VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

SOUTH CAROLINA MAO - PLEASE NO BANNERS - NO BANNERS

Subject: Miss Predictions

Author:
Miss SC Pageant Junkie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 26, 09:54:35am

It is easy to pick a top 15 this year what gets hard is that the top 10 are really really good competitors. The judges are going to have a tough choice once the field is narrowed to 10. It will all come down to that stupid ranking system.

Top 15:
Greenville Co- Daja Dial
Midlands- Tori Sizemore
York- Mae Anne Webb
Greater Greer- Anna Brown
Upstate- Lauren Cabaniss
Columbia- Ansley Seay
North Charleston- Stirling Rentz
Hartsville- Suzi Roberts
Greenville Scot.Games- Anna Mills Polatty
Inman- Lustra Miller
Hilton Head Island- Kate McKinney
Fountain Inn- Leah Lawson
Lexington- Kelly Ragan
Capital City- Amanda Scott
Wade Hampton-Taylors- Megan Shuler

BUBBLES:
Camden
Greater Easley
Socastee

Top 10:
Greenville Co.
Midlands
York
Greater Greer
Upstate
No. Charleston
Gville Scott Games
Inman
HHI
and then I think it will be Columbia and Lexington competing for the 10th spot.

Top 5: This is where it gets so hard.
Gville Scott Games- 4th RU
Midlands- 3rd RU
How I want it to go:
Gville Co- 2nd RU
HHI-1st RU
Upstate- Miss SC 2015 just because I would love to watch her on the Miss SC stage

How I think it will go:
Upstate-2rd RU
HHI-1st RU
Gville Co- Miss SC 2015

Also Inman could easily sneak into Top 5 and take Gville Scott games or Midlands spot.
Subject: Miss Socastee

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 26, 01:13:04am

> has anyone looked into socastees story and platform? Interesting.
> definitely improved by miles in every area since former years in teen
Replies:
Subject: A Few Observations

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 25, 01:02:05am

The intro video and production numbers are good and are a great representation of the program.

It seems that there is more security detail this year, yet more than ever, we are hearing numerous reports of contestants and princesses having items go missing backstage. Who is supposed to be responsible for supervising these dressing areas? Contestants/princesses should not be required to check in wardrobe without sufficient supervision of the areas.

All of the prelim award winners have been fairly clear, except for one that was awarded tonight. If the Miss SC Org. wants to create trust in its process, perhaps they should not have two judges on the Miss panel from the the same city in SC.

It was a great move for the Miss SC Org. to invite the state's mayors for a reception and tonight's prelim competition. As the organization tries to expand its reach, however, it needs to take public perceptions into account. People need to be able to believe in the process in order to support it.

I have been around this program for quite awhile, and have defended it for years. Each year, many of us (myself included) take time off work and other duties for pageant week. We do so with the belief that judging decisions will be reached fairly and without interference from others. However, it gets harder with each year to ignore the stories of the "chosen ones" when things go as they have once again this year. I am not saying this as an insult against any of the contestants, and I hope that no greater conspiracy exists. I sincerely hope that the Miss SC system selects its winners through a process where everyone has a fair shot at the title, and the most deserving person wins.
Replies:
Subject: I haven't been able to attend this year but I've noticed the most important factor in predicting the winner hasn't been mentioned yet. Which top 5 contender sold the most ads, corporate sponsorships and has the best money connections? Dial or Cabiness should have had it last year and either one would make a great choice for the Miss A competition this year.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 25, 03:32:10pm

Subject: Another state hopper :(

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 11:30:58pm

Replies:
Subject: Kate & Berkley Miss and Teen...both would represent well at nationals

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 25, 12:49:55pm

Replies:
Subject: Teen evening gown prelim predictions

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 25, 12:34:58pm

Berkley B.
Sarah H.
Hope A.
Subject: I agree with all the awards tonight. Simmons was elegant. Love to know who did her dress.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 10:48:27pm

Replies:
Subject: Wednesday Night

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 08:15:34pm

Lauren Cabaniss just killed it on stage, Go Lauren!!!
Replies:
Subject: Union County Fair Caitlin Russell

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 11:52:04pm

For being a newbie and her age I think this girl has what it takes to win it someday.
Replies:
Subject: Swimsuit

Author:
Concerned
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 09:18:41am

Why is so much emphasis put on swimsuit? It counts less than anything! It would be great if we had some idea how the girls did in interview! We need someone who speaks well and uses correct grammar. The contestant can have the best body in swimsuit and evening gown but when she opens her mouth it is embarrassing for our state!!!
Replies:
Subject: Daja's Talent Gown

