VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

This board is moderated

Comicality's Shack

"Wet Dream Of The Week"
Devin Fox - Pretty much blacklisted before his first music video hit YouTube (He was next up on the same label as Rebecca Black and that 'Friday' song! ::Shivers::), Devin has grown up to be quite a cutie! Now with the small boyband, 'After Romeo', he continues to follow the things that he's passionate about. Um...I doubt you'll be seeing them winning any Grammys or anything, but at least they do a lot of good everywhere they go. From anti-bullying campaigns for school students to animal rights, it's good to see someone looking to make a difference.

THIS Week's WDotw Pics And Videos!!!

LAST Week's WDotW Pics And Videos!!!

"The Shack Out Back" Now Accepting Voluntary Donations!!!

ComicalityShack YouTube

Comicality Kindle eBooks

Comicality Twitter

You Can ALSO Visit The:

"The Vampire Warehouse" Forum
"The Comicality Cafe" Forum
"The Library" Forum
ShackNation

JOIN THE "MAILING LIST" TODAY!!!
(For Instant Story And Site Updates!!!)

= TEEN POP NOSTRADAMUS 2014 =
FIRST QUARTER UPDATE!!!

The 'Comicality Shack Out Back' Website

• Here's the original of the movie below without having to log into Facebook. -- Johnny, 13:48:14 08/29/14 Fri
    I didn't notice it on the Youtube page.

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

• Wow this is heartbreaking -- Johnny, 13:35:44 08/29/14 Fri
    I haven't watched this actual version yet but I have seen the 10 minute version which led to this. Rob and me were just checking out a friends Facebook and he'd posted the 10 minute version, we were both in tears watching it. :( We're def gonna watch this version when we get back tonight.

Here's a link to the original, I guess you'll have to log into Facebook to watch it. If it doesn't bring tears there must be something wrong with you. I would watch this version first.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=560756123965319&set=vb.100000928096156&type=2&theater

• This is the opposite to the 'Kids React' series, -- Mike84, 12:21:29 08/29/14 Fri
    'The Elders React'. They react to various things, Google Glass, videos, shows, etc.

This time it's The Rift. Their reactions are priceless.

Kudos to the appearance of Chucky, btw, near the end there. That would have creeped me out too.

I love the fact that one of the guys on this hasn't even remotely lost his 'inner-child' like personality. (if that's the right word). He seems to be a right laugh to be around.

• Good grief, I can't believe that people still act and think this way. -- Mike84, 04:08:29 08/28/14 Thu
    Atrocious parenting.

Poor kid. :(

Replies:

• Happy B-Day, Ted.... :) -- Comicality, 22:45:42 08/27/14 Wed

That reminds me...I've gotta get the car washed....

Replies:

• Really impressive stuff -- Mike84, 17:29:17 08/27/14 Wed

She can listen, read and respond in real time to whoever she's interacting with. And looks pretty life-like too.

Replies:

• More riddles for you to fiddle with :) -- Wolfie, 07:34:20 08/27/14 Wed
    Once again, I give you these riddles three. Can you guess the answers?

1 - Whatís long and hard and has cum in it?
    2 - I'm spread before eaten. Your tongue gets me off. People sometimes like to lick my nuts. What am I?
    3 - What gets longer when pulled, fits between breasts, slides neatly into a hole, has choked people when used improperly, and works best when jerked?

So, what say you?

Replies:

• It's that time again! (o: -- PeteIM, 00:00:04 08/27/14 Wed

Replies:

• Amityville: The Awakening -- Mike84, 17:42:17 08/26/14 Tue

This one actually looks much better than the remake they did a while back. I wasn't impressed with that one.

Looking forward to giving this one a watch though.

Replies:

• For Eminem313...and for Pete too! :) -- Comicality, 16:38:34 08/26/14 Tue

I got your email, Em...

And agreed...Eminem is still one of the most amazing rappers to ever come along. But despite the lyics in the new song, I seriously doubt that he's giving it up. Like...I think it's just in his blood. Like Michael Jackson or Stephen King or (RIP) Robin Williams. It's a part of him. We'll have new Eminem tracks for years to come! ((Hugz))

But, if the unthinkable happens, and he takes an extended break from music...check out Watsky! He's not Em (Nobody will ever be Em!) but he's really cool! Pete likes him! ::Nods::

He'll be here in a few weeks. I kinda want to meet Watsky! I need to talk to my bosses and work that out. He impresses me. He's clever, fun, funny, a really good rapper, cute, and the syllables? Amazing!

Check him out! You might like him! Any Eminem fan would! ::Giggles::

Just a humorous taste....

Listen to the second verse! @2:30....only Eminem could do it better! Hehehe! Amazing!

Replies:

• Tuesday flick. -- Johnny, 12:29:13 08/26/14 Tue
    Posting that Willie Nelson track on Pete's post made me think about watching Brokeback again. I was a bit too young to fully appreciate it when I first saw it. I was at the 'waiting for the sex scenes' age. Gotta say I was disappointed with them. #thatwasaquickie. :)

• Oh for crying out loud! -- Cirrus, 01:26:25 08/26/14 Tue
    Turtle! We've got to wait till fricking DECEMBER to find out what Jude and Connor got up to in the tent!

