VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

This board is moderated

"The Shack Out Back" Accepts Voluntary Donations For The Free Content!!! THANKS For Your Support! :)

ComicalityShack YouTube

Comicality Ebooks

Comicality Twitter

You Can ALSO Visit The:

"The Library" Forum
IMAGINE Magazine
"The Vampire Warehouse" Forum
"The Comicality Cafe" Forum
"Inner Visions" Forum

E-Mail Comicality here: Comicality@shackoutback.net

JOIN THE "MAILING LIST" TODAY!!!
(For Instant Story And Site Updates!!!)

The 'Comicality Shack Out Back' Website

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 00:52:20 09/21/20 Mon

A weekly 3M selection that is MUCH more terrifying to watch now...considering the current climate of the world today!

"The Stand"

After watching this again not long ago, I was actually kind of shocked how much more it affected me this time around than it did the first time I watched it all the way through. Then again, it was Stephen King...you never think that something like that would ever be remotely true. It's a bedtime story for horror fans, right? I mean...I mean, right? :O

This came out way back in 1994 as a television miniseries, and I think all of the parts add up to about six hours. (Make sure you watch the extended cut if you can, the other version cuts some huge parts out of the movie for some odd reason) Think of it as the original version of "The Walking Dead"...except they're not walking. They're just...ummm, dead. Hehehe! And with a brand new version of this series coming out just before Christmas...I had to indulge in my love for this story all over again. And I was surprised how relevant it is right now. Yikes!

"The Stand" is about a killer virus (Super Flu) that gets unleashed all across the country, with a 99% communicability rate! (You probably see where this is going! Hehehe!) And it starts with a few secrets...then a few lies...then some misinformation...then a panic...then an attempt to contain the panic...let's just say that things don't end up well for humanity, worldwide. We are talking an apocalyptic amount of death and chaos. And this was back in the 90's where seeing piles of dead bodies and decaying corpses on TV was kind of a new thing. At least on THAT level! However, the deadly pandemic doesn't stop there. That's only the first quarter of the series.

When it comes to the survivors, I am once again in awe of Stephen King's ability to create an interesting ensemble cast of characters! He is the MASTER of doing that! As a writer, that's one of the things that I always wanted to created in my own stories as well. From "Gone From Daylight" to "Savage Moon" to "Billy Chase" to Shelter" and many more. This huge collection of people all working towards a common goal, but who all add something unique and special to that effort. It's brilliant. You get to see them find one another, a little bit at a time, and (through a series of shared dreams between them) converge on the same farmhouse, owned by an old lady named Mother Abigail, who claims that it was God that told her to gather them all together in one place. At the same time, we have a bunch of crazed, violent, gun toting, criminals and deviots...who are being drawn to Las Vegas to go be with...'the other fella.' A rage filled, but manipulatively charming, demagogue by the name of Randall Flagg. And from there...the powers of good and evil begin their deadly chess game.

If you've never seen it, it's really one of Stephen King's best works. With a stellar cast, including Gary Sinise, Ossie Davis, Rob Lowe, Ruby Dee, Ed Harris, Molly Ringwald, and more. I love the religious aspects to it as well, and it never comes off as heavy handed. Some of the characters don't even elieve in God, but they have enough faith to go forward in God's name. There's character depth where it really humanizes the people you're watching. And even the people in the beginning who get sick. (Something lacking today, when it's just an increasing number on a computer screen) You see somebody's friend, their parents, their neighbors, as actual people. And then you hear them randomly cough or sneeze and you get an instant chill, like, "Nooooo!!! Not THAT guy!!!"

Anyway, great series! Some lighthearted moments, and some very dark moments as well! And then...there's Trashcan Man! Hehehe! "MY LIFE FOR YOU!!!!!" Reminds me of something I've been seeing a lot of these days. But...'zips lip'! Remember, this was a 90's TV miniseries, so you won't see state of the art special effects or big budget production value. But what you WILL see is a great story that will stick with you long after it's over. So enjoy! :)

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Top 3 song pics of the week! -- River Acheron, 17:43:25 10/27/20 Tue
    Alright, so I had an idea to post three songs I really like, once per week. Because...why not? These are in no order of favorites. Just good songs I like. :)

1. Metallica 'Now That We're Dead'

When darkness falls, may it be
    That we should see the light
    When reaper calls, may it be
    That we walk straight and right
    When doubt returns, may it be
    That faith shall permeate our scars
    When we're seduced, then may it be
    That we not deviate our cause

All sinners, a future
    All saints, a past
    Beginning, the ending
    Return to ash