Author:
SC Pageant Fans Page
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 11:36:44pm

Am I mistaken in thinking this was the exact same gown Ali wore???
Replies:
Subject: Dresses with a slit for teens

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 11:33:40pm

I don't mean to call anybody out, I am truly just wondering. I saw a teen or two with a decently high slit in the dress. I know that's normal for miss but haven't seen this with a teen? I didn't know if it was common? Is that normal? Is that looked by the judges any differently? First year mom and gathering ideas.
Subject: Judges decisions

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 10:59:47pm

This is the first year that I can honestly say I agree with all of the judges decisions. They have been SPOT ON with these winners and I am so excited to see how it plays out in the end.
Subject: So far I think Greenville Co. Teen or Anderson Teen should win talent tonight.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 09:09:26pm

Subject: People on voy

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 07:58:10pm

I wish I was 40 and had time to stay on a website all day bashing teenagers what ignorant idiots who probably wouldn't know beauty it it but them in the butt
Subject: Pageant Puppets

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 03:43:58pm

I have heard for a while now for this pageant the Miss SC Organization wanted a real girl this year - not a pageant puppet patty? Well it looks like they instructed their judges differently. What do you think about this statement from them and how do you think it is going that way?
Replies:
Subject: Teen Evening Gown

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 09:10:25am

So who do you think had the best evening gown last night>>
Replies:
Subject: Wednesday talent prelim predictions for teen

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 10:05:18am

Berkley B, Caitlyn F , Sarah H
Subject: Predictions for Tuesday night

Author:
Was at rehearsal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 01:46:31pm

Miss
Miss Hilton Head Kate McKinney talent (wow, she would do so well at Miss America)
Miss Greenville County or Miss Midlands swimsuit

Teen
Miss Reidsville Teen Shaylyn Simmons or Miss Lake Wataree Teen Emilee Smarr talent
Miss Duncan Makalya Stark (few more that could take it though) evening gown
Replies:
Subject: Anna Grace H.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 09:50:53pm

Is it just me...or was her Irish Step a little stronger last year? Not trying to be mean.
Replies:
Subject: Really?????

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 10:55:42pm

Replies:
Subject: Miss Lyman and Miss Teen Greer

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 07:51:16am

Couldn't get the feed to work. I was curious how Chaie Coley did in evening gown and swimsuit as well as Emma Kate Rhymer in talent
Subject: Florence Teen!!!!!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 09:09:50pm

Kally KILLED talent!!! Anyone agree???
Replies:
Subject: What is the weighted percentage for scoring in interview, evening gown / on stage question, fitness/swimwear, and talent?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 01:34:58am

Subject: Tough Miss competition

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 11:33:19pm

Tough competition in Miss tonight! It had to be reallly close! Did the judges get it right?
Replies:
Subject: Could someone please post tonight's preliminary winners. I could not get the feed to work tonight.

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 11:29:34pm

Replies:
Subject: Daja and Lindsey

Author:
Nosy Pageant Watcher
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 12:59:34am

I've seen a couple of threads that mention that the ladies may have already been picked. I just wanted to ask what was happening to make you guys think this.
Replies:
Subject: Favorite Evening Gown for Miss and Teen?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 10:47:09pm

Can't pick! Most are gorgeous!
Subject: Teen talent?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 08:50:54pm

Curious about teen talent tonight...not getting to watch the live stream so how have the teen girls done with talent tonight?
Replies:
Subject: Does anyone else think the shoes these girls wear are ridiculous?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 08:20:06pm

Replies:
Subject: Swimsuit

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 08:20:14pm

Luzinsky with contoured on abs. Please blend if your going to makeup them on.
Subject: Anyone watching the streaming tonight?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 06:50:41pm

Replies:
Subject: Leah Lawson

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 06:53:13pm

What do you all think of Leah Lawson?
Replies:
Subject: Okay I know I am behind but what happened to miss piedmont teen Alyssa riddle?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 08:24:53am

?
Replies:
Subject: Miss and Teen contestants who are new to system

Author:
JN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 05:08:47pm

Just a question...who competing this year has never competed in the system before? I just see a lot about "newbie" talent but it's usually like the same few girls mentioned and I didn't know if there were more that aren't being named.
Replies:
Subject: Newbie Teens

