VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: Horgan posted on fb quassy feis will be held kabor day weekend!!

Author:
Yeah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:33:51 06/19/18 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: New Haven Feis

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:26:59 06/19/18 Tue

Just a few notes and reminders ahead of the weekend- Please bring your Feis Web confirmation or pull it up on your phone so that you do not have to pay for parking or to get into the festival. The schedule will be out on Wednesday. Head for the World will be a vendor and they will be bringing some Fay's shoes products with them as well. Please remember that this is an outdoor feis in a field. Prepare for all kinds of weather (although our fingers are crossed for only good weather)! Bring plastic bags to cover your dancer's shoes when walking to/from the stages, bring an umbrella in case of rain. You may also want to bring a leotard and skirt in case of rain or very hot weather. There will be one championship stage inside one of the buildings, all other stages are outside under tents.

Thank you and looking forward to a great day on Sunday!

Replies:
Subject: Are their twitter/facebook/instagram updates for GBIDT feis today? I can't seem to find any social media.

Author:
TIA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:27:19 06/17/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: For Sale (can bring to Father's day feis): Camelia Rose Clodagh bun color 12, worn twice. $100 new. $50! Camelia Rose AB Madeline tiara. $80 new, $20. 2 Paddy K tops one black one white, $35 each new, $20 for both (black worn only for feising, white only worn once). Size 4 Fay's heavies $25. New Celtic Choice size 5 ghillies, Like new size 4.5 $30 each.

Author:
Brenda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:44 06/16/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Mock-neck leotard

Author:
size-challenged
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:50:14 06/15/18 Fri

Just ordered my daughter a mock-neck leotard on Amazon. It arrived, and is way too big (it may actually fit me). Is there somewhere in the local Boston area that sells these? We clearly need a try-on. Or, a recommended online source with fits as-expected youth sizes? Thanks so much in advance!

Replies:
Subject: Where and when is All Irelands next year? thank you.

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:25:26 06/15/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: New Vanishing Lake Music Available

Author:
Katie Grennan (TCRG)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:37 06/15/18 Fri

My latest release for Irish dancers - "The Vanishing Lakes Collection" - is available NOW for pre-sale on iTunes and will officially released on June 25th.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-vanishing-lake-collection-bonus-tracks/1396893172

*Reserve your download on iTunes NOW and instantly receive a download of a Presentation Reel track, perfect for class or dance outs!*

As a TCRG myself, I've designed this album to make class more efficient, allowing dancers to focus on endurance and rhythm work.

Tracks are laid out 4 different ways:
----**Entire Set TWICE in a row** (eliminates wasted time in class for those waiting in line to dance)

----**Full Step Part TWICE followed by Set TWICE** (for endurance runs)

----**Basic Set WITHOUT percussion** (encourages dancers to listen to the MUSIC itself, not the heavy beat that is embedded into most Irish dance tracks)

----**Basic Set** (for good, oldfashioned practice =))

Thanks and hope you enjoy!

Subject: 29th British National Championships – 31st August 2018 to 2nd September 2018 - Southport Theatre & Convention Centre, The Promenade, Southport, PR9 ODZ

Author:
Des Silke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:52:55 06/15/18 Fri

Adjudicators: Anthony Costello – Brian Geraghty, Dara O’Shea-Delap, Dermot Cullen, Edward Searle, Elaine Kavanagh, Gavin Doherty, Michelle Higgins-Wyse & Peter Boylan
Musicians: Brian O’Sullivan, Dean Crouch, Francis Ward, Gerry Conlon, Martin Daly & Seamus O’Sullivan
Syllabus link: http://www.instepfm.com/images/2018_BN_Syllabus.pdf
Entry pack link: http://www.instepfm.com/images/2018_BN_ENTRY_PACK.xls
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS MONDAY 25th JUNE 2018

Subject: A few thoughts about Irish dance. It's long, feel free to scroll past

Author:
Cathy Cody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:24:43 06/13/18 Wed

There always seems to be so much attention paid to the negatives associated with Irish dance, the cost of the costumes, favoritism, politics, keeping up with the latest trends in dresses and wigs, who has the better steps, who is associated with whom, and the list goes on and on. What is rarely highlighted are the positives that Irish dance brings to our lives. Ten years ago today, my then six year old daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia. It was, and remains, the worst day of my life. What followed was two years of chemotherapy, hospital visits, worry, spinal taps (17), bone marrow pulls (4), and a constant out pouring of support from people both close to us and those we’d barely meet.
My daughter’s dance teacher visited her in the hospital and gave scholarships to my other two daughters. She allowed my daughter to come to dance class when she felt like it and still let her be in the recital even though she had almost no idea what she was doing. Some of the older girls in the school organized a fund raiser for us, several of the parents made meals, donated snacks to the clinic where she got treatment, and drove my daughters to and from class when I couldn’t. All the teachers in the school sent messages of support and helped my family in whatever ways they could. One year when I posted on the message boards about my daughter dancing at the Quassy feis on her 5 year remission date, people I’d never met before came up to me at the feis to congratulate me on her recovery.
That is what Irish dance is all about. People came together to help a family in need, and they’ve done it again and again when misfortune has befallen someone in our school. It is so easy to fall into the negative spiral that comes with competition. I find myself doing it to, believe me. I think it’s important to remember, though, that there is more to life than how well one places in a competition. The first Irish dances were figure dances and were done at family gatherings. Let’s not forget that dance should be joyous and a celebration.
I’m happy to say that my daughter is now 16, has been cancer free for 8 years and is competing in her first NANs this summer. This Father’s Day, instead of being in the hospital, we will be in MA at a feis. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate her recovery.
Thank you, Griffith Academy for being there for my family.

Replies:
Subject: Greater Boston Teachers Feis

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:13:35 06/12/18 Tue

The schedule for the GBTF is now up on the GBT Facebook page.

Replies:
Subject: Feis web

Author:
Shannon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:41:34 06/12/18 Tue

Just wondering if someone could explain why it takes so long for Feisweb to post Grades results and comments?? Feis Saturday and still nothing

Replies:
Subject: Congrats to OSC for a fab feis yesterday!! On time comps, nice sashes and fantastic music! The only negative (which isn’t their fault) was the lazy judge who gave no comments. If you’re going to sit all day judging open and prelim dancers - so least give them some feedback. Heard of many comps from the start of the day to the end complain of the same thing. Again not the fault of OSC - otherwise an amazing feis!!

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:39:21 06/11/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Oldest open from both days this weekend? Didn’t see either on twitter

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:16:30 06/11/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Thoughts on the Hullachan Pro H4s? Thinking about purchasing if they really make a difference. Personal experiences with them?