Now that we're dead, my dear
    We can be together
    We can live, we can live forever

When all is pain, may it be
    It's all we've ever known
    When flame consumes, may it be
    It warms our dying bones
    When loss has won, may it be
    It's you I'm madly fighting for
    When kingdom comes, may it be
    We walk right through that open door

All sinners, a future
    All saints, a past
    Beginning, the ending
    Return to ash
    We can be together

All sinners, a future
    All saints, a past
    Beginning, the ending
    Return to ash

We can be together
    Return to ashes, shed this skin
    Beyond the black, we rise again
    We shall live forever

2. Bad Religion 'The Resist Stance'

Seeds of rebellion lay outside your front door
    If you nourish them and water them they'll grow into a healthy what for?
    And if revolution isn't what's in store
    How can you care anymore?

It's a dangerous slip,
    A conscientious shift
    In the spirit of resistance you gotta hold your grip
    Lest the state of your resolve makes you quickly devolve to a fundamentalist

You're an archetype,
    That they can pin to the wall
    As you cling to all convictions like a farm animal in its stall
    Never thinking of the bigger world outside
    As they take you for a ride

It's a dangerous slip,
    A conscientious shift
    In the spirit of resistance you gotta hold your grip
    Because passion unabated will be readily conflated with belligerence

It's a dangerous slip,
    A conscientious shift
    The spirit of resistance you gotta hold your grip
    And the verdict won't be kind 'cuz they're desperate for a viable alternative

Take a stance. The Resist stance.

3. Blutengel 'Reich mir die Hand'
    (PS: Chris Pohl, the lead singer is SO FUCKING HOT!)

Einsam irrst du durch die kalte Nacht
    Auf der Suche nach Unendlichkeit
    Getrieben von der Gier die in dir wächst und
    Deine Seele Stück für Stück zerstören will

Die Vernunft und dein Verstand sie schwinden
    Du siehst du Welt nur noch in dunklen Farben
    Für dich hat jetzt und hier die Jagd begonnen
    Das Blut des Schicksals klebt an deinen Händen

Reich mir die Hand, unsere Welt wird brennen
    Der Zweifel und die Angst werden im Feuer untergehn
    Reich mir die Hand, unsere Welt soll brennen
    Unser Stolz und unser Blut in alle Ewigkeit vereint

Spürst du die Kraft, spürst die neue Freiheit?
    Geboren aus dunkler Vergangenheit
    Die Erinnerung an dein altes Leben
    Verblasst im Schatten einer neuen Zeit

Die Vernunft und dein Verstand sie schwinden
    Du siehst du Welt nur noch in dunklen Farben
    Für dich hat jetzt und hier die Jagd begonnen
    Das Blut des Schicksals klebt an deinen Händen

Reich mir die Hand, unsere Welt wird brennen
    Der Zweifel und die Angst werden im Feuer untergehn
    Reich mir die Hand, unsere Welt soll brennen
    Unser Stolz und unser Blut in alle Ewigkeit vereint

Hope you guys like!

• "GFD: Children Of Sunset 7" -- Comicality, 02:23:00 10/24/20 Sat

A brand new chapter of the old Western spinoff of "Gone From Daylight" is up! Please take a few minutes to let me know what you think when you get a chance! It's always good to hear from you guys! :)

Seezya soon! And if you haven't jumped into this series yet, you can check out all of the previous chapters at the link below! K? Have fun!

https://gayauthors.org/stories/browse/world/gone-from-daylight/

Replies:

• Hahaha! Awwww! XD -- Comicality, 18:38:37 10/23/20 Fri

"Heyyyy! I'm scary, dammitt!!! I'm mean, and I'm angry, and I'm super intimidating! Fear me!"

Don't LAUGH at me!

Awww, now you went and hurt my feelings! LOL!

• "Picture Me And You 11" Is Up!!! -- Comicality, 09:22:25 10/23/20 Fri

Howdy all! Hehehe, you didn't think the party was over yet, did you??? No way! This is a series of updates of EPIC proportions! So read the all, and be prepared for more soon!

The newest chapter of "Picture Me And You" is up now in the Comicality Library! Enjoy, and let me know what you think when you have a few seconds to comment! K? Love ya lots! And I'll seezya soon!

• "Shelter" Chapeter 21 Is Up! -- Comicality, 21:35:58 10/22/20 Thu

A brand new chapter of the "Shelter" series is now up and ready to go! I hope you guys enjoy it! Please take a few seconds to let me know what you think when you get a chance!

