Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

This board is moderated

Comicality's Shack

"Wet Dream Of The Week"
Kare Hedebrant -Appearing as a WDotW once before shortly after his role in "Let The Right One In", Kare Hedebrant has grown into quite a beauty! Still acting in movies, and the new Swedish TV series, "Akta Manniskor" ("Real Humans"), about synthetic humans in the near future, Kare is sure to be around for some time to come!

THIS Week's WDotw Pics And Videos!!!

LAST Week's WDotW Pics And Videos!!!

"The Shack Out Back" Now Accepting Voluntary Donations!!!

ComicalityShack YouTube

Comicality Kindle eBooks

Comicality Twitter

You Can ALSO Visit The:

"The Vampire Warehouse" Forum
"The Comicality Cafe" Forum
"The Library" Forum
ShackNation

JOIN THE "MAILING LIST" TODAY!!!
(For Instant Story And Site Updates!!!)

= TEEN POP NOSTRADAMUS 2014 =
FIRST QUARTER UPDATE!!!

The 'Comicality Shack Out Back' Website

• Imparfait practice... -- Jake, 18:45:09 04/15/14 Tue
    Samedi soir, quand je allais au cinéma, j'ai vu Logan et Will se tennent la main. C'étais super! Ils ont trés mignon!!

lol okay not much practice but I wanted to do that all day. Use it to tell a story I'd be interested in, however basic. I think the idea is there, I'd be interested in those on the forum who know better how to explain what I was getting at. Like see if tenir is reflexive right, shouldn't that mean Will is doing the action to himself? That's weird, so how is it a shared action to do together?

SEE WE SHOULD LEARN THESE THINGS IN CLASS! Like things about cute boys holding hands at the movies on Saturday evenings.

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Yawns -- Johnny, 01:00:44 04/15/14 Tue
    I've only had 8 hours sleep since I woke up Saturday morning. None Saturday night, 4 hours Sunday night and 4 hours last night, been awake since 5.00am. Gotta be fresh tomoz because we have two of the four French boys from Antibes arriving here, they're staying with us over the Easter. My bro and his gf are going to Lyon tomoz staying with friends, all this French interaction. Chris is off to Fontainebleu. So yeh hope I sleep longer tomoz. I blame it on the full moon. Why does the spellcheck thingy want to change Fontainebleu to Containable it's nowhere near similar. It also wants Antibes to be Tibetans. :)

Replies:

• Imagine a mother arriving to see her son perform in a singing contest... -- PeteIM, 18:04:11 04/14/14 Mon
    OVERTON PARK, Kan.--A physician and his grandson, who was trying out for a singing contest, and a woman visiting her elderly mother were the fatal victims of the Kansas shootings on Sunday.

William Lewis Corporon, 69 years old, and his 14-year-old grandson, Reat Griffin Underwood-Losen, were shot outside the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City, according to their family.

Mindy Corporon, Reat's mother and Mr. Corporon's daughter, talked her son into practicing the songs he was to perform at the competition, KC SuperStar, one last time before leaving the house, she said at a news conference. "I got to hear the songs and kiss him," she said. One of the songs was titled, "You're going to miss me when I'm gone."

Ms. Corporon said she drove separately and when she arrived at the Jewish Community Center she saw her father lying on the ground, doors to his car open, and thought he might have had a heart attack.

"I saw two men holding my son," she said. "I saw bullet holes in the glass" of the community center, and that's when she understood what had happened, she said. "It didn't seem like a crime scene with family members lying on the ground."

For more, see http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20140414-709358.html
    = = =

Reat Griffin Underwood-Losen had practiced this song for the contest:

Reat, I never met you and really do miss you. *sigh*

Replies:

• WDotW For 4/14 -- Comicality, 07:18:48 04/14/14 Mon

I watched a couple of episodes of "Akta Manniskor", and it's actually a really cool show from what I've seen so far. Sort of like a really dark version of "A.I."...but on TV!

Not to mention the fact that the director keeps finding random reasons to show Kare's round and bouncy booty in a bunch of episodes! ::Snickers:: WHAT??? I didn't write the show! You could be watching, minding your own beeswax, and then it's like, "Oh! Blond hottie wearing tight boxer briefs...and NOTHING else! Sweet!"

