VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: splitting at Lynn

Author:
Liz Johnson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:23:26 04/28/15 Tue

Does anyone know why Lynn would split Novice U11 into A and B groups with other age groups having similar or larger numbers but not being split? No splits in PW either. A & B would have 26 total but other comps are as high as 29 and not split.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: injured dancer

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:53 04/28/15 Tue

My dancer is injured and also interested in transferring to another school because the class times are not working out in her schedule and needs different days. We are also selling our house but probably moving to same town. What are the rules for injuries and transferring is all the same worldwide or is according to your region? 6 month ban on competing?

Replies:
Subject: Question about costume/wig for upcoming feis...

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:51 04/28/15 Tue

My dancer wants to go to the next feis without her wig. She is just an average dancer and I'm wondering if that would hurt her scoring. I know part of prelim is the overall presentation and showing committment with your costume and wig, etc. Should we chance it - or will it not matter. I guess this is the age old question of: if there are two dancers that dance the same, do you give more points to the one that has the great dress and wig and full package? What if my dancer also wore all black instead of the big fancy dress this time? Curious. (It for an average dancer who may or may not even place)

Replies:
Subject: looking to enter OShea feis any news on the syllabus

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:34 04/28/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: FEIS FAB AT NATIONALS and discount packages available

Author:
FEIS FAB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:20:19 04/28/15 Tue

Feis fab is offering Nationals specials. 4 or more dancers will receive a 10% discount on tanning and full packages available for additional savings..

Subject: Any insight on the Boston irish festival feis on sat JUNE 13? Good numbers, we'll run? Tx

Author:
Novmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:21 04/27/15 Mon

Subject: T.C.R.G. A.D.C.R.G. and T.M.R.F. candidates and dancers...

Author:
Erin Mulcahy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:54 04/27/15 Mon

PLEASE JOIN US FOR A WORKSHOP WITH Mary McElroy S.D.C.R.G. And Vice President of An Coimisiún le Rincí Gaelacha - see the link below for details:

http://www.mulcahyacademy.com/uploads/3/5/3/1/3531294/mary_mcelroy_workshop.pdf

Replies:
Subject: nationals sovenoir

Author:
mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:56:29 04/27/15 Mon

are their sovenoirs for nationals? if so doesn't anyone know what they are?

Replies:
Subject: Would any regular attendees of the Murray feis happen to know when PW's dance? Just looking for a rough idea of morning, afternoon, or late afternoon in order to plan.

Author:
or does it change year to year? Thanks in advance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:24:15 04/27/15 Mon

Subject: ISO room in block for NANs 6/30 - 7/3

Author:
Please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:36:50 04/26/15 Sun

Looking for a room in the block for Tuesday, June 30 to Friday, July 3.

Please let me know if you have a reservation that is no longer needed. Many thanks in advance!!

Subject: 66 days until the North American Nationals. The Feistan spray tanning schedule is open to book your appointments.

Author:
The Tan Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:35:59 04/26/15 Sun

www.Feistan.com for appointments and more information
Feistan will be open from 7:00am to midnight in Providence

Subject: Vendors for LYNN Feis: Fays Shoes, Head for the World, Rutherford Shoes, Dance Bling, Dippin Dots Ice Cream, and Feis Fayre

Author:
LYNN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:03:28 04/26/15 Sun

Subject: NATIONALS - has there been a list of Vendors posted anywhere?

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:03 04/26/15 Sun

Subject: When will the schedule for Lynn feis be posted? Isn't there a rule a schedule for a feis must be posted a week before the feis?

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:17:39 04/26/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Hall to practice before NAN's in Boston

Author:
Irish Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:03 04/25/15 Sat

We are travelling from abroad for the nans 2015 and will be staying in Boston for a few days beforehand, hopefully around the Beacon Hill area. Does anyone have any suggestions about how we could find somewhere to practice?

Replies:
Subject: February 2015 Siopa Rince dress for sale *unadvertised* U14+ black white and red- email for details

Author:
Email for details
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:36:02 04/25/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: 3 lovely dresses that NEED homes!! Please have a look :)

Author:
Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:52 04/24/15 Fri

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/pretty-blue-and-white-dress-priced-to-sell/

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/bold-pinkgreen-dress-priced-to-sell/

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/beautiful-gold-and-black-dress-for-sale/

Subject: Travelling from afar to North American Nationals and staying in the Groton/ new London area of CT. Would anyone have suggestions of somewhere my daughter could practice while we are there?

Author:
C
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:19:54 04/24/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: SAVE 20% ON BOSTON BALLET TICKETS!

Author:
John Fernandes (Art in Motion)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:35:59 04/23/15 Thu

IRISH-INSPIRED DANCE at BOSTON BALLET -
SAVE 20% ON TICKETS to EDGE OF VISION
Join us for Edge of Vision, featuring Lila York's rousing Celts. This thrilling work sets classical ballet, jigs, and speedy footwork to a mix of favorite Irish music including The Chieftains, Bill Whelan and Celtic Thunder. With this offer you save 20% on tickets to performances on May 1, 8 & 9 at 7:30pm and May 2, 9 & 10 at 1pm. Visit www.bostonballet.org and use code IRISH20 or call 617-695-6955. Edge of Vision at the Boston Opera House, April 30 - May 10, 2015 Respond by May 9. Limit 9 tickets per household. Valid on sections A, B, and C. Subject to availability. Not valid on previously purchased tickets. Not to be combined with other offers.

Subject: Re- North American nationals. Ok so there is the entry fee of $50 but I what is the difference between the family fee and the facility fee?

Author:
M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:08:59 04/23/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Snoozed and lost…completely missed Cape Cod Feis deadline

Author:
;~(
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:06 04/22/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Horgan September Feis- Quassy Park

Author:
Does anyone remember what day Champs dance at this feis? Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:39:20 04/22/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Lynn Feis almost at cap. Unpaid entries will be deleted. There are about 50 spots left right now.

Author:
FeisChair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:24 04/21/15 Tue

Follow us on FB @ LYNNFEIS for details - schedule to be posted early next week.

Subject: looking for NANs room 7/1 - 7/4 or 7/5. Email in 1st response.

Author:
thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:00:40 04/21/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Need room for Nationals June29-July4th

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:59:06 04/21/15 Tue

If cancellation near venue, email rnhs@sympatico.ca Much appreciated.

Subject: Looking for a mother who contacted us through Feis at the Beach Facebook page about mailing her daughter FAB sunglasses.

Author:
FAB Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:31 04/21/15 Tue

We had a problem with our facebook page and I lost her contact info. I think it was an MA address. Please email us your address again. Thanks!

Replies:
  • FAB -- FAB mom, 09:18:29 04/21/15 Tue
Subject: FEIS FAB AT NATIONALS and discount packages available

Author:
FEIS FAB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:59 04/21/15 Tue

National discount packages available; more than 4 dancers will receive a 10% discount for tanning. www.feisfab.com

Subject: Does anyone have any info on anyone doing makeup for Nationals?

