VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: Is it safe to say O will be canceled since in CY

Author:
Min
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:28:08 07/01/20 Wed

Will O be canceled

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: New Voy Board - An Chomhdháil Irish Dance Board - USA

Author:
mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:33 06/30/20 Tue

*** New Voy Board - An Chomhdháil Irish Dance Board - USA ***

www.voy.com/249114/

Subject: Roll Call Which schools are back in the studio or have announced a date to return to the studio this summer?

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:21:00 06/30/20 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Which NE schools are going to the new Organization? I suspected at least two. Friends usually stick together.

Author:
NH mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:44 06/27/20 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Is Harriet Heos still doing alterations?

Author:
Dancer mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:04 06/23/20 Tue

Subject: How many firsts are required in NER to move from PC to OC?

Author:
Thought it was 3 but lots moving up with just 2 and no feises since March
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:20:43 06/23/20 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Memory Lane photo archives

Author:
John & Noreen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:11:48 06/19/20 Fri

Did you dance at World Championships 2002-2014? Were you at the Highland Ball, 2002 or the Titanic Ball, 2004? Did you graduate TCRG in one of those years? Did our cameras capture the younger you with your younger family and friends? Take a stroll down Memory Lane and visit feispix.com.

Subject: There will be grade exams for 1-10 on August 29 & 30 in Watertown,Ma. There will be less than 10 dancers in each group and all social distancing/health & safety guidelines will be in place. Please email Lisa at osheachaplin@hotmail.com

Author:
Feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:21:20 06/12/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Shoes for sale

Author:
Retired dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:35:39 06/11/20 Thu

Hullachan split sole soft shoes 5.5 M -- never worn, $45

Hullachan split sole soft shoes 6.0 M -- lightly worn, good condition, $35

Fays Platinum suede soft shoe (blue liner) 6.5 M -- like new, $25

Fays Super Flexi hard shoe with white strap 6.0 -- broken in, good condition -- some wear on tip, $50

Fays Ulta Flexi hard shoe (black suede sole) 5.5 --broken in, good condition -- some wear on tip, $50

Replies:
Subject: Celtic Fyre at Busch Gardens Williamsburg VA

Author:
Virtual Irish dance show
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:15 06/09/20 Tue

https://www.facebook.com/BuschGardensVA/videos/697750337692785/

Subject: Feis the App Worth It?

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:33:42 05/30/20 Sat

Thinking about getting Feis the App but not sure which package to get. Deciding between standard and premium but not sure how much the individual songs cost. Does anyone know? My dd is an open dancer and was just wondering which would be best

Replies:
Subject: Boston Marathon,which was rescheduled to Sept is now cancelled. Fall Feising is not looking good.

Author:
A mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:25 05/28/20 Thu

Replies:
Subject: With all the feiseanna on FeisWeb from now through July canceled, we are looking at the Vermont Maple feis in August. Seeing so many Short School dancers registered made me wonder about something. I realize they could be from their one NY location, but it's very common for Short to send a bunch of kids to NE. Are Canadians allowed to come south for a dance competition? I hope they are, but seeing the school listed made me realize I don't know.

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:32:02 05/23/20 Sat

Replies:
Subject: With most states putting somewhat of an opening plan in place, has anyone received a “return to the studio” date yet??

Author:
North Shore Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:41 05/18/20 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Hey NE Irish dancers, I'm interested to know how your school is getting through the pandemic. Are you having Zoom classes? If so, how many per week? If not Zoom, what else is your school doing? I have no agenda, just curious. Please, just asking about your school's solutions, not looking for any political commentary whatsoever.

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:43 05/17/20 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Happy Mother's Day

Author:
Feis mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:23:26 05/09/20 Sat

Feels quite odd not to be spending Mother's Day on Cape Cod with all the NE feis moms like we have for the last 15 or so years. Hope this finds you all safe and healthy until we meet again.

Replies:
Subject: Will Schools survive this Pandemic? Studio rents are high and I’ve heard that some family’s are refusing to pay for zoom classes.

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:33:15 05/07/20 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Does your dancer need something to do during quarantine?

Author:
idfitness
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:05:07 05/02/20 Sat

INTRODUCING idfitness!!!

Workout courses sent straight to your inbox.
Irish dancing strength and conditioning.

Choose from 6 Courses:
- Stamina
- Posture
- Flexibility
- Leg Strength
- Core
- Technique !FREE!