Damn you cliffhangers! Damn you to hell!

Replies:

• It's TUESDAY! and right on the heals of 'songs that make me weep' theme, we have the 'Loss' theme. -- PeteIM, 23:28:24 08/25/14 Mon
    Loss is one of the most common themes in music, and over the next ten weeks we'll be covering the top ten themes. Look through your playlists and find some songs that demonstrate loss. Post at least one song, but no more than four.

One more thing... having to post songs four or five times a week is more like work than pleasure, so let's only post our themes for one day. School has started (or soon will be starting), so your time would be better spent on your studies.

As always, post your choice as a reply to this message to keep the site from slowing down too much.

Replies:

• Well...that's a mash up that I didn't see coming! :O -- Comicality, 13:13:48 08/25/14 Mon

I like it though! :)

I wanna take Nicki Minaj's booty...and put it on Brent Rivera. Just so I can...you know...watch him all day. Naked. :P How dreamy would that be?

Replies:

• While I am talking about 'Indie flicks'.... -- Comicality, 13:07:37 08/25/14 Mon

Another one that I found intriguing, but...fell into 'indie flick' habits, was "The Cold Lands". I gave it a shot, and I didn't dislike it, but it wasn't at all what I thought it would be. From the trailer, I was sort of expecting a road trip/adventure type movie, but the truth is...it takes a little over an HOUR to get to that part. (In a 90 minute movie) So once things pick up, the movie is almost mover already.

But...if you're into that kind of thing, give it a look. Just...ugh! Indie directors...STOP filming long periods of 'nothing'. Please. The story is interesting. So every scene (or at least 90% of them) should have plot, dialogue, character building, plot advancement...something. Some visuals are beautiful and all, but...I don't know. Just bugs me.

Besides, Silas looks a lot like how I imagine Nick from "The Boys Of Widow Lake"! I may just use some of this stuff for the next trailer. ::Nods:: :P

Replies:

• WDotW For 8/25 -- Comicality, 12:05:20 08/25/14 Mon

Hehehe, why am I staring at him like that? I don't know...something about him is just really 'pretty' to me. :)

((Huggles))

Replies:

• ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~ -- Comicality, 12:02:41 08/25/14 Mon

This week's 3M uses a gentle poison as the cure for loneliness...

"A Little Closer"

This was a 'quiet' movie, but I have to say that I was intrigued by it. It's technically one story with one major theme, but it's almost presented as three separate stories...joined only by the fact that all three main characters are blood related. Which...now that I think about it...may also fit into the overall message of the movie.

Now, I will tell you ahead of time, that this is an 'indie flick'. So...you know, it kinda falls into those typical indie flick habits from time to time. (Meaning...seemingly mundane things happening in silence, no dialogue, no real connection to the plot, etc. I don't know why indie directors do that so much. Get back to the story already)

Anyway, the story is basically about a single mother and her two sons (one 15, and the other 11). They live together, sure...but you get the feeling that they're not really 'connected' to one another. They know they're supposed to be, for family's sake...but they're really not. And this movie follows them as they find themselves looking to cure that loneliness and disconnection by looking for it elsewhere. The mother is obviously trying to find some kind of love in her life and return to being happy with someone by her side. The older son is finding out what it's like to experience love and sex with his very first girlfriend. And the youngest, who begins burning off energy by getting into trouble with his new friends, develops a strong sexual attraction to his grade school teacher. As all parties involved go out to pursue what they want in life, trying to fill that void, they all quickly find out that closeness and sexual intimacy is not the same as being in 'love'. Not the same as achieving the 'connection' that they're missing as a family or with their friends and loved ones. (You really can be in a room full of people and still feel alone) So all three kind of have to learn that the hard way.

Check this movie out if you're in a mellow state of mind. Everybody is searching for that somebody special. But everybody isn't as special as they want them to be. It just isn't that easy. Enjoy! :)

::'Indie Flick' takes out the trash...for three whole minutes, for some odd reason::

I don't get it. I LIKE artsy flicks, but I feel like they make weird choices sometimes...

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!!! -- Comicality, 11:33:28 08/25/14 Mon

This Week:

The 'Tender Tummy Tickler' Kiss!

• Sunday Chill Time -- Johnny, 01:57:13 08/24/14 Sun
    Jungle have made a big impact on critics and the public with this album which came out last month. I like it, I call the style mellow funk. :)

Replies:

• :O Whoah! -- Comicality, 18:57:16 08/23/14 Sat

Jesus...

Sexy boy, Dakota Goyo, can fight! :P He's got 'Real Steel' robot practice, dude. Leave him alone. :P

I could take him though. Any time. Hehehe! And if he loses...gay sex! That's the deal! ::Nods::

And Dakota!!! LANGUAGE!!! ::Spanks Dakota:: STOP THAT!!! >:(

Did this other kid, who's clearly bigger than him...SEE this scene in the movie? He could have just walked away. If ANYBODY approaches you with THIS kind of intro...you're just begging for a kiddie ass whipping! Just saying...

