VoyForums

Thursday, October 19, 08:16:10amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]

http://johnthaw.topcities.com/images/Thaw

Why not be the first to try out our new John Thaw live chat room?

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.comFree Java Chat from Bravenet.com

This forum is a courtesy of JOHN THAW 1942-2002

Subject: Sorry for not being around lately...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 22, 04:41:39pm

Hello everyone
Its been a long time since i was on here, had lots of problems with one thing or another, some of which are still not right, but i'm getting there.

I'm still sorting though thousands of photos on my laptop from my old desktop and that is time consuming not to mention boring, ha-ha!!

Also was having trouble getting on here for a while but fingers crossed everything is ok again now.

Some news the course i was on has bin cancelled and sadly couldn't carry on due to finances etc, managed to get some of the money i paid for the course back and then spent time thinking what to do next.

Well on Thursday after a lot of checking and researching i've got myself on a photography course online, it's something that's close to my heart and i just hope i pass it.

I've also had a few problems with my blog loading stuff there but that's all fine now, as i' m sure you will have seen from my recent posts.

The worst thing this year as last winter is my leg i've been suffering a lot of pain, and don't feel i'm very good company at present, and therefore don't want to burdon you all with it.

I hope to be back here more often as and when i can, and i'm very sorry for not keeping John's name alive here, as i promised i would back on 2002. But i've not forgotten him and never will, he's always with me in everything i do, and as soon as my leg behaves for any length of time i'll be puting more stuff on my blog and hope to sends some stuff to Joe.
Take care everyone
love Janet
Replies:
Subject: The Two Of Us

Author:
Elisabeth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 24, 08:02:34am

I just finished reading The Two Of Us, and it moved me to tears. Also my partner and I recently viewed all the Morse episodes again, much to our delight.
I would like to thank Sheila Hancock for a wonderful book, written by a brave and wonderful woman. John Thaw will not be forgotten for a very, very long time, I'm sure!
Elisabeth.(The Netherlands).
Subject: vacation

Author:
sandra (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 19, 02:58:13pm

hi all,

it's nearly vacation time here!
just one more week of school for the kids and than it's off southbound!
how are you all doing? seems to be very quiet on the forum!
would sister act still be playing in September??
still haven't seen it... hopefully it will happen soon!

will be taking some dvd with me on vacation; guess which ones!

bye you all, hope to hear from you soon!!!
love,
sandra
Replies:
  • Re: vacation -- Theresa H, Monday, July 20, 12:33:01am
    • Re: vacation -- Leila (tired but happy), Wednesday, July 22, 01:24:17pm
Subject: Did John Thaw limp/have leg trouble

Author:
Theresa
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, April 23, 08:36:01pm

Hi there,

My mom is a fan of John Thaw;she recently read Sheila Hancock's book about her life with him. She said there wasn't any mention of his walk/limp. Does anyone know anything about the reason he walked the way he did on screen? Thank you in advance.
Replies:
Subject: The two of us/Just me

Author:
Hazel (emotional)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 10:51:03am

This really is for you Sheila. I couldn't put "The two of us" down, it was so moving. I'm now in the middle of "Just Me" and I really feel for you that you are now on your own. I think that your attitude to overcoming losing John is wonderful and maybe might just help others in a similar position. A special thank you. Good health for the future. Hazel
Subject: Today we remember Ray Thaw...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 09, 07:31:24am

Today is the 5th anniversary of Ray's death, as everyone knows Ray was very kind to people of this forum/website and helped where he could regarding his famous brother.

Just letting his family know that we are thinking of him today he won't be forgotten.

RIP Ray
Love Janet
Manchester (home to the Thaw brothers)
Replies:
Subject: Sheila in Sister Act

Author:
Jo Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 03, 11:41:47am

Caught two quick glimpses of Sheila Hancock in her nun's habit on The View yesterday. I was hoping for an interview, but that didn't happen. She looked very proper. It was good to see her--even briefly.
Subject: Russell Brand v Sheila Hancock

Author:
Darrio
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, May 11, 09:02:41am

More of a message to Sheila, this.

Just wanted to say that I've just put down 'The Two of Us' and loved it. I've not cried so much into a book before, it was so descriptive; not only about things like Lucky, the brass bed, Kenneth Williams, garden paths and the blitz, but also such a tender expression of love.

