VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]

Illinois Pageant Information
Do you love pageants as much as we do? Join us in talking about everything pageant related going on in Illinois.
Get information on pageant expos, coaches, photographers, make up artists, hair stylists and wardrobe. Buy and sell pageant related items and services. Promote your pageant, yourself or your platform. This is the ILLINOIS Pageants Board!

This is not the "PERSONAL ATTACKS ON CONTESTANTS, TITLEHOLDERS AND DIRECTORS" board. People have opinions and we encourage you to share them. However, if your opinion and subsequently your comment posting serves no purpose other than to cause distress, also known as BULLYING, then you will be banned from posting. There are two or three people currently posting whose comments are not insightful or helpful. Commenting of this nature will not be tolerated.
That being said, this is also not the "YOU ARE THE MOST FABULOUS PERSON WHO EVER LIVED" board and it's possible you will read things said about you or someone you love that you do not like and don't want shared.
If you believe a comment has been made about you that is libelous, please contact me and we can discuss the issue. This is pulled from the internet and is in no way a substitution for contacting your lawyer (which we encourage you to do) so please read through to see if you have truly been affected. So much of what is written here does not meet the definition.

What is defamation, libel and slander?
Whether you are the victim of internet defamation or being wrongfully accused of internet defamation, you need to understand the law. In order for a comment, post or article to constitute internet libel, the following elements must typically be met:

The first thing you must prove is that the statement constitutes a false statement of fact. A fact is different than an opinion. A fact can be proven true or false. Opinions are typically not actionable as defamation. The false statement of fact must harm your reputation. There are many false statements posted across the internet. In order to constitute libel, a statement must not only be false but must harm you or your company’s reputation and cause harm.

The false statement of fact causing harm must be made without adequate due diligence or research into the truthfulness of the statement. Alternatively, plaintiffs often attempt to prove that the false statement of fact was made with full knowledge of its falsity.

If the person who is the subject of the false statement of fact is a celebrity or public official, the plaintiff must also prove “malice.” Malice is proven when the person posting the information on the internet intended to do harm or acted with reckless disregard of the truth in making the statements.

There is often confusion about the differences between defamation, libel and slander. In many ways, courts treat defamation on the internet similar to off-line defamation. But there are differences which you need to understand when the false statements are made on-line. Defamation: An unprivileged false statement of fact which tends to harm the reputation of a person or company. This is a catch-all term for both libel and slander.

Libel: Defamation which is written such as on a web site. Most on-line defamation occurs through libel by posting a web page, comment, bulletin board post, review, rating or blog post.

Slander: Defamation that is spoken such as through an transcribed video, podcast or audio file.

We absolutely will not respond to threats of any kind. Instead, please contact your lawyer and have them communicate with Voy. Thank you!

We encourage everyone to speak openly and honestly about their experiences, everyone has an opinion. However, in the interest of good sportsmanship, or good pageantryship, let's keep the comments free of cattiness and petty jealousy. Thank you!

To post pictures on the forum you will need to use a little bit of HTML. Start by typing < followed by img src then an = followed by " then enter the information of where the photograph is located. Most of the time it will look like something like this http//: www. IL Pageant Queens . jpg but without the spaces. After you enter the address then type another " and > We've received a few emails from pageant beginners about what to wear and where to shop for pageant clothes. I'd rather let the IL pageant community answer these questions on the board so everyone can benefit from the knowledge.

ILLINOIS Pageants Board for Teen, Miss, Ms and Mrs
Subject: I just saw marisa's letter to the local contestants. Wow. It was eye opening.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:39 05/23/15 Sat

Replies:

Subject: Miss Illinois 1992

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:09:03 05/22/15 Fri

Could someone please list the runners-up for Miss Illiois 1992? This is the year Kathleen Farrell won & Cheryl Majercik (IL 91) crowned her successor. Thanks in advance!

Subject: Doing it for the contestants....