• "GFD: Bloodstained Duet" Is Dark As Shit!!! Hehehe! -- Comicality, 23:33:06 10/21/20 Wed

Good evening, everybody! Welcome back to more '30 Days Of Night' updates (which will obviously go on way past Halloween night at this point, because I started late! Hehehe!) This is just a heads up to let you know that I'm bringing you a brand new chapter of one of the DARKEST "GFD" stories to date! So enjoy this new chapter, and take a few seconds to let me know what you think whenever you get a chance! K?

And if you've never read the earlier chapters to this spinoff, you can find them all at the link below!

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/gfd-bloodstained-duet/

Love you 3000! Seezya soon! :P

• "Give It To Me Straight" (Chapter Ten) Is Up And Ready! :) -- Comicality, 01:07:32 10/21/20 Wed

We're down to the penultimate chapter of this series, which is already WAY longer than I ever thought it would be! Hehehe! But the next chapter will be the last, and I hope you guys had as much fun reading it as I did writing it! So enjoy the new chapter, and be sure to let me know what you think whenever you can! K?

• Awwww... -- Comicality, 01:33:17 10/19/20 Mon

Remember what 'heart' used to feel like? Remember when people used to give a shit about somebody other than themselves? That seems like so long ago, now...

Replies:

• "GFD: Fireside Chat" Posted! -- Comicality, 01:28:06 10/20/20 Tue

The '30 Days Of Night' updates will continue past Halloween, hehehe, but there is still MUCH more to come! Believe me! And you won't want to miss them, as many of them will be building a three dimensional view of the original series!

But, for now? Here's a completed, stand alone, story that was just written to be short and sweet. Something for you guys to enjoy! Let me know what you think when you get a chance! K? And look for many more tales from the GFD universe in the GFD Worlds section on the website! There are a lot of vampire goodies waiting for you there! Hehehe!

Seezya soon! We've still got a long way to go, folks! A LONG way! :D

Replies:

• "Left Without Words 20" Is Up!!! -- Comicality, 07:31:06 10/19/20 Mon

A brand new chapter of "Left Without Words" is up today! So if you've been looking for more giggles from Deme and Shane...here they are! Enjoy! And please take a few seconds to let me know what you think when you get a chance! :)

Also, if this is your first time hearing about this series (::Waves Hi To All Of Our New Shackers::), then you can read all the previous chapters at the link below! K?

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/leftwithoutwords/

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 00:37:59 10/19/20 Mon

This week's 3M selection may make you want to get a little bit of therapy for yourself! You know...just in case!

"Killer Therapy"

I mean...what can you really do with someone that has a severe disorder that continues to keep them on a razor sharp edge between being stable and unstable? Non-Violent and violent? Especially when that particular someone is your own preteen son?

Lying somewhere between "The Good Son" and "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest"...this movie takes both mental illness and its many treatments, and brings them right to the surface to show you what it looks like from both sides. Which I found pretty interesting.

It begins with young Brian, his parents, and the adoption of a brand new baby sister for him. Which doesn't seem all that ominous at first, but Brian has some serious issues going on in his head. And I don't mean in a trouble-maker/mischief kind of way! He's like...young Michael Myers from "Halloween" kind of creepy! (In fact, Daerg Fench, who played a young Michael Myers in the Rob Zombie remake is actually in this movie!) And when Brian get pushed to the edge...which doesn't take much...'accidents' happen. Bad ones.

But he gets treatment, comes out, and gives life a second shot. He's older now, and he's really trying as he goes to high school. Oh yeah, psh! Now THAT'S a peaceful place to get back on your feet again! Friggin' HIGH SCHOOL! Hehehe! And as the movie progresses, you get a real sense of what it must be like to live with something that you simply cannot control. But you also get a view at how ugly the rest of the world can be at the same time. So, there are times when I feel really BAD for the poor guy. God knows, he's trying! But then there are other times when it's like..."Holy shit!!! Ok...yeah, he's a psycho!"

And this is a psychological thriller, so...eventually he gets pushed a little too far. And 'accidents' aren't just 'accidents' anymore.

I've included the trailer below, but I think it would probably be better to watch this flick without it. It's just a peek at the overall nature of evil and malice, and it makes you think about what you would do if it was you. Or if it was your kid.

Give it a shot! And enjoy! :)

Replies:

• When 2 boycrush generatons intersect... -- blastfromthepast, 23:29:58 10/16/20 Fri
    I haven't posted here in at least 10 years, and I'm amazed to see it's still here. Cheers Com :) I couldn't even remember what my login name used to be lol.