Author:
Softshoes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:35 06/11/18 Mon

Subject: Heavey Quinn Feis

Author:
mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:11:34 06/11/18 Mon

Does anyone know what type of championship awards are being given out for the Greater Boston Teacher's feis?

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Bridget Oei on winning Miss Connecticut! So proud to have you as a representative of Griffith and Connecticut. (and UConn, go Huskies!)

Author:
Mrs. Cody
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:26:24 06/11/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: OSC feis yesterday was great! Thanks to the organizers for a well-run feis that went ahead of schedule.

Author:
SS mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:01:06 06/11/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Amazing musicians in the auditorium yesterday

Author:
Thank you O'Shea
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:43:35 06/11/18 Mon

Some of the best we've heard. Would love to see more of them!

Replies:
Subject: Judges posted anywhere for the Fatjer”s Day Feis next weekend? Thx

Author:
Id
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:27:00 06/10/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Has the wristbands for Nationals information been released yet? TIA

Author:
DD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:57:58 06/10/18 Sun

Subject: Thank you to the organizers of the Irish Cultural Center Championships. It was run extremely efficiently and we loved the Medals! Well done DBBA.

Author:
Canadian Mom!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:51:39 06/10/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Will the ICCC Feis post results anywhere?

Author:
Just wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:51:01 06/10/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Splits are posted

Author:
NANs
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:39:17 06/10/18 Sun

http://www.idtana.org/pages/resources/media/NAIDC2018%20-%20Split%20Info%20-%20by%20Split%20only-19.pdf

Subject: Is there a door fee for Irish Heritage Feis?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:46 06/08/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: ICCC Schedule

Author:
feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:00 06/07/18 Thu

Hi All,

You can find the schedule here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aF8QzXdRnkvcO1ZZ4Cnwj0-cFDJlZGk6/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: The Irish dance production "Celtic Fyre" at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, VA is nominated for best theme park entertainment award by USA today. Please click on the link below to vote. https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-amusement-park-entertainment-2018/celtic-fyre-busch-gardens-williamsburg/

Author:
Adm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:27:44 06/07/18 Thu

Subject: O'Rourke Irish Dancers will be hosting Grade Exams on 7/21/18 in Valhalla, NY. Grade Examiner will be Pat Hall. Deadline to submit is 7/7 Applications can be found online on our website http://nebula.wsimg.com/e57a7a55976d451e73dd76d02caad159?AccessKeyId=6C83FE410F765EF7A6A0&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Author:
O'Rourke Irish Dancers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:22:24 06/07/18 Thu

Subject: McLoughlin School Perpetual Trophy Return

Author:
Kathleen Smith
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:14:46 06/06/18 Wed

If you or your dancer won a perpetual trophy at the McLoughlin Feis last October 1 in Suffern, NY congratulation!
I would like to make arrangements to collect your Perpetual Trophy within the next few months. Please email me at mclperpetualtrophies@gmail.com so we can make plans. We will several McLoughlin parents and teachers at several feisanna over the summer months.

Subject: Any seen a schedule for the feis in Yonkers this weekend?

Author:
DanceMum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:14:13 06/06/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Irish Heritage Feis doors will open at 7 am on Sunday, June 10th. The Vendors are Mary Devlin, Head for the World, Feis Fayre and more. Thanks

Author:
feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:51:16 06/06/18 Wed

Subject: Looking for a good Feis atmosphere before NANs... considering North Haven. But require safe stages for champ dancer. Can anyone share experience with this Feis and include info on champ stage size, condition, etc

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:02 06/05/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Maine State Feis - advice

Author:
LK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:43:13 06/05/18 Tue

I'm wondering if anyone here has been to the Maine State Feis and could let us know what you thought of it. From past posts, it looks like they only place top 3 in the grades level. Is there typically a large turnout for this feis or are the numbers small. Are a lot of comps combined to get the 5 dancers in a comp? Is it well run and generally are the stages on time? We'd be travelling a distance and having to stay over night so I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth the trip. Thanks for your feedback.

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know the U10 prelim results from Hartford? The picture for that one isn't on their twitter.

Author:
Tx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:35:26 06/05/18 Tue

Subject: Anyone have a Helen Doyle dress bag they'd like to sell?

Author:
feismummy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:03:26 06/04/18 Mon

Or does anyone know where I can find a used one for sale? Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Vendors for Irish heritage Feis

Author:
FM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:56:32 06/04/18 Mon

Does anyone know what vendors will be at the Irish heritage Feis this weekend in Saugus?

Subject: Relocating to the North Shore area near Boston,. What dance schools are best for a dancer who’s qualified and recalled at Worlds?

Author:
Southern region Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:03:34 06/04/18 Mon

We are familiar with many of the dance schools near Boston, but not near the North Shore. Could use some help because our TC is even less familiar with the region. Thank you in advance!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone think combining the age groups of Open champs U9, 10 and 11 at O'Shea is a little odd? I get combining Opens U9 and U10, Together there are 7 kids, but there are 7 in U11. Why combine?

Author:
Hoping its an error
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:15:16 06/04/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: New Haven Feis Adjudicators

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:20:46 06/04/18 Mon

We are pleased to welcome the following adjudicators:
Sheila Bremer A.D.C.R.G., MA
Sheila Cloherty A.D.C.R.G., NY
Michael Fitzpatrick A.D.C.R.G., MA
Patricia Lenihan A.D.C.R.G., CT
Michael Meehan A.D.C.R.G., IRL
John O'Keefe A.D.C.R.G., CT

Hope to see you on June 24! Sign up now on Feisweb.com

Replies:
Subject: Will results from Hartford be posted online?

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:57:40 06/04/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: O'Shea Feis

Author:
Feis Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:10 06/03/18 Sun

Hello, Does anyone know if O'Shea feis will open back up? Unsure if we can make it but wanted to enter in case schedule worked in our favor. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know what plan is for McInerney feis for this year?

Author:
A favorite feis of ours
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:20:22 06/03/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: ROOM AT HILTON

Author:
Viv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:52 06/03/18 Sun

Still desperately looking for a room at the Hilton

Subject: Heritage Irish Dance feis June 24: solo and Prelim dancers

Author:
Feis Entry (Contact Donna)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:15 06/02/18 Sat

Entries taken through Www.feisweb.com for grades.
Prelim please email me with your Feisweb email address, competitor name and dances.

We also have other special dances like Trad Set, step down the line for JDRF, treble reel and ceili dancing.

It's going to be a great day at our new venue.

Replies:
Subject: Which fake bake tanner do you find works the best?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:07:16 06/01/18 Fri

Looking for nice dark tan for majors!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if Horgan will be holding their feis at Quassy?

