VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678 ]

New England Irish Dance Message Board

Dancers, MAIDs, DAIDs, TCs, ADCRGs & friends -- this is the place to discuss the NE Region Irish Dance scene.
All I ask is that you treat each other with respect. Inappropriate posts may be removed at the moderator's discretion.
If you have an issue, or need to report a problem with a post, please email me with your concern. I can be reached at NE_IrishDanceATyahoo.com.

Subject: shamrock School Feis

Author:
Sheila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:43:59 01/20/20 Mon

We have ReFeis That Dress as a vendor at our Feis this year, therefore, hanging your used dresses on the walls of the corridors will not be permitted. You can hang your used dress with Dress ReFeis for a $5 fee
Any dress seen hanging on the walls will be removed.
Thanking you in advance for your cooperation
See you in a couple of weeks

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: All Ireland Gleneagle room available, Sat 4/22, check out 4/23, $100, twin/double.

Author:
thx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:05:04 01/21/20 Tue

Subject: Will there be a Gray School feis this Spring? Always one of our favorites, but I cannot find any information on it. Trying to map out our spring feising schedule.

Author:
TIA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:09 01/21/20 Tue

Subject: World Hotel Available walking distance to Convention Center (one night only)

Author:
Julie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:14 01/16/20 Thu

Hilton Garden Inn room available April 7 only. Email if interested.

Subject: Anyone know where signups are for Big Apple Feis?

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:58 01/15/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Shamrock Photo

Author:
Sean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:30:53 01/11/20 Sat

Wondering why shamrock photo will not respond to my calls. I know in the New England area many families had trouble with receiving wrong photos as I did. Does anyone know how to get in touch with them have called and sent emails thank you

Replies:
Subject: World's hotel available North Star Hotel. 14 minutes from convention center

Author:
Karen Brunelle (Alert)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:59:45 01/15/20 Wed

Looking to sell hotel to North Star Hotel Ireland from April 7 to April 13, this is 14 minutes to convention center. It has a double bed and a single bed. You can call me at 860-235-0618.

Subject: Shamrock School Feis

Author:
Sheila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:37 01/14/20 Tue

Hi everyone, I posted a message earlier about Hotel room rate , & I don't see it here, so I'm posting it again.
The Farmington Courtyard by Marriott, is offering $109 room rate for Saturday, February 1st. To get this rate, when making your reservation, just mention that you are part of the Shamrock School room rate, otherwise the rate is $119. This rate is not listed on our Syllabus, but the address for the hotel is. We look forward to welcoming all of you to our Feis on Super Bowl Sunday. We always get e feis done in plenty of time for your Super Bowl party

Replies:
Subject: Don’t forget to sign up for the Shamrock School Winter feis! Feis is Sunday February 2nd. Syllabus on our website

Author:
Shamrock Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:05 01/08/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: You know what would give me a pick-me-up on this gray, cold, mid-January day? Information about the days-only NAIDC schedule along with info on when we book hotels. Sunny summer thoughts. That's what I need.

Author:
Carry on
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:04:03 01/13/20 Mon

Subject: 10 Month Old Gavin Dress for Sale!!

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:01 01/12/20 Sun

10 month old Eire Designs dress for sale, only worn 7 times due to injury. Dress stands out on stage with its unique purple, pink, and neon yellow colouring. It truly shines on stage with the hundreds of large Swarovski crystals covering the entire dress! Dress stored flat in a smoke free home. Measured flat. We are open on the price, please contact for more information.

Google drive link available with all the measurement photos and videos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CqAkUw1wHGVZ2yGx5z6ojbAaVEqNwPjF?usp=sharing

Posted on feisdresses at this link: http://www.feisdresses.com/ads/eire-designs-10-month-old-standout-dress/

Thanks!

Subject: NEO and Nationals

Author:
Juli
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:55:40 01/01/20 Wed

Now that NEO are over I have a question about Nationals. My sons school had many competing at NEO’s but how do we know who goes to Nationals? Are nationals all the 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each dance? What about teams, how does that work?

