VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

DUQUESNE DUKES FOOTBALL FORUM
~DUQUESNE DUKES FOOTBALL FORUM~
This forum is for discussion of Duquesne Football since other excellent Duquesne Basketball forums exist. (Links below). It is also open to all Duquesne sponsored or club sports.Duquesne sponsors: Basketball (M/W), Cross Country (M/W), Football, Soccer (M/W), Swimming (W), Tennis (M/W), Track and Field (M/W), LaCrosse (W), Crew (W), Volleyball (W). Club Sports include Ice Hockey and Men's Crew. Some posts on this Forum may be re-posted on the Duquesne Football Blog (See Duquesnesports.blogspot.com). This is a discussionforum where you are a guest. Treat others as you would like to be treated. No foul language, using another's moniker or personal attacks. Character on the field and on this forum reflects upon Duquesne. Links to this site are encouraged. Feedback is welcome. -Coffee

~OTHER DUQUESNE LINKS~

*COFFEE'S DUQUESNE FOOTBALL BLOG*
*OFFICIAL Northeast Conference Football SITE*
*The Sports Network FCS Page*
*USA Today Sagarin Division I College Football Rankings*
*Real Time RPI Division 1 College Football Rankings*
*College Football Data Warehouse*
*ESPN Radio Northeast Conference Notebook*

Subject: Butler Looking at A-10

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 12, 03:45:50pm

The Butler Bulldags are eyeing the A-10 for all sports but football. The Bulldags may be the last piece needed to make an A-10 Football Conference workable. I see:

Duquesne
Dayton
Fordham
Rhode Island
Butler
Albany
Maine
New Hampshire

Maine and NH may want to follow RI for the same reasons. All these teams would fit well academically and athletically.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Re: Butler Looking at A-10

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 12, 12:41:53pm

I forgot Richmond

[> Subject: Re: Butler Looking at A-10

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 12, 03:45:50pm

A few quick comments...

Wow. I'm a huge Butler fan (my older son is graduating from Butler this year), but I hadn't heard about this very recent expression of interest until I read about it here. I have to start coming to this forum more often for breaking news!

While doing my follow-up research on this topic, one of the things I read on other forums was the opinion that "Butler has no intention of playing scholarship football" as one of the POSITIVES listed for the A-10 going after Butler. It seems that A-10 BBall folks look upon football as a potential "problem" for the A-10.

I must admit that I have a hard time seeing football programs such as Dayton and Butler playing in the same league as Albany and New Hampshire (for example). At this time, these programs have VERY different mindsets regarding football and scholarships.

GO DUKES!

(and GO DAWGS!) ;-)

Subject: Spring Practice/Spring Game

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 11, 11:26:33am

The new season's just around the corner! Spring Practive begins on 3/14/12 and the Spring Game is set for 4/14/12.

See the full practice schedule details shortly on the blog.

[> Subject: Re: Spring Practice/Spring Game

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 11, 11:20:17am

Can't wait! Are practices open?

[> [> Subject: Re: Spring Practice/Spring Game

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 11, 11:26:33am

I have a practice schedule and I've been told it's ok to put it on the blog but I'm hesitant to post it to make it any easier for some of the low brow coaches from RMU to sneak in to try to video the practices. They were pretty inept at spying in the past and were caught taping practices.

Kind of "Clouseau get hired to Coach"...

Subject: Pitt has 2 Holes in Next Year's Schedule

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 11, 11:19:13am

Pitt will schedule at least one FCS Team next year to fill in for WVA and TCU. The Dukes will be glad to fill in!!! Se- http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12046/1210217-142.stm

[> Subject: Re: Pitt has 2 Holes in Next Year's Schedule

Author:
Duke Nukem
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 12:29:36pm

We have October 6 open.

[> Subject: Re: Pitt has 2 Holes in Next Year's Schedule

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 08, 12:06:49am

Pitt recently added Gardner-Webb, a FCS team, to its 2012 schedule. To put the addition of this team in perspective note that Real Time RPI gave Gardner-Webb, 4-7, a ranking of 231, and the Dukes, 9-2, had a ranking of 163 by Real Time RPI at the end of the season.

[> [> Subject: Re: Pitt has 2 Holes in Next Year's Schedule

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 08, 07:45:19pm

Gardner Webb???? I'd be upset if the Dukes scheduled a team ranked that low just as I was when we took on Valpo. I understand that the Valpo game was a trade off for the basketball schedule.

No excuse for Pitt to go that far down the RPI list. They'd sell more seats if they scheduled the Dukes.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Pitt has 2 Holes in Next Year's Schedule

Author:
Fr. Straub
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 08, 07:50:56pm

The score of the last football game before Pitt ran away from the series you ask??

DUQUESNE 21 - PITT 12

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Pitt has 2 Holes in Next Year's Schedule

Author:
Fr. Straub
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 08, 07:52:48pm

Sorry-

DUKES 21 - PITT 13

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Pitt has 2 Holes in Next Year's Schedule

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 09, 10:58:29pm

We all have to remember one thing...

As a "full scholarship" program, Gardner Webb is a "counter" for BCS Bowl consideration. At this point, Duquesne is not.

"The NCAA allows one victory per season over a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) team to count toward an FBS team's bowl eligibility, so long as the FCS team has supplied financial aid for football averaging out to at least 56.7 full scholarships (90% of the limit of 63 allowed to FCS schools) over 'a rolling two-year period' that can include the current season."

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Pitt has 2 Holes in Next Year's Schedule

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 11, 11:19:13am

Thanks for the information Coach L. I don't think that the Dukes will ever reach that limit even though they'd nock the snot out of Gardner Webb according to the RPI and Sagarin.