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:44:16 04/21/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: NATIONALS ROOM AVAILABLE July 4-7th

Author:
irish dance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:19:46 04/21/15 Tue

Hilton Hotel. 2 Queen Bedroom available in the Irish Dance block. Email gcunningham11@optonline.net if interested!

Subject: I need to buy an Alana bun wig...can I only do that online or are they ever sold at feises? We have a few coming up and thought maybe I'd save on shipoing? Tx

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:10:21 04/21/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Wondering about the North American nationals and how the ages are split when the number of entries are large?

Author:
Mary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:23 04/20/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Introducing Feis Buddies! They are a great good luck charm or buddy to bring to all your feisanna. Sold and handmade by a retired dancer! Come check out our facebook page

Author:
Feis Buddies
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:44:44 04/20/15 Mon

https://www.facebook.com/FeisBuddies

Subject: New to this...dd just learned TS and wants to do this at next feis...there are 63,registered lol...how is that judged...worth her time to try?? She dances it pretty well but just adds to the overall length of the day...thoughts?

Author:
Jigmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:56:58 04/20/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Lynn Academy Feis, May 3: Note to Preliminary Champions: per North American Irish Dance Championships entry form: "Dancers who qualify for the NAIDC by advancing to open on Saturday, May 2 or Sunday, May 3, 2015 may be entered by their teacher or designated representative..." One last chance to get that first!

Author:
CuriousMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:44:47 04/20/15 Mon

Enter using Feisweb. We are nearing our cap. Entry deadline is this Sunday, April 26.

http://lynnacademy.com/lynn-feisanna/stamford-ct-feis/

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter: LYNNFEIS

Replies:
Subject: HIDC Feis: FeisWeb/PayPal Problem

Author:
Feis Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:29:10 04/19/15 Sun

We have a glitch already. Until we fix it, please do not attempt to pay for your HIDC entry. You can still enter, just do not pay. After we fix the problem, you can go back in to pay. If you have already gone through the process, we will contact you to tell you what to do.

I am very sorry. I hope to get the problem fix right away.

Replies:
Subject: Looking for NANs room in Providence for 7/2-7/3, preferably 2 beds but will take anything!

Author:
SRmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:19 04/19/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Lynn Academy Feis Vendors

Author:
Kay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:20:16 04/19/15 Sun

Anyone know what vendors are going to be at the Lynn Feis on May 3rd or remember what was there last year? I am in desperate need of new hardshoes...

Replies:
Subject: Little bit early, but would the Cape Cod feis consider splitting the oldest open age group?

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:53 04/19/15 Sun

Numbers really don't matter in open competitions, and these kids work so hard to keep dancing while managing school, work, etc. Seems a shame to lump them together when they won't even be dancing together at the major competitions. Even just u18 and 18+ would be better than 17+.

Replies:
Subject: Looking for room for NAN near venue. Let me know if you are releasing a room. Hoping to arrange a transfer. Need especially for the 4th but would take earlier.

Author:
Curiousmom22@gmail.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:12:36 04/19/15 Sun

Subject: Spray tanning appointments for the 2015 North American Nationals in Providence can be reserved at Feistan.com Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Author:
The Tan Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:18:51 04/18/15 Sat

www.Feistan.com to secure your time slot. We will be open from 7:00AM to midnight.

Subject: looking for a room at the courtyard July 1-4

Author:
email inside
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:29 04/17/15 Fri

Subject: Some last minute notes for Feis at the Beach this weekend! See you at the shore! Safe journey!

Author:
FAB committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:42:10 04/17/15 Fri

see inside the first message.

Replies:
Subject: What is the rule to move from Novice to Prizewinner... It appears some schools move their dancers up with just 2&3rds

Author:
Zs
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:18:25 04/16/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Murray Academy Feis

Author:
Colleen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:34 04/16/15 Thu

Well, spring has FINALLY arrived and with that comes the Murray Academy Feis in New Hampshire! Please join us at our beautiful new venue, Sanborn Regional High School in Kingston NH, on Sunday, May 31st. “Murray the Moose” will be there for photo opportunities (*please note no “live” moose will be there  ). Our hospitality team is once again ready to give you a great feising experience. Delicious food, bake sale table, variety of vendors, cafeteria and outside picnic tables for enjoying your lunch and friendly volunteers to answer your questions await you. Please sign-up on Feisweb.com to come and join us. You can find more information, including hotel recommendations, judges and musicians, and much more on our Murray Academy Feis Facebook page or at http://www.murrayacademyfeis.com/ . You can also follow us on Twitter @MurrayFeis. We look forward to seeing you!

Subject: Solo dress

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:29:36 04/16/15 Thu

I am looking for a solo dress for my petite 10 yo.
Please email me pics and measurements
Tmckeown04@yahoo.com
Thank you!

Subject: Nationals Question

Author:
Confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:57:04 04/15/15 Wed

I am confused about something and hope that someone can help me with this. There is no daily entrance fee for nationals, as we have all paid a family entrance fee, correct? Why are we in New England subject to a $25 admittance fee then if we have chosen not to stay in a hotel? If I am understanding this correctly - say I live close enough in NE that I feel driving is doable for myself and my dancer so I opted not to take a block room from those coming from longer distance. I am now having to pay an extra $25 because of this even though I have already paid the family fee? I completely understand that if I picked a hotel outside the block and was traveling from another region then I would need to pay the $100 penalty, but this almost sounds like double dipping with the New England Region. NE is small, and I am grateful that we are able to travel to all the states so easily, which is why many families I know chose not to stay in a hotel, hoping to leave a room to someone traveling from far away. However, now that we have been talking about it, it seems like we should have either not had a family fee paid with our registration if they were going to charge those of us in NE to get in if you are not in one of the hotels, or our family fee should cover us, right? Does this make sense to anyone else? I'm just trying to understand, so please be kind in your responses. I get the $25 fee for when worlds was in Boston if you held a NE drivers license, but there was no family fee paid with worlds. Anyone who has any info, please help me to understand. Thank you very much

Replies:
Subject: Heritage Irish Dance Company First Annual Feis (Sunday, June 28, Edison NJ)

Author:
Feis Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:37 04/15/15 Wed

The first annual Heritage Irish Dance Company Feis will be held on Sunday, June 28, at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center at Raritan Center, 97 Sunfield Ave., Edison, NJ 08837.

Our syllabus has been posted on our website:

http://www.heritageirishdance.com/2015-feis.html

Registration will open on FeisWeb (www.feisweb.com) early next week. I will post here when I confirm the exact date. Payment is only via PayPal. Entries that are left unpaid may be deleted. I am told the cycle time for expiration and deletion of entries in FeisWeb is much shorter this year compared to last, so pay heed to your warnings.

