VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: Does anyone know who carries black dance tights ? I have found overseas sights, but am looking for a company in the US if possible.

Author:
DD in tights for the first time
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:14:04 09/16/14 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: NE Autumn Feis Entry & Schedule

Author:
NE Autumn Feis Co Chair
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:22:00 09/15/14 Mon

New England Autumn Feis is still OPEN for ENTRIES until the end of the day, Monday Sept 15, 2014.

Our Schedule is now posted on our blog:
NewEnglandAutumnFeis dot blogspot dot com

Our vendors are also listed there. We are working diligently to make sure everything goes smoothly. Fingers crossed for a lovely autumn day on Sunday :)

Replies:
Subject: OK, so what is your set for the O? I am sooooo excited for my first one.

Author:
dncrgrl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:18:32 09/15/14 Mon

Subject: Just wanted to say we loved the venue for Gray feis at the Hilton. And the feis was very well organized.

Author:
Thanks and hope feis is at same venue next year
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:37:51 09/14/14 Sun

Subject: Torrington Feis

Author:
Torrington Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:38 09/14/14 Sun

Just a friendly reminder that the Coogan School will host the Torrington Feis on Sunday October 12th in Burlington, CT. Entries will be accepted without a late fee through THIS Friday, September 19th, and are currently open on FeisWeb. The syllabus can be found at http://cooganirishdance.com/site/calendar/ and any questions can be directed to the email linked in this post. The list of judges for the feis is as follows:
Rose Kenny
Breda O'Brien
Kerry Broderick
John Cunniffe
Maureen O'Leary
Jimmy Early
Vivienne Bergin
Brian Sexton
Maureen Hamilton
Joe Seletski

We look forward to seeing you all for a fun day of feising this fall!

Subject: Autumn feis

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:54 09/14/14 Sun

Any word on vendors for the autumn feis yet? Thank you

Replies:
Subject: beautiful Elevation dress for sale, please email if interested

Author:
Maureen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:38 09/14/14 Sun

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/gorgeous-elevation-dress-for-sale/

Subject: results for prelim U15

Author:
dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:31:24 09/14/14 Sun

could someone please post results for Prelim U15 for the Gray feis

Replies:
Subject: The behavior of some parents is disgraceful. I watched two 'adults' yell, point fingers, and further make fools of themselves to a young teacher doing his job at the feis yesterday. The teacher was following the rules of the competition. The competitor was late and rules state she cannot dance. The commotion disrupted the entire room and the competition that was going on. Those parents should be ashamed of themselves and the school they are affiliated with should be as well.

Author:
Not affiliated or associated with the school in question
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:53 09/14/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Torrington feis

Author:
Idmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:24:26 09/14/14 Sun

My DD has never done the Torrington feis. Can anyone tell me what day the grade competition takes place?
Thank you!

Replies:
Subject: Western Ct Feis Results Posted

Author:
Jim M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:05:33 09/13/14 Sat

http://feisweb.com/Results?FeisKey=WCS14

Subject: Can someone share results for Open Girls U11?

Author:
from WC/Grey feis please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:31:10 09/13/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Just wanted to thank today's feis organizers for a great feis at the Stamford Hilton! Loved being in a hotel where the temperature was perfect, the sound was fantastic, great stages and quick posting of results. Everything was perfect! Thanks Gray School!

Author:
dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:19 09/13/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone have Gray feis results for OC U12 & PC U13?

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:28:42 09/13/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: What time does oldest prelim tend to dance at Southern Connecticut and Horgan Fall Feis? Neither is Feisweb so I'm hoping maybe some people have memory or the feis committee will see?

Author:
Thank you very much!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:16:47 09/12/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: My daughter is thinking about quitting and I am leaning towards just letting her.

Author:
More
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:40 09/12/14 Fri

She has been dancing for about six years and is a good dancer. She is not one of the favored kids at the school and often overlooked by her teachers. My only fear is that she will regret it because she doesn't participate in any other activities. Thoughts ?

Replies:
Subject: ELEVATION dress for sale. 725$ OBO

Author:
Thank you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:16:31 09/12/14 Fri

http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/purple-sparkling-elevation-no-serious-offer-refused/

Subject: Looking for Boys light shoes for 11 year old. Is there anywhere around that sell the black split sole jazz shoe ??

Author:
many thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:19 09/12/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Can someone tell me where everyone gets tanned for the o?

