VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]

Illinois Pageant Information
Do you love pageants as much as we do? Join us in talking about everything pageant related going on in Illinois.
Get information on pageant expos, coaches, photographers, make up artists, hair stylists and wardrobe. Buy and sell pageant related items and services. Promote your pageant, yourself or your platform. This is the ILLINOIS Pageants Board!

To post pictures on the forum you will need to use a little bit of HTML. Start by typing < followed by img src then an = followed by " then enter the information of where the photograph is located. Most of the time it will look like something like this http//: www. IL Pageant Queens . jpg but without the spaces. After you enter the address then type another " and >

Miss Illinois USA's photo.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW MISS USA ILLINOIS 2016

We encourage everyone to speak openly and honestly about their experiences, everyone has an opinion. However, in the interest of good sportsmanship, or good pageantryship, let's keep the comments free of cattiness and petty jealousy. Thank you!
If you believe a comment has been made about you that is libelous, please contact us and we can discuss the issue. This is pulled from the internet and is in no way a substitution for contacting your lawyer (which we encourage you to do) so please read through to see if you have truly been affected. So much of what is written here does not meet the definition.

What is defamation, libel and slander?
Whether you are the victim of internet defamation or being wrongfully accused of internet defamation, you need to understand the law. In order for a comment, post or article to constitute internet libel, the following elements must typically be met:

The first thing you must prove is that the statement constitutes a false statement of fact. A fact is different than an opinion. A fact can be proven true or false. Opinions are typically not actionable as defamation. The false statement of fact must harm your reputation. There are many false statements posted across the internet. In order to constitute libel, a statement must not only be false but must harm you or your company’s reputation and cause harm.

The false statement of fact causing harm must be made without adequate due diligence or research into the truthfulness of the statement. Alternatively, plaintiffs often attempt to prove that the false statement of fact was made with full knowledge of its falsity.

If the person who is the subject of the false statement of fact is a celebrity or public official, the plaintiff must also prove “malice.” Malice is proven when the person posting the information on the internet intended to do harm or acted with reckless disregard of the truth in making the statements.

There is often confusion about the differences between defamation, libel and slander. In many ways, courts treat defamation on the internet similar to off-line defamation. But there are differences which you need to understand when the false statements are made on-line. Defamation: An unprivileged false statement of fact which tends to harm the reputation of a person or company. This is a catch-all term for both libel and slander.

Libel: Defamation which is written such as on a web site. Most on-line defamation occurs through libel by posting a web page, comment, bulletin board post, review, rating or blog post.

Slander: Defamation that is spoken such as through an transcribed video, podcast or audio file.

We absolutely will not respond to threats of any kind. Instead, please contact your lawyer and have them communicate with Voy. Thank you!

ILLINOIS Pageants Board for Teen, Miss, Ms and Mrs
Subject: These are not actions of someone who QUIT. So, the next time, I read they were quitting, let's just look at this document. And why would anyone in their right mind stay around when a volunteer organization says to "Go!". Just as many of the people she fired did, they left. They said, I don't have to deal with this. Yet, the ISA boards sues. I want to be on that jury. I'm sorry, but MAO is your boss, they fired you of a not for profit organization. They want the money to pay the liabilities. For any of you on this board saying they quit, these actions alone show that the ISA board ran by Amalia and her husband are not walking away from this. This is a volunteer organization, people fight this hard unless there is something in it for themhttps://tribwgntv.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/complaint-7-24-15.pdf.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:34:02 07/30/15 Thu

Replies:

Subject: Lawsuit; So as I sat watching last night, eating popcorn and listening to the sound track of the Wizard of Oz, I took the time to read over the Complaing Amalia's lawyer filed and has some musings I thought I would share. Based on th by-laws wher the corporate status is a sham, MAO should move to pierce the corporate veil and expose Amalia as the "organization" just as the by-laws state. Instead of inviting another fight due to AS not meeting th appeal stipulations, MAO should allow the hearing to go forward, enter its decision. Result? The lawsuit is moot. The trms of the license agreement kick in, money is required to be transferred stat. Once that occurs, move to dismiss the case. MAO does not do business in Illinois so the suit belongs in Federal Court. the City of Marion is a necessary party. The License Agreement needs to be attachd to the complaint. Anyway. She loses. Waste of money. Suing MAO when you are appealing their decision to kick you out is the height of stupidity.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:43 07/30/15 Thu

Replies:

