VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3456789 ]

This board is moderated

"Wet Dream Of The Week"
Grant Knoche - This cute teen triple threat is a singer, dancer, and actor, and he is already building up the momentum needed to become a household name! From beginnings on Kidz Bop, to Nickelodean, to being a part of a performing dance group, to his role on the "Chicken Girls" (Yes, I just found out what that was, like, two weeks ago!), Grant Knoche is going to be one to watch in the near future! Wishing you well, dude!

THIS Week's WDotw Pics And Videos!!!

LAST Week's WDotW Pics And Videos!!!

"The Shack Out Back" Now Accepting Voluntary Donations!!!

ComicalityShack YouTube

Comicality Kindle eBooks

Comicality Twitter

You Can ALSO Visit The:

"The Library" Forum
Chatterbox Chatroom
IMAGINE Magazine
"The Vampire Warehouse" Forum
"The Comicality Cafe" Forum

VIEW here / VOTE here

JOIN THE "MAILING LIST" TODAY!!!
(For Instant Story And Site Updates!!!)

[[[ GFD:ROGUE ANGEL TRAILER HERE ]]]

The 'Comicality Shack Out Back' Website

• I suppose I should have started with an introduction. -- William Drake, 13:27:22 03/26/18 Mon
    My name isn't actually William Drake. I chose this name after two people of the same name who fit with my character. The first is William Henry Drake, who illustrated for a reprint version of "The Jungle Book" and "The Second Jungle Book" in 1895. The story was one of my favorites growing up.

The second William Drake was also an illustrator, but also a poet and sexual deviant. He was a great talent of his time, but like most artists, largely unappreciated until after his death. In regards to sexuality William Drake wasn't exactly gay, but he did believe in "free love" where marriage is looked at as slavery and people should be free to sleep with whomever they desire, whether it be male or female or multiples of each.

When you put these two together it tells you a lot about myself. I love animals and art and stories, and I'm overly conflicted with my sexuality. It's nice to know that this guy from so long ago was in a very similar situation. So that's why I chose the name.

Some things about me are I'm a university student halfway through schooling, I actually enjoy research and studying, I love reading and watching mysteries, and I love mountain biking.

Sorry I came on a bit strong previously. I tend to do that a lot.

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• April 1st, 2018 -- Comicality, 22:38:34 03/26/18 Mon

Hehehe, see? I told ya, it wasn't a joke! :P

https://youtu.be/sEUHXJ_MpyM

A wide variety of related and unrelated stories are coming to the Shack website! So be ready! You've never seen "Gone From Daylight" like this before!

Now, of course, when I started putting this whole thing together, there actually WAS a "Blood Bank" for you guys to go to! Hehehe, but due to recent events, technology screwed us all over and the site is down at the moment. But I a working HARD, every single day, to get a new home for the site to get back online! I don't sleep anyway, hehehe! So this is my number one priority in life! I mean, seriously...what 'else' do I have to do with my time? :P

Anyway, you guys will be the FIRST to know when a new Blood Bank is set up! K? I'll sacrifice food, water, and sleep, to make it happen! Just bear with me for now! K?

Seezya soon! And look for new vampire updates starting next week.

Replies:

• Just so no one panics... The chatroom will be going down in about 4 hours... -- bwctwriter, 03:26:11 03/28/18 Wed
    Apparently the host is making upgrades to safeguard against those recent exploits that came out in recent months... It's in about 3.5 hrs, by my calculations... I WON'T likely be awake at this time, so I'll have to reboot everything when I wake up.. Just wanted you all to know so no one panics. :-)

--Rev

Replies:

• Cool! I'm in! :) -- Comicality, 15:33:24 03/28/18 Wed

I'd be interested to check this out. It's definitely my kind of thing!

https://youtu.be/tN8o_E_f9FQ

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 15:16:35 03/26/18 Mon

" />

This Week:

The 'Eagle Eyes & Legalize' Kiss!

• New from Ruel! :) -- Comicality, 16:04:36 03/28/18 Wed

I'm really curious to know what his first album is going to sound like. He seems to be able to do almost anything and make it sound good. I hope they let him write a decent amount of his own stuff. He's got interesting things to say. ((Hugz))

https://youtu.be/1L7-7A1kE84

Replies:

• ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~ -- Comicality, 15:29:05 03/26/18 Mon

This week's 3M let's me know that I would be TOTALLY lost in this situation.

"A Boy Called Po"

"A Boy Called Po" is a quiet movie, but definitely delivers the experience of what it must be like to be a single parent, dealing with a tragedy while raising a child with autism. I can't imagine what it must be like to not be able to fully connect with someone that you truly love and want to take care of. It's a challenge that I think would be beyond me.

The movie is about an engineer father who's wife has just passed away from an illness, and he's been left to care for their son on his own. It's clear that he loves the boy with all his heart, but money is tight, projects have to be completed at work so he can keep his job, and he's still trying to deal with the untimely death of his wife. Meanwhile, his son seems to be drifting more and more, and may reach a point where he retreats so far into his autism that there will be no way to retrieve him or get him to come back. Making for a nearly impossible challenge to be dealt with while the clock is ticking.

Now, this movie has it's comical parts...but it's not a comedy. It definitely has it's sad parts...but it's not depressing where it'll bring you down for a week and a half after watching. Promise. It's just an in depth look at a loving parent who is trying to balance work, finances, and 'life', all while pouring as much love and attention into his son as he possibly can. It takes patience, and strength, and I found myself really appreciating that as I watched this movie. What can I say? I was moved. :)

So, feel free to check it out when you get a chance! And enjoy!