Author:
don't see on NAFC schedule
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:46:33 06/01/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Room at Hilton Orlando

Author:
Amy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:41:46 05/30/18 Wed

We aren’t going to Nationals and have a room available.

Two queens
Three nights
June 30, check in
July 3, check out

Email if interested

Replies:
Subject: Tanning at NANs? My daughter is going to her first NANs and I won't be there. She is going with my oldest daughter, but I'd like to set up the tanning ahead of time so it's one less thing to worry about. Anyone know who is doing it?

Author:
Lots of details to juggle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:12:36 05/29/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know the Greene O’Leary schedule yet?

Author:
Tryingtoplanweekend
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:04:09 05/29/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Wow, all the upcoming NE competitions have incredibly low numbers. What is making people skip these days?

Author:
NE Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:38:46 05/28/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Traveling with a dress

Author:
Samantha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:32:41 05/28/18 Mon

We are traveling with a dance dress for the first time for NANS. We have a small zip wedge bag for the dress. Has anyone had trouble fitting these in the overhead bins?

Replies:
Subject: ICCC ENTRY DATE EXTENDED!! You can now sign up without a fee through Friday June 1st! Adjudicators and musicians are posted on website and twitter page. Come join this fun feis at the beautiful grounds of the Irish Cultural Center in Canton, MA...

Author:
Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:47:07 05/28/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: ICC Feis

Author:
Inquiring
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:38:40 05/26/18 Sat

Will Open champion competitions be combined if the attendee numbers are low for the ICC Feis? They were combined a few years ago but not in recent years.

Replies:
Subject: Do you expect your tc to attend feis..to support you and keep up with latest choreography? Should they be there?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:06:00 05/24/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Camp Rince Ceol

Author:
CRC Office
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:12 05/23/18 Wed

Camp Rince Ceol, the largest and longest running Irish dance camp in the world is still accepting registrations. Instructors from Lord of the Dance, Riverdance and Fusion Fighters will work with your child to enhance their technique and inspire them to achieve their goals. All this while having summer camp fun in a safe environment.
Session 3 in NY is full and now closed, space is available in all other sessions but limited. Go to our website to register. Hurry though, registration closes June 1st!
www.irishdancecamp.com

Subject: Need a Room at Hilton

Author:
Naila (Matkevich)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:47 05/23/18 Wed

Hi,

I am looking for a room (king or double/double) at Hilton Orlando. Dates: June 30 - July 3

Replies:
Subject: Will Greene OLeary feis post start times for each level? Or can someone tell me where they are posted?

Author:
Says be ready 15 min before but I don't see times
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:25:11 05/23/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Volunteer in the Nans Costume Shop & Hang Your Costume for FREE!

Author:
LuAnn O'Rourke-Boyd, ADCRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:02:17 05/22/18 Tue

The "Reel Deals Costume Shop" at the North American Championships is in need of volunteers. Volunteers hang a costume for FREE!

This shop is volunteer-run for the benefit of the event and we need willing volunteers. Volunteers may hang 1 costume for FREE for each shift worked.

Dressmaker Special! Dressmakers may hang up to 5 of their own "off the rack" dresses in the shop's new dress section in exchange for volunteering 3 shifts.

Subject: What happens when beginner numbers are really small at a feis?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:55 05/21/18 Mon

There is an upcoming feis with very few beginners either in my kid's age group or the one right above or below. Most of the feiseanna we've been to had at least 10 kids in her group (it's one of the more popular ages for beginners). What happens when there aren't very many, and not many in the nearby age groups either? I wasn't sure since moving up from beginner is based on time and not placement from a competition with a minimum number of competitors.

Replies:
Subject: What did people think of the second chance at Murray?

Author:
Good idea? Or not
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:44:08 05/21/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Jubilee dance tiles for sale

Author:
Kristen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:43:21 05/18/18 Fri

16 black Jubilee dance tiles for sale.
Excellent condition
Retail $38/ea. Selling for $20/ea.
Too heavy to ship but will meet to deliver
Located Boston area

Replies:
Subject: Greene-O'Leary

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:41:46 05/18/18 Fri

Does anyone know the Greene-O'Leary contact information? I have tried emailing them but gotten no answer. Also, my check has not been cashed.

Replies:
Subject: Dongan Feis Entries being Accepted on Feisweb

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:11:42 05/17/18 Thu

Join us July 21st in Albany, NY, for the Gov. Thomas Dongan Feis.

New this year: traditional sets, monitored dress room ($5 per dress)

Feisweb
Dongan Feis

Subject: Is anyone doing makeup for NANs

Author:
dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:08 05/16/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: June 10th Irish Heritage feis entrees are open on feisweb and entry form and entry fee must be mailed in by June 1

Author:
feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:28:42 05/16/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Murray Academy 2018 Feis schedule is up on the facebook page!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:00:53 05/16/18 Wed

Schedule will also be up on the website soon!

Replies:
Subject: Any word on the Murray Feis schedule? They are always so on point I was hoping for an early posting

Author:
Too many things in May
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:34 05/16/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Back to Back Chicago Feiseanna - June 16 and June 17

Author:
Mullane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:00:30 05/15/18 Tue

We would like to cordially invite you once again to the Mullane Godley Feis and the new Father's Day Feis on June 16 and June 17 at the MAX-McCook Athletic Center.

We have a great weekend planned. This is a great tune-up. Saturday's Feis provides three rounds in front of nine adjudicators in both Preliminary and Open Championship. This is a great tune-up for dancers competing in the North American Irish Dance Championships with comments for 9 judges on Saturday and a different 3 judges on Sunday. New this year, all grade competitions will be split at 22 dancers.

•Online registration via Quick Feis
•International Panel of Judges and Musicians
•Low split count for grade level competitions of 23
•Free comments for Grades available online at QuickFeis
•3 Rounds and 9 judges for both PC and OC on Saturday
•Medals for each PC and OC round - 50% awarded
•PC will have normal 2 Rounds on Sunday
•Teddy Bears and special award ceremony for our First Feis dancers on both days
•Synchronized Team Treble Reel competition on Saturday for Cash prizes
•Free comments for PC and OC available at results
•Live streaming of Awards though Facebook Live
•Rotating Panel of Adjudicators
•Podium & Sashes for Top 5 in PC and OC
•Special gift for all the Father's in attendance on Sunday
•Special Father's Day fun team competition with cash prizes

We anticipate that Sunday's Feis will be over no later than 3:30 p.m. Plenty of time to take dad dinner.