Anyway, I just ran across this on instagram and it was too much - I just need to share it somewhere. Back in the day on this forum Justin was all the rage. Imagine my surprise seeing him and Jacob together. Enjoy!!!

Replies:

• METALLICA! (Rated best to worst) -- River Acheron, 21:03:41 10/17/20 Sat
    So, I thought it would be fun to list Metallica albums from my absolute favorite to the one I dislike the most. Because...why not? Now this ONLY includes studio albums, so no 'S&M', 'Garage Inc.', or 'No Life Till Leather', etc. This is only my personal preference obviously! I re-listened to every album in order today so I can really do this well.

1. 'Master of Puppets' (1986): A solid classic, and my favorite Metallica album. From 'Battery' to 'Damage Inc', every single song just hits me the right way. 'Welcome Home (Sanitarium)' is prob my favorite song on the album. Also, I don't care what anyone says, in terms of heavy metal, it's the bands heaviest album. Amazing in every way without a single flaw. You know, I would even say this this ranks in my top 3 albums of all time, sitting right night to Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' and Bad Religion's 'Suffer'. It's not easy to find an album where you can't find a single negative thing to say about it, and every song gives you "the feels".

2. 'Ride the Lightning' (1984): I know a lot of fans like this one better than 'Master of Puppets', but not me. Oh, don't get me wrong...I ADORE this album. Hell, out of 10 (to date) studio albums, it's my second favorite. In fact, this album has my all-time favorite Metallica song on it, 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' (Gotta love Lars' drumming on that one!), and my favorite ballad by them, 'Fade to Black'. However, the reason this is not my number 1 is because I don't consistently love every song the way I do for 'Master of Puppets'. It's pretty damn close though! I like songs such as 'Trapped Under Ice', 'Escape', and 'Fight Fire with Fire' but they doesn't hit AS strong. Since the purpose of this lil post isn't to rate individual songs, but rather the album as an absolute whole - an entity in and of itself - I would have to place this below 'Master of Puppets', but just barely. It's so close I had to think about it for a few minutes.

3. 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' (2016): What? is River going absolutely nuts? A newer (In fact, THE newest!) Metallica album this high on the list? Damn fucking right! I was in SHOCK when I first heard this album in 2016. Not only is it a FANTASTIC return to the thrashier and at the same time heavier Metallica of the 80's, (just listen to the guitar during the bridge of 'Atlas, Rise!', and tell me that's not damn near perfection!!) it's almost a completely solid album for me across the board. My favorite song on this, and is def in my top 10 Metallica songs of all time now is 'Now That We're Dead'. After 'RELoad', Metallica tried a few times to go back to their roots and well...lets just say this time they struck gold. For me, this album belongs right up there with 'Ride the Lightning' and 'Master of Puppets'. Plus, the central theme of this album is death and nihilistic pessimism. You can't go wrong with that! 🙂

4. 'Kill 'Em All' (1983). Metallica's debut album. I know hardcore fans usually rate this album a little higher, but...honestly, it's a bit TOO unpolished for me. I like heavier Metallica than the pure thrash metal that this album is. 'Ride the Lightning' and 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' blends both damn well, but this is just too much of the thrash. lol. I by no means dislike this album at all! In fact, it's got 'Four Horseman' on it, and I love the shit out of that song. And of course songs like 'Jump in the Fire', 'Whiplash', etc are all well and good, I'm just not IN love with them. They are friend-zoned. 😛

5. 'REload' (1997): My favorite Metallica album during their...lets call them...alternative years? It's way heavier than 'Load' with better songs, in my opinion. This album was actually inspired by Southern Rock, and you can absolutely tell when you listen to it, that James' hillbilly side kinda shows a bit during songs like 'Fuel', 'Attitude' ("Throw all your bullets in the fire...and run like Hell!" I love that line!), and 'Bad Seed'. This album is basically Southern Melodic Heavy Metal. A far cry away from Metallica of old, and not my favorite departure or style of rock, but still a damn fine album!

