VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:15:39 06/22/17 Thu
Author: graeylin
Author Host/IP: 72.171.tvwireless.net / 207.151.171.72
Subject: Graeylin, still here... update
In reply to: GL 's message, "So what's everyone up to?" on 10:46:08 06/19/17 Mon

A while back, I rearranged my hobby room, to eliminate every square inch/surface hosting a figure, to a set wall of glass Detolf cases, and a double book case for my research books. That meant I had to make some hard decisions on what figures to display, so... I chose my original love: Japanese (Military).

So, now I have 5 Detolf cases that have my IJA, IJN, and Samurai figures (Out of the Box and Kitbashed), and nothing else. I filled the bottom shelves of the cases with items from my childhood/family in Japan, so the entire wall is now "Japanese" material. The other wall is bookshelf, with all my research books/materials, as well as some displays of Japanese in other scales (1/35th, 1/72, HO, 1/48, etc.). I tossed in a small worktable, and it's my escape.

I have limited myself to no more figures, unless they are Japanese Military/Samurai. Still occasionally get something, but not much. Have one or two holy grails in the 1/6th IJA/IJN world, but I actually have an almost complete collection of every figure available.

That self-imposed limit not-withstanding, I did get the William Wallace figure last year, and I am eyeing the Doc Savage on sale at Cotswold, simply because I grew up reading Kenneth Dent and Doc Savage... read every book written.

I still putter, and keep my fingers in the game, but I am not collecting three figures a month, like I used to. More like three figures a year, maybe.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• I'm in the same boat as k.43; the prices of figures have forced me out of the market as well. I still have all of my collection, but haven't done anything with it in close to a year, maybe more. I sure do miss the good ol' days of 21stC. (NT) -- Scarecrow (HOH), 18:55:25 06/22/17 Thu

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.