The overall cap will be 1600 dancers. The cap for championships (preliminary and open) is 700. [We reached the champ cap last year in a little under a week.]

We will have 8-hand ceilis, girls and mixed, again at the start of the day (8:15am this year). All 8 team members must register.

Our charity hard shoe competitions go to benefit JDRF. Thank you for your support.

Replies:
Subject: Worlds choreography u16

Author:
Dance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:50 04/15/15 Wed

Did anyone see worlds choreography? Opinions?

Replies:
Subject: hi. travelling with friends to NACs and therefore havent been able to pay $50 family registration with an entry. is this just for registration to enter this fee? i am booked in a block room so will i get a wristband anyway and what is the door fee?

Author:
First timer lol struggling to find the right info :)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:07 04/15/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Tri State Feis

Author:
Wendy and Colleen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:07:36 04/14/15 Tue

We wanted to share that we have a block of rooms held at the Hampton Inn Garden City 516-227-2720
Ask for Doherty Petri School block – Full hot breakfast/Free WI/FI
See you at feis on Sunday, May 31, 2015!

Any questions please contact us at petrifeis@yahoo.com
Wendy and Colleen

Subject: Is it true that all age groups will dance 3 at a time at NANS? If so, it is a huge mistake. Very unfair to dancers 14 and above who rarely dance 3 at a time, certainly not at the NERO or at Worlds!

Author:
Hope it's not true
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:05:43 04/14/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Is it true that all ages are dancing 3 at a time for Nationals? I think that would be extremely dangerous for the older girls and especially the Senior Ladies!

Author:
Please tell me this is not true!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:06 04/14/15 Tue

Subject: O'Shea Feis? Anyone have link to syllabus one on website not working.

Author:
tanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:10:20 04/14/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Is there any way to get Hansen-Keohane grade marks?

Author:
I know they are not on feisweb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:36:32 04/14/15 Tue

Subject: Feis at the Beach ROOM AVAILABLE 4/17-4/19

Author:
HADM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:23 04/14/15 Tue

I have a non refundable room at Le Voyageur in Wildwood NJ for this weekend's Feis at the Beach, Friday & Sat nights. total $174 for both nights, plus tax etc. Type C 2 room efficiency suite, 1 Double, 1 Twin & Full sz SofaBed, Full Size Refrigerator,Microwave, 2 Burner Electric Stove, 40" LCD TV & 32" LCD TV (2 Tvs) In Each Room- Sleeps Up To 5
contact me ASAP if interested michellegaughran@comcast dot net

Subject: Horgan Grade Marks

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:33:48 04/14/15 Tue

Said they would be on their website in a couple of days. Does anyone know where I could find them?

Replies:
Subject: BEAUTIFUL YELLOW DRESS FOR SALE!

Author:
crawford
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:40:42 04/13/15 Mon

Beautiful yellow dress for sale! Ages 14 to 17. height of dancer 5'3 - 5'4. Stands out on stage and is covered in AB crystals. Email me for more details. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Photo of Awards HK Prelim U11

Author:
Lesa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:22:26 04/13/15 Mon

Hoping that someone has a photo of the Prelim U11 awards from HK feis yesterday? I missed getting a photo of the group and would really like to have one for my daughter's scrap book. If you have one you are willing to share please email me. Thank you! Lovely feis yesterday - Congrats to all the dancers - great group of U11 dancers. Lesa

Subject: Any suggestions for online shops for Irish Dance earings? I know they sell them at feiseanna, but we are looking to get a new pair before the next feis. Thank you!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:23:01 04/13/15 Mon

Subject: judges for Cape Cod Feis are not listed on the syllabus. Can someone confirm? feis is a few weeks away.

Author:
anyone??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:52:50 04/13/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Would someone be kind enough to share the results of prelim U15 from Horgan this weekend?

Author:
tia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:38:08 04/13/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Can anyone tell me if there are free parking areas ner NANs? Flying form MWR, debating on getting rental car. Thanks.

Author:
mm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:48:25 04/13/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Hansen Keohane Feis Prelim under 17 results?

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:58 04/12/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: top 3 for HK Open u12?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:29 04/12/15 Sun

Subject: Horgan

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:14:44 04/12/15 Sun

Any prelim u10 results from Horgan?
Thank you

Subject: Horgan Feis Treble Reel over 12 comp 201 - winner?

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:09 04/12/15 Sun

watched that comp and simply curious who won it? it was a great comp! that young man and his leaps, wow, impressive (no, i don't know him, just admired his form).

Replies:
Subject: Why won't HK feis provide marks and comments for any grades?

Author:
Very disappointed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:16 04/12/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Marina MacKinnon for your 1st place in Open U17!

Author:
Idm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:57 04/12/15 Sun

Subject: CONGRATULATIONS LINSEY HOFFMAN FROM SCOIL RINCE LUIMNI

Author:
CT Friends!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:07:30 04/12/15 Sun

On your 2nd First in Prelim U16. Welcome to Opens! Can't wait to see you dance at NATIONALS!!

Replies:
Subject: Hansen Feis

Author:
Spring Breaker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:38 04/12/15 Sun

Are Hansen Results being posted anywhere?

Subject: I usually find the Irish dance community to be a very kind and supportive one. I am very hurt about someone's actions today see inside.

Author:
Kim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:02:38 04/12/15 Sun

I have been part of the Irish dance community for over 10 years. I have always said found it to be a supportive and kind group. That is why I was so upset today when I left the feis and found someone's car jammed into a spot that it clearly did not fit. By parking this way their license plate bolts damaged my car. The person clearly knew what they did because the cars were touching, I have pictures. I have left my contact info on the windshield of this car. Please contact me if you happen to be the person whose car this is. I am more upset and hurt then angry. I feel disrespected. I would like to get the damage repaired without having to go to the authorities. Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Can anyone share Open u18 from Horgan? and the set comp as well?

Author:
couldn'tgo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:07 04/12/15 Sun

Subject: My young dd likes to watch yiutube videos of irish dancing...any particular ones you like to get inspired or learn from?

Author:
Jigmomma
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:43:31 04/12/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Travelling from Ireland for nans. Last minute decision as we were unable to dance at worlds Dancing on 1 July so plan to stay 29th June for 3/4 nights. We don't appear to be able to locate an available hotel nearby. Does anyone have any rooms available on those dates near the venue that they don't need? All help appreciated...0nly located Omani hotel and that's full. All others over twenty mins away from venue. Thankyou

Author:
Bob joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:22:10 04/12/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Prelim u17 from Horgan yesterday??

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:13 04/12/15 Sun

Subject: June 14 Irish heritage feis syllabus is up Facebook/osheachaplin and bostonirishdance.com

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:48:28 04/12/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Black rhinestones

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:12:38 04/12/15 Sun

Looking to add sparkle to black velvet areas of daughter's dress. Any suggestions? Jet black, hematite, black diamond. Too many choices online and without seeing them I'm confused!