Another clue that the NCAA's can be a bit confusing as to what they do and how they do it!

Subject: Dukes picked as "Team to Beat" in NEC

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 03:17:36am

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/haley/archive/haley_3_4_2012.htm

"Following are the teams to beat in the FCS conference races...

Northeast Conference: Duquesne. It's easy to forget the Dukes shared last year's title because Albany went to the playoffs as a result of its easy win in the head-to-head meeting. In a conference of outstanding running backs, Duquesne has one in Larry McCoy (3,479 career rushing yards). The Dukes also return their starting quarterback, Sean Patterson, and standout safety, Serge Kona. The Dukes have home games against Albany and Monmouth, another major title factor, but start off the conference schedule with a huge game at another rough customer Bryant. It's a wide-open race."

GO DUKES!

[> Subject: Re: Dukes picked as "Team to Beat" in NEC

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 11, 11:21:25am

I agree! With the talent coming in and Albany at home, we have a chance!

Subject: Duquesne Dukes 2011 Highlights

Author:
Shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, March 03, 04:32:28pm

Awesome highlight tape put together on youtube. I was just surfing found it under Duquesne Dukes 2011 football highlights.

[> Subject: Re: Duquesne Dukes 2011 Highlights

Author:
marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, February 26, 11:28:51am

Thanks- Great clip!!!- Link is here- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klszi5AUDuY

[> [> Subject: Re: Duquesne Dukes 2011 Highlights

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 02, 08:49:27pm

Lots of highlights this year!!!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Griffin Elbert

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 27, 06:45:10pm

http://griffinelbert.com/

Some of the tons of video available on Mr. Elbert online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BokQDPREVp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQAVihj_FJs&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUcXDEEMUy4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4AlZpvCbMg&feature=related

http://www.gridironstuds.com/detail.php?ret=4&id=1283

Seems like a really good kid and a fine student-athlete. His family is really out there promoting him. Good for them. I hope that they find the best place for Griffin. The Bluff??

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Griffin Elbert

Author:
BigMike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 19, 09:05:48pm

Looks like a good get for us!

Author:
FCDB_2
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 21, 04:51:05pm

2011 Indiana High School/ Indianapolis Colts ‘Football Academic All-State Team’
2011 National Football Foundation 'Athlete Scholar Award'
2011 Associated Press ‘Indiana All-State Defensive Back Honorable Mention’
2011 Franklin Central Football ‘Most Valuable Player’
2011 Franklin Central Football ‘Most Valuable Offensive Back’
2011 Wendy’s High School Heisman Award Recipient
2011 Conference Indiana Football ‘All-Conference Honorable Mention’
2011 Marion County Football ‘All-County Honorable Mention’
2011 National Underclassmen Combine ‘Defensive Back MVP’
2011 National Underclassmen Combine ‘Combine King’
2011 National Underclassmen Combine ‘Strongest Man’
2011 Indiana Track & Field ‘Regional Qualifier’
2011 Franklin Central ‘Advanced Placement Scholar with Distinction’
2011 National Honor Society
2011 Franklin Central High School ‘Senior Class President’
2011 Scout.com ‘Top 100 prospects’ from Indiana
2011 Conference Indiana ‘Sportsmanship Council Representative’

Author:
FormerDuke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 03, 12:24:18am

Any news on this kid (or some of the others that did not sign)? Possibly, still preferred walk on? Did not see him signed anywhere- Scout/Rivals.

[> [> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Griffin Elbert

Author:
Greg Armstrong
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 27, 06:45:10pm

Committed to Marian University

Subject: History

Author:
El Duque
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 10:44:04pm

Coffee,

When I was sports editor of The Duke, I had an opportunity to write an article on the football program's history for the issue that celebrated DU's Centennial. I was also there for the transition to D3. That's a big part of the history.

I will try to scan or otherwise capture what I have in a document you can use.

As Judge Jack suggested, the most modern elements of the history could be provided by someone like Dan McCann and perhaps John Rosato, who has been with the program for years.

PM me on the Scout board some time.

[> Subject: Re: History

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, February 25, 08:35:58am

Thanks ED. Will do.

Subject: Duquesne Announces 2012 Recruiting Class

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 20, 10:23:07pm

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020112aaj.html

Dukes receive commitments from 20 student-athletes covering seven states

WELCOME TO THE BLUFF, GENTLEMEN!!

GO DUKES!

[> Subject: I'd say this is a heck of a class. Good QB, some receivers, and some very sturdy linemen on both sides of the ball. We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
El Duque
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 10:33:29pm

[> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, February 02, 06:59:01am

I'd say it's a long shot, but this young man would look great in a Duquesne uniform!

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2012/01/tevin_shaw_of_piscataway_left_looking_for_a_school_after_iowa_ran_out_of_scholarships.html

"Just yesterday, Duquesne, a Division 1 FCS school offered Shaw a scholarship."

[> [> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, February 02, 07:08:10am

It looks like he's off to Kansas.

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/football/index.ssf/2012/02/tevin_shaw_of_piscataway_signs_to_play_for_on_national_signing_day.html

A question for you "old timers"...

Could you have even imagined a few years ago that Duquesne would even be going after a player of this caliber - to join a current team with the caliber of talent we already have on board??

