VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

This board is moderated

"The Shack Out Back" Now Accepting Voluntary Donations!!!

ComicalityShack YouTube

Comicality Ebooks

Comicality Twitter

You Can ALSO Visit The:

"The Library" Forum
IMAGINE Magazine
"The Vampire Warehouse" Forum
"The Comicality Cafe" Forum
"Inner Visions" Forum

JOIN THE "MAILING LIST" TODAY!!!
(For Instant Story And Site Updates!!!)

The 'Comicality Shack Out Back' Website

• "Give It To Me Straight" (Chapter Ten) Is Up And Ready! :) -- Comicality, 01:07:32 10/21/20 Wed

We're down to the penultimate chapter of this series, which is already WAY longer than I ever thought it would be! Hehehe! But the next chapter will be the last, and I hope you guys had as much fun reading it as I did writing it! So enjoy the new chapter, and be sure to let me know what you think whenever you can! K?

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• "GFD: Fireside Chat" Posted! -- Comicality, 01:28:06 10/20/20 Tue

The '30 Days Of Night' updates will continue past Halloween, hehehe, but there is still MUCH more to come! Believe me! And you won't want to miss them, as many of them will be building a three dimensional view of the original series!

But, for now? Here's a completed, stand alone, story that was just written to be short and sweet. Something for you guys to enjoy! Let me know what you think when you get a chance! K? And look for many more tales from the GFD universe in the GFD Worlds section on the website! There are a lot of vampire goodies waiting for you there! Hehehe!

Seezya soon! We've still got a long way to go, folks! A LONG way! :D

Replies:

• "Left Without Words 20" Is Up!!! -- Comicality, 07:31:06 10/19/20 Mon

A brand new chapter of "Left Without Words" is up today! So if you've been looking for more giggles from Deme and Shane...here they are! Enjoy! And please take a few seconds to let me know what you think when you get a chance! :)

Also, if this is your first time hearing about this series (::Waves Hi To All Of Our New Shackers::), then you can read all the previous chapters at the link below! K?

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/leftwithoutwords/

• Awwww... -- Comicality, 01:33:17 10/19/20 Mon

Remember what 'heart' used to feel like? Remember when people used to give a shit about somebody other than themselves? That seems like so long ago, now...

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 00:37:59 10/19/20 Mon

This week's 3M selection may make you want to get a little bit of therapy for yourself! You know...just in case!

"Killer Therapy"

I mean...what can you really do with someone that has a severe disorder that continues to keep them on a razor sharp edge between being stable and unstable? Non-Violent and violent? Especially when that particular someone is your own preteen son?

Lying somewhere between "The Good Son" and "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest"...this movie takes both mental illness and its many treatments, and brings them right to the surface to show you what it looks like from both sides. Which I found pretty interesting.

It begins with young Brian, his parents, and the adoption of a brand new baby sister for him. Which doesn't seem all that ominous at first, but Brian has some serious issues going on in his head. And I don't mean in a trouble-maker/mischief kind of way! He's like...young Michael Myers from "Halloween" kind of creepy! (In fact, Daerg Fench, who played a young Michael Myers in the Rob Zombie remake is actually in this movie!) And when Brian get pushed to the edge...which doesn't take much...'accidents' happen. Bad ones.

But he gets treatment, comes out, and gives life a second shot. He's older now, and he's really trying as he goes to high school. Oh yeah, psh! Now THAT'S a peaceful place to get back on your feet again! Friggin' HIGH SCHOOL! Hehehe! And as the movie progresses, you get a real sense of what it must be like to live with something that you simply cannot control. But you also get a view at how ugly the rest of the world can be at the same time. So, there are times when I feel really BAD for the poor guy. God knows, he's trying! But then there are other times when it's like..."Holy shit!!! Ok...yeah, he's a psycho!"

And this is a psychological thriller, so...eventually he gets pushed a little too far. And 'accidents' aren't just 'accidents' anymore.

I've included the trailer below, but I think it would probably be better to watch this flick without it. It's just a peek at the overall nature of evil and malice, and it makes you think about what you would do if it was you. Or if it was your kid.

Give it a shot! And enjoy! :)

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 00:21:37 10/19/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Hey! Are You Watching?' Kiss

• METALLICA! (Rated best to worst) -- River Acheron, 21:03:41 10/17/20 Sat
    So, I thought it would be fun to list Metallica albums from my absolute favorite to the one I dislike the most. Because...why not? Now this ONLY includes studio albums, so no 'S&M', 'Garage Inc.', or 'No Life Till Leather', etc. This is only my personal preference obviously! I re-listened to every album in order today so I can really do this well.

1. 'Master of Puppets' (1986): A solid classic, and my favorite Metallica album. From 'Battery' to 'Damage Inc', every single song just hits me the right way. 'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)' is prob my favorite song on the album. Also, I don't care what anyone says, in terms of heavy metal, it's the bands heaviest album. Amazing in every way without a single flaw. You know, I would even say this this ranks in my top 3 albums of all time, sitting right night to Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' and Bad Religion's 'Suffer'. It's not easy to find an album where you can't find a single negative thing to say about it, and every song gives you "the feels".

2. 'Ride the Lightning' (1984): I know a lot of fans like this one better than 'Master of Puppets', but not me. Oh, don't get me wrong...I ADORE this album. Hell, out of 10 (to date) studio albums, it's my second favorite. In fact, this album has my all-time favorite Metallica song on it, 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' (Gotta love Lars' drumming on that one!), and my favorite ballad by them, 'Fade to Black'. However, the reason this is not my number 1 is because I don't consistently love every song the way I do for 'Master of Puppets'. It's pretty damn close though! I like songs such as 'Trapped Under Ice', 'Escape', and 'Fight Fire with Fire' but they doesn't hit AS strong. Since the purpose of this lil post isn't to rate individual songs, but rather the album as an absolute whole - an entity in and of itself - I would have to place this below 'Master of Puppets', but just barely. It's so close I had to think about it for a few minutes.

3. 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' (2016): What? is River going absolutely nuts? A newer (In fact, THE newest!) Metallica album this high on the list? Damn fucking right! I was in SHOCK when I first heard this album in 2016. Not only is it a FANTASTIC return to the thrashier and at the same time heavier Metallica of the 80's, (just listen to the guitar during the bridge of 'Atlas, Rise!', and tell me that's not damn near perfection!!) it's almost a completely solid album for me across the board. My favorite song on this, and is def in my top 10 Metallica songs of all time now is 'Now That We're Dead'. After 'RELoad', Metallica tried a few times to go back to their roots and well...lets just say this time they struck gold. For me, this album belongs right up there with 'Ride the Lightning' and 'Master of Puppets'. Plus, the central theme of this album is death and nihilistic pessimism. You can't go wrong with that! 🙂

4. 'Kill 'Em All' (1983). Metallica's debut album. I know hardcore fans usually rate this album a little higher, but...honestly, it's a bit TOO unpolished for me. I like heavier Metallica than the pure thrash metal that this album is. 'Ride the Lightning' and 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' blends both damn well, but this is just too much of the thrash. lol. I by no means dislike this album at all! In fact, it's got 'Four Horseman' on it, and I love the shit out of that song. And of course songs like 'Jump in the Fire', 'Whiplash', etc are all well and good, I'm just not IN love with them. They are friend-zoned. 😛

5. 'REload' (1997): My favorite Metallica album during their...lets call them...alternative years? It's way heavier than 'Load' with better songs, in my opinion. This album was actually inspired by Southern Rock, and you can absolutely tell when you listen to it, that James' hillbilly side kinda shows a bit during songs like 'Fuel', 'Attitude' ("Throw all your bullets in the fire...and run like Hell!" I love that line!), and 'Bad Seed'. This album is basically Southern Melodic Heavy Metal. A far cry away from Metallica of old, and not my favorite departure or style of rock, but still a damn fine album!

6. 'Load' (1996): Not *as* as good as 'REload' in my opinion. Sure it's got some great tunes like, 'Until It Sleeps', 'King Nothing', 'Ronnie', and 'Outlaw Torn'...and yes I know fans prefer this album to it's counterpart, but for whatEVER reason, the songs on 'REload' just resonated with me a littttleeee bit more....in the sense that 'REload' always has gotten more replay value out of me. It's not that this album is forgettable or anything and there's only one BAD Metallica album as far as I'm concerned (We'll get there! lol). But in terms of ranking good things against other good things, I gotta put this a bit further down on the list. 😕

7. '...And Justice for All' (1988): Some of you may now seriously may be wondering what the hell is wrong with me. I'm so sorry I just never loved this album! Not like the ones I listed before this. It's not that ANY song on here is bad, omg no, again...it's just a case that most of these songs didn't really do much for me, with the exceptions of 'One', and 'The Frayed Ends of Sanity'. I do not dislike 'Harvester of Sorrow', 'Blackened', 'Eye of the Beholder' or any of them really, and would never turn them off if they came on the radio (to the contrary...I'd blast that shit!), but I really don't go out of my way to listen to them either. To me, it's so-so metal. I know how beloved this album is. In fact, many of my fellow metal friends consider this the best album of all time, not to mention the awards it won, etc. Still...I JUST couldn't get into when I first started listening to Metallica...and after a listen today...I feel the same way.

8. 'Self Titled' ("The Black Album") (1991): Milktoast. Milktoast alternative radio-friendly rock. Bleh. Up until now, my top seven Metallica albums are all fairly close in terms of likeability. Now's where there is a huge dip in quality for me. This was the start of Metallica's big transformation to basically cater to the mainstream and the first studio album to be produced by Bob Rock who I'm sure was the one who convinced Metallica to cut their hair and to appeal to a wider demographic. All thrash was eliminated at this point. Do I hate this album? Absolutely not. Again...I only hate one album (patience, grasshoppers!) In fact, the song 'The God That Failed' is one of my favorite Metallica songs. But remember I'm ranking albums on the whole. I really dislike 'Enter Sandman', and 'Wherever I May Roam', the other songs are kinda forgettable. The two ballads, 'Unforgiven' and 'Nothing Else Matters' are very good, so I'll give the album that. But they ARE ballads, which means they really could have appeared on ANY Metallica album during any era and would have equally worked, ya know?

9. 'Death Magnetic' (2008): Full disclosure here...today was the first time I got around to listening to this. I was 14 years old when this came out, and this is the funny thing...it's the first Metallica album I bought during it's initial release! 'St. Anger' came out when I was 9 years old, and I was not listening to metal then. With older Metallica, I did what every kid did and I started listening to all the other stuff on various file-sharing sites and YouTube, etc. but for whatever reason...I never got around to listening to this one! It's still sitting in my room, unopened in fact, and Hell...I don't even think I have anything that plays CD's anymore. (I have PS3 games like that as well that are still in the wrappers!) As a FIRST impression? I don't love it. I don't feel like I'm being fair though, because sooo many songs take multiple listens to really grab me. In time, this could go higher on my list. It IS the evolution back to the thrashier days that they would eventually succeed with, on 'Hardwired....to Self-Destruct' (Even with only one listen, I can tell you that it is nowhere NEAR as good as that album. Also...I HATED 'Unforgiven 3'. Yuck.

10. 'St. Anger' (2003): AND speaking of "yuck"...was there ever any doubt? LOL! This album was touted as the return to their garage days roots. They wanted to go back to that classic sound. God, did they fail. How does mixing in crappy nu-metal go back to, say, 'Ride the Lightning'? And whats with the drumming!!?? It sounds like Lars is banging on hollow trash cans. The whole album has this tinny annoying sound that really irks me. No song, and I mean NO song is catchy or even remotely decent. There's not a single guitar solo on the entire album, and the production was awful. I get that Metallica wanted a raw sound. But...what they ended up doing was trying to capture a raw sound by PRODUCING it, you know? Like using CGI to fake something when you can just use practical effects. It's a fake, PRODUCED raw sound. If they had balls, they should have actually gone into a garage like in 1982, and play like they did back then. They CLAIMED that's the sound they wanted after all. So...what the fuck happened? It's like filming a movie that is supposed to look like 1970's footage. You have an old Super-8 camera. You can DO it beautifully. But instead, the studio wants you to use a modern hi-res professional camera and then "edit it in post". That's what this album is. And as such...a total failure.

Let's hear your rankings in the comments below!

River

Replies:

• When 2 boycrush generatons intersect... -- blastfromthepast, 23:29:58 10/16/20 Fri
    I haven't posted here in at least 10 years, and I'm amazed to see it's still here. Cheers Com :) I couldn't even remember what my login name used to be lol.

Anyway, I just ran across this on instagram and it was too much - I just need to share it somewhere. Back in the day on this forum Justin was all the rage. Imagine my surprise seeing him and Jacob together. Enjoy!!!

Replies:

• Imagine Magazine - The Halloween Issue!!! -- Comicality, 22:24:03 10/15/20 Thu

https://imagine-magazine.org/

It's the 15th of October, ladies and gentlemen! And that means that the Halloween issue of Imagine Magazine is up and ready to go! And this is month is bursting with new material! So have fun! Some thrills! Some chills! And a good time to be had by all! Enjoy! And thanks to everybody who worked hard to make this another successful launch for Imagine! We just keep getting better and more popular with every release! An it's all thanks to you guys!

Love you lots! Mwah!

Replies:

• FINALLY...it's 'Showtime! :P -- Comicality, 06:33:54 10/15/20 Thu
    Hehehe, even though it took me a week longer than I thought it would, I got my focus back! Thank God!

I've developed another nasty cough though for some reason. Ummmm...doubt that it has anything to do with the pandemic, but it's become a national emergency for a lot of people if you cough in public these days. Hahaha! It's like..."GAH!!! Get the fuck away from me!!!" But I totally understand, so it's ok. 

Ok, so, where were we? Let me pick up where I left off. 

Also, I am SUPER excited to finally show you guys the first book of the "PakRatz" series!!! This has been years and YEARS in the works, and tied in to the "Gone From Daylight" mythology, but the surrounding stories had to be elevated to a certain point for it to all connect and make sense the way I wanted it to. And it was a LOT of planning and hard work, but here we are! XD 

Loosely based on the Frank Sinatra, 'Rat Pack' squad, this series takes place alongside "GFD" and :Justin and Taryn, even though it's a story all on its own. And I've been weaving things in through other stories along the way. So, if you just want an added bonus, read "GFD", "Circle Nocturnus", "Dead Language", "Expiration Date", "Divine Right"...and you'll get some extra hints and clues as to what's going on here. (Not that you NEED to! It'll be a story that stands on it's own)

The new "Pak Ratz" trailer will be released on Halloween, along with the first ebook in the Comiclity Ebook section!

So keep yours eyes open! ou won't want to miss this six book extravaganza!  

Replies:

• :O :O :O -- Comicality, 16:40:08 10/14/20 Wed

What the...???

Well THIS is coming out of nowhere!!! :O

I LOVED the "Extinction Level Event" album from Busta Rhymes! But then again, I love stuff that's really dark and morbid, anyway! This promo looks like the sequel is going to be even darker than the original! Which...I'm totally cool with! XD

I haven't even heard a single song yet, and he's already creating an adorable army of demon children!!! LOL! I'm SO in!

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 06:02:58 10/12/20 Mon

This week's 3M is going to be a short recommendation! Because there's not a whole lot that I can tell you without soiling anything!

"Antebellum"

Yeah...I've been banging around in my head to see what I can say about this movie to recommend it to you guys, but without giving anything away. So...bear with me. I'll do my best. But it'll be vague! Hehehe! And yet, not all that 'farfetched', when you think about it.

First of all, while many scenes of this movie are brutal and unsettling to watch, it is NOT a horror movie! Even if it has a very creepy, 'horror-style', vibe to it.

Let's see...ummmmm...it takes place in two different...no wait. Ok, ummm...it's a rather shocking thriller that...no...wait. Cant say that either. Hehehe! Dangit!

You'll just have to watch it for yourselves! In fact, don't watch any of the other trailers than the brief teaser that I'm posting below! It's best to go into this movie blind and just let it sweep you up into the tension of what's going on...and what's REALLY going on!

As a warning, the first third of this movie deals with some really harsh and brutal images of slavery. The second third deals with something totally different (but related). And the last third of this movie will show you how it fits together. And...wow...

It makes for quite a few WTF moments, to say the least! And that's all I'll say! So check this psychological thriller out whenever you get a chance!

There have been mixed reviews of this movie here and there, but see it for yourself. Because I was actually quite surprised by this one. And it's HARD to surprise me with movies after the infinite amount of flicks I've combed through over the years! So MAJOR kudos to "Antebellum" from Comsie!

Plus...sighhhh...I love you, Janelle Monae! She's a great actress, but also an AMAZING singer/rapper/dancer too! And she's bisexual! AND...she's dating Tessa Thompson! ('Valkyrie' from "Thor: Ragnarok") Damn! That's just plain...hot! Hehehe! :P

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 05:43:06 10/12/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Secret Sleepover' Kiss

• Thanks a ton... -- Comicality, 05:40:53 10/12/20 Mon

I know that I haven't really been around to say much lately. It's a situation that is more exhausting to explain than the situation itself. Trust me.

But things are getting polished for Imagine Magazine's Halloween issue as you read this! And it will be ready on the 15th, as always! K?

Also, thank you to those of you who sent heartfelt emails this weekend. I know that a bunch of you guys are brand new to the site, and for a lot of you...this happened before you were even born. But I had a close friend of mine that I worked with, he was only 17...and on October 10th, he committed suicide. And I made it an official Shack Holiday in his honor. He was so loved and so appreciated.

But we take actually TELLING the people close to us that we love them! We just assume that they know already. But, I speak from experience when I say that nothing else in this world hurts more than finding out that you were wrong. Especially after it's too late.

I'll never know what drove him to do what he did...but I'll never forget the tight hug that he gave me just hours before he did it. Not ever.

Please...if you have any heart at all...don't take your friends and loved ones for granted. K? Tell them that you love them. That you care about them. And that you're there to listen...even when nobody else will. Please???

Use this week long holiday as an excuse to reach out and stop hording all the love and appreciation for yourself. Share it. PLEASE share it! It costs you nothing! And, at the end of the day...

...It could save someone's life.

I just wish I didn't have to learn that the hard way. :(

I love you all. And I'll seezya soon.

Thanks for the comforting emails, you guys. It made me smile to know that there are still people out there who care. Keep your heart. In the end...it's all we really have.