Replies:
Subject: Quick reminder that the Murray Winter Feis, (Sunday Jan. 19) entry deadline is tomorrow night! No wigs costumes or bling- just Black Out! Join us for a relaxed day of dancing! Adjudicators: Janey McGardle Ryan, IRE; Chris Ryan, IRE; Patty Farrah FL; Sandra Connick NC; Maureen Collins NY; Karyn Oster NY; Cathy Spencer Revis NY; Maggie Revis Basenberg NH; & our MA judges- Maureen Greene O'Leary, John Cunniffe, and Sheila Cloherty. Musicians: Linda & Tony Rutheford, Billy Keller, David Yates

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:58 01/09/20 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Who’s out for NAN’s

Author:
Judges out today
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:07 01/07/20 Tue

Replies:
Subject: The Garden State Feis is now open for entries at FeisWeb.com. The syllabus will be posted on our website shortly. We look forward to seeing everyone on March 1st!

Author:
GSF Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:42:55 01/09/20 Thu

Subject: Does anyone know if Holy Cross has an Irish dance club/group? Thanks!!

Author:
Feismum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:31:32 01/01/20 Wed

Replies:
Subject: IS THERE A LIST OF ADJUDICATORS FOR HPK FEIS.

Author:
ENTRY DEPENDS ON IT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:55:45 01/03/20 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if Holy Cross has an Irish dance club/group? Thanks!!

Author:
Feismum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:46:26 01/02/20 Thu

Thanks, all. I didn’t see it on the website either, so was curious if anyone that goes there knew. I would think there are a few dancers that go there! Not sure my daughter will end up there, but all good to know! Thanks!

Subject: HAPPY “BIRTHDAY,” DANCERS!!

Author:
:)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:56:01 01/01/20 Wed

Keep making New England proud. <3

Subject: The NH BLACKOUT Murray Academy Winter Feis Jan 19th Judges and Musicians Up-dated Below!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:18:55 12/30/19 Mon

Only 3 more weeks until the feis and we are looking forward to see many of you there! Closing date Jan 10th, sign up now to avoid the late fees starting Jan 5th!

* For full details visit:
https://cararince.weebly.com/winter-feis.html

* To register visit:
www.Feisweb.com

Judges:
Janey McArdle—IRE
Patty Darrah—FL
Karyn Oster—NY
Cathy Spencer Revis—NY
Maureen Collins—NY
John O’Keefe—CT
Maureen Greene O’Leary—MA
John Cunniffe—MA
Sandra Connick -NC
Maggie Revis Basenberg—NH

Musicians:
Billy Keller
David Yates
Linda and Tony Rutherford

Replies:
Subject: Hotel Room for Worlds available-Maldron Hotel

Author:
Joanne
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:07 12/27/19 Fri

I have one hotel room available at the Maldron Hotel Pearse Street-Dublin.
The room has 1 double/queen bed and 1 single
Includes Breakfast. Price is 180 Euro/night
This hotel is very close to the venue
Please reply below if you are interested.
Dates are flexi, but change to booking needs to be done asap.
Thanks for checking!

Replies:
Subject: The BLACKOUT Murray Academy Winter Feis Judges and Musicians Listed Below!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:49:23 12/27/19 Fri

We hope you are all enjoying the holidays! Only 3 more weeks until the feis and we are looking forward to see many of you there!

Judges:
Janey McArdle—IRE
Patty Darrah—FL
Karyn Oster—NY
Cathy Spencer Revis—NY
Maureen Collins—NY
John O’Keefe—CT
Maureen Greene O’Leary—MA
John Cunniffe—MA
Sheila Bremer—MA
Maggie Revis Basenberg—NH

Musicians:
Billy Keller
David Yates
Linda and Tony Rutherford

Replies:
Subject: February Vacation Camp - Medford MA - Early Bird Registration

Author:
Hannah DeRusha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:47:39 12/12/19 Thu

Interested in "Step into a Story," a new February Vacation Irish Dance Theater Camp for ages 7 to 12 in Medford, MA?

Early Bird registration ENDS in 3 days on Sunday December 15th. Register now to save $50 off regular prices!