Sorry, just in a goofy mood tonight. LOL! Plus I have to go to work in a few hours, and inventory on Monday...so yeah...goofy Comsie is on patrol. :P

By the way..."Real Steel" is a REALY good movie! I didn't think it would be. I watched it just because. And...well..Dakota. :) But it's seriously a great movie. I was impressed!

Replies:

• LMAO!!!! Omigod! This kangaroo TOTALLY just 'Jack Bauer'd' that other kangaroo!!! -- Comicality, 15:08:07 08/23/14 Sat

Do kangaroos really do this? That's AWESOME!!! I'm moving to Australia immediately! LOL!

That is a classic Jack Bauer chokehold!

This hopper's been watching too much "24"! Hahaha!

My friend Mike and I always crack up when Jack does this! "Don't fight it??? You're CHOKING me out of my consciousness, you asshole!" LOL! I love you, Jack! He's the man!

They always make that same 'Jack Bauer'd' sound! "Awwwwlllk! Ulllgh!!!" Hehehe! Sometimes, if they're a friend, they get out a brief, "WAIT, JACK!!! AWWWWLLK! ULLLLG!!!"

Replies:

• == JUKEBOX JIMMY == -- Comicality, 21:41:02 08/22/14 Fri

THIS WEEK:

"From Jimmy To Jimmy"!!! For all of you "Billy Chase" fans out there, you know that poor Jimmy LaPlane is having a bit of a breakdown at the moment! Cloud 9 is a loooooong way up! God forbid, if it drops you on your head! So this week, Jimmy wants you guys to give us your heartbreak songs! The lyrics, the voice, the music...maybe it holds a certain place in your heart from when you were going through something yourself. Whether it's a negative, "Oh God, I'm never going to love anyone ever again" song...or a more positive, "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair!" song...give us at least TWO this week! No more than...hmmm...FIVE! You guys get a bonus pick this week! (Who knows? Sometimes you need an Eminem, "Slit her throat and bury her at the bottom of the lake" song! :O) Jimmy's going through a tough time right now! He needs some love thrown his way! Happy Hunting! :)

(Please put all music video selections in the 'reply' section below and not on the main board! It helps to prevent slow down)

Replies:

• Mike, have you continued watching Extant? -- Vincent, 13:40:31 08/22/14 Fri
    What do you think of it so far?

I was quite excited about it early on, but I'm afraid I've become a bit disillusioned with it. It just doesn't really convince me on any level, I'm afraid. Shame, because the story seemed interesting enough.

Replies:

• A song from Tom -- Johnny, 12:52:55 08/22/14 Fri
    He did this with Greg when he was 15 and pre Ellen days. He's been giving it exposure the past couple days so I'm sharing. It's a bit different from his usual sound as in more uptempo and still shows his love of soul.

"Written a while back with Greg Friel before the Hollywood episode in my life! The pictures are real though and from my many journeys to LA."

Replies:

• Best invitation to prom...EVER!!! -- Comicality, 11:24:38 08/22/14 Fri

While filming the last installment of the "Night At The Museum" movies, teen actor Skyler Gisondo made a short, ad-libbed, video to ask a girl out to his prom. How awesome is this? (We miss you, Robin!)

I hope she said yes. I'd go with him. Well...you know, as long as he puts out. That limo wasn't cheap. :P

Replies:

• Crazy storm hit us yesterday evening! -- TurtleBoy, 09:57:10 08/22/14 Fri
    It came out of nowhere!

https://storify.com/chrisdca/severe-thunderstorm-hits-winnipeg

It got my house pretty good, too :( I couldn't even see out my window. It was like my second-story bedroom was submerged in water... No wait, it was! My air conditioner sprung a leak. It was coming out so fast I might as well have had a tap running at full blast in my bedroom. It soaked my entire room, went down the heat register below my window, through the ducts and came out through the light fixture in my kitchen... then the drywall.

Now we must replace half of our kitchen ceiling :D Time to go to Home Depot - YAY!

Replies:

• To Ted -- Jake, 17:06:57 08/21/14 Thu
    I read your post and I just want to say that if you hear your neighbors doing it again call your landlord (assuming you're in an apartment) or even the police. I feel weird recommending that because they may very well be good parents, but they need a wake up call. Either get a divorce or behave right, and don't emotionally abuse your kid. Anyone who can say "You're almost five you're too old to be whining" or "Pack your bags and get out if you don't like it" to a kid is NOT a good parent. I can't imagine a world in which they aren't the scum of the Earth.

I really hope you call someone on them Ted, that may be misguided because the cops could break up the family but they need a wake up call or something that's for sure.

Replies:

• *snickers* -- Mike84, 13:25:45 08/21/14 Thu
    Straight Irish couple attempts to survive the onslaught of marriage equality.

One man and his wife are attempting to survive the apocalypse that follows the 2015 marriage equality referendum in Ireland.