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:26:59 05/22/15 Fri

I must say for those of you that write on here about things or situations that you know NOTHING about is ridiculous. If I was a state director I would have cut my losses a long time ago and you would not have a pageant regardless of the possibility of low numbers. As a teacher I expect my students to follow directions and as adults you should follow directions too. Rules are rules and if you decide that you are 'above' the rules you do NOT deserve to be a part of something so special as the MAO.
I for one was cornered by Miss Illinois' mom. Yes, my pageant personally has been affected by Marisa's poor decisions! I was lied to straight to my face and then when she realized that we knew what was being said wasn't true she skirted her way around to take no responsibility.
But, this was not 'mom's' business. As a parent of Miss Illinois one must realize that the contract is signed between the contestant and the program. Not her parent(s). I am tired of this crap of people not following directions and thinking only of themselves and not what is best for the program as a whole. How old must your child be before you quit coming to his/her rescue?
Put your personal opinions aside and decide people if you are in the program for the right decision(s) and not for stroking your own ego. I have peaked at this board and I am very good at reading between the lines being able to tell whom is writing on here. I am a LONG time volunteer and it disgusts me to see people on her barking about conversations that they really know nothing about.
And finally - if I had paid for Teresa Scanlan to come speak and my Miss had behaved so poorly - damn right she would not have spoken. Marisa is not the first Miss Illinois who did not speak at SF. (And yes, even prior to Amalia) So, in closing - I will sign my name and bash away because I really don't care to hear or read your selfish ego comments while trying to stir the pot. GROW UP people. This world has a whole lot more to worry about then if your daughter was overlooked (reason or not) and because you want your way. Director Ms. Sherri
Replies:

Subject: Sunburst State Finals DEADLINE to enter MAY 1,

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:36:46 05/20/15 Wed

Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, MID-WEST state finals
May 22,23,24
Crown Plaza Hotel
3000 S. Dirksen Pky
Springfield, IL 62703
76.00 hotel rates.
LAST WEEK TO ENTER, Deadline May 1, 2015.
Mary@sunburstbeauty.com

Does anyone know who is doing Hair and Makeup???
Replies:

Subject: Why wasn't Miss Illinois allowed to speak at Spring Forum???

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:09:24 05/20/15 Wed

Subject: Illinois Directors

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:28:27 05/19/15 Tue

Just relocated to Chicago from Dallas, so unfamiliar with Illinois directors. Just wondering what your experiences have been with directors for USA, United States and International. I've done all of these for Texas and ready to compete again. I think queen/director relationships are important. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank y'all.
Replies:

Subject: Shoutout to the current Miss Illinois America - she's had an incredible year! I follow her in FB and IG and it seems like everyday she's posting pictures in regard to what she's doing to represent the MAO system. I have been impressed by all her work and involvement! Way to Go Girl!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:40:57 05/13/15 Wed

Replies:

Subject: Preteens

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:17 05/04/15 Mon

Did Illinois get some sort of special permission to have the preteen program? I heard that MAO said that states could no longer have the preteen programs. Not try to stir up trouble, just wondering if there is a legitimate reason that Illinois is still allowed to have a preteen.
Replies:

Subject: Fox Valley Winners!! Thoughts?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:27 04/22/15 Wed

Miss
Fox Valley: Kogan Murphy
Chain O' Lakes: Ariel Beverly
Prairie State: Natalie Schroll

TEEN
Fox Valley's Outstanding Teen: Mackenzie Nightingale
Chain O Lakes Outstanding Teen: Grace Lynn Keller
1st Runner Up/Prairie State's Outstanding Teen at large: McKara Caldwell

PRETEEN
Fox Valley Preteen: Olivia Newcomb
1st Runner Up/Chain O' Lakes Preteen at large: Morgan Widmer
Replies:

Subject: JAMYE SHAW SWIMSUIT - A STEAL AT $39! Ends today!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:49:05 04/18/15 Sat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201328858022

Subject: Make your prediction for Miss Illinois on the Road to Miss America

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:21 04/18/15 Sat

http://www.voy.com/241665/
Replies:

Subject: Has anyone yet heard dates for Illinois International?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:08:33 04/18/15 Sat

