VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: Who had Fusion Fighters in their studio? Looks so great on social media. Wondering why only certain schools were involved.

Author:
Boston mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:25 12/13/18 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: The all new BLACKOUT Murray Academy Winter feis has almost reached its cap. Have you registered? Head over to feisweb and sign up so you don't miss out! www.feisweb.com

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:56:44 12/12/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Rose & Shamrock Feis and Festival

Author:
Rose & Shamrock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:30:17 12/12/18 Wed

Make sure you don't miss the Rose & Shamrock Feis and festival in historic downtown Lancaster, PA February 15-17th, 2019 (feis date of 2/16). Our FREE three day festival offers our feis in addition to live bands, a bag piping competition, cultural workshops, Celtic vendors and food and more. Register on Feisweb today!

Subject: Do many NE schools require a new dress when you come off ban? Thinking about switching but just got a new dress for O

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:43 12/12/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Lost necklace at Saugus,MA feis

Author:
Liz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:16 12/12/18 Wed

My daughter lost her cross (silver, gold, and copper on a silver chain) at the Saugus feis. She arrived around 12:30 for a 2 pm Prize winner O15 and left around 3:45. Our things were by the gym, closest to Stage 5 and the vendors, across from the women's bathroom. She thinks it may have fallen out of her pocket near the bathroom. Please contact me if found. It was a gift from her grandmother.

Subject: Mandated Adjudicators Worlds 2019 Andrea Field Brian Corrigan Caroline Greene Charmaine May Christine Forde David Moore Ellen Riordan Ross Gráinne Feely Majella McEntegart Maureen Boland Michelle Lawrence Patricia O'Connor…

Author:
Mandated Worlds judges per CLRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:46:22 12/12/18 Wed

Subject: Most eye-catching colours on young dancer (7 year old)

Author:
New tobopen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:12:49 12/11/18 Tue

My 7 year old will be getting her first new solo costume in the new year. She wants an awesome new look & we can't decide on colors. Pretty much anything suits her. Just pondering on which colours really stand out on stage & we can take it from there, tks

Replies:
Subject: Any New England schools out this year for Worlds because of judging?

Author:
watching and waiting
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:17:34 12/11/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Seeking double room at Sheraton Greensboro 4/12-4/16

Author:
Ms
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:38:20 12/11/18 Tue

If anyone is no longer needing their room and is looking to transfer please contact at the email provided

Subject: Bracken Feis Weekend

Author:
BrackenFeis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:44:21 12/11/18 Tue

Save the Date! The Bracken School of Irish Dance is pleased to announce our Feis Weekend dates for 2019.

Saturday April 27, 2019 will be our 2nd Annual Blackout Feis
Sunday April 28, 2019 will be our 4th Annual School Feis.

Both will be held at Triton Regional High School in Byfield, MA, these are two separate feis each with their own registration.

We hope to see you there, and will update with registration information in the beginning of the year.
Happy Holidays!

Subject: Thank you to the O’Shea Chaplin School

Author:
dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:10:16 12/10/18 Mon

For Running another fantastic Feis! Comps started early, results were lightning fast and the volunteers were so pleasant. The auditorium was so pretty with the Christmas lights and trees too.

Subject: Looking for a room at The Brehon for the AI, Feb 18-22. Anyone?

Author:
Interested
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:38:00 12/09/18 Sun

Subject: Looking for a twin or double room at The Brehon 2/16-2/21

Author:
Kathleen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:02:05 12/07/18 Fri

Email me at kjscala@gmail.com Thank you!

Subject: AI judges out!! Any idea when Worlds or NAN’s judges will be announced?

Author:
KL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:29:53 12/04/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: OSC Grade Exams and Christmas feis: If anyone has any question regarding either please don't hesitate to email Lisa Chaplin at osheachaplin@hotmail.com. Thank you

Author:
feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:54:15 12/03/18 Mon

Subject: Grade Exam Schedule?

Author:
Irish Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:33:17 12/02/18 Sun

Hello! New to exams - my daughter is taking 1,2 and 3 through O'Shea Chaplin in January. Anyone know if she'd be there both days or would it be more common for schools to break up the times? Example - maybe 1-7 on Saturday and 8-12 on Sunday. Thanks for any insight!

Replies:
Subject: Results being posted anywhere today please thx

Author:
Sickkid
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:24:47 12/02/18 Sun

Subject: Anyone by chance selling any jubilee tiles? 😊

Author:
dancemom13
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:49 12/01/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Feis December 9th

Author:
Jane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:26 12/01/18 Sat

Hi there,

Looking st schedule for feis next weekend and wondering if I’m just having a moment ( which I hope). But I don’t see competition #207 listed on schedule. It’s boys and girls under 14 prelim. But I don’t see it anywhere. Please tell me I just missed it somewhere on there.

