"Wet Dream Of The Week" Alexander Stewart - With a smooth and truly emotional voice, Alexander Stewart is an amazing talent that is just waiting at the gates for his big shot at the spotlight! I hear his stuff and always have a couple of 'wow' moments sprinkled throughout his every performance! So keep going, dude! I'll buy an album the moment you get one out there!
You guys are going to think I’ve completely lost my mind. Not only did I just loose my Mom, but I decided that it was time to come out to my eldest sister. This wasn’t something done in the haze of post funeral grief or guilt, this is something that had been building for quiet awhile. For much of the year, I’ve been burning up YT watching “coming out” videos. When my sister and I had an early morning chat, about some of her own teenaged demons, I knew that this was the final sign the universe was sending, it was time. So I sat down and wrote her a 1700 word letter. It took 4 hours. (My respect to all the authors in the room) The next day at the beach, she wanted to leave, because we still had so much to do. I told her that there was one more task, I have a letter for you and I need you to read it, I was going to be strong enough for the both of us. I handed her the four pages carefully typed and stapled with precision. She read, laughed and cried, right along with me. She took it so well. She knew, of course. Older sisters and Mom’s are like that. We had a great talk and it was a wonderful experience. I feel so much better. She’s the third person in my life to know. My best friend ‘B’ @ 16, My mom @ 18ish (Shouldn’t have left “that” notebook lying around your room) and now all these years later my sister @33.
As cliché as it sounds, It does get better. You are stronger then you think.
I wanted to share the list that I included in the letter. Call it a mini owners manual for gay boys.
1. Never, ever, ever. Out someone, without asking first. This is my story to tell, not yours. Seriously, it can be extremely damaging to both. Plus news travels fast, God Damned FB! If you ask and I say no, respect that. Actions always speak louder than words.
2. My sexuality belongs to me. You can’t give consent for me, or speak for me. You don’t get to tell me what I like, or what I’m into. Period.
3. Don’t think that just because you meet a friend of mine, we’re sleeping together. If you want to know that status of the relationship, ask, but do it privately.
4. I know how to protect myself medically, but I’ll ask you if there are questions. Try to not blush. (Like there’s any chance of that = )
5. I am not, nor have I ever been, a whore or a predator. Don’t confuse the high profile monsters in Hollywood and DC, for legitimate members of the gay community. They certainly don’t speak for or represent, us. We hate their actions.
6. Gay history is bloody and painful, we’ve lost so many. So many survived. Orlando & Pulse was painful for everyone. One of the guys killed was just 21 yr. They fucked with family. My heart still hasn’t healed.
7. Don’t try and play match maker. Your standards and perceptions are different than mine. Guess which one matters, more.
8. See point #1. Read it again. Remember it.
9. I’ve lived with this information longer then you have, and I know you need time to adjust. I also know this may be hard on you. We’ll get through it together.
10. The best response anyone can give to an ‘outing’ is “Thank you, for trusting me enough, to share this with me” Hugs are also a good response. Yes, there will probably be tears, that’s ok. You’re working with special glitter magic; it’s all good (that last bit was a joke, laugh now.)
11. Sex is never a reward. It’s a beautiful, shared experience. Hopefully.
12. YouTube is a glorious place with awesome content, some of it is garbage. We might watch some of it together, if you ask.
13. Fuck, its 04:00
14. There are plenty of gay anthems.
15. Nope, I aint your Gay BFF. Don’t even try.
16. “Every gay man I know carries around a mental portfolio of all the shitty things other gay men have said and done to him. Gay men in particular are just not very nice to each other. In pop culture, drag queens are known for their takedowns and it’s all ha ha ha. But that meanness is almost pathological. All of us were deeply confused or lying to ourselves for a good chunk of our adolescence. But it’s not comfortable for us to show that to other people. So we show other people what the world shows us, which is nastiness.”
17. LGBTQA+ WTF?!?! Every year they add a new letter. Ugh.
18. Yes there are gay athletes. Tom Daily, Mathew Mitcham. Woof! We need more. Better yet, bring back the nude Olympics (just say’n)
19. Nope, I’m not attracted to every guy I glance at. The same is true for you. Sometimes however, you get a glance at true beauty.
20. I will NEVER date a guy who smokes or smoked anything. 1000% deal killer. Game over. Goodbye.
21. Don’t lie or play games. Also a deal killer. You’re deleted.
So what would you add to your own letter, what do you agree/disagree with?
As always, thank you for taking the time to hear and acknowledge my thoughts.
I have gotten this big 'cluttered closet' of stuff to send in for January's issue, as well as the next ten months worth of stuff for Imagine Magazine to post at its convenience. And I STIL have some MAJOR surprises coming soon for the new monthly releases! Like...you guys are in for some serious WTF moments! :P
Anyway, tomorrow is December 1st, and I'm sending TurtleBoy a bunch of stuff for the first issue in January! But you guys have until December 15th if you want to submit stuff of your own! Cool?
And HUGE thanks to those of you who have emailed me submissions recently! You're my new best friends! Hehehe! Seriously, what I've been reading has been amazing! I've been in touch through email, but just wanted to give you some public recognition for being so awesome! I will find a way to secretly reward you for this! Hehehe! Welcome to the VIP area! Mwah!
Also, MasterM...as you're gonna be our featured author for the January issue, I'm putting a short interview together for you this weekend! So we'll talk soon, k? It'll be fun!
If anybody else wants to offer up any stories or articles for the February and beyond issues...contact me at Comicality@webtv.net with your ideas, and we'll talk about it. Cool?