Replies:
  • jet black -- Great effect., 13:10:47 04/12/15 Sun
Subject: Who are the judges for the Cape Cod Feis this year, nothing listed.

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:38 04/12/15 Sun

Subject: Anyone have results for prelim U13 from Horgan?

Author:
Please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:19:50 04/12/15 Sun

Subject: Lost at Horgan yesterday. Blue Bow with rhinestones for the back of dress.

Author:
feis mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:23 04/12/15 Sun

Subject: Lynn Feis

Author:
Jennifer Troup
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:20:29 04/12/15 Sun

Does anyone know where I can find last year's schedule for the Lynn Spring Feis?

Replies:
Subject: FAB website updated! The first page has information about events and links to the schedule.

Author:
FABcommittee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:36:29 04/11/15 Sat

We have uploaded both a pdf and an excel file. A map of the venue has also been posted. This year, we have rented another room for one of the stages to give even more room! Let's hope for good weather so the champ awards can be outside.

Subject: open u15 and prelim u14 results?

Author:
horgan feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:39:29 04/11/15 Sat

Subject: Does anyone know results for preliminary U15 from Horgan?

Author:
Thank you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:44 04/11/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Horgan results for prelim u13?

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:10 04/11/15 Sat

Subject: Congratulations to Chris Denslow on your 2nd 1st place - Welcome to Open Champ status

Author:
your 2nd mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:11 04/11/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations Rebecca Kall!!! 1st place today at Horgan

Author:
SRL fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:57 04/11/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Horgan U18 results?

Author:
Unable to attend
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:57:00 04/11/15 Sat

Subject: Is there another email address to reach Horgan besides their yahoo account?

Author:
thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:56:36 04/10/15 Fri

Subject: Anyone know if Horgan is combining champ comps??

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:02 04/10/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: What number do most grade competitions split at?

Author:
---
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:05:59 04/10/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Hansen Keohane Feis

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:19:42 04/09/15 Thu

Will dancers numbers be available at the door Sunday?

Replies:
Subject: Photos for 2014 Nationals

Author:
Catherine (Bischoff)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:23 04/09/15 Thu

I am trying to find the company that took pictures of competitors at Nationals in Montreal back in July. Do any of you know the name of the company? I am trying to find a picture of my daughter. Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Subject: Horgan Prelim results?

Author:
QP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:04 04/09/15 Thu

First timer to Horgan, visiting family & coming from out of region. Do they do Prelim results as they are available or just 1-2 times during day? Trying to let family know time frame -- DD is one of first groups in morning. Thanks, looking forward to new feis.

Replies:
Subject: Found iPod touch in Montreal. Looking for the owner. Email that it's activated to is b*****@gmail.com.

Author:
CD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:14:11 04/09/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Lynn Academy Feis: please note change in judges: Jackie Scanlon, Ireland; David Smith, Scotland; Ann Johnston, NY; Lisa Clark, Paris France; Barb Blakey-O’Brien, Alberta, CAN; Patricia Gilcrest-Kelso , Toronto, CAN; Anthony Murnane, FL; Stephen Scariff. FL; Kathleen Boutin, MA; Kathleen O’Keefe, NY; Joan Cass, NY; Joanie Cass, NY

Author:
Feis Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:56 04/09/15 Thu

Subject: Grand Canyon State FEis

Author:
GCSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:24 04/09/15 Thu

Just a reminder that the Grand Canyon State Feis is open for registration on Feisworx. We will be returning to the Doubletree Scottsdale/Paradise Valley May 30 & 31st.

The Doubletree is a AAA Four Diamond Resort set on 22 acres. It features 2 outdoor pools, a health club, putting green, racquetball, basketball and tennis courts and a children's playground. A complimentary shuttle is great for exploring the local area including Old Town Scottsdale and enjoy the influence of the Old West as you stroll around the unique shops. The hotel offers a prime location in the heart of the city. Venture just steps from the hotel for great dining, nightlife and shopping.

Bring the family and be sure to stay for our live music poolside Saturday night. The room rate of $79 as well as the syllabus can be found on Feisworx or our website www.grandcanyonstatefeis.com

Hope to see everyone in Scottsdale May 30 & 31st.

Subject: Going to NANs in July

Author:
and starting to plan.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:47:53 04/09/15 Thu

What would New Englanders say we should do with 2-3 extra days after the dancing is done? We have already visited Boston, now looking for other great opportunities to show the kids.

Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Subject: Blinging up a dress

Author:
Cathryn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:34:49 04/09/15 Thu

I'm new at this so I'm hoping all the more experienced moms can help. I bought my DD her first solo dress, but it is relatively unadorned. Her teacher suggests adding loads of crystals. I have NO IDEA where to start. I am not crafty and am terrified of ruining the dress. Is there someone I can hire to add the crystals? What about design? Any help would be appreciated. I spent good money on the dress and I want her to wear it.

TIA!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know when the anton and sully vol. 4 comes out on itunes?

Author:
???
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:20 04/08/15 Wed

did not have a chance to get a copy at worlds...

Replies:
Subject: Horgan Feis--camping or bleachers?

Author:
PA mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:49:20 04/08/15 Wed

anyone know if there is any seating at the school for the Horgan Feis or should we bring chairs?

Replies:
Subject: Horgan Feis Schedule

Author:
Jennifer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:47 04/08/15 Wed

Does anyone know when the Horgan Feis schedule will be up, thanks.

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if Hansen Keohane posts a competitor list?

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:45:11 04/07/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Horgan feis schedule. Champs in different age groups are scheduled to begin at the same time. Combining?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:16:24 04/07/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Trying to contact Horgan feis. Check not cashed for registration, have not received number. Tried email, no response yet.

Author:
any ideas?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:50 04/07/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Need to book a room for Nationals any suggestions from New Englanders - which is closest and easiest to Providence - Pawtucket, Warwick or Seekonk, MA? thanks

Author:
mc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:08:43 04/07/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Thinking of going to All Irelands this October. Can anyone who has been tell me how the schedule has worked in the past? Does it generally go from youngest to oldest or does this change from year to year depending on numbers?

Author:
Thanks in advance!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:15:31 04/07/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Looking for a new dress....

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:53:05 04/07/15 Tue

I am trying to find a dress for my daughter and will be at the Horgan Feis on Saturday. If you have a dress that would fit the measurements below, please email me! Thank you!

