quick question in Prelim is the rule 2 first same year can remain in Prelim for the year?

Author:
Prelim Question
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:45 02/09/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Rose & Shamrock Feis Attendees:

Author:
Rose and Shamrock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:53:09 02/08/18 Thu

Please note the following reminders:

1. The Feis begins promptly at 8am. Doors open at 7am. Stage Schedule should be released early next week.
2. Vendor information, Parking information, Hotel information, Food information, Festival Map, Festival schedule, etc... can all be found on our website at: www.roseandshamrock.org
3. If you are selling a costume, you will need to hang it in the "Used Irish Dance Costumes" room on Level 2.
4. You do not need to bring chairs as the Marriott will have sufficient seating at all stages.
5. Admission to all parts of the Festival are free except the headlining band on Saturday night (Barleyjuice on the Main Stage from 7:30-9:00pm.)
6. This is a NO SOLO COSTUME, NO WIGS feis. Please read the syllabus for a full description.
7. Don't forget to check out the Irish Ceili on Friday night in the Commonwealth Ballroom (Level 2 of the Marriott.) 7-9pm with live Irish Music and Ceili dancing being taught.
8. If you have any inquiries, please feel free to contact us at: admin@roseandshamrock.org

Subject: Looking for a dance school in the Boston area that takes transfers, is low drama, etc.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:39:25 02/08/18 Thu

We are moving to the area. I’d like to take my daughter somewhere that encourages a healthy balance, doesn’t do excessive amounts of endurance drills (some is obviously necessary), and cares about injury prevention. willing to drive. Hoping for opinions but please don’t drag schools names through the mud. I don’t want to start drama.

Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: New England Regional Feis 2018

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:37:47 02/08/18 Thu

Don't forget to register for the 2018 New England Regional Feis! Registrations closed February 21st. We will have raised stages, sashes for top three in prelim and open, medal rounds, and much more! We hope you will be able to join us!

Confirmed Adjudicators:
- Dearbhala Fay, Chicago
- Fiona McCabe, Ireland
- Joe Seletski, New York
- Linda Sanfilipo, New York
- Marcus Maloney, Ireland
- Kim Lancaster, Canada
- Karl Drake, Atlanta
- Michael Belvitch, Chicago
- Maggie Basenberg, New Hampshire
- Sheila Cloherty, Massachusetts

Musicians:
• Seamus O’Sullivan~ Scotland
• Michael Fitzpatrick ~ Massachusetts
• Dan Foster ~ Connecticut

Replies:
Subject: The Bob Gabor CNY Feis is now open for entries on Feisweb! Held at the NYS Fairgrounds in Syracuse, NY on Saturday, April 28.

Author:
CNY Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:04:49 02/08/18 Thu

*Unique pottery awards for prizewinner, prelim and open
*Handmade sashes for top 5 in open and top 3 in prelim; round awards for all Champs
*Championship traditional set competition
*Themed Charity Treble reel to benefit the Syracuse St. Patrick Hunger Project
*Pre-Championship Competitions for U6 and U7
*New this year: Adult Championship competitions
*Entries and tabulation by Feisweb
More information on our website: www.cnyfeis.com. Please contact the feis committee directly @ cnyfeis@gmail.com with any questions

Subject: The Garden State Feis is only a few days from our closing date & the last spots are filling up quickly. We will be deleting unpaid entries regularly from this point on so please make sure to register ASAP & finalize your payments with PayPal. Look forward to seeing everyone in March!

Author:
GSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:38:43 02/07/18 Wed

Subject: Dd in grades, seeing white ss laces and the taping of hs...something needed to win..when do you start that, tx

Author:
mumma
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:46:30 02/07/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Can the Lenihan Feis Committee please post the adjudicators? Thank you!

Author:
tia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:23 02/06/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Since the Belfast-based Cro Magnon was foolish enough to post again about the same young woman, that person has been permanently banned. London-area Atkins user, you're probably going to be next, given the way you've been posting. Any time you post a comment and then post five replies to your own comment to make it look like people agree with you, it might be time to get off the boards and go get a life. If you can't behave you'll be gone too.

Author:
annoyed moderator
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:40 02/05/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Who are the Lenihan Feis judges?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:16:36 02/05/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Shamrock School Feis

Author:
Sheila & Shannon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:23 02/05/18 Mon

Just want to say thanks you to all the families who participated in our Feis yesterday. We had concerns about scheduleing with 475 Champion dancers signed up. We did get it done in a timely fashion. Last Champ competition finished at 4:30p. Thank you for your patience, and support. See you all next year again. Now we can chill for a while.

Replies:
Subject: NANs Hotels

Author:
hotel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:54:52 02/05/18 Mon

How does the booking work for NANs? Do you have to call each hotel individually or can you book the room blocks on-line with a code?

Replies:
Subject: What new Engalnd State is easiest to place in? Your opinion...or4 has less dancers in events CT appears small

Author:
ss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:43:14 02/05/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: What are the rules with private lessons in IRish dance

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:33:16 02/05/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Anyone have personal familiarity w Sacred Heart’s Irish dance team?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:59:49 02/05/18 Mon

Have reviewed info on the web. Curious about auditions, scholarship, credit ID course, competitive vs. team feel, etc. from dancers familiar with the program. Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: "Blacks" costumes

Author:
Dancer829
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:03:12 02/05/18 Mon

Where do your dancers typically get these simple all black costumes? I have been searching online but can't find any!

Replies:
Subject: What sites are the best for looking for used Solo Dance Dresses?

Author:
mary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:28 02/05/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Any results for 343 PC U10? Not on the twitter feed.

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:08:12 02/04/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: is shamrock posting results anywhere

Author:
home
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:23:13 02/04/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: The 6th Annual Feis at the Beach, April 14th, 2018, is open for registration on Feisweb.com

Author:
FAB Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:47:23 02/03/18 Sat

Author:
Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:25:57 02/02/18 Fri

Just a friendly reminder that entries for our 26th Annual Feis will be closing in 2 weeks. Enter today to avoid a late fee! Visit our Feis webpage at www.inishfreeny.com for a complete list of Adjudicators/Musicians and Vendors. As usual we will be tweeting Champ awards so be sure to follow @inishfreefeis on Twitter. We hope to see you there!

Subject: Anyone arriving in Dublin for the AI on 2/12? Looking to share a ride to Killarney

Author:
Ride Sharer!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:13 02/02/18 Fri

Subject: websites for dress sales

Author:
dress mama
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:11:23 02/01/18 Thu

Hello! Could those of you whom have recently bought or sold a dress online suggest which sites would be best for listing a dress?