GO DUKES!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 03, 04:35:54pm

Tevin Shaw had given Kansas an oral commitment; however, he had not signed anything. I have it from good sources that he is on Duquesne's campus today (Friday) taking a tour. He will head back to NJ Saturday morning. So there still is a possibility that the Dukes may land him.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, February 05, 03:38:13am

I heard from reliable sources that Tevin Shaw and his mom were impressed with Duquesne's campus and the school on their recent visit, but Tevin made no commitment to the Dukes. Tevin still plans on visiting Kansas. Obviously Duquesne cannot match Kansas' facilities, but there's more to a college than just the athletic facilities alone. I guess we will find out Tevin's decision in the near future. If Tevin were to sign a NLI with the Dukes, it would elevate the recruiting class a few notches.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Shaw to Kansas

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 13, 04:15:31am

University of Kansas sources are reporting that Mr. Shaw has signed with the Jayhawks.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: We're also in the hunt for a kid from Piscataway who could be a major "get" for us.

Author:
Judge Jack McVay Jr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 06:02:00pm

Coach L, I have always believed it was possible that the football program could return to prominence with the right committments and I believe we are getting close! Did I think just a couple of years ago that we would be recruiting these types of kids this soon... absolutely not,no way! Thanks as always for your insights and info! PS My response to your question constitutes an admission to my "old-timer" status! Jack

[> Subject: TO THE DUQUESNE RECRUITING CLASS OF 2012

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, February 05, 09:00:11am

You are joining a Championship Team at an excellent university with a football tradition going back to 1891. The team has been declared #1 in the Nation among all collegiate programs and then cut from existence. It has won major bowl games such as the Orange Bowl and has played teams ranging from Alabama to Allegheny County Community College after being reborn as a club.

It has steadily grown in stature after its rebirth and has, with your own contribution, fantastic potential.

Please take time to learn some of the tradition you are about to become part of. We wish you well as students and as athletes. No matter what is printed here or on the Football Forum, know that your fans and Duquesne Alumni are behind you. GO DUQUESNE!!

[> [> Subject: Re: TO THE DUQUESNE RECRUITING CLASS OF 2012

Author:
Judge Jack mcVay Jr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 06:31:12pm

Coffee, Haha, somebody besides those of us who played against them knows that Community actually had a decent local football team that included some pretty talented local high school players. We beat them my freshman year but it was a tough game and the Onyshko brothers ended up transferring from that Community team to Duquesne and playing pretty well for us! Thanks as always, Jack. PS the fan is better than any picture of me anyway! haha

[> [> [> Subject: Re: TO THE DUQUESNE RECRUITING CLASS OF 2012

Author:
El Duque
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 10:11:56am

I don't know enough about the players or the programs from which they come to judge where this class stands historically. But on paper, the size of these linemen, the reputation of the QB, and the new receivers (including a good-sized TE) are really impressive. And I'd really like to see out program become one of the best FCS programs in the country.

For Judge Jack, those club teams on which you played were very talented for that level of football, something I attributed to the quality of talent in the Pittsburgh area. But what a transition this program has made, first to DIII, then to 1AA, then to FCS. I have always wondered what the program - and DU - would have been like if the HG Fathers would've had the foresight to keep the program after the War. Would we have been on a par with schools like ND and BC?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: TO THE DUQUESNE RECRUITING CLASS OF 2012

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 13, 07:06:34pm

ED- Great observation. Duquesne could be a modern Boston College if their program wasn't cut. To be honest with you, the other thing that Duquesne should have done was to work with Mercy Hospital to put together a decent medical school to provide competition with UPMC.

I read that Pittburgh has the highest health care costs in the nation. This would have added another third to the campus and enhansed the university's reputation and recruitability... and maybe given enough room for some seats around the football field and room for more parking.

... not that the move should have been driven by the football program- It just seems odd that Mercy and Duquesne didn't form a Catholic Health are system like Detriot Mercy and other big city jointures.

Author:
Judge Jack McVay Jr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 20, 10:13:12pm

Hey El Duque! I have often wondered "what if" and then realize that I wasn't in the HG Fathers shoes at the time and very well might have made the same decision!My Dad told me that the program had declined some by then but it still had some pretty good individual talent too!Thanks for the love re our teams and the talent level which I agree was pretty good and as you describe, and what I would charecterize as competetive DIII despite the club status.Always enjoy your posts!Thanks, Jack

[> [> [> Subject: Re: TO THE DUQUESNE RECRUITING CLASS OF 2012

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, February 09, 11:13:40pm

Judge Jack- Some day I'd like expand the blog on Duquesne's Football History. Then, see if it can be published as a book. There are enough newspaper articles from the 1920's on until the program was cut in the 50's but not a lot of info during the Club years into D-3. Has anybody written down the history of the team's re-birth?

Author:
Judge Jack McVay Jr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, February 20, 10:23:07pm

Coffee, how are you my friend? I do agree with you and El Duque and think in hindsight what a bad decision it was to drop football but I wasn't there either! It definitely would be interesting to talk with someone who was there at the time like Dan Rooney who went to Duquesne to play football like his Dad but then it was dropped! I think a book is an excellent idea and would be glad to collaborate but the first two guys to talk to about the rebirth would be Sam Costanzo and Coach McCann! Thanks as always, Jack

[> Subject: Re: Duquesne Announces 2012 Recruiting Class

Author:
Shaler Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 07:38:14pm

Awesome class...Can't wait for summer camp!

[> [> Subject: Re: Duquesne Announces 2012 Recruiting Class

Author:
Shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 11:38:13pm

You know you are progressing as a program when you get such a great recruiting class on paper and dont really NEED them to produce next year. There is depth in this program now. Not saying some wont play but we dont need saviors like before.

