VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: So Disappointed in Bracken Feis today. Some prelim placements rec’d trophies, some only tiny medals. Will pay $55 elsewhere to a feis that rewards hard work!

Author:
PrelimMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:05 04/29/18 Sun

Disappointed dancer today.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Cape Cod Feis

Author:
Dance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:34 04/29/18 Sun

For the Cape Cod Feis when they say U13 prelims will be on Saturday, do they mean just the u13 group or do they also mean u12,u11 etc... thank you

Replies:
Subject: Hotel Available at Hyatt Regency

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:58 04/29/18 Sun

Room available for Nationals at Hyatt Regency for 7/3 and 7/4.

Subject: Catholic Church near Byfield, MA

Author:
Tt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:07 04/27/18 Fri

Are there any Catholic Churches in the area of the Bracken Feis? Not familiar with the area. Or anywhere en route to Hampton, NH - we are staying there. Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: BRACKEN FEIS: at what age do the dancers dance 2 at a time?

Author:
please and thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:50:22 04/27/18 Fri

Replies:
  • dance -- Abby (happy), 15:02:32 04/27/18 Fri
Subject: Besides planks should my young daughter be doing anything else to build a core thank you for input

Author:
novmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:52:36 04/26/18 Thu

Subject: Bracken Feis- there was never a response to whether comps were to start in soft shoe. As in the past, or hard. Comm can you respond? Thx

Author:
ID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:07:02 04/25/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know if Horgan is having the Constitution Feis this year? It isn't on the NAFC schedule.

Author:
out of region mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:25:13 04/25/18 Wed

would miss it if that were the case--always a fun day

Replies:
Subject: Who are the judges for the Cape Cod feis? Cannot find on Heavy Quinn website.

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:13:47 04/24/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: I thought Bracken was closing their registration on the 17th in order to get an early schedule out, it looks like the reg.was closed and opened again . Does that mean no early schedule? Did I miss something?

Author:
Can't keep their changes straight
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:02 04/19/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Shea-Jennings feis is open for entries on www.efeis.com for 1 more week with no late fee.

Author:
sj feis secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:57 04/23/18 Mon

The 14th Annual Shea-Jennings Feis
May 5, 2018
Cranford, NJ

Sashes & round awards for Prelim/Open
Well organized - runs on time!

Entries open on www.efeis.com
Syllabus on www.deirdreshea.com

Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Sheajenningsfeis2018/

Subject: Does anyone know of a local retailer /dealer of Rutherford shoes?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:13:03 04/18/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: There will be no entry charge at the door for either of the Bracken feises, right? I remember paying an admission fee with the entry but we have family coming and I want to double-check.

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:38:13 04/22/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: HERITAGE Irish Dance Company 2018 Syllabus and Registration

Author:
Feis Entry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:49:26 04/22/18 Sun

The 4th Annual Heritage Irish Dance Company Feis will be opening on www.feisweb.com on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25.

Please register early as we typically reach our cap quickly.

We have a NEW, SPACIOUS, BEAUTIFUL Venue! BIRCHWOOD MANOR, 111 No. Jefferson Road, Whippany, NJ.

Conveniently located near Routes 287 and 10 and a 25 minute drive from Newark Airport. Plenty of parking in a gorgeous setting.

https://www.heritageirishdance.com/2018-feis.html

Subject: Long shot, but does anyone have TJ/HP results for PW U8/9 from the HPK feis last weekend?

Author:
FeisMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:29:05 04/19/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Harney Pender Keady-Opinions on this school please Also do they have strong teams? Looking to move novice 6 year old & want her to be nurtured & pushed further, she's losing motivation at current school

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:20:52 04/12/18 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Personal Training Available for Dancers in Boston Area

Author:
Certified PT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:46 04/18/18 Wed

Hello! I am an NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer and Open Champ level dancer moving to the Boston Area for grad school. I have a degree in Nutritional Sciences and Nutrition for Exercise and Sport. I work with dancers to prevent injury, improve movement mechanics, and build power and speed in ways that translate to better performance in class and onstage.

Beginning in May, I am offering one-on-one sessions and small-group training to dancers who are looking to prevent injury and reach their goals.