Many thanks!!

Replies:
Subject: feis calculator

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:39:29 01/31/18 Wed

Can someone tell me where I can find the feis estimator. I can't find the one I used to use

Replies:
Subject: NAIDC day schedule is out. And also, eeewwww the logo

Author:
finally
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:25 01/30/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Is it me or are the Feis getting costly!!! Why is light jig now a Prizewinner event? More $$ Does it count as a first now!

Author:
Annoyed mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:43 01/30/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Disney/Universal Raffle!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:37:59 01/29/18 Mon

The Murray Feis is offering a new and exciting
raffle opportunity for 2018!!
The winner will receive the choice between TWO 2-Day Park
Hopper tickets to either Walt Disney World OR Universal
Studios in Orlando Florida. Use them while you are traveling for Nationals or A family vacation!!

Replies:
Subject: Looking for ID experienced physical therapist near Boston College

Author:
Cate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:37:55 01/29/18 Mon

My daughter is on the BCID team and is having a flair up of foot pain that she successfully treated with PT while in high school. Her PT was great with Irish dancers. She really knew how they moved while dancing and was able to put together treatment plans that accommodated/dealt with the unique twists that ID has. Wondering if anyone can suggest a PT near BC who knows how Irish dancers move. She doesn't have a car, so access via the T or a not-too-expensive Uber is needed. Thanks from a Southern Region mom!

Replies:
Subject: So is the Bracken Feis 2 Feis one Saturday/Sunday but 1 blackout?what do u prefer?

Author:
Dd (Dd)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:52 01/27/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan Annual Feis

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:01 01/27/18 Sat

The Lenihan Annual Feis is now open for registration on Feis Web! The feis will take place Sunday, April 8, at Flood Middle School in Stratford, CT.

Reminder- we do have a cap of 800 dancers. We always reach our cap, so please enter AND send your payment early to avoid disappointment. Your entry is not complete until we have received your check. Payments are mail-in only, as usual.
Please read the syllabus on lenihanirishdance.com for complete information.

Adjudicators and hotel info to follow. Hope to see you on April 8!

Subject: Rose & Shamrock Feis is very close to our cap on Feisweb.

Author:
Rose and Shamrock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:35:46 01/26/18 Fri

If you were planning to enter the Rose and Shamrock Feis in Lancaster, PA (2/17/18), please do so very soon as our feis is nearing it's cap. Also, any unpaid entries will be deleted soon so please take care of your balances so as not to disappoint any dancers who were hoping to compete. Thank you to everyone for supporting our feis. We are looking forward to seeing you all for an awesome feis and Celtic festival in February!

Subject: Good morning! Just a friendly Garden State Feis reminder that we are about 2 weeks out from our closing date. Once we reach our paid cap we will not reopen, so please register soon to avoid disappointing your dancers!

Author:
GSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:47 01/25/18 Thu

Subject: Heading to Curry college for their MBA program! Any competitive schools in the Mi!ton/Hyde Park area? Not loo

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:27:52 01/21/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Feis na Nollag - see inside post for detailsg

Author:
Donny Golden SChool
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:55 01/21/18 Sun

Registration continues for Feis na Nollag – Donny Golden School Feis. The feis is being held on February 18th at Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn NY. In addition to routine competitions, our feis offers the following:

special needs competition

soda bread & brown bread competitions

traditional set competitions

medal rounds for Preliminary and Open Championships

sashes for top three in Preliminary and Open Championships

Feis na Nollag Perpetual Cup Dance Off for the top three winners of select competitions (as listed in syllabus).

Competitor cards will be available for pick up at the feis. Doors open at 7:45 am and competitions begin at 8:45 am.

Please register via www.efeis.com by January 29th and late entries will be accepted until February 5th with an additional fee of $10.00. Any changes made to entry require $15.00 change fee. Payments for entries may be made online or mail in option. All inquiries can be emailed to feisnanollag@gmail.com.

Adjudicators:
Sue Fay Healy, Canada
Bernadette Short, Canada
Laureen O’Neill James, Washington DC
Maureen Armstrong, Florida
John O’Keefe, Connecticut
Anna O’Sulliva, NY
Deirdre O’Sullivan, NY
Maureen Hamilton Nelson, NJ
Patricia Murphy, NY
Cristina Ryan, PA
JJ Hester, NJ
Lexa Hickey, NJ
Linda Farrell Sanfilippo, NY

Musicians:
Kathleen Lavin
Dom Lavin
Billy Furlong
Pattie Moriarity Morrissey
Niall Mulligan
Billy Keller
Danny Burke
Krista Charles

Vendors:
Head for the World
Feis Head
Fays Shoes
Dance Bling
Maui Wowi Hawaiian Coffees & Smoothies

Subject: Does anyone need flights on Aer Lingus?

Author:
Sue
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:57:21 01/20/18 Sat

Can't attend All Irelands, looking to sell Aer Lingus flight tickets at reduced rate with change fee. If you will be traveling on Aer Lingus in 2018 and need tickets please let me know :)

Replies:
Subject: For those who booked Norwegian Air to Edinbergh, beware!

Author:
Be forwarned
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:41 01/18/18 Thu

See this article which states travel to Edinburgh has been limited https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/norwegian-to-axe-a-us-route-from-edinburgh-over-tax-cut-delays-1-4663009/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Replies:
Subject: Save the Date

Author:
Brackenfeis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:37:07 01/18/18 Thu

Save The Date- The Bracken School of Irish Dance will have back to back feis' this year for the final weekend of April! They will both be held at Triton High School in Byfield MA.

Saturday April 28th will be the Bracken Black Out Feis- No dresses, no bling, no wigs- just dancing! (rules will be detailed in the syllabus)

Sunday April 29th will be the Bracken School Feis- back for our third year we are excited to wow you again this year!

Our syllabus is currently being approved and as soon as it is we will let you know it has gone live on Feisweb.

See you in April!

Replies:
Subject: Rhythm in the Night - 5th Anniversary Tour

Author:
Two Step Productions
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:49:43 01/17/18 Wed

Two Step Productions has two male Irish dancer positions remaining for the upcoming 5th Anniversary Tour for Rhythm in the Night, The Irish Dance Spectacular! Must be atleast 16 years of age and able to travel in the US! Must be available from February 19th - March 25th! Send your audition to Info@RhythmintheNight.com and you could join the fastest growing Irish dance show in the U.S. on the 5th Anniversary Tour! Good luck to all!