((Hugz))

Replies:

• Hehehe! I don't think I'll ever get enough of these! :P -- Comicality, 13:21:41 10/08/20 Thu

Has it really been only eight months? Jesus, I guess it has. It's getting harder and harder to remember the 'old times'...

Replies:

• YES!!! Hahaha!!! -- Comicality, 09:29:01 10/08/20 Thu

I DEFINITELY have been waiting for Rain and Mileena to come back! But that third reveal? WTF??? :O

Replies:

• "GFD: Sins Of The Father 2" Is up! -- Comicality, 03:05:16 10/07/20 Wed

"30 Days Of Night" continues! This time, we go back to 1987, and we have Norio Myoki protecting his ex love's children from a squad of assassins that are coming to wipe out his entire bloodline! Definitely check this one out, as it connects to other stories in the "Gone From Daylight" universe! Enjoy! And let me know what you think when you're done reading!

Also, if you missed the first chapter of this series, you can find it at the link below! K? Seezya soon!

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/gfd-sins-of-the-father/

And be sure to go to the "GFD: Blood Bank" if you want to see many many MORE vampire spinoffs! Don't miss out! :P

Replies:

• R.I.P Eddie, you legend. :( -- Mike, 22:27:35 10/06/20 Tue

One of the first guitarists to inspire me to pick up my own and learn to play.

Sad to hear of his passing.

Replies:

• "GFD: Divine Right 3" -- Comicality, 02:48:24 10/06/20 Tue

A brand new flurry of vampire stories are beginning tonight with the newest "30 Days Of Night" update from the world of "Gone From Daylight"! This is merely the beginning! >:)

We're starting off with the dark future apocalypse of "GFD: Divine Right"! So enjoy! And let me know what you think when you get the opportunity!

And be sure to check out the many other vampire spinoffs too! You won't want to miss out!

• "On The Outside" jumps in to kick things off... -- Comicality, 09:14:11 10/05/20 Mon

Happy Monday, you guys! I hope that you're all doing well and staying safe out there! ((Hugs))

I am now trying to do something that is unprecedented in terms of Shack updates! And that is starting today! To say that it has been an exhausting effort would be an EXTREME understatement!!! Hehehe, but, as many of you know already, I'm most dangerous when I'm being 'quiet'! ::Nods:: 

I'm starting off with a brand new chapter of "On The Outside"! Enjoy! And please take a few seconds to let me know what you think when you get a chance to reply! K?

And super thanks to all of my new readers who have been sending me soooo much love and support! I truly appreciate it, you guys! And also to those of you who have donated a few dollars to the Paypal as well! The world is kinda screwed up right now, so every penny counts! Thank you!

Now, sit back...and stay tuned. Like I said, I've never done anything on this level before! So expect to hear more from me soon! October is going to raise a few eyebrows for sure!  

Replies:

• Imagine Magazine Question For 10/5 -- Comicality, 07:36:29 10/05/20 Mon

It can be a lot of fun to truly go all in and give yourself over to the idea of the 'perfect' relationship. To just believe in fate, and eternal soulmates, and all of that. It's a good thing! it really is. But, as many of us know from experience...things don't always turn out for the best in those situations. It takes a painful journey of trial and error to find that special somebody, more times that not.

But...sometimes you really do feel a connection with someone that you thought wasn't the one for you, or vice versa. And it can be a difficult road back to what you two once had together. But...is it worth it?

This time around, the question is...can you make up and get back together with someone that you parted ways with earlier? I mean, people can change, right? They can mature and finally see the value in whatever it was that you had to offer them? But...on the other hand...if you were incompatible the first time around, as partners, or even just as friends...what's changed? If you broke up once...wouldn't you break up again? I've always said that if you and your significant other don't ever argue, then one of you isn't being honest about how they feel. Nobody agrees 100% of the time. That's not love. That's control and submission. Not as satisfying.

So, when it comes to breaking up with someone, and potentially getting back together with them later on...what are your thoughts on that? Is it possible to mend old wounds and start over from scratch? Or does 'breaking up' mean 'breaking up', and you'd only be putting yourself back in the same old situation where you'll be aching to break up again?

Let us know your thoughts on this when you get a chance! I'll add them to a future issue of Imagine Magazine (https://imagine-magazine.org/), and anonymous replies are more than welcome. Either here on the board, or you can emails them to me at Comicality@shackoutback.net if you prefer. K? Talk to you soon!

NEW questions to be asked every month! Jump right in and give us your thoughts for future issues of Imagine Magazine! Answer in the replies here, or email them to me at Comicality@shackoutback.net if you like! Anonymous comments are always welcome! Just let me know ahead of time! Cool?

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 04:26:33 10/05/20 Mon

Every now and then, you just wanna see an evil witch trying her best to steal some children at random! Hehehe! Because...why not?

"Baba Yaga: Terror Of The Dark Forest"

No! NOT John Wick! An actual 'Baba Yaga' witch! Hehehe!

I was kinda digging this horror flick! And it's perfect for any horror fan that believes that they've seen it all, because it's one of those hidden gems that sort of lurks around in the corner. But there's some really creepy things happening in this movie.

It mostly revolves around a teenage boy who lives with his dad and stepmother, as well as his baby sister. And there are typical teen obstacles going on like the girl he likes next door and the school bully etc. But when a witch makes it her mission to steal him and his baby sister...he finds himself having to fight for his own existence. See...not only will this evil witch steal you away from your parents...but she'll make it so they don't even remember that they ever even HAD a child to begin with. You will vanish completely. I don't know...there's an added level of creepy for me. You get snatched into another dimension and wait for your parents to forget you ever existed...and then you just fall to ashes. Weird.

Now, this movie (I believe) was originally in Russian. I watched the English dubbed version, and it was fine. But if you go looking for it, and you don't speak fluent Russian...make sure that you at least get subtitles! But it's a good afternoon flick if you were just looking for something eerie to entertain you. Plus...cute teen boys! Hehehe! Check it out when you get a chance!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 04:13:34 10/05/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Tastebud Tickler' Kiss

Replies:

• Things come full circle -- Gabe (Introspective), 01:33:55 10/04/20 Sun
    Hey all. I'm popping in after a very long time away. I was a regular at one time with a screen name that was, stupidly, the same I used on plenty of other sites so that's a change up in order lol.

This COVID thing sucks and has left me a lot of time to think about what's really important. I also stumbled upon the Shack again through an odd turn of events, and was delighted to see that it's still going strong all these years later, and I just wanted to say hi and to say thank you.

I discovered Comsie and the Shack Forum when I was a confused teenager who felt completely alone in the world in a time before the world became, if not more accepting, at least more willing to acknowledge gay people's existence, and all the more alone because of the nagging realization that I was the most attracted to boys much younger than myself, which never really changed through high school or college.

Comsie's writing, and the Shack community did so much to make me feel less alone in the world. I'm now in my early 30s, and still struggle with living without shame, with my head held high in a world that very much does not approve of the way I love. But because of the incredible love and kindness Comsie exudes, and the tremendous, supportive community that exists in this forum, I learned what it felt like to know I'm not alone. This place fundamentally helped to shape who I am today, and it may have saved my life more than once.

So... Thank you.

Replies:

• Well...what else can I say... -- Comicality, 02:00:40 10/02/20 Fri

"Thoughts and prayers", I suppose...

Replies:

• Hahaha! So true! LOL! -- Comicality, 11:33:34 09/29/20 Tue

I love love LOVE my little cousins to death! I really do! And we have a ton of fun together when I'm wathing them! But Jesus...this is me like every ten minutes! Like WTF??? How hard is this??? Grrrrr!!! We went to this place, A-Town wings last week, and I, literally, turned the key in the ignition without moving, and I had Ranch dresseing spilled in the backseat! I hadn't even moved yet! What the hell is their malfunction? Seriously!

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 06:12:48 09/28/20 Mon

This week's 3M selection shows the pros how to make an AWESOME update to an old 80's TV show!

"Spenser Confidential"

You know, I was a little kid when Robert Urich's, "Spenser For Hire", show was on TV (And I vaguely remember the spinoff, "A Man Called Hawk"), so I remember my mom watching it, but I wasn't much for cop/detective shows back then. Give me "Battlestar Galactica" anyday! Hehehe! But, let me tell you...this movie was one HELL of a good time! I loved it!

So 'Spenser' was once a decent police officer in the town of Boston, taking down big criminals and fighting the corruption that they spread through the dirty cops and politicians that they controlled or had some leverage on. Until he was framed, dismissed from the force, and sent to jail for a five year prison term. Now, getting out and able to start his life all over again somewhere new...no problems, no worries, no danger...he stumbles across a related case to the one he was framed for in an attempt to get rid of him. He can't just let that life go.

With his return home to an older caretaker and a new surprise roommate in 'Hawk', he takes his special brand of justice to the scum that ruined his life in the first place! Great action movie! Lots of good laughs as well! And mystery and detective work at every turn! Very cool! Check it out when you get a chance! Enjoy!

I kinda want to watch the old series now. Is this what I was missing out on? Hehehe! :P

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 05:50:22 09/28/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Kooky For Cocoa' Kiss

• Awwww, if only it could be that easy... -- Comicality, 01:19:36 09/28/20 Mon

Great story, very sweet...but, unfortunately, the people who think like that in this day and age are probably too far gone to be saved. It's a shame, really. :/

Still...the story made me smile.

Replies:

• They grow so FAST! But awesome! :) -- Comicality, 20:43:07 09/24/20 Thu

Jack Goodacre and his father, Tim, always just made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Hehehe, it was like, "Awwww...father/son duo!" But has it been that long? A year...maybe two years, tops! Jack's gotten big! (And CUTE!) I'm glad they're still making good, meaningful, heartfelt music! New album is coming, so keep an eye out for it!

Replies:

• Hehehe, ::Blushes:: -- Comicality, 18:43:00 09/24/20 Thu

So...this guy came over to fix the railing on our back porch today while the kids were running around, and he brought this really CUTE brown haired college boy with him as his assistant! Like...you see him and gasp! :O

"Hehehe...hiiii...I'm Comsie. I'll be the guy staring at you out of my back window all day."

They'll be back tomorrow too. ::Nods:: I'm praying for a heatwave. Maybe he'll work the whole day with his shirt off. Sighhhh...thanks, God! You made me smile today! :)

Replies:

• Just finished watching "Humans". -- Mike, 02:18:57 09/24/20 Thu
    I've known about the show for years and had it as a possibility to watch, but was just never really excited based on what I'd seen in trailers and such, but it sounded interesting.

Anyway, I saw it on Netflix a few days ago and figured 'what the hell', right? So I binged the whole show, which is only 24 episodes split into three seasons.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

It's about a world, pretty much a parallel version of our own, the only difference is that AI is developed enough that we have "human like" robots that help us do everything from driving them around, babysitting the kids, doing all the difficult and dangerous jobs, etc.

But something happens and the "machines" start to become conscious, and we watch what happens as society learns of it. Will they accept them or seek to destroy them. I found the show really interesting and also realistic. like, I wouldn't expect the reaction to be too different from what played out. Especially in the first two seasons, the third went a little further, but it was still a compelling watch.

Here's the trailer, but it doesn't do the show justice, imo.

Replies:

• Let's take a break from politics and COVID-19... -- PeteIM, 14:36:36 09/22/20 Tue
    The Concert

The Prom Date

These Public Service Messages are from The Foundation for a Better Life, a non-profit organization.

The Foundation neither solicits nor accepts monetary donations from the public. It is not officially affiliated with any religion, instead hoping that "the values we share transcend any particular religion or nationality".

Replies:

• River Acheron's Question For Imagine October -- Comicality, 04:51:53 09/21/20 Mon
    Happy Halloween everyone! This month, I thought I would do something a little different. So far, we talked about fictional characters coming to life and parallel universes, we pondered our own inspiration, we debated sex, and even delved into COVID. Pretty deep stuff! However, to help us all get into the holiday spirit, I wanted to dial it back a bit and talk about something a bit more light-hearted: HORROR MOVIES! It seems that this year, all of our holidays will be more or less abbreviated due to the state of the world right now, but that does not mean we can't get into the spirit of things and keep Halloween alive.

It would probably come to no one's surprise that I am a huge fan of the horror genre. I had a babysitter when I was six years old who showed me the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie and have been hooked into the genre ever since. Now, 20 years later, aside from seeing all the classics, I have delved into the obscure, with movies like 'Death Bed: The Bed that Eats', 'Antfarm Dickhole', 'Bunnyman', 'Violent Shit', 'Night of the Lepus', and of course 'Weasels Rip My Flesh' which was made by a 15 year old boy (Nathan Schiff) in 1979 on Super 8 with a $400 dollar budget! It has since become somewhat of a cult so-bad-it's-good Z-Grade movie. I also recently expanded beyond the U.S. and got deep into Italian horror, checking out directors such as Mario Bava ('Blood and Black Lace'), Dario Argento ('Suspiria'), Lucio Fulci ('The Beyond'), Bruno Mattei, ('SS Girls'), Joe D'Amato ('Porno Holocaust'), Ruggero Deodato ('Cannibal Holocaust'), Claudio Fragasso ('Hell of the Living Dead')

Horror has always been an outlet for me. There's a certain comforting escapism in it, that I think resonates with a lot of people. I use it to reference a lot of my topics here, because horror - along with science ficion) - is influenced by the state of the world, more than any other genre. It acts as a lens for the world we are currently living in. It's always been this way, too. Take Dante, for example. Sure, he had his Purgatorio, and his Paradiso, but it's the Inferno that hit well with readers in the 1300's. It's in Hell that Dante used the most political allegory, while allowing himself to explore the darker side of the human nature (the two are not mutually exclusive! lol). Horror has also been the genre that lets the truly creative have fun with what they are best at...set designs, cinematography, lighting, and ESPECIALLY makeup! This is why I adore gore in horror films, especially if it's practical effects. The problem now, with computers and CGI, is everything can be done with the click of a button and it looks AWFUL! It's a sad state of affairs that a movie like 'Hellraiser' (1987) done on one million dollar budget - using all practical effects and stop-motion...most of which could be done with makeup, a few neat camera tricks, TALENT, and things you can find in your kitchen - looks SPECTACULAR compared with the laughably abysmal Mummy' (2017) on a 195 million dollar budget which was nothing but a CGI crap-fest made by people who obviously have no talent as actual FILM-makers!!

However, I digress. This is an outlet that is based on stories. So, I want to streamline my question this month. What is your favorite horror movie, based on the STORY ALONE? Where it really counts. The tale the author or screenwriter is trying to tell you. We can of course debate the visuals and techniques, but for the sake of this venue I want to concentrate on the tale. So, for now, take the look of the movie out of it, forget cinematography, forget the effects. Think about the best story in a horror movie (or book!) that comes to mind. For me, it's very difficult. It might even be more difficult than being asked to pick my favorite song of all time. In fact, I know it is. However, in the here and now, I would have to say, JUST based on the story - the tale -, taking into account the characters and their development, as well all the mythos that was created along the way, and intended from the start..I'd have to go with Clive Barker's 'The Hellbound Heart' (the Hellraiser mythos). It's easily one of the most disturbing books I have ever read. In terms of the movies, the first two are phenomenal, and captures the mood of the novella exactly. The subsequent sequels after the second movie are hit and miss, as the franchise changed hands many MANY times over the years, and more than once bastardized Clive Barkers vision. (I will post a link of one scene from Hellraiser 3 that still resonates with me, and is DEFINITELY something that one cannot do today! lol).

I'm curious as to what fascinates you about the genre, especially the STORY! That doesn't mean your favorite horror movie needs to be based on a book, no not at all, but focus for a moment on the STORY. What is it that you love? What stays with you? Maybe it's something you saw or read as a child that still sends chills down your spine, or maybe it's a new tale that you cannot stop thinking about, for whatever reason.

Horror is a genre that not only lets us play in the furthest reaches of our imagination, but also one that allows us to tap into dark areas of our psyches that may be considered taboo by societies social norms. This is not new. Our counterparts in the Middle Ages (and even prior!) up to the Modern Era understood this. Horror lies on the fringes of social acceptability. Horror fans have been called anti-social for centuries, but in the way that term is used, it need not be a bad thing. Do not be afraid of your own dark side, because it is within that shadow (to reference Jung) that we may find aspects of our self that we keep hidden...that we HAVE kept hidden since childhood. This fascination, and fear is perfectly normal. I hope all of you have a fantastic Halloween. As a suggestion, if you never have seen it, I would like to share with you (IMO) the best Halloween-themed horror movie ever made. It puts you into the spirit of the holiday moreso than any movie I have ever seen, and it's gory, and messed up, and all that fun stuff too! Check out 2007's Trick 'r Treat, directed by Michael Dougherty. It just may be your new holiday favorite! All of that said, my only question for October is this:

....what's YOUR favorite scary movie?

Scene from Hellraiser 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzmcJrG-MY

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 00:52:20 09/21/20 Mon

A weekly 3M selection that is MUCH more terrifying to watch now...considering the current climate of the world today!

"The Stand"

After watching this again not long ago, I was actually kind of shocked how much more it affected me this time around than it did the first time I watched it all the way through. Then again, it was Stephen King...you never think that something like that would ever be remotely true. It's a bedtime story for horror fans, right? I mean...I mean, right? :O

This came out way back in 1994 as a television miniseries, and I think all of the parts add up to about six hours. (Make sure you watch the extended cut if you can, the other version cuts some huge parts out of the movie for some odd reason) Think of it as the original version of "The Walking Dead"...except they're not walking. They're just...ummm, dead. Hehehe! And with a brand new version of this series coming out just before Christmas...I had to indulge in my love for this story all over again. And I was surprised how relevant it is right now. Yikes!

"The Stand" is about a killer virus (Super Flu) that gets unleashed all across the country, with a 99% communicability rate! (You probably see where this is going! Hehehe!) And it starts with a few secrets...then a few lies...then some misinformation...then a panic...then an attempt to contain the panic...let's just say that things don't end up well for humanity, worldwide. We are talking an apocalyptic amount of death and chaos. And this was back in the 90's where seeing piles of dead bodies and decaying corpses on TV was kind of a new thing. At least on THAT level! However, the deadly pandemic doesn't stop there. That's only the first quarter of the series.