Put on by Hannah DeRusha Dance, presented by O'Riley Irish Dance.

www.hannahderusha.com/februaryvacation

Replies:
Subject: The Shamrock School Winter Feis is now open on Feisweb!

Author:
Shamrock Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:27:16 12/19/19 Thu

The Shamrock School Winter Feis is now open and accepting online entries/payments! Sunday, February 2nd, 2020. Syllabus, adjudicators, and musicians can be found on our website shamrockdancect.com

Subject: http://www.irishdancingorg.com/web/

Author:
Are you leaving?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:18:44 12/13/19 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know when sign ups for the belt competition will be?

Author:
And what website. Thank you
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:04:22 12/12/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: So are there any New England schools out for worlds?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:57:44 12/13/19 Fri

Subject: Did you know there is a Reddit sub for Irish dance?

Author:
r/IrishDance
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:12:53 12/10/19 Tue

Check it out. An Irish Dance forum on a Reddit. You can still be anonymous but have am the conveniences of a modern social media platform

r/IrishDance

Replies:
Subject: February Vacation Camp - Irish Dance Theater

Author:
Hannah DeRusha
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:41:36 11/18/19 Mon

Calling all metro-Boston-area Irish dancers ages 7 to 12 for February Vacation!

Introducing "Step into a Story," a new Irish Dance Theater Camp in Medford, MA from Hannah DeRusha Dance.

During this week-long camp, children will combine the steps of Irish dance with theatrical storytelling, turning a folk tale into a dance performance. Students will learn and drill new steps, creatively apply dances they know to a new project, and explore basic theater techniques (such as costume design) and improvisation games. The week will culminate in a fun performance for parents and friends. Open to dancers from any school, 2+ years of experience preferred!

www.hannahderusha.com/februaryvacation

Replies:
Subject: adjudicators for Pender Keady?

Author:
thank you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:57 12/11/19 Wed

Subject: Many Mid-Atlantic schools are leaving CLRG because of their blind eye given to sexual predators. Are there any NE schools also leaving?

Author:
Parent and former dancer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:56:02 12/08/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: When will the judges for worlds be posted?

Author:
Jsjsjd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:49:22 12/09/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: What will New England Region do?

Author:
Hmmmm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:51:09 12/10/19 Tue

Today, the Mid-Atlantic Region issued a statement regarding the three sexual assault lawsuits in which they were named as Defendants, however the statement was only provided via email to Irish dance teachers in the Region and not to the Irish Dance community as a whole.

What exactly is the Mid-Atlantic Region hiding? Why are they not releasing a public statement to the parents and dancers?

I suggest that parents email their dance teachers and request a copy of the statement, because it is abundantly clear that the leadership of the Mid-Atlantic Region is not truly committed to the safety of its dancers and their families.

Subject: Lost Zuca Bag

Author:
Lost unicorm
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:41 12/09/19 Mon

Lavendar unicorn and rainbow Zuca lost at Realt na Nollag Feis Dec. 1, 2019. It was not turned in at Lombardo's nor to the host school. I'm hoping someone mistanely took it since it is such a popular pattern of Zucas. The bag contains dancer's shoes and sentimental/personal items. Hoping for a Christmas miracle!! Thank you!

Subject: Grades

Author:
Dancersmom3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:21 12/08/19 Sun

Does anyone know if grades will be offered in New England soon?

Replies:
Subject: New Children of the World book is out

Author:
Christie Sever (Happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:25:29 12/06/19 Fri

Just a quick message for all of you who read my first book, "Sound the Warning," about the time-traveling kids who visit 18th-century Ireland. Book 2 is now out and available on Amazon.com. The title is "The Magic March." More information is available on my website childrenoftheworldbooks.wordpress.com. Enjoy!

Replies:
Subject: Lawsuits

Author:
__
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:30:06 12/05/19 Thu

A male Irish dance teacher is accused of sexual assault of another Irish dance teacher in one of three lawsuits filed against CLRG, IDTANA, the Mid Atlantic Region.

A male Irish dance teacher within the CLRG competitive Irish dance organization has been accused of sexual assault in one of three lawsuits that were re-filed on December 4 at the Bergen County Superior Court in New Jersey.

