VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:59:02 06/01/20 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: :)
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Imagine Question For 6/1" on 02:51:11 06/01/20 Mon

Sooooo many dreams! Hehehe, I'm surprised that I was even able to balance them all in my head all at once, to be honest. But, one thing that I can be proud of is the fact that I really did pursue almost all of them. Some, I was good at. Some...not so much. But I always took a shot.

I think my biggest shot was an acting career. I went all out for that one. Had some successes too, but that whole business is full of rejection. Which, I was a 'tween' at the time, and dealing with stuff at home and that...it was difficult. It's hard not to take it personally. I had an agent, but it wasn't like a Hollywood agent. Her name was Mrs. Hooper, and she was with a modeling agency. And...errr...hehehe I hated modeling! I really did. The clothes and the poses and just...everything about it was boring to me. I wanted to make movies and stuff, you know? So she got me some 'extra' work in a few movies, but that was about it. (Although...Mmmm Thomas Ian Nicholas in "Rookie Of The Year"! Hehehe, I was on that set. And he was so damn CUTE with the squeaky voice! ::Faints::)

I also wanted to be a comic book artist at one time, so I was drawing stuff non-stop. And I wanted to make music too, which I actually was pretty good at for a while, but don't ask. :P And I went to college for film and television because I wanted to make my own movies too and bring my stories to the big screen. So, yes...I do have some student films out there as well. Hehehe! But, because of scheduling restrictions where I needed certain prerequisites for my film classes before I could move forward...I decided to take a creative writing class to fill up my schedule.

That TERRIFIED me! I mean, I took itbecase it was available, it was good for college credit, and after the comic books and the movie ideas and the acting scripts I had read and performed...I figured it would be an easy 'A' and keep up my GPA. But, once I got there, I was so nervous. These were people who wanted to write stories for a living, you know? How am I going to add up?

Long story short, the stuff I read out loud in class and shared with them was met with looks of...um....shock, I guess. Like, "You wrote that YESTERDAY???" And my teacher submitted some of my works to the college's annual collection of prized works. So, I dodged a bullet, I guess? :P

I tried writing online for a short while after that, but I found that so-called 'professional' writers could be really dismissive. Granted, I was still learning, but they could be so elitist. I didn't like that at all. So I stopped for a while.

Then...came Nifty. And hot stories about cute boys falling in love. Then came "New Kid In School" and 'Comicality'....the end! Hehehe!

So, I've had more dreams than I could possibly list here in this one little space...but I definitely chased them! And I don't regret it at all. I've had some amazing experiences, looking back. With my artwork, with my acting, with my music, with my film work, and now with my writing. If you've got a dream, you've ot to go for it, right? Better to fail than to not try.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.