Subject: Schedule released

Author:
Friend
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 17, 12:59:10pm

Tough season opener at Old Dominion. Tough NEC opener at Bryant.

http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021712aaa.html

Subject: Duquesne Duke Article

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 10, 03:00:26pm

I thought some of you might enjoy this. It is an article about a writer for the Duke who asked Charlie Leventry and back up kicker Nick Esquire to teach him to kick. (The art of kicking a field goal.)

http://www.theduquesneduke.com/the-art-of-kicking-a-field-goal-1.2771450

[> Subject: Re: Duquesne Duke Article

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, February 11, 10:23:54am

Great article about some players that your feel good rooting for!

Subject: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 04:21:37pm

Dillon Buechel 6'4 qb from Montour, PA
Kevin Enright 6'4 TE from Walsh Jesuit, OH
Adam Clopton 6'0 DB from Pickerington Central, OH

[> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 10:43:11am

Anthony Alimenti 5'10 DB Council Rock High School, PA

[> [> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 10:46:32am

Reggie Mcknight 6'2 WR from Dania FL by way of Hollywood Hills High School

[> [> [> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 10:48:33am

Dane O'Driscoll 6'4 Defensive Lineman from Walsh Jesuit High School/ Hudson, OH is now a DUKE

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 10:57:32am

Duquesne goes to the West Coast! 6'3 DL out of Feather River College/ Las Vegas, NV Mike Hutchings is now a DUKE!

get the twitter updates from goduquesne.com

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 11:02:36am

Duquesne goes 2 for 2 in McKees Rocks, Pa. signing 6'0 LB Aaron Reed from Montour High School!

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 11:12:11am

Larson Graham 6'4 OL from Wyoming/ Wyoming, OH is now a DUKE!

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 11:22:39am

Next we go to Loveland High School in Loveland, Ohio. Jordan McNally is now a DUKE! Jordan is a 6'3 OL.

Duquesne goes south to Hueytown Highschool in Hueytown, AL. The DUKES sign Josh Jordan 5'10 DB!

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 11:27:19am

"The Local"... Duquesne goes down the road to Upper St. Clair High School, Pa. and signs Jake Radiukanas a 6'2 DL.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 11:57:45am

From Allentown Central Catholic/ Emmaus, Pa. Duquesne Signs 6'3 WR Jalen Snyder-Scipio

Just in... Franklin Balmaceda is now a DUKE! OL from ASA Institute in Brooklyn, NY

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 12:02:49pm

At noon, Sam Martello from Westlake, Ohio by way of St. Edward's High School is now a DUKE! Martello is a 6'1 LB

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 03:09:17pm

From all that I was able to track down on the Internet about Reggie McKnight from Hollywood Hills High School, it appears that he signed with U of Buffalo.
Link

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Reggie McKnight

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 04:21:37pm

Hmmmm....

The internet sources say that McKnight "committed" to Buffalo. As we all know, nothing is certain until the young man signs on the dotted line.

GoDuquesne is getting the reports directly from the Athletic Department as they watch the NLIs through the fax.

Mr. McKnight is NOT listed as a signee on the Buffalo site.

http://www.buffalobulls.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20120201srknlq

I'd say...

Welcome to The Bluff, Reggie!

GO DUKES!

[> Subject: Re: NLI's In

Author:
original_rmc
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 02:22:44pm

It seems as though the Dukes are putting together a great class.
I think CCSU already has their class posted on the conference site.

Subject: Recruiting (so far)

Author:
El Duque
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 08:56:52pm

A stud QB, a big TE, a fast receiver, and a bunch of big offensive and defensive linemen?

I'd say, so far, so good!

[> Subject: Re: Recruiting (so far)

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 10:49:26pm

Ditto

Subject: 2012 Commit: Jordan McNally

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 10:27:07am

It has been reported in the Cincinnati Enquirer...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recruiting/2012/01/31/preparing-for-signing-day/

that Jordan McNally from Loveland High School has committed to Duquesne.

Congratulations, Jordan and welcome to The Bluff!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/289244/jordan-mcnally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oefU3kdIfBw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfZO7OEk5o8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-H-N-2lK4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=7031

http://profiles.berecruited.com/athletes/1079102

GO DUKES!

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Commit: Jordan McNally

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 10:33:29pm

https://twitter.com/#!/ReedSchlez/status/164516518271520768/photo/1

Congratulations, Mr. McNally!

Subject: 2012 Commit: William Hutchings

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 07:19:18pm

Congratulations, William and welcome to The Bluff!

Mr. Hutchings is from Feather River Junior College in California.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-William-Hutchings-133121;_ylt=AgNQu1QaVmusjLxH.SpO7Q4tS5B4

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/217578/william

Subject: Jake Radziukinas commits to Duquesne

Author:
CLK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 05:54:31pm

USC DT Jake Radziukinas commits to Duquesne per twitter post.

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Commit: Jake Radziukinas

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 07:06:28pm

Congratulations, Jake and welcome to The Bluff!

@JDiPaola_Trib (Jerry DiPaola)
"Good news from Upper St. Clair's Jim Render: Two USC players have committed: DT Jake Radziukinas to Duquesne and LB Zach Deitrick to Dayton"

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/384106/jake-radziukinas

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/pa/pittsburgh/upper-st-clair-high-school/jacob-radziukinas

http://www.ncsasports.org/college-recruiting-videos-highlights/jacob-radziukinas

http://photos.triblive.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=37267744

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11356/1198345-365-0.stm

GO DUKES!!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Dillon Buechel

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 12:42:33pm

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5293033

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dillon-Buechel-118585

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11237/1169771-365-0.stm

http://blog.pennlive.com/westernpafootball/2011/02/recruiting_notes_montour_qb_di.html

http://www.wpxi.com/video/24354362/index.html

From 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrknq0tiuw

Full game highlights from 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOIJCIvKGPo

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/tag/dillon-buechel/

12/21/2011: Dillon Buechel named first team Class AAA all-state.

http://pittsburghquarterback.com/tag/dillon-buechel

Page with Mr. Buechel's Junior year highlights: http://scoutingpa.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=83

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Commit: Dillon Buechel

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 12:20:49am

Mr. Buechel commits to Duquesne.

http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/varsity-blog/32576-buechel-chooses-duquesne

Welcome to The Bluff, Dillon!

