VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

23/07/03 14:51:33VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]
Subject: Suzuki Outboard engines

Author:
Brian
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13/02/04 16:02:51

Do we have any Suzuki outboard engine experts out there ?

I have a Suzuki DT4 which I brought to use on my tender. I think I may have a problem with it, but I'm not sure. It looks like new and is very clean, it started second pull in the test tank BUT, I think there may be a water circulation problem. There's a stubby little pipe coming out the bottom/rear side of the top casing with about 2" of rubber pipe on it. I'm guessing this may be the cooling water outlet/tell-tale but don't know. Anyway, the bottom line is that only steam seems to come out of it when the engine is running. I only ran the engine for a few minutes to avoid any chance of damage and can't seen any sign on the engine as to where the water outlet may be (I think it may get mixed with the exhaust). The cylinder head also seemed too get too hot for my liking.

Ayyway, anyone here know about these engines, do they have a thermostat which could be jammed, is the pipe on the casing a telltale and so should water be coming out of it, I'm guessing that a new impeller is a good idea but does anyone have a manual or any good other ideas ?

Thanks, Brian ('70 T28 "Blazer")

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Suzuki Outboard enginesIan13/02/04 21:49:59
Re: Suzuki Outboard enginesIan 8/03/04 21:42:42

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.