VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: trying to make a budget... Questions about travel to All Irelands

Author:
thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:24:03 05/27/15 Wed

When you fly to All Irelands, do you fly to Shannon or Kerry Airport, and how do you get from airport to Killarney? (renting a car is not an option for us).

I thought it was more common to fly into Shannon, but when I google public transportation from Shannon to Killarney it looks like it will take a LONG time. Any suggestions?

Traveling out of Boston. First time to All Irelands. THANK YOU!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Need 2 older dancers for a job in Roxbury for a week or two early June

Author:
Pat King ( ID musician )
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:47:01 05/27/15 Wed

If you are available please reply. We are an auction company and have an auction at a hospital in Roxbury. No lifting or physical work, just checkout of auction items. Making sure customer picks up what he/she paid for. Geternally 8 am - 4pm daily.

Subject: NAIDC

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:29:15 05/27/15 Wed

First time attending Nationals..is the schedule shown on the website the order of the day? For example July 2nd starts with boys u11, boys u8, boys u9 etc.... Will this be how the day goes? Does anyone know when the schedule with times will be posted. TIA

Replies:
Subject: what is the email address to contact Nationals organizers?

Author:
I don't see anything on their website
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:19:41 05/27/15 Wed

Subject: Who sells Hullachan Pumps on the South Shore?

Author:
DD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:29:55 05/27/15 Wed

Thank you...

Subject: In the courtyard for North Americans. Is it easy to cross to the venue?

Author:
Places to eat? How's parking?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:07:00 05/27/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Feistan At Home! Feistan will be taking orders for our new home tanner at the Tri State Inaugural Feis

Author:
The Tan Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:50:23 05/26/15 Tue

Now you can get the same great Feistan color at home. Feistan at Home is different from the self tanners that you're used to using.

1. You control the darkness
(Regular dark for a weekend feis, super dark for a major or anywhere in between)

2. Achieve the color you want in a single day application.
(The days of starting to tan on Tuesday for a weekend feis are over)

Replies:
Subject: Going out on a limb here...looking for a room in the block July 3 -5th.

Author:
Hopeful
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:08 05/26/15 Tue

Subject: FeisWorx ? any one know how to get a hold of them ?

Author:
JOHN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:59:19 05/26/15 Tue

I have been writing weekly since beginning of April about our school changing names... Teachers as well have written to him .. at info@feisworx.com ? does any one know of another way ??
Thank you

Subject: Anyone heard of the velvet castle dm..feedback..I liked her page of facebook and she seems to have some good deals..

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:07 05/26/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Trying to plan...can anyone offer insight on how late in the day Hartford or BIFF tend to run? Neither use FeisWeb

Author:
TIA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:43:45 05/25/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Registering for new haven on feisworx..anyway to see number of competitors?!

Author:
Jigger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:37 05/25/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Hartford Feis - I see it is closed. Does anyone know if they are taking late entries?

Author:
Do I just mail in the check with what dances we are registering for?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:22 05/25/15 Mon

Never did a late on a mail in before.

Replies:
Subject: Mcgough schedule posted on website

Author:
Jigger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:00:13 05/25/15 Mon

Subject: ISO DREAM DUFFEL BAG

Author:
mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:21:13 05/25/15 Mon

ISO dream duffel bag small I live in CT

Thanks

Subject: Beautiful Siopa Rince dress made for their own dancer. Worn by U16 stunning in unique colour drenched in diamonds

Author:
Dmum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:40:57 05/24/15 Sun

http://www.donedeal.co.uk/costumes-for-sale/siopa-rince-irish-dancing-costume-only-7-months-ol/9468009

Subject: Murray Academy Feis May 31, 2015

Author:
The Murray Academy, Exeter, NH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:20:14 05/23/15 Sat

The 4th Annual Murray Academy Feis is next Sunday, May 31 and we look forward to welcoming our friends from New England and beyond! This one promises to be our biggest and best yet! Here is the latest news:

• VENUE CHANGE: The feis will now be held at the Cooperative Middle School in Stratham, NH, 100 Academic Way, Stratham, NH 03885. We were informed just recently that the original venue had been mistakenly over-booked and that a 3-day dance competition was taking precedence over us…really?! That’s okay, though, as we’ve now arranged for this new location that is as close or even closer for most competitors. We are very excited to have the feis here! A facility map will be posted on our website.