While IrishCentral has only received a copy of one of the three lawsuits, the lawyers representing the plaintiffs have confirmed that the other two lawsuits involve minors. The three lawsuits were filed in New Jersey after that state had increased its statute of limitations on sexual abuse claims.

In the newly re-filed lawsuits, the three plaintiffs, one per lawsuit, are named using the pseudonyms Jack Doe, John Doe, and Pat Doe.

CLRG (An Coimisiún Le Rincí Gaelacha), IDTANA (The Irish Dance Teachers Association of North America), the Mid Atlantic Region, and the New England Region are named as defendants in Jack Doe's lawsuit, which also lists "D.T." and the "ABC School of Irish dance."

While D.T. is a fictionalized name, he is characterized as a male Irish dance teacher who is a resident of New Jersey.

ABC School of Irish dance is described as "a corporation organized under the laws of the State of New Jersey providing instruction in Irish dance to students in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Maryland and with a business address in the State of New Jersey. "

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irish-dance-sexual-assault-lawsuits?fbclid=IwAR3YSXAuVC9PlGCLlR8Pg0mZovQ9q9_luYjSP9qTAfjru5V_j508EO6kmf0

Replies:
Subject: https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irish-dance-sexual-assault-lawsuits

Author:
read it New England Region
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:23 12/05/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: I know this is a longshot, but does anyone have an extra patch from NAIDC 2014? It was my dancer's first major, and I'm not sure I even knew to get one!

Author:
Thank you!!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:51 12/04/19 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Am I missing something? I tried to book a room for the Leap Year/ NE Reg. double feis weekend and there is NOTHING available. There are only 39 kids registered for one feis and the other isn't even open yet. I am all about a double feis weekend before Worlds but Dublin is expensive enough without an additional $500 dollar hotel stay. Anyone know if more rooms will be released and when??

Author:
Frustrated
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:07:04 12/01/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Retired from competing and have some items I no longer need

Author:
SL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:51:14 12/01/19 Sun

Hi All, I've recently decided to stop competing and am looking to sell/give away some of my competition gear. I have a Kelso travel wedge in emerald green. I *believe* it's a small but it might be a medium - easily fits two dresses. (https://kelsocustomcovers.com/product/travel-wedge/) - $30.

I also have a double Francesca bun wig and a Robyn wig in dark brown (I believe a 6 or an 8, but I'm not sure). Both gently used but in good condition. I'd be willing to give these away.

Preference to anyone who can come pick them up, I'm in the somerville area. Please email with questions.

Replies:
Subject: The 2nd Annual BLACKOUT Murray Academy Winter feis is on Feisweb!

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:00:56 12/03/19 Tue

The 2nd Annual Murray Academy Winter Feis is open on Feisweb. Sunday, January 19, 2020. We hit cap early last year, sign up ASAP so you don't miss out!
Can't wait to see you all there!
Register now at https://feisweb.com/Feis/MWF20

BLACKOUT FEIS!

Wig Free & Feis!

Subject: HQ—is there any chance some of the smaller open comps will be combined?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:10:32 11/30/19 Sat

I know this is last minute, but looking at the weather, I didn’t know if maybe some of the older groups with only 4 dancers might be combined to move the day along and get people home safely. I’m sure some people will choose not to risk it so the comps will be even smaller. I just don’t want to drive there to find out my daughter missed her competition because things got moved up. We are planning on going early just in case, but I thought I’d through the question out there in case anyone who is in the know has any information.
Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Thank you HQ for posting the schedule for Sunday! Always love your Feis! Any chance there's a list of judges ? Thank you!!!

Author:
feisy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:18:38 11/27/19 Wed

Replies:
Subject: HS Seniors

Author:
NE Dance Parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:25:32 11/26/19 Tue

Just want to give a shout out to our New England High School Seniors. For some, 2019 was their last Oireachtas. Well done, everyone. Thank you for the many years of entertaining dancing and thank you for being a great group that exhibits the highest level of sportsmanship and support for each other.

Replies:
Subject: How do we buys the videos?