It certainly kept ME tuned in! :P

Replies:

• ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~ -- Comicality, 07:10:34 04/14/14 Mon

This week's 3M selection shows us just how easily things can all fall apart!

"Needful Things"

While Stephen King is well known for works like "Carrie", "The Stand", "Cujo", "The Shining", and countless others...I've always felt that "Needful Things" was seriously underrated! In fact, it's one of the best movie adaptations of them all! So if you've been holding off on this one, definitely give it a look!

The story involves the small town of Castlerock...a place where everyone knows everyone else. Where you can go into the local diner for a cup of coffee and a slice of homemade apple pie. And then...enter a brand new member of their tight knit little community. A tall dark stranger, who opens up a little knick knack shop called 'Needful Things' right in the center of town. If you're looking for something, he's got exactly what you need. All you have to do is ask. Naturally, as this is Stephen King...the stranger is not all he appears to be.

In a very short time, people begin to wander into the strange shop and find items that they seemingly can't do without. And he can provide them...for a price. Not money so much, but a 'deed'. A small prank of sorts. It seems like such a little thing, right? It starts with a young boy pulling a prank for a rare baseball card, and things quickly escalate as this evil stranger begins to twist and turn the rivalries and personal feuds of the townspeople against one another. A little deed here, a little prank there, and soon the people reach a point where they are turning on each other...sometimes with deadly results!

It really does show how easy it is to play on the fears and frustrations of people, and how quickly everything can go up in smoke if you know what buttons to push! So check it out! It's darkly comical in parts, and it's King at his best, in my opinion. Enjoy!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 07:07:04 04/14/14 Mon

This Week:

The 'Magic Of Disney Fairy Tale' Kiss!

Replies:

• Strange you said that Com -- Johnny, 02:56:39 04/14/14 Mon
    When I saw you posted Umbrella below I wondered what was happening with Kelis. Umbrella and Milkshake were similar periods and the girls were always singing the songs. There was also Gwen Stephanie with Hollerback. Memories. :)

Replies:

• How could we forget such an important day?!? -- PeteIM, 11:43:17 04/13/14 Sun
    We still have some time left...

Replies:

• What the heck happened to Mya??? -- Comicality, 09:25:00 04/13/14 Sun

I hope she's still around! She was cool! :O

Replies:

• It's Sunny Sunday Morning Chill Time. -- Johnny, 05:39:32 04/13/14 Sun
    I love this mix wtv time of day but it's brilliant dawn break listening.

Replies:

• Hiya -- Lemons, 21:29:16 04/12/14 Sat
    I know I haven't been around in a while. But I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I miss you all. And I hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Hugs!

Replies:

• Teen Pop Nostradamus Clears The First Quarter! -- Comicality, 18:50:10 04/12/14 Sat

Actually, it's almost the first THIRD of the year, but the votes didn't go up until February...so give or take a few weeks! It's time to check back in and see how some of our young new hopefuls are doing, and also keep an eye on some of our Teen Pop Alumni! :)

Jai Waetford (aka 'TurtleBoy's Favorite') aims for Summer with his first sunshine video and single! Cody takes a break from 'Dancing With The Stars' to give us a ride on his 'surfboard'! Elyar Fox leaves YouTube behind, The Vamps get their first big budget video from their label for a catchy Spring Break single, and Dylan Hyde jumps ahead of the crowd while finishing his first EP!

Wishing you luck, guys! Make us proud! And if you haven't voted for your favorite boys yet, be sure to click on the link up top to do so now! (Or...in a couple of minutes when I fix the link! :P

Seezya soon!

Oh...and by the way...WHAT?!?!?!

(Note...Baby 'Birdman'...also known for having a very REAL photo of him kissing rapper Lil' Wayne on the mouth. Ahem...)

And what the hell is up with Selena Gomez? That is SO not fair!!! She's like 23, right? Maybe 24? Didn't she date Bieber when he was almost 17? Isn't Austin 17 right NOW? How does that work? Do women not ever go to prison for that sort of thing? We'd better get some security around Greyson and Ronan before she catches sight of them too. :P

Replies:

• Hehehe...who knew? -- Comicality, 23:37:36 04/11/14 Fri

Holy roller, recovering addict, Mama Bieber shows off her sweetheart son for the first time. Awww....