Replies:

• YES!!!! I *LOVE* this show!!! -- Comicality, 16:17:32 03/26/18 Mon

I was a little worried because it takes so long to shoot a new season of this show! The fight choreography is TOP NOTCH, and it takes a lot of time to film, so we only get a new season every year and a half to two years. But season 3 is coming!!! And it's only a few weeks away! I had NO idea! Sweet!

If you've never seen "Into The Badlands", it's like...ummm...."Mad Max", mixed with "Django Unchained", mixed with "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"! Sorta. That's all I can come up with on the spot! But this show is badass! Start at season one and check it out!

By the way, those black eyed, super kung fu, kids are creepy as shit! LOL!

https://youtu.be/49lzyDogKE4

Replies:

• WDotW For 3/27 -- Comicality, 15:30:56 03/26/18 Mon

Hehehe, I could stare at those dark brown eyes for hours! ::Blush:: He'd NEVER win a staring contest with me! Just sayin'...

:P

Replies:

• Hehehe, Happy Spring Break Shackers! :) -- Comicality, 00:41:52 03/26/18 Mon

To some of our teen and college Shackers out there...enjoy some sunshine this week! Get in some serious 'play time', K?

((Hugz))

https://youtu.be/yG96RttfZtM

• VERY cool! :) -- Comicality, 20:52:15 03/23/18 Fri

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this show at first. But I was skeptical over how 'Gotham' was going to turn out when Batman started off so young, and I LOVE that show! But a Superman show with no Superman at all? Not even as a baby?

I can honestly say that this convinced me! I haven't seen the premiere yet, but I will definitely go looking for it soon! Could be badass!

https://youtu.be/sOwixcPRUYk

• Chatroom -- Akoplay, 14:19:23 03/24/18 Sat
    Hey guys!

When I'm logged in the chatroom and there's no one, I keep connected but do other stuff. (Not gonna stare at my screen contemplating the emptiness. :p ) If I get involved in that other stuff, I can then forget to check if someone connected. And sometimes, when I remember to check, I see that someone connected said "hello" and sometimes other stuff, but no one answered and they left. So... When you connect and you see that some people are idling and aren't talking even though they aren't talking (I know Com hates that, but honestly if I keep connected it's in the hope that someone will come), write their names to get their attention. I know in my case, it'll get my attention at least 70% of the times.

Replies:

• WDotW For 3/19 -- Comicality, 11:43:45 03/19/18 Mon

I just looked up when the original version of this show first came out! Yikes! How do I even remember that? Hehehe, I must have been a fan. A very, VERY, young fan! :O

Replies:

• Just a heads up.... -- Lacey, 09:44:33 03/17/18 Sat
    Unless you're 100% sure you know someone online, DONT give out your information. A cyber psycho can find out a lot from just a little bit about you. Trust me, I know and life is hell right now.

Replies:

• Soon... -- Comicality, 01:36:12 03/19/18 Mon

• ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~ -- Comicality, 11:41:18 03/19/18 Mon

Hehehe! You know, I've been so wrapped up in "Gotham" over the past few years, I had forgotten how TINY David Mazouz was on this show! LOL!

"Touch" The Series

What do I say about "Touch"? On one hand, there are so many little plot points, twists, and secrets, that it's hard to mention anything without giving away spoilers. On the other hand, the theme of the show is so big that it's hard to say enough about it once I get started. Hehehe, so I'll try to keep things short and sweet.

Shortly after one of my favorite TV shows of all time had it's last season ("24"), I was interested to see what Kiefer Sutherland's newest TV show was going to be like, and I was pleasantly surprised. He plays a single father of a young boy with Autism, and grieving after his wife died in the 9/11 attacks on New York. David Mazouz plays his son, and does an absolutely amazing job, especially considering that he doesn't speak a single word at all (With the exception of some narration, which is for us as the audience, and not the other characters in the show).

What happens is...the son's autism may be linked to the fact that his mind has actually tapped into the infinite patterns of creation itself. The entire universe. How do you put something like that into words? How do you find a way relate to other people? And once his father discovers this with the help of a mentor who has seen this sort of behavior before, the entire series becomes a series of riddles and mysteries where both father and son are trying to find a way to communicate with one another, and prevent a number of huge catastrophes, thereby making the world a better place overall.

This series was put together by the creator of the show "Heroes", and what really stands out is the way that the writing and the seemingly detached events are all connected somehow. Even in different parts of the world. You ACTUALLY begin to see the pattern, but not until the end of every episode. I have to admit that 80% o the first season's episodes had me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, and some even had me kinda choked up! Seriously, it's something that I think everyone should give a shot! It's a fascinating idea, and a good time trying to figure out the puzzles and connectivity of events from episode to episode.

Unfortunately, this only lasted 2 seasons before it was cancelled. Season 1 is EXCELLENT! And Season 2 tried to expand on the idea a bit, but even though there were a lot of cool moments and ideas in that second season...it just didn't have the magic of the first. And it was left open ended, which always sucks. :P

But season one can stand on its own, and it'll make you think, make you feel, and give you a different perspective on how life works in general. Check it out! And enjoy! :)

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 11:14:37 03/19/18 Mon

This Week:

The 'Full Willy Workout' Kiss!

• Was Saint Patrick gay? -- PeteIM, 15:15:46 03/17/18 Sat

The LGBTQ Nation poses the possibility...