• SCHEDULE: The schedule is finalized and has been posted to our website, www.murrayacademyfeis.com. Please note that we hope to begin promptly at 8:00 in order to end as early as possible in the afternoon. Dancers should be ready 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time.

• UPDATES AND FREE DRAWINGS: Updates this coming week leading up to the feis, such as the breakfast and lunch menu, will be posted on our website, Facebook page (Murray Academy Feis) and Twitter (@MurrayFeis). Be sure to follow closely as we will be announcing the winner of our free drawings. Starting Monday, we will be drawing the name of a competitor each day this week who will receive a reserved and personalized parking space at the feis, closest to the building!

• ADJUDICATOR REPLACEMENT: We would like to welcome Kerry Broderick from New York, who will be replacing Byron Tuttle, who is not available to join us this weekend."

• Our medals, trophies and sashes have arrived, and our Murray Moose are here, anxiously waiting to be adopted! We look forward to seeing our feis friends, old and new…thanks to all our registrants for choosing to attend the Murray Academy Feis this spring!

Replies:
Subject: Tri-State Inaugural Feis

Author:
Wendy and Colleen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:29:43 05/21/15 Thu

Stage schedule and layout of the school is on our school website... please go to http://www.petrischool.com/ and click on the links. Please email us at petrifeis@yahoo.com if you have any questions. See you at the feis!

Subject: BEAUTIFUL WHITE & RED DRESS FOR SALE

Author:
Kaleigh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:51 05/21/15 Thu

Only worn twice, this dress was made by Jean Olsson for the 2014 Nationals. It comes with extra fabric and gems. Absolutely striking on stage.

Total length top of shoulder to bottom of skirt - 31.5
middle top of dress to bottom of skirt - 31
total length from top of zipper to bottom of skirt in back - 35.25
middle top of skirt to bottom of skirt - 8.5
sleeve length - 23

any other questions please email me
$1500

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=bbi8MiGk22ODdYN6GdRf94h4l5k2TGxc#.VV5qrJNViko

Subject: Greene O'Leary Feis

Author:
Liz Johnson (wondering)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:43 05/21/15 Thu

Any idea of when PW U12 will dance? Have to make plans ASAP if we need a hotel. Group size while you're checking? First time at this feis. Looking forward to it! Thanks!!

Replies:
Subject: Buying a dress

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:14 05/21/15 Thu

Oh boy! When buying a Gavin dress, does he use the Euro, Pound or GBP? When you try to convert the US dollar to either of these the dollar value is very different. Help?

Replies:
Subject: 42 days until Providence! Feistan will be open from 7am to midnight every day. Secure your spray tan time slot today.

Author:
The Tan Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:16 05/20/15 Wed

www.Feistan.com for appointments and more information.

Subject: Vendors

Author:
The Murray Academy Feis 2015
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:08:10 05/20/15 Wed

Bling Brilliance
Feis Fayre
POP Culture
Head for the World
Devlin Dance Shoes

Subject: BIFF (6/13 feis in Canton) registration is still open with NO LATE FEE until June 1. We are still welcoming entries at all levels for the feis and encouraging all to join in the festivities organized by the Irish Cultural Center.

Author:
BIFF parent volunteer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:23:31 05/20/15 Wed

Subject: Started rising frequently and it didn't take long for us to grow out of our little dance bag...I see people with those zuca bags...is that the way to go...room for everything (and a mini bar haha)...feedback please

Author:
Novicemok
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:36:25 05/20/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Is there a list of vendors available for the Murray Feis? If someone from the feis committee would respond, that would be great!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:40:28 05/20/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Has Boston Irish festival feis hit there cap? Or is it still open

Author:
Looking to enter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:56:10 05/19/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: dress for sale

Author:
D Stewart
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:51:28 05/19/15 Tue

Pretty pink solo dress for sale. In the Boston area. Would fit your average 9 - 10 year old.
http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/adorable-pink-dress-for-sale/

Subject: Lovely light blue Sparkly dress for sale!!!

Author:
Katie Shaughnessy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:13:13 05/19/15 Tue

http://www.emeraldkeyonline.com/product_p/7493.htm
Hello!
I have a lovely light blue Emerald Key dress for sale in the Western Region, just in time for the Nationals! The dress is adorned with over 700 dollars worth of Swarovski crystals which makes it absolutely stunning on stage! It is in great shape. I have only worn it around 4 times. The tiara is included. Please let me know if you would like any more details, pictures, or measurements. Looking forward to hearing from you! :)

Chest-33.5
Natural waist-28
Drop waist-35
Shoulder to hem of sleeve-22.5
Full length from neck to hem-27.5
(These measurements are my measurements that the dress was made off of.)