Each course is only $10
Or get all 6 Courses for $40!
Simple + affordable.

Go to www.id-fitness.square.site/
Instagram: @idfiitness
E-Mail: idfiitness@gmail.com

Replies:
Subject: Where would I find NE oireachtas results, looking for 2008-2013. Thnx

Author:
dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:14:18 04/26/20 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Moving to Boston, looking for recs on adult-friendly schools

Author:
Boston-Bound
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:04 04/23/20 Thu

senior lady (mid twenties) looking to continue dancing once I move. At this point looking for adult scene but maybe open to still competing. Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: Jubilee dance tiles

Author:
Chris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:12 04/07/20 Tue

I have 6 jubilee dance tiles for sale. Located in Massachusetts

Replies:
Subject: Looking to donate irish dance recital dresses

Author:
NE dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:35 04/06/20 Mon

Hi all- posting for a friend whose daughter used to dance and they have a number of dresses used in school recitals that she would like to donate somewhere. I recall there was a school in NYC that could use donated costumes; are they still active or does anybody have any other ideas of places that could use them? Tx.

Replies:
Subject: So sorry to hear about the Sheeaun school closing.

Author:
Best of luck to all
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:06:23 04/03/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Thoughts on Nationals? I’m thinking that will be next to be canceled

Author:
Missing Dance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:17:50 04/01/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: A photographic lookback at World Championships gone by

Author:
John & Noreen FeisPix
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:35:20 04/01/20 Wed

Are you in lockdown at home just like us, without visits from family or friends? We plan to keep busy over the lonely weeks or months ahead. We are going to upload thousands of pics from world championships in previous years to our website, feispix.com. A start has been made with Worlds 2012 in Belfast with much more to come. We hope this will cheer up those at home similarly housebound by covid-19. Keep safe, keep well.

Replies:
Subject: Just took a look at feisweb- curious that the Lynn feis feis is the only feis not suspended or postponed- I wonder why not?

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:03:26 03/26/20 Thu

Replies:
Subject: So is everyone’s dance school doing virtual classes on Zoom or the like?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:31:03 03/26/20 Thu

I’m just curious to see what other local schools are doing?

Replies:
Subject: Looking for Jubilee tiles.

Author:
Dancer mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:48 03/25/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Refusal to refund $ paid for Worlds make-up. Unethical?!?!

Author:
ID Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:40:15 03/21/20 Sat

It’s is beyond shameful that Look by Danielle Guiden is not refunding dancer (parents) money for appointments that will not be used. I doubt the other very well known make-up artist with the same name would do the same AND she doesn’t require payment in advance. Saying you are out $$ for flights, hours worked to organization and so many other lame reasons is what’s wrong with people these days. These parents have spent so much more $$ than you, spent more time preparing than you and you will always be able to use your supplies or return possibly items purchased. This is what’s wrong with people these days!!!!! DO THE RIGHT THING AND BE THE CHANGE NOT THE PROBLEM

Replies:
Subject: Hello New England Irish dance community. How is everybody holding up? It's a tough time for so many. I'm thinking of you all. We'll get through this. Please keep the medical staff and first responders in your thoughts.

Author:
Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:13:14 03/20/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Would you prefer your dance classes be cancelled right now or that they go ahead with reasonable precautions (i.e. hand washing and distance between dancers)?

Author:
S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:48:35 03/13/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Worlds & Coronavirus

Author:
WorriedMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:15 03/10/20 Tue

Does anyone knowwhen/if a decision will be made to cancel or postpone Worlds this year due to the virus? My daughter is worried that we may not be allowed back into the US if we go. Any thoughts? Is anyone else worried about this?

Replies:
Subject: New School

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:23:52 03/07/20 Sat

Moving to the South Shore and would like some recommendations on dance school ( nothing too big) thank you :-)

Replies:
Subject: Worlds Hotel Available!! (in the block)

Author:
MWest
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:07:04 03/04/20 Wed

Worlds Hotel- Hilton Garden Inn now available!! “Twin Room B&B” ( which is 1 double bed and 1 single bed- sleeps 3), and breakfast included. A 6 min walk to venue, in the block. Dates are April 5-9th. Please contact mutph3736@aol.com if you can use this! Thank you!☘️

Subject: Does anyone know if a judges list for the CT Feis on April 4 or the Bracken Feis's been posted anywhere?