6. 'Load' (1996): Not *as* as good as 'REload' in my opinion. Sure it's got some great tunes like, 'Until It Sleeps', 'King Nothing', 'Ronnie', and 'Outlaw Torn'...and yes I know fans prefer this album to it's counterpart, but for whatEVER reason, the songs on 'REload' just resonated with me a littttleeee bit more....in the sense that 'REload' always has gotten more replay value out of me. It's not that this album is forgettable or anything and there's only one BAD Metallica album as far as I'm concerned (We'll get there! lol). But in terms of ranking good things against other good things, I gotta put this a bit further down on the list. 😕

7. '...And Justice for All' (1988): Some of you may now seriously may be wondering what the hell is wrong with me. I'm so sorry I just never loved this album! Not like the ones I listed before this. It's not that ANY song on here is bad, omg no, again...it's just a case that most of these songs didn't really do much for me, with the exceptions of 'One', and 'The Frayed Ends of Sanity'. I do not dislike 'Harvester of Sorrow', 'Blackened', 'Eye of the Beholder' or any of them really, and would never turn them off if they came on the radio (to the contrary...I'd blast that shit!), but I really don't go out of my way to listen to them either. To me, it's so-so metal. I know how beloved this album is. In fact, many of my fellow metal friends consider this the best album of all time, not to mention the awards it won, etc. Still...I JUST couldn't get into when I first started listening to Metallica...and after a listen today...I feel the same way.

8. 'Self Titled' ("The Black Album") (1991): Milktoast. Milktoast alternative radio-friendly rock. Bleh. Up until now, my top seven Metallica albums are all fairly close in terms of likeability. Now's where there is a huge dip in quality for me. This was the start of Metallica's big transformation to basically cater to the mainstream and the first studio album to be produced by Bob Rock who I'm sure was the one who convinced Metallica to cut their hair and to appeal to a wider demographic. All thrash was eliminated at this point. Do I hate this album? Absolutely not. Again...I only hate one album (patience, grasshoppers!) In fact, the song 'The God That Failed' is one of my favorite Metallica songs. But remember I'm ranking albums on the whole. I really dislike 'Enter Sandman', and 'Wherever I May Roam', the other songs are kinda forgettable. The two ballads, 'Unforgiven' and 'Nothing Else Matters' are very good, so I'll give the album that. But they ARE ballads, which means they really could have appeared on ANY Metallica album during any era and would have equally worked, ya know?

9. 'Death Magnetic' (2008): Full disclosure here...today was the first time I got around to listening to this. I was 14 years old when this came out, and this is the funny thing...it's the first Metallica album I bought during it's initial release! 'St. Anger' came out when I was 9 years old, and I was not listening to metal then. With older Metallica, I did what every kid did and I started listening to all the other stuff on various file-sharing sites and YouTube, etc. but for whatever reason...I never got around to listening to this one! It's still sitting in my room, unopened in fact, and Hell...I don't even think I have anything that plays CD's anymore. (I have PS3 games like that as well that are still in the wrappers!) As a FIRST impression? I don't love it. I don't feel like I'm being fair though, because sooo many songs take multiple listens to really grab me. In time, this could go higher on my list. It IS the evolution back to the thrashier days that they would eventually succeed with, on 'Hardwired....to Self-Destruct' (Even with only one listen, I can tell you that it is nowhere NEAR as good as that album. Also...I HATED 'Unforgiven 3'. Yuck.

10. 'St. Anger' (2003): AND speaking of "yuck"...was there ever any doubt? LOL! This album was touted as the return to their garage days roots. They wanted to go back to that classic sound. God, did they fail. How does mixing in crappy nu-metal go back to, say, 'Ride the Lightning'? And whats with the drumming!!?? It sounds like Lars is banging on hollow trash cans. The whole album has this tinny annoying sound that really irks me. No song, and I mean NO song is catchy or even remotely decent. There's not a single guitar solo on the entire album, and the production was awful. I get that Metallica wanted a raw sound. But...what they ended up doing was trying to capture a raw sound by PRODUCING it, you know? Like using CGI to fake something when you can just use practical effects. It's a fake, PRODUCED raw sound. If they had balls, they should have actually gone into a garage like in 1982, and play like they did back then. They CLAIMED that's the sound they wanted after all. So...what the fuck happened? It's like filming a movie that is supposed to look like 1970's footage. You have an old Super-8 camera. You can DO it beautifully. But instead, the studio wants you to use a modern hi-res professional camera and then "edit it in post". That's what this album is. And as such...a total failure.

Let's hear your rankings in the comments below!

River

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 00:21:37 10/19/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Hey! Are You Watching?' Kiss

• Imagine Magazine - The Halloween Issue!!! -- Comicality, 22:24:03 10/15/20 Thu

https://imagine-magazine.org/

It's the 15th of October, ladies and gentlemen! And that means that the Halloween issue of Imagine Magazine is up and ready to go! And this is month is bursting with new material! So have fun! Some thrills! Some chills! And a good time to be had by all! Enjoy! And thanks to everybody who worked hard to make this another successful launch for Imagine! We just keep getting better and more popular with every release! An it's all thanks to you guys!

Love you lots! Mwah!