Barricaded into their house, with only themselves for comfort and company, at least they can warm themselves with the fact thatÖ

"Ö neither of us have gone gay."

Itís a chilling vision of things to come.

Replies:

• In case you didn't know, -- TurtleBoy, 06:59:39 08/21/14 Thu
    Jude and Conner. In the tent. :o!!!

Replies:

• Cute little side note: Scann through the TV channels and saw couple innings of the Lil'League World Series, Chicago team playing, profiled one of the guys who's hobby was "irritating his little brother" hahahaha -- rickgayaz, 19:41:01 08/20/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Hehehehe.....SO true! :P -- Comicality, 18:46:14 08/20/14 Wed

Replies:

• YES!!!! Marvel...PLEASE make this movie!!! Please!!! :P -- Comicality, 17:15:43 08/20/14 Wed

Sorry...again, this is a Comsie comic book geek moment! But Deadpool is the most AWESOME comic book assassin EVER!!! A part of the "X-Men" franchise, He can't be killed, I don't even think he can be HURT, really! He's designed to be annoying and a total smartass and frustrating to his enemies to the point where EVERYBODY wants to kill the FUCK out of him!!! LOL! But...at he same time, he's hilarious! And that's endearing! That's his thing!

There's a new 'test footage' video out on YouTube now on how a possible Deadpool movie would be possible! And it is freakin' AWESOME!!! That's EXACTLY how Deadpool should be portrayed on the big screen!!!! They totally NAILED it!!!

Still voiced by Ryan Reynolds (Who, in my opinion, is the ONLY actor capable of pulling off the Deadpool character! The ONLY one! He's PERFECT! Seriously!!!) This short video displays what could be possible if the studios actually got their shit together and gave a 'Deadpool' movie the focus it deserves!

(They TRIED with "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"...but...um...NO! Nowhere NEAR good enough! Still Ryan Reynolds, but they kinda ruined it! They took away his ability to TALK and shout out smartass remarks near the end! What is Deadpool without the 'mouth'???)

So, yes! This is how
    Deadpool is SUPPOSED to be!!! Please make this movie, Marvel! PLEASE!!!

Ps- LOL!!! At the very beginning of this vid...Deadpool is drawing a picture on a piece of paper! And then, later, the car flips over and the motorcycle guy is shooting? Deadpool shows him the cartoon picture he was drawing of him cutting the dude's head off!!! That's is EXACTLY something that Deadpool would do in the comic books!!! HAHAHA!!!! You ASSHOLE!!! LMFAO!!! I *LOVE* you, DP!!!!

Replies:

• Doctor Who is back! -- Mike84, 07:28:37 08/20/14 Wed
    ....Well in another three days.

For any Whovians out there, this is the teaser trailer for season eight which begins this weekend.

I've seen parts of the leaked first episode, and Peter Capaldi looks to be fantastic as the new incarnation. :)

Replies:

• A positive side of online relationships -- Johnny, 04:49:05 08/20/14 Wed

A friend from Seattle is staying with us for a few days this weekend. Heís in London right now with his boyfriend and weíre looking forward to seeing them both again, they spent time with us a couple years ago.

Iíve talked here about Russ a couple years ago so will keep this short. We met in a gay teen chat room when we were 13 and became online boyfriends. That was a bit of a weird situation because of the 8 hour time difference and put a lot on strain on things, neither of us got the sleep we should have. We tried to spend as much time online together talking and cam sex lol, he was my 1st experience in that scene. So the relationship went on for maybe a couple months but really we both knew the relationship wasnít going to work. We were also talking on the phone after a few weeks but there was always that 8 hours.

Late July that year he went on hols with his parents to Cancun in Mexico. He had a great time but told me about Mexican boys eying him up and describing them. Sure I got jealous but at the same time could see his situation so I just thought to myself that I have no real right to deny a bit of fun if he wants it and just accepted the situation, he was going to play. We didnít talk much for the rest of the time he was there and from that point our relationship just dropped off.

So come Xmas that year I was thinking of him and phoned him for a chat wondering if we were still speaking. I didnít have to worry we had a great chat, had laughs but this time we were friends not boyfriends and that suited us both and we kept in contact either online or phone. I know it may sound strange to some peeps talking about boyfriends at 13 but it does happen. Iíve known boys about 10 at school crying because they split up with their girlfriends, you canít control emotions. Anyhow I guess we werenít technically boyfriends because it was all online. :)

So yep they are staying with us again and this is 8 years on from when we first met so there is a very good side to online relationships. :)

Replies:

• ::Snickers:: I thought I erased this... -- Comicality, 16:37:52 08/19/14 Tue

Ah well...I guess I'll keep it, then! :P

I know it's still a few months early right now, but happy B-day again, Mike! LOL!

Nah, I'll have to make a new one for you this year. You'll have to let me know ahead of time. :P

hb mike from Comsie Cality on Vimeo.