Geez, he was pretty blond back then...

Replies:

• Chandler Riggs streaming! -- Yagami_Light, 21:51:30 04/11/14 Fri
    For those curious, you can watch here: http://www.twitch.tv/chairhandler

Replies:

• If you liked Mud, put this movie on your watch list -- bwctwriter (), 21:45:40 04/11/14 Fri
    It looks to be a little of everything, genre wise... I'm downloading it now, so I'll let you know. Obviously, if it were playing near me, I'd see it in theaters, but well, i don't live in New York or LA, so indie movies that only play in limited theaters in places like that rarely come to Providence... But if it did, I'd be sitting in the seat right now watching intently. At any rate, take a look at the trailer and keep it in mind if the movie strikes your fancy. Com, you'll probably like it. Seeing as it features Tye Sheridan and all... :-p

Last edited by author: Fri April 11, 2014 21:49:06   Edited 1 time.

Replies:

• Freaky.... -- Comicality, 19:03:51 04/11/14 Fri

Okay...so take a look at this picture, and tell me what you see...

Replies:

• Since Jimmy is still helping Comsie, and child labor laws only allow him to work so many hours a week, we’ll be cranking up the old Victrola again... -- PeteIM, 16:44:41 04/11/14 Fri
    We’ve all done it. We hear a song and not only can we not get it out of our head, but we don’t even want to. This week’s theme is “Songs I’ve Played On Repeat Long Enough To Get Someone To Tell Me To Stop.” You know the ones – the opening bars send shiver up and down your spine and your mood automatically changes to the best in ages.

Here are my four selections. Add yours as a reply and limit it to no more than four.

By the way, if you don’t know how to embed your videos, just put your songs, including the artists who perform them, in a reply and I’ll add the videos for you.

Sonia Dada - Anna Lee

My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words

Matchbox Twenty - 3AM

Rita Coolidge - Higher and Higher

Replies:

• So you're in high school and having a hard time of it... -- PeteIM, 11:44:42 04/11/14 Fri
    Here are some interviews with those who have survived high school.

• Good news -- LemonFresh, 15:06:45 04/10/14 Thu
    Originally I was going to take some summer classes but I've realized that if I do that, I'm going to go out of my fucking skull. So I'm taking my summer break, the good news being that this means I’m going to write again. Ever since my mom passed and I started school and work I just haven't had it in me to write, espicially not when I just finished writing 7 different psychological analysis's analysies? Fuck it you know what I mean. that's all I wanted to say and to anyone who's ever been a psych major how do you become a psychologist with out needing one yourself?

Replies:

• Stories To Resume Next Week... -- Comicality, 17:13:24 04/09/14 Wed

I'm far from getting things back to where they were, but I've put in enough extra time and effort to at least get some new stuff posted. So expect some new treats starting next Wednesday with a new chapter of "Billy Chase"!

Seezya then!

Grab Your "Billy" eBooks Today
    At The COMICALITY KINDLE STORIES Link!!!

Replies:

• ::Snickers:: -- Comicality, 16:19:38 04/09/14 Wed

Hehehe...ahhh, video game memories...

Replies:

• Hmm... Lazy writers or some secret conspiracy agenda thingy? You be the judge. -- Mike84, 12:47:42 04/09/14 Wed
    But it is interesting how damn similar every one of them is.
    Every network, from Faux News to ABC to CNN it doesn't matter. Same script every time. I first saw this a few months back, don't think I shared it then (or maybe it was someone here who shared it, can't remember). But here it is now.

Replies:

• Even though the site gods have been angry, the Guess the Theme game was a relative success... -- PeteIM, 02:31:52 04/09/14 Wed
    If nothing else, it taught me that running a game online takes a bit of planning. (o:

Wolfie was the first to realize that the theme was One-Hit Wonders and he wins the digital download of original artwork from Imagine Magazine. The art was created by TurtleBoy.

To save space on the forum (and to hopefully not contribute to the site going tits up), Wolfie, you can download the artwork by clicking on the links below and right-clicking on the art and selecting 'Save Image As'.