Author:
Just curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:04 03/04/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Hotel room Worlds

Author:
Timothy Miller
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:49:35 03/03/20 Tue

I have a double room available at the Spencer Hotel from 4/8 thru 4/13 This hotel is adjacent to the venue in a prime location. Unfortunately I am not able to use the reservation. Please contact me if interested. Tgmiller86@hotmail.com 732 647-6928. I will discount the rate great deal !!😀😀

Subject: Did something happen during the OC 18+ comp at the New England Regional Feis yesterday? I see that it stated out with 19 competitors but 3 withdrew during the comp. Were there that many injuries? I assumed bad floors were to blame but I see only one other dancer withdrew in all the other comps combined.

Author:
concened
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:15:08 03/02/20 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Does the Hansen-Keohane School still exist? Saw something in the weekend feis results that made me wonder.

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:05:03 03/02/20 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if Hanson Keohane will be having their feis on March 19?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:03:25 03/02/20 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Review of double fees weekend, for what it's worth. Clann Lir feis--extremely well organized. Results were super fast. Loved the medal round "medals" (black tape with a cute ribbon/sticker). Very useful (Reminds me of McInerney's shoe horn medals). MORE INSIDE

Author:
HTH and FWIW
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:22:39 03/01/20 Sun

Loved that they had sashes for all placers. My DD is a "sometimes" OC placer, but rarely on podium so has very few sashes. Before this weekend, only Dunleavy Boyle did all-placement sashes. We love them. Would make us return to this feis again and again. The New England regional feis was back to sashes for only top three. And regular medals. In terms of the second feis, this venue is infinitely nicer than Saugus high school (Sorry Saugus!). We danced in Breton yesterday and Ballroom A today. Loved that Breton was set up in landscape mode and Ballroom A was "portrait mode," if you get my drift. Ballroom A was seriously a fire hazard. No-one could get in or out. WAY too crowded. We loved Clann Lir's feis. Would come back in a heart beat. If it remains a double feis weekend, we will do both. But two things might prevent us from doing that: first, the food in the venue was outrageously expensive. I mean outrageously. So, unless you want to get in a car and go downtown, it's going to cost A LOT. I know that the organizers have no say over that. No critique to them. Just a comment on whether we would do two nights there. Second, I love the idea of sharing judges between two feises. Makes sense. But, two of our three judges today were repeats from yesterday. When we have done double feis weekends in other regions they have always ensured that judges don't judge the same competitions. (We are in open). I know we were not promised this, but we were slightly disappointed.

Replies:
Subject: Lace sleeved leotard

Author:
Help please!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:09:18 03/01/20 Sun

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Where can I find a mock turtleneck black leotard with lace sleeves? I can’t seem to find them anywhere. I’d be open to buying used as well.

Replies:
Subject: How is the stage in the Brenton Hall at the Leap Year Feis today?

Author:
Big enuf for 3x?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:10:39 02/29/20 Sat

Is it a raised wood stage? Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: leap year feis

Author:
confused mom from out of state
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:32 02/29/20 Sat

I flew in for the double feis weekend. The feis has very friendly volunteers and is ran smoothly. Love the stages. One question I have is about costume rules. I thought they were the same in all regions. I saw a dancer that competed today in black but was wearing white poodle socks with her costume. My understanding was this disqualified you from your competition. I dont think its fair on other dancers that abide by the rules and then not have a dancer penalized when the break the rules. I know its dance and not everyone plays by the rules but when its an obvious one it should be taken into account.

Replies:
Subject: Can some kind souls give me their time estimate for 509 at the leap year Feis? I think 9:45

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:21:59 02/27/20 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Hotel room Worlds

Author:
Timothy Miller
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:42:13 02/26/20 Wed

I have a double room available at the Spencer Hotel from 4/8 thru 4/13 This hotel is adjacent to the venue in a prime location. Unfortunately I am not able to use the reservation. Please contact me if interested. Tgmiller86@hotmail.com 732 647-6928.

Subject: I have a room available for Friday and Saturday night at the Gurney's Newport Resort and Hotel that I will no longer be using.

Author:
Email me if interested
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:42:20 02/25/20 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Is there a CLRG survey for parents? and is it still available to do?

Author:
dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:33:09 02/25/20 Tue

Subject: Is the cape code feis splinting into two.? I saw on some school’s websites that they were doing a black out on sat and regular feis sunday but I can not find it anywhere else.

