Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Member logins with Firefox should now be operational.
VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]

Illinois Pageant Information
Do you love pageants as much as we do? Join us in talking about everything pageant related going on in Illinois.
Get information on pageant expos, coaches, photographers, make up artists, hair stylists and wardrobe. Buy and sell pageant related items and services. Promote your pageant, yourself or your platform. This is the ILLINOIS Pageants Board!

CONGRATULATIONS TO MISS ILLINOIS JARYN FRANKLIN 2016

We encourage everyone to speak openly and honestly about their experiences, everyone has an opinion. However, in the interest of good sportsmanship, or good pageantryship, let's keep the comments free of cattiness and petty jealousy. Thank you!
If you believe a comment has been made about you that is libelous, please contact us and we can discuss the issue. This is pulled from the internet and is in no way a substitution for contacting your lawyer (which we encourage you to do) so please read through to see if you have truly been affected. So much of what is written here does not meet the definition.

What is defamation, libel and slander?
Whether you are the victim of internet defamation or being wrongfully accused of internet defamation, you need to understand the law. In order for a comment, post or article to constitute internet libel, the following elements must typically be met:

The first thing you must prove is that the statement constitutes a false statement of fact. A fact is different than an opinion. A fact can be proven true or false. Opinions are typically not actionable as defamation. The false statement of fact must harm your reputation. There are many false statements posted across the internet. In order to constitute libel, a statement must not only be false but must harm you or your company’s reputation and cause harm.

The false statement of fact causing harm must be made without adequate due diligence or research into the truthfulness of the statement. Alternatively, plaintiffs often attempt to prove that the false statement of fact was made with full knowledge of its falsity.

If the person who is the subject of the false statement of fact is a celebrity or public official, the plaintiff must also prove “malice.” Malice is proven when the person posting the information on the internet intended to do harm or acted with reckless disregard of the truth in making the statements.

There is often confusion about the differences between defamation, libel and slander. In many ways, courts treat defamation on the internet similar to off-line defamation. But there are differences which you need to understand when the false statements are made on-line. Defamation: An unprivileged false statement of fact which tends to harm the reputation of a person or company. This is a catch-all term for both libel and slander.

Libel: Defamation which is written such as on a web site. Most on-line defamation occurs through libel by posting a web page, comment, bulletin board post, review, rating or blog post.

Slander: Defamation that is spoken such as through an transcribed video, podcast or audio file.

We absolutely will not respond to threats of any kind. Instead, please contact your lawyer and have them communicate with Voy. Thank you!

ILLINOIS Pageants Board for Teen, Miss, Ms and Mrs
Subject: Something good had to happen?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:48:52 08/25/15 Tue

Can we at least share some good that has happened, instead all negative and AS????
Replies:

Subject: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eZD0eTlLeH8 Miss Illinois' People's Choice video

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:30 08/24/15 Mon

Replies:

Subject: Do you think the HR people at United will li,e to hear about ASS pulling travel for Crystal to get to Miss America? Well I do!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:37 08/23/15 Sun

Replies:

Subject: Jane Ann spoke to Fran Skinner & Doug Black

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:55:30 08/21/15 Fri

Jane Ann Blindsided????? REALLY???? ....stupid people.... Did you watch the visual coverage? She is actually in the video that was taken as she was in her car driving Mark Angeli to the "Private" Secret meeting. NOT blindsided more like "IN CAHOOTS" Cant play both sides of the fence and not let it bite you in the ass later! She was exposed right then and there as a traitor! She sat in the corner of the hotel spying and stalking every day through pageant week. Had she spent more time doing what she was suppose to be doing as ED for the girls instead of seeing how many angles she could stir up in taking the board and the program down to make herself Queen would have actually benefited the program... and in the end she is gone too. Another used pawn from MAO. They DO know how to plant a mole!
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Replies:

Subject: What qualifies someone to be a pageant judge? I know some systems have their own certifications, and some don't. Some systems use those knowledgeable in the entertainment or speaking fields, former titleholders, etc. What kind of experience should one have?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:51 08/21/15 Fri