Cross training is hugely important for success in Irish dance, but it is vital that your workouts are effective, safe, and specific to your needs as a dancer. Meeting in person with a trainer is a great way to ensure that your program is tailored to your specific strengths and weaknesses, your questions are answered, and every move is executed with good form.

A couple quick notes -
I like to see a video from class or have my clients do a full so that I can see what their strengths and weaknesses are, but I do not ever address or practice choreography with dancers, so there are no association issues.
No gym membership is necessary - I will work with whatever tools you have available to meet your/your dancer's needs. There are some tools that I encourage dancers to purchase. They are relatively inexpensive, and I can give you a list with exactly where to buy them.
I'm willing to travel outside of Boston, as long as the time and distance are reasonable. If you're in MA but a little further out, let me know and we can decide together whether or not the logistics are feasible.

Working with athletes is my favorite part of training and I feel so strongly about helping other dancers reach their full potential. Please shoot me an email if you'd like any more info or would like to chat about options for you or your dancer. Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Worlds... Trying to understand results do all who recall get something? the results list medal holders to top 50 percent. Do the recalls go to awards? how does it work

Author:
aa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:40:04 03/26/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Can a PC dancer with 2 1sts not in the same year dance as a PC in NE?

Author:
Unsure parent (Frustrated)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:38 04/05/18 Thu

There does not seem to be any clearly written rule about whether you follow your region’s rules wherever you dance or do you follow the rules of the region where you’re dancing? My child’s TC said you follow the rules of the region where you are dancing, but other TCs in the same region say otherwise. To me, it makes sense to follow the rules and the syllabus of the region where you are dancing, not your own region’s rules. But how does the question get officially answered?!?

Replies:
Subject: Looking for the Greene OLeary feis syllabus. Is it through a company?

Author:
Link on their site not working
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:43 04/18/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: CUT

Author:
KILOGEAR
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:48 04/17/18 Tue

Hello All!

I’d like to introduce CUT, a line of revolutionary, high performance gear that incorporates KILOGEAR’S weighted technology specifically for Irish dancers. The weights are suspended in internal pockets throughout the clothing and our high intensity compression fabrics ensure that movement is kept to a minimum. The addition of only a few pounds has a dramatic effect when distributed throughout the body and is proven to help dancers improve their strength and overall performance.

Dancers require a massive amount of speed and power to properly execute movements and Irish dancing is probably the only sport that has a culture of not training in the exact conditions as they will experience on a competition day. Dancers are required to literally weigh themselves down with a costume that can sometimes weigh up to five pounds for some of the girls, yet no one ever practices under those conditions because the costumes are too expensive and fragile to constantly wear. KILOGEAR CUT is the solution to this very real problem that effects the performance of nearly every dancer worldwide.

Dancers typically have extreme muscle imbalance due to the very nature of Irish dancing, which results in a weak core and lack of upper body strength. KILOGEAR CUT is designed to help address these issues and build the foundations of a more well-rounded athlete. As dancing has evolved to be so dynamic it’s massively important to maintain steady posture and a sense of ease in the upper body. Our weighted tops help restrict arm movement and require dancers to properly engage their back and core while dancing. The weighted leggings force dancers to move quicker and be sharper throughout the dance. 

In addition to our gear we are designing an entire exercise and fitness programme that will teach dancers how to properly use the gear and function as a form of cross training in a way that best compliments their already extremely rigorous dancing schedule.

Please check out our website at: https://kilogearcut.com

And follow us on Instagram @KILOGEARCUT for updates!

If you should have any questions email us at: Cut@KiloGear.com

Replies:
Subject: IDTANA Scholarship-Has anyone heard back yet?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:42 04/17/18 Tue

Subject: Not sure if I still have contact info email for Alan at Feisweb. Can anyone help?

Author:
Thanks.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:54:58 04/17/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Are the judges for the Father’s Day feis listed anywhere, or is it too early?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:11:33 04/17/18 Tue

Subject: Last Day to Register w/ No Late Fees - Bracken Blackout & Bracken School Feis

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:13:47 04/17/18 Tue

Reminder TODAY is the last day to register without a late fee! We are offering 2 separate feis' on the same weekend. One being our 1st ever Blackout Feis Saturday April 28 and our 3rd annual Bracken School Feis, Sunday April 29th. You can register for both on Feisweb.com ! You can find the syllabus for both days and FAQ's for our blackout feis on brackenirishdanceboston.com/ We hope to see you there!