For the rest of you, for participating (or just viewing the posts) you get to download the art as well.

= = =

Cover Art from Imagine Magazine
    This is a scene from Navy Pier in Chicago that JayDee and TurtleBoy put together.
    http://i.imgur.com/1iXGwbB.jpg

Story Art from Unaccompanied Minor
    This is the story art from Cirrus' story, Unaccompanied Minor
    http://i.imgur.com/kKtxORW.jpg
    You can find the story here:
    http://imagine-magazine.org/library/unaccompanied-minor/

Replies:

• Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. tonight....WOW!!! -- Comicality, 00:49:53 04/09/14 Wed

Easily the BEST episode of the entire season! I was worried it was the season finale or something, but nope...just a kickass ep.

If any of you watch the show, it would be better if you saw "Captain America: Winter Soldier" first (Also one of the best Marvel movies yet), because this S.H.I.E.L.D. episode and the movie are supposedly taking place at the same time, and if you haven't seen the movie then this show will have a bunch of spoilers in it. But...yes! Awesome! XD

And be sure to check out Cap too! Trust me, it's worth it.

(Oh wait...that's not Captain America. I thought he looked kinda young. :P)

Replies:

• Wait...um...what??? -- Comicality, 00:39:40 04/09/14 Wed

Soooo...you guys might remember a few years ago when there was that big 'Balloon Boy' scandal where his father wanted to make everybody believe his son was helplessly trapped in a balloon and...ugh...so silly...

Anyway, dad's out of jail now, and balloon boy and his brothers are in a heavy metal band now. Sighhh...

Whatever...

The lesson is...pimp your children out while they're young, parents. Fame is worth everything, even your eternal soul. :P

Shameless...

Replies:

• You will burn in hell for this, Weinstein Company... -- bwctwriter, 19:35:50 04/08/14 Tue
    You have ruined my childhood. Jonas can not be a 20something. WTF were you thinking?!?!

Replies:

• Update! -- Jake, 17:41:53 04/08/14 Tue
    Hey so wanted to give everyone an update. Thanks for the comforting words and advice. So nothing really came of it. Friend A and Friend B are still treating me the same, we're all good.

I suppose I'm not out of the woods yet but I feel really bad about my lack of trust in friend A, I still can't fully feel at ease but hey we joked around and talked like normal.

Nobody mentioned what happened, little awkward why would they want to? But friend B did briefly tease me about it then say that he shouldn't say what he said. Wasn't anything mean really.

Anyway crisis averted maybe? Of course they probably know I'm gay, I didn't say it though. I guess if asked I'll say yes? Idk I still really need to think about that. I mean who am I fooling if I deny it. Friend B is an ally more or less anyway. Friend A no clue about him.

Such an awkward situation though. Lock phone, lesson learned. Hey but still the thing is he took it from my hands as I was using it so even if I had a lock it wouldn't work in this situation. But I added one now.

Thanks for all the comfort and stuff. If I do decide to say Yes to the question I'm sure you will all hear about it through my panic attacks.

As to what Johnny said about a cloud server. Might look into that for the instagram pics I save on my PC. Hmmmmm

So not saying I'm coming out over this, probably won't. I'm a bit of a coward. But I want to hear some stories from you (as well as replies to the whole situation) about awkward similar situations if such a thing exists. This might be one of the most awkward moments of my life.

Here's hoping all stays well.

Replies:

• This is the final chance to win, place or show in the "Guess the Theme" contest... -- PeteIM, 00:12:26 04/08/14 Tue
    So far it looks like Wolfie is the only one who seems to have his head wrapped around the theme. Let me give you some help. So far most of the submissions have been educated guesses as to what the theme is. The theme is not about a song and it's not about a band. It's about a certain band and a certain song. For instance, today's clue is Buffalo Springfield singing For What It's Worth. Stephen Stills wrote it and it became a hit in 1967. (I turned 20 in 1967.) By the way, the year the song was released or bacame a hit is not important.

Can you think of any other hit songs that Buffalo Springfield had?

Now ask yourself the same question for the other four songs that I posted.

I hope you were familiar with most, if not all of the songs that I posted.