Replies:

Subject: Has Glen showed us the books yet? MAO we should see the books? I'd like to see the lies and how much money Glen and Amalia have taken for their own personal use? They say they volunteered and they lead this organization as a volunteer! Then show us the books. Glen is a chicken - won't product those books!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:20:04 08/20/15 Thu

Replies:

Subject: While all of this stuff is going on with the wicked one AS I feel sorry for our current title holder Crystal. Who is preparing her for Miss America? Who sets up her appearances? Not the year she dreamed of I am sure.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:17:14 08/20/15 Thu

Replies:

Subject: Illinois USA

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:38 08/20/15 Thu

How similar or different is this state pageant in cost especially from MAO? I haven't seen any info released about prelim nights like MAO does and am trying to plan accordingly. Cheaper, more expensive? Seeing as its September 4-7 who competes when? Help please and thank you! =)
Replies:

Subject: Any contestants jumping ship from Miss IL to Miss IL USA?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:46:59 08/19/15 Wed

Replies:

Subject: IL USA

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:43:35 08/19/15 Wed

Miss Illinois USA is quickly approaching!! Who's competing?
Replies:

Subject: People should look at them selves before judging. One day we will all be judged.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:02:30 08/19/15 Wed

2 Timothy 3

You should know this Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and loove pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make then godly. Stay away from people like that.

People before posting on here, look in mirror. This is words from our Maker to follow. Don't forget we all will be judged acoordingly of what we have done. If don't know for sure bite tongue. Amen
Replies:

Subject: WGN

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:26:49 08/19/15 Wed

So the formers were waiting to talk to MAO. Consensus was no media involvement. Who jumped it and went to WGN? Obviously it was someone who wanted more than a solution. You could tell by the news video that Jane Ann had been blindsided.
Replies:

Subject: "...Yes we need new and strong leadership, but let's also build from the bottom-up as well!" I had to repost this comment because I think it deserves attention. While we're waiting for leadership at the state level, what can we be doing as volunteers, local directors, etc., to shift our focus away from the negative past and toward a positive future as we begin the process of rebuilding the organization?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:59:05 08/19/15 Wed

Replies:

Subject: So what happened with the appeal Amalia filed on behalf of ISA?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:41 08/19/15 Wed

Replies:

Subject: Pageant Coach Needed

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:44:01 08/19/15 Wed

I am searching for a pageant coach in the Ottawa area or Dekalb area. She is 16 years old and competed in her first pageant (NAM). She loved the experience and would like to compete more. Anyone who could help point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Replies:

Subject: Doug Black

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:25:30 08/18/15 Tue

Heard through a very reliable source and I am from Wisconsin that WGN is now investigating Doug Black! They called the current WI ED.

This ain't over yet.... Good riddance to DB. Sue Captain was also called!
Replies:

Subject: Pageant Confusion!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:04:29 08/16/15 Sun

I visited this board to get some information on pageants in Illinois because my 10 year old did a fair pageant and now has the desire to do more. All I can find is people yelling about things I don't understand. Is there any area on this site that either 1. Explains what all of the fighting is about, or 2. Gives actual information about pageants? I've tried Pageant Planet but it just gives me links that are mostly not updated. I would really like to be able to find a site with good information and some actual advice. Thanks in advance.
Replies:

Subject: I think its awful the way people are talking on here about Mistress Amalia. Miss Illinois had a strong leader , who was the dominatrix of all she surveyed. So what if she is a P/T flight attendant and the feckless one is a P/T carpenter? They live the American dream. a large home in LITH, a fancy car with vanity plates and the condo in South Carolina . Please do not take her riding crop away.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:34:07 08/16/15 Sun

Replies:

Subject: They gave the same to previous teen titleholders - so everyone before Grace wasn't given money like Peyton. It is about making themselves look good because they are appealing. Show us the books Glen or are you hiding something by now passing out this kind of cash!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:54:12 08/13/15 Thu