When it comes to the survivors, I am once again in awe of Stephen King's ability to create an interesting ensemble cast of characters! He is the MASTER of doing that! As a writer, that's one of the things that I always wanted to created in my own stories as well. From "Gone From Daylight" to "Savage Moon" to "Billy Chase" to Shelter" and many more. This huge collection of people all working towards a common goal, but who all add something unique and special to that effort. It's brilliant. You get to see them find one another, a little bit at a time, and (through a series of shared dreams between them) converge on the same farmhouse, owned by an old lady named Mother Abigail, who claims that it was God that told her to gather them all together in one place. At the same time, we have a bunch of crazed, violent, gun toting, criminals and deviots...who are being drawn to Las Vegas to go be with...'the other fella.' A rage filled, but manipulatively charming, demagogue by the name of Randall Flagg. And from there...the powers of good and evil begin their deadly chess game.

If you've never seen it, it's really one of Stephen King's best works. With a stellar cast, including Gary Sinise, Ossie Davis, Rob Lowe, Ruby Dee, Ed Harris, Molly Ringwald, and more. I love the religious aspects to it as well, and it never comes off as heavy handed. Some of the characters don't even elieve in God, but they have enough faith to go forward in God's name. There's character depth where it really humanizes the people you're watching. And even the people in the beginning who get sick. (Something lacking today, when it's just an increasing number on a computer screen) You see somebody's friend, their parents, their neighbors, as actual people. And then you hear them randomly cough or sneeze and you get an instant chill, like, "Nooooo!!! Not THAT guy!!!"

Anyway, great series! Some lighthearted moments, and some very dark moments as well! And then...there's Trashcan Man! Hehehe! "MY LIFE FOR YOU!!!!!" Reminds me of something I've been seeing a lot of these days. But...'zips lip'! Remember, this was a 90's TV miniseries, so you won't see state of the art special effects or big budget production value. But what you WILL see is a great story that will stick with you long after it's over. So enjoy! :)

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 00:01:29 09/21/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Boy Cuddle N' Carry' Kiss

Replies:

• I'm really kinda curious to see where they go with this show... -- Comicality, 22:05:35 09/20/20 Sun

Because a bunch of the storylines surrounding Scarlet Witch in the comics are EXTREMELY dark! And she lost her brother, and was snapped out of existence for five years, and accidentally killed a bunch of people in Civil War, and then watched her husband murdered right in front of her...she's got a lot of power and a lot of issues to go along with them. I just can't see where they might take this series. I'm ready to find out though!

You can't have someody who can completely control the fabric of reality losing her marbles while trying to fix it, now can we? >:P

• Hey...its been awhile... -- Jake, 03:31:10 09/20/20 Sun
    Hey this is Jake. Idk if anyone even remembers me but I used to hang out on the IRC and here on the forum when I was a kid. I stopped hanging out here but lately ive been thinking about all my old friends who helped me through my super annoying angsty teen phase. Just wanted to say hello...i miss yall.

Replies:

• Sighhhh...Stefan! :) -- Comicality, 14:07:35 09/19/20 Sat

Wait...can he drive yet? i don't think he can drive!

::Screeeeeeeeeech....CRASH::

Stefan! Noooooooooooo!!!! :O

• Is it wrong that I kinda feel bad for him? -- Comicality, 05:24:34 09/19/20 Sat

I mean...you guys all know that I have NEVER been a fan of Donald Trump. I think he's one of the most heartless, most incompetent, most racist, most corrupt, most unfathomably SHAMELESS sons of bitches that has ever lived on this fucking planet!!!

But...

There's a part of me that really feels sorry for him. It bothers me. Because I should loathe him with every fiber of my being, but...he's weak and insecure and a tortured immature soul that simply can't ever understand reality as it is. He's a toddler in a world of adults. And I think that's so fucking sad.

Like...he is *INCAPABLE* of answering a simple question without blaming someone else or deflecting to something irrelevant! Think about that for a second. What the...? Democrats? Pharmaceutical companies? Biden? Obama? China? He can't take responsibility for ANYTHING!!! His whole entire life is a fucking lie. And he knows it's a lie. When he goes to bed at night...he KNOWS goddamn well it's all a lie. Blame, blame, blame, blame, blame! All day, every day. He's such a pathetic little loser bitch. And I feel bad for him. Because he could be better if he just stopped being an asshole. :(

Imagine how EXHAUSTING it must be...to live each and every single day of your life as a lie. To lie to other people and force them to repeat that lie back to you, ovr and oer again, to feel validated and cared about. To have to hold giant rallies CONSTANTLY for applause from strangers because you have no way to generate a sense of self love on your own. Think about it. Imagine hating yourself sooooo much, that you can't ever tell the truth to somebody for fear that it will expose you for the deplorable fraud that you are and have them turn away from you in disgust. That would be endless torture, in my mind. To never be able to look yourself in the mirror and have some level of love and respect for what you see looking back at you? I screw up all the time! And I laugh about it! Like, "Oops! My bad! Yeah, I was being an idiot on that one!" LOL! But he can't do that. Like...he CAN'T! It's impossible! I can't understand that at all. So think about that...imagine that it was you...

You're a complete and total fucking BASTARD! You are despicable filth! Scum of the Earth! The laughing stock of the entire planet! You are what everybody hates about humanity or a lack thereof...and you're too much of a fucking COWARD to hear us out, stand up like a man, take responsibility, and try to be anything better than that. If only to not ruin your family name for generations to come, and become an eternal shit stain on American history forever and evermore. Imagine that being you. God....that must suck.

I don't know...maybe it's the empath in me. But all hatred and vitriol aside...I'll admit, I kind of pity him. I think we all should. His own wife won't even hold his hand in public. What kind of life is that? At the end of the day, Trump is a human being like the rest of us. He might pretend that he doesn't have feelings, but his feelings are probably more fragile than anyone else's. And I feel like I'd be a lesser person if I took pleasure in that. I DO...hehehe...but I shouldn't.

Just...it bugs me to give a shit about such a vile and repugnant excuse for a human being. That's all.

Maybe I'm crazy. I want him gone...but it sucks that he's so damaged as a person. He's beyond help at this point. And I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Replies:

• "Give It To Me Straight 9" -- Comicality, 03:52:30 09/19/20 Sat

A brand new chapter of "Give It To Me Straight" is up for your enjoyment! So have fun! And if you want to read the completed story, you can grab the ebook in the Comicality ebook section at https://imagine-magazine.org/store/comicality/ right now, if you like! And if you want to read the previous chapters of this series, feel free to check them out at the link below! K?

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/give-it-to-me-straight/

Let me know what you think! I'd appreciate the feedback! ((Hugz)) Seezya soon!

Replies:

• Hehehe... :P -- Comicality, 12:05:08 09/18/20 Fri

...I don't know...Bieber looks kinda cute when he's all dirty! ::Giggles:: I mean, I don't buy him working on oil pipeline or anything, but it's good to see him again. This one made me smile. :)

• The new issue Of Imagine Magazine is live! :D -- Comicality, 02:57:21 09/15/20 Tue

A brand new issue is up for you guys to dive into and enjoy! New chapters from your favorite authors, and articles that you've come to love and enjoy! So have fun! It's all free! So why not have a blast! Please reember to hit that green 'like' button at the bottom of every page to let these hard working authors know that you love them! K?

Also, I was hoping to have this video finished in time for last month's August Issue, seeing as it was our two year anniversary and all! But I couldn't concentrate and finish, because...Corona Virus scare! :P

But it's done now! I hope you guys like it! Definitely come by and check out Imagine Magazine when you get a chance! It's basically 'Comicality Stories'...but in real life! Yes....these beautiful cuties do exist! So, to my younger readers...go out there and grab you one! Hehehe! Boys, boys, BOYS!!! :P

Actors, singers, models, martial artists, chefs, dancers...they all have something to say. And their beauty isn't just skin deep. So drop by and have fun with the magazine! And huge thanks to everyone who took the time to participate and submitted their own efforts and hard work, making the magazine a huge success, month after month after month! You guys are awesome! ((Hugz))

Take care! :)

Replies:

• Wow, technology is amazing -- Fanson, 21:28:38 09/14/20 Mon
    This song was released in 2010, but the person who uploaded this vid raised the pitch and it really sounds like 90's Hanson!!! I'm amazed!

Here's the normal version, it's one of my favs.

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 15:33:15 09/14/20 Mon

A feel good and informative documentary for this week's 3M! I enjoyed it!

"Gayby Baby"

Now this might be a bit of a challenge for some of you guys to find a copy of, as some places had it banned, due to its content. Although...with the exception of it being about a homosexual lifestyle, there really isn't anything overly racy or controversial about it. But...you know...people are brats sometimes, I guess.

"Gaybe Baby" is a documentary that tells the stories of four young kids, three boys and one girl, who were all raised in households with same sex parents, and it displays the kinds of things that they have to deal with during their daily lives in Australia. The thing is...all of the kids are perfectly normal, healthy, kids. And all of their parents are just as loving and caring as any other parent would be. But what this showcases is the atmosphere of what's going on around them in their society that makes all the difference. Without other people trying to judge and comment on it all...they'd all be just as happy as a straight couple's family would be. And that sucks.

One thing that stuck out to me in this movie was the idea that the parents have to try to teach their kids why they're not 'normal'. Like, they don't understand it. They have to be taught to hide, or to lie, or to possibly feel some level of shame that they don't want to feel. It seems so cruel in a way. Why can't the kid tell people at school he has two dads that love him very much? You know? But, it's a 'thing' so they sort of have to keep it secret in some situations. But the kids are adorable. The tiniest one of them all wants to be a professional wrestler! Hehehe, ok! Go for it!

There was ONE mom that was a little annoying to me, but that's because she was really religious and kept kind of forcing it on her little boy. But that's just me. I don't believe in that kind of thing at all. I think her heart was sort of in the right place, but just...leave him alone already! Christ! He's not interested. But, other than that, a cool documentary if you want to check it out! Enjoy! And stand proud, you guys!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 15:31:36 09/14/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Stairway To Heaven' Kiss

Replies:

• Sighhhhh...my sweetie... ::Faints:: -- Comicality, 14:08:17 09/11/20 Fri

My baby, Ruel, (One of my future husbands) is back with some new stuff! Hehehe, I like the Covid hair! He's got, like, a 'Taylor Hanson' thing going right now. Hehehe! Awwww! MWAH!!!!

Love you, babe!

Replies:

• Soooo.... -- Comicality, 06:56:32 09/11/20 Fri

192,000 people are dead, 30 million out of work, protests over racial injustice in the streets, Americans being evicted from their homes, kids in cages like ANIMALS at the southern border, Nazi and white supremacist violence is higher than ever before, and our economy has completely collapsed.

Is he officially a war criminal yet? Is anybody still on the fence about this, or...what's left to talk about here?

Stupidity will get you and your loved ones killed.

Replies:

• Hahaha! What? -- Comicality, 14:37:22 09/10/20 Thu

They mixed "Freaky Friday" with a horror movie??? Ummm...ok! I'm in! :P

Replies:

• Now THAT'S how you threaten somebody!!! XD -- Comicality, 15:13:36 09/09/20 Wed

Never ceases to crack me up!

• Oh! I...ummm...well, ok! -- Comicality, 13:18:54 09/09/20 Wed

I know that people have been talking about remaking "Dune" for years now, but I guess this is atually happening now.

I vaguely remember watching it when I was a little kid, and I didn't get it. I wanted "Star Wars", and I got...whatever that was. So I was bored to tears. But maybe I should watch it again now that I'm older. It has a massive and loyal fanbase, but like I said, I was little and just wanted lasers and explosions and stuff, plot and character, be damned. Hehehe! It's like...sci-fi 'Game Of Thrones' in a way. My perspective might be different now.

Besides, stellar cast! Let's see what happens with this one.

Replies:

• Best of wishes... -- Comicality, 17:51:44 09/07/20 Mon

...Goes out to actress, Sharon Stone, who lost her mother and grandmother to Covid-19, and now her sister is sick and has been hospitalized. The new "Batman", Robert Pattinson, has recently tested positive, as well as Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, who has also tested positive, along with his wife and two children.

Stay safe, you guys! And I wish you well!

Replies:

• "Left Without Words 19"! :) -- Comicality, 16:07:49 09/07/20 Mon

Happy Labor Day, you guys! I hope it's a fun holiday for you all! And if you're in a place that doesn't celebrate Labor Day...well, happy Monday then! Celebrate it just the same! :)

A brand new chapter of "Left Without Words" is kicking things off today! So enjoy! And if you just have a few seconds to spare, please let me know what you think! K? IF you can. :)

It's over in the Library when you're ready!

http://www.voy.com/17262/

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 13:09:37 09/07/20 Mon

I am a little bit too close to Florida right now for this week's 3M to not scare the living SHIT out of me! :O

"Crawl"

Honestly? When this movie came out, I watched it just because I didn't have anything else to watch. I expected your average animal horror flick with a few jump scares and a low budget level of value. Something to pass the time, right?

WRONG! This movie was freakin' AWESOME!!! Hehehe!

Omigod! I was pleasantly surprised! I think this movie is sooooo underrated! It begine with our protagonist, an award winning swimmer, who has lost contact with her father during an extreme hurricane warning...bringing a harsh and potentially deadly storm in his direction. So she drives out to Florida to see what happened and maybe get him to evacuate the area and come back home with her. However, when the hurricane hits, and all the roads are washed out...she finds herself trapped in the chaos. And that's where the alligators come in!

Have you ever seen that youtube video of that alligator on the golf course??? That thing looked like a damned DINOSAUR!!! Absolutely huge, with biological body armor, and enough strength in its jaws to snap an arm or a leg clean off of you with a single bite! Well, guess what the tide brings in when the hurricane floods the entire town. These monsters are hungry, super savage, and if they get a hold of you...you're done! Terrifying!

Amazing movie! Full of tension, almost from the very start, and lasting all the way to the end. Floods and alligators. How can you go wrong? Check it out when you get a chance. Get your popcorn ready! It's gonna be an exciting ride! :P

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 13:08:27 09/07/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Rainbows Matter' Kiss

Replies:

• Johari Noelle - Time -- PeteIM, 17:07:38 09/03/20 Thu
    View this full screen if possible...

Replies:

• YES!!!! YES YES YES YES YES!!! XD -- Comicality, 13:48:38 09/03/20 Thu

I'm finally gonna get my new James Bond movie!!! Holy shit! I can't wait! One of my favorite cinematic characters of all TIME!!!

Gah!!! I think I just became an 8 year old al over again! God bless you, 007!!! Squeeeeeeee!

Replies:

• Imagine Question For 9/3 -- Comicality, 01:21:52 09/03/20 Thu

Life is life. And every day can't be a 'happy happy day'. That's just the way it goes. As much as we try to avoid it or navigate around it...misfortune and loss will come knocking at our door eventually. And life is all about how we deal with those tough times when they get tossed at us like a live grenade.

The question is...when we're going through struggles or moments of heartbreak, frustration, or sadness...do you ever find yourself putting on a mask for the benefit of the people around you? Do you 'pretend' to be ok? Or do you ask for help? Or maybe you just need to tell someone that things are all screwed up so you can blow off some steam? When times get hard, do you work to hide it from the people around you? Or do you search for those closest to you so they can help you carry the load?

There's an upside and a downside to both sides. Which one do you gravitate towards most often?

Please feel free to answer in the replies below, or send me an email at Comicality@shackoutback.net if you like. Let me know if you want it to be an anonymous reply ahead of time. Interested to see what you guys have to say about this one! :)

Replies:

• Count me in :D -- Mike, 23:03:01 09/02/20 Wed

Smallville is one of my favorite shows, so once they said "it's a sequel to Smallville," I was hooked.

And it's gonna be something completely new, too, to TV anyway. Superman's got two sons, high school aged, who are just coming into their own super powers. So while Supes is having to deal with villains, he's got 'Dad problems' to deal with too.

It's been ten years, and I still miss Smallville. SO I'm all for this.

• See? I didn't make up that sound! :P -- Comicality, 23:28:54 09/01/20 Tue

That's just what it sounds like. "Hehehe!"

Replies:

• River Acheron Question For Imagine 8/31 -- Comicality, 14:51:53 08/31/20 Mon

Writing in the Covid-19 era...

Life imitates art. But art also imitates life. Horror and sci-fi movies from the 1950's depicted mutations and nuclear horrors, which was appropriate considering that these movies came out during the atomic age. Many horror movies from the 1970's depicted Satanism (The Omen, The Exorcist, Satan's School For Girls, Warlock Moon, The Devil's Rain, The Blood on Satan's Claw, just to name a few), this came about due to the rise of occultism, evangelical fear, and public figures such as Anton LaVey popularizing Satanism in the mainstream. All of this, of course, led to "stranger danger" and "satanic panic" in the early 1980's...this fear that a terrifying, unknown evil could be lurking right around the corner. And what kind of entertainment did we get in the early 80's? The rise of the slasher movie, where faceless killers lurked in neighborhoods, high schools, and campgrounds. Our writing is directly influenced by the zeitgeist of the era. It's unavoidable really. In 2020, as the Corona virus literally changed the way of life for all of us, our fiction will no doubt be transformed as well. My question is....how will you implement it?

Already, it has been announced that the sitcom, The Conners (The Roseanne spinoff) next season will focus heavily on how the pandemic affected the main characters, Curb Your Enthusiasm will also implement a COVID plotline, according to Larry David. In a way, if you write fiction that takes place in our world at our time, you kind of have to make mention of it. To do otherwise would place your story in an alternate reality. That is not to say that one must write a COVID plotline, or focus heavily on the pandemic itself of course. But as writers, should we not at least acknowledge that this is the world we live in. For the sake of realism, you can't have your characters go to an indoor restaurant for example. This is obviously not an issue if your story is a period piece, or some kind of alternate universe thing, but if your story takes place in this current era and world, then my question is, how much of COVID will you implement in your stories? I can see how this may be difficult for those of you with long running series that have lasted years. Maybe a casual mention of your character putting on a mask when entering a store? Or would go full-on and maybe have a character actually contract the virus?

None of this is, of course, meant to trivialize or capitalize on what is of course a very real and very serious problem in this world, but to not mention it at all would be less than realistic, would it not? For me personally, it has not been an issue since HOMETOWN takes place in 2013, but for my next story in the saga (HOMETOWN 3 or whatever it will end up being called), I was thinking of doing a time-jump. This was an idea I had even before the pandemic hit. So now, I'm not sure exactly how I want to handle things. It also depends on what happens with the pandemic over the next few months or years. These are uncertain times, and as such, it kinda makes our writing uncertain as well, doesn't it?