Waist - 27
Hips - 31.5
Chest - 29
Arm - 22

Replies:
Subject: Horgan spring feis --just wondering if anyone knows when they might post the schedule? thankyou

Author:
om
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:18:07 04/07/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Newbie...what dances will u8 do at the oireachtas this year

Author:
Op
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:57:16 04/07/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: WORLD WINNERS!!!! SMITH HOULIHAN

Author:
fan of SHA (WAHOOO SMITH HOULIHAN)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:03:16 04/06/15 Mon

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO SMITH HOULIHAN PLACING THIRD IN LADIES ALL GIRLS CEILI CHAMPIONSHIPS EASTER SUNDAY WHAT A BRILL WIN TO THE END OF THE WORLDS!! CONGRATS TO ALL NEW ENGLAND DANCERS!!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone remember if H-K prelim goes youngest to oldest or oldest to youngest? I'm supposed to read at church that morning and need some lead time if I have to get a sub.

Author:
C2
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:43 04/06/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: If you come in 2nd in a dance in novice and there are more then 20 in the group does it count as a first to move up like some other regions

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:11 04/06/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Young novice dd finally got 'arms' under control..next up is working on turn out..any tips or tricks..tx

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:42:07 04/06/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: New England board

Author:
A voice for the dancers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:30:46 04/05/15 Sun

It has come to our attention that the New England Board has come under recent scrutiny. How is it possible that they are not held accountable for their actions?

In the corporate world shareholders are permitted to attend meetings. In essence, as parents of Irish dancers, we are the shareholders since we pay their teachers salaries. A parent from each school should have the opportunity to attend each board meeting and have an active vote.

This would guarantee that the dancers best interests are being met rather than the Boards petty vendettas. Who are the New England Board
Members held accountable to?

Replies:
Subject: Happy Easter! I know not everyone is religious but I'm surprised to see griping on a lovely spring sunday. Here is a post copied from MW board that I thought was great....

Author:
Friend to all
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:16:04 04/05/15 Sun

With the World Championship competitions in Montreal all
Wrapped up today

Be reminded:

This is a time when emotions run high--both good and bad. Before you post something about the judging, the costume, the falls, the team, the TC, the school, the committee, the dancer...

Remember there are real people with real feelings attached to the statements you write. Some of those people are quite young. Others may be an innocent part of some larger scenario. And sometimes there's no scenario, just imagination.

PLEASE think twice before hitting that send button on an unkind, albeit "truthful" or "honest" post. Not all truths need to be told, much less in the bluntest of terms. Take the time to think about your post while you are filling out the Captcha code. Count to 3 and reread what you have written. Don't send it if you wouldn't want something similar written about your school, child, TC or friend.

While the mods believe in the right to express opinions, we tend to edit more actively during the post-Worlds period. If you have younger dancers with access to a computer, monitor their posts.

Be kind, be considerate, be self-controlled.

Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Newbie here with stupid question..dd just learned treble jog...Im sure tc said to do this 'slow' at the feis coming up but I don't see a speed choice for AB...does AB all do same speed and when you go to noviceyiu have a choice..confused

Author:
Abnewbie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:31:13 04/05/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Samuel Miller 6th in the World!

Author:
Huge fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:30 04/04/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Congrats to Colin & Martin on your recalls at Worlds!

Author:
U19 friend and fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:19:49 04/04/15 Sat

Way to represent New England!

Replies:
Subject: A huge congratulations to the three NE U19 Ceili teams that placed top 10!!! Harney, Murray & O'Shea! Nice work ladies!

Author:
NE Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:15:06 04/04/15 Sat

Subject: A BIG congratulations to our Senior Ladies! Emily, Bridget, Theresa, Kelsey, Tabitha, and Erin! Great job ladies!

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:23 04/04/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Big congratulations to Hali Thorne u21 on her 9th place! made NE proud!

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:14:47 04/03/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: What Rimmel Tanning Lotion works/looks best?

Author:
First time buyer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:10 04/03/15 Fri

Waterproof or not? Matte or shimmer? Pros and cons of the different ones?

Replies:
Subject: congrats to Olivia Cassano for recalling today!!

Author:
beautiful dancer, lovely young woman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:06:19 04/03/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Beautiful Dress For Sale

Author:
Leslie R.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:01:47 04/03/15 Fri

Stunning blue velvet Shauna Shiels dress for sale. Fits 10 year old to 13 year old. For more information visit: http://getthatdress.com/20742/dress-x20742/

Subject: competitor list for U18 world's and results

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:41:57 04/03/15 Fri

Would anyone happen to have the competitor list for LadiesU18? If so could you post here and do you have the results for that age group?

Replies:
Subject: Lynn Academy Spring Feis, Sunday, May 3. The feis is only 1 month away and is filling quickly. Remember to follow us at 'lynnfeis' on Twitter and FB.

Author:
Feis Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:54 04/02/15 Thu

Subject: Worlds in Montreal

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:24:41 04/02/15 Thu

About to head towards Montreal and wondering what weather is like there? Also is there an issue with using US dollars, or are Canadian dollars easy to get up there? Also what are folks doing for phoning US. Using Viber, Verizon international plan?
Thanks for your help!

Replies:
Subject: We are working on the stage schedule for FAB! (No, I can't guarantee when it will be done :) ) Please check your registered dances and make any changes necessary. Let us know if you have problems.

Author:
FAB committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:31:28 04/02/15 Thu

Please spread the word.

Subject: Can anyone with experience attending the Horgan feis help me with a few questions?

Author:
I've emailed but have not been getting a response...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:38:48 04/02/15 Thu

This is our first time attending. My confirmation email said that you could have sent in a self addressed stamped envelope to have your number mailed to you. I did not see that information anywhere on the syllabus. Did I miss something?

I have also asked how much it costs for marks. I was told I could fill out the form within ten days of the feis, but no response on how much to make the check out for. Also, where do I get the form? I do not have a facebook account.

Thanks in advance for any tips and help!

Replies:
Subject: Can someone please tell me where I can see photos and results of the Worlds this week online

Author:
Retired Dancers' Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:17 04/02/15 Thu

Much appreciated. Is there a site where I don't have to pay a fee for this? Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Congrats NE U17! 8 recalls! Abby, Aislinn, Megan, Leah, Ciara, Ella, Kate, Peyton. Beautiful dancing !

Author:
NE Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:35:15 04/01/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Anybody have any idea when the Horgan and Hansen keohane schedule will be out ?

Author:
Trying to plan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:31:57 04/01/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: So how is/was Montreal? I know we were there for NAIDC a but just curious if it's a very different setup? The pics look it. Good vibe? Any reviews. Wish I was there!

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:42:57 03/31/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Congrats to our NE girls who recalled Tuesday!! Tough comps out there! Good luck to all

Author:
Fan of GU15 and GU16
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:33:22 03/31/15 Tue

Congrats Brooke & Jolie u15
And Clare & Caroline L U16

Replies:
Subject: Is it true a school boycotted the Forbes Feis?

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:07:43 03/31/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Girls U16 recalls inside

Author:
Montreal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:19:23 03/31/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Does anybody know the best way to get to the Bonaventure Hotel?

