|Subject: A Look At Some Top Contenders (Outsider's Third Party View)|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: Saturday, July 14, 03:38:51pm
Here's a look at a few young ladies that I think are in the hunt for the title or top placements. Each have strengths and weaknesses. I do think SC will have a good rep for Miss America with the right polishing of the girl that wins. Need to keep the trend going with Bree getting SC back on the radar.
Ali Rogers- stunning and beautiful, former SC teen so knows what the job is about, good wardrobe, good overall candidate, has that Miss SC look and vibe; only questions would be whether the talent is compelling/entertaining enough to put her on top and is her speaking style engaging to have a convincing presence in interview. She did do well in onstage question, tv interview lacked a little energy in my opinion so not sure what interview is like.
Hannah Barfield- another stunning blonde, great wardrobe, dynamic poise and presence on stage, really lights up the stage, strong interview I would imagine (great educational background); only question for her is delivering enough in talent to win the title. The other categories are definitely there and she has the type of look that would show well at Miss America. Talent would be the only place she lives a little room for others.
Lauren Cabaniss- has all of the on stage competition elements and ingredients- good swimsuit, strong talent, has the drive to win. Not crazy about the gown this year. Interview is an unknown for me here, but her speaking at times seems a little mechanical and robotic, does not flow naturally maybe? Also, not sure if the judges are feeling it given she was the clear winner in talent on Wed and was passed up.
Leighann Bagwell- pretty girl, has done very well in on stage competition. Not sure about her interview. Potential weakness here would be her resume and educational background (discussed extensively on this board), could be a big detraction at Miss America if she is not taken seriously and is just another pretty face.
Hoping it comes down to the two blondes, Ali and Hannah. Go Clemson ladies! I would have a tough time picking between those two...love both of their looks.
This year's Desiree Puglia potential surprise is Clarka Wickliffe. She has the Desiree type hair and alternative look and could upset the apple cart with a big WTF...not my preference for Miss SC but could sneak in one of the top spots if all of the others cancel each other out. I can't wait for this board to light up if that happens.
- Good analysis. That's really what I've narrowed it down to, as well (though I'm keeping Summer Rayl in the mix). I'll admit, when I saw Clarka's name, again, I thought, "Sheesh, when is this girl gonna give up?" but she has actually been a contender this year with talent prelim (and a photogenic award)... she's in the running, I'd say. Not everyone's first pick, but it could happen. Ali - I'm under the impression that her interview has been lacking in the past, but that doesn't necessarily speak for this pageant. Hannah is my personal favorite because she seems like an intelligent girl with her head screwed on straight... but her talent isn't a show stopper, and I'm a little worried that they'll think she's too old. Lauren is confident in herself, that's for sure... but she has the ability to come off as arrogant. I also feel that if the judges liked her in interview, she would've won talent over Clarka. -- Leighann has an entertaining talent, and I feel that if the judges didn't like her, she wouldn't have won two preliminaries... she must've done something right in her interview., Saturday, July 14, 04:24:19pm
- Please, no "potential surprise" winner. My opinion is that 3 of these girls have what it takes. Each of them needs to polish her talent. 1 needs to work on her walk. 2 need to work on speaking, 1 needs to enroll in college if she can. All need 4 or 5 months of preparation. (NT) -- No name, Saturday, July 14, 04:24:20pm
- Miss SC- Rogers, 1RU- Barfield, 2RU- Bagwell, 3RU- Cabaniss, 4RU- Rayl. I think Rayl is well placed, others could switch up based on judges' preferences. (NT) -- No name, Saturday, July 14, 04:38:44pm
- 4th RU Clarka Wickliff/ 3rd RU Summer Rayle; 2nd RU Leighann Bagwell; 1st RU Lauren Cabaniss; Winner Ali Rogers -- My guess for Miss, Saturday, July 14, 05:05:47pm
- Maegan Garner has been a nice surprise and real treat to watch this week as well. -- No name, Saturday, July 14, 05:45:37pm
- 4th RU-Polatty; 3rd RU-Wickliff; 2nd RU-Bagwell; 1st RU-Cabaniss; Miss SC-Rogers (NT) -- No name, Saturday, July 14, 06:06:36pm