VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]

Illinois Pageant Information
Do you love pageants as much as we do? Join us in talking about everything pageant related going on in Illinois.
Get information on pageant expos, coaches, photographers, make up artists, hair stylists and wardrobe. Buy and sell pageant related items and services. Promote your pageant, yourself or your platform. This is the ILLINOIS Pageants Board!

This is not the "PERSONAL ATTACKS ON CONTESTANTS, TITLEHOLDERS AND DIRECTORS" board. People have opinions and we encourage you to share them. However, if your opinion and subsequently your comment posting serves no purpose other than to cause distress, also known as BULLYING, then you will be banned from posting. There are two or three people currently posting whose comments are not insightful or helpful. Commenting of this nature will not be tolerated.
That being said, this is also not the "YOU ARE THE MOST FABULOUS PERSON WHO EVER LIVED" board and it's possible you will read things said about you or someone you love that you do not like and don't want shared.
If you believe a comment has been made about you that is libelous, please contact me and we can discuss the issue. This is pulled from the internet and is in no way a substitution for contacting your lawyer (which we encourage you to do) so please read through to see if you have truly been affected. So much of what is written here does not meet the definition.

What is defamation, libel and slander?
Whether you are the victim of internet defamation or being wrongfully accused of internet defamation, you need to understand the law. In order for a comment, post or article to constitute internet libel, the following elements must typically be met:

The first thing you must prove is that the statement constitutes a false statement of fact. A fact is different than an opinion. A fact can be proven true or false. Opinions are typically not actionable as defamation. The false statement of fact must harm your reputation. There are many false statements posted across the internet. In order to constitute libel, a statement must not only be false but must harm you or your company’s reputation and cause harm.

The false statement of fact causing harm must be made without adequate due diligence or research into the truthfulness of the statement. Alternatively, plaintiffs often attempt to prove that the false statement of fact was made with full knowledge of its falsity.

If the person who is the subject of the false statement of fact is a celebrity or public official, the plaintiff must also prove “malice.” Malice is proven when the person posting the information on the internet intended to do harm or acted with reckless disregard of the truth in making the statements.

There is often confusion about the differences between defamation, libel and slander. In many ways, courts treat defamation on the internet similar to off-line defamation. But there are differences which you need to understand when the false statements are made on-line. Defamation: An unprivileged false statement of fact which tends to harm the reputation of a person or company. This is a catch-all term for both libel and slander.

Libel: Defamation which is written such as on a web site. Most on-line defamation occurs through libel by posting a web page, comment, bulletin board post, review, rating or blog post.

Slander: Defamation that is spoken such as through an transcribed video, podcast or audio file.

We absolutely will not respond to threats of any kind. Instead, please contact your lawyer and have them communicate with Voy. Thank you!

We encourage everyone to speak openly and honestly about their experiences, everyone has an opinion. However, in the interest of good sportsmanship, or good pageantryship, let's keep the comments free of cattiness and petty jealousy. Thank you!

To post pictures on the forum you will need to use a little bit of HTML. Start by typing < followed by img src then an = followed by " then enter the information of where the photograph is located. Most of the time it will look like something like this http//: www. IL Pageant Queens . jpg but without the spaces. After you enter the address then type another " and > We've received a few emails from pageant beginners about what to wear and where to shop for pageant clothes. I'd rather let the IL pageant community answer these questions on the board so everyone can benefit from the knowledge.

ILLINOIS Pageants Board for Teen, Miss, Ms and Mrs
Subject: Email from MAO sent this evening

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:39:22 06/26/15 Fri

Date: June 22, 2015 at 5:46:51 PM CDT
To: MAO Field Operations
Subject: Miss Illinois License Available

Dear Friends:

The Miss America Organization is currently accepting proposals from interested parties to operate the Miss Illinois State Organization. The specific guidelines and requirements for all Request for Proposals (RFPs) are attached and the deadline for consideration is Monday, July 27, 2015.

