VoyForums

Friday, October 20, 12:08:47amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]

http://johnthaw.topcities.com/images/Thaw

Why not be the first to try out our new John Thaw live chat room?

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

This forum is a courtesy of JOHN THAW 1942-2002

Subject: John's Birthday Anniversary

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 11:50:57pm

Folks, Janet and I have decided that we wil be watching the tele-movie 'Waiting Time' to remember John on the anniversary of his birthday on 4th January. So feel free to join us! Or whatever else of John's you particularly like.
I'm also going to watch 'Grass is Singing' (aka Killing Heat) as I've not seen that for a while and it is one of my faves. Doesn't this date come around quickly?
Thanks
Theresa
Replies:
Subject: Thanks Joe

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, December 31, 12:05:57am

Uh oh...here I am again. Never rains but it pours! Just want to say Thanks to Joe who runs this site - for all his great work and always responding promptly if I email him about anything to do with the site. It's nice to know we are watched over. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and have a happy 2010. What would we fans do without your wonderful site?
Theresa H
Australia
Subject: 'New' John Performance on DVD

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, December 30, 11:58:56pm

Folks I don't know that Janet or I got around to advising you all but earlier this year a dvd was released of a Tele-series called 'The Capone Investment' starring..you guessed it...John!
I don't have it here as I type, but from memory it is early 70's (pre-Sweeney) and John is a bit of a cad but...well I won't tell you the story. Let's say he's just a bit of an arrogant 'young' rich 'kid'. As the title suggests it's a crime mystery and it's great to see John playing a different sort of character than normal, and his hair is quite wild and over-grown!! It's a good mystery and John really gets his teeth into his role. Rather a Rotter at times! I recommend you treat yourself for Christmas. I don't think it was even released on video, so this is I think the first time it's seen daylight since it was televised. As usual, it was Janet who put me on to this coup.
Enjoy!
Theresa H
Subject: Happy Christmas

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 05:00:40pm

Hey all

I would just like to wish you all a very happy christmas and a very happy new year.

Love Leila x
Replies:
Subject: merry christmas

Author:
sandra (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, December 24, 06:44:28pm

hohoho,
merry christmas!!!
and a very happy new year!!!
from Spain, at this moment:
Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo
hope to meet you soon...

jos, yoshi, nieki, mauro
and me: sandra
take care all, speak soon
Replies:
Subject: sheila on fern britton meets

Author:
mfr (christmassy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, December 20, 03:51:22pm

don't know if anyone caught sheila on fern britton meets on sunday (stumbled on it by accident)but it was a very good interview... well worth a watch on iplayer if you didnt.
Replies:
Subject: New DVD

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, December 04, 07:48:16am

Hi all

Sorry not been around much my education seems to take over my life. however things are doing well as I've just passed my first two Master's level essays with my highest marks to date, so very happy there,

Anyway i was just looking through play.com to get some ideas for what family can buy me for xmas and found that Serjeant Musgrave's Dance from 1961 is due to be released on 22nd Feb 2010. This DVD stars John along with Patrick McGoohan, Donal Donnelly & Freda Jackson. and you can pre order it now.

Also the complete set of The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes Series Two (Where John has a whole episode) is Due for release on 15th Feb 2010

Just thought i would let you all know

Love Leila
Replies:
  • Re: New DVD -- Janet, Friday, December 04, 12:05:34pm
  • Re: New DVD -- Theresa H, Wednesday, December 30, 11:41:53pm
Subject: Bollywood Cartoons

Author:
Reckoner
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, December 26, 09:47:47am

Our website serves the latest images of showbiz cartoons and flash animations. You can view the funny flash cartoons at our funny animated website. http://www.funny-animated.com/
Subject: University of Technology (COJ217462)

Author:
javed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, December 24, 10:57:28am

Information, tools and services for
students, staff, visitors and professionals
in the University of Technology, Sydney.
(http://www.cyberonlinejobs.com/tech)
Subject: More DVD News...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, December 05, 09:24:48am

This was supposed to be released on 28th Dec 2009, but now has been moved to 15th Feb 2010, THE AVENGERS series 3, (of which one episode John is guest star) Amazon are selling it for £42.98 and play.com are selling it for £42.99, on pre-order.

Bit to expensive for me this, so i'll give it a miss, if any of you can afford and like the series enough to warrent getting it, go for it.
Regards Janet
Replies:
Subject: Anniversary of Ray Thaw's Birthday

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 15, 07:34:15am

Today, the 15th November is the anniversary of John's brother,Ray's, birthday. Many of we fans from this site remember Ray's wonderful contribution to this site and his support of John's fans. Fondly remembered.
Theresa H
Australia
Replies:
Subject: 80,000 suspects. John Thaw?

