VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Friday, December 15, 04:26:23amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

http://johnthaw.topcities.com/images/Thaw

Why not be the first to try out our new John Thaw live chat room?

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

This forum is a courtesy of JOHN THAW 1942-2002

Subject: Seeing Sheila in Sister Act.

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 07:24:56pm

Hi all

I've had my exam timetable and my last exam is on the 3rd Of June. so we can go anytime after that, if people are still going

Love Leila
Replies:
Subject: Sheila Hancock

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 12, 11:50:53am

Hey all

Little interview for you all

FROM: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/showbiz/s/1101849_life_goes_on_for_a_wife_less_ordinary

Life goes on for a wife less ordinary
Ian Wylie
March 12, 2009

SHEILA Hancock realised that her husband John Thaw would not survive. “I knew he was going to die,” she reflects.

The couple discovered he had cancer some nine months before she was, sadly, proved correct.

“John did his usual – he was going to be all right – and he was, up until about three days before he died he was absolutely amazing.

“Bereavement is a process that everybody in their life will go through and until you’ve done it you don’t know how mad you go.

“There comes a time after about three months when people say, ‘How are you?’ And if you keep saying, ‘I feel awful,’ then they get bored with it and are thinking, ‘Oh, shut up.’”

Actress, campaigner and writer Sheila, 76, wrote best-selling book The Two Of Us about her relationship with the Manchester-born star of Inspector Morse, The Sweeney and many other productions.

One of Britain’s favourite actors, he died in February 2002 at the age of 60. Burnage-raised John and Sheila were married for 30 years.

She talks about their time together as the latest subject for Piers Morgan’s Life Stories (ITV1, Sunday, 10pm), a series which has attracted a peak audience of over five million viewers.

Former newspaper editor Piers asks: “You must miss him dreadfully?” Sheila replies: : “I don’t miss him dreadfully, no, it’s six years now.

“I had this terrible seizure in Venice. We’d been to Venice many times and we’d never seen the real bronze horses, just the replicas.

“I used to try and drag him up the stairs to see the real horses but he said, ‘No, let’s have a coffee in the square.’ And this time on my own I saw them and I was gutted that he was never going to see them. So I had a bit of a do then. But on the whole, no. I’ve made a good life for myself. I’m very lucky.”

Asked how volatile their relationship was, she replies: “Very. John was an alcoholic, I’ve made no secret of that.”

Sheila believes he was probably an alcoholic when they first met. “I think so but it hadn’t really done him a lot of harm. He was a drinker. My first husband was a drinker, my father was a drinker. I like drinkers, I really do.

“But there is a fine line between being a fun drinker and being a boorish alcoholic.” She adds: “But I like tempestuous, you see.”

Sheila also talks about her own personal battle with cancer, when she coped without relying on John. “I cope very well on my own – when I got cancer I was devastated, but I though, ‘I’m going to fight this bloody thing.’ John could have supported me more but it wouldn’t have made any difference. I still had to do it on my own.”

She met John when they were cast together in stage comedy So What About Love? At first, she tried to get him thrown off the show. “I did, I’m afraid. He was very poor in it at rehearsal, he really was. He hadn’t done a lot of comedy.”

Sheila recalls the first meeting. “I was wearing – John often reminded me of this, and I wouldn’t wear it now – a full length red fox fur coat with a mini skirt. I came into the theatre and I said, ‘I’m so sorry, darling,’ and put down these bags. I looked across and there was this creature sneering towards me.

“I thought, ‘Right!’ So I went over and said, ‘So you’re John Thaw?’ And he didn’t even answer, he was so rude. All leather jacket and stubble. He just ignored me.

“We rehearsed for a week and he was absolutely awful, so I had a quiet talk and said, ‘Can we replace him?’ And they said, ‘No, there’s nobody available.’”

This fourth show in the six-part series also features filmed contributions from friends and family, including her daughters Joanna and Melanie Thaw.

“When I see what good mothers my own children are I feel really ashamed – they spend time with their kids. I was here, there and everywhere. I neglected them badly and when I was married to John it was a really obsessive marriage and they kind of came second a lot of the time.

"So I wasn’t a great mother but I’m glad I’ve got them now, I really am.”

Read Ian Wylie's TV Blog The Life Of Wylie

Love

Leila x
Subject: UK... Lewis Series 3 could be the last (read on)

Author:
Janet (Not happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 06, 10:11:57am

Taken from the Oxford Mail, this would be terrible news if the case. I personally wish they would get rid of all the soaps and what they call entertainment shows over here, because i can't stand them.

Give me great drama that's what i want to see. I'll get of my soapbox now, shame we can't get a patishion (sorry for spelling blame having bin sick brain not working to good, ha-ha)somehow and send it in telling them we want Lewis to stay.
Regards Janet

By Tom Shepherd of Oxford Mail

The star of hit TV drama Lewis has hinted ITV cutbacks have put question marks over the popular drama.