One of us: St. Patrick’s place in gay history

• Hi folks! -- Dom, 13:44:53 03/17/18 Sat
    yup still alive... question though, is there an issue accessing the chat rooms or have the details changed as cant get in at all?

Replies:

• Yay...Happy Birthday to me...I'm just...Yay -- Dwayne (Depressed), 21:12:56 03/08/18 Thu

Replies:

• Getting ready to watch 'Star Wars: the last Jedi' and gonna heat up some "Hoth Pockets"🤪 MMMM...YummY -- Dwayne, 21:06:51 03/17/18 Sat

• Whoah! Holy shit!!! :O -- Comicality, 21:15:28 03/16/18 Fri

I will admit, I stopped watching "Fear The Walking Dead" because the show went in a direction that I wasn't really engaged in at the time. And despite promise to crossover with the "Walking Dead" show, I didn't see it happening anytime soon.

BUT...if they're gonna bring MORGAN in to the next season, and link the main show with the spinoff through him??? That's BRILLIANT! I might have to check back in and catch up with the storyline now! XD

Oh God, his opening monologue? I REMEMBER that from season one of The Walking Dead! Kick ass!

https://youtu.be/IMNiJ8mO5vw

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 03:41:19 03/12/18 Mon

This Week:

The 'BACKWARDS CAPS LOCK' Kiss!

• How does this movie keep getting more and more epic? :O -- Comicality, 09:40:50 03/16/18 Fri

Ok! I'm already sold! No more! I'm there! XD

https://youtu.be/QwievZ1Tx-8

Replies:

• Here's a story we might not have expected... -- PeteIM, 14:50:39 03/16/18 Fri

Inside the [St Louis] Post-Dispatch podcast - The powerful story of a gay high school football star
    https://youtu.be/eyPF_qBKsjg

Replies:

• Johnny, seriously... You need to find more things to fill out your day. ;-) -- "Anonymous" ;-), 22:05:51 03/15/18 Thu

Replies:
  • Just something to uplift your spirits... -- Comicality, 16:21:29 03/15/18 Thu

Because it's needed every now and then. Hehehe! People will find a way to take issue with you, no matter who you are or what you do. And you might never understand why. But don't let that mentality defeat you. Follow your heart, and be the best person you can be, whether people decide to hate you for it or not. Reach for the stars. Believe in yourselves. And let the people trying to bring you down stay at the bottom of the barrel where they belong.

https://youtu.be/nlqrj0gmhjM

Replies:

• Okay...so...an update... -- Comicality, 20:38:08 03/14/18 Wed

Despite the most valiant of attempts, this server problem is basically shutting us down again and again, and I don't expect anyone to put up with the frustration of trying to keep things running smoothly under the current circumstances. My DEEPEST apologies for the inconvenience, you guys! I'm not a techy guy, myself, but I will do some research and see if I can tackle this problem on my own. I'll take the added pressure on my shoulders, and do my best to keep things running smoothly from now and into the future. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that, but I'll start doing my research this weekend and learning how to keep up with the momentum that we've worked so hard to build over the past six months or so! And I might have to dig into my 'go home to Chicago' savings, but I truly believe in this project, and I'm passionate about getting it to work. This is a project that is bigger than I am. And, much like when I first started the Shack online, I am dedicated to doing whatever I can to make a difference any way that I can.

I don't need money. I don't sleep. I don't need protection from online bullies. I just need to know that I did all I could to help out, and provide guidance for others when I had the chance.

I didn't have a Shack Out Back when I was growing up. You guys do. I don't want to let you down in providing that for you.

More info to come as I get things in order. If you guys know of servers that might host Imagine Magazine, the ebooks, and the GFD: Blood Bank...please let me know at Comicality@webtv.net as soon as possible! I don't sleep! Hehehe! So I'll start setting things up IMMEDIATELY! I might even get April's issue up in time for the 1st! Dare me to do it? Let me know! I bet I'll surprise ya! I'm working HARD, dammit!!! LOL! I'll get it done!

Anyway...soooo sorry for the bullshit, you guys. It happens. I'll fix it. Promise.

Replies:

• I'm only half-way through, but I can already tell how great this movie is... -- bwctwriter, 22:41:10 03/13/18 Tue
    I really REALLY doubt this movie has been mentioned here before, but anywho... I'll just paste the synopsis in here, with the trailer, and let yall decide for yourselves if it's worth watching. :-)
    Football (Soccer for us American folk :-p ) star Charlie has the world at his feet. With a top club desperate to sign him, his future is seemingly mapped out. But the teenager only sees a nightmare. Trapped in the body of a boy, Charlie is torn between wanting to live up to her father's expectations and shedding this ill fitting skin. Charlie's next move will tear the family apart and threaten everything they hold dear.
    It's a touching, emotional story about a boy's transition from the prison of his biological sex to the freedom of authentic gender expression... I can't say much more than that, cuz I really DON'T know how it's going to end... But I'm sure at least some of you Shackers will enjoy it. :-)

Replies:

• Gah! Wait...I'm not caught up yet! :O -- Comicality, 02:11:35 03/13/18 Tue

I've been seriously exhausted lately. So I'm only three episodes into season 2 of "Jessica Jones" so far! Which is nicely filling in the gap between "Black Panther" and "Avengers: Infinity War"! Now "Luke Cage" season 2 is coming to fill in the gap between "Infinity War" and "Ant-Man and Wasp"! And "Iron Fist" will probably fill in the gap between "Ant-Man and Wasp" and "Captain Marvel"! Huff huff...slow down! I'm coming! Gotta run faster! ::Taps Into The Speed Force::

https://youtu.be/FU4Xn__5Qjg

• WDotW For 3/12 -- Comicality, 03:53:17 03/12/18 Mon

Hehehe, seriously...he's got a personality that just entertain the hell out of me! I just want to hear him talk for hours on end! ::Giggles::

Replies:

• ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~ -- Comicality, 03:51:06 03/12/18 Mon

Sometimes, I think about what a natural talent Anton Yelchin was, and I miss him. R.I.P. to a great loss, gone way before his time...