Subject: AS: You had 9 years in which to ingratiate yourself with everyone involved in the pageant. Instead you chose to separate people from one another, cause strife, gossip, and worst of all, intimidate young women into succumbing to your bidding, or fear losing their titles. As someone who has worked with young adults for many years, I highly doubt that this is good or effective training to become successful. More so, it is you overstepping your boundaries as a so called mentor and forever changing these young women's outlook on the world. Look at your own family that you hold in such high regard: multiple marriages and one token child who has had quite the experience with your idea of parenting. A little soul searching and professional help might be in line for you, rather than getting on this board to trash talk those who called you out!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:46:06 08/12/15 Wed

Replies:

Subject: This post from further down really is telling.......

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:00:42 08/10/15 Mon

Further down, someone posted the following reply, which needs to be highlighted in its own separate post and gets to the heart of the problems within the Miss Illinois Program the last nine years:

"The POINT is....the WGN story is a complete load of crap and some of ( ALL OF) the people on the panel are not credible. You have a stalker, some chic that got fired because ahe bounced checks and the Teen ED, a few other chics that didnt follow the rules and were put on probation, a pissed off parent ( what else is new?). The point it not to deflect....the point is, people are taking what these 8 people are saying and running with it. They are NOT reliable resources and these stories are made up, hearsay or completely embellished. People are STILL afraid to speak the truth....what sort of backlash would there be? Especially now with AS out? They're cowards! The petition included A LOT of people that never even met AS and had absolutely nothing to do with the organization. Friends of friends of friends signed that thing. It's not too difficult to get 250 signatures. People just believe any old bullshit these days....."

This post could only come from about three or four different people. The denial speaks volumes. So now they are claiming that everyone who appeared in the WGN story is not credible, as well as the people who signed the petition.

To the poster of this drivel, YOU miss the point. For the 11 people who appeared on WGN to speak out, there are at least ten people who didn't step forward who had similar experiences. I was first contacted by WGN this past April, and for everything they asked me on the phone, they asked for proof or verification. This report was not thrown together in a couple of days and went way beyond the people shown on camera. WGN spent MONTHS pouring through individual testimonies, letters, emails, etc. to validate their story. We've also confirmed that between letters to MAO, the on-line petition and meetings with Angeli that eight Miss Illinois titleholders stepped forth to express their frustration over their year. Tell me how many other states in the history of Miss America have had EIGHT titleholders in nine years demand change!

The real pathetic part is how deep the denial runs, when the numbers of people negatively impacted speaks volumes. Guess what? If all of those people who left the organization over the last nine years were bad and eight out of nine Miss Illinois titleholders were "spoiled brats" with "another pissed-off parent" that still reflects poorly on A.S. and her board of hand-picked puppets. After all, it was A.S. and her Board who were responsible for bringing in volunteers and selecting the judges who were supposed to give then an "manageable" Miss Illinois. So if all of those people were bad, then all of this still falls back to their FAILED LEADERSHIP!!!!

To this small group of people still in denial and trying to claim that the WGN story was fabricated b.s.: you really need help. I don't make that statement as a cut down or slam. I say that constructively, in that you really need some counseling or some sort of help to face the reality of the bad culture you created within this program for nine long years. I take mental health seriously, and the best thing you can do is just get yourself some help and move on. Volunteer in different venues; throw yourself into your job; spend time with your family; take a vacation, but for your own sakes, move on and accept the responsibility. Learn from the failure and move on.
Replies:

Subject: Does Illinois USA have locals

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:08:51 08/09/15 Sun

Looking for one

Subject: illinois website

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:16:14 08/08/15 Sat

Why is the Miss Illinois website unavailable?

Subject: Could we PLEASE discuss other areas of pageantry in Illinois?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:02 08/08/15 Sat

This Illinois America drama has completely overshadowed everything else going on in our great state and the girls involved. There are several other systems out there with great girls and great people. Can move move forward and focus on those? I am bored with the America drama!
Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Thank you for posting on the ILLINOIS Pageants voy board!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.