VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: Feis dress sales .... a plea to feis committees ....

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:56:35 10/23/19 Wed

It seems like the market is pretty flooded with used dresses these days and it's getting tougher to sell. This results in people having to drop the prices of the dresses. Can we PLEASE get away from the $5 hang a dress for sale at the feis's? Do you really need that extra $$? I really appreciate the times we can hang for free. We are already dropping the price without having to pay to hang!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Southern CT State Feis

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:44 10/20/19 Sun

Reminder- tomorrow (10/21) is the last day to register and pay for the Southern CT State Feis without paying a late fee! We also may reach our cap of 700 before the final deadline of 10/25, so please get those entries in now to avoid disappointment!

Replies:
Subject: NEO

Author:
Dance Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:54:40 10/23/19 Wed

Is it a rotating panel at NEO or set panel? My DD and I could not remember while chatting about it last night. We are just curious does not really matter one way or the other. Although I think my dd prefers rotating.

Replies:
Subject: In need of a seamstress who is good at altering solos dresses near West Roxbury

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:00:22 10/22/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: O’Dwyer Feis - much better feis this time

Author:
LG Feis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:38:16 10/20/19 Sun

I was one of the first ones to criticize the O’Dwyer feis last year for what I thought was a not so great feis. We decided to try again and have to admit thought this feis was much much better. Everything was pretty much on time. No awkward practice stage in the middle. Much better stage set up for viewing.

Great job! We’ll be back next year.

Replies:
Subject: O'Dwyer Feis dilemma

Author:
Deirdre
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:02 10/18/19 Fri

My daughter is split Novice/PW U9. These competitions are at the same time. This is only the 3rd time she has danced split so this hasn't happened before. Anyone else have this conflict? Anyone have experience on what normally happens? Thanks!!

Replies:
Subject: Solo dress for sale

Author:
Denise (Fedigan)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:50:09 10/20/19 Sun

Solo dress for sale made by Taylor of Belfast. Pink and black. Waiste-27 Sleeve-22 length- 29 1/2 email for price and pics.

Subject: Hoping someone will kindly post the adjudicators are for the Lenihan feis?

Author:
Please and thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:02:18 10/16/19 Wed

Replies:
Subject: O”Dwyer feis Comm- schedule please? - need to know if I need to book a hotel- thanks much!

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:38:09 10/16/19 Wed

Replies:
Subject: The December 15th Christmas Feis is now open on for registrations on www.feisweb.com. If you have any questions, please email Lisa Chaplin osheachaplin@hotmail.com

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:29:58 10/16/19 Wed

Subject: Anyone selling a Helen Doyle dress bag?

Author:
feismum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:28 10/12/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Lenihan feis hotel block?

Author:
Planning
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:58:40 10/14/19 Mon

Just wondering if there is a room block for Lenihan feis this year?? Thanks.

Subject: Southern CT State Feis adjudicators?

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:47:46 10/08/19 Tue

Can’t find on syllabus or website. Anyone find them?

Replies:
Subject: Where are results posted for Mcinerney feis

Author:

[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:46:10 10/13/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: McInerney Feis Saturday October 12 on FeisWeb

Author:
McInerney Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:11:56 10/07/19 Mon

Friendly reminder today is the last day to register on FeisWeb for the McInerney Feis. We have a great day of dancing planned for our competitors at an Oireachtas quality venue. Great Champ Stages, Round Awards, Fun Crazy Sock Treble Reel, Monitored Dress area, Large Spacious Ballrooms with plenty of seating. It is not too late! We would love to host your dancer!!

Replies:
Subject: New Website

Author:
EID
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:57:16 10/01/19 Tue

We are in the process of putting together a new website to link the world of Irish Dance. We will have links to regional and national competitions worldwide, Oireachtas', results, costume makers, accessories, dance schools, adjudicators, grades, vendors, makeup artists, the list goes on! Please take a look and if there is any information you think we should add please email us on the email address listed on the site or via the contact form.
We are having problems finding a contact for schools in New England so if anyone can help please let us know (thank you also to the lovely people who have already contacted us with some names and links to school pages).
Also, if any feis organisers would like a link to their feis' please email us and if you have any results we would like to put a link to these too. This also applies to makeup artists, photographers, costume makers, stockists, etc!
The website address is www.everythingirishdance.com
We also have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/everythingirishdance/?view_public_for=361992254459219
Many thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Wig

Author:
Dm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:36:24 10/12/19 Sat

Does anyone have recommendations on who could do a wig for O. Ty

Subject: Dress bag with shoe pockets

Author:
Dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:17:34 10/08/19 Tue

Who can tell me the name of the company who makes the dance dress bag that has the pockets on the outside for shoes, wigs, etc. It can be carried like a backpack.