Visit mullanegodley.com for more information

Subject: Is there a list of who is judging New Haven Feis

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:59 05/15/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: NANs Hotel Room Available

Author:
Heidi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:51:44 05/15/18 Tue

Deluxe Double Hotel Room available at the Rosen Center Hotel June 29-July 3 ($149 + tax per night). Sadly our plans changed and we will not be going to NANs. Please email if interested. heidilaw7@gmail.com

Replies:
Subject: On feisweb once you’ve registration are you able to delete one comp (eg if you’ve paid for a special but then wish to unsign up could your money be refunded ? )

Author:
Question
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:04:56 05/14/18 Mon

Thanks

Replies:
Subject: Heritage Irish Dance Company nearing cap.

Author:
Feis Entry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:06 05/14/18 Mon

Heritage Irish Dance Company welcomes all competitors to our feis on June 24, 2018 at our new venue. Entries are on www.feisweb.com.

We have a cap of 700 champ and 1250 total.
Unpaid entries have recently been deleted. If you intend to attend our feis, please register and pay so you don't miss out on the feis. There is plenty of room for solos and we encourage you to attend too.

There are NO ENTRIES accepted at the door.

We have ceilis, hardshoe step down the line, treble reels, trad sets, soda bread in addition to your solo and champ competitions.

The syllabus is online at https://www.heritageirishdance.com/

New judges still being added.

Replies:
Subject: Heard at CC feis 2 south shore schools are combing..

Author:
>>
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:59:29 05/14/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: results being posted anywhere today pls?

Author:
thx! (Mccloskey)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:28:51 05/13/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: nationals hotel one last time before i cancel it with hotel

Author:
boston mon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:27:32 05/12/18 Sat

I have the Doubletree hotel for the nights of 2nd and 3rd July available for 149.00 per night 2 queen beds. I am going to cancel with the hotel on Monday. If anybody needs a room please let me know - Thanks

Replies:
Subject: I know it’s been asked before but anyone know the plan for McInereny feis this year? Trying to plan things ahead!

Author:
Ty
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:33:55 05/12/18 Sat

Subject: The legend of Cape Cod Crooked Feis continues. My DD placed in a competition she didn’t dance in. I feel this feis favors Greater Boston Irish Dance Teachers member schools, what organization is that? I though only CLRG schools are allowed to enter.

Author:
NH mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:01:38 05/12/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Hartford Feis deadline extended to 5/16. Mass at 9 am, figures at 10 am, solos and champs start right after figures. Stages are covered with non stick paint and tents, 2 treble reel perpetual trophy competitions, parent-child competition. Sign up a efeis.com

Author:
Feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:55:42 05/11/18 Fri

Subject: Would anyone happen to know who the judges are for the Cape Cod Feis? Can’t seem to find them

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:24:12 05/10/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Any word on if Quassy will happen this year? Please Horgan!

Author:
One of our very favorite comps
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:26:16 05/10/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Doyle Corrigan Dance Family Needs your Help

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:52 05/09/18 Wed

One of the Doyle Corrigan London ON dance families(Hughson) has suffered a series of devastating losses over the past month and we have set up a GoFundMe Campaign to support them. After suffering the devastating loss of two family members in the span of one week, now one month later, they find themselves homeless after a fire tore through their home on May 8, 2018. Please help if you can.
https://www.gofundme.com/support-for-the-hughson039s

Subject: Nationals Hotel - Doubletree July 2nd and 3rd

Author:
boston mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:40 05/09/18 Wed

149.00 per night plus taxes - 2 queen beds

Subject: *~*~*~ NATIONS CAPITAL FEIS - JULY 21 -22, GRADE EXAMS JULY 23 ~*~*~*

Author:
feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:48 05/08/18 Tue

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the Nation's Capital Feis at QUICKFEIS.com

July 21 & 22 at the Sheraton Premier Tysons in Vienna, VA
Grade Exams (1-10) will be held Monday, July 23rd, Grade Examiner: BG Patrick J. McCafferty

Plan now to join us for a weekend of dancing and fun!

Please check the syllabus for full details.

Highlights:

☘️Four $500.00 Dance Scholarship Competitions!

☘️Adult Competitions on Saturday - All single adult competitors will be refunded $20 from the Family Fee at the feis

☘️Lots of unique competitions – Showcase Style, Combined Music/Dance, Hard-shoe Exhibition Extravaganza, Parent Child(ren), Family Ceili, Music, Song, Art, Baking

☘️Exciting opportunity for dancers to join us to dance at the Capitol for an “Exhibition of Irish Dancing" on Saturday with commemorative photo

☘️Room specials at the Sheraton $89.00/night under Nation's Capital Feis Room Bloc.

For INFO / UP-DATES check the website: www.NationsCapitalFeis.com or our FB page @NationsCapitalFeis
QUESTIONS e-mail: LoveNCFeis@aol.com

Subject: We hope you will join us for the 2018 Murray Feis! Our deadline has been extended through Sunday the 13th at 11:59pm, with no late fees through Thursday May 10th at 11:59pm

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:41 05/07/18 Mon

* Same-day SECOND CHANCE COMPETITIONS for all Prizewinners & Preliminary Champions. The first and second chance competitions will have different judges!

* Orlando Raffle! The winner will receive the choice between TWO 2-Day Park Hopper tickets to either Walt Disney World OR Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. Not ready to decide - request a gift card in place of the tickets! Drawing will be at the Murray Feis (winner need not be present) Contact: Murrayfeisraffle1@gmail.com

* All things feis basket raffle.

* Cash raffle.

* Bake Sale.

* Art competition (Free Entry)

* Round awards for both Prelim & Open

* Sashes for all Open Champ placers

* Perpetual Cups for all champ winners!

* 1st place trophies for all novice and prizewinner.

* Great vendors including A&M Dancewear, Feis Fayre, Fays, Head for the World, Pop Culture, Reel Celtic Beauty, Steven Leahy, ​139 handcrafted.

* Great menu starting at 7:30AM
Pizza, cheese or pepperoni
All beef hot dog
Homestyle Mac & cheese
Chicken plate with a side
Ham, Turkey or Buffalo chicken sub
Garden salad
Caesar salad
Chicken Caesar salad
Fresh fruit cups
Bagels, muffins, Doughnuts, yogurt
snacks: chips, fruit, granola bars
Beverages: water, sodas, 100% juice, tea, coffee

Replies:
Subject: Entrees for the June 10 Irish heritage feis are open on feisweb. Please mail in entry form with fees by June 1. Please email Lisa at osheachaplin@hotmail.com with any feis questions.

Author:
feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:12:39 05/07/18 Mon

Subject: Looking for room at Hilton Orlando for the nights of 7/4 and 7/5. Please email me if you have a room available for these night!

