VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

This board is moderated

shack25

"The Shack Out Back" Accepts Voluntary Donations For The Free Content!!! THANKS For Your Support! :)

ComicalityShack YouTube

Comicality Ebooks

Comicality Twitter

You Can ALSO Visit The:

"The Library" Forum
IMAGINE Magazine
"The Vampire Warehouse" Forum
"The Comicality Cafe" Forum
"Inner Visions" Forum

E-Mail Comicality here: Comicality@shackoutback.net

JOIN THE "MAILING LIST" TODAY!!!
(For Instant Story And Site Updates!!!)

The 'Comicality Shack Out Back' Website

• Sometimes, I like to watch reaction videos to movies that I think are truly phenomenal... -- Comicality, 12:32:39 12/05/21 Sun

And recently...I've seen a few of people watching "Schindler's List" for the first time. I started out watching one or two that happened to come up in my youtube feed...but then I started watching some more because...there was something that really 'disturbed' me about their reactions to this movie.

Ummmm...I don't know what they are teaching children in schools these days...but I feel a bit outraged by this. The people watching this movie were so SHOCKED and HORRIFIED and like, "WHY??? Omigod!!! This is so brutal!!!"

And I'm just thinking..."What did you think the HOLOCAUST was???" Yes! It was fucking disgusting and brutal and this really happened to people! Are they not teaching this anymore to children in schools? The Holocaust, Slavery, the Native American Trail of Tears, the nuclear bombing of Japan...these are recognized as some of the most evil and heartless atrocities that mankind has ever brought upon this Earth! I haven't been in Junior High or High School in a long time...but is this not being taught anymore?

"You mean the holocaust was BAD?"

What the...??? YES, it was 'bad'! WTF??? There are people living right NOW that still have to recover from the nightmares of that horror. How do people not know about this?

It makes me wonder what 9/11 will look like to children in schools 20 years from now.

We hold on to history to correct and not repeat our mistakes. So we don't follow demagogues and commit crimes against humanity that are just as bad or worse. What the actual fuck are they teaching kids these days? And why?

Do you know that there was recently a push to make everyone call SLAVES in America 'African immigrants'? WTF???? Immigrants??? They were STOLEN! Kidnapped! Beaten, brutalized, sold, raped, and murdered! They weren't immigrants. Don't change the name to soften the blow of what this country has done. Do you want to know the difference?

THESE are African Immigrants...

And THIS was fucking SLAVERY!!!

Gee...do you see a difference? When you're riding around with your Confederate flags and your MAGA hats...this is what you're glorifying. This is what you want to return to. And now you're afraid to tell your children the truth about it all because you're all a bunch of fucking COWARDS! Don't any of you DARE try to cover up the horrors of this world for 'comfort's' sake! This shit really happened to people! And it was so senseless! And we need to see that and be aware of it so we can be better as people moving forward. So LOOK at it! And be ashamed! We all SHOULD be ashamed! Maybe it'll help the world develop some sort of fucking CONSCIENCE for a change!!!

You know...it's funny...when there were ACTUAL Nazis and KKK members marching through Charlottesville with fucking Tiki Torches and screaming about violence nobody had anything to say about that! Know who these people are. Know what these people did. To men, women, children. Learn about it. And be ashamed so you can rise above it and not take part in this horror or the unfathomable horrors to come. Don't let propaganda steal your empathy away from you. You're free to think for yourself.

Sorry....this just...it pisses me off. All of those people...MILLIONS of people...didn't suffer, struggle, and fucking DIE, so you could forget about them and not appreciate the sacrifices they made for you to even be alive right now. That's not right.

In your heart of hearts...you KNOW that's not right!

Maybe this is why some ignorant assholes want to pretend to be Rosa Parks, Che Guevara, Gandhi, or wear a Jewish star on their arm, every time somebody asks them to get vaccinated or wear a mask at their local Starbucks to bu their overpriced coffee treat for the day! They have no fucking IDEA what it's like to be persecuted this way! COWARDS! It makes me sick to my stomach that people think they can compare their minor inconveniences to the suffering of innocent people who have been through much much worse.

Enjoy your life! If you're reading this right now, that means you have a roof over your head, electricity, a cell phone, a wifi connection for internet access, and a lot more! You've got it WAY better than most! So take a break from your victim complex and appreciate what you've got right now. K? Your life is a paradise to somebody who has nothing.