I was not able to post many of the pictures I was attempting to, so please contact me for more…I have plenty! :)

Replies:
Subject: New "Worldwide Irish Dance" Voy Board...

Author:
mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:43:15 05/19/15 Tue

A new voy board for worldwide discussion of Irish dance has been created by someone. Just trying to spread the word...
http://www.voy.com/244150/

Replies:
Subject: FEIS FAB AT NATIONALS and discount packages available

Author:
FEIS FAB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:58:38 05/19/15 Tue

Feis Fab is now using a new product for tanning.. "dancing with the stars" by norvell. Discount packages available for Nationals.. Book now www.feisfab.com

Replies:
Subject: FeisWorx ? any one know how to get a hold of them ?

Author:
DD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:19:12 05/18/15 Mon

Have sent a number of e mails along with our teachers. Asking that they add our school to there list ??
Any help ??

Replies:
Subject: Are there any sndm here in New England people use...thinking of having dress made but here the horror stories of the bndm.would like to support a local (New England) dm...

Author:
Jigger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:41:59 05/18/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Is there a map that shows all feiseanna in the region? Looking for some in the western part of MA (west of springfield).

Author:
Familiar with CT but not MA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:41:00 05/18/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: NEW ST. LOUIS FEIS OPENING SOON!

Author:
Meghan Torno, ADCRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:24:25 05/18/15 Mon

The Show Me State Feis will soon be open for registration at Quickfeis.com. This feis, which will be Sun, Sept 27 at the St. Louis Frontenac Hilton, will be back-to-back with the St. Louis Fall Feis. The Show Me State Feis will offer loads of specials throughout the day for every level! So mark your calendars for the weekend of September 26-27 in St. Louis for this wonderful double decker feis!! Last weekend to qualify for the Oireachtas too!

Subject: CONGRATULATIONS TARA LYNCH OF SCOIL RINCE LUIMNI!!!

Author:
SRL FAN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:38 05/17/15 Sun

AT PUTNAM FEIS

Subject: Murray Feis schedule

Author:
irishdancemom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:02:34 05/17/15 Sun

Anyone remember if Murray Feis schedules prelim from youngest to oldest? Signed up not realizing I had an afternoon commitment, argh!!!

Replies:
Subject: Feel like such a dork, but I can not find the syllabus for Oshea-Chaplin feis

Author:
Help?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:42:51 05/17/15 Sun

Their website says it is on their Facebook, but I can't find it there either.
Thanks for any help.
Yes, I know I can email the school...which is what I will do if no one has an easy answer for me.

Replies:
Subject: Regarding the Boston Irish Festival Feis, does anyone know how the gate fees work? If you prepay the $10 per adult, do you still then pay the $15 per adult fee at the door? I have emailed the committee, but not heard back yet.

Author:
Thanks, new to this feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:32 05/16/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Thinking of doing the Greater Boston Teachers Feis @ Lantana. For those who have attended a Feis there recently, how are the floors?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:51 05/16/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: www.tinajordanrees.com

Author:
Irish Dance Music
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:13:51 05/16/15 Sat

Féistastic & Féistastic 2 Irish Dance CDs by Tina Jordan Rees

Available from: www.tinajordanrees.com
And also iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/tina-jordan-rees/id639827249

Custom music tracks also available. Further details on the website: http://tinajordanrees.com/custom-music/

Subject: Now that summer feising is upon us--and the possibility of rain and heat at outdoor locales, we are looking into a simple black skater dress for our grades dancer. Aside from adding some color at the waist, what have others done to jazz this look up a bit for a 15+ dancer? Is there a pattern for a simple cape?

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:00:37 05/15/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Does anybody know when the Prelim U13 danced last year at Green Oleary feis. Trying to see if I have to get morning off work

Author:
Boston Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:49:24 05/14/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: New Haven Feis

Author:
Chairman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:02:29 05/14/15 Thu

The 50th Annual New Haven Feis will be held on June 28th on the North Haven Fair Grounds! Entries are being done by Feisworx.
Join us for this historic event!