Author:
allison
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:09:03 05/07/18 Mon

Subject: Hartford Feis in Glastonbury, CT entry closing date is 5/10. Don't forget to register. Go to efeis.com to sign up!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:13 05/07/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Do any Irish dance schools offer adult classes in or near Boston?

Author:
Ready to Dance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:21:49 05/06/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Lynn Feis - Dress Room

Author:
Is there one?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:40:34 05/05/18 Sat

Subject: Just in time for NAIDC! Camila Rose Clodagh bun wig, color 12. Worn twice, originally $100, selling for $50. Fayes Celtic choice ghillies size 4.5 $35 worn once or twice & 5 $40 never worn.

Author:
Brenda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:24:48 05/05/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Doubletree hotel 7/2 & 7/3

Author:
CM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:47:21 05/04/18 Fri

Someone posted the other day that they have a Doubletree reservation in the hotel block for 7/2 & 7/3 available. I would be happy to take it if it’s still available. Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Four Provinces Feis Lost and Found

Author:
McDC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:43:55 05/04/18 Fri

There were several items left at our Feis last Sunday, including a dress bag (with a dress in it), hard shoes and wigs. Please contact us at Fourprovincesfeis@gmail.com

Subject: Looking for NANs hotel June 29th - July 2st

Author:
Wanted - NANs Hotel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:47:30 05/04/18 Fri

Looking for NANs hotel June 29th - July 1st

Hilton or Rosen but willing to consider other options!
Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Do people wash off the Fake Bake after applications or Put a few coats on and leave it?

Author:
Heard it both ways
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:29 05/03/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: 3 Days Left to Register for The Murray Feis without LATE FEE! Sign up today! 2nd chance prelim and prize winner competitions!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:57:45 05/03/18 Thu

May 6th is the last day to register for the Murray Feis without a late fee!

* Same-day SECOND CHANCE COMPETITIONS for all Prizewinners & Preliminary Champions. The first and second chance competitions will have different judges!

* Orlando Raffle! The winner will receive the choice between TWO 2-Day Park Hopper tickets to either Walt Disney World OR Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. Not ready to decide - request a gift card in place of the tickets! Drawing will be at the Murray Feis (winner need not be present) Contact: Murrayfeisraffle1@gmail.com

* All things feis basket raffle.

* Cash raffle.

* Bake Sale.

* Art competition (Free Entry)

* Sashes for all Open Champ placers

* Perpetual Cups for all champ winners!

* 1st place trophies for all novice and prizewinner.

* Great vendors including A&M Dancewear, Feis Fayre, Fays, Head for the World, Pop Culture, Reel Celtic Beauty, Steven Leahy, ​139 handcrafted.

* Great menu starting at 7:30AM
Pizza, cheese or pepperoni
All beef hot dog
Homestyle Mac & cheese
Chicken plate with a side
Ham, Turkey or Buffalo chicken sub
Garden salad
Caesar salad
Chicken Caesar salad
Fresh fruit cups
Bagels, muffins, Doughnuts, yogurt
snacks: chips, fruit, granola bars
Beverages: water, sodas, 100% juice, tea, coffee

Replies:
Subject: Legacy by the Sea and Legacy Lowcountry

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:29:20 05/03/18 Thu

Registration open now on efeis.com for our June Double Feis Weekend in beautiful Charleston, SC.

Legacy by the Sea Feis – June 9th
Legacy Lowcountry Feis – June 10th – DRESS DOWN SUNDAY (Feis T-shirt & Black Bottoms, no Wigs!)

Plenty of on-site parking, food trucks and concessions at a beautiful new venue, Ashley Hall (http://www.ashleyhall.org/).

Musician and Adjudicator list will be shared soon!

Room Blocks
Holiday Inn Express Charles Medical Area
250 Spring Street
Charleston, SC 29403
$169/night, includes breakfast & parking
Group Code: IDF
https://www.hiexpress.com/redirect…
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
2455 Savannah Hwy
Charleston, SC 29414
$149/night
Group Code: LEID
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/…/hawthorn-suites-by…/overview

Hampton Inn
255 Sessions Way
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
$164/Night
Group Code: LID
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/…/CHSMTHX-LID-201…/index.jhtml…

Holiday Inn Riverview
301 Savannah Hwy
Charleston, SC 29407
$169/night
Group code:¬¬ LID
https://www.ihg.com/…/ho…/us/en/charleston/chsrv/hoteldetail

***SOLD OUT***
DoubleTree
7401 Northwoods Blvd
North Charleston, SC 29406
$139/night
Discount code: IDC
https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/dt/reservation/book.htm?execution=e1s1

Subject: Feis Fayre Hard Shoes

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:47 05/02/18 Wed

Hi. I’m wondering if anyone picked up the wrong hard shoes by accident at the Bracken Feis, Sunday afternoon. I would almost sell my soul to get them back. Thank You!

Replies:
Subject: Entries for the 2018 New Haven Feis are now open on Feis Web!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:42 05/02/18 Wed

Please join us on Sunday, June 24 for one of New England's oldest feiseanna at the CT Irish Festival in North Haven, CT. This outdoor feis and festival has great food trucks, many vendors with Irish crafts, jewelry, etc., and family fun. We are also pleased to be offering music competitions once again. For more information, please visit CTIrishfestival.com

Hope to see you there!

Subject: Hilton Orlando

Author:
BM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:24:41 05/02/18 Wed

I’m looking for a room at the Hilton Orlando for Friday 6/29, Monday 7/2, Tuesday 7/3, Wednesday 7/4 & Thursday 7/5. If you have a room for any of those dates you no longer need please let me know. Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Hilton Room for Nationals available - Check In Saturday June 30 and Check Out Monday, July 2.

Author:
Julie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:18:42 05/01/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: MONTREAL FEIS

Author:
Feis Admin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:05:25 05/01/18 Tue

Only ONE WEEK LEFT to register for Montreal's Ville Marie Feis. Don't miss this back to back feis opportunity (Capital Feis in Ottawa, only 2 hour drive away).

Features of our feis:

***SPECIAL TROPHY COMPETITIONS FOR ALL GRADE LEVELS***

***GRADES/CHAMP LEVEL TREBLE REELS***

***PRELIMINARY DANCE-OFF FOR PERPETUAL TROPHY***

***JUNIOR AND SENIOR CHAMP DANCE OFF WITH PERPETUAL TROPHY***

***PARENT-CHILD COMPETITIONS***

***SASHES FOR TOP THREE CHAMP AS WELL AS PRELIM AND TROPHY SPECIAL WINNERS***

Entries closing MAY 7TH!!