It was just lovely to read and as ever with a decent biography, you feel so touched to the person in it. In this case, the two of you.

Finishing the book last night, this morning I went to Borders here in Melbourne to find another book that would satisfy the space yours left. My eyes must have widened slightly as I saw yours, picked it up and checked the pictures. But I put it down again. I thought I'd save it and I bought Russell Brand's instead.

Three pages in - and no offence to him, I shall enjoy his book later - but I realise I'd made a mistake. Tomorrow I must revisit Borders and buy your book. I like.

All the best, Darrio.
Subject: John Thaw DVD news from UK releases

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, May 09, 08:18:08am

For full information please check my blog, http://endeavour-johnthaw.blogspot.com/ where you will find details of both new DVDís of John that are being released next month along with DVD covers.

Just give me a few moments to type it all in then you can view it.
Regards Janet
Subject: The Two of Us

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, April 11, 05:31:48pm

I just finished listening to Sheila Hancock's The Two of Us: My Life with John Thaw. It is a beautiful tribute. I bought the CD because I greatly admired Mr. Thaw. Over 10 years ago, I even sent him the only fan letter I have ever sent. I must admit that Morse got me through some very hard times. I have taped most of the episodes. I think what attracted me that he was a very human, flawed character, as I feel I am. (he was also VERY hot, a feeling shared by many women of my generation.) The story of his life seems very close to his Morse character.
I also rarely buy book CDs and usually rent them or get them from the library but knew I would want to own this one.
Besides learning so much about John and Ms Hancock, her chronicle of her year+ journey in grief, interspersed with various poems and readings, was very inspiring. I am not trying to increase sales of her book, but I was VERY touched by her heartfelt sharing of her life with John and her pain over his death. I know a few women who have lost beloved partners in the past few years and plan to share this CD with them.
Replies:
Subject: lewis in France

Author:
meyer martine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 20, 04:06:00pm

so finally Lewis is coming !!! we will have the opportunity to see the serie next sunday on FR3 channel. I had the privilege to see the first episode on Internet this afternoon.
Replies:
Subject: the memorial bench dedication

Author:
sandra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 22, 07:34:21pm

hi all,
just got home from a three day visit to London.
spend yesterday with the insp. morse society and had a FANTASTIC time!
Colin Dexter was there with his lovely wife and Antony the chairman and around 56 other members.
unfortunately Sheila Hancock wasn't able to come, as she had a rehursal for Sister Act.
Antony called Colin a substitute; how wrong he was! he is such a very, very nice man!
I brought my eleven year old daughter along (yes, she loves morse as well); she instantly fell for Colin Dexter!
he talked to her about school (next year she'll be going to highschool; which in her case means half of the lessons in Dutch, and half in English and Latin as an extra) and it was especially this Latin which he thought was great for her. he used to be a Latin and Greek teacher, which I didn't know.
unfortunately he is loosing his sight. but not by any means his humor! he did a wonderful job of reveiling the bench.
afterwards he joined the whole bunch for lunch and even walked half way through London with us, on our way to RADA for a performance of Rookery Nook (which my daughter loved!)
Janet; shall I send you some photographs for your site??
Theresa; I did receive your mails, but just didn't find the time to answer them last week; will do next week!!!
take care all,
love,
sandra
Replies:
Subject: just testing

Author:
leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, April 03, 11:45:53am

Hello all,

just testing as Janet is telling me that her PC is not allowing her to post messages on here!
Replies:
Subject: Personal News.

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 02:24:15pm

Hi,

I know i've not been around much lately but this is due to a demanding work load for university. However today I had some brilliant news. I've been offered a conditional place to study MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies at Portsmouth University, an offer i have accpted and as long as I pass my current degree, come september I will be moving futher south. I just thought I would let you all know

Love Leila x
Replies:
Subject: memorial bench dedication

Author:
sandra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 05, 06:31:58pm

hi all,

about the memorial bench dedication on the 21th of March:
Janet, are you going to be there?
I'll propably be going with my 11 year old daughter Nieki.
would be great if you would be there.
is anybody else going???

till next time,
love, sandra
Replies:
Subject: Sheila on Piers Morgan's show...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 01:47:59pm

Did anyone tape it, and could possibly send me a copy as my tv is broke till i get my sick money on Thursday so i missed it. Thanks in advance.
Love Janet
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.