This month, my question is a simple one. How will you implement COVID in your fiction, if at all?

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 13:27:33 08/31/20 Mon

"I'm starting with the man in the mirror! Hooo!" :P

"Look Away"

If any of you guys get freaked out by the idea of there being a whole other 'you' in your own reflection in the mirror...you might want to skip this one. Hehehe, then again, you might like it anyway. Who knows?

"Look Away" was something that I decided to watch on a day when I felt like I had seen everything else in creation, so why not? And I liked it! There's something deep going on under the typical surface thriller flick. It's sort of a cool mix between Ewan Mcgregor's "Split", and Stephen King's "Carrie".

When a young high school girl find herself either being bullied by her classmates, or being 'used' by her so-called friends...when her demanding, out of touch, parents are coming down on her...she decides to take a good look at herself in the mirror, determined to make a change. Little does she know...her reflection is looking right back at her.

As her unrestricted self asks for permission to be unleashed from her prison behind the glass, the two agree to trade places until her life is back on track. But, as wickedness never keeps its word, she finds herself being the one behind the mirror while her other stuff goes out to wreak havoc and get revenge on everyone that ever wronged her.

This is one of those flicks that just makes you feel good about being so bad! Hehehe, you might not want to go that far over the top...but don't you ever wonder...what if? :)

Decent Saturday matinee flick if you're looking for something a bit different. Check it out! And enjoy!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 13:26:03 08/31/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Whoopie Wet N' Wild' Kiss

• Awww.... -- Comicality, 00:14:31 08/31/20 Mon

...He's helping to break Jackson's comic book cherry! :P

Actually, I need to get back into reading the new stuff, myself. It's been years. And some of those flip stories sound really amazing. I miss the thrill of it, personally.

But...DAMN, comic books got expensive!!! WTF??? >:O

Replies:

• I mean, WOW -- Fanson, 20:01:36 08/30/20 Sun
    Ok, so this Ezra Hanson (Taylor Hanson's oldest kid), he's around 17yo in this vid (turns 18 this Halloween lol) and just tell me if he doesn't sound so much like his dad! To me he totally does, I'm in shock lol.

Speaking of Hanson, check out their new music video!

Replies:

• Ummmm....what...? -- Comicality, 17:56:41 08/30/20 Sun

Hmmm, let's see...

I woke up, showered, had some breakfast...

I remember going to Walmart to pick up a few things...I had a chicken caesar salad for lunch...I spoke to my neighbor across the street. She's a really nice lady. Put some gas in the car...

Nope! Can't say that I saw ANY of...whatever 'this' is...

Hehehe, wtf are they TALKING about??? Who are you trying to scare with this nonsense? They did every thing short of bringing a little girl and her puppy on stage with a loaded pistol. "VOTE FOR TRUMP, OR THE LITTLE BITCH GETS IT!!!" Give me a break.

If you live outside the US, please know that that's all bullshit. 'Heroin needles'? Really? How do you invite MS-13 gang members to move in next door? Do you...have an open house? Cheese and crackers? How does that work? I barely ever heard anything about MS-13 in my entire life until they needed a new scapegoat. What I DO hear about all the time is violence by Nazis, and the Ku Klux Klan, and right wing nutjobs in MAGA hats with Trump painted on the side of their vans being responsible for the largest and deadliest mass shootings in American history over the past four years. But...I guess they didn't make it on to their list of things to worry about. It'll be fine. Some 'very fine people' over there.

I don't know where these super wealthy, entitled, politicians live...but if that's what YOU'RE neighborhoods look like, then maybe you should come down from your ivory towers and move out here with the rest of us. Then you won't be so scared all the time. :P

Replies:

• Well, you can't argue with that :) -- Comicality, 01:20:46 08/30/20 Sun

Yeah! Don't be an ass! :P

Thanks, Lucas!

Hehehe....what's gonna happen when these people try to colonize Mars someday?

"You're taking away my God given liberties! I don't WANNA wear this stupid helmet!!!"

Replies:

• So very, very, sad... :( -- Comicality, 02:16:36 08/29/20 Sat

Actor, Chadwick Boseman, passed away tonight after a long battle with colon cancer. I can't believe it. Wow...

Wakanda forever... :(

Replies:

• "New Kid In School" Gets A Milestone Chapter! -- Comicality, 23:25:54 08/28/20 Fri

"New Kid In School" will always be my first born story, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. It was that story and readers' responses to it that made all of this other stuff possible! So thanks to you all! And check out Chapter 66 for a chapter that was a long time coming! Enjoy! And let me know what you think! :)

Replies:

• Well, THAT escalated quickly! :O -- Comicality, 20:42:26 08/28/20 Fri

I knew they were making a sequel to this (I LOVED the first one!), but it had been so on I thought maybe they forgot about it! guess not! :)

Replies:

• >> -- Mike, 16:38:44 08/28/20 Fri

Happy to know this show's still coming soon, with the Covid situation slowing down filming productions. This series was shot close together because it involves actors who're still growing. They don't want a character who looked 13 in season 1 to look 17 in season 2 or 3 :P

I loved the first season, and there's not long to wait for season 2 now. :D

I thought it would come out at Christmas like season 1, but it's coming out in November.

• Funny or cruel? -- Mike, 06:24:02 08/28/20 Fri

I thought this was funny. Maybe because I was halfway convinced the whole thing was fake, not just the ear, but the boy being in on it, too. Plus, come on! You'd feel your ear being injured. Right?

But maybe it's genuine, and the boy's not part of it?

Half of the comments thought it was funny, but a lot thought it was a cruel prank. I can see what they're saying, thinking about it.

What do you think?

Replies:

• NEGATIVE!!!!! XD -- Comicality, 13:03:53 08/25/20 Tue

I was kinda freaking out about it over the past week, but I got my Covid-19 results back, and I tested negative! Thank God!

As for my two little cousins, the boy tested negative, but the girl tested positive. So she's going to be stuck at home for a while. I don't know about my mom yet, but if I'm ok, then I' sure she is too. So...we definitely Matrix dodged a bullet on that one.

Omigod, I am SO relieved! I'm going to go out and get beer now! Hehehe! I need to celebrate, and get out of this house for a while.

Ahhhhh! Life is good! ((Hugz Life))

Replies:

• I've just finished TUA. -- Mike, 20:25:13 08/24/20 Mon

It was very good. Lots of fun. Better than the first season, which I never loved, but enjoyed.

Also enjoyed the twist at the end of this season too

Has anyone else been watching it?

Replies:

• A New "Kiss Of An Angel" chapter is up! :) -- Comicality, 20:02:43 08/24/20 Mon

A brand new chapter of "Kiss Of An Angel" is now up and ready to go! I hope you guys enjoy it! Please take a few seconds to let me know what you think whenever you get a chance! I always love to hear what you guys have to say! :)

Have fun! And if you've never read this story before (A direct spinoff and companion piece to "New Kid In School"), you can check out all the previous chapters at the link below! K? Good luck, Ariel! Mwah!!!

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/kissofanangel/

Replies:

• Ummm...wait.... -- Comicality, 18:28:59 08/24/20 Mon

...What was this song about again? Sorry....I lost my concentration there for a moment around the 3 minute mark. Hehehe! :P

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 05:24:08 08/24/20 Mon

Don't go into this week's 3M with a weak stomach, folks! It won't work out well for you! :P

"Haunt"

Hey, I can't help it! I'm a sucker for a good horror movie! I eat them up, every time I find a new one! And I will definitely tell you guys when I find another hidden gem for all of you hungry horror fans out there!

I stumbled across "Haunt" by accident, actually...and I was pleasantly surprised! It's Halloween night, and a group of college kids are looking for the ultimate party by traveling waaaay out to the boondocks to find one of the most extreme haunted house exhibits in town! Drive up, leave your cell phones behind, and prepare to be terrified.

However...just how 'real' is this haunted house once you get involved with what's going on in there. You wanted to be scared for Halloween...but you might want to be careful what you wish for!

Check this one out! Very cool! A really good balance of tension and suspense, and some blood and gore for you horror purists out there too! A good time to be had by all! Enjoy!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 05:22:59 08/24/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'La La Lick-A-Lot' Kiss

Replies:

• Sighhh...blushing bashfully... -- Comicality, 23:57:24 08/23/20 Sun

I....ummm...I like to cook too. Or, well, I'm learning still but...yeah. Hi, Max. I like your apron. It's, you know...it's cute. Ahem. I should prolly get back to work. Can't wait for season three. Be careful filming, k?

Miss you. ::Runs away to hide::

Replies:

• WHOAH!!! What the...??? -- Comicality, 00:33:00 08/23/20 Sun

I didn't expect this teaser at ALL!!! :O

Omigod! Cool! I mean, Batman looks a little 'emo' for some reason, but let's see how this plays out! XD

Replies:

• Still waiting for Season 4. They're still shooting some stuff for it, apparently. But Season 5 has been announced. -- Mike, 16:07:59 08/22/20 Sat

And I'm happy to hear that (with the caveat that it continues to be good), I do love the show. And I thought that this was going to be the final one.

But apparently not :D

• Sweeeeeet!!!! XD -- Comicality, 15:51:04 08/22/20 Sat

Can't wait! I've been dying to see how this sequel would turn out, and it doesn't look like they're going to disappoint! And finally...some Cheetah action! Yes!

Replies:

• Hah, I knew it! -- Who4m1, 07:43:45 08/22/20 Sat
    There is scientific evidence that empathy and anxiety are positively correlated.
    That means that people with social anxiety are more likely to be more empathic.

I always kind of thought that, but it is really nice to have some kind of evidence (or at least strong indication), too.

Well, I was kind of happy to find out about that and just felt like sharing it with you. Don't knwo why :)

(And here is the evidence for those curious:

A recent study that found this correlation:
    https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2167702619885410

But also another study that also supports that, is a little bit more detailed (or more accessible) and has a good overview about the topic and some other studies on that:
    https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2019.00094/full
    (both used on 22.08.2020))

(Also possibly does open up some other things to think about.)

(Oh, and I hope it is okay that I just post this.)

Replies:

• Hehehe, cute boy distraction! :P -- Comicality, 20:39:42 08/21/20 Fri

HERE! Cutie pie! MWAH!!!

I'm answering a massive amount of emails right now! The first 50 replies are going out right now! And I'm still working on more! So expecting a few 'dings' in the next couple of minutes! K?

I'll let you know when I get more ready to go!

Replies:

• Ebook stuff... -- Comicality, 15:13:46 08/21/20 Fri

So...for some odd reason my "Daydreams & Lullabyes: Volume Three" book was 'Blocked' by Amazon.com, and they didn't really give me a decent reason as to why. ::Shrugs:: And they also went back and blocked Volume Two as well, which is weird, considering that it was just fine when I published it NINE MONTHS AGO!!! So I've got to through the frustrating process of figuring things out here. Please be patient with me. Or with Amazon, actually. I didn't do anything wrong.

Anyway, the new ebook, "Miles To Go", seemed to go through just fine. But then again, Miles isn't a gay teenager. Funny how that works out. ::Shakes My Head:: Straight privilege. Hehehe!

Enjoy! And grab your copy (Complete, with the never before released fourth chapter!) in the Comicality Ebook section! Leave a review and let me know what you think! :)

https://imagine-magazine.org/store/comicality/

Replies:

• I'm currently working on the newest ebooks... -- Comicality, 00:29:39 08/21/20 Fri

So purchases and availability might be a bit weird for the next twelve hours or so. Just letting you guys know. :)

I'll put out an announcement when everything is finished working itself out, k?

More goodies to come! I've been having a lot of fun these days! ::Giggles::

• Dawwwwwwwww! ::Melts:: -- Comicality, 16:56:24 08/19/20 Wed

Replies:

• "Give It To Me Straight" Continues! :) -- Comicality, 21:00:49 08/18/20 Tue

The newest chapter of "Give It To Me Straight" is now up for you guys to enjoy! We're just a few chapter away from being finished! But, of course, if you want to jump ahead and read to the end, you can grab a copy of the ebook in the Comicality Ebook Section right now if you like and put an end to your suffering in an instant! ::Giggles::

Either way, I hope you guys like it! And feel free to let me know what you think! Cool? Have fun! :)

And, of course, if this is your first GITMS rodeo, you can find all previous chapters at the story link below!

• I didn't know the NRA had their own version of Harry Potter! :O -- Comicality, 18:27:19 08/18/20 Tue

• Soooo...that was unpleasant. Heh... -- Comicality, 16:52:51 08/17/20 Mon

I got my Covid-19 test this morning. First of all...ummm...OWWW!!! She KNEW it was gonna hurt, that's why she didn't even allow me to prepare for it. All for the best, I suppose. My throat is still a little sore, but I'll deal with it. They just kinda STAB you in the nose and brain and partially down your throat...and by the time you have a chance to think "WTF???", they're all done. I guess that's the only way you can do that kind of thing. I'm grateful though.

Apparently I only have to wait 4 to 6 days to find out what's going on. So wish me luck.

Love you lots, and I'll seezya soon!

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 16:27:48 08/17/20 Mon

This week's 3M is a double feature! Because you've just GOT to see them both! They're AMAZING!

"The Kingsman: Secret Service" & "The Kingsman: Golden Circle"

If you haven't seen either one of these movies, or have been putting it off until later, then you have seriously been missing out! Trust me!

Hovering somewhere between 'James Bond' and 'John Wick', The Kingsman franchise has been one of the most exciting additions to the spy/action genre in years! And the second movie is like the first movie with an extra shot of adrenaline injected into its veins! XD

The first movie introduces us to 'Eggsy', a young man with a history of delinquent behavior and a reckless attitude towards everything that he faces in his life. But where many people have written him off as a worthless and hopeless cause...he catches the eye of a well trained 'recruiter' of sorts. One who owes Eggsy's father his life. So he steps in to see if he can give the boy purpose. Training. And the skills to become something more than he ever thought he could be. He invites him to join the 'Kingsmen' group. A secret society of spies and warriors that have existed for centuries and are basically the new knights of the round table. So you get to go along with him, through his training and his failures, to see if he can ultimately become what he was meant to be...a complete and total badass the likes that no one has ever seen before!

The first movie stars Samuel L Jackson as the main villain, and his henchman, 'Gazelle'! Let me just say...Jesus! Is Gazelle not one of the craziest female villains ever! That woman terrifies me! Hehehe!

The second movie, "The Golden Circle", brings Eggsy back to face a new maniacal villain, and ups the stakes from 10 to 20! When evil mastermind, Julianne Moore, begins to destroy the kingsmen and kill all of their allies, Eggsy is forced to turn to the Kingsmen's American counterparts...the Statesmen! And if the knights of the round table are the shining display of England's golden age...then it's the American cowboy and the wild wild west that has influenced the Statesmen here in the US! So you get to see both of them join forces to take down the big bad, and the result will leave you breathless! :)

I highly recommend both movies! Watch them back to back if you can! And enjoy! It's an adrenaline boost that you won't soon forget!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 16:24:39 08/17/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Yum Yum Gummy Lips' Kiss

Replies:

• Imagine Magazine #63 went up earlier tonight! -- Comicality, 00:41:54 08/16/20 Sun

I have unfortunately been pretty sick over this past week, so I haven't been around much. But I'll get things rolling as soon as I can get myself back in working order. Cool?

In the meanwhile, the new issue is live! Thanks to everyone involved in getting another successful issue for people to enjoy! Thanks a ton, and I'll talk to you soon.

Replies:

• What is wrong with these people? -- Mike, 11:00:15 08/12/20 Wed

They're not even satisfied with exposing themselves to a nasty virus. They're not happy until everyone else does too.

A virus that's killed over 160,000 in his own country.

Even if they were right and we're overreacting and look like 'soft' idiots, what does it have to do with them?

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 17:09:11 08/10/20 Mon

This week's 3M was one of the craziest finds I've come across in a long time!

"Coma"

It's like someone took "The Matrix", "Dr. Strange", and "Inception"...put it in a giant blender and made a smoothie out of it! :O And it's actually pretty fascinating, to be honest!

The movie starts off with our main hero getting into a rather nasty car accident, which puts him in coma. However, what he soon discovers is that everybody, everywhere, all over the world, who ever goes into a coma...ends up interacting in the same place! A hauntingly creative realm between dimensions that is full of the shattered memories of its inhabitants. Oh, and did I mention that you discover that you hve certain superhuman abilities in this topsy turvy place? Yeah, this movie has a little bit of everything!

So you've got a big, action packed, sci-fi, adventure going on in a world where up is down and down is up and everything moves and changes depending on where you are and what you're doing...it's crazy. And all of this is going on while they're being constantly hunted by 'Reapers', a sort of shadowy race of creatures trying to kill them.

So, if you're looking for something different, give this one a try! It is a Russian movie, but it's dubbed in English. Which is a good thing, because there is going to be WAY too much stuff going on for you to read subtitles! :P

Enjoy!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 16:48:39 08/10/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Giggle Joy' Kiss

Replies:

• If anyone's looking for a new author to try? -- Mike, 19:36:51 08/08/20 Sat
    I have been reading a lot of T.J. Klune recently.

He has written some baller stories. I don't know how "known" he is though.

He's queer, and he writes queer fiction, but not the typical sort of stuff. Yes, the characters are openly queer, but the stories are centered around other things.
    Depending on the story, that could mean werewolves, superheros, and even the son of the Devil, himself.

And in more than one story, non-supernatural humans dealing with non-fantasy themes, too.

His most recent one is called The Extraordinaries.

Nick Bell is our main character. He’s neurodiverse with severe ADHD. He's a junior in high school. He writes fanfic about his real-life crush, super hero "Shadow Star", and the hero’s arch nemesis, "Pyro Storm."

Nick is absolutely hilarious! His brain goes 100 miles a minute and gets distracted by every bit of shine and sparkle that crosses his path. He has an amazing imagination and is obsessed with the Extraordinaries which live among mere mortals.

One of my favorite things about this story was Nick’s close group of friends. We have the adorable bow-tie-wearing Seth, the baby butch Gibby, and the cheerleader Jazz. These four were all so very different but worked so well together.

Another strong plus of the story was the focus on the father-son relationship between Nick and his dad. Often, in YA books, parents are tertiary characters at best. But the father, and police officer Aaron Bell is a strong secondary character that drives the plot forward.

In many ways it's like a gay teen Spider-man fic, and it's written very well. I laughed out loud in a few parts, which is rare for me.