GO DUKES!!

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Dillon Buechel

Author:
Shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 12:42:33pm

Great pick up for the Dukes......learn a year from a 3 year starter redshirt and have 4 years elgibility!!!!!!!!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Asa Costelnock

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 09:09:05pm

@COST31NOCK (Asa Costelnock)
"football visit at Duquesne #Blessed"
23 Jan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNTC_mR8Tn0

http://www.wpxi.com/videos/news/southmoreland-interviews-mark-mccracken-asa/vDKMj/

http://profiles.berecruited.com/athletes/1080601

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/135797/asa-costelnock

http://www.heraldstandard.com/2011_hs_football/southmoreland/southmoreland-wins-season-finale-in-ot-thriller/article_0994bc81-3b82-5879-bf74-896c471c3b08.html

Subject: Jalen scipio

Author:
CLK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 07:38:36pm

A wide receiver from Allentown. According to his twitter post he gave a commitment to Duquesne: "Officially a Duquesne Duke!"

Jalen scipio
@jalenscip1

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Commit: Jalen Snyder - Scipio

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 08:26:36pm

Congratulations, Jalen and welcome to The Bluff!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Jalen-Snyder-Scipio-130396

http://articles.mcall.com/2011-11-30/sports/mc-football-central-scipio-1130-20111130_1_jalen-snyder-scipio-brendan-nosovitch-central-catholic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMXnWLrNpFc

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1157700/jalen-scipio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7ejE3hXNOs

http://profiles.berecruited.com/athletes/539605

http://www.scoutingpa.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=50

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/XJ5FTi4aLUS2v2grty0YUA/football-fall-10/profile-jalen-snyder-scipio.htm

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/12/central_catholic_high_school_f_1.html

Subject: New NEC Members?

Author:
Duke Nukem
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 11:21:37am

I've been reading a lot of forum commentary from Maine, New Hampshire and Rhode Island boards speculating that Maine and New Hampshire may follow Rhoddy into the NEC. They are the only Northern members left in the CAA. This would make a great 12 team, 2 division conference...

NEW ENGLAND DIVISION
Central Conn. State
Bryant
Sacred Heart
Rhode Island
Maine
New Hampshire

MID ATLANTIC DIVISION
Robert Morris
Monmouth
Wagner
St. Francis
Duquesne
Albany

The only problem may be that the charter members may feel overrun by associate members. Albany and Duquesne tied for the championship this year and RI, Maine and NH will be strong.

Subject: Appreciating the Progress

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 28, 09:16:16am

I've never had this much fun reading about Duquesne Football after the season is over.

I know that we've lost a couple of recruits to schools like Wisconsin but what are we complaining about???? Were competing for the same pool of atheletes now!!!!!

Subject: Montour's Dillon Buechel

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 08:04:50pm

*** Don't be surprised if Montour quarterback Dillon Buechel picks Duquesne University. He visited New Hampshire this past weekend, but New Hampshire didn't offer a scholarship. Maine also has offered, but Buechel seems to like Duquesne.

From the PG this week

WPIAL's #5 All Time Passer

[> Subject: Re: Montour's Dillon Buechel

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 08:11:25pm

Although Montour quarterback Dillon Buechel visited New Hampshire last weekend, the second-leading passer in WPIAL history doesn't have a scholarship offer from New Hampshire. His offers are from Maine and Duquesne and he seems to be leaning toward Duquesne.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12027/1206197-365.stm#ixzz1ki8vg8uF

Subject: Prospects lost to FBS programs

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 02:20:27pm

The following players were offered by Duquesne, but chose to commit to a Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) program:

Jevon Elmore - Army
http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-Jevon-Elmore-134592;_ylt=Ah.m34xVHRd6sKFZSLwLk2rwOrF_

Reggie Mitchell - Wisconsin
http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-Reggie-Mitchell-124644;_ylt=ApxfgmZS1dnXR5kU3ZIO1r7wOrF_

Devin Campbell - Buffalo
http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-Devin-Campbell-104903;_ylt=AuxHRKcaQGpvrffkO1P91WHwOrF_

[> Subject: Re: Prospects lost to FBS programs

Author:
shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 12:40:54pm

Now losing to wisconsin buffalo army from a football perspective only I can live with............davidson and Fordham we should never lose a kid to them if we really want em.