Sorry, just...I had to vent for a little bit. The world has gotten so sick lately, and I just want it to get better. You know?

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• "Left Without Words 25" -- Comicality, 03:45:14 12/08/21 Wed

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/leftwithoutwords/

A new chapter of the "Left Without Words" series has just been posted! So if you're a fan, go on over and check it out and let me know if you like it or not! :) And if you haven't read it yet...you're missing out! So, yeah...get on that! LOL! And then let me know if you like it or not! :)

Love you lots! And I'll seezya soon!

• "Gone From Daylight: Blood Ties 58" Is Up! -- Comicality, 05:26:41 12/07/21 Tue

A new chapter of "Gone From Daylight" starts off our week with a brand new chapter! So be sure to go ahead and check it out, then let me know what you think when you're done! Cool? :)

https://comicality.gayauthors.org/stories.html

Also, you can pick up the ebook versions in the Comicality Ebook Section ( https://imagine-magazine.org/store/comicality/ ) with a bunch of added material that you won't find anywhere else online! Don't miss out! And I'll seezya soon!

Replies:

• It's so weird... -- Comicality, 18:57:20 12/06/21 Mon

I can't wrap my head around the fact that there's a brand new Matrix movie is coming out in like...TWO WEEKS! Like, I almost can't process that! Jesus! So cool!

(Omigod! Is that Niobe??? How long has it been?)

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 03:21:35 12/06/21 Mon

For this week's 3M...we go back to the 80's for a frantic run down memory lane!

"8-Bit Christmas"

Hehehe, omigod, what a flashback! I can honestly say that I remember this when I was kid! Like...I don't know if many people know nowadays...but there was almost NO video game market! I think for like two years or something like that. There was Atari...then there were NO video games for a few years...then came Nintendo! And when I was little, I would have done ANYTHING for one! And the free 'Nintendo Power' magazine subscription that came along with it! LOL!

Anyway, that's what this whole movie is about! The absolute mania that surrounded the very first release of the Nintendo Entertainment System during the Christmas holiday! They were IMPOSSIBLE to get! And if you were lucky enough to have a friend who had one...you never left their house! It really was friggin' insane. I mean, now an Xbox or a Playstation gets a new version or an upgrade every few years, so I doubt there will ever be that kind of hysteria ever again over a console. But this movie captured it beautifully. It was endearing, it was funny, it was over the top (but true)...and it comes with a really sweet ending that I can honestly say that I didn't see coming at all. Overall, I might put this on my favorite Christmas movies of all time list. Maybe you will too! Enjoy! :)

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 02:31:17 12/06/21 Mon

This Week:

The 'Woody On A Wood Bench' Kiss

Replies:

• Jukebox Jimmy Returning Next Friday! -- Comicality, 08:02:51 12/03/21 Fri

Returning to Friday nights next week! Feel free to come play the game with the rest of us, or just sit back and listen to some awesome music! Either way, you win! So, get familiar with your music playlists...and jump in whenever you like! Cool? Seezya then!

Replies:

• Awwww, I didn't know Nicholas Hamilton could sing... -- Comicality, 22:17:41 12/01/21 Wed

And I've been a fan for a number of years now. Cool. I like it! Let me hear more, dude! ((Huggles))

• God...DAMMIT, Max!!!! :O -- Comicality, 18:15:44 12/01/21 Wed

What the hell, Maxwell Jenkins???????

I mean, it's ok do be cute and all...but do you have to be THAT fucking hot??? I mean, does he even know? Is he just randomly walking around Chicago right now...looking like that? Does he go to a regular HIGH SCHOOL looking like that? If I was in classes with him, I wouldn't be able to control myself!

Geez! The audacity of some of these hot boys! It's just not fair! Hehehe!

Replies:

• So I'm stuck in LIMB-O right now, lol... -- Mike, 15:05:05 11/30/21 Tue

So there was a massive storm last week in Scotland and it ripped a tree out of its root and crashed it on to the roof of my house.

I was very lucky because of the way it landed, and because there's a wall between my house and the house three doors away , where it was planted, that it didn't crash through my roof and destroy the house.

The thing is the people who lived there were renting the place and moved out and the owner is difficult to find.