Register at ifeis.net

Subject: Does anyone remember/know when OSC does figures? Trying not to let down team but have a conflict

Author:
Hoping first thing in the morning
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:05:42 05/01/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Class of 2018

Author:
CT mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:23:56 04/30/18 Mon

Congrats grads! Where are you all going? Anyone to Marist? Best of luck to all in your future endeavors!😊

Replies:
Subject: Has anyone shipped a dress to Australia? I'm looking for the cheapest, fastest best way to send it.

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:54:03 04/30/18 Mon

Subject: Judges for Murray?? Thank you

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:13 04/30/18 Mon

saw it on site but now gone?

Replies:
Subject: Saw on Facebook that the cape cod feis will be reopened without a late fee until the 6th.

Author:
NE mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:45:31 04/30/18 Mon

I had already paid the 70$ including the late fee, will I be receiving a refund for the late fee I paid when it didn't need to be?

Replies:
Subject: Lost makeup bag

Author:
U15 dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:40:47 04/30/18 Mon

Hello,
We think my daughter left her makeup bag at the Hansen Keohane Feis. It is a green terry cloth bag with “Caroline “ on the front. We were back and forth a few times between the buildings and didn’t realize we didn’t have it. I’ve talked to HK and it wasn’t turned in to them. We’re hoping it may have ended up in someone else’s bags. Wondering if anyone may have found it?
Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Hello, I am looking for a hotel for NANS from June 27th to the 30th. Would prefer for it to be at the Hilton Orlando.

Author:
Diane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:09:02 04/30/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Cape cod Feis

Author:
Feis mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:28:49 04/29/18 Sun

Hi, does anyone know when the prelim U13 group will dance at the cape Feis? Trying to work out Saturday and Sunday kid schedules .
Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Schools requiring kids to stay longer in grades levels...?

Author:
Beginner mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:18:43 04/29/18 Sun

Is it common for schools to have higher requirements for moving from one level to another, than the requirements listed in the feis syllabi?

For example, keeping kids at pre-beginner for a second feis, keeping them in beginner even though they have been dancing longer than a year, requiring all firsts, rather than first/second/third, to move up from advanced beginner to novice?

Replies:
Subject: Bracken Feis = Wipe out feis?

Author:
Too old to be dealing with this
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:06:27 04/29/18 Sun

I appreciate the effort and loved the double feis weekend opportunity, but honestly what is up with the stages? There were WAY too many wipe outs, much more than normal. All dancers and families make efforts and sacrifices to attend feisanna, no matter what the overall results end up being, and I don’t think it’s too much to expect that we are given a space in which we can dance our best and do so safely. Unfortunately this was not the case this weekend.

Replies:
Subject: I have to release a room at the host hotel due to my dd's injury. Before I do so, can someone tell me how to do this? I want to be prepared for when people tell me they are interested. How do I get payment from them? How do I switch reservation to another name? Thanks.

Author:
Devastated mama
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:17 04/29/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Cape Cod Feis

Author:
Dance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:34 04/29/18 Sun

For the Cape Cod Feis when they say U13 prelims will be on Saturday, do they mean just the u13 group or do they also mean u12,u11 etc... thank you

Replies:
Subject: Hotel Available at Hyatt Regency

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:58 04/29/18 Sun

Room available for Nationals at Hyatt Regency for 7/3 and 7/4.

Subject: So Disappointed in Bracken Feis today. Some prelim placements rec’d trophies, some only tiny medals. Will pay $55 elsewhere to a feis that rewards hard work!

Author:
PrelimMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:05 04/29/18 Sun

Disappointed dancer today.

Replies:
Subject: What did everybody think of what we assume was NE's first ever blackout feis? We had to miss it but found the idea really intriguing. If you went, please tell us what you thought. We've always wanted to go to one of these.

Author:
curious mom and dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:44:24 04/28/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Bracken schedule

Author:
Why?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:57:13 04/28/18 Sat

Finally got around to looking at the schedule, why wouldn't they put the little open 9/10 year olds who will take all of 20 minutes to dance at the beginning of the day? Get them done and out of there instead of hanging around until 5. Poor things! That is a serious schedule flaw.

Replies:
Subject: Catholic Church near Byfield, MA

Author:
Tt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:07 04/27/18 Fri

Are there any Catholic Churches in the area of the Bracken Feis? Not familiar with the area. Or anywhere en route to Hampton, NH - we are staying there. Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: BRACKEN FEIS: at what age do the dancers dance 2 at a time?

Author:
please and thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:50:22 04/27/18 Fri

Replies:
  • dance -- Abby (happy), 15:02:32 04/27/18 Fri
Subject: Hotel room (2 queen beds) available 6/30-7/4

Author:
MGidm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:39 04/26/18 Thu

l have a Luxurious Double Queen room available (transfer our reservation) at the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando (2 queen beds), 2 night minimum, or 4 nights in total available, 6/30 to 7/4 ($149/night) CONTACT ME ASAP
Mgaughran at gmail.com

Replies:
Subject: Besides planks should my young daughter be doing anything else to build a core thank you for input

Author:
novmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:52:36 04/26/18 Thu

Subject: Bracken Feis- there was never a response to whether comps were to start in soft shoe. As in the past, or hard. Comm can you respond? Thx

Author:
ID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:07:02 04/25/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if Horgan is having the Constitution Feis this year? It isn't on the NAFC schedule.

Author:
out of region mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:13 04/25/18 Wed

would miss it if that were the case--always a fun day

Replies:
Subject: Who are the judges for the Cape Cod feis? Cannot find on Heavy Quinn website.

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:47 04/24/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Shea-Jennings feis is open for entries on www.efeis.com for 1 more week with no late fee.

Author:
sj feis secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:57 04/23/18 Mon

The 14th Annual Shea-Jennings Feis
May 5, 2018
Cranford, NJ

Sashes & round awards for Prelim/Open
Well organized - runs on time!

Entries open on www.efeis.com
Syllabus on www.deirdreshea.com

Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Sheajenningsfeis2018/

Subject: HERITAGE Irish Dance Company 2018 Syllabus and Registration

Author:
Feis Entry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:49:26 04/22/18 Sun

The 4th Annual Heritage Irish Dance Company Feis will be opening on www.feisweb.com on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25.

Please register early as we typically reach our cap quickly.

We have a NEW, SPACIOUS, BEAUTIFUL Venue! BIRCHWOOD MANOR, 111 No. Jefferson Road, Whippany, NJ.

Conveniently located near Routes 287 and 10 and a 25 minute drive from Newark Airport. Plenty of parking in a gorgeous setting.

https://www.heritageirishdance.com/2018-feis.html

Subject: There will be no entry charge at the door for either of the Bracken feises, right? I remember paying an admission fee with the entry but we have family coming and I want to double-check.