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:13:29 09/11/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: All Ireland's tanning

Author:
Concerned mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:36:29 09/11/14 Thu

Hi all!! Just a little concerned with tanning at this years all Ireland's. will there be a vendor that tans? Or is there a nearby tanning salon that people are using? Or am I better off tanning my daughter at home? Thanks!!

Replies:
Subject: MHG Halloween Feis 2014

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:19:16 09/10/14 Wed

The Mullane Healy Godley Academy of Irish Dance will be hosting the annual MHG Halloween Feis on Saturday, October 25, 2014 at the MAX McCook Athletic and Exposition Center, located upon 4750 South Vernon Avenue, McCook, IL 60525. There will be an additional charge by the Village of McCook of $5.00 for parking - there is no street parking available.

Entries are being accepted through October 10, 2014 via http://www.feisworx.com. There is a cap of 800 entries for all Beginner 1 through Open Prizewinner dancers. For Preliminary and Open Championship competitions there is a cap of 400. In preparation of the Oireachtas 2014, we will be offering an Open Set Dance competition for all Open Prizewinner dancers under 10 and above. All Preliminary and Open Championship dancers will dance all three rounds and be adjudicated by a total of nine adjudicators, the same format used by the Mid-America Oireachtas. The feis is themed and we strongly encourage all dancers to participate in Halloween costumes; the feis will commence at 8.00am with a Halloween Parade.

*NEW - We will be awarding sashes for all top five placers in all Preliminary and Open Championships;

**NEW - We will have a new podium for all top five placers in all Preliminary and Open Championships;

***NEW - New Awards for Preliminary and Open Championships;

****NEW - In preparation for the regional Oireachtasi, we will be offering an open set dance competition to all Open Prizewinner dancers from Under 10 and up.

******NEW - Awards for each round in Preliminary and Open Championships based upon the accumulated score of the three adjudicators will be awarded during the results presentation.

All treble reel competitions will be combined and held before the commencement of the Open Championships on Stages 1 through 3. All proceeds from the treble reel competition will be donated to the American Cancer Society in honor of the late Ann Richens TCRG ADCRG. There will also be a $500 cash prize for the winner of the treble reel competition.

The feis hotel will be the Doubletree Hotel, 1909 Spring Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523. Room rate is $109 per night quoting booking reference code 'IRISH DANCE'. Please call 630-472-6000 or visit http://www.mhgdance.com for further information.

ADJUDICATORS
Russell Beaton, Maryland, USA
Kerry Broderick, New Jersey, USA
Marie Casey, Cork, Ireland
Tanya Cunningham, Drogheda, Ireland
Maureen Doyle, Illinois, USA
Colleen Farrell Martin, New Jersey, USA
Rose Kenny, Massachusetts, USA
Michael Kenny, Massachusetts, USA
Kim Lancaster, Ontario, Canada
Patrick McCarthy, Texas, USA
Sarah McGing, Ohio, USA
Jackie O’Leary Fanning, Ontario Canada
Julie Showalter, Illinois, USA
Amy Siegel, New Jersey, USA

MUSICIANS
Brian Boyce, Pennsylvania, USA
Rebecca Brooke, Illinois, USA
Sean Cleland, Illinois, USA
Sandy Jones, Ohio, USA
Kathleen Greenan, Illinois, USA
Chris McLoughlin, New York, USA
Teresa Shine, Illinois, USA
Nick Shizas, Illinois, USA

Subject: Clarification on dancing solos at the Oireachtas. Can a prize winner dance solos at the Oireachtas if they have not gotten their required firsts to move up??

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:19:39 09/10/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Anyone else having a hard time printing out the Harney syllabus? When I click on the link, it shows one page but has an error message. I tried getting it from another school's link, but it did the same thing.

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:47 09/10/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: I posted a dress for sale (and paid) on dance.net. Is that a "real" site. I've tried to reach three different people to edit my ad and no response.

Author:
Frustrated
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:51 09/10/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Seniors at oireachtas

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:41 09/10/14 Wed

Anyone know which dances senior men and ladies are doing at the O this year?

Replies:
Subject: Boys Hullachan Reel Shoes

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:19:30 09/10/14 Wed

Does anyone in New England sell boys Hullachan reel shoes. Looking for that reinforced heel to avoid tears at base of heel from clicks.