The Miss Illinois State License will be awarded based on attention to detail, business acumen, vision and actionable plans for the state which are addressed in the attached RFP. The RFP process is not a “formality” and no group has preference over any other group for MAO’s highly regarded state license. The Request For Proposal (RFP) is a search by the Miss America Organization for the best leadership. All proposals are carefully reviewed and kept confidential.

The Miss America Organization recognizes that the State Organization plays a critical role in the success of the national competition and it is important that the new Miss Illinois licensee clearly demonstrates their strategy and specific plan. All Requests for Proposals submitted in the online application no later than 4:00pm eastern Monday, July 27, 2015 will be considered. Late and/or hardcopy submissions will not be considered.

Please forward this information to anyone interested in the Miss Illinois license. With your assistance, we look forward to finding the most suitable organization to become part of the Miss America Organization.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

- Marc

Marc Angeli | Vice President Field Operations

Miss America Organization | PO Box 1919 | Atlantic City, NJ 08404
Replies:

Subject: Hey Ho! Hey Ho! Donald Trump has got to go!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:18:11 06/25/15 Thu

http://www.people.com/article/univision-drops-miss-usa-donald-trump-mexican-immigrants
Really. He really has to go.

Subject: Miss Illinois 2015

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:49:23 06/24/15 Wed

So Miss Illinois 2015 was awarded a $14,000 scholarship according to the Miss ISP 2015 program book. Who is going to pay her and the others their scholarship? Maybe free miles on United?
Replies:

Subject: 2015 Awards

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:59:50 06/24/15 Wed

Education is our Goal!
The Illinois Scholarship Association, Inc. provides viable educational opportunities to the young women of
Illinois through scholarships, service and volunteerism. It strives to recognize the intelligence, talent, moral
character and personal commitment of its exceptional participants as they pursue excellence resulting in
positive life experiences, spirit and goodwill.
ILLINOIS SCHOLARSHIP ASSOCIATION, INC.
AVAILABLE GIFTS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Miss Illinois 2015 $14,000*
Dale Carnegie Training Scholarship for Miss Illinois $ 1,800
Character Counts Training Scholarship for Miss Illinois $ 800**
1st Runner-Up $ 4,000
2nd Runner-Up $ 2,000
3rd Runner-Up $ 1,500
4th Runner-Up $ 1,200
Remaining Top Eleven Finalists (6 x $650 Each) $ 3,900
Remaining Twenty Contestants (20 x 225 Each) $ 4,500
Carolyn Paulus Talent Award $ 1,000**
State Community Service Award from the Miss America Organization $ 1,000***
State Academic Scholarship Award from the Miss America Organization $ 1,000***
Preliminary Swimsuit Award (2 x $300 Each) $ 600
Preliminary Talent Award (2 x $500 Each) $ 1,000
Preliminary Poise & Grace in Evening Wear Award (2 x $250) $ 500
Courtesy of Miss Illinois, Ashley Hatfield 2007, Bill and Belinda Hatfield
Friends of Miss Illinois-Miss Illinois’ Travel Card $ 100
Courtesy of Miss Illinois 2010, Whitney Thorpe-Klinsky, Dr. Robert Klinsky & Dr. Charissa Thorpe
Non-Finalist Talent Award $ 250
Non-Finalist Interview Award $ 250
Kevin McAleese-Special Judges Award $ 300
Linda Kay Fischer Community Service & Academia Award $ 250
Total Amount of Available Cash & Scholarships $40,050
*Includes the $2500 Charles & Theresa Brown Scholarship awarded separately by the Brown Family Trust
(Contestant must apply for this through the Brown Family Trust & must be applied for prior to Illinois Scholarships)
** Character Counts Training is available only at specified times in Illinois
**Carolyn K. Paulus Talent Scholarship is awarded by the Jean E. Paulus Community Foundation of Wabash County
(Contestant must apply for this through the Carolyn K. Paulus Foundation)
***State Community Service & Academic Award must applied for by the Miss America Organization
We gratefully acknowledge the award for the $1,500 for new Local Pageant Scholarships from the Miss America Organization
State Scholarships