Author:
Thank You🍀
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:11:20 03/31/15 Tue

Subject: Have recalls/results for gu14 come out yet?

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:55 03/31/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Need some infusion of energy into practice music. Suggestions welcome :)

Author:
Johjulale
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:19:16 03/31/15 Tue

Tired of the same old jigs and reels

Replies:
  • Try beoga (NT) -- Dd loves it, 14:57:13 03/31/15 Tue
    • Beoga -- Johjulale, 09:18:25 04/01/15 Wed
Subject: Congratulations to Sadie Bucknam, 11th place u14!

Author:
Amazing!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:07 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: is there a list anywhere of the adjudicators for Worlds?

Author:
id mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:28 03/30/15 Mon

Subject: Is the NE region changing from 2 to 3 prelim wins to move up to open?

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:39:02 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Forbes Quincy Feis Champ Results Posted

Author:
Jim M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:53:27 03/30/15 Mon

http://feisweb.com/Results/Manage/QUI15

Replies:
Subject: any results frm forbes, OC girls U17 ?

Author:
dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:33:59 03/29/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Feis Record Books

Author:
website is below
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:38:47 03/29/15 Sun

I've been selling these books in my region for over 10 years, but just recently launched an Etsy shop.
These books are a great way to keep track of your Irish dancer’s progress and they make great gifts for ‘first feisers’ to long time champs.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FeisBooks

Thanks for looking.

Subject: CONGRATS CAITLIN DOOHER ON FIRST IN PRELIM U12!!! Such an amazing group of dancers!

Author:
Well deserved
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:25 03/29/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Congrats to our New England Dancers at the World Championships today!!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:56:37 03/29/15 Sun

Boys 11-12:
14th Place, Aidan Hurff (O'Shea-Chaplin)
17th Place, Ronan Kelly (Brady Kenny O'Brien)

Girls 10-11:
26th Place, Kylie Meringer (O'Shea-Chaplin)

Girls 11-12:
29th Place, Eadaoin Clarke (Lynn)
36th Place, Margaret Krein (Murray Academy)
39th Place, Arianna Mazur (Murray Academy)

Replies:
Subject: Vacationing in Boston over the break. Two questions for locals...

Author:
Moms
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:48 03/28/15 Sat

#1 is there still snow on the ground? and #2 any discounted prom dress shops you would recommend? thanks so much!

Replies:
Subject: Best of luck to all dancers at World's this week! Though we dance for different schools, we're united in representing a great, supportive NE dancing region, and will be cheering for everyone! :)

Author:
DS Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:38:57 03/28/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: FYI, Are you traveling to Montreal for Worlds and use Verizon wireless? I just found out that Verizon has new discounted rates for calling, texts and data.

Author:
The Tan Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:11 03/27/15 Fri

$15 for 100 minutes, 100 sent texts (incoming texts are free) & 100 mb of data. Also $30 for 250 minutes, 250 texts and 250 mb of data. Overages are 10 cents/ minute, 10 cents a text & $10 for 100mb of data. These rates are much cheaper then they have been in the past. Verizon wireless 800-922-0204 If you're using another carrier please call them as regular rates are very expensive. Safe travels everyone, the Tan Man.

Replies:
Subject: To VT resident who posted below - How are roads in higher elevations now, say White River Junction to Burlington?

Author:
Any snow remaining? Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:26:46 03/27/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Emerald Association of Putnam County Feis - we are considering this feis - can anyone who has attended in the past share their experiences? Is this also a festival - I think it's outdoors? Thank you for all opinions/experiences shared!!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:17:37 03/27/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: HK feis...postmarked the 28th or received by the 28th?

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:15 03/26/15 Thu

Subject: Flying into Burlington and taking the greyhound to Montreal. I have a few hours to wait at night. Anyone know Burlington Airport - coffee shops, seating etc. We don't get into until midnight and bus leaves at 4:15am.

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:58 03/26/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: The June 14th Irish heritage feis syllabus is now on Facebook/osheachaplin. We will have sashes and medal rounds for championships and ceili competitions. Our judges are Myra Watters, Sheila Cloherty, Anna O'Sullivan, Joan Cass, Kerry Oster, Elicia Greenway, Joanie Cass, Karyn Oster, and more. Please email Lisa at osheachaplin@hotmail.come with any questions.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:08:41 03/26/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Grade Exams- before the Southern Tier Feis, Friday August 14 (Binghamton, NY). Grades 1-10

Author:
Save the date! Details will be distributed as we finish feis syllabus
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:55:01 03/26/15 Thu

Subject: Room available at the Westin in Montreal 3/28-4/6 - in the block. If you are interested please leave email

Author:
can no longer go
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:22:47 03/26/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Glue question - What glue do you use/think works best for re-affixing stones to a dress?

Author:
First Solo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:33:02 03/26/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if hansen-keohane is accepting late entries still or is feis closed?

Author:
NEID mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:43 03/25/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Room available at the Westin in Montreal Sat 3/28-Mon 4/6 - in the block. If you are interested please leave email

Author:
No longer able to attend
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:14:33 03/25/15 Wed

Replies:
  • Westin room -- Need room 4/4 and 4/5, 09:20:40 03/30/15 Mon
Subject: Room in Weston in Worlds room block now available Sat and Sun nites. If anyone is interested, please reply with email and I will contact you

Author:
Can no longer attend.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:20:34 03/25/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Looking for a pair of slightly broken in Fays gray sole in size 5 ?

Author:
Sean K
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:13 03/25/15 Wed

Just checking to see if any one has a pair to sell .

Replies:
Subject: The June 14th Irish heritage feis syllabus is now on Facebook/osheachaplin. We will have sashes and medal rounds for championships and ceili competitions. Our judges are Myra Watters, Sheila Cloherty, Anna O'Sullivan, Joan Cass, Kerry Oster, Elicia Greenway, Joanie Cass, Karyn Oster, and more. Please email Lisa at osheachaplin@hotmail.come with any questions.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:32 03/25/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have an old schedule from Horgan Academy to know how they usually run their prelim comps at the spring feis?

Author:
thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:09:59 03/25/15 Wed

NT

Replies:
Subject: Oh dear. There is now a raffle to win a room at the Omni for NANS. Just when things got nice and quiet.

Author:
Here we go again
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:32:17 03/24/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if the Cape Cod Feis syllabus posted anywhere?

Author:
Thinking of trying this one. Thanks.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:06:16 03/24/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Curly Girlz is offering 30% off our Irish Dance Pins! More Inside...

Author:
Curly Girlz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:53 03/24/15 Tue

Curly Girlz is so excited to announce the grand opening of our new Etsy shop. We've been hard at work getting things all set up and now we are ready to celebrate! During the month of March, get 30% off your entire order at http://www.etsy.com/shop/curlygirlzpins! Use the coupon code CGGRANDOPENING30 at checkout.