"House Of D"

I always thought this underrated coming of age movie had some real heart to it. Figured I'd share! :)

The movie stars the late Anton Yelchin as a growing boy in the 70's, who lives with his mom and maintains a very close friendship with Robin Williams' character, a grown up with the mentality of a child. The two have shared an amazing bond over the years, but as the boy grows up and 'girls' become a factor in his life...conflicts begin. And what happens from there makes for a heartwarming movie, although a bit sad in some parts. So prepare for that. Not depressing or traumatic...just sad.

Also,major kudos to R&B songstress, Erykah Badu, who was awesome in this movie as well! :)

So, check it out some time, and get some warm fuzzies to make you smile. Enjoy!

Replies:

• Taylor Hanson and his eldest son Ezra Hanson -- Fan, 19:00:19 03/11/18 Sun
    Damn, those genes man! haha how much for a pair of cromosomes? xD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Replies:

• The reason you people in Canada and the US are showing up late for everything is that you forgot to set your clocks forward an hour for Daylight Saving Time. -- PeteIM, 16:04:44 03/11/18 Sun
    Most of Europe won’t do it for a couple more weeks.

And to all the Mums in the UK and Ireland,

• So, a full trailer has been released for "Lost In Space"... -- Comicality, 23:53:26 03/06/18 Tue

Hmmm...I still like it, and I'm super excited to see it, but they made a few weird choices with the look and story behind the robot. I mean, Will Robinson and the robot are, like, THE central part of the whole show. So...no prejudgments, it might still turn out to be awesome. I just thought it was an odd decision to make. We'll see what happens.

https://youtu.be/fzmM0AB60QQ

Replies:

• Garrett Wareing goes all out for trippy new 80's style sci fi movie! -- Comicality, 18:09:44 03/09/18 Fri

This looks weird! But I'm in. It's good to have a good mind freak every now and then. :)

Plus...Garrett Wareing shirtless. Hehehe, so there's that! :P

https://youtu.be/_-o2TCHg9cg

Replies:

• 'Technical Difficulties'.... -- Comicality, 02:39:03 03/08/18 Thu

Now, I'm not exactly sure what is going on or why, because me and 'technology' are passing acquaintances! Hehehe, an occasional Grindr hook up at best! :P

But I wanted to put out a short note to let all of you guys know what was going on so you don't flip out on me. Hehehe!

There has been a recent issue on the site, and it might take some time to fix, as it's not an easy problem to deal with. So please be patient as things work their way to getting back to normal. My apologies for the inconvenience, but hang in there with me, k?

Now, this is a server problem, not a site problem. So...for the time being, Imagine Magazine, The GFD: Blood Bank, The Comicality eBook section, and a few other popular sections of the site are currently offline. I will make sure to let you all know the second that there are any new developments on this situation, but until then, please bear with us. Cool?

Love you all! And we won't be slowing down! More stories will be posted on Monday morning! This is just a hiccup in the master plan for now. Stay tuned for more info as I get it. And SUPER thanks for your love and support! Hehehe, and big hugs to even MORE new visitors!!! Including a few of you who are just months away from prom and graduation! Congrats! My heart is with you!

AND...I was super anxious to finally reach the 350 Subscriber mark on the ComicalityShack YouTube channel...and I think I missed it! LMAO!!! I'm now sitting at 353! That was just in the last two weeks! So THANK YOU guys for being a part of the family! MWAH!!! It's good to meet ya! And feel free to jump in wherever and whenever you like! Not that I don't love keeping you guys all to myself! Hehehe! That part is fun too! :P

Seezya soon!

Ps- While things are settling down behind the scenes, I'm going to do my best to get another email marathon going this weekend! So I hope to talk to you guys soon! Cool? The show must go on. XD

Replies:

• ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~ -- Comicality, 17:27:25 03/05/18 Mon

I went looking for something a little different...and ended up finding one of the COOLEST action sci fi thrillers that I've seen in the last few years!

"What Happened To Monday?"

Now...depending on where you live or where you get it from, this movie may also be under the name, "Seven Sisters". That's how I was able to find it. It has now been taken up by Netflix, and I can understand why. This movie looked cool from the trailers, but it went beyond my expectations in terms of story, drama, action...I REALLY liked this one!

It takes place in a future that is dealing with the threat of severe overpopulation. Resources are getting scarce, cities are becoming crowded...the government has a solution! (Don't they always?) This new agency has created a 'one child' policy for every family on the planet. So...you have one kid, and that's it. You're done. (Sorry, 'octo-mom'! That shit's just not gonna fly anymore!) And if you have more than one child, even by accident...they get put into cryo sleep, and aren't allowed to come out until the world's resources have been replenished many years from now. Then they'll be allowed into society. Ummm...'allegedly'.