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Andre Johnson

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 02:09:56pm

From TyJuan Fray's high school in Ocala, Florida (Trinity Catholic):

http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-Andre-Johnson-109255;_ylt=AtN9ex9TPkODzjibotesrwbwOrF_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sxDvRs0PrQ

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/i77y-TGWQUydlVuilbHvAA/football-fall-11/profile-andre-johnson.htm

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Devin Moyer

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 01:52:17pm

http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-Devin-Moyer-127964;_ylt=Aiuz69GMl0I8yx1BPyqZdNrwOrF_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC7qYUdtDSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dzyyhss5FU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.gazette.net/article/20110822/SPORTS/708229904/1015/camp-query-devin-moyer&template=gazette

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Frank Balmaceda

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 01:44:16pm

Not a great deal of information about this Junior College prospect...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-Frank-Balmaceda-133872;_ylt=AmI1C2T6vDuWzPN9yX8UrAvwOrF_

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Galen Evans

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 01:37:49pm

http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-Galen-Evans-126733;_ylt=AhOM8acu4In.9CUJ04VCa5jwOrF_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBTaz299IiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJPHlhfRt28&list=PLFA0BEA3A85940FEC&index=1&feature=plpp_video

http://severn.patch.com/articles/aacs-football-evans-not-too-big-anymore

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/WrkpPS1rtU2P3Ngi0Y5BkQ/football-fall-11/profile-galen-evans.htm

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Kevin Enright

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 12:30:36pm

The third offer to a player from Walsh Jesuit High.

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=6855&name=enright86

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4K-zTIPz-g&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkzpFD8LM08

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Commit: Kevin Enright

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 29, 08:42:03pm

Mr. Enright tweets that he has committed to Duquesne.

“@Kevin_Enright: I have officially committed to Duquesne University! excited to be a Duke next year!”

Welcome to The Bluff, Kevin!

GO DUKES!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Brian Johnson

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 10:14:14pm

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=5496&name=libertyoline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv3AtRVUwyk&feature=player_embedded

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Brian Johnson

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 12:55:42pm

It is reported that Mr. Johnson has committed to Davidson.

[> [> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Brian Johnson

Author:
Shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 01:50:57am

recruiting- dont like seeing that we are losing recruits to the likes of Davidson and Fordham. Those schools are not even in the same ballpark with The Dukes.

[> [> [> Subject: "Losing" recruits

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 10:18:08am

Shoey, I must respectfully disagree.

Student-athletes make their school choice based upon numerous factors, and it is most beneficial when they and their families base their decision upon what is best for them. As fans of one particular school, we are certainly not the most objective folks to determine what is the best for any individual student-athlete.

As the parent of two young men who went on to play college football and the coach of many others, I have seen outstanding choices made. I have also seen outstandingly bad choices made.

In Mr. Johnson's case, Davidson is an outstanding academic institution and I trust that he will be very happy there.

I could not begin to judge Mr. Padgett's decision to attend Fordham. Fordham is a fine Jesuit, full athletic scholarship Patriot League institution. Not only did he pass on Duquesne, but he apparently also passed on offers from places like William & Mary, Dartmouth, Columbia, Elon, and Holy Cross. Obviously, Mr. Padgett is a top-notch student-athlete and I am encouraged by the fact that the Dukes are going after such high quality individuals. That speaks volumes to me.

Fordham and Davidson obviously presented situations to these young men that they found best fulfilled their particular needs. Congratulations to them, and best of luck. I sincerely hope it works out for them.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: "Losing" recruits

Author:
shoey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 10:14:14pm

coach- agree my point was from a strictly football point of view. Davidson and Fordham are not anywhere near the same planet as duquesne. davidson 4-7 non-scholly school barely beat the worst team in country valpo. fordham on the other hand was 1-10. Strictly football wise no comparison.........except probably a stadium.

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Norman Sadler

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 02:42:50pm

Okay, let's start with Mr. Sadler...

Some individual game highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/910445/norman-sadler#highlights

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Norman-Sadler-134736

Not sure how old this combine info is - it seems dated (2010?): http://combines.underarmour.com/football/athletes/11996

http://profiles.berecruited.com/athletes/athletics/847416

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/130335/norman-sadler

Not that it means anything, but I was unable to find any information regarding a Duquesne offer. Mr. Sadler is reported to have offers from Cal Poly (down the road from me), and Eastern Washington.

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Norman Sadler

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 08, 03:06:29pm

Add:

Norman's father has reported interest in Norman from Kansas, Kentucky, Gardner Webb, Georgia Sounthern and Murray State.

A few photos of Mr. Sadler in action: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/14/3981495/casa-robles-vs-del-campo.html

http://www.nationalunderclassmen.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=205353243

"2012 CB Norman Sadler from Sacramento, California (Del Campo HS) is a name on the recruiting trail that has gained steam over the past couple of months and seen college programs take a more important interest into his abilities as a football player on the Division 1 level. Currently, Sadler has official college offers from San Diego, Eastern Washington, Penn and Northern Iowa, but Division 1 schools like Washington, Purdue, Kentucky, Miami FL, Colorado, Colorado State, Tulsa, UTEP and Western Kentucky have picked up their recruitments in Norman and could eventually extend him an offer. Purdue University is the one school according to Sadler that seems the most interested in his abilities, and he thinks an offer from them could be on its way after the Holiday season is over. Norman claims that if Purdue was to offer that he would seriously consider giving them his commitment. At the moment, Sadler is wide open to all schools interested in him, and he would like to take as much time needed before he is ready to end his college recruitment. Norman Sadler (6'1 190 lbs) has tons of ability and athleticism that has stayed under the radar for way too long, and he could be a Signing Day steal for whoever receives his services."

Highlight video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?DB_OEM_ID=23100&v=4_vkMYNiS20

or...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doxAmw-Gij4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 08, 03:54:54pm

UPDATE:

2012 Ath Norman Sadler from Sacramento, California (Del Campo HS) received official offers on Monday from Furman University and Duquesne University. Norman now has offers from Furman, Murray State, Gardner-Webb and Duquesne with heavy interest coming from Duke, Arizona, Arizona State, USC, Washington, Kentucky and Kansas.