Subject: Peyton Tucker

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:57:31 06/24/15 Wed

Has anyone seen the Gofundme Peyton posted stating that she needs help to get to nationals? So, Sad!
Replies:

Subject: 236 signatures on the Petition.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:09 06/24/15 Wed

Including:

Megan Ervin & mother
Marisa's mother
Grace Etzkorn and mother
Former teen director Rebecca
Former sponsors
Former board members
Long time volunteers
Local Directors
Parents of titleholders current and past

And of course, the mother of the princess who Amalia discriminated against due to her disability, paraded around talking about how Miss Illinois supports CMNH but her actions fell short of her words by not supporting this little girl who is a CMNH patient, and to top it all off, parked in a handicapped spot all week, as if mocking her.

Is this truly not enough for Miss America or SOMEONE to see something is wrong? I hope that WGN story comes out soon.
Replies:

Subject: With all of the turmoil going on in IL I hope we don't lose sight that we have a new Miss IL who no matter your opinions of her needs to be prepared for Miss America. She deserves that much!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:29 06/23/15 Tue

Replies:

Subject: Marc Angeli

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:53:15 06/22/15 Mon

Do you suppose that AS made Marc Angeli purchase a ticket to Miss ILLINOIS for entrance into the pageant? She use to charge her field director entrance when she ran a local. How tacky! No class.

Subject: Jane Ann

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:06:17 06/22/15 Mon

Well Jane Ann announced she was contacted by Fran Skinner Lewis and Doug Black. Maybe it's them? Let's add the shady Kl Daly, Stephanie Piller and you'll have the SAME mess again!
Replies:

Subject: click on this link and sing at the top of your lungs!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:56:58 06/22/15 Mon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

:)
Replies:

Subject: Peighton Young

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:44 06/19/15 Fri

us
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 00:20:18 06/17/15 Wed
In reply to: 's message, "I've got some gossip ladies...." on 20:46:14 06/16/15 Tue
I, Peighton Young- your Miss Metro East 2015, would like to clear things up. Yes, I did give up my title due to pregnancy. I did not sport a "swollen womb". I developed medical conditions which led to the discovery of my pregnancy. I am sorry if you feel that I have let down the system; however, we all are human. Sex education courses teach you ways of prevention and precaution, but also teach you that nothing is guaranteed. My precautions failed. However, I FIRMLY believe that God does not make mistakes, and if He did not want me to have this baby, I would not have become pregnant. I will stand firmly by my decision and make that a future platform to advocate to young women that their life is their own-not to be oppressed by the opinions of narrow-minded, ignorant people that, truly, do not know their situations. Should empowerment of young women be limited to those who only lead the "ideal" lifestyle? Empowerment in the Miss America Organization is intended to reach young women of all walks of life, all with different backgrounds, choices, and mistakes. We have all sinned and done things not the "ideal" way. Some of our mistakes our known, some are not. Mine is. My situation was not ideal, but the outcome was not a mistake. Do you believe all titleholders lead a perfect lifestyle? Of course not! They're all human! That's what makes these ladies relatable and personable, able to connect and reach out to other women. They've all looked difficult situations in the eye, faced them head-on, and come out better people because of them. THAT is what makes us leaders. This is my path, my testimony to share and hopefully inspire someone else through, someday. We all have our situations and crosses to carry. True leaders push through and better themselves and others through the hardest of situations. Is that what YOU are doing, by anonymously posting gossip? Are you leading and empowering women? It was not easy for me to step away from an organization that I love so dearly. I agree, the state needs reform. But that starts with the individual. People hiding behind their computer screens, talking to simply talk, ridiculing others-tbag helps nothing. I am so thankful for the opportunities and continued love and support that I continue to receive from MAO. Unfortunately, it's those that gossip, with a lack of understanding, that have been the downfall of the organization in this state. Again, I do not regret my decision. It's my story, my testimony, my outlet to minister to someone else. And I'm fortunate enough to gain life's greatest blessing through it. I encourage you all to count your own blessings, rather than waste time pointing fingers.
Replies:

Subject: The TRUTH about what has happened in Illinois

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:19:03 06/18/15 Thu

To those people trying to brush this off by claiming that Amalia and Glenn had this all planned in advance that they were resigning, you are so full of it. Here are a few verifiable facts:

1) Amalia resigned two weeks before the state pageant on behalf of her and Glenn, and then rescinded the resignations.