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 03:55:08pm

There are some new faces in the both Miss and Teen. Some of these young ladies won multiple awards in their qualifying prelim pageants, beating out some veteran girls who are representing other areas or ended up coming in at large. I think many get discounted because of their newness to the MAO organization or because they haven't been brought up in the pageant world. Does this mean that they aren't worthy of a shot at the top spot? If so, who would your newbie or "unknown" picks be for Miss and Teen? Thoughts, opinions, and please be respectful, everyone has to start somewhere.
Replies:
Subject: ANNA BROWN! I think she would be great at Miss America!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 05:15:13pm

Replies:
Subject: Quality of Life Award Finalists

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 09:41:54pm

Teens

Anderson
Capital City
HHI
Reidville
Socastee HS
Subject: Miss Photogenic Award is going to Miss Florence Kierra Carter

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 06:53:54pm

I was looking through headshots on the Miss SC website and I must say that Miss Florence is absolutely stunning!!!!! She is my top pick for Miss Photogenic Award. Such a beautiful young woman. And I believe she's a newbie... Definitely looking forward to seeing what she brings to the stage.
Subject: Who are the Quality of Life finalists? Who are the Duke of Edinburgh gold medalists?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 12:56:59pm

Replies:
Subject: Good Luck Ladies

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 02:33:23pm

To the young ladies competing this week at Miss SC
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. -Harriet Tubman
Subject: All the volunteer hours and all the $ the girls raise .... Do the judges know this information?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 12:30:35pm

Replies:
Subject: The Pageant Junkies have posted their "here's who to watch list" for Miss SC!!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 08:12:29am

Carrie Lakey (Founding Junkie) has named Lauren Cabaniss, Tori Sizemore, Mae-Ann Webb, Kelly Ragan, and Daja Dial! What do you you all think?
Replies:
Subject: Just curious

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 21, 10:40:51pm

I've seen a few different names discussed as stand outs for Miss SC. Any thoughts in Leah Lawson as the winner?
Replies:
Subject: Can “we” as a state please get out of the “stigma” that a Miss SC needs to be tall and super slender… Our current Miss America is NOT tall (she is an average height at 5’5”) … In fact here are some interesting facts to share with you about previous Miss America Title Holders: Average height of Miss America Winners-5’6”, Average weight of Miss America Winners-121lbs, Average age of Miss America Winners 22.6 years, Percent of winners who also won the preliminary swimsuit award-53.9%, Percent of winners who also won the Preliminary Talent Award-36.8%, Percent of winners who played an instrument-28%, Percent of winners who sang a song 87%, percent of winners who performed a dance – 18%. This is going back to 1921. So let’s PLEASE let the judges do their job and send the girl that is THE BEST all around! Not just a girl who fits a mold. Because the mold isn’t working at Nationals! The statistics (FACTS) prove it!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 06, 08:32:05am

Can “we” as a state please get out of the “stigma” that a Miss SC needs to be tall and super slender… Our current Miss America is NOT tall (she is an average height at 5’5”) … In fact here are some interesting facts to share with you about previous Miss America Title Holders: Average height of Miss America Winners-5’6”, Average weight of Miss America Winners-121lbs, Average age of Miss America Winners 22.6 years, Percent of winners who also won the preliminary swimsuit award-53.9%, Percent of winners who also won the Preliminary Talent Award-36.8%, Percent of winners who played an instrument-28%, Percent of winners who sang a song 87%, percent of winners who performed a dance – 18%. This is going back to 1921. So let’s PLEASE let the judges do their job and send the girl that is THE BEST all around! Not just a girl who fits a mold. Because the mold isn’t working at Nationals! The statistics (FACTS) prove it!
Replies:
Subject: This has probably been asked before, but will the prelims and/or final night be streamed? I believe finals has streamed last year.

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 09:21:04am

Subject: Final night

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 06:14:15am

Will the last night be on tv this year ???
Replies:
  • Yup!! -- No name, Monday, June 22, 08:16:18am
Subject: Daja and Berkley

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 22, 08:13:14am

Top5
Berkley
Makayla
Shaylyn
Sarah
Lindsey

Daja for Miss
Berkley for Teen.
Subject: Miss York Mae-Ann Webb has held a lot of titles in various systems , local , state and national. How is she doing in MAO ?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 21, 03:53:32pm