From: http://www.nationalunderclassmen.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23100&ATCLID=205340557

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 02:42:50pm

It has been reported that Mr. Sadler has committed to Cal Poly San Luis Obisbo (just down the road from me).

Subject: 2012 Commit: Dane O'Driscoll

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 10:38:14am

It has been reported that Mr. O'Driscoll has committed to Duquesne. Welcome to The Bluff, Dane!

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=9714&name=DaneODriscoll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5buifSjqVSI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46aSaBE2fsw

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/18129017

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dane-ODriscoll-132940

GO DUKES!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Trenton Donald

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 02:45:22pm

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=4767&name=tdonald

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qc_Sv6kGH4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b7SBzaHBHE&feature=related

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Trenton-Donald-129091

Subject: No longer a 2012 Prospect: Jake Young

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 02:29:09pm

The Dukes apparently offered Mr. Young, but he committed to Dartmouth this weekend.

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=5145&name=jyoung58

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Larson Graham

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 20, 03:21:32am

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=7493&name=larsongraham

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/10154/larson-graham

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Commit: Larson Graham

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 12:17:39pm

It has been reported that Mr. Graham has committed to Duquesne.

Welcome to The Bluff, Larson!

GO DUKES!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Akil Blount

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 20, 03:07:16am

https://twitter.com/#!/PrimeTime47_24

"PrimeTime47_24 Akil Blount
Visiting Duquesne! They said I could play both sports!"

"PrimeTime47_24 Akil Blount
Option#1: Duquesne football & play WR Option#2: Duquesne Bball & hoop�� Option#3: Play both >>>"

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/242604/akil-blount

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv-2UcoykMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h55c0g9LRd0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q1pGDUhP4U&feature=related

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/135896/akil-blount

http://www.theintelligencer.net/page/content.detail/id/526913/For-Linsly-s-Blount--There-s-No-Need-to-Flaunt.html

http://www.wtov9.com/news/sports/high-school/akil-blount/nDbrD/

http://www.wtov9.com/videos/news/linslys-akil-blount-earns-health-plan-big-22-high/vFXkp/

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Akil Blount

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 21, 07:16:33pm

Mr. Blount has committed to Florida A&M.

Subject: Chris King commits to DU

Author:
CLK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 19, 05:54:41pm

I do not know if you guys saw this, but according to the tweet below from his coach Chris King from DeMatha HS gave a verbal to DU. Also Mel Blount son Akil visited DU yesterday.

@DMCoachBrooksElijah Brooks
3 Commits this week WR Chris King/Duquesne OL Matt Brammer/Gannon & Brent Wilkerson/Penn St.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=420&f=1319&t=8589673

[> Subject: Re: Chris King commits to DU

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 20, 02:39:31am

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-King-127514

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/666846/chris-king

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X87K_tbpIj0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1uqRfl_lk0

Welcome to The Bluff, Mr. King!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Kevin Hart

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 19, 09:24:57am

Some of you may be familiar with Mr. Hart...

http://duquesne.scout.com/a.z?s=420&p=8&c=1&nid=5972791

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/highschool/s_752588.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaAyJQzLJJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-QxLUER-r0

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11244/1171091-365-0.stm

http://www.wpxi.com/video/28599726/index.html

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kevin-Hart-131765

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Kevin Hart

Author:
TMH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 10:53:43pm

Hart has just verbaled to William and Mary

[> [> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Kevin Hart

Author:
Judge Jack McVay Jr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 19, 09:24:57am

Coach L, Thanks for all the recruiting updates! Love them!Also, live here in Pgh and hadnt heard this one at all! Thanks again, Jack

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Kenneth Coughlin

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 16, 03:15:55pm

Not sure if Mr. Coughlin remains a Duquesne prospect. He may well end up at one of our opponents. This article is from April 2011:

"The 220-pounder also has some recruiting interest from Duquesne, Delaware, Wagner, Memphis, and East Carolina."

http://hsnewyork.scout.com/2/1065743.html

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5719836

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_f3OJIIkcs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seD4FXITiXI&feature=related

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/ny/staten-island/tottenville-high-school/kenneth-coughlin

http://hsnewyork.scout.com/2/1141515.html

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Jordan Darland

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 16, 02:27:32pm

"Jordan Darland 6’2/225 LB – ... will visit Duquesne University on Jan. 28th and St. Francis on Jan. 31st."

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recruiting/2012/01/13/lakota-west-senior-football-players-exploring-college-options/

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/122001/jordan-darland#highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ2LyfdhBO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPcxgMc64A&feature=related

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=6686&name=lakotawestfootball

http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/oh/west-chester/lakota-west-high-school/jordan-darland1

http://www.msrohio.com/index.php?Itemid=129&add=1&cat=20&id=341&layout=listview&option=com_videoflow&sl=categories&tab=one&task=cats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8hrPAbeNiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BgKifnkZIo&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbK6kDSKpwY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/j34-SPATp0WoLlfPXUYUUA/football-fall-11/profile-jordan-darland.htm

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Sam Martello

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 15, 05:25:03pm

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=3500&name=eaglefnmn%40hotmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRs0ShbcmUc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/165339/sam-martello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOQr9yF1_UM

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Sam Martello

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 21, 07:07:16pm

It has been reported that Mr. Martello has given his verbal commitment to Duquesne.

Welcome to The Bluff, Sam!

GO DUKES!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Josh Padgett

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 15, 05:12:04pm

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=7648&name=jpadge1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0BjMh7sXu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdBdf_3s4JA

http://blogs.berecruited.com/blogs/athletes/45224526/

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiovarsity/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Padgett-128137

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Josh Padgett

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 21, 07:04:33pm

Apparently, Mr. Padgett has given a verbal commitment to Fordham.