I wonder if there is a new director and staff? I wrote a letter to the national director after last year and will not allow my daughter to compete until there are capable people running it and with valid judges.
Replies:

Subject: Illinois International is this weekend. Illinois United States is March 29th. Any predictions?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:58:52 04/18/15 Sat

Replies:

Subject: FROM THE MODS: Linking to an newspaper article posted to the internet is not libel, slander, defamation of character, or a violation of HIPAA laws.It is an event that happened and was reported on.The subject of the article reached out to the media to get her story published.The article references pageant involvement and is a relevant topic on nearly every pageant board on voy - archetypal "Pageant Mom". How far will some parents go to advance the pageant careers of their daughters? As MODERATORS of the board, we find this kind of sensational gossip distasteful. Generally when someone contacts us, we will take an offensive post down. However, we will not respond affirmatively to threats no matter who they are from.

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:03:25 04/17/15 Fri

Replies:

Subject: Collages of head shots are up for Miss, Teen, and PreTeen!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:15:29 04/16/15 Thu

Subject: pagaent coach

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:50:06 04/08/15 Wed

Looking for a pageant coach, but how does it work? I have been told that it can be done on line (Skype), in person, via emails or by phone. Not sure what is the best. Do they help pick out outfits, help with speeches, walking, speaking, I am so confused. Please advise. I am near the Chicago area. Thanks for your help
Replies:

Subject: So what did everyone think of the Miss Illinois United States pageant this weekend?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:24:44 03/30/15 Mon

Replies:

Subject: Who will be Miss Illinois USA this year?!?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:47 03/21/15 Sat

Who will be Miss Illinois USA this year?!?
Replies:

Subject: Triple crown pageant last weekend WHO WON?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:44:18 03/17/15 Tue

Subject: Miss Worldwide

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:41:31 03/16/15 Mon

Sherrie Gearheart has this new system, I guess and it's called Miss Worldwide. A ton of girls were crowned over the weekend. Black European style sashes and a crown that is almost identical to the Galaxy crowns. What's the deal?

Subject: IJM is this weekend. Tam and Krystal are amazing directors!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:39:17 03/16/15 Mon

Replies:

Subject: Miss Galaxy

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:26:44 03/15/15 Sun

Could someone tell me more about this system? Anyone who has competed? Thank you.
Replies:

Subject: RUTHIE JAGER IS MISS ILLINOIS INTERNATIONAL 2015!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:52:38 03/11/15 Wed

Replies:

Subject: Who won Miss Quincy/Miss Gem City?? Anyone there to give is the details?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:30:16 03/09/15 Mon

Replies:

Subject: I know it might be too soon to be doing this! But are there any predictions for this summer..?! Miss, Teen, and Preteen?!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:41 03/04/15 Wed

Subject: Macomb

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:40:05 03/03/15 Tue

Are there any returning contestants competing at Macomb this weekend? Who are the standouts this year? Excited to attend, been a few years since I have been available on that date!
Replies:

Subject: Chicago winners are out! Anyone there to comment on stand outs or performances?!

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:45:40 02/28/15 Sat

Replies:

Subject: Skyline is this weekend.. Anyone know who's competing?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:29:31 02/23/15 Mon

Replies:

Subject: Prayers for Megan Ervin

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:42:26 02/11/15 Wed

Please keep Megan Ervin our Miss Illinois in your prayers. She is in the hospital in MN.
Replies:

Subject: Miss Mississippi Crown... Anyone know who's competing tomorrow?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:36:20 02/10/15 Tue

Replies:

Subject: Can someone post the results for the Miss Illinois County Fair pageant tonight, please & thank you

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:45:41 02/09/15 Mon

Replies:

Subject: Fox Valley is around the corner! Anyone know who's competing? Top contenders?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:17:33 02/06/15 Fri

Replies:

Subject: Miss Illinois United States is next month. Who's competing?

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:47:23 02/03/15 Tue

Subject: Miss Chicago

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:35 01/26/15 Mon

Who is competing for Miss Chicago?
Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 1234[5]678910 ]
Thank you for posting on the ILLINOIS Pageants voy board!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.