Oklahoma Disaster Relief
VoyForums Notice -- Quick Contributions:|
Donate $10 to the Red Cross: Text the word REDCROSS to 90999
Donate $10 to the Salvation Army: Text the word STORM to 80888
* The charge will appear on your cellphone bill.
The Harmon Globetrotters
Here is the place where we can discuss any kind of sports from football to NASCAR to baseball to golf to basketball to tennis to hockey to touch football with Harm.
This board is moderated the same as the HarmyBoard.
Back to the HarmyBoard
Email the moderators
- Since Canada has been having center stage here with the Olymipics, I have a question for all you Harmybroads. -- CM>^.,.^<, 11:49:27 02/23/10 Tue 
Now, lots of us have a fav Harmkins in uniform look, be it the khakis, flight suit, mess dress, dress whites, or whatever.
Some of us were overjoyed to see Harm in a suit and trenchcoat, some loved a more casual Harm in jeans.
Then, there are the various fantasy Harms, like Shellyanna's Harm on a horsey (and the one she got was not the one she'd dreamed of, we know!).
But ever since the opening ceremony, CatMom has wondered if we haven't missed a perfect fantasy Harm. That would be MOUNTIE HARM.
Tell me I am not the only Harmybroad who had this thought?
[ Edit | View ]
- I hadn't but..oh la la! I've had a thing for Mounties ever since I was a child and one stopped me on the street in Montreal. He was about 20 ft tall and scared me to death till he said "you have beautiful eyes". I think I may still be in love with him. (NT) -- Carrotts - Harm as a Mountie would take me over the top!, 12:01:50 02/23/10 Tue
- Harm as a Mountie, what a great idea! Too bad he wasn't cast in "Due South". I loved that show. When we were in Regina, we visited the Mountie Training Center and had a very interesting tour. I've visited most of the Canadian Provences except the Maritimes and I hope to visit there someday. (NT) -- Lee, 13:35:12 02/23/10 Tue
- How about Harm in one of those bobsledding outfits. If you have seen the guys in those you know what I mean (NT) -- Hope, 07:07:54 02/24/10 Wed
- I would love to see Harm kitted up for some Highland games, skean du and all. I'd be particularly enthralled during his javelin throw as he makes his violent twirls -- the kilt ALWAYS goes up quite high to reveal all!! (Which begs the question -- who really wins the gold in those games and for what reason??!! -- it's all in the kilt twirls!!) (NT) -- mj, 14:47:39 02/24/10 Wed
- Harm as a Mountie.Definitely.lol. (NT) -- NGH, 13:00:11 02/27/10 Sat
- Ah, yes, GREAT idea. I'll take Harm as a Mountie, or a "mount-ee" or even a "mount-me"! (NT) -- The Chief (and he wouldn't need that big had or those annoying jodhpurs, either!), 01:16:46 02/28/10 Sun
- Figure skating -- Theresa, 02:46:46 02/25/10 Thu 
The girl who skated two days after her mom suddenly died broke my heart!
[ Edit | View ]
- Oh, yeah, and she did a wonderful job, too. You could tell that she was barely holding it together when she finished, though. I don't know how she did it. (NT) -- Lee, 10:50:59 02/25/10 Thu
- I think that this Olympics' figure skating competition was perhaps the best I've ever seen, and I haven't missed one since 1968. There were so many spectacular performances, so many touching stories, so many skaters who, instead of choking and falling during their routines, rose to the occasion and skated the performances of their lives. I do have to give the platinum medal to Joannie though. To do what she did under the circumstances - unbelievable. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it. (NT) -- Ann, 11:22:08 02/27/10 Sat
- Medal standing for Sat. Feb. 20th -- Cece, 17:53:48 02/21/10 Sun 
USA 6 7 10 23 ........Grm 5 6 5 16
Nwy 5 3 4 12 ........S.Kor 4 4 1 9
Can 4 3 1 8..........Aus 2 3 3 6
Fra 2 2 4 8..........Rus 2 3 2 7
Swz 5 0 1 6..........Swed 3 1 2 6
Chi 3 1 1 5..........N.Land 2 1 1 4
Pol 0 3 1 4......... Ita 0 1 3 4
Slv 1 1 1 3..........Jap 0 1 2 3
Ast 1 1 0 2.........CzRep 1 0 1 2
Lat 0 2 0 2.........Slov 0 1 1 2 ****
Bel 0 1 1 2........GrBrit 1 0 0 1
Kaz 0 1 0 1 ........Fin 0 1 0 1
Est 0 1 0 1.........Croat 0 0 1 1
I had to type these numbers up, so I've done them side by side in winning order. I hope it's not confusing.
