VoyForums

Tuesday, October 17, 12:13:55pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

http://johnthaw.topcities.com/images/Thaw

Why not be the first to try out our new John Thaw live chat room?

Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com

This forum is a courtesy of JOHN THAW 1942-2002

Subject: While i'm here...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 06, 10:41:11pm

i've had an idea!

What 5 performances (single episodes only), would you choose too introduce folk who have only seen John in one role?

My 5 would be...
1. Home To Roost: High Spirts
2. Inspector Morse: Dead on Time
3. Killer Waiting
4. The Sweeney: Messenger of the gods
5. Loneliness of the long distance runner

So what are yours, what would you choose out of John's career to introduce people to his other works, you can only pic one episode NOT AN ENTIRE SERIES. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.
Replies:
Subject: Please forgive me...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 06, 10:33:43pm

please forgive me everyone for not being around much this year, i've had a lot of health issues to deal with (which are still continuing), along with suffering a lot of pain with my leg, for which i'm now on morphine.

Because of the morphine i tend to sleep at very odd times of the day (most of the mornings), as i'm not sleeping too good during the night cos of the pain.

But not to worry, there are worse folk then me around, and i'm not complaining, just thought i'd let you know in case any of you wonder where i am.
Toodle pip for now.
Replies:
Subject: New Inspector Morse Tour

Author:
Lewis Swan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 06, 02:10:56pm

Inspector Morse Tour of Oxford

A new luxury air-conditioned mini coach day tour from London will take fans into the world of author Colin Dexter’s famous detective creation Inspector Morse.

With Oxford being the setting for both the books and the TV series the new tour will visit many locations familiar to Morse, Lewis and Hathaway.

Stop for lunch at one of the most charming pubs in Oxford. Get a 2 hour guided walking tour of the locations featured in the series by an authority on the subject and see and hear many fascinating facts about this historic University town

For more info visit http://britmovietours.com/bookings/inspector-morse-tour/
Replies:
Subject: New Sweeney book...

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 18, 10:14:22am

Here is a new Sweeney book that is coming out 25th October 2010, thought i'd let you all know.
Regards
Janet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/184513589X/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Replies:
Subject: Johns limp on right leg why?

Author:
kenneth kea
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 03:40:25pm

It appearse that inspector Morse had a problem with his right leg,as`apolio survivor it reminds me of mine
Replies:
Subject: Remembering Ray Thaw

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 07:36:35pm

Today is the the anniversary of the death of John Thaw's brother Raymond. Ray died on 9th June 2004. Prior to that Ray contributed a wealth of unique material and information for this site. Ray was also generous in taking time to respond to questions from John's fans via this site. Thanks Ray. This site will not forget you. R.I.P.
Theresa H
Subject: Happy Birthday Janet!!!

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 04:00:43am

Janet...if you're visiting here, I just want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for the 8th June!! Whistle, Tweet, Yayyy!!!! Thanks for all the great material you've put on this site over the years and your contributions to this Forum. Have a good one!
Cheers
Theresa
Replies:
Subject: inspector morse society weekend

Author:
sandra (happy)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 07:28:48pm

hi you all,
how are you doing?
haven't been here for some time. been so busy...
anyway, I'm thinking of going to oxford in September; for the annual inspector morse society weekend.
whole programme sounds great!
www.inspector-morse.com
if you're interested. haven't been in oxford since we all last met there!
will you be coming to oxford next year theresa? wouldn't that be something! would be great seeing you all again.
if I'm going this September I will be taking my daughter along. she loves inspector morse and is very fond of colin dexter.
will keep you posted,
take care, love, sandra
Replies:
Subject: Morse get his own Play

Author:
Leila
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 06:55:44am

Hi all,

was just having a look around twitter, where you can follow me and whatsonstage.com had the following twit. "Is John Thaw turning in his grave? 1st stage play of Inspector Morse launches in Aug, touring with Colin Baker."

It turns out (after much research on the net) that Colin Dexter has written a play for Inspector Morse. here are the only datails I have
'House of Ghosts is an Inspector Morse story by written by speial arrangement with Inspector Morse author Colin Dexter.