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Devin Campbell

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, January 15, 04:53:53pm

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=6263&name=campbell21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylh9oHIPOk4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyYDclaDMfA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71m3enzdJgg

http://ohiovarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1202636

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiovarsity/football/recruiting/player-Devin-Campbell-104903

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/sep/30/campbell-leads-boardman-quest-league-championship/?print

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5030554

http://www.myvalleysports.com/content/features/gow/pog/story/Player-of-the-Game-21-Devin-Campbell/HYruYlAOMUmqJeIy1WQv7w.cspx

http://www.jjhuddle.com/news/articles/2011/8/24/photo-gallery-boardman-spartans-2011

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Devin Campbell

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 02:25:17pm

It has been reported that Mr. Campbell has committed to Buffalo (of the FBS).

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Zach Zidian

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 14, 01:07:16pm

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=7449&name=Zid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3E43TEWi8&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeaMLZhP3Qw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBuTcehytHU

http://big3scouting.com/index.php?s=zach+zidian

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Commit: Zach Zidian

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 12:13:32pm

It is reported that Mr. Zidian has committed to Duquesne.

Welcome to The Bluff, Zach!

GO DUKES!

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Chris Connors

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 14, 12:39:06pm

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=7352&name=Deuce91393

http://vimeo.com/30398583

http://vimeo.com/31753763

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/165325/christopher-connors

http://photos.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/2011/10/st_ignatius_beats_st_edwards_2_5.html

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/Lf-Wr2hIY0ia4u7t1idbjw/football-fall-11/profile-chris-connors.htm

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Quaison Osborne

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 14, 12:17:36pm

Probably a bit of a long shot, but as a line coach I would love to see more of the likes of Mr. Osborne on The Bluff.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/sandiegostate/football/recruiting/player-Quaison-Osborne-122060

http://duquesne.scout.com/a.z?s=420&p=8&c=1&nid=5677160

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5999693/quaison_osborne_72_ol_hudson_high_school_ohio/

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=7496

[> Subject: Re: 2012 Prospect: Quaison Osborne

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 02:39:13pm

It has been reported that Mr. Osborne has committed to Akron (FBS).

Subject: 2012 Prospect: Michael Difronzo

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 14, 11:43:30am

http://duquesne.scout.com/a.z?s=420&p=8&c=1&nid=4866410

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5daPlONTxmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4chrLLALTGU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyS_S0j_p2s&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi3vI7rhiOo

http://rivals.yahoo.com/sandiegostate/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Difronzo-116111

http://www.vcstar.com/photos/galleries/2010/sep/03/preps-football-sept-3/

http://www.vcstar.com/photos/2010/sep/03/105919/

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/FbT644W93Ua8dWDVGnWOmA/football-fall-11/profile-michael-difronzo.htm

Subject: Riverhounds to build a Soccer Stadium at Station Square

Author:
Coffee
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 12:02:30pm

I wonder if Duquesne is one of the local universities mentioned in "talks"? Who would the other be?http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_775852.html

[> Subject: Re: Riverhounds to build a Soccer Stadium at Station Square

Author:
Always a Duke
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 03:27:39pm

I can't imagine that Duquesne would lease the Riverhounds' new riverside stadium for any sports. Rooney Field has plenty of seating capacity for men's soccer, women's soccer, and women's LAX. Until the football team has several overflow crowds, I can't imagine that the Athletic Department would look to use the facility for football. With temporary bleachers Rooney Field would have more capacity than 3,500, the anticipated capacity of the new stadium. I contacted someone who is usually in the know on these types of things at Duquesne and was told that it seemed like the info from a representative of the Riverhounds may have been an intentional slip of the tongue to help in creating a little more interest in the stadium.

I'm not sure I agree with that interpretation. However, maybe Point Park would be the most logical college who might be interested since it sits immediately across the Mon River from the stadium site. Point Park fields both women's and men's soccer teams. To my knowledge Point Park uses Founders Field in Cheswick for for these sports. Occasionally it uses the Pgh. Public Schools' Cupples Stadium on the Southside.

Carlow University plays its soccer games at Founders Field in Cheswick as well. Station Square is a lot closer to Carlow than Cheswick. Maybe the Riverhounds are willing to rent their new stadium at a bargain price to some local colleges to attract some more interest in its new facility.

I think it's a great use for the land. I thought that the outdoor concert facility that's been there for 20 or so years was lookin' a bit long in the tooth. Having the new stadium there will also bring some needed customers to the businesses and restaurants in Station Square. Thumbs up to the Riverhounds!

By the way, I believe that a few female employees of Duquesne University play on the Pittsburgh Passion Football Team, who will make this facility its new home.

Subject: Recruits

Author:
TMH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 07, 03:41:01pm

I am not sure if anyone is tracking potential recruits with signing period only a month away but I did come up with Norman Sadler, Ath, Del Campo HS has been offered a scholarship.

[> Subject: Re: Recruits

Author:
Marquis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 03:13:19pm

Add this one too.
Griffin Elbert ATH 2012 Franklin Central, IN Talented DB

[> Subject: Re: Recruits

Author:
CoachL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 06:07:33pm

I'll start getting information posted in the next week or so. There are already some interesting prospects showing up on the radar.

[> [> Subject: Re: Recruits

Author:
TMH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, January 07, 03:41:01pm

I await your listing but do you have any information on Dillon Beuchle from Montour. He has big time #s as QB but has gotten virtually no real interest from FBS schools. To the best of my knowledge Duquesne is his only offer.

Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.