Subject: Well that was very interesting.what kind of a Miss Illinois and her local director and her parents would let a nut case with hold money and take her phone and cut up a t shirt? I blame the whole board the local directors and the parents. That whole special made me sick. We let this pap pen!! Amalia and Glen should be so ashame!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:48 07/30/15 Thu

Replies:

Subject: The truth about Princess

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:32:26 07/30/15 Thu

This is from someone who was IN the meeting with Joe, Scott, and others!
Amalia WAS concerned about this little girl and had been in contact with her local ED Linda Byassee who did NOT want this girl at her princess TEA in Marion Illinois

Jane Ann called MAO and told them there was an issue! Linda B and she are friends! Amalia also called the ADA to find out what exactly was needed for this little girl.

And emails continued to this mother until the last day! Princess ED was also aware of everything the whole time!

They chose not to go on stage..,,,
Replies:

Subject: For those that need it, here's the link to part 2 of the WGN story

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:55:31 07/30/15 Thu

http://wgntv.com/2015/07/29/sadness-frustrations-nightmares-complaints-about-miss-illinois-leadership-center-around-one-woman/

Subject: Miss America Organization is to blame

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:22:55 07/29/15 Wed

The real culprits here are the Miss America organizers who did NOTHING for nine years. They knew what was happening in Illinois. I think an expose needs to be done on them next. John Oliver is getting a copy of the WGN segments with jolly old Amalia and her sorted horrific reign of terror. CBS, ABC and NBS news will also get copies.
Replies:

Subject: Hearsay

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:11:39 07/29/15 Wed

The problem with all this is that it is making everyone involved with Miss Illinois look horrible. From contestants to parents, directors,volunteers, etc..as it stands its all hearsay since no one is putting their name with their posts.... would make since if "any" of this is true, then why dont people write what exactly happened, sign and date....just like a court of law... all is innocent until proven guilty... with facts documents, signed and dated....
Replies:

Subject: Dear Amalia: I have just learned that WGN is going to air TWO NIGHTS of an expose of the disatrous leadeership you provided to Illinois for the last nine yars and is hyping the show asking for a show of hands of how many people have HORROR stories to tll about you. So, you were kicked out uncermoniously in the worst way MAO has ever done to anyone, your "appeal" failed and was a farce to begin with, and now for two nights you will be publicly humiliatd on tv across the country. You said you wre such close friends with Sam but he did this to you and you remain silent? Are you melting and that is why you cannot speak?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:03:09 07/29/15 Wed

Replies:

Subject: Change for Miss Illinois

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:22 07/29/15 Wed

So a change in leadership has been made. But who is leading. The teen pageant is happening right now and Miss is next month. Who is the state director and board. Is anyone down in Florida right now supporting the teen or next month in Atlantic City? Since the board was fired right after state who did they have to help them prepare in 6,short weeks. I think the national board could have at least waited until after the Miss America pageant. Good luck to those two young ladies they are on their own.
Replies:

Subject: WGN Story Link

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:10:25 07/28/15 Tue

I don't know how to post the video on here, but here's the link to the WGN TV website with the full story.

Enjoy!

http://wgntv.com/2015/07/28/pulling-back-the-curtain-on-the-miss-illinois-scholarship-pageant/

Subject: Who is Glenn Black?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:07:35 07/28/15 Tue

Replies:

Subject: WGN lead story

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:03:20 07/28/15 Tue

What a sick woman.
Replies:

Subject: T Minus 35 minutes until exposure time - WGN

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:26 07/28/15 Tue

Replies:

Subject: do you think AS and GS will end up in hell? And Mary Lane Haskell, what is daddy going to do?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:56 07/28/15 Tue

Replies:

Subject: New Pageant Coach!!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:51 07/28/15 Tue

Hello! My name is Lark Lewis and I am looking to start coaching pageant contestants in the Northern Illinois area. I am a journalism major at NIU and have competed in the National American Miss circuit in High School. I also have been dancing since I was 6 so I have expertise in all aspects of pageantry. If anyone is interested, please feel free to email me at larklewis12@gmail.com and we can set up a time to meet! I am a driven, educated, smart woman who is knowledgeable about the pageant world. I am here to make your child as successful as possible. Thank you!

Subject: WGN promos

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:45 07/28/15 Tue

One of the teasers shows Mark Suppelsa asking AS about more than 70 resigning? I wonder if that's local director or Board members? Regardless, this organization has been a complete revolving door. Can't wait to hear what sort of answer she gives, or if she even answers the question at all.