Replies:
Subject: The 2nd Annual BLACKOUT Murray Academy Winter feis is now open on Feisweb!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:20 10/08/19 Tue

. 2nd Annual BLACKOUT Murray Academy Winter feis
. 2nd Chance Prelim competitions
. Charity Treble Reel
. Hit cap early last year, register now and don't miss out!

Subject: FEIS QUESTION....so many choices leading up to O...how do you pick which ones to attend?

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:54:58 10/07/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: O’s hair & makeup

Author:
Dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:03:43 10/03/19 Thu

Looking for someone to do hair / makeup for the NEO’s ... does anyone know who may be taking appointments?

Replies:
Subject: Southern CT State Feis

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:47:16 10/03/19 Thu

The Southern CT State Feis is now accepting entries on FeisWeb.com! Please join us on Sunday, November 3 at Flood Middle School in Stratford, CT.
Please note that we have a cap of 700 this year and our entries close on October 21 without a late fee or October 25 with a late fee. Please see our syllabus on lenihanirishdance.com for details.
We hope to see you all there. Looking forward to another great feis!

Replies:
Subject: Oireachtas Schedule

Author:
Abby P
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:18:15 10/07/19 Mon

Where can the schedule be found? I know the dates but I am looking to learn what dancer will be dancing what day. Thank you

Replies:
Subject: Tanning appointments for O

Author:
O
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:41:28 10/07/19 Mon

Is there a vendor web site for tanning appointments? I thought I saw this.

Subject: NEO Schedule?

Author:
DanceMomof1
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:17 10/06/19 Sun

Quick question: I’m trying to book my Hartford hotels. How do I know what nights I need to book? Is there a schedule available?

Replies:
Subject: The O’Shea chaplin academy is going to host the grade exams , for grades 1-12, january 25 and 26 in Watertown, ma. Email Lisa at osheachaplin@hotmail.com for more info. Fees and forms are due by November 1.

Author:
Lisa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:32:19 10/05/19 Sat

Subject: McInerney Feis Saturday October 12 on FeisWeb

Author:
McInerney Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:17:52 10/01/19 Tue

It is not too late, still time to register for the McInerney Feis on October 12. The feis offers a great spacious venue, excellent stages, round awards, extra set competition for any of you working on a set for O. Registration available through Feisweb.

Replies:
Subject: McGough Syllabus?

Author:
FF
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:11 10/02/19 Wed

Curious when an updated syllabus will be available for the McGough Academy feis?

Replies:
Subject: Hard shoes

Author:
feismum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:31:49 10/02/19 Wed

My daughter has Feis Fayre hard shoes and needs to have new tips put on them. Does anyone know if Fays will do them? I know Feis Fayre isn't at a ton of feises. Any other options? Thank you.

Replies:
Subject: Calling Male Irish dancers in the United States! Celtic Fyre at Busch Gardens Williamsburg are currently accepting auditions for male Irish dancers for the 2020 season. Dates: Must be available early March to late August 2020. Some sub or swing positions may also be available. Must be a US citizen or hold a green card or US visa. https://buschgardensauditions.com/busch-gardens-williamsburg/entertainment-opportunities/irish-dancers/

Author:
BGW
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:47:44 10/01/19 Tue

Subject: Lenihan feis in November? Is this happening?

Author:
Can’t find info either way
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:28:39 09/23/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Thanks to the hard-working dance moms who put on the New England dress sale today. So well organized. Thank you!

Author:
Other dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:19:55 09/29/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Any chance the Forbes Feis will split competition 509 (open 16+)?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:23:07 09/27/19 Fri

There are 32 dancers signed up on Feisweb now, which is almost double size of every other open competition that day.

Replies:
Subject: All Scotland on site Spray Tanning

Author:
Provided by Bespoke Beauty by M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:54 09/28/19 Sat

Spray Tanning based at the Royal Concert Hall

Legs only £20 (3 layers)
Full Body £30 (1 layer body/3 legs)

email bepsokebeautybym@gmail.com
Tele: 07999089914

Further details can be found on both All Scotland and Bespoke Beauty by M Facebook pages.