Subject: Visiting from out of area and saw that Horgan School has a feis in November, but can`t locate syllabus or how to sign up. Any information appreciated :) Thanks

Author:
E Donovan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:52:21 09/09/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations Courtney Jay

Author:
Sheila & Shannon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:21:43 09/09/14 Tue

We at Shamrock School congratulate Courtny on obtaining her TCRG. Your 13 years with us & your follow up in Ireland has paid off. I recall your struggle with timing & rhythm, and your hard work & dedication to overcome those obstacles & became a beautiful Champion dancer. We at Shamrock take a bow with you on this new achievement.
To become a member of the New England Region & the North American Irish Dance teachers Association, you should get in touch with Iris Gray, her email is iris@grayschool.com. Iris will provide you with the Rules &Regulations of our organization & the required fees to become a member.

Good Luck

Replies:
Subject: looking for dance out music, that is different and upbeat for a performance in October....

Author:
any suggestions?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:07:56 09/09/14 Tue

Subject: OT - what is the closest train station to Boston College?

Author:
thanks in advance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:32:20 09/09/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: CONGRATULATIONS COURTNEY JAY!!!!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:01:33 09/09/14 Tue

New England's newest TCRG and teacher at Scoil Rince Luimni

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations Katie Fahey on passing your T.C.R.G. exam!!!

Author:
Love, The Murray Academy Family
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:00:47 09/09/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Doherty Petri Feis

Author:
Wendy and Colleen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:25:39 09/08/14 Mon

The Doherty Petri Feis is still open for grade entries only. We are not taking prelim or OC entries at this time.
If you sent in a payment please make sure your dancer is on the paid entries list. Mail in your entries quickly so your dancer is not deleted from our entries.
Any questions please email us at petrifeis@yahoo.com

Subject: Any new New England TCRG"s ? I know they met over the weekend and should have notified the candidates today?

Author:
:o)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:30:40 09/08/14 Mon

Subject: A message from QuickFeis

Author:
Bettina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:01:32 09/08/14 Mon

Hello,

I’m Bettina from QuickFeis. My partner Steve and I are very honored to have been selected to do the registration and tabulation for the New England Autumn Feis this year. We are a relatively new company that is trying to implement some new technologies and services that Feis organizer, parents and most importantly competitors will enjoy.

We are based in Detroit and worked mostly with local feises. However, a few years ago we were asked to work at the Mid America Oireachtas which went very well, and since then our reputation as a dependable and efficient tabulation company grew, and more events have asked if we could work for them too. This year we were invited to work at the North American Dance Championship which also went very well, and that is how the New England Autumn Feis organizers got to know us.

This is our first feis in the New England region and we are truly grateful to have been invited. We know using a new registration system is different and unfamiliar, and I cannot thank all the families enough who took the plunge and registered with us seamlessly.

I do not normally go on message boards because it takes a lot of time to read everything and reply to all the comments. But I do read these once in a while, and I take all your comments to heart. I’m a firm believer that criticism is the best way to learn what to improve. And I thank you for your frankness.

That said, if you have a specific issue with QuickFeis may I ask that you please send me an email at quickfeis “at” gmail “dot” com. That is the most efficient means for me to resolve your matter. I do try my best to answer all emails as quickly as possible, and for the most part, get a lot of great and kind responses – thank you!

For those of you still not happy with QuickFeis – I can only ask that you email me and allow me a chance to change your mind. I want to clearly understanding the cause of your frustration with QuickFeis, and resolve it for you if possible. I am here to try to make your registration process as easy as possible.

I look forward to meeting all of you in Pembroke and thank you again for this great opportunity!

Bettina
QuickFeis

Subject: The Southern CT State Feis syllabus is now posted at feismgr.com.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:39 09/08/14 Mon

The Feis is also now open for registration at feismgr.com. Hope to see you there!

Subject: Harney/Neponset Valley 2014 Feis syllabus posted

Author:
HIDM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:24:34 09/08/14 Mon

The 2014 Neponset Valley/Harney Feis Syllabus is posted at HarneyAcademy.com

Subject: Making plans to attend Southern CT Feis. Can anyone tell me based on last years schedule what time U16 open champs were? results at end of day? feis run on time? what time does it normally end?