However, it was the genetically modified foods that were being created for the population that caused some rather rare birth patterns in many patterns...leading to one grandfather who's daughter gave birth to SEVEN identical children! Septuplets...which would normally mean that six of them have got to go. That's a pretty harsh blow to a family. So he hides the seven girls away for years, making sure their 'crime' won't be uncovered by the government. He names each one after a day of the week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...and each girl is only allowed to leave the house on their specific day of the week. Since they're all identical, they all share one public identity. One that must be consistent from day to day, even though it's a different sister playing the role.

However, when Monday doesn't come home one night...the other six sisters have to solve the mystery of what happened to her. Because if she was in an accident or something bad takes place and the world thinks she's dead...well the other sisters can't just go walking around pretending to be her, now can they? So, as they go looking for their missing sister, others begin to catch on to the fact that there's something strange going on here. And once the agency begins to follow up on its suspicions, they begin hunting the remaining sisters down...not to put them to sleep...but to MURDER them!

For any sci fir thriller fan, this movie is going to be intense! Once things get started, they just keep building up until the very end. All of the sisters are very smart, some more intellectual, some more tech savvy, some are strong fighters, some are natural charmers. But there are some really awesome situations going on in this movie. And all seven sisters are played by the SAME actress (Noomi Rapace)! And wow...between her many performances and flawless special effects, you seriously can't tell that it's all the same person with seven personalities! Amazing! So check it out! Enjoy! This is a Friday night premiere movie, folks! See it with your friends! Trailer down below! :)

Replies:

• WDotW For 3/5 -- Comicality, 17:29:09 03/05/18 Mon

Awwww! I hope he does well. A few more videos and a good album will make sure the girls go bonkers for him. The boys too! :)

Replies:

• Welcome back, Ulrik Munther! :) -- Comicality, 02:12:14 03/04/18 Sun

I missed ya, dude! If you've never heard him, he's like...the Scandanavian 'Taylor Hanson', basically! Very cool! Very talented! Very cute!

A winning combo!

This new single was released last week...

https://youtu.be/_AQyryf8PQg

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 16:59:42 03/05/18 Mon

This Week:

The 'Kiss N' Carry' Kiss!

Replies:

• LONDON (AP) — It was a typical British afternoon in early May: wet, cool and blustery. Not exactly the ideal conditions for running four laps around a track faster than many thought humanly possible... -- PeteIM, 15:06:23 03/04/18 Sun
    A lanky Oxford medical student named Roger Bannister looked up at the white-and-red English flag whipping in the wind atop a nearby church and figured he would have to call off the record attempt.

But then, shortly after 6 p.m. on May 6, 1954, the wind subsided. Bannister glanced up again and saw the flag fluttering oh-so gently. The race was on.

With two friends acting as pacemakers, Bannister churned around the cinder track four times. His long arms and legs pumping, his lungs gasping for air, he put on a furious kick over the final 300 yards and nearly collapsed as he crossed the finish line.

The announcer read out the time:

"3..."

The rest was drowned out by the roar of the crowd. The 3 was all that mattered.

Bannister had just become the first runner to break the mythical 4-minute barrier in the mile — a feat of speed and endurance that stands as one of the seminal sporting achievements of the 20th century.

Roger Bannister has died at 88. Thank you Roger, for making us try harder. Rest in Peace.

Read the rest at:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/roger-bannister-first-run-mile-under-4-minutes-114952951--spt.html?.tsrc=bell-brknews

• Never Again MSD | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) -- PeteIM, 17:33:07 03/04/18 Sun
    https://youtu.be/jcsKMie6M94

@davidhogg111 (Left) and @cameron_kasky (Right)

Both of the gentlemen are 17, but I don't know if they will be old enough to vote in the November Midterm Elections. (Cameron's Twitter page says that he was born on November 11. The Midterm Election is on November 6, so that leaves him out if he is 17 today.) Their senator, Marco Rubio, is up for reelection and he has sidestepped the issue of gun control multiple times. Sen Rubio has also received more that $3,000,000 from the NRA.

• Home from the hospital after a couple weeks of yuckiness... -- bwctwriter, 05:39:56 03/04/18 Sun
    Only to be treated to more yuckiness. :-p

So, overall, my surgery had some complications, but I'm well enough to be home to recover. Yay me! :-p
    I dunno what to say, so I'll just go. LOL... Love yall!

Replies:

• Looking for an article for April's Imagine! -- Comicality, 05:34:24 03/02/18 Fri

We're always looking for some new submissions every month! And I was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to do a couple minutes' worth of research online, and possibly write an article on Troye Sivan for a future issue of Imagine Magazine! From his beginnings as a singer on YouTube, to playing a young 'Wolverine' in "X-Men: Origins", to coming out of the closet online, to being the superstar that he is today!

Let me know if any of you guys are interested! We'd love to have Troye be a part of the Magazine if possible! So drop me a line if you're SERIOUS about maybe writing up an article on him, and we'll make it happen. K?

Also looking for anyone who would like to write on topics such as TV shows like "Skam", "Queer As Folk", or "Eye Witness"! Cool? Hope to hear from ya soon!