Subject: Any chance hansen keohane will post results anywhere, thx

Author:
sickkid
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:08:12 04/15/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Heading to ORLANDO? Check out the raffle opportunity from the Murray Academy Feis!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:40 04/16/18 Mon

The Murray Feis is offering a new and exciting raffle opportunity for 2018!!
The winner will receive the choice between TWO 2-Day Park Hopper tickets to either Walt Disney World OR Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. Use them while you are traveling for Nationals or A family vacation!!
Ticket Cost: $20.00
Drawing will be at the Murray Feis, May 20, 2018
Winner need not be present to win.
Don’t Wait….. ONLY 250 tickets will be sold!
All raffle proceeds to benefit non profit parent booster group Cara Rince

Subject: Feis Tan at Home

Author:
dancer27
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:25:17 04/13/18 Fri

Hello,

I was looking into getting Feis Tan from Home. I was wondering what people's thoughts and reviews were on the product? Or if there is another tanning method and brand you have found better that works for you? Thank you in advance!

Replies:
Subject: Adult Irish Dancing Classes

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:53:19 04/09/18 Mon

Are there any in the Greater Boston /Quincy area? Thx!

Replies:
Subject: CNY Feis Update

Author:
CNY Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:29:38 04/14/18 Sat

Don’t forget to enter on Feisweb!
We are so excited that we are closing in on 1000 likes on our CNY Feis Facebook page, that we are announcing a contest. Help us get to 1000 likes on our CNY Feis FB page before feis day 4/28/18! The 1000th person to like our page will be eligible to receive a VIP parking pass and a CNY Feis shirt

Subject: The 2018 Four Provinces Feis is quickly approaching and we are looking forward to seeing you on April 29th!

Author:
McDC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:40 04/13/18 Fri

We just wanted to share a few updates:

* We have extended the closing date for entries to
Saturday April 21st.

* Round awards for both Prelim & Open

* Sashes for all Prelim & Champ placers

* Open- Pottery for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place

* Prelim- Gift Card (with trophy exchange) for 1st, 2nd &
3rd place

* Unique awards for Art & Soda Bread competitions

* Trophies for all advance beginners prizewinner 1st-3rd
place placers. Medals for beginners.

* We are bring back the group Charity Treble Reel! 4 or
more dancers for a max of 32 bars. You can register for
this event day of the feis. All proceeds will benefit
The Nelson County Food Pantry in memory of
John S. McGrory.

* Great raffle items including LuLu Lemon backpack,
American Girl Doll, Dancer Necessity Basket, Gift Card
Wreath plus more!

* Two Magic Kingdom 1 Day Passes (no expiration/no
blackout dates)- $5/ticket. Winner does not need to be
present.

* Great vendors including Faye, Rutherford, Head for the
World, Irish Seams, Lip Sense & Klonhed.

* We are happy to be hosting Grade Exams 1-6 at our
McDade- Cara Studio on Saturday , April 28th. Please see
the School website for additional information
(www.mcdadecara.com)

Subject: Bracken Blackout Feis and Bracken School Feis

Author:
Bracken Parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:58:37 04/12/18 Thu

The registration deadline for the Bracken Blackout feis and the Bracken Feis has been moved forward to April 17th. This will allow us time to get schedules out to you as early as possible.
Two Feisanna in one weekend!
May 1st is the deadline to qualify for Nationals. If you are hoping to get your first to qualify, this is your last chance. The adjudicator panel will rotate the two day schedule between the two gyms and the auditorium.
Judges are all out of state. Please see below for list of adjudictors:
Kathy Irvine, Ont
Ellen Riordan, NJ
John Jennings, NJ
Rose Fearon, Ont
Brian Grant, Ont
Mary Bryan, Ont.
Moira McMahon, NY
Darren Maguire, AZ
Matthew Martin, NJ

Musicians:
Michael Fitzpatrick, MA
Ina O'Brien, Ont.
Pat King, Ont

You may register online at www.feisweb.com for both feisanna.
We hope to see you there.