Sighhhh....I like him... :)

Replies:

• This is really a reply to Pete's 'songs that make you weep' post -- Ted, 16:19:33 08/19/14 Tue
    I had tears in my eyes today but it wasn't from music, they were tears of anger and sadness. The family that lives behind me has 3 small boys - the oldest isn't 5 yet and the twins are probably like 2. I was at work all day so I obviously I don't know what had gone on during the day but I was out enjoying the late afternoon sun and couldn't help but overhear the tension next door - sharp loud words, kids starting to cry and so on. I wasn't ready for Mom to explode with "stop whining you're almost 5 years old, you've been at it all day". And I certainly wasn't ready for Dad's full grown adult scream "Stop Whining ... go upstairs and pack your bags your leaving!". Have you ever heard a 4 year old wail "No, I want to stay here!" Not a defiant yell back at Dad that 'you can't make me go upstairs' but a full blown, scared as shit "No don't do this to me!" That BASTARD! you can't do that to a kid - you just can't. I half wanted to go over there and crush Dad's skull in and the other half wanted to just take the kid away. Of course by the time I'm writing this they're having a laugh filled dinner and all appears forgotten. I just hope that prick gets what he deserves; a crappy lonely old age 'cause his kids don't want to hear his whining. Ok rant over.

Replies:

• Okay, just for a bit of clarity... -- Comicality, 11:44:35 08/19/14 Tue

With the flood of you newbies (Who I LOVE, by the way! Hehehe!), one of the questions that I've been asked a bunch lately is "What is 'The Boys Of Widow Lake'?" It's mentioned in a few of the YouTube videos, people have been talking about it, it's like...a big mystery evidently! ::Giggles::

Ok...

"The Boys Of Widow Lake" is an ebook, and an ebook alone. It's my very first Kindle exclusive ever! Which was like, a big milestone for me. So...if you've been looking for it on the Library, it's not there. Looking for it on the site, it's not there either. It's only available on Amazon.com and nowhere else. Cool? That's why it's 'absent' from the website.

If you want to get a 'sample' of what the story is like, I posted the prologue of the first "Boys Of Widow Lake" on Nifty a while back to give everyone a taste. And you can find that here...

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/gay/sf-fantasy/boys-of-widow-lake.html

To give you uninitiated folks an idea of what the story is about, it's basically me taking the idea of mermaids (or...umm...merboys I guess) and modernizing the idea, giving it my own twist, and telling a different story with it. It's Comsie's way of doing to mermaids what he did with vampires and werewolves in "Gone From Daylight" and "Savage Moon". There are only two ebooks available at the moment. "The Boys Of Widow Lake" and "The Legend Of Lady Margaret". But the third book is finished, and I'm working hard to reformat and re-edit it so it's ready for publishing. It's been over a YEAR now! But other things have taken priority since then. If I can, I'd love to get the third book, "Depths Of Devotion" done before the holiday season! K? Wish me luck! :)

Anyway, that's the big mystery. "The Boys Of Widow Lake" story really DOES exist! Hehehe, I swear! And there are TWO ebooks already available on the COMICALITY KINDLE STORIES link! Cool? Check it out, and let me know if you like it! K? I'll get back to work on "Depths Of Devotion" soon! Promise!

This was the first 'trailer' I created for the story. Give it a look! You might just like it! :)

Thanks for the emails, you guys! I'm still answering more! And a big welcome to all of you newbies coming in! :) I'll talk to more of you guys soon! I'm having a ball right now! Hehehe! You guys are so sweet!

Replies:

• You know...when I think about it... -- Comicality, 06:31:04 08/19/14 Tue

With all (what is it? Eight?) Harry Potter films, there is a whole generation that have had Daniel Radcliffe as a part of their lives from preteens to college graduates. That's like an entire childhood. I guess something like this would be pretty freaky. :P

Replies:

• Public Service Announcement -- Johnny, 04:13:12 08/19/14 Tue
    The Reading Festival starts Friday. For anybody interested BBC3 are broadcasing quite a few acts for the three nights from 8pm. Here's the lineup.

http://www.readingfestival.com/line-up

Replies:

• It's TUESDAY! And this week we're slowing it down a bit... -- PeteIM, 23:57:31 08/18/14 Mon
    The theme is 'songs that make you weep', from either happiness or sorrow. We'll only be doing this for one day so we don't have to make tissue runs all three days. As well, I only expect you to post one song, but feel free to post more.

My song is one that was written in 1950 by Ed McCurdy. Every time I hear it I tear up. If only it could have come true. *sigh*

McCurdy's widely covered anti-war classic, "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream", has been recorded in seventy-six languages (including covers by Simon & Garfunkel in 1964, Johnny Cash in 2002, Garth Brooks in 2005, and Serena Ryder in 2006). In November 1989, as Tom Brokaw, from NBC News, stood on top of the Berlin Wall, he directed his NBC-TV cameras towards the school children on the East German side of the Berlin Wall, to show the children singing "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream" en masse as the wall was being dismantled.

My favorite version is by Joan Baez.

As always, post your song as a reply to this message so we don't slow the site down too much.

