VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

23/07/03 14:51:33VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Tall Ship Sailing

Author:
Nick
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 3/11/06 9:03:06

As some of you may know, when I sold my 501 I decided to go on a sailing holiday each year to make up for it.

Since then I've been crewing on a tall ship for my holiday each year, a 62 metre Brigantine called the Swan fan Makkum. Those of you who sail the solent during Cowes week may know her, she has been Skandia's hospitality ship there for a number of years.

Well now the owner has sold her too, she is in Genoa awaiting handover to her new Italian owners.

Feeling somewhat bereft, after all she is a cracking ship, I've set up a small business venture with her first mate to keep in touch with the "family" of tall ships.

I don't think it will make any money, but hopefully it will cover expenses.

So, if you have ever fancied trying your hand at something a little bigger please keep us in mind. We aim to put interested parties in touch with some of the ships that don't see much in the way of British customers, although everyone on board will usually speak English as a form of International language. Most of the ships we work with are Dutch.

www.tallshipsailing.co.uk

Next year will be our first sailing season.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.