Another recent one of his I read called The House In Cerulean Sea, I loved even more.

Our main character, Linus Baker is a quiet man leading a quiet life. He’s a caseworker for the Department in Charge of Magical Youth, where he always follows the rules to a “t.”

He doesn't question authority and does what's expected of him: nothing more, nothing less. Other than that, he lives with a cranky cat and his music to keep him company. It’s a lonely existence but he doesn’t know anything else.

And then one day he is summoned by Extremely Upper Management and sent on a top secret assignment: to investigate the Marysas Orphanage, located on a remote island. The children that live there are supposedly unlike any Linus has ever seen—dangerously magical, apparently—and there’s a rumor one could bring about the End of Days. He is also urged to investigate the home's master, Arthur Parnassus, for reasons no one explains to him.

When Linus arrives, he is shocked by what he finds, in that these children ARE different.

Sure, they have the potential to be dangerous (particularly one), but they have the same needs of all children—to be loved and cared for, to be taken seriously, and to have their dreams nurtured. All of this definitely is happening thanks to the enigmatic Arthur Parnassus.

What happens when a man who has always followed the rules and been led by his brain suddenly has his heart opened? What will that mean for his life, his job, and the children?

This is a wonderful book about our tendency to fear what we don’t understand, the magic that love can do, and the different meanings of family.

If you are interested in them, you can find them at Amazon, and Audiobook.com, etc. :)

Replies:

• Sighhh......I love you, Troye! :) -- Comicality, 16:04:03 08/08/20 Sat

I really like this new song! I don't know, it just makes me feel good inside!

So good to have you back, Troye! You're amazing! Mwah! And cute! Just throwing that out there! :P

Replies:

• When I was only 14 years old... -- Comicality, 11:08:06 08/08/20 Sat

I got my very first job, working at a toy store. And I was soooo proud to get my first paycheck! And hey, look...there's the US government...with their hand out. Taking money from me. And then I pay taxes over and over and over again. Can't do anything without the government standing there with their hand out, like, "Gimmee more!"

Ok. Such is life. We learn to deal with it. Besides, it's supposed to go to good stuff, right? Good schools, decent roads, social security, unemployment benefits, health care...maybe a police department that doesn't brutalize and murder innocent people for no good reason. I have spent my entire life paying and contributing to my country to keep a surplus of funds 'safe' for us in case we ever have an international emergency.

Well...here's the emergency. We need help. And...they're on 'vacation'? They have to have meetings and discussions on whether or not they want to give us back our own money? And they're not in any hurry to do it. Not their money. MY money! Sure would help to get that 'safety surplus' back right about now. Might be nice. Why are they on vacation? They sit in a room and talk. They're not digging ditches or working construction. You go to a room, and you talk, and you break for an expensive lunch. Why do you need a vacation from that in a time of crisis? Are their asses sore from sitting in a chair for too long? What's happening here? It's not a 'handout', it's not a 'favor. I gave you my money...I need you to use it for what it was meant for. So...what's the delay?

The nice guy side of me is trying to be patient here. But, ummmm...the 'Chi-Town' side of me doesn't understand why each and every single American citizen isn't cornering EVERY member of congress and every politician, including the president himself...and giving them the appropriate 'treatment'...

"Private jet, huh?!?!?! Big stadium rally??? Ostrich skin Jacket???" Kick, punch, kick! "Golf game, huh??? Chocolate ice cream???" Knocks out a tooth! Grabs baseball bat! "Legal fees for frivolous lawsuits? Corporation bailouts? Oh yeah! You don't have any money, do you? DO YOU??? Campaign commercials? Really??? Ok! Campaign THIS, you sons of bitches!!! Where's my money, man!!! Fuck you!!!!"

Something tells me that if we took this particular approach, we could speed up this process a bit...

Replies:

• I put some heavy work into "Pakratz" this morning! :) -- Comicality, 17:36:51 08/07/20 Fri

I have been waiting for sooooo long to get "Gone From Daylight" to the point where all of these stories could (sort of) crossover! It's actually really fun to write. Because there's like this whole 'history' behind everything that's going on. I still have to finish "GFD: Ammo Nation" and get further into "GFD: Dead Language" to bring it all together like I had planned, but I'm having fun with it. Even when it makes my brain hurt! :P

More to come soon! All of the stories have minor (or MAJOR) connections to the main story, so I don't want to mess this up now! A new "Red October" series of updates is on its way! Woo hoo!

Replies:

• Hahaha!!! EXACTLY!!! -- Comicality, 14:28:57 08/06/20 Thu

Replies:

• Literally laughing out loud at this point! -- Comicality, 12:40:08 08/06/20 Thu

So we have a killer pandemic, MURDER hornets, and cannibal rats running around New York aggressively eating each other!

And now? We have big ass, fungus infected, ZOMBIE INSECTS!!! What...the...actual...fuck??? Zombie ants and Cicadas??? REALLY??? Are you kidding me right now?

::Looks up at the sky:: God? Can you just bring the apocalypse all at once? Just...a nuclear bomb, a solar flare, or a killer asteroid, or something? Just...what are we doing here, man? What's next? Vampire squirrels? Raccoons with machine guns? What the hell is happening to the world?

Zombie insects with no control over their bodies...pretending to be gay...to infect other insects. I just...I can't. I just can't, anymore.

Replies:

• DANGIT!!! I need to write faster! >:O -- Comicality, 11:57:44 08/06/20 Thu

I should literally just close myself up in my room for a month or two, and just write all of my ideas out from beginning to finish! Otherwise, Hollywood is gonna beat me to the punch, every time! Hehehe!

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/skylight-phase1impact

• GAHHHH!!! >:O -- Comicality, 04:00:02 08/05/20 Wed

Corona Virus tests are like...$150 a pop! JESUS!!! It's just a super long Q-tip! :(

I mean...I've gotta pay it, but...what the hell?

For 150 bucks, I'd BETTER be fucking sick! ::Grumbles::

Going in on the 17th. Hoping for the best...

Replies:

• "Waiting Outside The Lines 25" Is Up! -- Comicality, 07:02:36 08/04/20 Tue

A brand new chapter of "Waiting Outside The Lines" is now up and ready to keep the series going! I hope you guys like it! Please let me know what you think when you get the chance! Enjoy!

Awwww...hehehe, Greyson would have been my PERFECT ideal boyfriend in high school!!! Seriously! Cute, sweet, funny, slightly awkward, and beautiful...through and through! Sighhh...love you, Greyson! Always! Mwah!!!

• Yeah, but...Joseph Mazzello... :P -- Comicality, 02:09:35 08/04/20 Tue

Hehehe...say what you want, but no matter HOW bad a movie is, I can dreamily stare at 90's Joseph Mazzello all day! LOL! :P

Replies:

• What the...? Sighhhh.... ::Apologizes to the rest of the planet:: -- Comicality, 21:22:03 08/03/20 Mon

So...after an interview, our president 'who shall not be named'...was asked if he reads his daily updates and briefings. And, of course, he can't just say 'yes'. He has to say, "Of course I read! I'm the best reader that's ever existed on this planet or any other in the history of the existence of life!!!! I read better than GOD! And I get better ratings than he does!"

So...that's a 'no'.

And now he's setting up photo ops of him walking around with a stack of newspapers.

You know...to prove that he can read. See? I can read. Look at these newspapers in my hand. Sighhh...Jesus Christ. The absolute absurdity of this man just...it stopped being funny years ago. It boggles the mind, it really does. Do you think he takes those pictures, like the one with the upside down Bible, and then looks himself in the mirror like, "Nailed it!" i'm religious, see? Bible...right here in my hand. Get it? Eh?

YES! Totally fooled them! Suckers!

Can you imagine what kind of chaos the world would have been thrown into if Obama or even Bush had to find a stunt to prove to the rest of the country that they had the ability to READ??? Are you crazy?

FIRST of all...carrying a newspaper doesn't mean that you read it. A toddler can carry a newspaper, it doesn't mean that he spent all morning checking the stock market. I've got condoms in my wallet, that doesn't mean I spend every weekend banging college freshmen. These things are not at all connected.

SECOND...nobody has ever seen you walking around with any kind of reading material ever. Never. Not once. And now, the day after your interview, now you've got stacks of newspapers to carry around with you. NOT one of your agents or the secret service...no, you personally just walk around with them folded up in your arms. Okaaaay...

And THIRD...WTF? It's 2020! You're the president! We have the internet! What the...? Where do you even GET a newspaper, much less a stack of them? What...are you trying to keep up with some shit that happened YESTERDAY? Right now, if I was potty training a fucking puppy, and you told me to buy some newspaper to put down on the kitchen floor for him to piss on, I wouldn't even know where to go to buy such a thing. I just...seriously, wtf?

If you're going to be a pathological LIAR, at least be good at it. At least try. Can you do that? Put in some effort, maybe?

How many times does grampa have to pull a shiny nickle from behind your ear before you catch on to the trick? Seriously, we are so fucked right now...

Ugh...my head hurts...

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 05:36:18 08/03/20 Mon

This week's 3M selection was certainly one HELL of a good time!!! LOL!

"Guns Akimbo"

Hahaha! You know what? Daniel Radcliffe is SO underrated as an actor! I mean, yeah...I get it...he was 'Harry Potter', and it's hard to not see him as anything else when his name is brought up. But I've seen him in other movies, and he's an excellent talent in every possible way. (Especially in "Jungle", if you haven't seen that one. An earlier 3M selection, and a survival drama. Definitely check it out!) In this movie, he shows that he's great at doing high octane action as well as comedy! And this is a movie that everybody should see at least once. Just for the sheer joy of it! :P

The story is about a computer techy who also doubles as a rather nasty internet troll when he's not working, and he evidently picked the wrong people to mess with when it comes to a highly popular internet reality gameshow, where two people are pitted against one another in a fight to the death! After easily finding out who he is and where he lives, he becomes the newest contestant in their lethal game of cat and mouse. With two loaded pistols, literally, bolted to his hands...and set up to be the target of a well trained female assassin, our main character finds himself bumbling his way through a deadly situation and hoping to find a way out of the whole thing in an attempt to get back together with his ex girlfriend.

Action packed, super funny, and well acted..."Guns Akimbo" should be on everyone's list of stuff to watch this week! I think this movie was on a serious cocaine binge when it was made! Hehehe! Have fun! :)

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 05:28:14 08/03/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Brotherly Love' Kiss

• "Agenda 21" Returns... -- Comicality, 12:48:19 08/02/20 Sun

The newest chapter of this 'man made apocalypse' thriller is now up and ready to go, with the next chapter already in the works! So, I hope you like it! And please let me know what you think when you get a chance!

And if this is your first time reading this series, you can fins all of the previous chapters at https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/agenda21-theculling

Just remember...it HAS happened before...and it could easily happen again...

• Okay....so the results are in... :( -- Comicality, 09:04:26 08/01/20 Sat

So...I don't want to be alarmist or anything, I'm sure that things will be ok as long as everybody is careful and we...I don't know...find a way to work around this. :(

Long story short...my Aunt tested positive for Covid-19, and got her results this morning. Also, her husband (My uncle) tested positive. And her daughter has also tested positive for Covid-19. And her daughter (My cousin) has two young kids, my little cousins, and we now have to find a way to get them tested as well. (I have another aunt that's a nurse, so she's already trying to put things in motion) And my mother and I have been babysitting the kids a lot over the past few weeks, as well as another one of my cousins who has been watching them as well to share the responsibility while school is out...so...we're all trying to see what our options are to get tested as well before it's too late. It's still early in the morning here, but we need to communicate and find a way to struggle through this. :(

This is why I want to personally STRANGLE people who don't give a shit about this pandemic or wear masks and scream, "Hey, ASSHOLE!!! YES!!! This is how quickly this fucking thing can spread! It can devastate entire families in a matter of weeks." I don't want to get sick. I don't want my family to get sick either. But I guess we've got a week or two to find out how bad this is going to be. I'm hoping we'll be some of the lucky ones in all this.

PLEASE...take this pandemic seriously, ok? Please??? I feel like an idiot for having to BEG people to do this, but...my family is in jeopardy now. My MOM is in jeopardy! And it's because of people who just refuse to be safe.

Anyway...no babysitting this coming week for me. We're going to self quarantine, just to be careful. We have to find out what's going on. But if my little cousins got infected...I mean...we can't quarantine them. They're little KIDS. We've got to watch them, we can't just leave them all by themselves. I just...I don't know what we're going to do right now. I hate this.

Every time we think we have a decent plan worked out...things get worse. :(

But, I'm keeping my faith, and I hope things work out for the best. So...I don't know...knock on wood for me, k? And for my mom.

Replies:

• Imagine Question For 8/1 -- Comicality, 21:26:02 07/31/20 Fri

When any of us get criticized, insulted, abused, or gossiped about...it can be difficult to not take it personally. I mean, we're all human. Pieces of that treatment penetrates, whether you want it to or not. Especially when it comes from the people you care about most. Your closest friends, your family, your parents, your boyfriend/girlfriend. And, sure, the pain goes away and it heals and we all move on with our lives. But...

Do you ever wonder whether or not some of that verbal 'punishment' lasts longer than we're aware of?

There was a quote that says that "The soil accepts all seeds, whether they be flowers or they be weeds." Meaning, some of those past pains of mistreatment and heartache may still be affecting you somehow, whether you're aware of it or not. Do you believe that such a thing is true? Might you still be haunted by demons from your past? Do they affect your behavior, or pop up every time you look at yourself in the mirror? Is there a certain nerve that someone could grind you and trigger a truly angry or violent response?

Or...can you deal with all of your past transgressions and be done with them, once and for all? Is it possible to heal, and start all over from scratch, with nothing holding you back?

A bit of challenging question for this time around. Long answers are welcome. Anonymous answers also welcome at Comicality@shackoutback.net if you get any ideas!

Talk to you soon!

Replies:

• Hahahaha!!! -- Comicality, 21:05:25 07/31/20 Fri

PERVERT!!!

Replies:

• "New Kid In School 65" Is Up! :) -- Comicality, 18:23:56 07/31/20 Fri

A brand new chapter of "New Kid In School" is up tonight! So check it out, and let me know what you think when you get a chance! I always love to hear your thoughts! Mwah!

Take care, and have fun!

As always, if this is your first time reading this series, or you just want to go back to older parts of the series for a refresher, you can find all previous chapters at the link below! :)

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/newkidinschool/

Replies:

• This looks pretty fun... -- Mike, 16:53:38 07/31/20 Fri
    It reminds me just a little of Forever Young with Gibson and Wood. But with a Jewish spin on the story.

A Jewish immigrant worker who has moved to the US for a better life, falls into a vat of pickles and is brined for a century.

The brine preserves him perfectly, and when he emerges in present day Brooklyn, he finds that he hasn't aged a day.

Although I have a sneaky suspicion that it's going to hint that there's something wrong with [His great-grandson, played by Seth Rogan] living alone and not having a family.

A message I strongly disagree with. I've chosen the bachelor lifestyle (after having relationships in the past), and I am happy in it.
    True, it's not what everyone wants. Each to their own, as they say. Live as you will. Point being, not everyone wants a husband or wife, and kids. And there's nothing wrong with that either.
    It's just that traditional folks, usually from a conservative/religious background, find the concept of not forging your own family with a spouse and children, somehow "wrong". It's a view I come across often, and it annoys me. I don't "owe" the world a family. :P

Anyway, that issue aside, this looks entertaining. :)

• Hehehe, well, will you look at that... -- Comicality, 15:00:34 07/31/20 Fri

...Stefan and Gavin are hanging out all close and snuggly with each other....again. Ahem...curious.

Pun intended.

Director: "Hey, maybe we should throw a couple of cute girls in this video? For appearances' sake?"

Gavin and Stefan: "Awww...do we HAVE to? Sigh...fine. We'll add them in post." :P

• "Aural Sex" was just posted! :P -- Comicality, 04:08:24 07/29/20 Wed

This is a short story that I wrote for Imagine Magazine, and will be included in Volume Three of the "Daydreams & Lullabyes" ebooks in the next week or so! Enjoy! And please, if you get a chance, let me know what you think down below! K?

Have fun! :P

Replies:

• LMAO!!! Toxic masculinity Vs So Hyang!!! -- Comicality, 18:13:12 07/28/20 Tue

Hahaha! It's no contest! So Hyang is AMAZING! You can watch reactions on Youtube. Do you know how many people she's broken down into tears with her voice? The first few songs I heard by her made *ME* cry! She will break you down, dude!

So let's see...couple of hardcore guys, 'Merican flag, tough as nails...let's see if they can be affected. :P

I wrote an article on So Hyang for Imagine Magazine. So more on her at https://imagine-magazine.org/releases/volume-54/so-hyang-voices-carry/

Replies:

• "Give It To Me Straight" (Chapter Seven) Posted! -- Comicality, 10:17:07 07/27/20 Mon

Welcome back, everybody! Not that I've really gone anywhere, and I'm assuming neither have you! Hehehe! I just wanted to send out some hugs to you all. Thanks for being patient while I've been helping out with family stuff and all that!

The newest chapter of "Give It To Me Straight" is now up and ready for you guys to dive into! I hope you like it! Let me know what you think as soon as you get a chance in the replies down below! K?

And if you've never read this series before, you can find all previous chapters at GayAuthors.org and start fresh!

ALSO...if you want to read the whole series all the way to the end, you can grab the ebook right NOW and not have to wait at all! Cool?

Completed Series Available!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DMW1PXX

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 09:22:08 07/27/20 Mon

Don't let the name of this week's 3M fool you! Hehehe! You'll enjoy this one for sure!

"Warrior Nun"

Loosely based on a comic book series, I believe, Netflix brings us another fun gem to burn through while giggling with delight the whole way!

Somewhere between "Mission:Impossible", "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", and "The Exorcist", this 10-part series comes at you with a little bit of everything. Kick-ass action, great sense of humor, and some drama to give it a bit of depth of meaning. The story revolves a young girl named Ava, who just happened to have died...and her body was in the right place at the wrong time. Suddenly caught in the middle of an ongoing war between the forces of Heaven and Hell, Ava's body is resurrected with the help of incredible divine gift...the Halo. Which immediately makes her a warrior for God.

Now she's been drafted into a small army of Nuns that work for the Vatican, doing all they can to protect mankind from the demonic forces trying to destroy them. And these nuns are BADASS!!! Each one with special skills of their own, and willing to do whatever it takes to keep Hell from rising up from the depths to watch Heaven fall at last.