Replies:

• FINALLY...it's 'Showtime! :P -- Comicality, 06:33:54 10/15/20 Thu
    Hehehe, even though it took me a week longer than I thought it would, I got my focus back! Thank God!

I've developed another nasty cough though for some reason. Ummmm...doubt that it has anything to do with the pandemic, but it's become a national emergency for a lot of people if you cough in public these days. Hahaha! It's like..."GAH!!! Get the fuck away from me!!!" But I totally understand, so it's ok. 

Ok, so, where were we? Let me pick up where I left off. 

Also, I am SUPER excited to finally show you guys the first book of the "PakRatz" series!!! This has been years and YEARS in the works, and tied in to the "Gone From Daylight" mythology, but the surrounding stories had to be elevated to a certain point for it to all connect and make sense the way I wanted it to. And it was a LOT of planning and hard work, but here we are! XD 

Loosely based on the Frank Sinatra, 'Rat Pack' squad, this series takes place alongside "GFD" and :Justin and Taryn, even though it's a story all on its own. And I've been weaving things in through other stories along the way. So, if you just want an added bonus, read "GFD", "Circle Nocturnus", "Dead Language", "Expiration Date", "Divine Right"...and you'll get some extra hints and clues as to what's going on here. (Not that you NEED to! It'll be a story that stands on it's own)

The new "Pak Ratz" trailer will be released on Halloween, along with the first ebook in the Comiclity Ebook section!

So keep yours eyes open! ou won't want to miss this six book extravaganza!  

Replies:

• :O :O :O -- Comicality, 16:40:08 10/14/20 Wed

What the...???

Well THIS is coming out of nowhere!!! :O

I LOVED the "Extinction Level Event" album from Busta Rhymes! But then again, I love stuff that's really dark and morbid, anyway! This promo looks like the sequel is going to be even darker than the original! Which...I'm totally cool with! XD

I haven't even heard a single song yet, and he's already creating an adorable army of demon children!!! LOL! I'm SO in!

• Things come full circle -- Gabe (Introspective), 01:33:55 10/04/20 Sun
    Hey all. I'm popping in after a very long time away. I was a regular at one time with a screen name that was, stupidly, the same I used on plenty of other sites so that's a change up in order lol.

This COVID thing sucks and has left me a lot of time to think about what's really important. I also stumbled upon the Shack again through an odd turn of events, and was delighted to see that it's still going strong all these years later, and I just wanted to say hi and to say thank you.

I discovered Comsie and the Shack Forum when I was a confused teenager who felt completely alone in the world in a time before the world became, if not more accepting, at least more willing to acknowledge gay people's existence, and all the more alone because of the nagging realization that I was the most attracted to boys much younger than myself, which never really changed through high school or college.

Comsie's writing, and the Shack community did so much to make me feel less alone in the world. I'm now in my early 30s, and still struggle with living without shame, with my head held high in a world that very much does not approve of the way I love. But because of the incredible love and kindness Comsie exudes, and the tremendous, supportive community that exists in this forum, I learned what it felt like to know I'm not alone. This place fundamentally helped to shape who I am today, and it may have saved my life more than once.

So... Thank you.

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 06:02:58 10/12/20 Mon

This week's 3M is going to be a short recommendation! Because there's not a whole lot that I can tell you without soiling anything!

"Antebellum"

Yeah...I've been banging around in my head to see what I can say about this movie to recommend it to you guys, but without giving anything away. So...bear with me. I'll do my best. But it'll be vague! Hehehe! And yet, not all that 'farfetched', when you think about it.

First of all, while many scenes of this movie are brutal and unsettling to watch, it is NOT a horror movie! Even if it has a very creepy, 'horror-style', vibe to it.

Let's see...ummmmm...it takes place in two different...no wait. Ok, ummm...it's a rather shocking thriller that...no...wait. Cant say that either. Hehehe! Dangit!

You'll just have to watch it for yourselves! In fact, don't watch any of the other trailers than the brief teaser that I'm posting below! It's best to go into this movie blind and just let it sweep you up into the tension of what's going on...and what's REALLY going on!

As a warning, the first third of this movie deals with some really harsh and brutal images of slavery. The second third deals with something totally different (but related). And the last third of this movie will show you how it fits together. And...wow...

It makes for quite a few WTF moments, to say the least! And that's all I'll say! So check this psychological thriller out whenever you get a chance!

There have been mixed reviews of this movie here and there, but see it for yourself. Because I was actually quite surprised by this one. And it's HARD to surprise me with movies after the infinite amount of flicks I've combed through over the years! So MAJOR kudos to "Antebellum" from Comsie!