Replies:
Subject: MONTREAL FEIS - SATURDAY MAY 19TH (DOUBLE FEIS WEEKEND OPPORTUNITY --> OTTAWA CAPITAL FEIS MAY 20TH)

Author:
Feis Admin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:51 04/10/18 Tue

Montreal Feis Saturday May 19th

John Abbott College, St.Anne de Bellevue, Quebec

Entries close May 7th

REGISTER at IFEIS.NET !!

OFFERING:

***SPECIAL TROPHY DANCE OFF COMPETITIONS FOR ALL GRADE LEVELS***

***GRADES/CHAMP LEVEL TREBLE REELS***

***PRELIMINARY DANCE-OFF FOR PERPETUAL TROPHY***

***JUNIOR AND SENIOR CHAMP DANCE OFF WITH PERPETUAL TROPHY***

***PARENT-CHILD COMPETITIONS***

FEATURING:

***AUDITORIUM FOR ALL CHAMPS AND SOME PRELIM COMPETITIONS***

***SASHES FOR TOP THREE CHAMP AS WELL AS PRELIM AND TROPHY SPECIAL WINNERS***

***TWO CHAMP LEVEL STAGES***

***OUTDOOR CONCERT STAGE AND PUB***

***LIVE PERFORMANCES BEGINNING AT NOON***

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: Feis at the Beach Update- see inside first reply

Author:
FABcommittee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:58 04/12/18 Thu

Replies:
  • Updates -- FABcommittee, 16:43:24 04/12/18 Thu
Subject: 10 days left to enter Shea-Jennings Feis without late fee

Author:
sj feis secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:01 04/12/18 Thu

The 14th Annual Shea-Jennings Feis
May 5, 2018
Cranford, NJ

Sashes & round awards for Prelim/Open
Well organized - runs on time!

Entries open on www.efeis.com
Syllabus on www.deirdreshea.com

Follow us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Sheajenningsfeis2018/

Subject: Anyone know if mcinerney happening in worcester later this year, a fav of ours

Author:
Hmm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:23 04/12/18 Thu

Subject: HK Feis Schedule

Author:
committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:33:18 04/10/18 Tue

The HK feis schedule is posted on our facebook page and our website www.hansenkeohane.com
Looking forward to another great feis day!

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan Feis

Author:
Lenihan Teachers
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:49:30 04/09/18 Mon

The Lenihan teachers would like to thank everyone who attended our feis yesterday. Thank you especially to all of you who took the time to thank a parent volunteer for their hard work or say a quick thank you to one of us. Those comments are so appreciated after all of the effort it takes to put on a feis.
Huge thank you also to all of our parent and dancer volunteers. We couldn't do this without all of you!
See you all for our fall feis on November 4!

Replies:
Subject: What is with the cutting of the dancers numbers! I have seen corners cut and length taken off each side? Is there a REASON for this??

Author:
DancingD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:23 04/08/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: how can i learn how ro white tape hard shoes thx

Author:
itstime
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:11 04/10/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if the woman who took photos at many eastern MAR and western NER feiseanna is still doing so? I looked for her on pinterest and couldn't find even old ones.

Author:
Loved seeing them!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:25 04/10/18 Tue

Subject: Anyone else buy a ID dress and have major problems... Help

Author:
qq
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:39:10 04/09/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Murray Academy Feis hotels?

Author:
Kathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:28 04/07/18 Sat

Hi all. Traveling from western NY for the Murray Feis & trying to find local hotels but it doesn’t see there are any nearby. Can anyone make any recommendations on where to stay? Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Bracken Black Out ??

Author:
🤔
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:51:57 04/08/18 Sun

I have checked the syllabus for the Bracken black out feis and can’t tell if buckles for champs are allowed or not. Anyone know?

Replies:
Subject: Hansen Keohane Feis

Author:
Celticcurls2
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:11:03 04/09/18 Mon

Hi, does anyone know if Hansen Keohane will have day of entry?
Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Heavies left at gray feis

Author:
Feismom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:16:42 04/08/18 Sun

My daughters Fay heavies size 3.5 with bling buckles were left at the Gray Feis! Hoping someone found them?