Subject: ID Costume Design Phone Number

Author:
idancer278
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:28:45 01/17/18 Wed

Hello,

Does anyone know the phone number to best contact ID Costume Design? I have searched on the internet and their social media and cannot find it anywhere. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Room available for All Ireland's. Feb14-17 (3 nights) at Gleneagke for two with breakfast.. 109 euros per night

Author:
Reservation. Can be transferred.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:40:48 01/17/18 Wed

Gleneagle Hotel from Feb. 14-17 with breakfast for 109 euros per night for two.

Replies:
Subject: Save the Date! Murray Feis!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:16 01/16/18 Tue

Save the date! Murray feis will take place May 20th 2018! Syllabus will be out soon. Look for some fun additional competitions, international judges and much more! We will also hold an exciting raffle for 2x two day passes to Disney or Universal Studios. Make that trip extra special to NANs! More information to follow!

Replies:
Subject: Shamrock Stitchery Dress for Sale

Author:
Dress for Sale
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:51:49 01/16/18 Tue

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1273767002706169/permalink/1599743093441890/?sale_post_id=1599743093441890

Subject: Eire Design Dress for Sale

Author:
Dress for Sale
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:49:39 01/16/18 Tue

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1273767002706169/permalink/1599730846776448/?sale_post_id=1599730846776448

Subject: Can anyone tell me what is a double-reel?

Author:
Tx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:34:02 01/16/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: ID Designs Solo Dress for Sale $950 https://www.facebook.com/groups/659698917433037/permalink/1699203240149261/?sale_post_id=1699203240149261

Author:
Western Region Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:46:18 01/15/18 Mon

Subject: 2018 New England Regional Feis

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:10 01/15/18 Mon

Registration is now open for the 2018 New England Regional Feis. The feis will be held Sunday March 4th at Saugus High School. Our feis will offer raised stages for all dancers, medal rounds for Prelim and Open Champions, sashes for top three in Prelim and Open, and much more! Competitions will start at 8:00 am. To register, please visit www.feisweb.com.

Below, please find our 2018 Adjudicators and Musicians. We will update you with other adjudicators as they are confirmed....

Adjudicators:
• Dearbhala Fay, Chicago
• Joe Seletski, New York
• Linda Sanfilipo, New York
• Marcus Maloney, Ireland
• Kim Lancaster, Canada
• Karl Drake, Atlanta
• Michael Belvitch, Chicago
• Maggie Basenberg, New Hampshire
• Sheila Cloherty, Massachusetts

Musicians:
• Seamus O’Sullivan~ Scotland
• Michael Fitzpatrick ~ Massachusetts
• Dan Foster ~ Conneticut

Replies:
Subject: Any grade exams coming up in New England

Author:
Trying for geade 7-8
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:36 01/14/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: newbie here: the embroidery on the cross cross pattern on sleeve coming undone, how do I stop? black on black velvet on our first used dress tx

Author:
novmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:19 01/14/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Patsy McLoughlins Golden Jubilee

Author:
Karen Early Conway
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:33 01/13/18 Sat

Please join us in congratulating Patsy McLoughlin, ADCRG on her 50th anniversary of teaching Irish Dancing!! If you’d to send a congratulatory note or card to her on this special anniversary we will be celebrating at our school dance on February 25th.

Subject: Trying to printer dance number for HPK and the link is broken on Feis Web. Anyone have a contact email for Feis Web--can't find one on the site.

Author:
Frustrated
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:58:14 01/13/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Looking to transfer a spot for a new dress with Open Wings official if they need a new dress made.

Author:
leave email
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:12:39 01/12/18 Fri

Subject: Garden State Feis

Author:
GSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:39 01/12/18 Fri

Please note that our closing deadline is FEBRUARY 9th, as noted on our Syllabus. The 26th date listed on Feisweb is the last date to make CHANGES (we have asked for this to be corrected). Please enter ASAP so that we are able to prepare an accurate schedule to post before the Feis. We look forward to seeing everyone in March!

Subject: Feis Fayre

Author:
Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:50:42 01/12/18 Fri

Does anyone know if there is a contact number in New York?

Subject: Save the Date!!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:31:43 01/09/18 Tue

Lenihan Annual Feis will take place on Sunday, April 8 in Stratford, CT. Please note the date change, as our usual date is Easter Sunday.

Syllabus will be out shortly and registration will begin soon. Hope to see you on April 8!

Subject: Would someone please share schedule experience w Prelim 16+ at HPK feis?

Author:
Sched shows 11:45. Reliable? 4-hour drive for us. Thank you.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:51:28 01/08/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if the Horgan Winter Feis is happening?

Author:
ytt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:02 01/08/18 Mon

I see it listed in some places as 1/27-28 but nothing on Horgan website etc.

Replies:
Subject: Prelim

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:31:41 01/08/18 Mon

I thought that once you had two prelim firsts from a previous year, you couldn't dance in prelim anymore. I see mid atlantic dancers with two firsts signed up for prelim this weekend. Can anyone confirm the rules?

Replies:

Author:
Date Change?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:38:35 01/08/18 Mon

I am sure it really won't be on Easter Sunday....

Replies:
Subject: Judges for NAIDC have been chosen. List not released yet but some schools have been notified are there any New England schools out?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:50:59 01/08/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Please check your messages if you are selling or inquiring about dresses on FB.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:23:14 01/07/18 Sun

Subject: Rhythm in the Night Auditions

Author:
Two Step Productions
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:48 01/06/18 Sat

***OPEN AUDITION CALLING***
ATTENTION ALL IRISH DANCERS

Do you think you have what it takes to join the fastest growing Irish dance show in the country?! Two Step Productions is now accepting applicants for the upcoming 5th Anniversary Tour for Rhythm in the Night, The Irish Dance Spectacular! Check the requirements below and submit your audition to Info@RhythmInTheNight.com
Share now with your dance friends and dance schools! Good luck to all!

- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Open Championship Level
- Available from February 19th - March 26th
- Submit a 30 second soft shoe piece and 30 second hard shoe piece along with your C.V. to Info@RhythmInTheNight.com
- Deadline to submit auditions is Friday, January 12th
#5thAnniversaryTour

Subject: The Shamrock Feis Judges are now posted on our website Shamrockdancestudio.com

Author:
Shamrock Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:26:04 01/04/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Schade Academy Grade Exams

Author:
Rosemarie Schade-Cromie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:20:49 01/04/18 Thu

The Schade Academy will be hosting grade exams 1-10 on Saturday, April 21, 2018 in East Meadow, N.Y. Here is the link to the registration form and all necessary information.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1heCv2Av6m__HLoudVWDRIQWWLIs1Q-djhj7Y6QnXIPg/edit

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:55:00 01/03/18 Wed

Happy New Year! Just a friendly reminder that we are now open for entries on Feisweb.com. As always, we will have overseas Adjudicators, round medals for both Prelim and Open Champs, sashes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in Open, and 1st place in Prelim. New this year…Tiny Tots and Girls Open U21 and 21 & Over will more closely resemble the new age groups for Worlds and other major Championships. Our 5 Champ stages will begin at 8:45 am…we hope to see you there!! Please check our website for updates on additional Adjudicators as they become available…www.inishfreeny.com.

Confirmed Adjudicators:

Sheila Cloherty, MA Finbarr Conway, ENG
Michael Dillon, CA
Helan Greene, IRE
Mary Kate Lachut-Conrad, NY
Michael Meehan, IRE
John O’Keefe, CT
Helaine Sander, NY
Linda Sanfilippo, NY

Confirmed Musicians:

Annmarie Acosta-Williams
Brian Boyce
Billy Furlong
Catriona Furlong
Patricia Moriarty Morrissey
Niall Mulligan

Music Adjudicator: Patricia Furlong

Subject: We've never done a black-out feis, but plan to attend one this year. Is there a standard definition of what this means? I know it means no wigs or solo dresses--all black attire and plain hair. What about makeup? tanner? blinged socks? Thanks in advance.

Author:
First timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:07 01/03/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Feis na Nollag 2018

Author:
Donny Golden School
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:34:35 01/02/18 Tue

We wish you all a very Happy New Year!!! Entries for our 37th annual feis are now being accepted via efeis. The feis is being held at Kingsborough Community College in Brooklyn, NY on February 18th at 8 :45 am. Syllabus can be found on efeis as well as our school facebook page - Feis na Nollag- Donny Golden School, NY. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and the pleasure of meeting new friends.

Replies:
Subject: Rochester Academy of Irish Dance will be offering grades exams 1-12 on Friday 2/9/18 and Sat 2/10/18 with examiner Mary Lou Shade . Please see link below for 1-10 registration. Entries must be post marked 1/10/18. Grades 11 and 12 are now closed for registration

Author:
Rochester Academy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:50:38 01/02/18 Tue

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf9SoEientz2gu6GyZIn_Hkn-9UHQ-FPyBJ-OK6_pzkbu57Kg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Subject: Have Shamrock Feis Judges been announced?

Author:
Tia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:16 01/02/18 Tue

Subject: Saugus Feis Stage Schedule

Author:
MidAm Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:20:03 01/02/18 Tue

We are traveling to New England from Mid America for the March feis in Saugus, New England Regional Feis. Before I book flights, can anyone give me approximate start and end times for a U16 Open dancer (Male)? Really appreciate!

Replies:
Subject: Happy New Year! The Garden State Feis is open for entries at Feisweb.com and our syllabus can be found on our website at http://mariemooreirishdance.com/gardenstatefeis-2018/

Author:
GSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:18:55 01/02/18 Tue

Please note that we are in the process of fixing the adult entries and they should be available to register shortly.

We look forward to seeing everyone in March!

Subject: Just ran across this. I loved this blog, wish it was kept up. https://irishdanceteacher.wordpress.com/2017/02/10/guest-post-a-mothera-view/

Author:
Happy New Year
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:57:51 01/01/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: U12 champ is a common age group some schools already have sown and may not want a transfer to be fair to their own some schools may not accept them happeneded to us... FYI

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:52:06 01/01/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EVERYONE!!!!

Author:
Bubba and Jake
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:19:17 01/01/18 Mon

We only come to this site once a year to say hi and wish a Happy Birthday to all our dance buddies! May 2018 bring us all increased strength, health, stamina and resolve, and may we all use our time this year to show the world just how much New England can kick butt!! Go get your goals!!! Happy New Year, everyone!!!! :)

Subject: Moving to Hingham/Weymouth area in MA and hoping to find School relatively soon to avoid missing NANS:) any recommendations for 12 year old champ? Friendly comments please:)

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:12 12/30/17 Sat

No School bashing please

Replies:
Subject: COLORADO WINTERFEIS 2018!

Author:
FEIS CHAIR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:06 12/29/17 Fri

Please Join Us for Colorado’s Premier Feis, Colorado Winterfeis 2018!

Register on Feisworx.com!

Feis Questions: NancyWinterFeis@gmail.com

Friday Evening:
Music Competition
Open and Preliminary Championship Blackout Competitions!

Saturday:
Open and Preliminary Championship Competitions
Soda Bread Competition
Grades
Adults and Teams

Adjudicators
Name From
Russell Beaton, ADCRG MD, USA
James Early, ADCRG NJ, USA
Maura Kilkenny-Glynn, ADCRG SC, USA
Ciara Lennon, ADCRG Ireland
Dearbhla Lennon, ADCRG Ireland
Ronan McCormack, ADCRG Ireland
Anthony Murnane, ADCRG FL, USA
Tim O'Hare, ADCRG IL, USA
Mona Roddy, ADRCG Dundalk, Ireland

Musicians
Name From
Sean Cleland IL, USA
Fr. Ryan Duns MA, USA
Brian Glynn SC, USA
Chris McLoughlin NY, USA

Subject: Almost new CeLtic Star championship dress worn only a few times due to injury.Worn by13 year old though would fit 12-15 years

Author:
Vibrant red and rose gold.pm if interest
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:13:25 12/29/17 Fri

Subject: Dance products

Author:
Dancemum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:58:22 12/26/17 Tue

Did anyone find the Irish dance practice pads they purchased to be a good useful gift?

Replies:
Subject: 2018 Back-to-Back Feis Schedule

Author:
Goin' Feisin'
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:36:39 12/14/17 Thu

We have just released our 2018 back-to-back feis schedule for North America: http://goinfeisin.com/back-to-back-feis-in-2018/

Subject: Irish Rose Accessories- Liquidation Sale- Details inside

Author:
Irish Rose Acces.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:00:11 12/14/17 Thu

Irish Rose Accessories will be having their final sale on all things Irish on Saturday, December 16th at 2pm. This will done on Facebook Live. All remaining stock must go. This will be the best chance to get some deals a variety of Irish Dance items including tiaras, shoes, wigs, socks.
All items will be sold on a first come basis. Log into Facebook Live, look up Irish Rose Accessories. First person to post #sold and item number will get that item.