Thanks

Replies:
Subject: I accidentally booked 2 rooms for Worlds. Have a week reserved at the Holiday Inn Coliseum, right across from the venue

Author:
Please email if interested.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:47:46 11/30/18 Fri

Subject: Christmas music

Author:
dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:06 11/27/18 Tue

I am looking for ideas for Christmas music to irish dance to, extra points for a slow hornpipe. I know Ellery Klein has a christmas medley, but i am
looking for
something more upbeat. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Mid-Atlantic/NE Grade exams? I know about O'Shea Chaplin in January and DBBA in June, but are there any in between those two periods? Trying to get them done as quickly as possible.

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:43 11/26/18 Mon

Sorry if this question has been asked before!

Replies:
Subject: Looking for recommendations. I am a grad student based outside Boston coming from out of region. I want to start taking classes again after having a break...can anyone recommend schools that are friendly to college students/or senior lady (wow!) transfers? There are so many choices in MA that I don't know where to start! Any help is very much appreciated!

Author:
A Non-New Englander :-)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:59 11/23/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Costume switch?

Author:
ID mom CT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:00 11/23/18 Fri

Thinking of using different dress designer, anyone have experience with ID costume design? Recommend or not and why? Are their prices same as others or higher?

Replies:
Subject: Happy Thanksgiving, board readers. As some of you guessed correctly, there was another crazy post from the UK stalker. Every time he posts I block his IP but that only seems to keep him away for a short time.

Author:
mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:05:18 11/22/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: New blackout feis alert! The Murray Winter Feis on January 20th. Blackout and no wigs!! Second chance for prelims too! Sign up today on feisweb.

Author:
Blackout feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:20 11/21/18 Wed

Subject: New Irish Dance novel published

Author:
Christie Sever (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:14 11/21/18 Wed

I'm excited to tell you that I just published "Sound the Warning." This is an historical fiction book about the Penal Laws during the 18th century in Ireland. The target audience is 8-14 year olds, but older kids like it too. I don't know about you, but in all my history courses here in the USA, I never even heard of the Penal Laws. It wasn't until my daughter became an Irish dancer that I learned about them. I thought that today's children need to hear about this historical period so I did something about it! My characters are USA twins(one of whom is an Irish dancer) who time travel to Ireland and have all sorts of adventures there, so it's a fun read for children. They come away from the book having learned a lot of Irish culture and history. If interested, the book just went live on Amazon.com. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Warning-Children-World-Book-ebook/dp/B07JPLQRS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542198224&sr=8-1&keywords=books+christie+sever

Subject: What is the name of the photographer that took official stage pics? Thx

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:35 11/20/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Cozy Airbnb unit In Greensboro for 2019 World Championships- great value!!

Author:
Anne (Shoemaker)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:49 11/20/18 Tue

Come & stay in our clean, modern, private and recently updated Airbnb while you are in Greensboro in April 2019. We want our place to be your home away from home while you are competing. Price per night is less than $100 US! Check out our reviews via the link below. Message me with questions or to book.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/28009822?s=51

Replies:
Subject: January Feis

Author:
Dani
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:18 11/20/18 Tue

Does anyone know the date (and school) of the new feis in Manchester NH this year? Trying to plan ahead. TIA!

Replies:
Subject: LOST in Hartford - Small black, gold and green velvet cape for solo dress - please let me know if you found it!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:23:52 11/20/18 Tue

Subject: Viewed my daughters set on dance bug. It appears blurry and not clear. Anyone else have similar experience?

Author:
dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:02:09 11/20/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: I like Hartford!! Providence convention center so crowded. Considering you spend most of your time in the ballrooms I will take the space.

Author:
Call me Crazy!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:52:37 11/19/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Marks for teams? Will these be posted online?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:06 11/19/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Shout out to the boys and men who danced today- with music sets too fast , too slow, or impossible to hear you all did brilliantly!

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:44:23 11/17/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Oh Providence, how I miss you!!!!!

Author:
No comparison
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:02:07 11/16/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: The December 9th Christmas Feis is open on www.feisweb.com....Get your entries in before the Oireachtats:) One last thing to worry about! Looking forward to seeing everyone. Thank you!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:11:15 11/14/18 Wed

Subject: How do I remove crystals from old Gray poodle socks thx

Author:
Saver
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:06 11/12/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: The Realt na Nollag feis closes in 6 days but

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:09:32 11/12/18 Mon

no list of judges? Does anyone know? I know it’s busy Oireachtas season, but would like to know before registering.

Replies:
  • Judges -- Mom, 13:30:30 11/20/18 Tue
Subject: Looking for dress rental for this weekend or future

Author:
MA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:01:52 11/11/18 Sun

Bust 38/40
Hips 44
Unsure of length but willing to see what’s out there!

Even if not available for the NE oireachtas please reach out! May be interested for a future need. Thank you!!!

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know who the judges are for Realt na Nollag feis?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:41:06 11/10/18 Sat

I want to register but can’t find the list of adjudicators.

Replies:
Subject: looking for a teacher!!