Subject: Best sites to list dresses for sale

Author:
Mom of retired dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:05:03 09/20/19 Fri

Hello! Would any of you be able to offer your thoughts on the best sites to post a dress for sale?

Thank you so much!

Replies:
Subject: Ex schools

Author:
Worried
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:32:32 09/26/19 Thu

Has anyone ever sued a ex teacher or school for slander with evidence showing they did, or will I be the 1st! So done with hearing ridiculous rumors from old school. It’s time parents fought back. Some teachers really get nasty and start in on the kid as well. We left get over it.

Replies:
Subject: Did Sheila Bremer leave Dunleavy Boyle Bremer? I noticed that while the Autumn Feis links to a website that says DBB, their Facebook page name has changed to Dunleavy Boyle.

Author:
puzzled
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:04:49 09/20/19 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Forbes Feis - what are the grades stages like? Marley on gym flooring? Size?

Author:
deciding between Forbes & McLoughlin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:41:37 09/22/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Dress Sale on Sunday 9/29

Author:
dress
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:58:49 09/24/19 Tue

Dress sale this Sunday 9/29 from 1pm - 5 pm at the Irish Cultural Centre of New England in Canton, MA. More information on facebook events search for New England Dress Sale.

Subject: What happened to manners?

Author:
Annoyed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:58 09/23/19 Mon

We attended the New England Autumn feis yesterday and I was honestly amazed at the lack of consideration and manners in one of the champs rooms. Crowds of people were in the room and the musician had to ask for quiet several times. People were practicing in hard shoes while girls were dancing their sets on the other side of the room. There were many kids just hanging out and talking in bunches so it was difficult to see the dancers and to get back to where our stuff was parked to change shoes. The poor stage manager had enough on her hands checking everyone in and no one could hear her when she announced the next group. My daughter looked at me at one point as she was trying to get back to the little square foot of space we had carved out to change shoes and begged me not to say anything because she knew how rude people were, and knew I don't handle it well. I understanding waiting in the room if you are the next comp. up, but be polite. If you are there to watch a friend dance, be quiet while others are dancing. If you have a burning need to talk about the Tic Tok boys who were there, leave the room.

Replies:
Subject: Lost backpiece

Author:
mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:35:52 09/23/19 Mon

probably a long shot but we are missing a pink taylor back piece from
the autumn feis yesterday. Pink embroidery cut out. If you found it and have it please reach out.

Subject: Does anyone have recommendations for makeup artists that may be at Oireachtas?

Author:
dancemom13
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:19 09/22/19 Sun

Subject: Interesting read about the price gouging at world's: https://www.irishcentral.com/news/world-irish-dance-championships-2020-hotels

Author:
Crazy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:03:41 09/22/19 Sun

Subject: O judges?

Author:
Just wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:42:45 09/20/19 Fri

Anyone know where Oireachtas judges are listed? Just curious who we have this year!

Replies:
Subject: Any idea who is doing tanning for the Oireachtas? I looked on the FB page for vendor info as the NEIDTA page is "under construction".

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:57:33 09/20/19 Fri

Subject: Is the vendor list for the Autumn Feis in Dedham posted anywhere? Thank you

Author:
feisy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:15:59 09/19/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Who are the NE members of CLRG and how did they vote on the Hotel gauging for the world Chanpionships?

Author:
The cost is Shocking and scandalous.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:05:59 09/17/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Brand new Celtic Choice ghillies, size 4.5 & 5.5. $35 each, can bring them to the NE Autumn feis on Sunday

Author:
Brenda@datdesdev.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:21:41 09/17/19 Tue

Subject: Lenihan Feis in November?

Author:
Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:57:36 09/17/19 Tue

Hi can anyone tell me if there will be a Feis on November 3? Thank you

Subject: Moving from the Midwest

Author:
Thank you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:13:14 07/24/19 Wed

Moving to Peabody MA from the Midwest and need your help finding a fairly competitive school for my U14 open daughter. I’ve searched online the best I could but there doesn’t seem to be THAT many schools very close to us. I’m willing to travel an hour (a little more if necessary) to get my daughter into a good school. Money is also a wee tight at the moment, so if your a mother from a school and know your tuition is through the roof, I politely ask you to refrain from answering with that school.

Replies:
Subject: Great job on the logo for NERO!!! Love the colors and design! Getting excited for a weekend of fun!