Subject: Moving schools

Author:
-_-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:18 05/13/15 Wed

Moving towns and looking for a new dance school! Moving to the Hingham-Weymouth area and need a school soon before the O deadline

Replies:
Subject: Dongan Feis Open For Entries

Author:
Dongan Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:06:33 05/13/15 Wed

The Gov. Thomas Dongan Feis (July 18) is open for entries on Feisweb! Syllabus and hotel details posted to website. Unpaid entries will be deleted after 2 weeks!

http://www.feisweb.com
http://www.donganfeis.org

Replies:
Subject: Coming up for Greater Boston on June 21....

Author:
MommaMix
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:11 05/13/15 Wed

from the Southern region. This will be my daughter's first time feising out of region, anything I should be aware of before hand? How do the stages normally run for this feis? Anything I should know about the venue? Parking? Any costume rules I should be aware of? Make up/hair etc? The syllabus is really small compared to what I have seen from feising in the South.... We'll be visiting family in CT then driving up that morning for the feis so we wont be worried about a hotel. She will be dancing U12 Novice and Prizewinner. Thanks in advance!

Replies:
Subject: Shame on you who feel the need to gossip and point at the dancers of a school having issues! Act like the mature adults you're supposed to be. What awful role models for your children to take your issues out on kids!

Author:
angry mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:32 05/13/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: NON-Block room available walking distance to venue July 1-7 2 Queen

Author:
Change of plans
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:47:54 05/13/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: If a dancer qualifies for Worlds at Nationals, am I correct in thinking they can't compete at Worlds if they transfer schools after Nationals due to the fact that they must dance at their Oireachtas? Thanks

Author:
NE Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:46:17 05/12/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Say Yes to the Dress:

Author:
Tri State Feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:51:53 05/12/15 Tue

We will be having a monitored dress room at the Tri State Feis. $10 for up to 2 dresses. We will also have a small selection of special occasion dresses for those of you who may be looking for a bargain on a sweet 16 or prom dress. Dress form on the Doherty Petri Website under syllabus. Please print and complete form before arriving to the feis. Looking forward to seeing you at the feis.

Subject: Greene O'Leary Feis do they split U10 Novice or is it one big group? Wondering on the sizes ... Love this Feis Traditional!

Author:
ddd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:00:41 05/12/15 Tue

dd

Replies:
Subject: The Murray Academy Feis has reached its cap and is no longer accepting registrations. Thank you everyone who has signed up and we look forward to seeing you on the 31st!

Author:
Murray Academy Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:50:05 05/12/15 Tue

Subject: Thank you Murray mom!

Author:
Haley mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:39:23 05/12/15 Tue

Thank you to the Murray mom who grabbed my phone and got a great picture of me and my daughter after her first prelim win at the Mother's Day feis! It was such a great moment for us and amidst all of the chaos, you captured the moment! Thank you so much!

Replies:
Subject: Missing marks?

Author:
AG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:31:04 05/12/15 Tue

Hi, I did not receive one of my dancers marks from the Cape Cod feis. All the others came in through feis web, but one was missing? There was a judge change between dances so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Any recommendations? I did send a message to the email on the feis syllabus.

Replies:
Subject: Hi I am looking for a room as close to the NAN's venue as possible, if anyone has a room please could you email me and I would be happy to take over the booking the dates I require are 1-6th July

Author:
Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:34:44 05/11/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Does Hartford feis ever split Opens 16+?

Author:
wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:51:40 05/10/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Cape Feis was terrific this weekend! Thanks for all of the schools and teachers who made it happen. What a terrific weekend!

Author:
DanceFamily
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:59 05/10/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: While I understand that there is teacher discretion for letting the youngest dancers do the Oireachtas and NANS, is there teacher discretion in skipping grades levels?

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:17:33 05/10/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Room for NANs June 30-july2

Author:
Ann@dancingoneire.net
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:59:34 05/10/15 Sun

Looking for a room for Nan's if anyone is getting rid of a few nights.

Replies:
Subject: Any results from today?

Author:
Cape Cod Feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:34 05/10/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Buy new tee shirts, warm ups, school dresses???? Yikes

Author:
Now all pka dancers have to :
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:19:01 05/08/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Have any ideas of how to stop cheating TCs and Judges? Please share!

Author:
DD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:03:08 05/07/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: New Music

Author:
Stephen Walker & Louise Ryan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:10:40 05/06/15 Wed

Hi all,

If you’re looking for new music check out our website irishdancemusic.ie
Downloads available from 99c including all the Set dances, Ceili Tunes and our brand new album, ‘Irish Dance Music – Volume 1’ released today!!!

Replies:
Archives: 12345678 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.