A very entertaining series! A unique world full with intriguing lore surrounding it, and a reluctant hero that is every bit as exciting as the rest of her highly trained teammates. It's also got some cool parts where science and religion sort of 'intersect'...and as always, those two things do NOT always get along! I don't want to say too much, but check it out when you get a chance! It'll be worth it!

Enjoy!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 09:20:34 07/27/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Tickle Hair Temptation' Kiss

Replies:

• There's been some weirdness going on that I tried to spend this weekend clearing up... -- Comicality, 19:43:07 07/26/20 Sun

I think I got them all. ::Fingers Crossed::

Now, I'm not computer savvy enough to really understand what happened, but a bunch of my ebooks were suddenly showing up as 'incomplete' in terms of publishing. The books were live, but in certain states/countries they weren't showing up as being available. And it had something to do with pricing (I'm guessing?). I don't know, but I went through every single ebook and made sure that they were all published and searchable on Amazon. There were about ten or eleven that went weird on me, but I fixed them all. There should be two or three more popping up tonight or tomorrow, and I'll add those direct links down below in the replies.

So if you've had any problems whatsoever finding one of these ebooks, try these links. If they still don't show up for you, please let me know at Comicality@shackoutback.net and I'll see if I can grab you another link or something.

Alright, gotta run! Be back soon!

On The Outside: Book One
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LLXFBKI

On The Outside: Book Two
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072DST23W

Walker Road
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BFRBKHV

Give It To Me Straight
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DMW1PXX

Gone From Daylight: Rogue Angel
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0746S2CK3

Gone From Daylight: Resurrection
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QO0THFE

Rotting Apples
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CTP5NJW

Daydreams & Lullabyes Vol. 2
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082NQ4D48

Replies:

• They're making this into a TV series??? >:O -- Comicality, 19:07:25 07/25/20 Sat

Jesus! Marvel has gone DARK on us! i remember them from the comics and ummm...yeah, that's pretty demonic and twisted for a TV show. But...ok! I'm game! Hehehe, yeah 'Disney' can't attach their name to this one. Thanks, Hulu! (Still Disney)

They need Dr. Strange or the X-Men or Scarlet Witch for that kind of problem! :O

Replies:

• Waiting Outside The Lines -- Asher, 00:53:08 07/24/20 Fri
    have you stopped writing this story? i really enjoyed it when i was younger and was hoping for some conclusion :(

Replies:

• SOLD!!! XD -- Comicality, 19:59:15 07/23/20 Thu

I did have my doubts, originally. Then the first trailer came out ages ago, and it looked more like a HORROR movie than an X-Men spinoff! So I was in. Then there were major delays, which isn't a good sign. Then Disney bought out Fox. Then we didn't hear about it forever. But these new offerings have officially put this one back on my radar now! Yay!

And Demon Bear looks AMAZING!!! They released the first few minutes of the movie and a new trailer today. I'm so ready! Awwww, my beloved X-Men...I missed you! Avengers was great...but you're still my favorites! Mwah!

• Welcome back, Troye! ((Huggles)) -- Comicality, 04:19:49 07/22/20 Wed

MWAH!!!! I love you, you big, lovable, gay icon, you! XD

It seems like it was an ice age ago since 'little Wolverine', doesn't it? ::Giggles::

Replies:

• Hahahaha!!! Yeah...that'll fix THAT problem up real quick! -- Comicality, 01:46:27 07/22/20 Wed

That's hilarious!

Replies:

• Sorry! Babysitting! -- Comicality, 03:12:13 07/21/20 Tue

But I'm still here and reading! Promise!

My aunt's test results have been delayed a few days, but we're keeping tabs on what's going on. Just to be careful, she's staying under quarantine until she knows for sure. And the youngsters are all on me, my mom, and one of my older cousins whose job had to recently shut down again because...pandemic. ::Shakes head:: What are people not getting about this thing?

Money...or possible DEATH! Economy...or possible DEATH! Going back to work/school...or possible DEATH! How friggin' stupid can people be? It boggles the mind.

Anyway, it's like 3 AM, but I need sleep. Will be back as soon as I can. K?

Kids wear you out, dude! Jesus! LOL!

Replies:

• I'm kinda looking forward to this now! :P -- Comicality, 11:46:32 07/18/20 Sat

At first, I was like...meh. Fox had kind of done all they could with the X-Men and Marvel mutants in general. But the more I see, the better it looks! I wasn't heavy into New Mutants but I still have some those comic books from way back. And Magik, Cannonball, and Sunspot look SO friggin' cool in this trailer! I'm in!

X-Men mutants fighting a demonically possessed BEAR??? How could you go wrong? LOL!

Replies:

• Ok, sooooo....my aunt was 'forced' back to work on Monday... -- Comicality, 19:26:02 07/17/20 Fri

It's now Friday, and...guess what...?

Two of the people she works with were tested positive for the Covid-19 virus. :(

God-fucking-DAMMITT!!!!!!!!!

So now my aunt is under quarantine, and she got tested, but won't find out the results until next week. It takes a week or two to show any symptoms, so we're all keeping our fingers crossed. I just found out about this, like, ten minutes ago, so...

Please, God...let her be ok. Please?

This whole thing is so fucking frustrating to me!!!

My little cousins can't stay with their grandmother while she's under quarantine now, so I'll be babysitting tomorrow and Sunday. Just...everybody I love is in danger, and I can't do anything to stop it. I just feel helpless, you know? :(

Replies:

• HUGE Thanks, you guys!!! :) -- Comicality, 16:16:28 07/17/20 Fri

Imagine Magazine just broke a new record for page visits today! Nearly 1500 views in two days, and it's just the middle of the day right now!

Thanks to all of you for making it a success and giving your support! Love you all! MWAH!!!

• River Acheron Question For Imagine 7/17 -- Comicality, 13:40:07 07/17/20 Fri
    Sex In Stories

This is somewhat more of a broad topic, in that there are many questions that I ask myself. Even in stories about love and romance, are sex scenes needed to flesh out the characters and/or advance the plot? Does sex undermine the story? At which point does the sex scenes turn the story into eroticism/pornography? Do the ages of the characters matter? Should authors be offended if fans and readers skip the sex scenes?

Let me begin by saying I am far from a prude...I have a Pornhub account like many red-blooded Americans, and when I feel like being titillated, I check out "slash" fanfics on various story sites. However, (and this is just me personally), when I read a story for the plot, I usually skip through the sex scenes, or at the very least skim though them very fast. This is less of an issue with movies, because, despite what the MPAA would have you believe, there are actually very few non-"porn" movies with GRAPHIC ~real~ sex scenes in them (Caligula, Nymphomaniac, A Serbian Film, Short Bus, Salo, Crusing, Kids, are really the only ones that come to mind right now..I'm not talking about 3 second simulated fake sex scenes in say, the Friday the 13th movies). This may sound a bit weird, but the more I read a favorite story series, and the more I grow to really like and care about the characters, the less I want to read about them in graphic sex scenes. In the same way, I personally do not write sex within my stories. It's almost as if I do not want to see my characters in that way. It's not their age, because I tend to write a bit older, around 17 to 22-ish. It also has to do with the fact that I'd rather imply than show. (Kind of akin to horror in which what you don't see, is infinitely more scary than all the blood and gore that can be thrown at you.) In my HOMETOWN series, of course I know Donnie and Andrew had tons of kinky, fetish-filled sex in the brief 9 months that they were together. Donnie has a dominating alpha personality and Andrew was punk rock all the way. However, I do not want to write those scenes out. First, because I don't want to see my characters like that, and second I truly believe that the reader can imagine those scenes far better and steamier than I can write them. I guess I am wondering is, where is the line between art and pornography? I love both within their own realms, but I often wonder where one begins and the other ends. You can have a straight up hardcore porn scene with zero plot. You can have a plot/set-up for hardcore porn (The "cable guy" coming to the bored housewife's home), sometimes the plot goes a bit deeper (If any of you are familiar with Twinklight, a gay parody of the Twilight series, and further towards the art category, you have a movie like Caligula, with graphic real sex in it, yet it's a high budget "porn"/"real" movie staring Malcolm McDowell and Peter O'Toole!

For my fellow writers out there: I am curious from both vantage points. Those of you who do not write erotic scenes within your stories, why not? For the same reasons I listed above, or do you have your own reasons for not including them? For those that do include sex peppered throughout your stories....again, why? Does it make your characters romantic interludes more realistic? Does it help advance your plot in some way? Are you trying to steam-up the story and titillate your readers? There's absolutely nothing wrong with any of this, by the way. We all have our writing styles and our reasons for including or omitting sex scenes within our tales. Every single reason is valid! Our stories are very personal to us.

For me, I just do not prefer my genres mixed, I suppose. Kind of like I don't much care for horror/comedy. Also, As stated, when reading or watching a romantic coming-of-age story, I like to leave it to my imagination. Just like I prefer an absence of gore in horror when I want to truly be frightened/horrified. The imagination can do so much more! Think of a movie like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. (The original 1974 one.) To this DAY, fans swear it was the goriest movie they ever saw. The truth is though, there is hardly even any blood in it! Toby Hooper filmed it in such a way that the mind actually puts the graphic scenes in there. The atmosphere, the camera angels, the implication, the EXTREMELY disturbing set, the bat-shit insane characters, the way it's almost shot like a snuff-film documentary. So...when viewers think back to that movie, they thought it was a lot gorier than it really was! I feel the same way about sex in romance stories. That said, when I want to be turned on, I will watch or read porn of course. When I am in the mood for blood and gore, sure, I will turn on a movie like Susperia, Cannibal Holocaust, or Tokyo Gore Police. I love gore (in movies!), but it's not SCARY. I love graphic descriptive sex, but it's not ROMANTIC in and of itself.

To finalize, I guess what I am saying is...when it comes to graphic sex in what I watch or read, it depends on my mood. When I am caught up in a sci-fi plot in a story, I'm usually not in the mood to be turned-in. That's not to say that there have not been times where I read a sex scene or two that was absolutely vital to advance the story in some meaningful way. However, if a sex scene comes out of nowhere and goes on for multiple paragraphs, I do tend to skip those. (MOST of the time. I'm still human after all!)

I would love your thoughts on this

Replies:

• Imagine Question For 7/16 -- Comicality, 19:01:29 07/16/20 Thu

It most definitely exists. It's just as normal as everything else. It's bisexuality. There are plenty of people out there who are attracted to both men and women, and can be romantically involved and very happy with either one. I know, because I happen to be one of those people.

However, when it comes to approaching and maintaining a committed, long-term, relationship...do you ever wonder whether or not the pendulum might swing back the other way? I mean...what if you fall for a guy, and he begins having feelings for a woman instead? Or vice versa. How would you deal with that?

Do you, maybe, agree to an 'open' relationship? Do you worry about having to compete with someone else that is something that you could never be for them? If you, yourself, are bisexual...can you promise to be faithful to your partner on either side of the equation? And does society's views factor into this situation? I mean, let's be honest...it's much easier to be heterosexual in most parts of the world than it is to be gay. What happens if your partner decides to go for the dream life of the white picket fence, the two kids, and a dog...instead of the possible stigma of being 'different'?

I'd really love to hear your thoughts on this one. It's a question that I've thought about in the past, and everybody's take is different. So let us know what you think! Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Anonymous answers are always welcome as well. Either here on the forum, or you can send it to me at Comicality@shackoutback.net when you get a chance!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Replies:

• Hehehehe....ummm....well... -- Comicality, 08:48:20 07/16/20 Thu

...You can't say that it's not the BEST song about cow farts that you've ever heard! LOL! I dare you to name a better one!

The creepy thing, though...is it's made by Burger King. And they're talking about a 'solution'. Ummmm...and we all know what Burger King's 'solution' is when it comes to cows. So yeah...farting, belching, cows, and kids, and country music...made by a franchise that slaughters cows and feeds it to the kids. ::Shrugs:: Ok.

Replies:

• Imagine Magazine #62 Is Up! :) -- Comicality, 21:16:11 07/15/20 Wed

A quick note to let you guys know that a brand new issue of Imagine Magazine went up tonight! New chapters and stories from your favorite new authors are available! More articles! More cute boys! More community questions! It's all waiting for you at Imagine Magazine!

Enjoy! And be sure to hit that 'like' vote button at the bottom of every article and story to show some love to everybody who cae out and worked hard to help us make another successful issue! Thanks to all of you! I love you! MWAH!!!

Seezya soon!

Replies:

• Mmmm...take out! :P -- Comicality, 15:04:24 07/15/20 Wed

My mom and I are getting some awesome take out from a great Mexican restaurant about twenty minutes away from here tonight. And we're gonna watch a movie or two and spend some quality time together. Should be fun. :)

Just relaxing and enjoying life for a bit. Feels good. Plus I've got some apple turnovers in the freezers right now! Oooh, and some vanilla ice cream! I just remembered that!

I'm gonna have that for desert! YES!!! Life is awesome! XD

Replies:

• Mmmmm, beer... -- Comicality, 20:57:31 07/14/20 Tue

I may have to take a short nap. Hehehe! But I'll feel good doing it though! Woo hoo! :P

Today was a good day. I mean, I have a lot of good days, but today was just cool. Hehehe! One of my cousins played "Pancake House" for the first time today in VR! LOL!

I think he's going to have nightmares. I don't blame him. That game can be intense sometimes! Hahaha!

I think he liked Fruit Ninja better! :P

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 18:48:53 07/13/20 Mon

Our 3M this week will leave you with a flurry of 'feel good' vibes for days to come!

"Sing Street"

SUCH an enjoyable movie! And a pleasant surprise on top of it! I really am glad that I didn't let this one pass me by!

The story takes place back in 1985, in a town outside of Dublin, Ireland. Conor is a teen boy who is switching schools due to money troubles at home, where he lives with his older brother and constantly bickering parents! And going to a new school can be rough on any kid in a new place. Isolation, bullies, unfair teachers, no friends...but it's the charms of a girl that makes it all worth while.

Taking a chance, he approaches her for the first time, and ends up convincing her that he needs a model to be in a music video for his new band. There's just one problem...ummm...WHAT band? Hehehe! Well, he'd better make some friends and put one together pretty fast if he wants to make this work. Gathering up some other boys from his school and neighborhood, they begin working towards making the best band that they can...all while wooing the girl of his dreams.

This movie has a little bit of everything. Some drama, some comedy, some coming-of-age warm fuzzies, some heartbreak, some 80's nostalgia, and an amazing soundtrack! And the big brother is awesome in this too! Everybody is! So check it out! It'll make you smile! Enjoy!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 18:32:53 07/13/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Drive By Smooching' Kiss

Replies:

• Hahaha! Me, learning how to cook stuff! :P -- Comicality, 12:49:47 07/11/20 Sat

Hehehe, it's so cute that he's unable to reach stuff! LOL!

Replies:

• LMAO!!! So true... -- Comicality, 09:38:10 07/11/20 Sat

You know, I wish that it was acceptable to be an openly gay kid in the 80's! Because I was madly in love with BOTH of them at the time! Awww...my poor little kiddie preteen heart! Hahaha!

Team Atreyu! No...no wait...Team Bastion! No...no wait! I want BOTH of them! DANGIT!!! I can't decide! :P

Ahhhh, memories!

Replies:

• Going to be adding the finishing touches soon.... -- Comicality, 09:09:59 07/11/20 Sat

Almost done with the newest "Daydreams & Lullabyes" collection! An anthology of short stories, some of them sweet and innocent...hehehe, some of them with a bit more naughtiness involved! But all meant to capture that nostalgic time in our lives, growing into our sexuality and figuring things out for the very first time!

It'll be ready for release in August! So be sure to grab yourselves a copy of Volume Three when it gets released! :)

ALSO...you can pick up Volumes 1 and 2 right now in the Comicality Ebook Section (https://imagine-magazine.org/store/comicality/) if you missed 'em! I think this will bring the total of Daydream short stories to...hmmm...24! Sweet!

Yeah, in case you didn't notice...I tend to write a *LOT* more than you think I do!!! :P Enjoy!

Replies:

• I have soooo much hair!!! :O -- Comicality, 07:36:34 07/09/20 Thu

Hehehe, seriously...I can't take this hair anymore! Ugh!

Luckily, one of my aunts is dating somebody who cuts hair for a living, and I'm going to make an an appointment to get this mop of madness off of my head soon! LOL! I met him for the first time on the 4th when I had the family over to the house, and he seems pretty cool. Plus he's been very safe and careful about reopening during the pandemic, so that's a bonus.

Finally...freedom from my own hair! LOL! God, I can't wait!

Replies:

• ::Snickers:: Oops! -- Comicality, 02:17:33 07/09/20 Thu

Do You Boys Wanna Kiss Each Other?

• Hehehe, I am SO going to hell for laughing my ass off at part 2! -- Comicality, 17:15:12 07/08/20 Wed

Omigod! Forgive me, Lord! But that shit was FUNNY!!! LOL! Who's coming with me?

• Looking at some of my stories and stuff... -- Comicality, 04:33:23 07/08/20 Wed

I made some mistakes that are like...what the?

I'm working to clean them up though. This is why self editing is important. Hehehe! Sometimes, passion and ambition take me over, and I run rampant and type a million letters per minute...but then I go back and have to fix things up. But that can be a part of the fun stuff too.

I try to read stuff as though I was someone else reading it for the first time. Then I try to adjust to make sure that it makes sense. I'm working on it though. It makes me happy to smooth out the edges and have it look more polished though. It's like...'professional'. :P

Anyway, hope you guys are doing well! Imagine Magazine is getting put together as you read this, and then....our Summer celebration can get started again. Mwah!

Love you all!

Replies:

• Hahaha! Now that I think about it... -- Comicality, 16:15:02 07/07/20 Tue

...That is an odd idea for a game.

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 22:22:30 07/06/20 Mon

This week's 3M takes a fun poke at the zombie genre, and brings in an Oscar winner on top of it! Hehehe!

"Little Monsters"

Definitely, hands down, one of the FUNNIEST zombie movies that you will EVER see! LOL! There is too much to even really go into, but it kept me cracking up pretty much the whole way through.