Replies:

• OH! Almost forgot.... -- Comicality, 23:15:26 08/18/14 Mon

I wanted to post this video here on the Shack for you guys to see. While I was in LA, the news went out that Robin Williams had allegedly taken his own life, which is still extremely sad to me. Because I thought Robin Williams was genius in everything he did. Both in comedy and in drama. Easily, for different reason, "What Dreams May Come", "Good Will hunting", and "Aladdin" are some of the finest things he's ever done. Also, "The Night Listener" is amazing. That's on the 3M list if you haven't checked it out, he plays a gay radio host who becomes fascinated with a teen boy who may or may not exist. It's one to watch. But the old adage still reigns true, 'The clown does all the entertaining and he makes everybody ELSE laugh, but when the clown needs laughter and entertainment...who does HE turn to?' And often, the answer is no one. Nobody. He's all alone, and that's when the demons devour you whole. :(

Shouldn't happen.

So, the main reason that I'm posting this is because I absolutely LOVE Jeremy Jahns movie reviews! He's funny, he basically doesn't give a shit, and he's honest. Hehehe! But I see eye to eye with him on most of the stuff he reviews so I've learned to trust his judgement. We share a certain synergy, I guess. (Do I sound like a douchebag? Prolly...) But "Aladdin" is one of my ALL time fave animated movies ever! Always has been! I know it word for word. Even added it into "Waiting Outside The Lines"...he's reviewing it in honor of Robin Williams. And he's donating ALL of the money he makes off of this YouTube video to a charity that deals with anxiety and depression. Every penny. So I think that's an excellent cause to get into. One that I believe in promoting. So if any of you have a website or a personal blog, Tumblr, Twitter, facebook, whatever...share this video. Circulate it, help out. He's not asking for any money, just support for his video, which will generate money on its own. It may just indirectly help somebody in need. Maybe even save a few lives. That's definitely something to feel good about.

Speaking as someone who has lost someone very dear to me to suicide, and someone who has been at suicide's door more often, and more recent, than I care to share...I'd like to think that there is a place for people to get help with issues like this. So check it out, like, subscribe, whatever it takes. He's a good guy. Very entertaining. Movies, comic books, video games...he's one of my faves! And he's doing something good to try to make a difference. Kudos to J for that one! Enjoy!

Replies:

• ::Snickers:: Wait...whaaaat?!?!! -- Comicality, 22:26:13 08/18/14 Mon

How DARE you try to taint the name of late 80's Mark Paul Gosselar and his...dreamy, Saturday morning presence! Hehehe!

They'll make a TV movie about pretty much anything these days, won't they?

Besides, I was a kid...I watched it. And you know why! ::Nods:: Same reason I was able to sit down and watch Justin Timberlake and Ryan Gosling on Mickey Mouse Club! ::Nods Vigorously::

(@1:15...most people would expect that from a pre teen Justin Timberlake. But right after that, the Ryan Gosling thing just cracks me up because it looks so weird to me now! Who saw that coming? What??? I was like 11 years old at the time! They were the two HOTTEST boys on the show! Damn right, I was watching!)

Replies:

• WDotW For 8/18 -- Comicality, 10:51:11 08/18/14 Mon

I have NO idea where I put my other WDotW I had planned for today! Hehehe! That's ok! Devin'll do! :P

Replies:

• ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~ -- Comicality, 10:49:54 08/18/14 Mon

This week's 3M selection might very well take you guys to a VERY dark place!

"Found"

As many of you guys know, I'm definitely a horror fan! Always have been. So there really isn't much that I find disturbing when it comes to the genre. "Found", a small budget indie horror flick, takes 'disturbing' right up to that line. The strange thing is, there is definitely some extreme gore in a few scenes, but that's not what creeps you out about it at all. I kept thinking about it, even after it was over.

Basically, the story follows 12 year old, Marty...who one day discovers that his older brother is a serial killer. That's not a spoiler, that's like...in the opening credits. Marty (Who is also a huge horror movie fan) becomes fascinated by the idea of what his brother is up to, and secretly sneaks into his room to see his trophies. People may think Marty is strange because of the movies he watches, but more disturbing is his nearly absent mother, his violent, angry, and racist father, and his serial killer brother. Being bullied and made fun of at school doesn't help.

I won't say much more than this movie takes really DARK turns between the beginning and the end. And you see sweet and innocent Marty slowly transform into something else as the situations around him get more and more out of control. It is an indie flick, so the acting isn't superb, but it's not 'porn star' bad, not by any means. Annnnnd....it didn't exactly end the way I thought it would. :O

So check it out. Something to watch on a late Friday night in the dark if you're looking for something different. There is some gore in a few places, but it's mostly depicted in the movies Marty watches (Which are made to look way over the top and disgusting). Funny thing...it's not the movies sending him down the dark path. (Is it ever?)

Have fun...

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 10:35:53 08/18/14 Mon

This Week:

The 'Upside Down Blueberry Cake' Kiss!