Subject: US source for those sparkly slippers kids wear over their soft shoes at feiseanna?

Author:
NewbieMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:27:18 12/13/17 Wed

I can only find them in stores in the UK, and we've left it a bit late for international shipping by Christmas!

Thanks so much.

Replies:
Subject: Any NE schools going to be affected for North American Champ due to mandated judging?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:42:07 12/13/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Rose & Shamrock Feis is open for registration on Feisweb!

Author:
Rose and Shamrock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:46 12/12/17 Tue

Please join us for a fun, free Celtic festival (2/16-2/18) with live bands, workshops, re-enactors, a piping competition, food and drink specials and of course our feis (on Saturday, 2/17/18) in downtown Lancaster, PA. Beautiful handmade awards for all levels, beginner through open champ, as well as some delicious treats for team, round awards and other special competitions.

Subject: Are there any new TCRGs or ADs in the region? I see several listed on the MAR board and wondered whethere congratulations are in order in NE too.

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:51:59 12/12/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Full panel of Worlds judges, mandated and voluntary.

Author:
from the main board
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:29:33 12/12/17 Tue

MANDATED

Ann Hall USA
Charmaine Chase Australia
David Smith Scotland
Esther Bromley Italy
Hilary Joyce-Owens England
Kathleen Keady-Walsh USA
Linda Martyn Ireland
LuAnn O’Rourke-Boyd USA
Niall O’Leary USA
Tanya Dirrane England

SELF-NOMINATED

Annette Doolan Kane Ireland
Chris McPartland England
Claire Usher-McMorrow Ireland
Darren Maguire USA
Denise Elebert Ireland
Jonathan McMorrow Ireland
Kathleen Maguire-O’Shea England
Katie Maguire-McMorrow England
Kerry Cooney-Nutley England
Liam Harney USA
Mandy Hennigan England
Marie Duffy Pask England
Mary Kay Heneghan USA
Miceal Hopkins USA
Noreen McCutcheon Scotland
Pat Hall USA
Sean Hennigan England
Siobhan Dorman Ireland

Subject: ADs who have been mandated for WORLDS listed below. Sorry for the dancers who worked hard to qualify and now can't dance.

Author:
sad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:35:57 12/11/17 Mon

Bromley Esther Italy
Chase Charmaine Australia
Dirrane Tanya UK
Hall Anne USA
Joyce Hilary UK
Keady Walsh Kathleen USA
Martyn Linda Ireland
O'Leary Niall USA
O'Rourke Boyd Luann USA
Smith David Scotland

Replies:
Subject: Worlds room Glasgow available due to association. Prepaid at almost half of price now.

Author:
have room
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:56 12/11/17 Mon

Central location. Hampton by Hilton Glasgow Central. 2 single beds includes breakfast daily.
Email for more info

Subject: Nans Block - when does it open and is there a list of hotels that will be included?-thanks

Author:
ID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:08:56 12/11/17 Mon

Trying to figure out locations, pricing and just the whole thing!

Subject: Is the Horgan winter feis happening??

Author:
❄️❄️
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:14:26 12/10/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Prelim worlds

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:06 12/10/17 Sun

If you are a prelim dancer and you qualify for worlds because others can not go due to conflict does the new rule that if you qualify for worlds and are in prelim you must compete as an open dancer moving forward regardless of firsts apply?

Replies:
Subject: Grade Exams

Author:
Senior Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:06 12/09/17 Sat

Hi, does anyone know of any grade exams that are occurring in the next few months in our region or in Mid-Atlantic? Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Inishfree Feis

Author:
S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:42 12/08/17 Fri

We are now open for entries on Feisweb.com! Please join us for our 26th Annual Feis on Sunday, February 25, 2018.

Subject: Selling Dresses - Does anybody use the websites anymore that you pay to list or pretty much just the free facebook sites?

Author:
OP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:09:44 12/08/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Next in line

Author:
Inquiring minds
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:49:41 12/07/17 Thu

Question re: next in line rule...someone said they found out mid-December that their daughter was next in line. How do they find out? Email? Snail Mail?

Replies:
Subject: Shamrock Irish dance accessories ultimate dress bag

Author:
CMB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:05:02 12/07/17 Thu

Looking for review of the shamrock Irish dance accessories ultimate dress bag. Looks amazing but for 200$ would love any feebback someone who owns one can give. Can it be "carried on" an airplane ? Thanks for any help

Subject: Rounds

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:17:53 12/07/17 Thu

Where can I look up what are the required dances (Reel or SJ? TJ or HP?) for a certain age group at upcoming Oireachtas or Nationals?

Replies:
Subject: Holiday Dancer Ideas

Author:
Kate
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:37:26 12/06/17 Wed

Looking for a holiday gift idea for your dancer check out these two stores for some unique dancer gifts!

Coughlans Irish Imports https://squareup.com/store/coughlansirishimports and Eight Count Apparel www.8countapparel.com

Subject: Has anyone who ordered a set video at Oireachtas received it? We ordered online when we returned, but haven't heard a peep. I suspect they may have a backlog they are working through.

Author:
Anxiously waiting.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:33 12/05/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Still looking for an Oireachtas patch from 2016 (last year) someone had replied they thought they had an extra. Could you email me?

Author:
Hopeful :-)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:12:17 12/05/17 Tue

Subject: What is with the crazy high wigs .. they look so unrealistic .., no flattering yours need like 3 sponges.. is it me

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:59:06 12/04/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Are hard shoes supposed to hurt...?

Author:
NewbieMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:31:01 12/04/17 Mon

My daughter started hard shoes over the summer, and has never complained that they were uncomfortable until just recently. I guess now that she's gotten the steps, her teachers are now paying special attention to technique? In any case, they want her to work on keeping her heels much higher off the ground.

I can see why, because even to my inexperienced eyes it looks much fancier that way, but my daughter says it really hurts :( She doesn't usually complain about anything, and has never been bothered by the shoes until now, but she finds it more painful than she can take, to try to keep her heels up high off the floor.

Is this normal? She has asked some of the champion-level kids who help teach the class, and they say everyone feels like that, and that you get used to it. And they're so awesome in general, both as dancers and as teachers, that I'm 99% sure they're probably right... But I'm just worried that I'm letting her do herself some damage, if it hurts as much as she says it does.