Subject: McGough Academy feis now on feisweb

Author:
Yay!!!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:04 03/24/15 Tue

Subject: Dance schools in Shelton, CT area

Author:
Former dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:39:06 03/24/15 Tue

Looking to start daughter dancing but living in Shelton. What are my options for dance schools. Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: FeisDresses.com is a great site for buying & selling Irish dance costumes and accessories. Listings are always FREE!

Author:
Rhonda at FeisDresses.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:12:44 03/24/15 Tue

BUYING?
We have one of the largest collections of Irish dance dresses, vests and accessories online for a great selection if you are looking for something. Easy search tools to narrow down choices, or use the search box at the top. Use our "Save your favorites" feature to find them again easily.

SELLING?
FeisDresses.com is a high traffic site with millions of visitors, so your items will be seen! Listings are always free. Edit your own listings 24/7 including changing your own photos and marking your item as sold. All listings get automatically posted to facebook and twitter.

Subject: Ronan McCormack here. Imagine being credited as a sponsor or producer of a stage production at the Edinburgh Festival - the world's biggest and most prestigious arts festival!

Author:
The Bad Arm - Confessions of a Dodgy Irish Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:20 03/24/15 Tue

Maire Clerkin's show "The Bad Arm - Confessions of a Dodgy Irish Dancer" offers these rewards and more if you contribute to her Kickstarter fund before Wednesday, March 25th at 5.00 p.m. Copy and paste this link in your browser to check out the show and how to contribute:

kck.st/1EKw11J

The show has already played to rave reviews in New York, Chicago & LA and I had the privilege of presenting it in Dublin in 2011. It offers a hilarious yet poignant insight into the world of Irish dance in a way no other Irish dance show has. Let's give a final push and send “The Bad Arm” to Edinburgh!

Subject: Worlds Block Room Available Sun 3/29–Sat 4/4, Springhill Suites by Marriott. Reservation can be modified/shortened. Includes free WIFI and hot/cold breakfast buffet. Newly renovated king suite w/sofa bed (sleeps 5) @ $159 CAD p/n +txs/fees. One night prepaid, $167.23 USD. Click on name for email.

Author:
Injured dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:16:18 03/23/15 Mon

Subject: How do you calculate the amount of World Medal holders thier will be at worlds?

Author:
NE World Qualifier
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:49 03/23/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: The Hartford St. Patrick'd Day Parade

Author:
Sheila & Shannonl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:02:00 03/23/15 Mon

A Huge CONGRATULATIONS to The Shamrock School who won FIRST PLACE as the best Irish Dance School marching unit at the Parade. We are so thrilled & proud of our dancers. Well done Shamrockers!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: # OF DANCERS in each comp at worlds ?? any one know the #s ?

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:31 03/22/15 Sun

just wondering is all ? thank you

Replies:
Subject: The Complete Irish Dance Music Collection!

Author:
www.seanobrienfeismusician.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:22 03/21/15 Sat

THE COMPLETE IRISH DANCE MUSIC COLLECTION

Brought to you by one of the world's leading Irish Dance musicians – Sean O'Brien

Available on ITUNES now!!!

FEIS MUSIC 1: ADVANCED for Championship level dancers

FEIS MUSIC 2: STEPPING UP for dancers of all grades and levels

SET DANCES FOR IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-14 contains all of the current Traditional and Own Choice set dances, as laid out by CLRG

CEILI MUSIC FOR IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-3 contains all of the ceili dances in the book

Sean is playing at this year's World Irish Dance Championships in Montreal, so get your music now in time for the event!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/sean-obrien/id5449967

Subject: Secure your spray tan time slot for the 2015 North American Nationals. Feistan will be on site in Providence. Spray tanning Irish dancers since 2008.

Author:
The Tan Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:59:04 03/21/15 Sat

www.Feistan.com for appointments.
Good luck to everyone heading to Montreal for worlds!

Subject: What's the trick for getting poodle socks staying bright...we bought those sparkly ones..just hand wash? I'm a newbie and want to keep those $30 socks looking new lol

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:45:22 03/21/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Please and Thank You

Author:
feismum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:48:51 03/20/15 Fri

Dear TC's, ADRG's, Instead of demanding that my child do things to promote your school, like dance outs, maybe you could find a nicer way to ask, especially since my child will never see the money the school gets for the dance outs? And, how about you actually send out thank you emails on a regular basis for all that your students and their parents do to support your school?

Replies:
Subject: Duplicate Feis Name

Author:
Entry sec
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:41:15 03/19/15 Thu

Please be aware that the WIDA Feis, Saline Annual Feis has changed their name to Great Lakes International Feis. Do not register for this event if you wish to compete at the Original, An Commisiun sanctioned Great Lakes Feis, held in Lansing, MI

Subject: Hotels for Horgan Academy Feis

Author:
want to book a room
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:24:30 03/19/15 Thu

will there be room blocks for Horgan Feis?

Subject: PaddyK tops sold in region?

Author:
Johjulale
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:22:55 03/18/15 Wed

Website does not look to be updated, and purchasing involves sending paper authorization to charge credit card. Better safe than sorry...

Subject: How old is too old to Irish dance?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:20:10 03/18/15 Wed

My daughter (Age 21) is starting to feel too old to be a dancer. She has competed and performed for years (is in OC) and feels out of place at her age. Is this common in irish dance?

Replies:
Subject: Happy Saint Patrick's Day! To celebrate, if you'd like my track of single jigs from Champtrax send me an email or Facebook message and I'll email it or Facebook it to you!

Author:
Mark Arrington
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:22 03/17/15 Tue

Subject: Happy St. Patrick's Day, readers! If you are dancing, or chauffeuring dancers, today, have a great time and be careful out there.

Author:
Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:14:53 03/17/15 Tue

Subject: Lynn Feis - Hotel Block

Author:
Long Drive
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:58:58 03/17/15 Tue

I am looking to see if there is a block of rooms for Lynn Feis. I do not see it on their web site nor on the syllabus.

Replies:
Subject: Looking for used hard shoes (size 5)

Author:
Ingrid H.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:35:23 03/16/15 Mon

Does anyone have used hard shoes (size 5) that they're looking to sell? If so, just shoot me an email at imheidel@gmail.com!

Subject: Curious about champs in other schools. How often are classes held per level per week and are they combined? Also, how many students are in a class? TIA

Author:
Planner
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:37:44 03/16/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: I'm sitting here doing my taxes and seem to recall hearing a long time ago that feis entry fees are tax deductible. Is this true? If so, what do I need to submit? I have Feisweb/efeis/paypal receipt emails, but do I also need tax id numbers?

Author:
Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:55:03 03/15/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Masquerade Ball

Author:
Marie Short
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:23 03/14/15 Sat

Have you got your tickets for the Masquerade Ball at Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne Montreal?? It's going to be a GREAT night with LIVE musical entertainment and other entertainment surprises, DELICIOUS 4-course meal, PARTY favours, and MORE!!
Buy your tickets NOW to ensure being seated with your friends!
Look forward to seeing you there!