Replies:
Subject: Teen

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 15, 09:47:56pm

Teen Top 15 and Bubbles

Shaylyn Simmons
Makayla Stark
Hope Aho
Anna Newton
Armani Latimer
Delaney Cranshaw
Anna Grace Hatchette
Berkley Bryant
Sarah Hamrick
Kayla Pettit
Payton Lang
Emma Kate Rhymer
Bethany Ghent
Lindsey Burrell
Katherine Phemister

Abby Keller
Charley Manley
Peyton Mills
Replies:
Subject: Lauren C. .... All the way. She has what it takes to compete at Miss America.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 21, 11:00:43am

Replies:
Subject: Shalyn Simmons, Sarah Hamrick, Berkley Bryant

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 20, 03:57:19pm

These 3 ladies stand out to me the most out of all the teens....I think we may have a winner in these ladies!
Replies:
Subject: Do you think CMN fundraising will play a significant role in who the new Miss SC will be?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 02:35:27pm

Replies:
Subject: SK please stay off this board!!!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 20, 06:38:02pm

Replies:
Subject: Seriously?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 18, 09:34:12pm

Very disappointed with Lanie and Hope. Hoping this year's queens are much more involved. Brooke and Brook last year went to countless schools and were always seen doing something. Barely saw Hope doing anything other than photo shoots.
Replies:
Subject: Crazy "Miss" moms

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 21, 12:12:32am

There are a handful of miss contestants whose moms are legit crazy. Really crazy. Come on ...... You know who they are . These girls will never win bc Ashley does not want the mama drama. One poor girl ..... Will never make miss bc of her mom. And that's said she deserves to be miss sc.
Replies:
Subject: Winners

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 18, 12:24:22pm

Okay.. Lets all be completely honest here. We mostly care who wins, but overall, we are all SICK AND TIRED of the queens who don't do a THING this organization stands for. I, for one, am nauseous everytime i see a new photoshoot with Hope. How about you quit worrying about when your next YB photoshoot is, and actually do something productive for this org. I just hope whatever teen/miss is crowned, does the job. We dont care about your photoshoots and princess parties and who asked you to dance. Get over yourself. New winners can learn a lot from many past winners.
Replies:
Subject: Berkley

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 20, 01:03:57pm

Can we all just take a minute to thank the good Lord that Berkley did not wear a matching Lilly dress with her princesses today??? & this IS NOT to bash!!! I just think it was a smart move on her part! The older she acts the closer she gets to that crown!!!!
Replies:
Subject: The New Queens

Author:
A hopeful South Carolinian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 11:39:17pm

Next week, we crown a new Miss South Carolina and Miss South Carolina Teen. My hope and prayer is that these two young women (Miss SC Teen especially, because teens are still dependent on their parents) are young ladies who fought for this job because they wanted it. I hope these ladies were the ones saying "Mom, I have a fundraiser/appearance," instead of their mothers saying "Honey, get ready. You have an appearance/fundraiser." I hope these ladies came to their parents and said "I want to be Miss South Carolina/South Carolina Teen," rather than their parents saying, "Sweetheart, wouldn't it be cool to be Miss South Carolina/South Carolina Teen?" I hope these ladies are chasing the scholarships and the service opportunities, not the crowns. I hope these ladies are willing to get down and dirty and serve, even if there is no publicity or exposure. I hope these ladies don't ever feel like they are superior to anyone else, rather they were gifted an amazing opportunity to lead. I hope these ladies are strong, independent, bright and willing young women who will be proactive in truly making a difference. Judges, please pick your queens wisely.
Replies:
Subject: Reminders during stressful times!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 19, 03:36:32pm

Within a few short days, we will crown a new Miss South Carolina and Miss South Carolina Teen. No matter if you are a parent or LED, remember these beautiful young ladies are here because they love what they do. They enjoy the pageants, but they also enjoy being able to make a difference in their communities. So before you see your girls competition and start the drama and gossip, before you come on here and rage about one of their "ugly" outfits, or get upset about "this mom said that about my daughter" nonsense, remember what this organization stands for! Remember that each of these girls is not only a worthy contestant, but also a human being with feelings. Let the lord remind you to hold your tongue and be proud of your girl no matter what! And all the others! I'm sure this is a very stressful week for the contestants but also the mothers and LEDs. A little love and support for your Miss SC sisters can go a long way! I understand this is a competition, but don't build yourself up by knocking others down! :)
Subject: Miss Lyman Teen

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 08:49:40pm

iIs it my imagination or has Miss Lyman Teen already been selected? She's been given a lot of exposure by many which to me seems unjustified. Is this my imagination.
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2015 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.