Author:
john (questionng)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, November 02, 02:25:23pm

in the film 80,000 suspects,was the character who managed the disinfecting room played by a young John Thaw (Inspector Morse) ? we belive it is Mr. Thaw. can anyone confirm that?
Replies:
Subject: Kavanagh QC episode

Author:
Marty Reiss (Love the show and all his works)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 03:55:08pm

Does anyone know which episode kvanagh finds out and/or confronts his wife about here affair. I only saw when he meets the guy at a party and prior when she has the affair when Kavanagh is away on case. Please help
Replies:
Subject: Renovation is no party for Abigail

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 07:58:01am

Just found this and thought you all might like to read it too.
Regards Janet

Actress Abigail Thaw, daughter of the late John Thaw from his first marriage to Sally Alexander, is relieved to have nearly finished the renovation of her new home in Muswell Hill, North London.

Currently appearing in My Mother Said I Never Should at Watford Palace Theatre, the 44-year-old says: 'It's 80
per cent completed, but has cost a lot more than we expected - we had to go back to our mortgage lender twice.

'We've added a side return extension to the kitchen, but kept all the original features such as the ornate fireplaces and stained-glass windows.'

Thaw moved to the four-bedroom Edwardian semi with actor husband Nigel Whitmey, 46, and daughters Molly-Mae, 12, and Talia, six, earlier this year from their previous, smaller home in Archway.

'We took a huge loss on the original asking price of our previous home - more than £100,000 - but it's all relative as we bought our new place for less than it was on for.'
Subject: john thaw, morse and lewis

Author:
sandra
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 02:46:47pm

hi all,
my summervacation in spain was great and guess what was one of the best things there, except for the weather?
yes, ITV3!
they could better name it the john thaw channel: I've watched Morse, buried treasure and even home to roost! great!
and another favorite serie of mine was on: sherlock holmes (jeremy brett).
great fun to spend siesta this way, haha!

here in the netherlands there are still reruns of morse, Saturdayevenings late, and tomorrow starts lewis 3!
haven't seen it yet, so I'm really looking forward.

I'm thinking of going to London the 18th of November: Insp. Morse society day out (Morse's passions).
would be nice... maybe even combine it with Sister Act...
will keep you posted.

leila, really good to learn that you are enjoying your study so much! (which we all knew you would!)
speak soon,
sandra
Subject: Doesn't anyone talk about John...

Author:
Cath Dawson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 12:43:51pm

on here anymore? I've noticed that there is more for Sheila these days and also Kevin, whom i'm sure are fine people but this is A SITE FOR JOHN THAW, not them. I'm feeling you're all not interested in him now and more for Sheila and Kevin these days, shame on you if that's the case.

Where is Janet who says she's his number one fan, why are you not posting stuff on the site anymore, you've not been on your blog either for ages, not very good at keeping his memory alive are you.

If i had half the collection you say you have i'd be spreading it around for everyone to see not keeping it to myself, i hate fans who do that, so selfish.

I've only been a fan since Xmas, but i think John was simply the best and still is, there is no other actor who comes close to him.

If no one is going to keep John's name alive here then i'm sure this forum will go the way i've seen others go, with loads of adds and nothing on the person it's inteaded for.

I don't think anyone has a good enough reason to not keep this forum going, it only takes a few minutes of our time to chat about something that John starred in or they have bought on dvd.

So come on everyone and start talking about John and don't let his memory slip by, or Sheila will be right in what she says.
Blessings to you all
Cath xx
Replies:
Subject: Removing Spam from this site

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, October 02, 12:52:54am

Just a reminder all...if anyone ever notices spam messages or advertisments on this Forum (as I have sometimes), just email Joe (address on Home page) and he will take it off immediately. Usually he keeps an eye on these things - but just occassionaly he is unable get to the site as often as usual to check for himself.
Cheers
Theresa H
Subject: Sister Act The Musical

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 25, 06:46:25am

Hi all

Well i'm finally unpacking and safely into my new flat, and I've the internet up and running. I've just come across an article about Sister Act and the fact that the run has been extended and that Sheila has extended her contract until 27th Feb 2010.

'Hancock said: “When, at the age of 76, I was asked to appear in Sister Act at the London Palladium, I thought I might just about manage six months. It has proved such a joyous experience, I have a new lease of life, and am pleased to stay for longer.

“The music, the hugely talented cast, the fabulous set and costumes and the fun yet serious underlying message of the show evokes the most ecstatic audience reaction I have ever known in my 60-plus year career. Why would I walk away from that? My job is to entertain and that is what this show does - the audiences are diverse and huge and I feel proud to be part of it - despite my aching bones.”'

From http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/25670/sister-act-the-musical-extends-west-end-run

Love Leila x
Subject: National TV Awards - VOTE NOW!

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 12:23:20pm

Here in the UK is the National TV Awards, where you can all vote for 'Lewis' and either Kevin or Laurance, winners will be anounced in January 2010. The link is below, and for anyone in the UK who wants the link also. I've voted for Lewis and Kevin, i really hope he wins or at least the series does.

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/default.aspx?page=25
Main index ] [ Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.