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know when the Hansen Keohane schedule will be out, and do they list numbers in competitions?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:35:30 04/09/18 Mon

Subject: Gavin dress - £350

Author:
ID Mum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:56:04 04/09/18 Mon

Hot pink Gavin dress - worn once. Chest 32/33", waist 27/28" and length 32". Worn once - perfect for Intermediate dancer. Would just like dress used again so happy to consider offers. Please email if interested.

Subject: Long shot, but did someone at Lenihan in the main gym by stage E bring home a blue skort/tennis skirt by mistake?

Author:
Dancer, more inside
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:12:24 04/08/18 Sun

Mine went missing after being on top of my dress bag under the bleachers. Possibly an Inishfree family who were camping nearby? Looks like this: https://www.target.com/p/women-s-run-shorts-c9-champion-174/-/A-53167649?preselect=52897200#lnk=sametab. Will be at Feis at theNeach, or will pay to ship. Email posted. Thanks!

Subject: Hansen Keohane Feis

Author:
Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:40:32 04/07/18 Sat

Forgot to enter ? We are still accepting entries with a late fee. Hope to see you at the feis.

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan tweeting? Twitter link? Not seeing anything on school twitter

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:49:29 04/08/18 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Stage calculator question

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:13:32 04/07/18 Sat

Have never used. Wondering what start time would be for Prelim comp that begins at 8:30 and has two comps w 69 dancers total before my dd’s comp. Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan PU15 - guess on start time?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:43:34 04/07/18 Sat

Subject: Gray School posting results anywhere? can please send #? Thx

Author:
ID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:43:06 04/07/18 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Crystals

Author:
NYC dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:45:00 04/07/18 Sat

We have a new Elevation dress. Does anyone know what brand of crystals they typically use? And is there anywhere in NYC we could buy additional crystals that will hopefully match what is on the dress?

Replies:
Subject: please remind me of age you can wear makeup please

Author:
10?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:21 04/06/18 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Irish Cultural Center Championships Saturday June 9th is open on Feisweb

Author:
Feis Secretary
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:20:27 04/06/18 Fri

Please join us at the beautiful Irish Cultural Center in Canton, MA
For a fabulous day of Irish Dancing and Music Competitions.
Fantastic vendors, raffles, Dress Sale area and food and drink provided by the ICC
We will be offering the Champion of Champions competition again this year. Full list of Adudicators and Musiciians will be listed soon.

Subject: Lenihan Schedule inside first reply

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:55:56 04/04/18 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Does your school charge a fee for your teacher to attend majors or Feises?

Author:
Ours does and finding out others do not.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:28 04/03/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Update on Late Fees - Bracken Double Feis Weekend

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:11 04/06/18 Fri

Update: There will be no late fees for any dancer registered on Feis web by the closing date of Tuesday April 17th at midnight.

Two Feisanna, One Weekend! Bracken School of Irish Dance

In an effort to get the feis schedule out to everyone as early as possible we have moved up our last day of registration for both the Bracken Blackout Feis and Bracken School Feis to midnight TUESDAY, APRIL 17th. Please make a note and get your registrations in now at feisweb.com

Hoping for your 2nd first to get you to Open before the May 1st deadline and your last chance to qualify for Nationals before the cutoff? Join us the last weekend of April for not just 1 but two chances.

We are offering 2 separate feis' on the same weekend. One being our 1st ever Blackout Feis Saturday April 28 (no dresses, no wigs, no bling & no stress!)

And our 3rd annual Bracken School Feis, Sunday April 29th.

You can register for both on Feisweb.com and you can find the syllabus for both days and FAQ's for our blackout feis on brackenirishdanceboston.com

We've got dancers from as far away as Arizona and Nova Scotia to join in the fun and we hope to see you there as well!

Subject: Back to Back Feis- Bracken School of Irish Dance

Author:
Bracken Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:08:10 03/31/18 Sat

Two Feisanna, One Weekend! Bracken School of Irish Dance

In an effort to get the feis schedule out to everyone as early as possible we have moved up our last day of registration for both the Bracken Blackout Feis and Bracken School Feis to midnight TUESDAY, APRIL 17th. Please make a note and get your registrations in now at feisweb.com

Hoping for your 2nd first to get you to Open before the May 1st deadline and your last chance to qualify for Nationals before the cutoff? Join us the last weekend of April for not just 1 but two chances.