Author:
Thank you - SR mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:29:54 09/07/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Trying to help a friend. She and her husband want to take set dancing classes. Due to other constraints on her time she is limited geographically to schools immediately south of Boston. She lives in Abington. Does anyone know which schools in that area offer set dancing for adults? Brady, Nevin, Haley and Dun-Shaf are probably the most conveniently located. Does anybody know if any of these schools offer this?

Author:
thanks in advance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:03:59 09/07/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Moving to Planville CT and was wondering what dance schools around are good for open level dancing?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:02:00 09/06/14 Sat

Any suggestions would be great!!!

Replies:
Subject: The Complete Irish Dance Music Collection

Author:
www.seanobrienfeismusician.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:47:08 09/06/14 Sat

THE COMPLETE IRISH DANCE MUSIC COLLECTION

Brought to you by one of the world's leading Irish Dance musicians – Sean O'Brien

Available on ITUNES now!!!

FEIS MUSIC 1: ADVANCED for Championship level dancers

FEIS MUSIC 2: STEPPING UP for dancers of all grades and levels

SET DANCES FOR IRISH DANCING: VOLUMES 1-14 contains all of the current Traditional and Own Choice set dances, as laid out by CLRG.

Get your new music in time for Oireachtas Season by following the Itunes link below:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/sean-obrien/id5449967

Subject: Quick feis?

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:36 09/06/14 Sat

Quick feis is very confusing to navigate . Is it me?
Why the higher cost? Seems like a mid- us site...

Replies:
Subject: Beautiful Gavin for sale, only $699 OBO!

Author:
Very motivated seller
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:45:52 09/06/14 Sat

Includes dress bag, 3 tiaras, black bloomers, and extra crystals. Please take and look and make an offer! I will accept any reasonable offer!

http://www.dance.net/topic/10198876/1/Dresses-Costumes/Stunning-Gavin-Doherty-Dress-only-699-OBO-Includes-many-accessories.html&replies=0

Subject: Looking for Sz 2 hard shoes

Author:
K
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:33:43 09/06/14 Sat

Looking for a pr of used hard shoes, size 2???

Replies:
Subject: Is the Harvest Time Feis happening? I can't seem to find any information.

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:49:18 09/04/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Who are the Judges for Torrington feis? Not listed on syllabus and not in their school website. Anyone know?

Author:
thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:45:46 09/04/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Harney Feis

Author:
looking
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:16:43 09/03/14 Wed

on the Harney Academy page the info for the 2013 feis is still posted. Have they not posted 2014 yet or do I sign up on line? thanks for helping me out

Replies:
Subject: Who won Prelim U13 Horgan? please

Author:
mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:29:57 09/03/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: NEO

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:54 09/03/14 Wed

Does anyone happen to have an idea of when girls U16 danced at the O last year?? Trying to make plans for hotel but don't want to book if I don't need one. Thanks in advance!

Replies:
Subject: Does Horgan send out judges comments from Constitution Feis?

Author:
first timer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:42:05 09/02/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Can someone post results for PC O18 from Horgan please?

Author:
Thanks - we couldn't attend.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:08:13 09/02/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Prelim U12 and Prelim U13 results from Horgan?

Author:
Posted anywhere?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:06:02 09/01/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Oireachtas room question

Author:
new to N.E.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:21:25 08/31/14 Sun

We just moved to this region. I haven't even tried to get an Oireachtas hotel room. We are new to our school and have no idea if our dancers will be on teams or not. I planned to just wait until all the dust settled before trying to make plans.

Is this a really bad plan?? Should I be trying to get a room now, or can I just wait for a month and figure it out when I have all the details about what we actually need.

I understand that the host hotels are, or will be sold out. It is not important that we are at a "host" hotel... just want a room that is close enough be be convenient.

oh... also... (as long as I'm here). Where do we look to see what feises are coming up? Where we use to live there were several companies that did the entries for all the local feises. Is it like that here? We would like to find at least a FEW feises before Oireachtas!

THANKS very much!

Replies:
Subject: Anyone have the results of the oldest open competition at Horgan today?

Author:
Senior lady who had to miss
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:01:43 08/30/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: how to deal with teacher

Author:
frustrated mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:21:17 08/29/14 Fri

How do you deal with a dance teacher whom everyone is afraid to confront due to fear of making your child's life miserable? This teacher has no regard or appreciation for all the things we parents do for the school, cannot respond to an email without being nasty (if she responds at all) and takes no interest in her students at feisana or major competitions?

Replies:
Archives: 12345678 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.