VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:55:45 06/23/20 Tue
Author: mike
Subject: It's insane. It really is.
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Sometimes...it's hard..." on 07:16:40 06/23/20 Tue

It's part of the reason why I am very much a misanthropist.
There are lots of good people in the world, but I'm not sure they are anywhere near the majority. When you take away every sexist, every racist, every homophobe, and every religious extremist, how many people do we have left? Probably a slither of the total amount.

I've heard that Chicago has a gun sales ban? But it's not going to be much help when the rest of Illinois and other cities don't.

I don't know the answer to America's problem with guns, as someone who lives in a country with very little of them, it's not something I understand. I think there's some paranoia about the government coming for citizens. I used to think that was ridiculous, but then I saw how Trump set the police on the peaceful protesters, with rubber bullets tear gas, and threatening to bring in the military, a couple of weeks ago.

Here's the funny thing though, those who generally stock pile guns and get paranoid about the government coming to get them, were actually praising Trump on social media, for doing exactly what they always rant about, because it wasn't happening to them.

They're so clueless though because they don't realize the precedent it sets. It could well be them next time...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Do you think America will ever finally get fed up and decide to give up guns? (NT) -- Dom, 10:38:20 06/25/20 Thu

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.