We are offering 2 separate feis' on the same weekend. One being our 1st ever Blackout Feis Saturday April 28 (no dresses, no wigs, no bling & no stress!)

And our 3rd annual Bracken School Feis, Sunday April 29th.

You can register for both on Feisweb.com and you can find the syllabus for both days and FAQ's for our blackout feis on brackenirishdanceboston.com

We've got dancers from as far away as Arizona and Nova Scotia to join in the fun and we hope to see you there as well!

Replies:
Subject: WOW, just back from Worlds, not many (any) posts to all the FAB NE dancers that danced in Glasgow, so here it goes... CONGRAT's to ALL the NE dancers that qualified, that went and danced, that recalled, that World Medalled!! Hope everyone had a FAB time in Glasgow! Just getting there is amazing!

Author:
12 year Veteran.....
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:02 04/03/18 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Nationals Room

Author:
AnnMarie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:26 04/05/18 Thu

Double room available in the block Friday June 29-Sunday july 1.. 3 nights

Replies:
Subject: The McDade-Cara School is pleased to announce we are offering Grades Exams 1-6 on April 28, 2018 the day before the Four Provinces Feis. Information and registration can be found at the link below. http://www.mcdadecara.com/we-are-happy-to-host-grade-exams-at-our-mcdade-cara-studio/

Author:
McDC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:07 04/05/18 Thu

Subject: Bluebonnet Feis and Grade Exams April 21, 2018 Dallas, TX

Author:
BB Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:27 04/05/18 Thu

It's not too late to sign up for the Bluebonnet Feis. Supplemental Prelims offer your dancer a chance to win 2 firsts in one day just in time to qualify for Nationals! Only one registration fee and hotel stay required!
6 stages, raffle baskets, awesome vendors. The hotel room block is open and it's only 5 minutes from D/FW Airport! Come feis in Texas! Dance in front of Nationals judges too!

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1802134490&key=68DCD8E

Replies:
Subject: Grade Exams?

Author:
DD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:11:58 04/05/18 Thu

Any summer NE feis hosting grade exams? Trying to get them done with minimal travel.

Subject: UPDATE: The June 10th Irish Heritage Fies is open on Feisweb. We look forward to seeing everyone!

Author:
feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:07:10 04/05/18 Thu

Subject: Does Liam Harney still teach anywhere? Just curious if he teaches anywhere here or if he lives in San Diego.

Author:
Older dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:24 04/02/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan schedule out anywhere?

Author:
doublefeisprep
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:49:31 04/04/18 Wed

Subject: 11th Annual Lynn Academy Stamford Feis

Author:
Lynn Feis Commitee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:20:52 04/04/18 Wed

Stamford CT Feis
The 11th Annual Lynn Academy Stamford, CT Feis will be held on Sunday May 6, 2018.

Venue:
Stamford High School
55 Strawberry Hill Avenue
Stamford, CT

Start Time:
8:30am

Entries Due:
April 30, 2018

Entries:
www.feisweb.com

Adjudicators:

Dara O’Se Delap Scotland
David Smith Scotland
Kate O’Connor California
Blainaid McCaul Ireland
Martin Percival Colorado
Marcus Maloney Ireland
Kerry Ann Broderick New York
Maggie Ritnour New York
Patsy McLoughlin New Jersey
Joanie Cass New York
Joan Cass New York

Musicians:

Billy Keller New Jersey
Mairead Early New Jersey
Brian Boyce PA
Kevin Forde NJ
Karen Conway NJ

Subject: Is it gaffers tape that if put on the bottom of the HS it will help not mark up a school stage or floor? Thanks!

Author:
UI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:25:45 03/28/18 Wed

f

Replies:
Subject: Hansen Keohane Feis is still accepting entries with no late fee

Author:
HK committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:17:22 04/02/18 Mon

We hope you can join us on April 15th for our feis.

Replies:
Subject: CT champs

Author:
Idmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:34 04/02/18 Mon

Anyone have any idea when prelims will dance on Saturday. Trying to plan a family visit.