Your task today is to write out what you think the theme is. Since we have a multitude of time zones here, put your guess in the text of your reply, not in the subject. That way people who check in after you won't see your selection without clicking on your link. You can also post another song if you'd like to.

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Replies:

• Voy Lately... -- Comicality, 19:54:10 04/07/14 Mon

From what I can gather, Voy's forums have recently been under attack by spammers, and they appear to be trying their best to fix it. Unfortunately, that seems to be screwing everything up for the rest of us. One note in the admin section said:

March 29, 2014: Spammers attacking system

"Spammers have created hundreds of forums and then posted thousands of messages. We are working on a solution to this as well as the cleanup process. Please bear with us while we work to resolve this."

So, what has been happening with the boards may not be any fault of ours at all. It's simply them trying to fix a serious 'glitch in the Matrix', and unfortunately the whole system is affected. (Even though I have personally only erased maybe a total of five spam messages on all three Voy boards in the past few months.)

This also explains why Captcha has been turned on for all the sites on their system despite admin settings, to help them deal with the problem.

It's extremely frustrating, I know. But for now, I think our best bet is to be patient and give them a chance to work things out on their end so we can get back to normal. I'll never know why people think Spam works. ::Shrugs::

Have you guys EVER seen some junkmail or spam or some flashy advertisement and thought, "Hey, that looks cool!" Never happened to me. Like ever. It's an eyesore and an annoyance and it's not fooling anybody. So why do people keep using this as a marketing tool? Seriously.

Anyway, smile for me k? They'll fix it soon enough. At least they're working on it.

Replies:

• So Embarassed! -- Jake, 19:12:54 04/07/14 Mon
    I feel really queezy and sick to my stomach about this whole situation so retyping it is going to be hard. Something really really embarrassing happened today. Not end of the world bad but I still feel awful about it.

Okay so this story is embarrassing even to tell. *deep breaths* Alright so last night I sent a picture from Instagram of a shirtless guy to my phone right? See where this is going? I forgot to delete it later. So anyone this morning a friend snatched the phone out of my hands and decides to have a look at my pictures. Which okay that's kind of fucked in the first place because I'm his friend but not that close of friends. Seems out of line. Regardless BAM! Shirtless guy. And then it gets passed to my other friend who I sit with of a morning.

: Friend A who took the phone is not trust worthy or good enough of a friend that I'd really ever want them to know. Friend B I was going to tell at some point, just not like that. He won't be spreading it around. So far nothing has happened. I asked Friend A not to because I don't deserve it. He isn't a bad person, just a bit rude sometimes. I have no clue if he's told anyone or if he's kept his promise. I don't even know how he feels about the subject at hand. At the very least nobody treated me any different today, with the off awkwardness of the whole thing.

There is no explaining any of it, not really. Initially I lied and said that I have no knowledge of where the picture came from which whatever not a good lie but it was spur of the moment. Later in the day Friend B seemed rather keen on accepting the lie probably because the whole damn situation is so uncomfortable and awkward as hell. But as of now Friend B thinks I have no knowledge of the thing.

Friend A was questioning me in a class we share/sit next to each other. Asked me if I'm gay, I pretended not to hear rather obviously I think and he said we'd talk tomorrow.

I just oh lord this situation is so stupid. Thank God the pic on my phone wasn't anything too obscene. Still I have no clue what to do. It hasn't been such a hot day. *barfs everywhere*

Sorry for the drama, lol I feel like my life just turned into something out of one of the stories I read. And you all know how much I worry, it's driving me insane. I'm not going to be able to sleep or anything.

Replies:

• I think I have a clue as to what is causing the site to mess up... -- PeteIM, 09:52:52 04/07/14 Mon
    It seemed that every post I made during the contest screwed things up. I thought I was doing allowed practices.

1. I wrote the post and embedded music (as required)
    2. I clicked on Preview to make sure it looked right
    3. When everything was right, I clicked Send
    4. The site crashed.

This happened every time... until today (Monday). Here's what I did differently:

1. I wrote the post and embedded music (as required)
    2. I clicked on Preview to make sure it looked right
    3. I clicked the Back Arrow and made any changes in the ORIGINAL message box
    4. I repeated steps 2 & 3 until I was satisfied with the results
    5. Having made all the corrections in the ORIGINAL message box, I clicked Send.