Author:
nerocountodwn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:16:39 09/13/19 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know where to purchase stones for a dress?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:13:12 09/12/19 Thu

Looking for a store or website to purchase stones for dress??

Replies:
Subject: Looking for tips on shipping a dress to Canada. Will it cost substantially more than shipping to a U.S.address? Anything special for customs or insurance?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:21:28 09/12/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: And once again---get all the way through to the "payment" button and I got shut out. Stellar experience, NERO.

Author:
Pissed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:04:05 08/29/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: ? Murray merging with H&K? On main board? Would explain all the BOC insta videos coming up

Author:
Did
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:16 09/05/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Is anyone aware of graded exams coming up with entries still open?

Author:
Sr Lady
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:52:38 09/03/19 Tue

Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Just wondered if Coogan is having a Feis this fall? Thank you!

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:24:01 09/05/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know results of oldest PC at Horgan?

Author:
Thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:48:43 08/31/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Forbes Feis Can you update the and post 2019 info for your upcoming feis? Judges Etc- thank you!

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:01 09/03/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Is anyone else having issues registering for the Forbes Feis? I registered and paid but I don’t see my daughter on the paid entries list and my Feisweb acct. shows a balance. I see lots of people have registered but only 14 on their paid entries list.

Author:
🧐
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:39:23 09/01/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Hardshoes

Author:
Christine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:16:44 09/01/19 Sun

Looking for suggestions on a easy to break in hardshoe that fits a wide foot

Replies:
Subject: New England Autumn Feis

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:00 08/29/19 Thu

Reminder that registration deadline for the New England Autumn Feis is just 2 weeks from today (Sept 12th). Our fabulous new venue is the Hilton Dedham which is very centrally located right off of Rt 95/128 and minutes from Legacy Place outdoor shopping center. We have a limited amount of hotel rooms available the night before the Feis at a block group rate. See syllabus for details! We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Replies:
Subject: 9:02 - Already sold out at Marriott and I was only trying for ONE night!

Author:
Feisy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:03:34 08/29/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Schedule and details?

Author:
Conn Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:13 08/29/19 Thu

Even more important than the hotel is the day schedule? When will the new website be live?

Subject: Is it true we are supposed to try and book hotels for NEO THIS Friday? Does anyone have any information at all? Any links? times? Why does this always feel so last minute?

Author:
Sigh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:34 08/25/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: TCs booked NEO hotel rooms today. Anyone know when it will be open to the rest of us?

Author:
TIA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:21 08/19/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Kudos to the Lunasa Feis! It was a lovely day and very well run- we hope to attend for many years to come! Thank you

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:47:28 08/26/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Lunasa Feis

Author:
Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:50:25 08/25/19 Sun

Follow along today on Twitter at ICCWNE. We will be updating all info through the Twitter page. Thank you all for your support of a new feis. We have been working hard and hope you all enjoy!

Subject: Will there be a dress resale area at Lunasa?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:03:18 08/24/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Lunasa Schedule? And is there a full list of judges?

Author:
Thanks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:54:54 08/21/19 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Irish Dance at Fairfield University?

Author:
Liz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:27 08/21/19 Wed

Does anyone know if there is an Irish Dance team at Fairfield University? Daughter is heading off to school and hates to give up dance, but can't find any info about a team there.

Replies:
Subject: **VERLIN FEIS**

Author:
PERPETUAL CUP RETURN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:56 08/16/19 Fri

If you or your dancer won a perpetual trophy at the Verlin Feis last October in Pearl River, NY, Congratulations! I will be contacting you via email or by phone or through your dance school if I cannot reach you by email. Please review your feis schedule so we can arrange the return of your engraved trophy. We need the trophies back engraved with your dancer’s name by late-September. Please help us prepare our perpetual trophies for the 2019 winners. Thank you! I can be reached via email at verlinfeistrophies@gmail.com

Subject: Boston Irish Dance Company Auditions

Author:
Hannah DeRusha (Rising Step)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:04:20 08/13/19 Tue

Rising Step, Boston-based Irish dance company, is holding auditions Tuesday, September 10th from 7:30-9:00pm at Green Street Studios, 185 Green Street, Cambridge, MA (Central Square). We are looking for strong step dancers to join our company for the 2019-2020 season, including festival and music performances around the Boston area.

To register, visit our website: www.risingstepdance.com/join-the-company

Follow us on instagram and facebook @risingstepdance
Subscribe to our newsletter http://eepurl.com/gzOb5P

Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]45678 ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.