Replies:
Subject: CNY Feis in Syracuse, NY!

Author:
CNY Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:54 04/03/18 Tue

Looking to get that last first to qualify for Nationals, or get in front of a Nationals judge one more time? Enter the CNY Feis in Syracuse, NY on April 28, 2018 by 4/14 to avoid the late fee! Held at the NYS Fairgrounds, we have 4 Champ stages running in front of an esteemed panel of adjudicators. Some highlights:
*handmade chocolate round awards
*sashes for Top 5 in OC and Top 3 in PC
*fantastic pottery awards for PW, PC and OC
*new perpetuals
*unique competitions: Championship trad sets, Pre-Preliminary Championships, Adult Championships, food-themed charity Treble Reel competition to benefit the Syracuse Hunger Project (for groups or individuals)
* Adjudicators: Joe Seletski, NY; Sean Flynn, NY; Patsy McLoughlin, NY; Maggie Revis Basenburg, NH; Eileen McDonagh Morr, NY; Cathy Spencer Revis, NY; Kerry Broderick, NY; LuAnn O’Rourke Boyd, NY; Debbie Lynch-Webber, NY; Lexa Hickey, NJ; Maggie Ritnour, NY; Ronan McCormack, FL; Anthony Murnane, FL; Karl Drake, GA; Maureen Collins Novaco, NY; Colleen Quinlan Schroeder, PA; Sheila Stevens, CT; Isabella Fogerty, IRE; Kathleen Flaherty, MA; James Early, NJ
See our website for details: www.cnyfeis.com, enter on www.feisweb.com, and follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!

Subject: Jerry Mulvihill Memorial Feis will open on Feisweb next week!

Author:
MLS Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:29 04/03/18 Tue

Our annual feis, in honor of Jerry Mulvihill TCRG, will be held on Saturday, May 19th at Newfield High School in Selden, Long Island, NY. We are looking forward to opening registration next week on Feisweb.

Our venue is a short 10-15 minute drive to the Bridgeport/Port Jefferson Ferry terminal.

Subject: Stage schedules for gray or Lenihan? Trying to plan double weekend

Author:
Dance12
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:39:15 04/02/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Heading to ORLANDO for NANS? Check out the raffle opportunity from the Murray Academy Feis!

Author:
Murray Feis Fundraising Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:49 04/02/18 Mon

The Murray Feis is offering a new and exciting raffle opportunity for 2018!!
The winner will receive the choice between TWO 2-Day Park Hopper tickets to either Walt Disney World OR Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. Use them while you are traveling for Nationals or A family vacation!!
Ticket Cost: $20.00
Drawing will be at the Murray Feis, May 20, 2018
Winner need not be present to win.
Don’t Wait….. ONLY 250 tickets will be sold!
All raffle proceeds to benefit non profit parent booster group Cara Rince

Subject: newer mom here, wnat is the path to worlds..through the o? through nationals? young dd inspired this past week, thx!!!!

Author:
novmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:13:40 04/02/18 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Murray Feis! Last day for the EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: If you complete your registration by April 2, 2018, you will receive a 50% discount on the Family Fee.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:21 04/02/18 Mon

New this year!!! We are excited to announce our NEW same-day SECOND CHANCE COMPETITIONS for all Prizewinners & Preliminary Champions. The first and second chance competitions will have different judges. SAVE time and money while extending the fun of the day!

Our competitions will be held in beautiful and spacious Sanborn Regional High School, which has ample parking. We will have delicious, nutritious and reasonably priced food, excellent service, and friendly volunteers. Add our great judges and musicians, (all will be posted on our website), terrific awards and appearances by Murray the Moose, and we anticipate good times for all!

We are joining the 2018 celebration of the Irish language through our NEW art competition (no fee for entry). We will also be running a raffle limited to 250 chances for two 2-day Park-Hopper tickets for either Walt Disney World or Universal Studios in Orlando, FL (winner need not be present to purchase or win).

We invite you to check out our syllabus on: https://cararince.weebly.com/murray-academy-feis.html or go to https://feisweb.com/ We hope you will make the Murray Academy Feis part of your plans this May 20. We look forward to a great day of dancing and community with you!

Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]78 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.