Author:
tewksburystudio
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:07 11/10/18 Sat

looking for a irish dance teacher at a dance studio in tewksbury, ma on tuesday evenings. kids age 3-15. does NOT have to be a certified TCRG! email smolloy724@gmail.com for more details.

Subject: Anyone know places to buy Swarovski in Connecticut /Rhode Island or Springfield area?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:23:09 11/09/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: As a parent of a male dancer in New England, I am extremely upset that the boys are not being permitted to dance on the main stages at the Oireachtas. This is a qualifying event for the hard working dancers and they are not awarded the same opportunities as others trying to qualify. Advanced beginner, Novice and Prizewinner dancers that are not competing in a championship are permitted to dance on the main stage. This is clearly money grab for the organizers.

Author:
NE boy mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:28:38 11/09/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Who in NYC sells crystals to replace some missing ones on dress? I don’t want to order. I want to go to an actual store.

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:24:52 11/08/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Southern CT State Feis

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:12:13 11/07/18 Wed

The Lenihan teachers would like to thank everyone for attending the Southern CT State Feis on Sunday. Many of you attend our feis every year and we are very grateful to have you back each time. To the first timers, thank you for coming and hope to see you again!
We also want to thank our tireless volunteers. Dancers, moms, dads, and siblings, we could not possibly run a successful feis without them!
Thanks again and see you in the spring!

Replies:
Subject: Dancer recalls and places at Nationals but doing trad set at NEO

Author:
Confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:03:09 11/05/18 Mon

Can someone explain how a dancer goes to nationals and places but is dancing Tset at NEO??

Replies:
Subject: Room Available - Marriott - King Size Bed

Author:
MP
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:48 11/05/18 Mon

I have a room available at the Marriott - King Size Bed -
2 Nights November 16th and 17th - send me your email and I will contact you.

Replies:
Subject: We're still kind of newbies, but having been to both Lenihan feiseanna this year, I wanted to say thanks to the organizers and volunteers for a well-run feis

Author:
AB dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:26:41 11/05/18 Mon

It's always such a packed feis but it still runs so smoothly. I love the centralized announcements in the gym and the amazing stage hands and other volunteers. Everyone was so kind despite it being a long day with so many people to deal with. Also like the rotating judges in the gym. Thank you for giving our kids the opportunity to compete right before Oireachtas!

Replies:
Subject: What just happened? Someone injured at the feis today?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:39:18 11/04/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Dress for sale-

Author:
M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:10 11/03/18 Sat

Beautiful Taylor of Belfast orange and black solo dress. Its listed at feisdresses.com Its made for a slim teen and is listed in the 13-15 year old category. I live in the New England area if you need a dress before Oireachtas. It 550.00 OBO

Subject: Dance Floor for Sale!

Author:
CT Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:29:47 11/03/18 Sat

8 X 12 dance floor for sale, consisting of interlocking numbered wooden squares. 2 rolls of shower pan liner included. Excellent condition. Located in western CT. Please contact for more information. Thank you!!

Replies:
Subject: Has anyone done the schedule for the Aux Gym at the Lenihan Feis?

Author:
help!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:09:48 11/01/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Is the printable version of the Lenihan schedule up on their website? I can’t seem to find it

Author:
S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:29:11 11/01/18 Thu

Subject: Lenihan Feis - will there be a Dress room to hang dresses for sale?

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:44 10/31/18 Wed

Subject: New to Prelim - can someone help with what 'run concurrently' means? Thank you!!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:54 10/30/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Southern CT State Feis Schedule

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:39:28 10/30/18 Tue

Schedule inside the first reply. A few notes- we have combined quite a few competitions. Any competitions with a "/" between them have been combined.
A few of the earlier championship competitions will dance soft shoe first. This is because several dancers in each of those competitions are dancing a figure first, so they will already be in soft shoe.
Competitions up to and including u14 in the Main Gym and Auxiliary Gym will dance 3 at a time.
Our schedule for the contemporary sets in the foyer is a little different this year. We will start that stage right at 8:30 and your set competition may come up before your preliminary competition.

Looking forward to a great day on Sunday!

Replies:
Subject: Hagen-Kavanagh Feis

Author:
Tara Kavanagh Ryan, TCRG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:39:02 10/26/18 Fri

Hello to our New England Friends!

The Hagen Kavanagh feis has waived its late fee and we would love to welcome you to beautiful Long Beach, NY on Saturday, November 3. We have waived our late fee and will accept entries until Tuesday.

Our feis offers 4 hand, contemporary set, and traditional set competitions and we have a wonderful panel of adjudicators and musicians from near and far.

If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

Replies:
Subject: Ridiculous

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:29:25 10/23/18 Tue

I think Voy should change it’s name to the bash board... do you think the Odwyer school intentionally wanted this to happen?? It was their very First Feis and obviously have some things to work out.. it was nice to see a different style Feis rather than being crammed in a highschool Gymnasium with bumpy slippery floor taped right over the gym floor.. look at some of the positives and give them a chance to work on the negatives...

Replies:
Archives: 12345678 ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.