Sighhh...Troye... :P

https://youtu.be/k5TqNsr6YuQ

• Hmmmm....I think he thought this cartoon was 'gay'... -- Comicality, 05:40:26 03/03/18 Sat

I can't be sure of it, but...I get the feeling that he got a 'gay' vibe from this animated short. Weird, right?

https://youtu.be/5C3wizfChRo

• Imagine Magazine #38 -- Comicality, 23:53:48 03/01/18 Thu

https://imagine-magazine.org/

It is the first of the month, and that means a whole new issue of Imagine Magazine is ready and waiting for ya! So put on your safety goggles and go give it a read! XD

We've got a bunch of brand new articles for you to read, new chapters of your favorite Imagine series, including "Portals" by Binneyan Smith, "The Auranades" by Chad Blackman, and "Seashells" by MrM! You will also find a new chapter of "Shelter" waiting for you, and a new Daydream short story called, "The Kissing Game"!

This month's featured author is VampireMystic! So check out the beginning of his brand new series, "2-14-9x", followed by an author to author interview directly after!

So go have fun! Let us know what you think by leaving comments below, and ask yourself the question...is Comicality starting a CULT, or what? Anything's possible, right? Hehehe!

As always, Imagine is ALWAYS accepting submissions from you guys! Got a short story or series? Book or movie review? Poetry or artwork? Articles to offer on LGBT issues or gay teen interests? Let us know so we can save you a spot!

And submissions just got easier!

Now you can make submissions directly to the magazine on your own! In fact, you can even do so anonymously if you want! Look for more details on the submissions page at https://imagine-magazine.org/submissions/ to find out more! Get your work read and promoted for free! How cool is that?

And if you want to do it the old fashioned way, you can still send your stuff in to contact@imagine-magazine.org and we'll get it. Your emails will only be seen by me (The 'creative' Guy), Pete (The 'Editor' Guy), and TurtleBoy (The 'Tech' Guy)! That's it! Cool?

Enjoy the new issue! And come back on April 1st for issue #39! We're on a roll now, people! Come party with us!

Seezya soon!

Replies:

• Well...tonight is the night! (Anxious) -- Comicality, 00:52:07 02/25/18 Sun

And I will be getting home JUST in time to kick my shoes off and watch! I'm almost kinda nervous about it! Hehehe!

The Walking Dead premier is tonight, and...WOW! Look at Chandler! Damn, boy! :P Where did the time go? Mwah!

Anyway, don't watch this if you aren't up to date, as there are major spoilers within! But still, he got all grown up and yummy! Can't wait!

https://youtu.be/GZPCstQLSxc

Replies:

• Here's a step in the right direction... -- PeteIM, 16:43:55 02/28/18 Wed

They're also ceasing the sale of high capacity magazines, AND they're not going to sell guns of any kind to persons under 21.

Dick's Sporting Goods to no longer sell assault-style rifles
    https://youtu.be/gXA9l7wFVmU

Replies:

• Yeah, so this is a thing... -- Comicality, 15:43:32 02/28/18 Wed

Just figured I'd put it here, in case certain people were reading. Because, while everybody may not notice this kind of behavior...after playing a pseudo-therapist for the past 20 years online, it's extremely transparent to me. So, give it a listen. Is this 'you'?

You can change, you know? You can calm down, you can evolve, and you can be better. Just saying...

https://youtu.be/F_mk9BvJRRM

Replies:

• Trump had 5 deferments to keep him out of the U.S. Army. Now he's the Commander-in-Chief... -- PeteIM, 02:41:28 02/27/18 Tue
    So if he wouldn't go to war when he was in his physical prime, I'm certain that he wouldn't have done anything as a septuagenarian.

Trump, Parkland and the #NeverAgain Movement: A Closer Look
    https://youtu.be/m6qubM54PtE

• Wow...they nailed EVERY song! :O -- Comicality, 17:53:16 02/28/18 Wed

AWESOME mash up! But then again, I'm a fan of both, so I expected nothing less. Well done, you two! :)

https://youtu.be/AoQMHzkj2x0

• LOL! Oh...so that's how we begin to solve this! XD -- Comicality, 03:16:08 02/28/18 Wed

https://youtu.be/yJqfNroFp8U

Very true. If the slaves had guns? No more slavery. If the Jews had guns? No more Holocaust. If the Native Americans had guns? No America! This is all starting to make sense now. ::Nods::

Besides...what are we gonna do when the ALIENS invade? :P

Replies:

• Hehehe! For Shadow086 -- Comicality, 18:41:01 02/26/18 Mon

In response to wanting to hear more about 'Comsiology', I created a fake religion based mostly on the lessons and philosophy of the stories on this site (I'm pretty sure "Billy Chase" alone is Bible length), with a 'Boy Pope' that can be no older than the age of 17, and promises a life of good feelings and ice cream on Sundays! ::Nods::

The idea came from a John Oliver sketch on religion, and it's true...you actually CAN form your own religion! There's no law saying you can't. And it makes you tax exempt! (Sorry, Koch brothers...if you want to rob me, you'll have to buy a gun and wait hours in a dark alley like everybody else!)

https://youtu.be/l2cLNi_Q3WU

THIS is the Temple of Comsiology's symbol:

And yes...that IS a circumsized penis and two balls! You didn't imagine that! LOL!

Replies:

• I don't think Chicagoan Oscar Brown Jr. would have wanted his song, The Snake, to be used as an anti-immigration anthem... -- PeteIM, 03:21:19 02/27/18 Tue

But that's what President Trump is trying to make it. He's read the lyrics at rallies for the last year, most recently in Cedar Falls, Iowa.

I don't think that either Oscar Brown Jr. or Al Wilson would have wanted anything to do with this.