Kevin Whately, who plays the title role, cast doubt over the future of the Inspector Morse spin-off during an interview with BBC radio presenter Simon Mayo.

ITV said no decision had been made on its future – but businesses which rely on tourists said it would be a blow.
The DJ quizzed the TV star in light of the “parlous state of finances at ITV”.

Mr Whately, 58, said it cost an enormous amount to film the drama.

He said: “It’s hugely expensive.

“One of the things I stipulated when they asked me to come back and do some more after (Morse star) John (Thaw) died was that they kept the same production values, and they have.

“It’s something I am very proud of.

“They look great, the films, but they are in trouble.”
He said other ITV dramas had already been told to expect “double digit” cuts to budgets.

When Mr Mayo suggested fans of Lewis should “treasure” the third series — which will be back on TV screens from March 22 — because it might be the last, Mr Whately replied: “Yup.”

Mr Mayo said: “It’s not the end of Lewis, is it?”
Mr Whately said any decision would depend on audience figures for the third series from this month. The series was filmed in Oxford last year.

Scenes from the four episodes were shot around the city centre, including Broad Street, High Street, the King’s Arms pub, the Randolph Hotel and at University College.
Morse author Colin Dexter said he believed the drama would be recommissioned.

He said: “I don’t think there’s any possibility of it packing up, provided we get good scripts.

“People enjoy the show and it’s one of ITV’s most popular dramas.”

ITV spokesman Peter Mares added: “We are waiting to hear about new commissions for dramas.

“At the moment there are no plans to decommission Lewis.
“We are not in pre-production in terms of having a crew ready to film the next series, but it’s only March.

“Last year we filmed from June to November.”
Oliver O’Dell, spokesman for Oxford city centre management company OX1, said the drama was “worth millions” to Oxford, because of the visitors it attracted.

He said: “It maintains the profile of the city in the public eye and it would be very sad if there wasn’t a fourth series.”

Ali Dunn, landlord of the King’s Arms pub, agreed.
He said: “It would definitely be a shame.

“There’s no doubt it brings a lot of tourists to the city.”

Anne Gallagher, of Oxford’s Tourist Information Centre, added: “Visitors want to follow in the footsteps of Morse and Lewis.

“We offer a tour on Saturdays which is always over-subscribed.”
Replies:
Subject: journée du souvenir

Author:
carole
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, February 21, 06:28:07am

triste jour qu est le 21 février
heureusement il nous laisse de merveilleux moment avec ses dvd .aujourd'hui je vais regarder les 2 saisons de kavanagh enfin en français je suis impatiente d avoir les autres.

John tu nous manque

pensez a ses fans et sa famille
carole aubagne France
Replies:
Subject: Sheila On ITV1

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 05:53:11pm

Hey all

sorry i'm not around much at the mo but uni and work have taken over my life so its not brilliant at the moment however Sheila is on ITV1 at 10.00pm till 11.00pm on Sunday 15th March 2009 on Piers Morgan's Life Stories

Radio Times.

Sunday 15 March
10:00pm - 11:00pm
ITV1 London
Piers Morgan chats to Sheila Hancock about her extraordinary life both on and off the stage, her volatile relationship with her late husband, the revered John Thaw, her battle with cancer, and how she opened the door for a generation of female actors.

Love

Leila
Subject: Today marks the 7th anniversary...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, February 21, 01:06:49am

of the sad passing of a wonderful British actor: John Thaw for whom this forum and website has been for. Thoughout his short life he bought pleasure to millions of people around the world and continues to do so today.

May we all spare a few minutes of our day to remember this truly remarkable actor and also his family who dearly miss him like we fans do.

We remember you John with love.
Love Janet
Manchester (John's hometown)
Replies:
Subject: Remeber

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 20, 08:22:21pm

'Today We remember John with Love'

Love Leila x
Subject: John's Anniversary

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 18, 04:32:40am

Hello all – I can’t believe it’s that time again! The 7th anniversary of John’s death on 21st February.

To remember John especially on that day, and as a mark of our on-going affection for him, let’s do the usual and pick something special to watch on the 21st?

Janet says she will be watching ‘Dinner at the Sporting Club’. Since it is one of my very favourites and I haven’t seen it for a while, I will watch that too. I’m also thinking to watch ‘The Grass is Singing’ and/or ‘Bofor’s Gun’. Both which I haven’t seen in a while.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers
Theresa H
Replies:
Subject: Sheila was on GMTV

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 11:36:07am

Hey all,

I've just found this interview if anyone is intrested, http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=33017

Sheila appears to have two fingers on her right hand tapped together, hope she's alright!

Love Leila
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.