VoyForums

23/07/03 14:51:33VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Re: TS240 Keel Position

Author:
Alan Lambton
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 6/11/06 21:50:15
In reply to: paul 's message, "TS240 Keel Position" on 6/11/06 15:45:20

Hi Paul,

Ocean Air has never had a retaining pin - or hydraulics, you just wind up the keel and leave it there. If I remember rightly Godfrey said once that his hydraulics leaked (or crept?) a bit , so he had to pump the keel up slightly before he could get the pin out. I suppose this would be a good reason for not putting the pin as high as it will possibly go.

When Ocean Air takes the ground the keel is pushed about 8" up to the top of the case and she sits down bolt upright. She has been doing this for 10 years now and it doesn't seem to cause any problem. I think that the centre of gravity issue doesn't matter a lot as the keel bulb is always under the hull and that is the heaviest bit. Boats like Foxterriers and E boats have no bulb, can lift their keels completely flush with the bottom and they seem to survive! - don't steer too well with no keel at all tho.

Cheers,

Alan.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: TS240 Keel PositionPaul 7/11/06 12:01:10

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.