Al Wilson - The Snake (1968)
    https://youtu.be/Xd82HxYyHZg

Here's Trump's reading of the lyrics:
    https://youtu.be/Sy9_r2Rzrc0

• I have a slightly larger Imagine activity in mind. -- TurtleBoy, 19:16:32 02/24/18 Sat
    Planning it out is proving to be a lot of work, and it would span over a few issues. While it would involve a lot of work, I think it'll be lots of fun. Of course, what I think would be lots of fun and what everyone else thinks will be fun are completely different things, so before I put more work into it I'd like to see if there's at least a couple of people interested.

Here's the idea: Create your own country (or world, if you want).

You'll start with the basics - setting: what era your world takes place in (similar to our past or present, futuristic, alien, whatever), then move on to building things like deciding government and economical structure, as well as religions (if any), et cetera, et cetera.

By the time we're done, we'll have a whole bunch of different countries (or worlds) and get to see how they all work. They can be used for stories, collaborations, or just for fun.

Anywho, I'm still planning it all out, so I'm not sure how it'll be presented or even when, but I'd like to see any of you folks would be interested in participating. Keeping in mind that saying that it sounds interesting doesn't mean you have to participate when it's ready. I just want to figure out if the idea is worth pursuing.

Let me know?

Replies:

• A status report from the hospital bed of The Rev... :-p -- bwctwriter, 09:49:14 02/25/18 Sun
    So, I had my shunt surgery on the 13th... And when they were yanking the old hardware out of there, I had some excessive bleeding... So, Obviously, they couldn't just swap out one shunt for another til the bleeding stopped... Anywho... So I had an external drain placed that day (as I coincidentally had in '06) and have been waiting for my cerebrospinal fluid to clear up ever since. I had another scan today, and if they're satisfied with the results, I should be having another surgery to put in a new shunt early this week... If not... LATE this week? Early NEXT week?? Who knows... But... At least I got my lappy and my phone to keep me occupied! Whew!

That's all for now! I'll post more when I know more!
    --Rev

Replies:

• Something I wanted to share... -- Comicality, 02:34:22 02/26/18 Mon

This is from about 2 or 3 years ago, and filmed, written, and produced by 14 year old filmmaker with Aspergers, who was dealing with bullying in his school for being different.

Way to go, Ryan Wiggins! Message received! ((Hugz))

https://youtu.be/T2wO9_7zPYw

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 04:44:47 02/26/18 Mon

This Week:

The 'Fanfic Potter/Weasley' Kiss!

Replies:

• ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~ -- Comicality, 05:21:41 02/26/18 Mon

Got a free Saturday afternoon? Let's watch some asses get kicked! Hehehe!

"Kill Order"

So, what do you do if you found out that you were a highly gifted assassin with nearly supernatural abilities? Hehehe! Especially if you were being chased by those who submitted you for the experiment! Yeah. I'd kick their asses too! :P

I've got to run soon, but even though this movie doesn't have the big budget of some of the blockbusters, and it has its flaws...I'd still say that it was worth checking out on an afternoon when you've got nothing else to do. Hehehe! I enjoyed it. Maybe you will too!

Replies:

• Sweet! You know, I've never read this book... -- Comicality, 22:47:10 02/26/18 Mon

But it is considered to be one of the most thought provoking sci fi novels of our time! Usually, this story and Orwell's "1984" are spoken in the same breath. So I' interested to check this out. And with Michael B Jordan AND Michael Shannon??? That's bound to be intense!

https://youtu.be/UEhsFEgsI5U

Replies:

• WDotW For 2/26 -- Comicality, 05:29:45 02/26/18 Mon

Awww, he's gonna be even cuter than his brother! I'm calling it! Hehehe! :P

Replies:

• Wayne LaPierre of the NRA says that the only way to beat a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun... -- PeteIM, 12:02:18 02/23/18 Fri

Here's how that worked at Stoneman Douglas High:

The police officer assigned to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School resigned Thursday, under investigation for failing to enter the building as a gunman opened fire and killed 17 people.

https://youtu.be/715AWqyIWD4

Read more here:
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-shooting-sro-20180222-story.html

Replies:

• From Colbert last night... -- PeteIM, 16:32:13 02/23/18 Fri

The Kids From Florida Aren't Acting
    https://youtu.be/Uu9ox9CPpMg

Replies:

• Tonight at work... -- Comicality, 02:01:07 02/21/18 Wed

...I had a (slightly) older lady tell me, "I like your accent. And you have really pretty eyes." And the first thought that came to my mind was...

"DANGIT!!! I do NOT have an accent!" >:O

I'm from Chicago! It's not like I came out of Brooklyn or Boston somewhere. Hehehe, where are people getting this from?

Anyways, it's been a long past few days but I have Wednesday off. Maybe I can get something done at long last!

Oh, and here's a new flick you might want to keep an eye out for! (Giggles as he sees the look on TurtleBoy's face! Beat ya...again. LOL!)

https://youtu.be/YTJrFqoslaI

Replies:

• What can high school students do about shootings? -- PeteIM, 22:34:18 02/18/18 Sun
    For several years now, I've promoted registering to vote and then showing up at the polls. If you will be 18 on or beffore November 6, 2018, I encourage you to register to vote. It is your right, and with what has been happening in the US since Columbine, it is your DUTY. I don't care who you vote for. I just want you to get out and vote. Pay attention to the issues in your community and vote for the candidate who shares your interests. In some states, including my state of Illinois, if you will be 18 by November 6, 2018, you can vote in the primaries/caucusses in your state. Here is a list of the states that allow 17-year-olds to vote in primaries:
    http://www.fairvote.org/primary_voting_at_age_17#state_by_state_map_congressional_elections

And here is a list of all the primaries and caucusses in 2018:
    http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/2018-state-primary-election-dates.aspx

YOU - a teenager - CAN make a difference. Emma Gonzalez did.