Author:
Just trying to plan our spring feis schedule.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:16:33 02/25/20 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Room at feis hotel available for Friday night

Author:
Contact me if interested
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:04 02/22/20 Sat

We need the room Saturday but thought I’d see if anyone needed for Friday before I cancelled.

Replies:
Subject: Hoping to get one last feis in before World's is it happening?

Author:
Lennihan Feis, March 22
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:05:31 02/21/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Affordable practice mirrors?

Author:
Novice mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:49:57 02/19/20 Wed

My dancer would like to be able to see herself when she practices, but any big mirrors I've been able to find are pretty expensive! Does anyone have any brilliant ideas for getting cheaper ones?

Replies:
Subject: Garden State Feis: There is still a week left to enter & we are waiving all Late Fees! Please join us for a great feis on March 1st.

Author:
GSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:54:19 02/18/20 Tue

If you already paid with the late fee, we will automatically refund to your PayPal (we have the list, please allow some time for processing). Sorry for any confusion.

Subject: Suggestions for tanning at worlds?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:17:10 02/16/20 Sun

Subject: Worlds Dublin

Author:
Timothy Miller
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:52 02/13/20 Thu

I have a double room available at the Spencer Hotel from 4/8 thru 4/13 This hotel is adjacent to the venue in a prime location. Unfortunately I am not able to use the reservation. Please contact me if interested. Tgmiller86@hotmail.com 732 647-6928.

Subject: Does anyone know if lenihan is having their feis on March 22?

Author:
Getting closer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:07:40 02/08/20 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if leap year feis is adding more rooms to the block?

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:38:43 02/07/20 Fri

Looks like a great weekend - I dropped the ball on registering on time :(

Replies:
Subject: Massachusetts feisseanna in March and April?

Author:
Novice mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:11 02/07/20 Fri

Hello! Can anyone remind me what feisseanna are available in the greater Boston area (or, I guess, anywhere in MA or just over the border) in March and April? The only one listed on feisweb and on the NAFC site is the Newport one on March 1.
Thanks for any info!

Replies:
Subject: Hotel room available Worlds Dublin

Author:
Timothy Miller
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:41:46 02/06/20 Thu

I have a double room available at the Spencer Hotel from 4/8 thru 4/13 This hotel is really close just adjacent to the venue. Unfortunately I am not able to use the reservation. Please contact me if interested. Tgmiller86@hotmail.com 732 647-6928.

Subject: Newport Feis

Author:
sr dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:57 02/04/20 Tue

The Open 18+ group is one of the largest open groups. Would the feis committees be open to splitting the comps to u20 and 20+. The u8, u9, u10 all have 1-3 dancers so really don't understand why the top 5 age groups get combined for 20 dancers.

Replies:
Subject: Podiatrist recommendations in the Boston-area? Preferably one familiar with Irish dancers.

Author:
Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:09:34 02/03/20 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Thank you to Sheila Stevens & the Shamrock School! Excellent feis yesterday (as usual!) . We all had a wonderful time!

Author:
NEMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:03:58 02/03/20 Mon

Subject: Hoping someone might share info on how to reach the Feis Fayre man who is usually at most of the NE Feis's. I believe he's from NJ? I had his email and can't find it. Thank you for any help!

Author:
Looking for info
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:01:31 02/03/20 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Shamrock Schedule is up on the website

Author:
Shamrock Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:04:05 01/29/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Do we know of any grades exams taking place in the NERO OR MARO area between now and nationals?

Author:
Specifically 4-6
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:40 01/26/20 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Dose any family have a room in the block they will not be using for the Newport feis ?

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:12 01/24/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: NAFCs website does list hardly any of the feis that are usually happening during the year. I’m assuming it just hasn’t been updated. Does anyone know where I can find an up-to-date list of feis that will be going on this winter, spring, and summer?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:03:31 01/22/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Poll: Would you be more likely to sign up for a blackout or a regular feis?

Author:
Dance Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:32 01/20/20 Mon

Replies:
Subject: School closing

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:11:56 01/16/20 Thu

Our school will be closing at the end of the year, but have not closed as of yet, they have referred us to other schools and some of the students have already switched. Will the ones that changed schools while there old school is still
Open will we have to go through the 6 month waiting period to compete?

Replies:
Archives: 12345678 ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.