Author:
The figure cheorographys were amazing.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:05:48 11/26/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: So now that all is said and done, curious if anyone had trouble bringing food in this weekend? Security seemed to be much more relaxed about people sitting on the radiators in the halls, at least

Author:
Still struggling with food options
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:29:17 11/25/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: This is the last week to register for the December 15th Christmas Feis on www.feisweb.com. We look forward to seeing everyone.

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:59 11/26/19 Tue

Subject: Message from your moderator...

Author:
NE Mod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:23:56 11/25/19 Mon

It's hard to believe that I have to keep saying this, but apparently I do. I want to be very clear: I will not tolerate any bashing of dancers, however one tries to word it. Judges are allowed to judge their former students once it's been over 2 years since they were last associated. Dancers' placements should not be denigrated by alleged adults who wish to snipe. Dancers have no control over who their judges will be.
Furthermore, I've had just about enough of the nonsense posted by NJ-based "danceparent12345" as well as the poster using the New York State Education Department server to post tripe on here. Surely your employer would like you to make better use of your time. If it continues I'll post both of your locations and then I'll ban you.

Replies:
Subject: Were there no patches this year at NEO? Or did we miss something?

Author:
Patchless dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:41:33 11/24/19 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Looking at the schedule for tomorrow, I see there is a Trad Set 17+ comp and an Adult Trad Set comp. I never thought about this before, but what is the difference between the two groups? Wouldn't adults belong in the 17+ group? Are there guidelines as far as who can compete in which group if they are 18+?

Author:
newly curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:23 11/22/19 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Feis in Randolph this weekend. Questions. Anyone know if the vendors, adjudicators, etc are posted anywhere? Also, will there be a dress room? Thank you.

Author:
Just curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:44:47 11/25/19 Mon

Subject: Transfer question. If a dancer moves at least 80 miles from their home and finds a new school is the 6 month ban in effect?

Author:
ID mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:27 11/23/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Senior Ladies?

Author:
-
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:06:52 11/24/19 Sun

Results from the senior ladies competition? Following from home.

Replies:
Subject: What is the formula again for worlds at the O this weekend

Author:
1sttime
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:30:09 11/19/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Gems on dress

Author:
First time o mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:06:01 11/21/19 Thu

So my dancer just walked in and handed me a handful if gems and said they need to be put back on her dress. What's the best way to apply these

Replies:
Subject: Irish Dance Parent Union FaceBook Page

Author:
danceparent12345
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:02 11/18/19 Mon

Check out the IDP Facebook page. Really great and positive information on it!

The IDP Union is a parent's advocacy group to support both parents and dancers on their journey through the world of competitive Irish dancing. Our hope is to collectively contribute to the physical and emotional well-being and safety of Irish dancers and their parents, as well as to promote fairness and integrity in the sport.

IDP understands that being the parent of an Irish Dancer can be both rewarding and challenging. This is an advocacy page whose purpose is to empower parents to maintain a safe environment for their kids to compete in.

Replies:
Subject: Will they be checking bags this weekend for food or can I walk right in there with my Dunkin and my grocery bag filled with sandwiches and chips and a flask filled with mom juice

Author:
Wonder
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:25:22 11/20/19 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Just noticed on p.16 of syllabus that U15 dancing 3 at a time for hard shoe -- thought this ended at U14

Author:
ConcernedMA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:16:34 11/07/19 Thu

This is so dangerous! These kids are getting bigger, stronger, faster and more powerful. There's no room on the stage for this. Mid-Atlantic states "Dancers in age groups u14 and younger will dance 3 at a time for the hard shoe round, 2 at a time for soft shoe
round. Dancers in u15 and older age groups will dance 2 at a time for both hard shoe and soft shoe." Why is NERO different?

Replies:
Subject: Kindness counts...and other thoughts on the eve of Oireachtas

Author:
Old dance mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:03:57 11/18/19 Mon

This year my youngest daughter may be dancing in her last Oireachtas before she graduates. Having spent many a weekend at the O's, here are some thoughts:

Remember to be kind. You don't know if the person sitting next to you is the friend or relative of the dancer/judge/teacher you are discussing. If you can't say anything nice, just be quiet.