Emma Gonzalez, a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School gave a powerful speech at an anti-gun rally on Saturday, February 17, 2018, calling "BS" on lawmakers and gun advocates. This comes after 17 people were killed in a school shooting in Parkland, Fla. on Feb. 14.

'We call BS': Florida students demand stricter gun control laws
    https://youtu.be/5cK9ie9SFjk

Replies:

• Sweet! I've been waiting for this... -- Comicality, 14:53:38 02/21/18 Wed

I used to LOVE watching reruns of this show when I was little! I even liked the movie version that critics hated so much. I wish they could show more! I wanna see what a new Netflix version would be like!

https://youtu.be/I5X3vC-XsU0

Replies:

• This looks like fun... -- PeteIM, 20:18:33 02/19/18 Mon

Love, Simon | Official Trailer 2
    https://youtu.be/E0cbWdlQg_8

Replies:

• Just because. :) -- Comicality, 02:57:23 02/20/18 Tue

It's important to me to say that I love you all every once in a while. Hehehe! Why not? Call it a fetish of mine. What am I hording my affection for? I've got enough love in my heart to go around. I'm sur you do too.

Feel good today. K? Life is beautiful...and so are you. Just as you are. Never forget that. K?

https://youtu.be/omadTZg2ask

Replies:

• :O You can now give IMAGINE all your submission directly to the website! -- TurtleBoy, 15:57:38 02/19/18 Mon
    To make it easier on everyone, I've added a form to the IMAGINE website so that you can send stuff in directly to the website, without even using an email address, if you don't want to. All that's needed is, well, the submission. If you're interested, there's a bit more information on the page itself. I don't want to be too redundant.

https://imagine-magazine.org/submissions/ There's also a "Write" link in the menu on every page that brings you right there.

If you don't like forms, you can still send your stuff in to contact@imagine-magazine.org (A copy gets forwarded to Com, Pete, and myself.) Also, don't pay attention to deadlines. If it's too late for one issue, it'll show up on the next.

• I cut the cable a while back... -- PeteIM (), 18:31:40 02/15/18 Thu
    I have an antenna/aerial in my attic and I can pick up most of the Chicago Stations without too much trouble, but I wanted more, so I got PlayStation Vue. It was the best service I could find at the time, but it still left a lot to be desired. When YouTube TV was available in the Chicago area, I figured, "What the heck," and gave it a try. It was $35.00 per month (without premium channels), but it didn't have TBS, TNT and the rest of the Turner channels. I suffered through it, since I usually watch the broadcast networks... and I still have my antenna. (o: Well, I got an eMail from YouTube TV saying that the Turner Channels are are now available! That's not all... The price is still $35.00!

Starting March 13th, YouTube TV’s monthly subscription cost will rise from $35 to $40. All customers who join the service prior to the 13th of March will be able to keep the lower $35 monthly rate going forward.

If you've been thinking of cutting the cable, this might be the time to do it. There are a few things that you need to know:

First, the subscription includes ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and CW (though CW doesn't allow live streaming at this time - you can still get it the next day; sometimes sooner).

Second, your local stations, including PBS, are not in the subscription. (Not a problem for me since I have the antenna.)

Third, you have to have Internet service and a Chromecast Device to watch it on your TV. ($35.00, with free shipping, from Store.Google.com) But you can watch it on your PC/Mac at tv.youtube.com, or on your mobile device with the iOS or Android app.

Fourth, you get unlimited free Cloud DVR services!

Fifth, you get six individual users.

Read more here:
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/17007636/youtube-tv-turner-channels-announced-tnt-tbs-cnn-adult-swim-price-increase

Last edited by author: Thu February 15, 2018 18:50:30   Edited 1 time.

Replies:

• GOOSEBUMPS!!!!!!! :O -- Comicality, 18:22:38 02/16/18 Fri

Ok...I'm DONE!

I got SHIVERS listening to these two songs! I'm actually affected emotionally! Wow!

Sorry, R.E.M., but this is his song now. Holy shit!

https://youtu.be/ZVWgdmR6Eok

And this...DAMN! I wish I could sing!!! So much emotion! By the end, I nearly got teary eyed. Sweet! My artistic expression is my writing, hehehe. But if I could sing? I'd sing a Comsie story every day! :P

(Just...the lyrics. Sighhhhh. 'Still in love'...wow. Been there, done that. Never gets easier.)

https://youtu.be/XE-uowICm98

Replies:

• When you go see Black Panther, don't forget about the real Black Panters. -- TurtleBoy, 19:03:31 02/16/18 Fri
    Back in the 60s, there was a group of activists called the Black Panthers, and many of them are still in prison today because they fought for the same rights and freedoms everyone else got.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/feb/16/black-panther-party-marvel-film-jail

While things are better today, we've still got a long way to go. There are still gay people in jail because they're gay, just as there are black people in jail because they wanted to be treated as human. Funny thing, right? Is there a difference? Hell no.

While some of the people who were sent to prison did deserve to serve time, they should have been out years ago.

Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]3456789 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.