Plus...sighhhh...I love you, Janelle Monae! She's a great actress, but also an AMAZING singer/rapper/dancer too! And she's bisexual! AND...she's dating Tessa Thompson! ('Valkyrie' from "Thor: Ragnarok") Damn! That's just plain...hot! Hehehe! :P

Replies:

• Thanks a ton... -- Comicality, 05:40:53 10/12/20 Mon

I know that I haven't really been around to say much lately. It's a situation that is more exhausting to explain than the situation itself. Trust me.

But things are getting polished for Imagine Magazine's Halloween issue as you read this! And it will be ready on the 15th, as always! K?

Also, thank you to those of you who sent heartfelt emails this weekend. I know that a bunch of you guys are brand new to the site, and for a lot of you...this happened before you were even born. But I had a close friend of mine that I worked with, he was only 17...and on October 10th, he committed suicide. And I made it an official Shack Holiday in his honor. He was so loved and so appreciated.

But we take actually TELLING the people close to us that we love them! We just assume that they know already. But, I speak from experience when I say that nothing else in this world hurts more than finding out that you were wrong. Especially after it's too late.

I'll never know what drove him to do what he did...but I'll never forget the tight hug that he gave me just hours before he did it. Not ever.

Please...if you have any heart at all...don't take your friends and loved ones for granted. K? Tell them that you love them. That you care about them. And that you're there to listen...even when nobody else will. Please???

Use this week long holiday as an excuse to reach out and stop hording all the love and appreciation for yourself. Share it. PLEASE share it! It costs you nothing! And, at the end of the day...

...It could save someone's life.

I just wish I didn't have to learn that the hard way. :(

I love you all. And I'll seezya soon.

Thanks for the comforting emails, you guys. It made me smile to know that there are still people out there who care. Keep your heart. In the end...it's all we really have.

((Hugz))

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 05:43:06 10/12/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Secret Sleepover' Kiss

• YES!!! Hahaha!!! -- Comicality, 09:29:01 10/08/20 Thu

I DEFINITELY have been waiting for Rain and Mileena to come back! But that third reveal? WTF??? :O

Replies:

• Hehehe! I don't think I'll ever get enough of these! :P -- Comicality, 13:21:41 10/08/20 Thu

Has it really been only eight months? Jesus, I guess it has. It's getting harder and harder to remember the 'old times'...

Replies:

• Imagine Magazine Question For 10/5 -- Comicality, 07:36:29 10/05/20 Mon

It can be a lot of fun to truly go all in and give yourself over to the idea of the 'perfect' relationship. To just believe in fate, and eternal soulmates, and all of that. It's a good thing! it really is. But, as many of us know from experience...things don't always turn out for the best in those situations. It takes a painful journey of trial and error to find that special somebody, more times that not.

But...sometimes you really do feel a connection with someone that you thought wasn't the one for you, or vice versa. And it can be a difficult road back to what you two once had together. But...is it worth it?

This time around, the question is...can you make up and get back together with someone that you parted ways with earlier? I mean, people can change, right? They can mature and finally see the value in whatever it was that you had to offer them? But...on the other hand...if you were incompatible the first time around, as partners, or even just as friends...what's changed? If you broke up once...wouldn't you break up again? I've always said that if you and your significant other don't ever argue, then one of you isn't being honest about how they feel. Nobody agrees 100% of the time. That's not love. That's control and submission. Not as satisfying.

So, when it comes to breaking up with someone, and potentially getting back together with them later on...what are your thoughts on that? Is it possible to mend old wounds and start over from scratch? Or does 'breaking up' mean 'breaking up', and you'd only be putting yourself back in the same old situation where you'll be aching to break up again?

Let us know your thoughts on this when you get a chance! I'll add them to a future issue of Imagine Magazine (https://imagine-magazine.org/), and anonymous replies are more than welcome. Either here on the board, or you can emails them to me at Comicality@shackoutback.net if you prefer. K? Talk to you soon!

NEW questions to be asked every month! Jump right in and give us your thoughts for future issues of Imagine Magazine! Answer in the replies here, or email them to me at Comicality@shackoutback.net if you like! Anonymous comments are always welcome! Just let me know ahead of time! Cool?

Replies:

• "GFD: Sins Of The Father 2" Is up! -- Comicality, 03:05:16 10/07/20 Wed

"30 Days Of Night" continues! This time, we go back to 1987, and we have Norio Myoki protecting his ex love's children from a squad of assassins that are coming to wipe out his entire bloodline! Definitely check this one out, as it connects to other stories in the "Gone From Daylight" universe! Enjoy! And let me know what you think when you're done reading!

