VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Tuesday, October 17, 11:15:54pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]

http://johnthaw.topcities.com/images/Thaw

Why not be the first to try out our new John Thaw live chat room?

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

This forum is a courtesy of JOHN THAW 1942-2002

Subject: Current Morse/Lewis happenings in England

Author:
Ken Burt
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 27, 10:09:06pm

I will be in England, including five days in Oxford in July. I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything related to the Morse or Lewis serieses that I might catch. I know John Thaw and the whole series will be much on my mind throughout my stay. I've been to England before, but never Oxford. I think I remember once seeing a posting here from someone who got to actually be an extra in a Lewis episode. To me it is amazing that a series, and the actors who made it come alive, can seem such a part of us. Obviously, I never knew John Thaw, but his creation is a part of my psyche. I bet his Morse would have thought that silly!
Replies:
Subject: Coming to blu-ray and dvd!

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 09, 12:07:28pm

Don't know if any of you have a blu-ray player but if you do then REGAN is being released on blu-ray on 10th October by Network!

Also on DVD, is vol. 2 of Armchair Theatre, this is only available till 9th March 2012, then it will be discontinued, it contains the single drama COMPETITION, originally screened on ITV on 5th October 1971, starring John Thaw of course.

If you want to see the cover of this dvd and the cover of the blu-ray then head over to my blog where i will post this along with a discription of Competiton for anyone who hasn't heard of it. http://endeavour-johnthaw.blogspot.com/
Subject: YouTube

Author:
Paula
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 07, 01:36:15pm

Does anyone know how you download a YouTube clip to keep, in case it gets taken off? As there are a few I'd like to watch more then once or twice.
Thanks PJ
Subject: john thaw enquiry

Author:
greg hay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 26, 10:22:28am

As a long term fan of the great man there is one thing that has always puzzled me (his right leg). Certainly in the Inspector Morse series his right foot is floppy when he is seen walking. Can anybody tell what the reason is please.
Replies:
Subject: The remorseful day

Author:
stef (:-()
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 14, 11:21:07pm

Just got my box set , have seen most of them so many times but i always cry at the end, I used to watch with my mum when i was wee and continued when i left home! My children have the honour of being the only children in their primary class of knowing who inspector morse is! how sad. Im sure after they watch good night mr tom he will have a whole new young group of fans :-)
Subject: Anniversary of John's Death

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 21, 11:28:16pm

Yesterday 21st Feb was the anniversary of John’s death in 2002. I hope his family still realises that millions of people still appreciate John’s work and continue to watch his peformances over the years. John is still an international Treasure and still loved by many!

Here in Australia we are FINALLY enjoying a re-run of the Morse series AND The Sweeney. It's decades since the Sweeney was run here..so it's great to see Jack back in full force!
Replies:
Subject: John thaw

Author:
Stef L
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 30, 07:59:09pm

I've just discovered this site and looked forward to learning more about John Thaw, what a shame that the community area has been filled with adverts! Ive been a fan of his for several years, I like the little references to morse in the Lewis series, gone but never forgotten.
Replies:
Subject: Any new John coming out?

Author:
Stevo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, February 20, 11:29:05am

Does anyone know if anything new on John is coming out this year?
Cheers Stevo
Replies:
Subject: happy christmas

Author:
meyer Martine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 12:24:47pm

such a long time I didn't go on the forum !! I wish you all a happy christmas and happy new year from France Martine
Replies:
Subject: CBE

Author:
Steveo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, December 30, 10:40:32pm

Sheila Hancock has been given a CBE (same as John had) in the New Year's Honours list. just in case anyone is interested.
Replies:
  • Re: CBE -- Gisèle, Saturday, January 01, 10:42:36am
Subject: award

Author:
mfr (discombobulated)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, November 25, 04:00:17pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11838963
Replies:
  • Re: award -- leila, Friday, November 26, 10:01:02am
Subject: John Thaw Foundation Christmas Card

Author:
Clare Eden
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, November 02, 10:26:25am

Just wanted to let you know about the John Thaw Foundation Christmas Card - the first time we've done one and it is both a fundraiser and to help let more people know about the work we do helping underprivileged and disadvantaged children and young people, giving them opportunities they wouldn't otherwise have!