I've emailed her teacher, too, but I'd really appreciate opinions from other moms, who surely must have asked themselves if it can really be ok for it to be so painful...?

Thanks for any advice!

Replies:
Subject: Christmas feis

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:40:14 12/04/17 Mon

Is there any way to sort the info on feisweb to see how many are in a group?

Replies:
Subject: Travel bag for dress

Author:
EGM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:51 12/04/17 Mon

What kind of dress bag is carry on compliant so that we don't have to worry about checking the bag

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have an extra patch from the 2012 New England Oireachtas? TIA

Author:
New mom then - missed the boat on that first patch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:11:29 12/04/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have an extra patch from the 2012 New England Oureachtas? TIA

Author:
New mom then - missed the boat on that first patch
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:10:39 12/04/17 Mon

Subject: Why did they only place 25% in the medal rounds at the Holly feis today? Were those candy canes so expensive that they didn’t have enough to go around?

Author:
Disappointed.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:08:50 12/03/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: any results for prelim u10 today? don't see it in Twitter tx

Author:
ddhurt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:28 12/03/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Is it soft shoe first at the Holly feis?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:25:14 12/01/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Make sure to join us on February 17th in Lancaster, PA for the first annual Rose and Shamrock Festival and Feis!

Author:
Rose and Shamrock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:22:41 11/30/17 Thu

Our no solo costume/no wig feis will be happening in conjunction with a huge, free, indoor Celtic festival at the beautiful Downtown Marriott & Convention Center. The feis will feature:

*sashes for top 5 in prelim and open
*delicious round medals for prelim and open
*entries and tabulation by Feisweb
*beautiful, locally made awards
*special needs competition, first feis, family dance, 2 hands, 8 hands and treble reel for charity
*a full range of leveled adult comps including an adult showcase and ceilis
*food, music and art competitions

Overall cap of 800, champ cap of 400. A room block will be available at the Downtown Marriott for $139/night. View the entire syllabus plus all other information about the festival at www.roseandshamrock.org. We look forward to welcoming you in February!

Replies:
Subject: Have judges been announced for Nationals yet?

Author:
Just wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:23 11/29/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Any ideas on how to procure a patch from Oireachtas this year?

Author:
Hopeful Bubba
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:53:55 11/29/17 Wed

U15 (male) dancer didn’t receive one side-stage this year.

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have one of the new practice pads? Review/thoughts on them? Are they worth the $

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:16:21 11/29/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Do all regions with Oireacthad have trad set? I was told in some regions you can only compete in solos if you have place d in a Feis as a prelim.. all Open can enter. How do you feel about this?

Author:
Hmm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:00 11/29/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have an extra patch from the 2016 Oireachtas (yep, last year). I am working on a Christmas project for my retiring dancer and

Author:
Hoping for a Miracle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:04:23 11/29/17 Wed

we are missing that one.

Replies:
Subject: 2018 Fairfield County Championships---I can't find the Syllubus

Author:
Need to look something up before I register
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:07:44 11/27/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: What are the requirement to enter and Oireachtas in Ireland?

Author:
??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:50 11/26/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Now available in time for Christmas: "Rinci Foirne Caillte Volume I: Thirty Lost Figure Dances."

Author:
Amazon Books
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:36 11/26/17 Sun

From the pages of history come 30 ‘lost’ figure dances, some of which have not been performed in over 100 years! By James Mueller, ADCRG with foreword by Dr. John Cullinane, SDCRG. Available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble – links at www.jamesmueller.org/books.

Subject: Boy's Dance Pants

Author:
Bill Roberts
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:58:48 11/25/17 Sat

Greetings,

Would you be so kind as to pass this information to your male Irish dancing friends?

This link has the best prices on Mondor Pants: http://www.alabing.com/Mondor-747-Mens-and-Boys-Figure-Skating-Pants-p/mon747.htm. They also try to keep all sizes in stock and ready for delivery within a few days.

Mondor brand, Style 747, Men's Pants are great for male Irish dancing. The stretchy pants are 85% polyester and 15% cotton. They have a zippered fly and belt loops. Some sizes run long and require hemming.

A number of dancers have ordered the pants have given positive feedback. If you know of any men or boy dancers who might need black dance pants, will you please share our information? Click here or paste the link into your web browser to see the pants.

alabing.com/Mondor-747-Mens-and-Boys-Figure-Skating-Pants-p/mon747.htm

Be sure to check the size chart as some pants may have to be hemmed.

Also, if you could add us to your links page, your students will be able to get what they need. Your webmaster should be able to use this link:

alabing.com/Mondor-747-Mens-and-Boys-Figure-Skating-Pants-p/mon747.htm

We are a family operated business and appreciate your support.

Thank-you kindly,

Bill Roberts

bill@alabing.com
770-296-2088

Link to Figure Skating and Dancewear
alabing.com
A' la Bing Design on Facebook
facebook.com/figureskatingjackets

Subject: First time considering the O-C Christmas feis. Could anyone tell me if it runs on time, what type of stages,& if OC groups run concurrently

Author:
If they are smaller. Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:58 11/24/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Sock, hat, gloves, and scarf donations at the Realt na Nollag Feis!

Author:
Haley School
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:51 11/24/17 Fri

Hi everyone! The Haley school will be collecting donations of new socks, hats, gloves, and scarves at the Realt na Nollag Feis on December 3rd! There will be a bucket to place your items in at the table where you collect your numbers at the front door. They will be donated to the Pine Street Inn and distributed to people and families in need this winter. The only special request is that only white socks are donated, as the shelter cannot distribute colored socks dues to the dyes used to color them. Any color and size hats, scarves, and gloves would be so appreciated! The Holy Ghost Parish in Whitman, MA is going to the Pine Street Inn to serve a meal on December 18th and all donations collected at the feis will be sent with the volunteers serving he meal that day. Thank you all for your donations! We appreciate everyone who helps give to those less fortunate than us by giving a small item such as a new pair of socks, gloves, a hat, or a scarf; these families that benefit from your donations appreciate it as well!

Replies:
Subject: Anyone have insight into which dances u22 will do at 2018 nationals?

Author:
Not sure if they’ll rotate since in age group for 2 years
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:04:24 11/24/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Will Horgan have their Winter feis this year?

Author:
Trying to plan winter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:44:25 11/23/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Where can we find the action shots from this weekend? I don't see them on Shamrock. - were they through dancebug? I only ordered DDs set, didn't know we could get action shots as well.

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:38:00 11/23/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Is there any new up and coming schools on our region ?