2) Several people contacted the MAO Board about the way Marissa has been treated and the firing of the Chicago Directors, which prompted the visit by Marc Angeli of MAO.

3) On the day that Angeli arrived in Marion, a TV crew from Chicago confronted Amalia while she was illegally parked in the handicapped parking spot in a fairly empty parking lot. She denied allegations of mistreating titleholders and volunteers. Marc Angeli was also approached by the TV crew and refused to talk to the media.

4) Angeli met with the Miss Illinois Board and told them that since Amalia communicated Glenn's resignation, it wasn't valid, but Amalia's resignation was valid and she was no longer Board Chair. He also stated that if she wanted to become Board Chair again, she'd have to be reelected by the Miss Illinois Board according to their by-laws.

5) After Angeli left Marion, the Board voted to reinstate Amalia as Board chairman.

6) The licensing agreement for the Miss Illinois Program was in place until November of this year. It was scheduled to come up for renewal, but it didn't expire for five more months.

7) JaneAnn has been calling people today telling them that a letter was received from MAO today informing them that the entire Miss Illinois Board has been fired, along with all officers, which includes JaneAnn. The state license agreement was terminated effective immediately.

So now I ask you ladies and gentlemen of the jury, does this sound like the scenario of a Board Chair and her Treasurer husband who planned this all along? All of the above facts have eye witnesses and can be easily verified.

So Amalia and her cronies can come here and post whatever drivel they want. We know the truth.

JUSTICE HAS FINALLY BEEN SERVED!
Replies:

Subject: Miss Illinois

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:07:34 06/18/15 Thu

Is Crystal Davis!
Replies:

Subject: While getting this license pulled was one giant step toward what is best for the organization, there are many more steps ahead. Celebrate this victory, absolutely, but let's stay focused on moving forward without this stone around our necks. Let her say what she wants. It's irrelevant now. There's healing to be done, fences to be mended and messes to be cleaned up.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:27:16 06/18/15 Thu

Replies:

Subject: Amalia's friend PAGEANT GURU

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:36:43 06/18/15 Thu

Why is it that posts about the messes in Ohio and Illinois are instantly deleted? Could it be that the moderator and AS bonded as judges for Oliveri back in 2012, when Miss Ohio produced a real "clapper" as the winner?
Replies:

Subject: Let's see how this strategy works on the other foor. "I've got some gossip ladies...." the number one charting song in Illinois is Ding Dong the With is Dead! Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch. ding dong the wicked With is Dead!!!! All Hail Dorothy! Here's to Marissa, the three directors who got "fired" the fealress folks who signed the petition, those who have been bullied but finally found their voice. Official word to come but everyone should start singing now...Ding, Dong the witch is dead....you know you want to. Go Ahead with a great BIG smile on your FACE!! Welcome back Miss Illinois Pageant and your integrity.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:46:45 06/18/15 Thu

Replies:

Subject: Will she bully the new directors?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:23:06 06/17/15 Wed

Deja vous when she lost the Miss Chicago Pageant! Then when the new directors took over she had the balls to cancel some of Miss Chicagos's appearances. Will she do the same to Crystal and the new ED?
Replies:

Subject: It's a good day from morning to night in Illinois.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:15:01 06/17/15 Wed

The psycho couple have left the building. So glad they FIRED her tired ass. Now she will have more time to teach the Chinese English.
Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Thank you for posting on the ILLINOIS Pageants voy board!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2015 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.