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:38:13 04/22/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: I thought Bracken was closing their registration on the 17th in order to get an early schedule out, it looks like the reg.was closed and opened again . Does that mean no early schedule? Did I miss something?

Author:
Can't keep their changes straight
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:02 04/19/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Long shot, but does anyone have TJ/HP results for PW U8/9 from the HPK feis last weekend?

Author:
FeisMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:29:05 04/19/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know of a local retailer /dealer of Rutherford shoes?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:13:03 04/18/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Looking for the Greene OLeary feis syllabus. Is it through a company?

Author:
Link on their site not working
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:43 04/18/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Personal Training Available for Dancers in Boston Area

Author:
Certified PT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:46 04/18/18 Wed

Hello! I am an NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer and Open Champ level dancer moving to the Boston Area for grad school. I have a degree in Nutritional Sciences and Nutrition for Exercise and Sport. I work with dancers to prevent injury, improve movement mechanics, and build power and speed in ways that translate to better performance in class and onstage.

Beginning in May, I am offering one-on-one sessions and small-group training to dancers who are looking to prevent injury and reach their goals.

Cross training is hugely important for success in Irish dance, but it is vital that your workouts are effective, safe, and specific to your needs as a dancer. Meeting in person with a trainer is a great way to ensure that your program is tailored to your specific strengths and weaknesses, your questions are answered, and every move is executed with good form.

A couple quick notes -
I like to see a video from class or have my clients do a full so that I can see what their strengths and weaknesses are, but I do not ever address or practice choreography with dancers, so there are no association issues.
No gym membership is necessary - I will work with whatever tools you have available to meet your/your dancer's needs. There are some tools that I encourage dancers to purchase. They are relatively inexpensive, and I can give you a list with exactly where to buy them.
I'm willing to travel outside of Boston, as long as the time and distance are reasonable. If you're in MA but a little further out, let me know and we can decide together whether or not the logistics are feasible.

Working with athletes is my favorite part of training and I feel so strongly about helping other dancers reach their full potential. Please shoot me an email if you'd like any more info or would like to chat about options for you or your dancer. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: IDTANA Scholarship-Has anyone heard back yet?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:42 04/17/18 Tue

Subject: CUT

Author:
KILOGEAR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:48 04/17/18 Tue

Hello All!

I’d like to introduce CUT, a line of revolutionary, high performance gear that incorporates KILOGEAR’S weighted technology specifically for Irish dancers. The weights are suspended in internal pockets throughout the clothing and our high intensity compression fabrics ensure that movement is kept to a minimum. The addition of only a few pounds has a dramatic effect when distributed throughout the body and is proven to help dancers improve their strength and overall performance.

Dancers require a massive amount of speed and power to properly execute movements and Irish dancing is probably the only sport that has a culture of not training in the exact conditions as they will experience on a competition day. Dancers are required to literally weigh themselves down with a costume that can sometimes weigh up to five pounds for some of the girls, yet no one ever practices under those conditions because the costumes are too expensive and fragile to constantly wear. KILOGEAR CUT is the solution to this very real problem that effects the performance of nearly every dancer worldwide.

Dancers typically have extreme muscle imbalance due to the very nature of Irish dancing, which results in a weak core and lack of upper body strength. KILOGEAR CUT is designed to help address these issues and build the foundations of a more well-rounded athlete. As dancing has evolved to be so dynamic it’s massively important to maintain steady posture and a sense of ease in the upper body. Our weighted tops help restrict arm movement and require dancers to properly engage their back and core while dancing. The weighted leggings force dancers to move quicker and be sharper throughout the dance. 

In addition to our gear we are designing an entire exercise and fitness programme that will teach dancers how to properly use the gear and function as a form of cross training in a way that best compliments their already extremely rigorous dancing schedule.

Please check out our website at: https://kilogearcut.com

And follow us on Instagram @KILOGEARCUT for updates!

If you should have any questions email us at: Cut@KiloGear.com

Replies:
Subject: Not sure if I still have contact info email for Alan at Feisweb. Can anyone help?

Author:
Thanks.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:54:58 04/17/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Are the judges for the Father’s Day feis listed anywhere, or is it too early?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:11:33 04/17/18 Tue

Subject: Last Day to Register w/ No Late Fees - Bracken Blackout & Bracken School Feis

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:13:47 04/17/18 Tue

Reminder TODAY is the last day to register without a late fee! We are offering 2 separate feis' on the same weekend. One being our 1st ever Blackout Feis Saturday April 28 and our 3rd annual Bracken School Feis, Sunday April 29th. You can register for both on Feisweb.com ! You can find the syllabus for both days and FAQ's for our blackout feis on brackenirishdanceboston.com/ We hope to see you there!

Subject: Heading to ORLANDO? Check out the raffle opportunity from the Murray Academy Feis!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:40 04/16/18 Mon

The Murray Feis is offering a new and exciting raffle opportunity for 2018!!
The winner will receive the choice between TWO 2-Day Park Hopper tickets to either Walt Disney World OR Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. Use them while you are traveling for Nationals or A family vacation!!
Ticket Cost: $20.00
Drawing will be at the Murray Feis, May 20, 2018
Winner need not be present to win.
Don’t Wait….. ONLY 250 tickets will be sold!
All raffle proceeds to benefit non profit parent booster group Cara Rince

Subject: Any chance hansen keohane will post results anywhere, thx

Author:
sickkid
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:08:12 04/15/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: CNY Feis Update

Author:
CNY Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:29:38 04/14/18 Sat

Don’t forget to enter on Feisweb!
We are so excited that we are closing in on 1000 likes on our CNY Feis Facebook page, that we are announcing a contest. Help us get to 1000 likes on our CNY Feis FB page before feis day 4/28/18! The 1000th person to like our page will be eligible to receive a VIP parking pass and a CNY Feis shirt

Subject: The 2018 Four Provinces Feis is quickly approaching and we are looking forward to seeing you on April 29th!

Author:
McDC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:40 04/13/18 Fri

We just wanted to share a few updates:

* We have extended the closing date for entries to
Saturday April 21st.

* Sashes for all Prelim & Champ placers

* Open- Pottery for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place

* Prelim- Gift Card (with trophy exchange) for 1st, 2nd &
3rd place

* Unique awards for Art & Soda Bread competitions

* Trophies for all advance beginners prizewinner 1st-3rd
place placers. Medals for beginners.

* We are bring back the group Charity Treble Reel! 4 or
more dancers for a max of 32 bars. You can register for
this event day of the feis. All proceeds will benefit
The Nelson County Food Pantry in memory of
John S. McGrory.