I've made several entries without a fault (so far)

Now watch this on mess up and make us start all over. Hehe.

Replies:

• Remember Ted's request? -- PeteIM, 00:03:16 04/07/14 Mon
    “How about just dropping a tune and asking everyone else to figure out what they think your theme is? No clues, just a song and leave it to us to figure out where you’re going with it.”

That’s what we’re doing this week. But there are some rules to follow. I will only post one song, but YOU can post up to FOUR songs.

On Tuesday I’ll post another song, again with no hints, other than the song will be in the same theme as my first song. Likewise, YOU will have to post up to five songs that you think are related. Remember, don’t type out what you think the theme is, just post your songs.

If no one guesses the theme by Wednesday, I'll post the answer and everyone will get a digital download as a consolation prize.

Good luck!

By the way, Na Na was supposed to be the B side. Here's how it came about. (from Wikipedia)

To fill up the B-side of the first single, DeCarlo and Leka were asked to cut a throwaway flip side. Their former band mate from the Chateaus, Dale Frashuer, stopped by the studio the night of the recording and inspired Leka to dig up a song the three men had written in 1961 during their Chateaus days but had never recorded. The song was "Kiss Him Goodbye". With DeCarlo as lead vocalist, the trio recorded the song in a single night without the back-up of studio musicians. Deleone used the drum track from one of his other recordings ... and played the keyboard himself. To make the song less palatable to DJ's, they lengthened the song with a repetitive chorus of "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye".

Nobody believed that Na Na was worth anything and since neither Leka or DeCarlo wanted to have their names on it, the song was attributed to a non-existent band that they named Steam. What happened next surprised everybody who was involved in the project. A DJ in Georgia flipped Mercury's promo copy over and played the B side "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" on the radio. Requests to replay the song began to pour in by phone. Then the radio station put the song on its tight play list and other radio stations picked it up. When Mercury Records' promotional department heard that radio stations in the South were playing Na Na, they authorized the purchase of 100,000 copies in order to put it on the Billboard popular hit chart. When radio stations in other states saw the record appear on the Billboard popular hit chart, they picked it up and airplay of the song snowballed. The investment of approximately $50,000 in promotional funds to buy their own records worked for Mercury and "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" reached number one in the United States for two weeks in December 1969.

Song #4: Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

Replies:

• Sunday Chill Time. -- Johnny, 11:04:55 04/06/14 Sun
    A bit of advice. Try listening/watching in 2 hour shifts, I found 10 hours hard going. :)

Replies:

• Winter Is Coming -- Wolfie, 10:54:41 04/06/14 Sun
    Valar Morghulis!

Replies:

• Remember Ted's request? -- PeteIM, 00:33:28 04/06/14 Sun
    “How about just dropping a tune and asking everyone else to figure out what they think your theme is? No clues, just a song and leave it to us to figure out where you’re going with it.”

That’s what we’re doing this week. But there are some rules to follow. I will only post one song, but YOU can post up to THREEsongs.

On Monday I’ll post another song, again with no hints, other than the song will be in the same theme as my first song. Likewise, YOU will have to post up to four songs that you think is related. Remember, don’t type out what you think the theme is, just post your songs.

We’ll continue again on Tuesday until I see the responses are truly related to the theme of my songs.

If anyone posts a written answer, they’ll be disqualified and won’t be eligible to receive the prize for guessing correctly.

What will the prize be? A digital download of some of the artwork from Imagine Magazine, created by TurtleBoy.

Good luck!

Song #3: Toni Basil - Mickey

Replies:

• Someone please call an exorcist.... -- bwctwriter, 20:06:06 04/05/14 Sat
    Satan has possessed my gall bladder and is stabbing it with a red hot, razor sharp pitchfork. :-(

Replies:

• It was twenty years ago today -- Mike84 (), 07:51:21 04/05/14 Sat
    That a great man took his life. 05 April 1994

It was about the same time that I'd first heard of Nirvana. So came as quite a shock when I heard about his death on the news.

Last edited by author: Sat April 05, 2014 07:54:56   Edited 1 time.