Replies:

• My apologies if the board is a little freaky at the moment... -- Comicality, 12:38:35 08/17/14 Sun

The messages are a bit scrambled at the moment. So some posts that were at the TOP of the forum are now on the bottom, and some that were at the bottom are on the top! I take the blame for that one. The board was loading at a GLACIER pace when I came back, and I know how to sort of 'fix it', but when I do that...the board resets, and that's when things get screwy. So the board is much faster at the moment, but the board resets according to the 'replies', I think...instead of the initial posts. So things go topsy turvy when that happens.

But it seems to be stable right now. So we're back to business as usual. K? Post away! :)

Replies:

• Insane... -- Mike84 (), 11:53:00 08/17/14 Sun
    A lightning bolt hits something behind some houses (or maybe an house, it isn't clear) and the whole thing explodes.

I was going to embed the clip on here, but Voy doesn't seem to like Vine much. It'll only play once, and then you need to refresh the page if you miss it the first time around.
    But the link's below if you want to see it.

https://vine.co/v/MQ7zZE1hrOz

Last edited by author: Sun August 17, 2014 11:57:49   Edited 1 time.

Replies:

• Thank you! -- David, 11:18:15 08/17/14 Sun
    Mr. Comicality,

About six months ago, a friend of mine (Kevin) pointed me to Gone From Daylight, and I've become addicted to your stories ever since. I can't tell you how many days I've wandered around like a zombie, because I was up all night, reading your stories.

I've also written (in my head) countless thank you emails, for sharing with us, your unbelievable talent.

I just finished up with My Only Escape, and I can no longer remain silent. I identify with that story on so many, scary levels. That was my life (minus the amazing boyfriend) until a few short years ago, when I ran, and never looked back. Your story (therapy) gave a voice to so many thoughts and feelings, that I don't know how to express. You have helped me immensely, and for that, I thank you. I think a person needs to live it, to understand. I cried and laughed right alongside you, the whole way through.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

I can't thank you enough, for what you do!

David

Replies:

• I....I was uhhh....wait....I ummm.... -- Comicality, 10:30:23 08/17/14 Sun

....Wait...what was I thinking about again? I was ummm...I was....yeah.

Can someone hand me a napkin? I was writing something a few minutes ago...I'm almost sure of it... :P

Replies:

• Oh no! How could I forget Greyson's birthday??? (Thanks Em!) -- Comicality, 05:37:17 08/17/14 Sun

Happy Birthday, GC! He's 17 now, ya know? ::Wicked Grins:: You know what that means. The countdown started yesterday!

364 days...363 days...362 days...2015 isn't a leap year is it? :P

His newest single really surprised me last week! I didn't expect him to take that direction at ALL. He's been really secretive about what he's been working on over the past year. It's a different sound for him. Like...Robin Thicke meets Justin Timberlake mixed with a touch of Maroon 5. If you can imagine that! It fits him surprisingly well though. ((Huggles))

Can't wait to see what the video's gonna look like! Hehehe, they're gonna make you dance aren't they, Greyson! ::Pokes:: Hehehe! They're gonna make you daaaaance... :P

I can see Greyson blushing already!

Replies:

• Sunday Chill Time -- Johnny, 04:02:44 08/17/14 Sun
    I can't remember if this mix has already been posted my head's fuzzled. Don't think so. :)

Replies:

• Erick has never heard of The Proclaimers -- TurtleBoy, 19:01:39 08/16/14 Sat
    This is not right. Is this an American thing? Are all of you this sheltered?

Replies:

• It's THURSDAY! And we're winding down from another three-day fun fest... -- PeteIM, 00:06:36 08/14/14 Thu
    It's strange how many One Hit Wonders we have. I wonder what stops the acts from repeating their earlier successes. Maybe it lack of writing abilities or failure to identify the right song in time. Whatever it is, let's do it one more time. Post at least one song, but no more than four.

As always, post your songs as a reply to this message to help stop the site from slowing down.

Replies:

• So a lady runs a red light and a cop stops her... -- PeteIM, 11:45:04 08/13/14 Wed

Replies:

• You crazy Brits really give your all for charity clothing drives... -- PeteIM, 11:26:38 08/13/14 Wed
    Strip for Scope this summer

Replies:

• It's WEDNESDAY! And the One Hit Wonders continue... -- PeteIM, 00:03:16 08/13/14 Wed
    Yesterday was a big success, so let's do it again with at least one, but no more than four songs from your playlists.

As always, post your songs as a reply to this message to help stop the site from slowing down.

Replies:

• Just so you know... -- PeteIM, 16:01:35 08/07/14 Thu

Replies:

• It's TUESDAY! And we're starting with a sad note... -- PeteIM (), 00:08:57 08/12/14 Tue
    Robin Williams, suffering from depression, has committed suicide. I left a message in Johnny's post, but it bears repeating: If someone threatens to take their own life, believe them. If you can't do anything because of your location or your abilities, call someone who can. Don't assume it's a joke. Depression is not a joking matter.

OK... The PSA's over.

Looking back in our musical lives, we all know of a song that was in the top ten and we loved the band who put it out, but when we try to think of any other songs that the band did, we can't - they were a One-Hit Wonder. One hit and that was all she wrote. Look through your playlists and wrack your brains and list your favorite One-Hit Wonders today, Wednesday and Thursday. Post at least one, but no more than four per day.