Both Lupita Nyong'o and Josh Gad are friggin' hilarious! And it's so different from anything that you'd ever expect them to be involved with. Basically, a school teacher is taking a class field trip with her group of kids to meet their children's network hero at camp for the weekend. And...what do you know? Zombie outbreak! So now the main character and the teacher have to run from the deadly threat, keep the kids calm by making them think it's all a game, and deal with one of the most heartless and cowardly kid's show heroes ever put on film! LOL!

You'll definitely get some gore, and some vularities too. So a kid's movie, this is not. But if you're looking for some laughs and a good times, definitely give "Little Monsters" a look! Enjoy! :)

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 22:12:30 07/06/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Vertically Challenged' Kiss

• Freckles -- fox prime, 21:44:43 07/06/20 Mon
    Jack Gore had to have freckles.

Just saying...

Replies:

• :-o Comsie, AND Turtleboy, you're slipping! :-p -- bwctwriter (), 06:49:36 07/06/20 Mon
    I beat you to a trailer to a brand new movie featuring Gabriel Bateman! HA! :-p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m29ameanZVQ

Last edited by author: Mon July 06, 2020 06:51:10   Edited 1 time.

Replies:

• Hehehe, I can't tell if this is really creepy or absolutely hilarious! :P -- Comicality, 06:13:09 07/03/20 Fri

Or maybe a little bit of both? :)

Anyway, sorry for being a bit absent lately. MY house guest will be leaving some time on Sunday after the 4th, and then we can get back to business! K?

Replies:

• So this is why you go to bed at sensible times. -- TurtleBoy, 04:21:51 07/01/20 Wed
    Because when you stay up all night, you fall down the YouTube Rabbit Hole and wind up finding things so terribly messed up you start to question those brownies you had earlier.

https://youtu.be/pvuN_WvF1to

Seriously. Just... what? I mean... What? Just watch. Listen to the beautiful lyrics. Wait, what? Yes.

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 06:52:30 06/29/20 Mon

This week's 3M selection keeps you guessing until the very end!

"Defending Jacob"

This mini-series was really intriguing from the first episode until the last. I think there's only ten episodes in total, but it really does make you question your judgement for most of it's run time.

The story involves the murder of a young boy from school, and the evidence seems to be pointing towards the teenage son of the local district attorney. And, I have to say...there were times where I was like, "No way! He's being set up. He didn't do it." And other times where something would be revealed, and I was like, "Oh shit! That doesn't look good at all! Omigod...did he do it?" And every time you're on one side or the other, something else pops up to make you switch sides again. Arrrghhh!!!

A very cool series, and an extremely well acted drama by everyone involved! So check it out, and see these two parents try to protect their son while fighting off the possible doubt of whether he's innocent or guilty. Awesome! Enjoy!

By the way, hehehe...the father is played by Chris Evans. And there are a few times when he says the words "Whatever it takes"...and all I can think of is "Avengers: Endgame"! LOL! Which isn't fair...but I can't help it. ::Giggles::

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 06:38:43 06/29/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Smooch Of My Dreams' Kiss

• I think that might be my favorite from Stefan... -- Comicality, 16:43:15 06/27/20 Sat

I wish it was longer, though. (Hehehe, that's what she said!) Seriously though, I think only HIS voice would be able to pull this off. And I believe his voice has already gone through most of the change, so that's impressive. I like it. It's so light and sweet.

Watch your back, Ruel! Hehehe, Stefan Benz is catching up to you, dude! Hehehe!

Also, I don't know if it's a South African thing or what, but he's known for wearing these really long T-shirts in a lot of his videos. So...new fashion? Really long shirt tails...and a Corona mask! :P

Replies:

• Hehehe, I figured you would like this one, Mike :) -- Comicality, 15:27:36 06/26/20 Fri

I did, finally watch the other video! Hilarious!

I've actually had one of those ramen noodle packets before, with the sauce and all, and I expected it to be really spicy...but holy FUCK! I was DONE after two bites! If you guys have never tasted it, it's like...APOCALYPTIC!!! It actually takes time to recover. I'd never be able to finish a whole packet. And I like hot and spicy foods, but that was waaaaay over the top. My lips were red and burning for over an hour.

Hehehe, Salem did pretty good, though. Better than I ever could. He made it until about 5:45 before he started to crack! LOL! He was a trooper! :P

Replies:

• For the DW fans on here, you might not have seen this... -- Mike, 16:30:59 06/24/20 Wed

Three Doctors in a conversation. I love it whenever they manage to get the Doctors together.

Jodie's looking amazing.

And my geeky side is still crushing on Matt Smith.

I'm not sure what's going on with Tennant's hair, but it's still awesome to see him too. :D

Replies:

• There's nothing like a bit of a competition between father and son -- Mike, 09:02:33 06/24/20 Wed

The pie eating contests are hilarious. This one's a spicy noodle challenge.

I think they're from your neck of the woods, Com. Illinois.

The dad has a travel blog thing he does for YouTube that I follow, after I found his Scottish Highland videos a year or so ago.

He did a vlog really close to where I live, and somehow I found it on YouTube.

Their facial expressions while they're trying to chow down the spicy noodles is hilarious. XD

• Already? :O -- Comicality, 02:24:38 06/24/20 Wed

A new song, AND a new video are coming??? Wow, ok! I'm in! Setting my timer! Hehehe!

MWAH! Awww, so dreamy...

Replies:

• Sometimes...it's hard... -- Comicality, 07:16:40 06/23/20 Tue

:(

You know those moments in Star Wars where you feel Anakin turning to the dark side? It feels like that sometimes.

100 people were shot on Father's Day in Chicago. 100...

If you don't think that's a lot of people...then go get yourself a shovel and personally dig the graves needed to bury those that died from this. Attend the funerals with their family and friends. Some of them as young as 15 years old. It is not just a number on TV or a random statistic. The world is so sick. And there's nothing that I can do about it. And that hurts.

I wish that there was something that I could say...but there isn't. I'm using all the energy I have to keep love in my heart right now. I feel like I'm going to need it...if I ever want to be a part of the effort the world is making to put a stop to this.

Just STOP! Please...just stop! :(

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 05:19:55 06/22/20 Mon

This week...the nature of our very humanity itself gets put on display! And it doesn't look good!

"Circle"

"Circle" is one of those science fiction flicks that just stays with you, long after it's over. And despite a very simple premise...it keeps things very tense and you're locked in from beginning to end. So applause to this movie for surprising me with that.

Basically, the opening credits roll...and then you have people who are all standing in a circle. They don't reember how they got there, have NO idea what's going on, and are completely helpless to get out of the situation! In fact, if you move...you're dead. Period. End of story.

Now, here is what makes this movie so compelling...every ninety seconds (We start with forty people in the room, so it's pretty much in real time!) a machine rises up out of the middle of the floor and MURDERS somebody in the circle! One shot, and you're gone. But, while the others think this is a random act at first, they realize that they all are actually 'voting' on who is the next to die. They do so with a wave of their hand. And since human nature dictates a will to survive at any cost...these decisions become increasingly difficult as the crowd thins out.

Depending on how you vote...you might be directly responsible for the deaths of the people around you. So...you've got 90 seconds to figure out what your next move is going to be. Will it be the old man? The army veteran? The little 12 year old girl? The husband or his wife? The pregnant mother? The handicapped guy with a level head? Who do you choose, when you know that only one of you is getting out of there alive?

Throughout the movie, deep conversations are had, some extremely difficult decisions are tackled, sacrifices are made, alliances are formed...it's a really tense movie if you're into that sort of thing. And by the time it's all over, you're going to find yourself exhausted from everything that happened! Hehehe! I LOVED it!

Check it out! I hope you enjoy it! It's one of those movies that makes you think..."What would I do in this situation?" You know?

Have fun! :)

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 04:09:46 06/22/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Windbreaker/Leather Jacket Clash' Kiss

Replies:

• Imagine Question For 6/20 -- Comicality, 00:07:37 06/21/20 Sun

It can be a scary thing sometimes...trying to share one of the most private parts of yourself with the people closest to you. Especially when you're not exactly sure how they're going to react to the news. While sex is a perfectly normal and natural part of life, it can be difficult to speak openly about it without blushes, giggles, and a touch of discomfort. And for some...even 'shame'. Which is a shame in itself.

But when it comes to being LGBTQ+...sex is directly linked to anything that you can possibly say about it. And when you're young, that takes time, courage, and patience. However...there are many cases when you're not given the chance to come out on your own. Sad, but true. Whispers, rumors, gossip...it happens. And for this discussion I'd like to talk about experiences with gay youth who might have been 'outed' before their time. Have you ever had someone tell your secret without your consent? Or maybe you did it to someone else? Was it a mistake? Was it on purpose? Maybe you approached the wrong person in a romantic way and they ran around telling everybody what happened? Or maybe a parent, friend, or sibling, happened to 'catch you in the act', and hiding it was no longer an option? Did someone find your search history on your computer? Whatever your story is, or maybe the story of someone you know...feel free to share it with us.

And, is it EVER right to 'out' somebody to someone else? I know that sounds like an easy question to answer...but what if they're depressed (maybe even suicidal) and need help dealing with it? Maybe then? Who knows?

Anyway, give us your thoughts on this when you get a chance. I would love to hear from you! And, as always, anonymous replies are welcome here, or you can send them to me at Comicality@shackoutback.net if you like! Cool?

Let's get those brain boxes working! :)

Replies:

• River Acheron Article For Imagine Magazine July -- Comicality, 23:33:51 06/20/20 Sat
    Where Does Inspiration Come From?

People often ask me, "Where do you draw inspiration from?" And I've been thinking a lot about that question. I am always tempted to answer "life", and while that's certainly true to some degree, a more apt response would be, "human nature". Since middle school, I found solace, happiness, and comfort in music, visual art-work, poetry, novels, short stories, documentaries, ancient history: the entire tapestry of humanity, from our triumphs and from our suffering. These outlets allowed me to tap into other people's minds...their very souls if we have such things. Think about it like this; how amazing are we as a species that we could get inside the mind of not only some unknown Sumerian man but an ENTIRE CULTURE'S mindset by reading The Epic of Gilgamesh that was told 4,000 years ago!!? How spellbinding is it that we can suffer along with Van Gogh when looking out the sanitarium's window along with him when viewing Starry Night? How beautiful is it that we can not only hear but also feel the brooding, haunting passion of Chopin when listening to his Nocturnes? Is that not only a form of time travel, but also a kind of telepathy as well? Shakespeare certainly understood this. Hamlet was derived from the 13th-century legend of Amleth. Macbeth was based off an account that was chronicled in Holinshed's Chronicles (1587). To say nothing of his directly historical dramas. In fact, some say that Shakespeare understood the human heart in all it's incredible facets more than anyone!

From these things and countless others, I know that's where I get my inspiration from. I'm not bragging here, but being an intellectual is almost like being an on-the-sight reporter for all of human history. I tap into the world around me, and what I see, hear, and feel moves me and gives me inspiration, motivation, and even confidence. (To say nothing of the knowledge I gain, and the emotions that springs to the surface). I suppose I have always tapped more into the macrocosm of the universe as opposed to the microcosm of the self. That of course does not mean I don't draw inspiration from my life, I do! I tend to look at my life, however, through the lens of humanity at large. When I write characters, I not only put myself into who they are, but I also allow them to speak to ME. This is where meditation before writing has helped me on more than one occasion.

Two points of conclusion:

1. To all new artists (whatever your medium is): PICK UP A BOOK! GO TO GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC AND JUST EXPLORE! TAKE A TRIP TO YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM! TAKE CLASSES THAT PIQUE YOUR INTEREST! GO TO A SYMPHONY! TRAVEL! Get yourself cultured, become worldly, and don't pigeon-hole yourself to one genre lest you wish to view the world through blinders. Hell, spend a night watching movies from the 1920's and 1930's, or listen to Tuvan throat singing from Mongolia. Go beyond your comfort zone and expand your mind. In time, you'll see that you'll create whatever artistic desire you have with ease and self-assurance, because you will have so much inspiration to tap into. And, you also may discover that you love things you never even heard of before as an added bonus :)

2. This is a big thank you to all of those who have created works of visual art, music, poetry, stories, etc. I literally mean that I am thanking EVERYONE from that unknown author who wrote The Epic of Gilgamesh to Stephen King!! From Beethoven to Metallica!! From Van Eyck to Jackson Pollack!! From Fritz Lang to Michael Bay!! From Comicality to that aspiring seventeen year old lurker who is unsure of himself yet desperately wants to try writing a story. (Do it!) And EVERYONE before and after. If it were humanly possible, I would write each of you individually a big thank you note. :) Remember this: the student film you are currently making in college, the words you are now typing out on your keyboard, whatever the medium...what you create NOW can and will have an emotional resonance with someone who will not be born for another thousand years. The moment you create anything...you are a time traveler. You shall all go down in the annals of history and you are appreciated!

May your flames burn forevermore

Replies:

• Welcome back Jesse! :) -- Comicality, 18:32:22 06/20/20 Sat

I'm sure a bunch of you guys are too young to remember the group Dream Street, but my heart never forgot. Hehehe! And it's always good to hear new music from Jesse McCartney...cause he was always my favorite. Yep! I was alllllll about Jesse! Hehehe!

Jesse McCartney is to Dream Street...what Justin Timberlake was to N'Sync...

Has it been that long? Now that I look back, they all look sooooo little! LOL! Geez! D'awwww...adorable!

Also...my heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family of band member, Christopher Trousdale, who unfortunately passed away a few weeks ago due to the Covid-19 pandemic. :( The band, recently, did an online tribute to his memory from their individual homes.

Replies:

• "Give It To Me Straight" (Chapter Six) Is Up! :) -- Comicality, 21:09:45 06/19/20 Fri

I was trying to wait for the ebook release for this story before posting, but it's taking a bit longer than I thought to publish. So here is chapter 6! Enjoy! The story is finished now, and if you want to skip ahead and read the completed story to its end, you can grab the ebook either tonight or early tomorrow morning in the ebook section...

https://imagine-magazine.org/store/comicality/

This will include all 8 chapters! So you can grab them right away! But, of course, you can also read the following chapters in the July and August issues of Imagine Magazine (https://imagine-magazine.org/) and on the site and nifty about a week later! Cool? :)

Enjoy! And be sure to leave a reply or a comment to let me know what you think! ((Hugz))

Love always! Seezya soon! :D

And, if you're brand new to this series, you can go back and start from the beginning at the link below!

Replies:

• Happy Birthday Shack! -- PeteIM, 02:38:51 06/19/20 Fri

Replies:

• "Walker Road" now available as an ebook! -- Comicality, 01:52:55 06/19/20 Fri

I'm releasing all of the completed versions of the "Shelter" prequels as ebooks now, one every month! And that is starting today! So if you're a fan of "Shelter" (The zombie apocalypse love story between two boys, hehehe!), then pick up your cop today! And look for "Rotting Apples" to be released on July 19th! Cool?

Enjoy! You can grab the ebook at the link below, and some time later in the Comicality Ebook Section on Imagine Magazine! :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BFRBKHV

• I'm awake super early this morning! ::Giggles:: -- Comicality, 09:44:57 06/18/20 Thu

But I'm going to use this time to answer emails today! So I hope to talk to you guys within the next few hours! Should be fun! As it always is! Tomorrow is the Shack's anniversary! So I'll be sure to see you then as well!

I'm still around, even when I disappear for a day or two! Cool?

Thanks soooo much for the emails! And I'll be getting back to you soon! Mwah!

Love you lots!

Replies:

• Hehehe, well now THAT'S just not fair! :O -- Comicality, 06:38:57 06/18/20 Thu

Slightly older, taller, Stefan Benz is back once again! I have to hand it to him, he said he was going to make a new song and video every single month this year, and he's been keeping up with it. Pandemic and all! That's a real warrior's heart right there! :)

But...seriously? NOW you're gonna wear a tight white T-shirt, and tight white pants...and then you're gonna get soaking, sopping, WET so they're all super clingy and see-through??? Jesus! What are you DOING to me, dude? LOL!

Sighhhh...

Replies:

• D'awww! I thought this was cute! :) -- Comicality, 13:18:13 06/16/20 Tue

TURN IT AROUND (gay short) from Niels Bourgonje on Vimeo.

Replies:

• Imagine Magazine #61 Is Live!!! -- Comicality, 14:17:24 06/15/20 Mon

The newest issue of Imagine is now up and running, and it's one of the BIGGEST issues that we've ever had! So big thanks to everybody who contributed something to make this a massive success! Love you lots!

New chapters from your favorite authors are all present! MrM, Sean E, Julian Taylor, Lindon Weztser, The Story Lover, JeffsFort, Juju, Talo Segura, AC Fan, and Myke D! Tycho Cleuch is our featured author this month, bringing our very first 'Star Wars' themed story to the magazine! So check that out, as well as our one on one interview to follow it. Also, the final chapter of MrM's "Souvenir" story! And a few additions from me, including a sincere thank you to all of you guys for giving me sooooo much ove and support over the years, and a sneak peak of the ebooks that I've been diligently working on over the past few months! There are big surprises coming your way! So stick around! And expect more goodies to come your way soon!

This Friday, June 19th, is the 22nd anniversary of the Shack! I plan to make it a fun time for you guys, just as it's gonna be a fun time for me. :)

Take care! Enjoy the new issue! And I'll seezya soon!

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 13:57:22 06/15/20 Mon

This week's 3M selection is an action movie that it just *SO* much fun that it's ridiculous! LOL!

"6 Underground"

You know, I have had my issues with the "Transformer" movies past the first one. Michael Bay can be...a bit much sometimes. LOL! BUT..."The Rock" is still one of my favorite movies of all time! And every now and then, Michael Bay shows a touch of action movie genius that can't be denied! And I think "6 Underground" is one of those times!

With Ryan Reynolds in the lead, with his damn near PERFECT comedic 'Deadpool' flavored timing...this movie is entertaining from beginning to end. I dare any one of you to watch the high impact action scene in the first fifteen minutes of this movie and not be completely locked in to see what happens next! Trust me...you'll get your adrenaline pumping and keep watching. That, I can pretty much guarantee! XD

The story is simple. These are agents who are supposed to be dead, but are working to take down the worst of the worst abroad. There you go. Do I need to say more? no! Watch the movie, dammit! ::Giggles::

But it really is a lot of fun! LOTS of action! Funny as hell! And with a few dramatic moments thrown in for good measure. I would actually say that this is the best movie that Michael Bay has made since "The Rock" with Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage. A fun time, from beginning to end!