Subject: Dress for Sale - Doire Dress Design

Author:
d
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:20 03/14/15 Sat

Price reduced...
http://www.usedsolodresses.com/dress/gorgeous-red-velvet-dress-2211.html

Subject: Brand new, never worn Hullachan Boys Reel Shoes w/ Concorde lite heel and reinforced leather Size 9 Reg.$132 For sale for $90 plus shipping.

Author:
Kathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:16:07 03/13/15 Fri

Ordered wrong size and cost too much to ship back to England.

Subject: Brand new red and white Siopa Rince dress for sale

Author:
CT Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:44 03/12/15 Thu

Brand new Siopa Rince dress for sale - red and white with gold accents. Gorgeous crystal neckline! Made Fall 2014 but never worn due to ongoing injury. Made for a teen dancer 5'4" 110 lbs. Not listed anywhere yet. Email me for photos and measurements. The dress is located in CT and arrangements can be made for trying it on at any New England feis.

Replies:
Subject: I have a king room for worlds at the Fairmont Elizabeth - 4/1-4/4. I am need of a room that will hold 3 people - Anyone looking to downsize to a smaller room and switch reservations? Please email me - thanks -

Author:
mc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:45:40 03/12/15 Thu

Subject: Looking to buy a Venus wig by Melaine Murphy. Does anyone know of a US distributor? Thanks!

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:46:31 03/12/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Marks

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:06 03/11/15 Wed

Does anyone happen to know if the gray feis does marks and if they do will they email them?

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know the best way to contact Jeanne Farrell from head for the World? I've sent several emails, but haven't gotten a response. I need a new wig for my daughter. Thanks for your help!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:30 03/11/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: WORLDS HOTEL AVAILABLE

Author:
3/27 to 4/1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:22:44 03/11/15 Wed

I have room at Marriott Spring Hill Suites available, Friday 3/27 to Wednesday 4/1. I paid deposit of $166.55, which included taxes for one night. The number of nights can be altered without penalty. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Murray Academy Feis is now open for registration!

Author:
Feis co-chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:54:21 03/11/15 Wed

The Murray Academy Feis is now open for registration on Feisweb!

The feis will be held Sunday, May 31 at our beautiful new venue, Sanborn High School,
Kingston, NH, approximately 1 hour north of Boston.

Please check our Facebook page and Twitter (@MurrayFeis) for updates.

We hope to see you there!

Adjudicators:

Sheila Bremer, Boston
Sheila Cloherty, Boston
Nancy Devine-Reny, Boston
Brian Grant, Canada
Maureen Greene-O’Leary, Boston
Elicia Greenway, Boston
Helena McCarron—England
Leona McCarron—England
Jackie O’Leary Fanning—Canada
John O’Keefe (CT)
David Smith, Ireland
Byron Tuttle, Ohio

Musicians:

Kevin Forde
Billy Keller
Patty Moriarity Morrissey
Mike Shaffer
Theresa Shaffer

Subject: Is there a contact name for Lost & Found at the NE Regional Feis?

Author:
DD lost shoes :(((((
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:11 03/11/15 Wed

Subject: Looking for a school in or close to Boston with competitive solo/team dancers and male teachers/dancers

Author:
Starting to consider…
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:04 03/10/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Forbes Feis

Author:
oh my goodness
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:04:11 03/10/15 Tue

I thought with Worlds being held that close to the feis date that the numbers would be down; but oldest Open group has 38 registered so far. Except for one, all other open groups are less than 10.

Replies:
Subject: Wondering: approximately how long (either in time or in number of feises) did it take your dancer to move through the novice grade? I know every dancer is different, but just wondering if I can get an approximate "average" time. It might make my dd feel better (or maybe not!)

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:51:40 03/10/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: West Virginia Feis Used Solo Costume Room

Author:
Julie - Mid West
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:31:49 03/10/15 Tue

West Virginia Feis

“Say YES to the Feis Dress and Boys Vest”

The used Solo Costume Room
(This room is supervised and secured by volunteers and there is ABSOLUTELY
NO food or drink permitted in the room)

$5.00 – One Solo Costume
$10.00 – Two or more Solo Costumes - (not to exceed $10.00)

Hours:
Friday, March 27 – 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 28 – 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 29 – 7:00 a.m. to Noon

CASH ONLY

Subject: The Murray dancers' dresses are especially nice. Who makes them?

Author:
Shopping mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:19:05 03/10/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Here's a wonder I have: do adjudicators get to pick what comps they grade? For the last several feises (maybe 5), my dd has danced in front of the same adjudicator. Do they get to say, for example, I really like judging AB/Novice comps, please put me there? I feel like she is never going to dance in front of someone else. Just wondering how those assignments are made.

Author:
wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:09:05 03/10/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Lost item at the Grey Feis- West ballroom - small blue pillowcase with a small yellow cape inside.

Author:
Looking for lost cape. Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:38:14 03/09/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Grades dancers are no longer called up to the podium at Horgan. Results were printed on papers laid out on a table at their fall and winter feisianna.

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:26:08 03/09/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Has anyone taken the bus to Montreal?

Author:
Cheap mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:43 03/09/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Who can I contact about lost items at the grey feis?

Author:
??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:49:47 03/09/15 Mon

Subject: Confused about why some prelim and opens groups didn't receive sashes?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:30:58 03/09/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Wondering how the new fees went today?

Author:
couldn't go
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:52 03/08/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Results of oldest open today.

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:59 03/08/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Lynn Academy Spring Feis is now open for entires on FeisWeb.

Author:
Feis Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:31:04 03/03/15 Tue

http://feisweb.com/

Sunday, May 3, 2015 - Stamford HS, Stamford, CT

Follow the feis on FB and Twitter @LYNNFEIS

Adjudicators:

Lisa Clark, Paris France
Barb Blakey-O’Brien, Alberta, CAN
Patricia Gilcrest-Kelso , Toronto, CAN
Jonathan McMorrow, IRE
Claire Usher-McMorrow, IRE
Anthony Murnane, FL
Stephen Scariff. FL
Kathleen Boutin, MA
Kathleen O’Keefe, NY
Joan Cass, NY
Joanie Cass, NY
Maura Kilkenny-Glynn, NJ

Musicians:

Sean O’Brien—Alberta, CAN
Kevin Forde , NJ
Karen Conway, NJ
Brian Boyce, DE
Mark Arrington, PA
Brian Glynn, NJ

Replies:
Subject: Big Apple Feis--NAFC 2015 schedule says 3/28. FB page says 3/22. Anyone know which one is right?

Author:
confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:09 01/21/15 Wed

Replies:
Archives: 12345678 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.