Author:
Curious.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:11 11/22/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: CLRG, Please consider making a rule of dropping the high and low at all majors and Oireachtas competitions. This would at least help take out some of the politics and would be more fair. I was never a fan, but now have come to realize how the judges can push someone down and pump someone up without being too obvious.

Author:
PLEASE Consider NE region
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:40:56 11/22/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: School will be closed in 2 years

Author:
DK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:01:43 11/22/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Is it usual in the Parade of Champions for one dancer to be reintroduced and to dance twice? Had never seen that before.

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:05:19 11/21/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: If geography didn't matter and you could go anywhere in NE, what school would you pick and why?

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:33:11 10/01/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Are we starting to see a turn in feiseanna? (more inside)

Author:
Its too bad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:06:54 08/15/17 Tue

It's starting to feel like we are seeing more signs that we are pricing people out of dance and competitions. Entry numbers have been low on many competitions over the last several months, but now with Coogan not being held and no information on Gray occurring this fall, it looks as the days of abundant New England competitions may be starting to decline.

Replies:
Subject: Any marks for teams?

Author:
Did not place. Looking to see where we were. Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:01:07 11/21/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Do we have to book in the block for Worlds in order to get a bracelet to get into the venue

Author:
NE dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:59:14 11/21/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Entries are open on feisweb for the December 10 Christmas feis and there will be no late fees

Author:
Feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:50:27 11/20/17 Mon

Subject: Anyone know where Worlds 2019 will be held?

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:16 11/20/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Where is O next year?

Author:
ff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:58 11/20/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if there are videos of awards from Friday night girls competitions?

Author:
thanks so much
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:59:31 11/20/17 Mon

I only see boys comps and trad sets on the google site and facebook. I am looking for Girls U11. If anyone knows where to access it, I would very much appreciate it. My phone died :(

Replies:
Subject: Hartford pros & cons--I'll start. PRO: ballrooms were spacious & plenty of room to sit during dancing & awards. Plenty of room in the back to stand. Selling videos was a nice add. Sashes were lovely as were updated medals. Lots of parking. CONS: Food! There was no quality food inside the convention center! W exception of Marriott, other hotels were pretty far. Sharing practice rooms wasn't ideal. Sharing with auto show was weird but assuming cost prohibitive to have entire center. WHAT ELSE?

Author:
NE
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:42:17 11/20/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Where can we find the photos from awards?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:16 11/19/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Lost wristlet

Author:
Hoping
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:44:16 11/19/17 Sun

My daughter lost her blue floral Vera Bradley wristlet this weekend at the O. Either at the Marriott or the convention center, although most likely in the ballroom during awards Saturday night. It had a little bit of cash, a gas card and her driver's license. If by chance anyone found it, I would love to hear from you.

Replies:
Subject: How do we get the set videos? Do we order online or at the convention center?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:14:19 11/19/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: we're there sashes for podium ts or just open

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:53:55 11/18/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if they are giving round medals out from yesterday? There is usually a table set up but I’m not seeing it this year?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:26 11/18/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Trying to understand

Author:
Not good at ISD rules
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:32:39 11/18/17 Sat

Do you need to compete at NERO to qualify for Nationals if you are still a prelim dancer? TY.

Replies:
Subject: I️ time

Author:
Jamie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:32:02 11/18/17 Sat

My daughter worked so hard. She practices an hour to an hour and a half a day and she did trad sets today. No recall and she is devastated a lot of her team mates who aren’t practicing recalled and she is just asking herself why should she get up and practice every day when they just do five minutes here or there and see better results. How do I️ show her that her hard work will pay off? This is her third O and she had a recall last year.

Replies:
Subject: Altered numbers

Author:
New
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:49 11/17/17 Fri

I have been watching the NEO competitions all day and some of the dancers have altered their number card. They cut it into a different shape. Is this a new trend?

Replies:
Subject: Sewing Help!!!

Author:
Kylie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:06:50 11/16/17 Thu

Our gavin jacket was dropped to the hotel tonight and will not even go over his head. Is there anyone in the Marriott right now with sewing experience? We are willing to pay whatever for someone to alter it. If not does anyone have suggestions of how we can get it on him?

Replies:
Subject: With O approaching, lets all be aware of commenting on dancers, teachers and judges: dancers criticizing the appearance of other dancers; parents speaking negatively about judges and other such nonsense. You never know who may be listening. Let’s keep it positive.

Author:
Kumbaya
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:34:58 11/15/17 Wed

Good Luck to All

Replies:
Subject: best adhesion for crystals back on buckles pls

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:10:51 11/14/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Has anyone used feis411. Is it worth paying a fee for it?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:34 11/13/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Just saw that we can buy videos of our children's dances - information on the IDTANA NE Oireachtas website

Author:
Excited!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:42:18 11/13/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Only a few days until the Oireachtas

Author:
Dance Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:52:11 11/13/17 Mon

With the Oireachtas only a few days away, tensions are high, nerves are higher, and it is easy to forget to practice kindness. Our dancers have worked so hard for their few minutes on the stage and we, as parents, have spent a ton of money, time, mileage, and emotional energy preparing for this weekend. After all of that work and expense, it is easy to get frustrated when things don't go the way we think they should, when people do things that annoy us, or when the hotel/conference center inevitably messes something up.
I hope we can keep in mind that we are our children's role models and how we react to those frustrations will set the example for our children. I also hope we can keep this in perspective. It is Irish dance, not brain surgery. If things don't go as planned or hoped for, it is heartbreaking, but not life ending.
Let's try to be patient with one another, clean up after ourselves, (for the love of all that is holy, take care of your own messes) and be considerate of each other.
Now I need to go glue some stones on a dress, condition the wig, polish the shoes, clean the tiara, and...

Replies:
Subject: I think dd u8 comp might have less than 20....woukd all place? last year there was 20 but they placed 10

Author:
thoughts?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:14:36 11/11/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: dd 1st tine to O, TS...worked so hard but obv. who knows how results will go...advice in how to support and encourage and stay calm...etc...tx

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:59:27 11/10/17 Fri

Replies:
Subject: The schedule and information for the NJ State Feis are posted on the Eastern Region board, voy.com/16850/

Author:
hope this helps you.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:55:43 11/08/17 Wed

Subject: How many dancers total would you say will be in Hartford next weekend just trying to explain to my friends how big this is thank you

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:31:20 11/07/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: FÉISTASTIC 3 - OUT NOW!

Author:
Tina Jordan Rees
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:41:19 11/06/17 Mon

Féistastic 3 by Tina Jordan Rees is out now!