Replies:

• Remember Ted's request? -- PeteIM, 00:04:31 04/05/14 Sat

That’s what we’re doing this week. But there are some rules to follow. Just as I will only post one song, that’s all YOU can do as well (only ONE song).

On Sunday I’ll post another song, again with no hints, other than the song will be in the same theme as my first song. Likewise, YOU will have to post a song that you think is related as well. Remember, don’t type out what you think the theme is, just post your song.

We’ll continue again on Monday (and maybe on Tuesday) until I see the responses are truly related to the theme of my songs.

If anyone posts a written answer, they’ll be disqualified and won’t be eligible to receive the prize for guessing correctly.

What will the prize be? A digital download of some of the artwork from Imagine Magazine, created by TurtleBoy.

Good luck!

Song #2: Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rock Star

Replies:

• I would really appreciate this guys :) -- eminem313, 20:36:57 04/04/14 Fri
    I would really love to get the discussion going at Gay Authors about what short stories of Comicality are your guys' favourite. Head on over and check it out and make the discussion more lively! I'm so lonely on the beautiful forums of Gay Authors :P

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/38656-favourite-cosmie-short-story/

• It's funny -- Mike84, 16:30:14 04/04/14 Fri
    Just finished up watching The Walking Dead series (up to the present), which I didn't find particularly appealing the first time I checked it out, but found myself really into it this time.

And now I'm almost at the end of the second series of Breaking Bad. A show I was sure I wouldn't like. Guns, drugs and cancer aren't really things that interest me, but the show somehow manages to incorporate them all and still make it interesting.

Going to check out Game Of Thrones after Breaking Bad. - Another show, like the other two, I didn't get hooked on the first time around. You never know, I might get into that too. Which would be cool, cause there's still a solid five months until Doctor Who returns and I need something to tie me over until then :)

So if anyone has any recommendations, or are looking for recommendations, check out those above if you haven't seen them. Or list your own below.

Oh and there's a show called 'Resurrection' that Matt and a few others have talked about too. Which has been really interesting so far.

I'm sure you can find them all on Netflix or watchseries.it or something similar.

Replies:

• Looking for a 'Friday Night Movie'? -- Ted, 13:24:53 04/04/14 Fri
    Try this one out, if you don't mind subtitles! Patrick, Age 1.5: A Swedish gay couple adopt what they think is an 18-month-old orphan, only to meet their new son, a 15-year-old homophobic delinquent. A fun little RomCom:)

Replies:

• OMG!!!! -- TurtleBoy, 09:53:51 04/04/14 Fri
    Comsie fixed the hell out ta this place! YAY!!!!

Replies:

• Lol a horizontal daisy chain. :) -- Johnny, 05:08:33 04/04/14 Fri

Replies:

• Jimmy is still working with Comsie to get the missing files recreated, so we’re going to pitch in and run the turntable until the Jukebox comes back. -- PeteIM, 00:22:34 04/04/14 Fri
    I got an email from Ted earlier in the week. After he chewed me out royally for the debacle with the Crossover Songs theme, he made a suggestion:

So that’s what we’re doing this week. But there are some rules to follow. Just as I will only post a song, that’s all YOU can do as well (only ONE song).

On Saturday, I’ll post another song, again with no hints, other than the song will be in the same theme as my first song. Likewise, YOU will have to post a song that you think is related as well. Remember, don’t type out what you think the theme is, just post your song.

We’ll continue again on Sunday and Monday (and maybe on Tuesday) until I see the responses are truly related to the theme of my songs.

If anyone post a written answer, they’ll be disqualified and won’t be eligible to receive the prize for guessing correctly.

Good luck!

Song #1: Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag

Replies:

• Something to make us smile... -- Comicality, 19:21:37 04/03/14 Thu

We can all use a smile from time to time, right? :)

BEST thing, Russell Brand has ever done. My personal salute to you...

(Umm...the guy on the right...? He's wearing a t-shirt that says...I'm not kidding..."Priests RAPE boys .com". A member of the Westboro **CHURCH**!!! Listen to me...a CHURCH!!! Is wearing this t-shirt! I actually WRITE stories about high school boys having sex, and I would NEVER wear a t-shirt like that! EVER! This isn't a statement, mind you...this is link to a WEBSITE!!! I'm gonna look that up tonight! :P there might be some hot stuff over there! Thanks homophobe, t-shirt, guy! Hehehe!)