Subject: Faggot calling?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:48 07/28/15 Tue

Your IP address had been recorded and reported to the Illinois Hate Crime unit.

Subject: WGN story about the Miss Illinois Program

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:48:03 07/28/15 Tue

Everyone knows that WGN showed up at the State Pageant last month in Marion. They will be airing their story about the Miss Illinois Program this week on Tuesday and Wednesday. It will be a 2-part investigative feature as part of their 9:00 newscast.

Can't wait to see what they have to report.
Replies:

Subject: Mary Lane Haskell: The first of WGN television's expose on the MAO will begin in Illinois tomorrow with TWO NIGHTS of in-depth interviews. Your Dad's failure to remove Amalia for whatver reason is now the catalyst for investigations that are broadening. Dave Morgan, who is a close ally to Amalia (her first producer, judged Illilnoisthree years ago, started a local program) is NOT acceptable in the opinions of many in this state. His relationship with Amalia is now being looked at as well. Christophere Schramm for whom Morgan is the front is tied to your Dad's good friend Mary Sullivan in Florida, she with the husband who was disbarred. Ask Citgo why Florida no longer has their gas sponsorship. SAchramm's ties to her, the Florida program, the Texas program where Schramm started all now being looked at. Illinois deserves real leadership. Not political, back door shenanigans. Take ads out in newspapers, send info to Universities, make the RFP public. The pandora's box is OPEN.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:25:17 07/28/15 Tue

Replies:

Subject: MAC What is going on? MAC doesn't seem to care about girls cheating and winning or taking Top 5 placements from girls at the national or state level. For the past two years a junior teen contestant was reported to Patty Hawkins for cheating. She claims to be a 3 year high school graduate, avid volunteer at Brookfield Zoo, and relay for life participant. None of these facts could be verified. Brookfield Zoo has never heard of her, she didn't graduate from high school this past May, and the Relay for Life team at her school doesn't list her name either. BOTH YEARS SHE TOOK A TOP 5 PLACEMENT AT NATIONALS FROM HONEST DESERVING YOUNG LADIES. After reporting her to Patty Hawkins, the same contestant returned to her state pageant this past weekend in Illinois and she used the same intro. FULL OF FABRICATIONS! Worst part is she won again! How is this allowed? If a contestant is proven to cheat and win, they should be stripped of their crown and banned from competing. See below:

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:41 07/28/15 Tue

American Coed. What is going on? American Coed was a family tradition that we were proud to be a part of. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. Back in the 2003 when my daughter first started competing the title meant something. There were over 100 girls in a division, and there was one winner. Today Patty Hawkins awards multiple titles minimizing the value of winning the pageant. So if your daughter wins, she then has to go to nationals and recompete against the same girls she just beat at the state level. Her quality of judges over the years has diminished as well. Sometimes using coaches as judges. Never should a coach be judging a pageant, it is a conflict of interest. More alarming is that American Coed doesn't seem to care about girls cheating and winning or taking Top 5 placements from girls at the national or state level. For the past two years a junior teen contestant was reported to Patty Hawkins for doing the same thing. Over the past two years she has claimed to be a 3 year high school graduate, avid volunteer at Brookfield Zoo, and relay for life participant. None of these facts could be verified. Brookfield Zoo has never heard of her, she didn't graduate from high school this past May, and the Relay for Life team at her school doesn't list her name either. BOTH YEARS SHE TOOK A TOP 5 PLACEMENT AT NATIONALS FROM HONEST DESERVING YOUNG LADIES. After reporting her to Patty Hawkins, the same contestant returned to her state pageant this past weekend in Illinois and she used the same intro. FULL OF UNTRUTHS! Worst part is she won again! How is this allowed? If a contestant is proven to cheat and win, they should be stripped of their crown and banned from competing. Is MAC so desperate for contestants they needs to crown girls that obviously will do anything to win? I just recall a time when Patty Hawkins wouldn't stand for this, but over the years it seems as though she will allow anyone to compete. MAC should look into this contestant and when it is proven that what I am saying here is truthful, Patty Hawkins should take action and make an example of her. After all she is a teen! Want proof call Regi at Brookfield Zoo 1-708-688-8366 or Ashley 1-708-688-8958 and you can watch the graduation video from her high school from this May here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh06mxbNb0k If she was a 3 year graduate she would have been called. All of this was reported to Patty last November, it is time for her to stop allowing these girls to take titles from honest amazing role models.
Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Thank you for posting on the ILLINOIS Pageants voy board!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2015 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.