Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - Please bear with us -- we have migrated our servers to continue providing access to our site while a prolonged network downage, not under our control, is corrected. Forum access may be limited while we configure the new servers. Details will be posted as time provides. Admin and Member logins now work again.
|a, June 25 2016||
[ VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search |
Check update time
| Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ]
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thursday, December 23, 09:40:40am
Author: El Duque
Subject: All good points Abdul.
In reply to:
's message, "Where they are" on Thursday, December 23, 07:28:36am
I think BJ and Talley have to stop trying to take the last shot. Each has failed a couple times now. Enough. Put the ball in Billy Clark's hands because he has proven he can hit a clutch shot, or put it in TJ's hands to create something.
That's not to knock Talley or BJ, who I like, BUT they keep rushing bad shots and it's clearly hurting us. BJ gives you nothing at the FT line so I have to question why he's playing.
I've soured on Peggau as anything but a "kill minutes" player. I'd rather see Marhold and Wright get the minutes. Theis too. He's been playing well.
In fact, I'd give Wright some of BJ's minutes once Evans comes back.
Damian seems ... what is it? Distracted? Disinterested? I hate to use a word like this, but he almost seems to be a little intimidated by bigger opponents. Last year, and the year before, he would have been dunking over these guys.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
- ED, regarding Saunders, I said something similar on another board way back after the Pitt game and was torn apart for it. He creates some stats, no question, but he is not the player we saw last season. Unless he really steps it up big time I think his NBA chances are slipping away rapidly. (NT) -- UncivilDKizzle, Thursday, December 23, 10:19:36am
- UDK I completely agree. This past summer I questioned his commitment to getting better when he did not put forth the effort in the Summer League. Then followed by his suspension. He is still a terrific player, but if he has NBA dreams he needs to step it up. (NT) -- CLK, Thursday, December 23, 10:34:19am
- UDK, first, it was nice to meet you at PSU. Second, you're correct. I know you're a fan and you're not saying that to be controversial or to bash Damian. We all want to see him do well. Let's hope he picks up his game. Even if we win our last two non-conf games, we need 13-14 A-10 wins to even THINK about postseason. Go Dukes! (NT) -- El Duque, Thursday, December 23, 11:48:41am
- UDK...I know I was one of those that was critical of your comments after Pitt (and I still think Damian played well in that game), but I do agree with these comments. At this point Damian is only the third best player on his own team. He is getting outplayed by slightly bigger players and at this point is NOT an NBA draft pick. I hate to think that he might have peaked last year, and there is still plenty of time, but he definitely needs to "step it up." (NT) -- Slim, Thursday, December 23, 12:58:41pm
- Marhold 'looks' like a basketball player however I'm beginning to think he's not....I think he is a fine athlete who cannot play basketball. (NT) -- Greg, Thursday, December 23, 12:06:34pm
Forum timezone: GMT-5|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.