Last edited by author: Tue August 12, 2014 01:44:05   Edited 1 time.

Replies:

• In honour of Robin Williams -- Mike84, 07:57:17 08/12/14 Tue
    Here's a full stand-up performance by him.

Replies:

• Wolfie's Weekend Riddles -- Wolfie, 03:29:12 08/16/14 Sat
    Ok you slacker Shackers, it's time to give those brain cells a workout!
    Answer me these riddles three, and you will get to ... uh ... well, I haven't thought of a prize yet, so just do it for fun :)
    And no peeking at other people's guesses. No googling either :p

Here we go!

1 - One evening a man started to run. Then he turned left. Soon after, he turned left again. Then he started running home. When he got home there were 2 masked men waiting for him. Who were they?

2 - You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?

3 - Feathers, I am as light,
    But quite heavy if squeezed tight.
    I'm seen as clean and pure,
    but often talked about with dirty terms.
    What am I?

Replies:

• Hehehe...he's having a BAD day! :) -- Comicality, 16:50:08 08/16/14 Sat

This kid is just too adorable! Hehehe! I shall adopt him, and I'm going to name him 'Rascal'. Yes, that's his new name.

Come, Rascal. I'm taking you to the park to show off to all my friends. ::Snickers::

• Snail mail communication -- Wolfie, 09:36:00 08/16/14 Sat
    Earlier I was half-jokingly telling Comsie off for not sending me a postcard from his trip. That got me wondering how people here are feeling about this form of communication these days.

Maybe I should explain to our younger Shackers ... a postcard is a small piece of cardboard, often rectangular, usually with pictures on it. You can pay people a small amount of money and they will actually carry that piece of cardboard, with your message on it, to almost anywhere in the world. Once upon a time, people even used to play chess that way!

Anyway, I'm one of those old school guys who still likes to send and receive picture postcards and Christmas cards. It's just a nice feeling to find a card in your mailbox and to know that someone cared enough about you to spend a few minutes picking a nice card and writing a few words :)
    And once I actually did get a postcard from Comsie. If I remember correctly, it had a picture of the Chicago piers on it.

So, what about you guys? Snail mail cards, yay or nay?

Replies:

• OMG, "Guardians Of The Galaxy" Was soooo good! :) -- Comicality, 00:07:18 08/16/14 Sat

If any of you were ever fans of the Guardians comic books, they made this almost PERFECT! Pretty much a 9 out of 10! Hehehe! Of course, I would have liked to see Thanos do more than just sit in a chair for the 15 seconds of screen time that HE had in the movie. But I'm pretty sure they're saving him for Avengers 3, seeing as you really can't get more apocalyptic than Thanos. He's...not a good person. :P

If you're not a fan of the comics or have never heard of them (Which is understandable, a lot of people haven't), I'd take off a point or two. Which is still a good time at the movies, but there's a lot of little things that cater to the fanboys.

OH! And if you were an 80's kid...you HAVE to stay through the end credits! LOL! Yeah, I didn't see that coming at all. I almost 'dare' them to try to make THAT movie again! :P

So the tradition continues! Marvel is kicking serious ass with the newest movies! The added bonus of all of them being connected is pure genius! It's much better if you see them all! Phases 1 and 2 are complete! Bring on Phase 3!!!

(Now, if only we can get Sony and Fox to let the stranglehold go on Spiderman and the X-Men, whose storylines ALSO tie in with the Avengers, we could get a MEGA movie going! 'Age of Miracles'...psh! They're MUTANTS! If they have to start calling them 'miracles' for the sake of copywrite, that's gonna suck!)

Replies:

• Oh no Robin Williams is dead -- Johnny, 18:05:20 08/11/14 Mon
    His demons got the best of him. :( R I P crazy guy.

Replies:

• ::Squints Eyes:: Hmmmm... ::Looks Left:: / ::Looks Right::.... -- Comicality, 22:34:44 08/15/14 Fri

...How come everybody looks all 'calm and busy' in here?

What have you little hellions been up to since I've been away? :P I swear, if I find just ONE pet in the microwave, you're ALL getting therapy!

I'm home! And I had an AMAZING time!!! Still, it's always good to be home again. :)

I've got tons of Comsie work to get to, but first, I need food! My stomach is growling like an angry grizzly right now. I'll just check my chart for the places with the cutest delivery boys. Ahhh...yes! That's the one! I hope they send 'him' again! ::Snickers::

I'll be back soon! ::MWAH:: I miss you guys! :)

Replies:

• Friday Fitty -- Johnny, 13:52:29 08/15/14 Fri
    It's time for Gawjus Paddy to make an appearance in the Shack again. Yum. :)

Replies:

• COMSIE IS DUE BACK SOON!!! -- PeteIM, 18:54:19 08/15/14 Fri

Replies:

• Lol this is funny -- Johnny, 03:52:11 08/09/14 Sat
    There's a load of stuff on the news about using laughing glass balloons to party, they're all talking rubbish. :) This kids funny on it.

Replies:

Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.