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/f%C3%A9istastic-3/id1300079585

Bandcamp:
https://tinajordanrees.bandcamp.com

- 19 New & Exciting Tracks
- 12 Open Speed Tracks: Reels, Slip Jigs, Heavy Jigs & Hornpipes
- 4 Beginner Speed Tracks + Light Jig & Hop Jig
- 15 Brand New Compositions by Tina Jordan Rees
- Presentation/Display Music Track

Subject: I am livid. Do not EVER call out a child on this board again.

Author:
angry moderator
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:00 11/05/17 Sun

Dancers have the right to remain in Prelim through 12/31 regardless of how many firsts they win in the current calendar year. Nobody is under any obligation to move up and out of your child's way, nor do they need to sit home when they enjoy feising. If you want your child to win, try having them practice more so they'll be the best dancer, not the best of what's left. Furthermore, the decision to remain in prelim for the rest of the year is usually made by the TC, and NOT by the child. Take a good look in the mirror, people. You're alleged adults attacking a child. You should be ashamed.

Replies:
Subject: wanted to give my young dd something small day of 1st O...Any ideas?

Author:
memories
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:52 11/02/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Dress Needed for 13 YO

Author:
Heather
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:21 10/04/17 Wed

Hello! We are in need of a new dress for our 13 YO daughter in Prelim, due to growth spurt! Anyone in NE region looking to sell a dress that might work for a 5'5" dancer ( bust=33", natural waist=28.5, hips=33.75"? We will be at the Verlin feis, but are also willing to travel within 1-1/2 hours of Hartford to try on a promising dress. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: With O coming, do we still slip the check under the door or do they take PayPal yet?

Author:
JK Of Course!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:37 10/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Are Rocks required in TJ?

Author:
DumMum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:18:14 10/30/17 Mon

Looking at my daughter's comments from yesterday and for TJ there's this comment: "Rocks ???" I don't think my daughter does rocks. Are they required? Are there certain steps that are required in each dance? btw, the judge liked her and placed her overall, I've just never seen a comment like this. TIA

Replies:
Subject: younger dd...how do we get both feet turned out at same time..left mostly straight..advice pls

Author:
turnout
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:54:44 10/30/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Any results from Forbes feis for 18+ ? Not posted on fb.

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:28 10/29/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Haley/HQ Feis at Lantana

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:23:09 10/29/17 Sun

Does anyone know if the Holly Feis is happening this year? I saw a name change and a syllabus through HQ which days sign up is through Feisweb, but no such Feisweb sign up exists yet. Any info would be great. Thx

Replies:
Subject: Why don’t the stages at the Forbs Feis have to adhere to NAFC guidelines? The Championship stages were so small. Do they get a special exemption?

Author:
Actually wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:00:18 10/29/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: criss cross embroidery on sleeves of 'new' dress starting to unravel...how can I stop ??

Author:
thankyou
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:59 10/29/17 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Could someone please remind me of the product I can place over crystals to prevent wigs from catching?

Author:
Thank you.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:12:42 10/28/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: How can some dancer go to class once or twice a week, occasionally practice and still do well in pz and O's.. are some just luck y

Author:
Annoyed mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:01 10/26/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Just bought our 1st crystal tiara how should I clean the finger marks and future probable hairspray on it thank you

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:28:22 10/25/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Beautiful dress for sale, will fit approximately 8/9 y.o.

Author:
J
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:50 10/24/17 Tue

If you are still looking for a dress for O'Ireactas, here it is!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Irishdancedresses/permalink/811273845710862/?sale_post_id=811273845710862

Subject: I understand that if there are 20 or less dancers that all recall, but do all dancers place?

Author:
Senior Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:14 10/24/17 Tue

Last year I know they all did. I believe year before they only placed the top half after the set dance. Does it switch off every year? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Replies:
Subject: Is the Lenihan School Feis really going to be on Easter Sunday? Just looked at the NAFC schedule for 2018 and couldn't believe my eyes.

Author:
If so, we won't be able to attend this time:-(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:03:57 10/24/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: I have to say there was some fabulous dancing yesterday in open champ over 18!! Well done ladies! Most are juggling school and or work and dance!

Author:
Bravo!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:14:24 10/23/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Any tips on using feistan at home? Especially for getting it even. How many coats do you use? Night before or do you build up?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:24:55 10/21/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Like New Taylor Dress for Sale

Author:
Erin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:46:17 10/19/17 Thu

Just dropped the price on this stunning dress. New one on order, willing to negotiate. Let me know if you are interested. erin@ekeefepr.com
https://www.usedsolodresses.com/ad/9-month-old-taylor-open-champ.html

Subject: Looking for a local to Boston area dressmaker who can do modern dresses. Would like to stay local to be able to get my neice measured.

Author:
Thanks in advance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:54 10/19/17 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Thank you Harvest Time Feis

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:00:24 10/18/17 Wed

In an age where every one is so quick to complain, I feel we need to acknowledge the good to achieve change. It is a pleasant surprise to see the number of New England judges is minimal at your feis. What a breath of fresh air to have the majority of adjudicators from a different region. Again thanks for the effort given in selecting your adjudicating panel.

Replies:
Subject: Dancer complaining of pain at ball of foot/big toe. I remember people talking about Dr Jills. Recommendations?

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:23:06 10/18/17 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Hi everyone! I’m looking for slightly used hard shoes for some of the beginners at my school. We’re looking for two pairs of size 2 and two pairs of size 1 1/2. My email is shaelabarry@hotmail.com if you could email me pictures that would be great! I will be at harvest time feis this weekend so we could meet up there! Thanks everyone!

Author:
Shaela Barry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:35 10/17/17 Tue

Replies:
Subject: best self tanner?

Author:
novmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:30:20 10/16/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Pair of brand new Celtic Choice ghillies size 4.5 $45. Will be at Burlington and Forbes.

Author:
Brenda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:48:45 10/16/17 Mon

Subject: Hi. Anyone familiar w Salve Regina's dance team/club?

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:24:53 10/15/17 Sun

Looks like they do some Irish, but limited from what we can find. DD wants to continue dancing in college, but not competitively. Looking at PC, Stonehill, UNH. Have the list of colleges w Irish studies and clubs and dance, but looking for more firsthand info. Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Opinions about dress designers ... Doire or Taylor?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:02:26 10/13/17 Fri

Anyone have experience with either Doire or Taylor? First dress!

Replies:
Archives: 12345678 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.