VoyForums

23/07/03 14:51:33VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Re: Coach roof Cracking

Author:
nick
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 5/11/06 11:32:46
In reply to: johnt 's message, "Re: Coach roof Cracking" on 5/11/06 1:32:14

No John, I think whether or not the trapper has a balsa core isn't anything to do with the headlining.

The headlining is a non structural component. It was simply a choice to use that rather than a more conventional foam on ply lining or foam on fibreglass lining.

Personally I think it was a good choice, it is very easy to clean and keeps the boat looking tidy with the minimum of maintenance, although I'd prefer it if they had put more thought into access behind the moulding for rewiring and stanchion base repair.

Whether or not the Trapper deck has a full balsa core or not, which I doubt, the headlining is irrelevant.

If there is a core, I imagine it is only in the flat sections of deck, and I don't see the point of doing it with spacers.

I know someone who used to work at Trappers in poole so I'll ask him next time I see him.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Coach roof Crackingjohnt 5/11/06 19:34:13

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.