I hope you enjoy it too! Seriously...watch the first fifteen minutes! Hehehe, you'll be invested right away! Promise! :P

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 13:41:57 06/15/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Corona Cautious' Kiss

Replies:

• Good News From SCOTUS! -- Binneyan, 12:27:08 06/15/20 Mon
    Today the US Supreme Court decreed that the Civil Rights Act of 1965 INCLUDES LGBTQ+! This means that the states that have laws on the books allowing this practice will have to go back to the drawing board to figure out a new way to mess with us.

Neil Gorsuch, Trump's first Supreme Court pick, and John Roberts, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, sided with the four liberal justices for a 6 - 3 decision.

Read more here:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/15/us/gay-transgender-workers-supreme-court.html

Replies:

• 22 Years...wow... -- Comicality, 02:22:25 06/15/20 Mon

It has been a long LONG journey, you guys! For all of us! Good times, bad times, in between times...but I don't regret a single moment of it. I put in the hard work and the long hours because you reward me with your friendship and your love. Many of you have literally 'grown up' being a part of this site since you were kids! Hehehe, and congrats! You turned out to be great human beings! Mwah! Thank you sooooo much for sticking with me and for giving me the strength and support that it took to get this far.

I know that I get busy, and sometimes I just get lazy, hehehe! But please don't ever mistake that for me getting complacent, or not appreciating everything that you guys have done for me over the years. I don't ever want to take you for granted. So, this is me, speaking up and telling you right here and now that I love you, and I'm grateful, and you will always be my family! Always!

Thank you for 22 YEARS of us accomplishing the impossible! And just wait until you see what comes next!

(New Chapters Coming, Starting June 19th! Stay Tuned!)

Replies:

• Everything is awesome! LOL! :P -- Comicality, 11:22:46 06/14/20 Sun

I know that I usually hate sleep...but DAMN, little kids get up early as hell in the morning! How do you wake up and just decide you want to start 'playing'? It takes me a good 45 minutes before I can even focus properly! Hehehe!

Anyway, me and the family had a BLAST last night! Music and food and laughing and just...love. You know? There's nothing greater than unconditional love. There really isn't.

Almost everybody slept over, so there are pillows and blankets all over the place, but my mom is making a shit load of pancakes and hashbrowns right now for everybody, and two of my cousins are playing Fruit Ninja and trying not to punch each other in the face! LOL! They CANNOT stand still! Jesus! I'll leave the room to avoid injury. Just...don't punch my TV screen! Please? Ugh!

Anyway, I needed the break from my usual Comsie work yesterday. It felt good! Imagine Magazine is launching on Monday! And then I've got a string of goodies coming for the Shack's 22nd birthday on June 19th! That's this coming Friday, and I'm preparing for it to be something special! So be sure to drop by, as I've got a surprising rollout waiting for you all!

Love you lots! Thanks for being so supportive! And I'll seezya soon! Mwah!

Replies:

• Hahaha, ok then... :P -- Comicality, 17:19:12 06/11/20 Thu

So...apparently, some of my younger cousins are having some 'restless' issues with staying at home these days. And, I get it. Kids aren't really built to understand a global pandemic. But my aunt, like...broke my heart today! LOL! She said that they were almost crying because they wanted to come visit! (A 10 year old boy and a 6 year old girl) And I'm like, "PLEASE! Bring them by! I'd love to see them!" Because I'm a big ol' manchild who craves having other kids to play with! LOL! But my aunt is telling me that they want to stay, and play, and maybe spend the night or the whole weekend over here. But that's AWESOME for me! We've got an extra room for them to sleep in, and it'll be a blast!

My cousins are all 15 and younger, and most of them had never played VR games before coming over here. So my house is like a crazy theme park to them. :P

So, I'm like, "Bring me my cousins, dammit!!!" Don't make them cry! :( And the word quickly got out that they were coming over this weekend...and ummm...the rest of my family decided they wanted to come over too. And more teen and tween cousins got all excited. And talk of a family function got tossed around...

Long story short...I now have SEVENTEEN kids coming over on Saturday, with their parents and some of their friends, and NOW we need extra food and snacks and stuff for the barbecue grill, and soda, and...WTF??? Some of them are driving two and a half hours to come by this weekend. Like...I didn't mean for this to be a giant PARTY! I was just trying to help two of my little cousins beat the boredom for a while. Now I've gotta clean up the whole house and get the place ready for a party. Dammit! LMAO!!!

Ah well...I might be a bit absent this weekend, but I'll be having fun. Believe me! I think the family was just itching for a reason to get together, that's all. My mom's baking a cake! LOL! Anyway, I'll be sure to drop you guys a line or two to say hello when I can! Promise! :)

Replies:

• Awwwwwwwwwwwww....God Bless 'em! :P -- Comicality, 06:45:44 06/11/20 Thu

They're trying their best! ::Giggles::

I'm sure that, one day, you'll be scary and terrifying. But for now? Awwwwwww!!! LOL!

::Melts::

• ::Snickers:: -- Comicality, 15:11:19 06/09/20 Tue

What a total BITCH! :P

Replies:

• Okay...Yeah. I'm down for this. :D -- Mike, 11:06:15 06/09/20 Tue

Replies:

• I'm just gonna leave this here. -- TurtleBoy, 00:02:12 06/09/20 Tue
    This is made by a crazy scary program but in a good way. I mean... Who hasn't wanted to see what Tom Holland looked like in a dress?

https://youtu.be/R43dwcplFO4

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 12:57:34 06/08/20 Mon

One letter brings this week's 3M selection to a very dark place! >:)

"Z"

I kinda liked this movie for it's slight twists and turns and its overall creepy vibe. Definitely worth a look if you're one of those thriller/horror fans who have seen it all!

It involves a young boy who has suddenly become obsessed with his new imaginary friend, 'Z'...but the real question is...just how imaginary is he? And there we have the premise for our creepy ass movie! Hehehe!

I can't say much without giving anything away, but it's a good time if you're up for it. So enjoy! And let me know what you think when you...

Aww, who am I kidding. You guys are too friggin scared to talk to the rest of us anymore. Just, watch it in private and enjoy your antisocial haven for a bit longer. LOL!

Love you lots! Seezya later...

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 12:19:12 06/08/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Jack Of Hearts' Kiss

Replies:

• Dating Amber -- Mike, 13:15:28 06/07/20 Sun

1990’s Ireland. A boy and a girl hide their gayness by pretending to date each other... but how long can the lie last?

Lovely film. Delightful. Wonderful! Funny, honest, clever with just the right underscore of darkness.

• Ok, this technology is just getting downright CREEPY now! LOL! XD -- Comicality, 09:52:01 06/07/20 Sun

Awwww, but still....doesn't Tom Holland look pretty? ::Snickers::

Replies:

• A lil essay from River Archeron: Are fictional characters real? -- Comicality, 02:17:43 06/07/20 Sun

(This is a bit of a science/science fiction type of question from River Archeron in the 'Comicality Library'! Anybody here want to give your thoughts? I'd love to add it to this month's issue of Imagine Magazine! It makes for a thoughtful discussion! Let us know what you think down in the replies below! And you can find my answers in this Library link, https://www.voy.com/17262/26637.html , if you want to see my two cents! :P It's fun to give the old brain a work out from time to time! Jump right in! And THANKS, River! I like this!)

Okay, on the surface, this seems like a ridiculous question, and any self-respecting materialist would scoff at the very notion! However....the answer really is not so clear cut as it may seem, from a psychological point of view, a philosophical point of view, and even a quantum physical point of view.

First of all...lets talk about a relatively new psychological idea known as the psychosphere. Apart from being a badass name for a Black Metal band, the psychosphere is the essence of all sentience, of mental intelligence. Basically a "world" of thought outside our physical universe. Okay, fine so far...but is it REAL? I would answer, "What does "real" even mean?" To quote The Matrix, "how do you define "real?"" It's an interesting notion. Our thoughts, our ideas, our stories are created by us, right? So in this sense, they exist. Sure, there is no physicality, not REALLY, but then again OUR reality is not physical either at the fundamental level. Physicality is an illusion. What we perceive as solid - as matter - is really just energy at it's core. Everything is. You don't slam into a brick wall because it's "solid", you do so because of the repulsiveness of the electromagnetic force. Then....are we SO different from our thoughts? Do our thoughts and stories exist "somewhere"? Are these fictional characters and the stories we create for them acted out "somewhere?" (It also makes one ponder if WE are a "fiction" to someone or something else.) Some believe it takes a form known to New Agers an the Astral Plane, but the more skeptical think the psychosphere is a bit more ephemeral than that. Too abstract to even ponder, yet must be given credence.

But.....could fictional characters ACTUALLY exist in our physical reality? Ah, that's where the notion of the Multiverse comes into play. There are many different kinds of parallel universes theorized by modern theoretical physics, but I will focus on two. (The other two popular ones, a String Theory Multiverse, and the bubble universes of Inflation Theory are so fucking interesting, but I can't begin to describe them here without insane math.) lol. But the other two I can sum up. The first comes if you accept that space is infinite. (Which is still debated). If the universe IS infinite, (INFINITY is the key here and I cannot stress that enough!!), and since particles can only be configured in a LIMITED number of ways, then *every...single....possible* configuration must be repeated an infinite number of times. (Travel far enough and you'll find a planet that is also called Earth and it's identical to ours. And another one where the South won the civil war. Another where the characters and episodes of 'Friends' and 'Cheers' ACTUALLY happened.) Get it? With infinity, not only is every conceivable possibility likely, it's a must! Basically, if the multiverse is real (and many many physicists believe it is...some even say it must be), then the multiverse contains infinite realities. As a consequence of that, there must be infinite realities where characters who exist as fiction, exist as actual entities in others. The same is true of the opposite. There must be alternate realities in which WE are the fictional characters. There would also exist realities EXACTLY like ours, there's another "you", except that cup of soda you put down is just a millimeter to the left.
    Another form of the multiverse is the Many Worlds Interpretation. AKA the Quantum Multiverse Theory. The consequences would be the same as above, but they arise different. It's a BIT complicated and has to do with something called the wavefunction, which is just a mathematical description of the quantum state of an isolated quantum system. Basically for every choice that's made, the universe literally branches and splits. Flip a coin....the universe splits. Heads in one, tails in the other. Pretty much same as the other multiverse theory, but instead of distances in space, this has to do with a universe constantly splitting due to quantum decoherence. And the evidence is piling up with this theory. Quantum decoherence we KNOW happens. It's a issue with quantum computers actually. And in fact some say that since quantum computers ACTUALLY work, the Many Worlds Interpretation must be true.

So...are fictional characters real? Have your favorite books, online stories, movies, tv, and even fanfiction have played out somewhere, sometime, in some reality? It's POSSIBLE.

• "New Kid In School 64" is available! :) -- Comicality, 09:55:34 06/06/20 Sat

A brand new chapter of the "New Kid In School" series is now available! I hope you guys like it, and let me know what you think when you get a chance! K?

And, just in case you missed it, there was a brand new chapter of "New Kid's" companion spinoff series, "Kiss Of An Angle" (About Ariel and Tyler), about 48 hours ago! So be sure to check that out as well! :P

As always, if you've never read "New Kid In School" before, or just need a refresher from any previous chapters, the link is down below! Enjoy!

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/newkidinschool/

Replies:

• One of the nicest versions of the theme I've heard before. -- Mike, 08:09:34 06/05/20 Fri

I think I've played it about half a dozen times since I found it earlier today.

Replies:

• A Bonus Story For You Guys At GayAuthors.... -- Comicality, 15:32:33 06/04/20 Thu

I didn't know that this was going to be posted today, but...presto! There it is! Hehehe!

I wrote a short story a while back for the GayAuthors Spring Anthology, and it is now available for you guys to read! It's called "Shared Blankets"! I hope you like it! And be sure to leave a comment to make me look cool in front of my peers over there! ::Giggles::

Have fun! And there's more to come, soon!

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/shared-blankets/

Replies:

• "Kiss Of An Angel 26" Is Up! -- Comicality, 14:13:29 06/04/20 Thu

The newest chapter of "Kiss Of Angel" is ready for you guys! And "New Kid In School" is next! Since they crossover with one another and all. Hehehe! So keep an eye out for more! And I'll seezya soon!

Let me know what you think when you get a chance! And if you haven't read any of this "New Kid In School" spinoff series before, you can start from the beginning at the link below.

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/kissofanangel/

Enjoy! :)
    The Shack's 22 anniversary is on June 19th!!! Expect some online goodies! Hehehe! Seezya then!

Replies:

• Nice! I'm in! XD -- Comicality, 08:25:09 06/04/20 Thu

You take Wonder Woman, mix her with Wolverine, and a whole squad of soldiers right out of Assassin's Creed...and put them in one movie? Yep! I'll be there!

Replies:

• The definition of an 'accomplice', according to the law... -- Comicality, 21:44:18 06/03/20 Wed

ac·com·plice

A person who knowingly, voluntarily, or intentionally gives assistance to another in (or in some cases fails to prevent another from) the commission of a crime. An accomplice is criminally liable to the same extent as the principal. An accomplice, unlike an accessory, is typically present when the crime is committed.

By the way...holding a Bible or crucifix upside down is considered Satanic. So...yeah. Don't do that on camera. Just saying. I'm not even super religious, and I know that.

Replies:

• I sent out the first round of emails about an hour or two ago... -- Comicality, 05:43:03 06/03/20 Wed

I didn't keep track of the number, but it was a bunch. Hehehe, and I'll do my best to send out more tonight! Cool? I'll get back to you all as soon as I possibly can. Promise!

Thank you sooooo much for the emails and the AMAZING feedback on the stories! God, I love you so much! Hehehe! Your supportive comments are what make all of this worthwhile!

The site's anniversary is coming up on June 19th, and I'll be sure to have goodies waiting for ya! Trust me! So keep an eye out for Comsie prezzies in the near future, on TOP of the regular posting of new chapters and stuff!

Keep those comments and emails coming! I'm loving every word! And I've recently been hearing from parts of the world that I've never heard from before! Which is blowing my mind! So thanks to you guys, especially! And don't worry...your English is fine! :P

Alright, I need some sleep. It's almost 6 AM here. But when I wake up, it's right back to work for the die hard fans who have been asking for more. Always remember...I love you too!

Take care, Shackers!

Replies:

• Awww, he's sooooo sweet! -- Comicality, 22:22:24 06/02/20 Tue

Max's whole personality is just bubbly and cheerful and it just makes him extra awesome! Sighhhh...

Hey! I remember 'Liquid Soul'! :O

Awww, now I'm homesick again. ((Snuggles Max))

Replies:

• "Savage Moon: The New Breed 35" is up! -- Comicality, 18:12:01 06/01/20 Mon

A brand new chapter of the sixth book in the "Savage Moon" werewolf saga is now available! So check it out! And let me know what you think when you have a chance. It would be awesome to hear from you!

And, of course, if you're brand new to the series, you can start from the beginning by finding "Savage Moon" on my story list down below! Enjoy!

https://comicality.gayauthors.org/stories.html

• Imagine Question For 6/1 -- Comicality, 02:51:11 06/01/20 Mon

We all have them growing up, right? I mean, they start at a pretty young age, whether other people think they're rational, reasonable, or even possible. We're talking about DREAMS this time around! :)

When you were younger (Or, if you're one of our teen Shackers now)...what kind of dreams did you have, going forward in your life? Don't be shy! Hehehe! Share them with us! Maybe you wanted to sing. Maybe you wanted to wanted to be a famous artist. Maybe you were into science, or wanted to explore the mysteries of space, or wanted to make movies! Maybe you love cars, or video games, or photography. Or maybe you just wanted a significant other and white picket fence, with a dog named 'cuddles' and a pool table in the basement! We all have big dreams at one time or another in our lives. The question is...how close did you come to reaching those dreams?

Did you go for it and succeed? Go for it and maybe it wasn't what you thought it would be? Did you let someone else discourage you from giving it a try at all? Maybe you changed your mind and are much happier doing what you're doing today. Or...maybe there's this little splinter in the back of your mind that's still asking you...'What if?'

For this issue, we're talking about 'dreams', and what we did (or didn't do) to chase them down. Give us your thoughts when you get a chance! And I'll seezya soon!

NEW questions to be asked on the 1st and 15th of every month! Jump right in and give us your thoughts for future issues! Answer in the replies here, or email them to me at Comicality@shackoutback.net if you like! Anonymous comments are always welcome! Just let me know ahead of time! Cool?

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 01:00:17 06/01/20 Mon

This week's 3M gives us an awesome 'time warp' crime thriller that should NOT go unnoticed!

"Don't Let Go"

This is another one of those really cool movies that could be considered 'underground', but only because a lot of people don't know about it. Awesome premise, awesome acting, awesome suspense and mystery, amazing directing and production value...this should have been in theaters! Seriously!

The story involves a homicide detective who is very close to his teenage niece, Ashley, while his former drug dealing brother is working hard to get his life back together and rebuild his family life. However, one night, when Ashley calls him up on his cell phone with a dire emergency, screaming and crying...he rushes over to the house to find out what's going on.

And his brother, his sister-in-law, and even his niece Ashley...have all been brutally murdered.

However, there's something fishy about the story he's given to explain what happened to them. And this is where the 'Twilight Zone' type of twist comes in! Two weeks after the grisly homicide...he gets a call on his phone again from his niece...who is living two weeks in the PAST!

So, the whole movie is a race against time where the conversations between the detective and his niece are trying to coordinate and figure out the clues to the big mystery, and possibly prevent this tragedy from happening at all. VERY cool movie!

Check it out when you get a chance! And let us all know what you think when you get the chance! It's definitely worth watching and sharing with your friends that like a good mystery thriller every now and then! Enjoy!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 00:38:57 06/01/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Paint A Pretty Picture' Kiss

• Say, Mike... -- Comicality, 14:58:58 05/31/20 Sun

...I know that just last week we were talking about Disney+ not releasing any of their shows yet, but apparently, it looks like they just changed course on that! :O

So, I guess we will be getting original shows from them within the next couple of weeks. And just like I expected, anything that could ruffle feathers with the 'Disney' crowd, they'll just put it on Hulu (Which comes free with Disney+ anyway). So...sweet!

I am really interested to see this "Love, Victor" show! Which is a direct spinoff of "Love, Simon", and Simon is actually a part of the series too, so the stories are definitely related. Plus "Artemis Fowl" is coming out soon too!

And away we go! :)

Replies:

Archives: 12345678910 ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.