"Since Oxford undergraduate days, Morse has regarded theatre director Laurence Baxter as the only truly evil man he has ever met. So what happens when, twenty-odd years later, Morse finds Baxter at the centre of a murder case that involves the on-stage death of a young actress?"'

Information from. http://www.allgigs.co.uk/view/artist/63679/House_Of_Ghosts_An_Inspector_Morse_Mystery.html

there are only certain tour dates up at present, Oxford and York arethe only ones I can find but it will be touring in September.

Just thought I'd drop you all a line

Love Leila
Replies:
Subject: Regarding SMD at play.com

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 26, 09:21:48am

They no longer have it for sale, just had an email as i wrote to them to find out why it hadn't been sent, and it's bin cancelled. Doubt they would have told me if i hadn't of asked which isn't good service and i'm not happy with them.

Theresa don't worry you will still get Sgt Musgrave's Dance, as i've now ordered it from Network's own site, so hopefully should have it very soon...i hope!

Amazon still don't have it either, apart from one seller on there who is selling it for nearly £19 plus post, and i ain't paying that.

Sometimes trying to get dvd's is like trying to get hold of gold dust, not very easy.
Regards
Janet
Subject: NEW DVD...RELEASE!

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 22, 08:49:49am

The Grass is Singing 1982 (American title Killer Heat), has been released on dvd here in the uk, it is available from an Amazon seller for £20.23 including postage and is exclusive to Amazon.

The dvd has been released by NU Metro in South Africa, so unknown to me, but it's genuine as i bought it first before posting this so i could tell you all. It arrived this morning, so going to watch it tonight.

Copy and paste this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grass-Singing-DVD-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B002T54RHQ/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1266842294&sr=8-12 and it will take you there. Enjoy!
Janet
Replies:
Subject: sgt musgrave's dance

Author:
PJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 01:38:50pm

Has anyone been able to get hold of this yet? I've got it on order with play.com but it's still in the 'packing' stage, anyone know how long they take to deliver?
Cheers
PJ
Replies:
Subject: Today, 21st Feb, is Anniversary of John's Death

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, February 21, 04:35:18am

Especially remembering John today, 21st Feb as it is 8 years since his untimely death. R.I.P. John.
I watched 'Cry Freedom' today to commemorate. Will watch 'Grass is Singing' tonight. John's performances still stand the test of time! Thanks John. x
Theresa
Replies:
Subject: Still Searching

Author:
Kay Tedford
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, February 20, 08:32:34am

I recently found a dvd at Amazon UK entitled Capone Investment. This is good murder mystery with a very young John Thaw. The Thaw dramas are so slow in coming.

I hope everyone is well.
Replies:
Subject: Movie for John's Anniversary

Author:
Theresa H
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 01:10:37am

Hello - The anniversary of John's death, 21st February, is fast approaching. To honour this great man in our own humble way, Janet from Manchester, and myself are going to watch the movie 'Cry Freedom' - as a way of remembering him. John plays South African Prime Minister Kruger in this exceptional movie and was nominated for an award for best supporting Actor.
Perhaps other fans can also make a point of watching that movie (or any really of John's) on that day, so at least for that day we can have John Thaw filling up the Ether world-wide with his image and presence.
Cheers
Theresa
Subject: John Thaw Foundation - Fund-Raising-Successes

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 09:40:26am

I just thought I'd let you all know about this, and if you all want to help raise money for the foundation then go to the everyclick.com website, and use it as your search engine and help raise money for this wonderful charity that helps young people less fortunate then ourselves.

Little Actors Youth Theatre based in Neston is pleased to announce some recent fund raising successes.

The John Thaw Foundation headed by his widow Sheila Hancock and daughter Joanne Thaw, has generously given a third donation to help subsidise the costs for the young people in the community. We can offer substantial discounts on the fees for young people from low income families.
Subject: SWEENEY STAR DIES AGED 78

Author:
Janet
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 02, 02:26:08pm

Sorry this is a day late blame leg, i do.

Actor Garfield Morgan died yesterday after his battle with cancer, i thought anyone who is a fan of the Sweeney and John would like to know this.
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.