* Great raffle items including LuLu Lemon backpack,
American Girl Doll, Dancer Necessity Basket, Gift Card
Wreath plus more!

* Two Magic Kingdom 1 Day Passes (no expiration/no
blackout dates)- $5/ticket. Winner does not need to be
present.

* Great vendors including Faye, Rutherford, Head for the
World, Irish Seams, Lip Sense & Klonhed.

* We are happy to be hosting Grade Exams 1-6 at our
McDade- Cara Studio on Saturday , April 28th. Please see
the School website for additional information
(www.mcdadecara.com)

Subject: Feis Tan at Home

Author:
dancer27
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:17 04/13/18 Fri

Hello,

I was looking into getting Feis Tan from Home. I was wondering what people's thoughts and reviews were on the product? Or if there is another tanning method and brand you have found better that works for you? Thank you in advance!

Replies:
Subject: Feis at the Beach Update- see inside first reply

Author:
FABcommittee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:58 04/12/18 Thu

Replies:
  • Updates -- FABcommittee, 16:43:24 04/12/18 Thu
Subject: Bracken Blackout Feis and Bracken School Feis

Author:
Bracken Parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:37 04/12/18 Thu

The registration deadline for the Bracken Blackout feis and the Bracken Feis has been moved forward to April 17th. This will allow us time to get schedules out to you as early as possible.
Two Feisanna in one weekend!
May 1st is the deadline to qualify for Nationals. If you are hoping to get your first to qualify, this is your last chance. The adjudicator panel will rotate the two day schedule between the two gyms and the auditorium.
Judges are all out of state. Please see below for list of adjudictors:
Kathy Irvine, Ont
Ellen Riordan, NJ
John Jennings, NJ
Rose Fearon, Ont
Brian Grant, Ont
Mary Bryan, Ont.
Moira McMahon, NY
Darren Maguire, AZ
Matthew Martin, NJ

Musicians:
Michael Fitzpatrick, MA
Ina O'Brien, Ont.
Pat King, Ont

You may register online at www.feisweb.com for both feisanna.
We hope to see you there.

Replies:
Subject: 10 days left to enter Shea-Jennings Feis without late fee

Author:
sj feis secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:01 04/12/18 Thu

The 14th Annual Shea-Jennings Feis
May 5, 2018
Cranford, NJ

Sashes & round awards for Prelim/Open
Well organized - runs on time!

Entries open on www.efeis.com
Syllabus on www.deirdreshea.com

Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Sheajenningsfeis2018/

Subject: Harney Pender Keady-Opinions on this school please Also do they have strong teams? Looking to move novice 6 year old & want her to be nurtured & pushed further, she's losing motivation at current school

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:20:52 04/12/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if mcinerney happening in worcester later this year, a fav of ours

Author:
Hmm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:23 04/12/18 Thu

Subject: how can i learn how ro white tape hard shoes thx

Author:
itstime
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:11 04/10/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if the woman who took photos at many eastern MAR and western NER feiseanna is still doing so? I looked for her on pinterest and couldn't find even old ones.

Author:
Loved seeing them!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:25 04/10/18 Tue

Subject: MONTREAL FEIS - SATURDAY MAY 19TH (DOUBLE FEIS WEEKEND OPPORTUNITY --> OTTAWA CAPITAL FEIS MAY 20TH)

Author:
Feis Admin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:51 04/10/18 Tue

Montreal Feis Saturday May 19th

John Abbott College, St.Anne de Bellevue, Quebec

Entries close May 7th

REGISTER at IFEIS.NET !!

OFFERING:

***SPECIAL TROPHY DANCE OFF COMPETITIONS FOR ALL GRADE LEVELS***

***GRADES/CHAMP LEVEL TREBLE REELS***

***PRELIMINARY DANCE-OFF FOR PERPETUAL TROPHY***

***JUNIOR AND SENIOR CHAMP DANCE OFF WITH PERPETUAL TROPHY***

***PARENT-CHILD COMPETITIONS***

FEATURING:

***AUDITORIUM FOR ALL CHAMPS AND SOME PRELIM COMPETITIONS***

***SASHES FOR TOP THREE CHAMP AS WELL AS PRELIM AND TROPHY SPECIAL WINNERS***

***TWO CHAMP LEVEL STAGES***

***OUTDOOR CONCERT STAGE AND PUB***

***LIVE PERFORMANCES BEGINNING AT NOON***

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: HK Feis Schedule

Author:
committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:33:18 04/10/18 Tue

The HK feis schedule is posted on our facebook page and our website www.hansenkeohane.com
Looking forward to another great feis day!

Replies:
Subject: Adult Irish Dancing Classes

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:19 04/09/18 Mon

Are there any in the Greater Boston /Quincy area? Thx!

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan Feis

Author:
Lenihan Teachers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:30 04/09/18 Mon

The Lenihan teachers would like to thank everyone who attended our feis yesterday. Thank you especially to all of you who took the time to thank a parent volunteer for their hard work or say a quick thank you to one of us. Those comments are so appreciated after all of the effort it takes to put on a feis.
Huge thank you also to all of our parent and dancer volunteers. We couldn't do this without all of you!
See you all for our fall feis on November 4!

Replies:
Subject: Anyone else buy a ID dress and have major problems... Help

Author:
qq
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:39:10 04/09/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: What is with the cutting of the dancers numbers! I have seen corners cut and length taken off each side? Is there a REASON for this??

Author:
DancingD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:23 04/08/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Bracken Black Out ??

Author:
🤔
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:57 04/08/18 Sun

I have checked the syllabus for the Bracken black out feis and can’t tell if buckles for champs are allowed or not. Anyone know?

Replies:
Subject: Murray Academy Feis hotels?

Author:
Kathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:28 04/07/18 Sat

Hi all. Traveling from western NY for the Murray Feis & trying to find local hotels but it doesn’t see there are any nearby. Can anyone make any recommendations on where to stay? Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Can a PC dancer with 2 1sts not in the same year dance as a PC in NE?

Author:
Unsure parent (Frustrated)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:38 04/05/18 Thu

There does not seem to be any clearly written rule about whether you follow your region’s rules wherever you dance or do you follow the rules of the region where you’re dancing? My child’s TC said you follow the rules of the region where you are dancing, but other TCs in the same region say otherwise. To me, it makes sense to follow the rules and the syllabus of the region where you are dancing, not your own region’s rules. But how does the question get officially answered?!?

Replies:
Subject: Worlds... Trying to understand results do all who recall get something? the results list medal holders to top 50 percent. Do the recalls go to awards? how does it work

Author:
aa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:04 03/26/18 Mon

Replies:
Archives: 12345678 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.