Also, if you missed the first chapter of this series, you can find it at the link below! K? Seezya soon!

https://gayauthors.org/story/comicality/gfd-sins-of-the-father/

And be sure to go to the "GFD: Blood Bank" if you want to see many many MORE vampire spinoffs! Don't miss out! :P

Replies:

• R.I.P Eddie, you legend. :( -- Mike, 22:27:35 10/06/20 Tue

One of the first guitarists to inspire me to pick up my own and learn to play.

Sad to hear of his passing.

Replies:

• Well...what else can I say... -- Comicality, 02:00:40 10/02/20 Fri

"Thoughts and prayers", I suppose...

Replies:

• "GFD: Divine Right 3" -- Comicality, 02:48:24 10/06/20 Tue

A brand new flurry of vampire stories are beginning tonight with the newest "30 Days Of Night" update from the world of "Gone From Daylight"! This is merely the beginning! >:)

We're starting off with the dark future apocalypse of "GFD: Divine Right"! So enjoy! And let me know what you think when you get the opportunity!

And be sure to check out the many other vampire spinoffs too! You won't want to miss out!

• "On The Outside" jumps in to kick things off... -- Comicality, 09:14:11 10/05/20 Mon

Happy Monday, you guys! I hope that you're all doing well and staying safe out there! ((Hugs))

I am now trying to do something that is unprecedented in terms of Shack updates! And that is starting today! To say that it has been an exhausting effort would be an EXTREME understatement!!! Hehehe, but, as many of you know already, I'm most dangerous when I'm being 'quiet'! ::Nods:: 

I'm starting off with a brand new chapter of "On The Outside"! Enjoy! And please take a few seconds to let me know what you think when you get a chance to reply! K?

And super thanks to all of my new readers who have been sending me soooo much love and support! I truly appreciate it, you guys! And also to those of you who have donated a few dollars to the Paypal as well! The world is kinda screwed up right now, so every penny counts! Thank you!

Now, sit back...and stay tuned. Like I said, I've never done anything on this level before! So expect to hear more from me soon! October is going to raise a few eyebrows for sure!  

Replies:

• ~ ~ ~ Monday Movie Matinee ~ ~ ~ -- Comicality, 04:26:33 10/05/20 Mon

Every now and then, you just wanna see an evil witch trying her best to steal some children at random! Hehehe! Because...why not?

"Baba Yaga: Terror Of The Dark Forest"

No! NOT John Wick! An actual 'Baba Yaga' witch! Hehehe!

I was kinda digging this horror flick! And it's perfect for any horror fan that believes that they've seen it all, because it's one of those hidden gems that sort of lurks around in the corner. But there's some really creepy things happening in this movie.

It mostly revolves around a teenage boy who lives with his dad and stepmother, as well as his baby sister. And there are typical teen obstacles going on like the girl he likes next door and the school bully etc. But when a witch makes it her mission to steal him and his baby sister...he finds himself having to fight for his own existence. See...not only will this evil witch steal you away from your parents...but she'll make it so they don't even remember that they ever even HAD a child to begin with. You will vanish completely. I don't know...there's an added level of creepy for me. You get snatched into another dimension and wait for your parents to forget you ever existed...and then you just fall to ashes. Weird.

Now, this movie (I believe) was originally in Russian. I watched the English dubbed version, and it was fine. But if you go looking for it, and you don't speak fluent Russian...make sure that you at least get subtitles! But it's a good afternoon flick if you were just looking for something eerie to entertain you. Plus...cute teen boys! Hehehe! Check it out when you get a chance!

Replies:

• SWAK Sunday!!! -- Comicality, 04:13:34 10/05/20 Mon

This Week:

The 'Tastebud Tickler' Kiss

Replies:

• Hahaha! So true! LOL! -- Comicality, 11:33:34 09/29/20 Tue

I love love LOVE my little cousins to death! I really do! And we have a ton of fun together when I'm wathing them! But Jesus...this is me like every ten minutes! Like WTF??? How hard is this??? Grrrrr!!! We went to this place, A-Town wings last week, and I, literally, turned the key in the ignition without moving, and I had Ranch dresseing spilled in the backseat! I hadn't even moved yet! What the hell is their malfunction? Seriously!

Replies:

• Awwww, if only it could be that easy... -- Comicality, 01:19:36 09/28/20 Mon

Great story, very sweet...but, unfortunately, the people who think like that in this day and age are probably too far gone to be saved. It's a shame, really. :/

Still...the story made me smile.

Replies:

Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.