Clean up after yourself. Pick up your water bottles, your tape, your bobby pins, your food wrappers etc. Besides the risk of ruining a $2500 dress, it's just common courtesy.

Be patient. Yes, you are stressed out beyond all imagining, perhaps you are running from ballroom to ballroom to be there for multiple children dancing AT THE EXACT SAME TIME and there is a group of people in your way, don't run them over, they don't understand what is running through your head or why you are charging down the escalator like a maniac. By Sunday we are all tired, emotionally exhausted, sick of crowds, and done hearing the same Irish dance tunes for 8 hours (or more), a little patience in the food/beverage line can go a long way toward making everyone have a better experience.

Be considerate. Move out of the way when there are dancers on the stage. Everyone should be able to watch his or her child dance without having to strain his or her neck around someone who is putting a dress away in the third row. Also, make room for people to sit down. It's hot and exhausting for everyone, having the back of the room clogged with people looking for a seat doesn't help the noise level or overall vibe of the room.

Be responsible for your non-dancing children and relatives. Grandma and Auntie Sue don't necessarily know feis etiquette, prep them in advance about not recording and not sitting in the front row etc. Younger siblings (and sometimes older ones as well) get bored spending a long day in a dance hall, it's no wonder they are running around and throwing tape balls and water bottles. While I can understand the difficulty in entertaining younger siblings while getting a dancer ready, I don't want your kid hitting my daughter in the head with a water bottle (yes, that happened) running across her dress (that too, different daughter), or slamming into her as she is trying to mentally prepare herself for the next round. When possible, I left my younger ones home. When that wasn't possible, I brought a baby sitter. When they were all dancing, I hired an older dancer (who wasn't dancing that day) to keep an eye on the younger ones who had already danced so I could focus on the ones dancing that day. No, this isn't possible for everyone, but there are ways to keep an eye on younger siblings and prevent them from running around like crazy.

And last but not least, enjoy the day. Embrace the chaos, the emotions, the glitter, the friendships and the joy. This is a short period in your child's life, not the end all, be all of his or her existence. Take the long view that this is one weekend that ten years from now will be a memory--make it a fond one. Whether they place or not will not really change the course of their lives (even though it feels like that at the moment). Enjoy the time with your child, even if she is crabbing at you for poking her head with bobby pins. Believe it or not, you may miss this when it is over.

(This went on much longer than I had planned...sort of like a feis)

Replies:
Subject: When does the dress room open at the Oireachtas? Thinking Thursday? ? time

Author:
thnx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:30:17 11/15/19 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Congrats UNH Fia-Chait Irish Dance Club on Intercollegiate Success!(more inside)

Author:
Fia-Chait Mom (proud)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:35:16 11/17/19 Sun

Woo hoo - First time taking a road trip to compete in the Intercollegiate Irish Festival at Villanova and UNH's Irish Dance club Fia-Chait (Wildcat) rocked it! Thinking of attending UNH next year? Already go to UNH? Come see Fia-Chait's fall showcase at UNH on 12/8 @1:30pm - Stafford Room in the UNH Memorial Union building. SO fun!!

Subject: Anyone have a room at marriott for friday night?

Author:
Long shot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:31:21 11/14/19 Thu

If anyone has a room at marriott for friday night they are trying to get rid of, I would be interested.

Replies:
Subject: So sad to hear the news of the passing of Tim O’Hare. He was a nice man and a great announcer/MC of Nationals. Too young.

Author:
May he RIP.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:49 11/12/19 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know if the practice room is open Thursday night?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:58 11/12/19 Tue

Is the practice room open Thursday night

Replies:
Subject: Anyone need to give up room at Marriott for just Saturday night?

Author:
Long shot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:55 11/12/19 Tue

Subject: Schedule is out for NEO

Author:
Dd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:52 11/11/19 Mon

Finally out. Go to Rita O’Shea web site or her Facebook page

Replies:
Subject: Entries for the Dec 15th Christmas feis are open on www.feisweb.com. We are offering 2nd Chance prelim!