Replies:

• Hope you're OK. x -- Johnny, 17:50:09 04/03/14 Thu

Replies:
  • Talking bout Seattle news -- Jophnny, 17:47:14 04/03/14 Thu
    The fire chief guy with the dark hair that was doing the news updates on the landslip last week was totally hot. I miss him now. :)

Replies:

• A note... -- Comicality, 15:03:31 04/03/14 Thu

There have been problems with Voy lately, and I modified a few settings that I hope will fix the problem tonight. K?

Only time will tell for sure, but I hope that the board can get back to normal.

That's all for now.

I'll see you soon...

Replies:

• *tut tut* Naughty naughty Fox News :P -- Mike84 (), 12:38:29 04/03/14 Thu
    What were you thinking?

You should hire better editors to keep an eye on those images. :P

Last edited by author: Thu April 03, 2014 12:40:24   Edited 1 time.

Replies:

• WTF? -- PeteIM, 21:12:22 04/02/14 Wed

Replies:
  • Let's see if this works... -- PeteIM, 00:13:13 04/02/14 Wed

Replies:

• Yeh now Voy want to track us with their damn captcha. It's not cool. -- Johnny, 12:39:02 04/01/14 Tue

Replies:
  • Okay, who keeps breaking the Voy?! -- TurtleBoy, 20:26:06 03/31/14 Mon
    There's CAPTCHA and disappearing messages and failures to load and arch something's...

I am upset :(

Replies:

• Been catching up with TV. -- Mike84, 13:53:53 03/31/14 Mon
    So I tried 'The Walking Dead' series when it first came out, but for one reason or another, I didn't continue to follow the series. I think I saw the first two or three episodes.

Anyway, I'm half with through season two at the moment. Enjoying it so far. Glad I gave it a second shot and I can see why so many enjoy the show.

Didn't series four finale air last night?

Oh, I'm also up to date with 'Resurrection' now too.

And I'm loving the COSMOS show so far.

It's been a while since so much good stuff was on TV at the same time. Well, I say TV but I watch online.

Replies:

• Since Erickoy has broken de forum again, I'll post a video -- Mike84, 03:47:57 03/31/14 Mon
    Wasn't sure what to post, but I just watched this short interesting clip.

It's a simple look at evolution.

btw, you can still access previous posts by clicking on the numbers on the top right side of this page. Not sure what's happened - but I suspect Erick :P

• Oh .. thats really cool ... already found a History course I want to take! -- Ted, 16:05:54 03/30/14 Sun
    Fun fact: on my favorite bike trail I can see three of the contributing universities at the same time - Harvard to the left, BU across the river to the right and MIT ahead! Wellesley is about an hour by bike in the other direction too, but I'd get all squashed up and mangled trying to cross the highway to get there:) Thanks TB:))

Replies:

• Sunday Chill Time. -- Johnny, 03:08:38 03/30/14 Sun

I’m a bit confuzzled right now, time has gone forward one hour guess I’ll get used to it. Today is Mother’s Day, my parents have been here since last Tuesday which is cool they go back Tuesday then Wednesday they fly off to Barcelona for a week with a couple friends. My bro and me are obviously taking them out today for Mother’s Day Lunch which will mean that if we go for Sunday roast that will be two we’ve had in the past few days, we coaxed her into to doing one the other night. Yeh well since they’ve been gone we don’t get to do the Sunday lunch thing now and even though you can get it in restaurants it’s never the same, it’s a Brit tradition that’s fading fast anyhow but some of us still like it. :) No clubbing last night because of our plans, we did all go out to eat, again. My bro’s gf and Rob came last night but today it will be the 4 of us and our Grandparents. My bro’s gf and Rob will be with their parents. Oh well one night missing clubbing isn’t gonna kill us and it’s a nice day weatherwise today so far……and it’s an hour later than it should be. :)

So as it is Mother’s Day one of my Mum’s fav bands from her younger days, The Cure. It so happens that I like them as well.

Replies:

Archives: 1 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-6
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.