It's based on a joke relating to the OVER THE RAINBOW BBC TV series Sheila was in earlier in the year and sells at £6.99 for a pack of ten cards (plus P&P with the price depending on how many packs). If anyone would like to see the card email me and I'll send you a copy of it to look at. And please tell all your friends and families too!

best wishes, Clare Eden
for SHEILA HANCOCK and the JOHN THAW FOUNDATION
Replies:
Subject: Hey All

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 12:37:19pm

Hello All,

I just thought I'd let you all know that I've passed my Masters degree. Found out today, that' I've finally done it.

Love

Leila
Replies:
  • Re: Hey All -- sandra (happy), Monday, October 25, 12:48:59pm
  • Re: Hey All -- Clare Eden, Tuesday, November 02, 10:15:33am
  • Re: Hey All -- Theresa H, Wednesday, November 03, 02:57:15am
  • Re: Hey All -- Janet, Friday, November 05, 02:31:33pm
Subject: Message from Janet

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, November 03, 03:00:22am

Hello everyone. Janet has asked me to pass on to you all that she is having trouble with her Yahoo email address and asks that if anyone wants to contact her, please use her other address for now. It is regan59@supanet.com

She also has been unable to access the John Thaw Forum, for ages, for some reason. So she apologises for not being able to contribute to the Forum recently. It’s driving her mad!

Janet thinks it might be all the spam that is preventing her from accessing the forum. Although, I’m always able to get on to the Forum alright. But perhaps it’s affecting her account differently. I’ve emailed Joe to ask him to clear the spam, and he is always prompt in doing so if he is told about it. If anyone wants to contact Joe in the future, when you notice an overload of spam, his address is HorodyskiJ@aol.com

Thanks from me (and Janet)!
Theresa H
Subject: New Morse/Lewis tour for 2011

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 26, 08:47:11pm

Please find down the right-hand side under Link lists on my blog http://endeavour-johnthaw.blogspot.com/ an added adition for a new Morse/Lewis tour next year, it's from Brit Movie tours, who asked me if i would put it on and i'm happy too.

So i thought just in case anyone here doesn't know my blog i'd post the info for you to go and check it out, if i posted the link here it would disappear of the page in a few weeks, where as on my blog it's there till i take it off.
Subject: oxford

Author:
sandra (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 10, 04:38:23am

hi guys,
I´m in Oxford at the moment for the insp morse soc weekend and yesterday I saw some signs in the street± LWS LOC. can´t mean anything else than A NEW LEWIS! will talk to you later!
sandra
Replies:
  • Re: oxford -- Janet, Friday, September 10, 10:39:28pm
Subject: New on BLU-RAY...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 13, 09:51:51pm

On 11th October on blu-ray, Goodnight Mister Tom is being released, and i for one can't wait! Because so far there is only one other blu-ray disc out and that's Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, which i already have. So if you have a blu-ray player then add this to your collection, because as i'm sure you are aware this is an excellent drama and well worth having on this format.
Regards
Janet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goodnight-Mister-Blu-ray-John-Thaw/dp/B003WOLF4G/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1281746629&sr=1-1

PS: It's also being digitially remastered onto dvd too, same date applies. Here is the link for the dvd version.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goodnight-Mister-Tom-Digitally-Remastered/dp/B003XU7N7C/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1281747051&sr=1-2
Replies:
Subject: Vote for people's detective...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 09:56:45pm

Now is your chance to vote for your favourite TV detective of all time as part of 'The People's Detective' Dagger, which will be presented at The Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards.

So get voting...

http://www.itv.com/drama/crimethrillerawards/endeavourmorse/
Subject: THE ONEDIN LINE IS ON UK TV...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 28, 12:24:15pm

Just to let anyone in the UK know channel YESTERDAY is showing the series THE ONEDIN LINE, from Monday-Friday at 7pm, it started this Monday but due to health issues this is the first chance i've had to let you all know.

If you want to look out for John's episode it's called MUTINY and is episode 11 and if you like it the entire first series is available on dvd.

Used to love watching this in the early 70s when it was first screened, sadly i missed John's episode then because i was in hospital, so i'm pleased to have it on dvd and see it on tv again.
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.