Author:
Feis committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:32:53 11/11/19 Mon

Subject: NEO makeup and hair

Author:
Dance mom ct
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:53 11/05/19 Tue

Hello - anyone have a recommendation for hair makeup artist with availability for Oireachtas?

Replies:
Subject: NEW Block hotels..

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:51:21 11/05/19 Tue

What is the charge if you did not get into one of the block hotels? First timer.

Replies:
Subject: Schedule

Author:
Conn Mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:45:33 11/05/19 Tue

Could someone please explain why the schedule is not yet posted for Orieachtas?

Replies:
Subject: NEO First Timer

Author:
Mickey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:28:09 11/04/19 Mon

This will be our first NEO. Any tips or suggestions? I’ll take anything you’ve got.

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know what time the vendors open on Thursday 21st?

Author:
DM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:17:20 11/05/19 Tue

Or remember the likely opening time from previous years?

Replies:
Subject: In Block Room at Hilton 11/22-11/24

Author:
4IDkids
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:09:25 11/05/19 Tue

I have a room in the block at the Hilton for the nights of 11/22 & 11/23. Thought I would offer it here and try not to lose my deposit. Any takers? Rate with all taxes and fees is about $165/night.

Subject: Anyone see a list of adjudicators for the Dec. 1 Feis in Randolph? Can't seem to find it. Thank you!

Author:
sligo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:36:12 11/04/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Quick Poll! What your local recs for restaurants in the Hartford area during O weekend? Also, do pizza places deliver to the hotels or is that not allowed? thanks!

Author:
OMom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:38:53 10/07/19 Mon

Replies:
Subject: I know I should be patient! But any guesses of when the final time schedule will be out for NEO? Looking to book hair/makeup and just to try to be more organized generally!

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:01:02 10/31/19 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Selling 16 Jubilee Tiles (all black) - located south of Boston

Author:
JC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:50:43 10/31/19 Thu

Great for setting up a practice floor or for carrying with you for shows. These tiles are well used, but are in good condition.

Asking $200 for the set ($12.50/tile compared with $48/tile new).
Please email if interested.

For more info on Jubilee Tiles, check out their website: https://www.jubileedancefloor.com

Replies:
Subject: Need a black leotard for dance-out or black-out feis? Brand new Ladies Medium available - still in package, never opened. $20 Bought wrong size. See link https://www.amazon.com/Speerise-Sleeve-Adult-Ballet-Leotards/dp/B01HTDEFEM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549741271&sr=8-3&keywords=speerise%2Blong%2Bsleeve%2Badult%2Bballet%2Bdance%2Bleotard&th=1&psc=1 . $20

Author:
Jess
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:57:14 02/09/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Has anyone been charged for their Oireachtas hotel deposit? It said it was supposed to be drawn on the 30th for the Marriott but I don't see anything. TIA!

Author:
Nervous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:33:47 11/02/19 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Southern CT State Feis Hotel Info

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:08:11 10/23/19 Wed

The hotel block for our feis at the Trumbull Marriott Shelton is now open. You may book your room at the following link- https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1571773671860&key=GRP&app=resvlink&fbclid=IwAR3nhF9_owk3dgIqMkvk-m0WpaAoPFWZ4cXlkuqh_pP4bqBkx84xU24sB1Q
or by calling central reservations at 1.800.682.4095 and asking for the Lenihan School Southern CT State Feis Room Block. The room rate is $109/night and the last day to book is 10/28. The hotel is conveniently located less than 2 miles away from the feis venue.

Replies:
Subject: Looks Like you can already pre-order NEO 2019 spirit wear. On NEO 2019Instagram

Author:
schedule please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:48:40 11/01/19 Fri

Subject: The December 15th Christmas Feis is now offering 2nd Chance Prelim competitions. Entrees are open on www.feisweb.com

Author:
Feis Committee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:06:35 11/01/19 Fri

Subject: Schools nhttps://www.clrg.ie/images/Social_Media_Guidelines_for_all_Registered_Teachers.pdfeed to watch what they post before majors -

Author:
follow rules
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:22:57 10/31/19 Thu

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]345678 ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-7
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.