So the owner of my place is getting in touch with his insurance company to figure out what to do, so I'm sure they'll figure things out.

Kind of annoying though, having to sleep with a huge tree laying on top of my roof.

Here's a couple of pics I took.

Replies:

• Chucky... -- Mike, 22:30:05 11/29/21 Mon

So the season finale of Chucky is on tonight.

I mistakenly thought there were 10 episodes, but there's only 8 of them.

The good news is that the show has done well enough to earn a second season, which is cool. But will it be the same cast?

Some of the cast, many of the parents, are dead. So I'm wondering how they'd carry it on with the same young characters, with their parents out of the picture and them still being minors.

I guess we'll see. :)

Replies:

• Hehehe, a bit overly dramatic... -- Comicality, 06:05:33 11/28/21 Sun

But...I'm kinda curious as to how they're going to reboot this TV series in this day and age. So I'll definitely be checking it out next year! ::Giggles:: That's so crazy! They made this one more of an intense drama than a sitcom. Interesting...

Replies:

• Cyber Monday -- Comicality, 08:18:58 11/29/21 Mon

It's Cyber Monday, Shack lovers! :) And while you're online doing some X-Mas shopping for all of your loved ones, stop by the Comicality Ebook Section for a few impulse buys for some extra entertainment tonight! Cool? :D

Brand new additions include "On The Outside: Book Three" as well as "Daydreams And Lullabyes" Volume Two and Volume Three! No longer blocked, so you can now enjoy those short story collections with more to come! And I've got ways to avoid further online harassment. So...please don't. It won't work out well for you.

Also, you can expect the "Safe Haven" ebook by the end of the day! Including the unreleased chapters to finish off that miniseries as well! Drop on by, grab a few ebooks, and have some fun! Love you lots! And I'll seezya soon!

Thanks in advance!!!

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 03:02:44 11/29/21 Mon

This week's 3M makes me a little bit uneasy! Who should I be more afraid of...the monsters...or the CHURCH??? :O

"Midnight Mass"

I'm not really sure what I can and can't say about this mini-series without giving too much away, but I'll try to give you guys a bit of an overview. Because it really was a surprisingly thoughtful and intriguing show that kept me thinking about it for days after I finished watching it all.

What I can tell you is that it is vampire-ish...hehehe, but in a very different way. Which I loved! Because I'm so vampire crazy as it is! But this is kind of a different take on the genre, which was both refreshing...as well as it is horrifying. It takes place in a small fishing town (Real Stephen King vibe there) where our main character is coming home from a long prison sentence for killing a young girl in a drunk driving accident. So trying to mend old wounds and weave himself into such a small community proves to be difficult. But the town has much more to worry about these days.

As more and more people claim to be witnesses to a shadowed creature lurking in the darkness, tensions begin to rise. And when a new pastor appears to come in and lead the local church to calm their fears...religion begins taking on a desperate, cult like, position in the minds and hearts of the town's inhabitants on a level that they've never seen before. It's plain to see that everything is not what it seems, but their blind devotion is so powerful that they can't see past it anymore. And there you have your story! :)

It's a really cool and creepy blend of horror and religion that's been done in a way that I've never seen before. I really enjoyed this one! I hope you will too! It'll make you think and question the idea of belief in general...so buyer beware!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 03:01:09 11/29/21 Mon

This Week:

The 'Classy Club Ready' Kiss

• "Hawkeye" is AMAZING! That means Marvel is 4 for 4 with the streaming shows! XD -- Comicality, 01:39:36 11/29/21 Mon

It's also a lot funnier than I thought it would be! There are moments that are like...laugh out loud funny. Jeremy Renner's facial expressions alone are hilarious. Like, "I was a covert, international spy. I fought Thanos for Chrissake! WTF is this?" LOL!

Love the Christmas vibes, love how it ties into Avengers and Endgame, Hailee Steinfeld is awesome as Kate Bishop...it's just a damn good time! Can't wait for episode three!

I can recognize three Marvel villains so far (No spoilers), but that's the comic book geek in me. And there may be a fourth...which is a 'rumor' for now! But if HE shows up...I'm going to friggin' LOSE IT! There could be nothing cooler than that! We'll see...

I don't know how Marvel keeps doing it. I'm just happy to benefit from the rewards! :P

Main index ] [ Archives: 123456789[10] ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.