Congratulations to the top countries, but special congratulations to the small countries who not only competed, but have won medals.
Maya asked me to mention Slovenia, which has got a silver and bronze. Slovenia only has a population of 2 million, so that is an amazing feat CONGRATULATIONS SLOVENIA!!!
(I'm sorry this isn't clearer, but I've spent a long time trying to make it clear....and IT WON'T do what I want...grr.}
[ Edit | View ]
- Does anyone watch Good Morning America on NBC? If you do, you'll know they are airing from Grouse Mountain during the Olypics. -- Cece, 18:33:02 02/21/10 Sun
- I'm watching ski cross right now. I just can't beleve those athletes. They're amazing and crazy too. LOL (NT) -- judi (btw, Cece, where are the pictures???), 20:38:24 02/21/10 Sun
- (NT) -- Cece, 20:49:30 02/21/10 Sun
- Click here for pictures promised above. (NT) -- Cece, 20:51:21 02/21/10 Sun
- Cece - wonderful pictures, thank you for sharing! (NT) -- rmhlrkr -- ps - love your dog, 23:19:16 02/21/10 Sun
- The snow boarding half pipe blows my hair back! Whoa! (NT) -- Theresa, 23:48:20 02/21/10 Sun
- Wow, Cece, I´m sooo jealous! When can I come visit? (NT) -- Jam getting more and more frustrated with the view outside her window....lol, 07:33:43 02/22/10 Mon
- I really like the ice dancing, but I didn't like the Russian costumes at all. Any one else watch it? (NT) -- Lee, 16:20:23 02/22/10 Mon
- CONGRATULATIONS, CANADA! On your gold medal in ice dancing. They are such a handsome couple and they did a great job! (NT) -- Lee, 00:59:54 02/23/10 Tue
- I'll update the medal count tomorrow. -- Cece, 21:00:55 02/19/10 Fri 
Congratulations to the USA for 4 golds yesterday. But WAAAHHH....I was really pulling for Plushenko. I know Lysecek is a wonderful skater and he totally deserved to win with his better skate, but Plushenko has always been magic for me, ever since I first saw him about the age of 15. Of course, I wanted Canada's Patrick Chan to win, but it just wasn't his time. He's only 19, so it's not like
I also feel sad for Plushenko, as this could very well be his last Olympics, and I'm going to miss him. Russia only has one gold to this point, which is such a change from when they dominated, particularly in skating.
I also loved Takahashi, Johnny Weir, Fiorent Amodio (great back story), and I loved Michal Bresina (Czech Republic) who skated to American in Paris.
Meanwhile, despite the technical gliches, Vancouver is having one heck of a party. It never stops and everyone seems to be having a good time. The weather is fabulous, at least for now, and Vancouver is looking pretty nice.
[ Edit | View ]
- Hmmm.....I didn't finish my sentence. I meant to say, it's not like it's the end for Patrick Chan. (NT) -- Cece, 21:24:45 02/19/10 Fri
- Gunna try and catch the figureskating on youtube long after the fact. I know, I know, but at least we're not going to be getting up before dawn to do the 200 mile car trip for Guy for a few weeks. Maybe I can even stay awake to see Canada/USA hockey tomorrow night. (NT) -- CM>^.,.^<, 18:21:05 02/20/10 Sat
- I thought that Lysacek was fantastic, inside for the rest -- Ann, 20:57:10 02/20/10 Sat
- I'm watching Canada vs. Great Britian in Men's Curling. I vote that #1 we get more Curling here in the U.S. (though I don't understand it, it's fascinating) & #2 we get John Morris from Team Canada to teach it to us. Very easy on the eyes, indeed. (NT) -- dg, 00:36:42 02/21/10 Sun
- I must admit I've fallen for curling also. What is it about that game? Guess it doens' hurt that the guys are "easy" on the eyes also. (NT) -- usmgrad, 13:36:51 02/21/10 Sun
- I first watched curling a few Olympics ago, when our Canadian women's team were in the semi-finals. They went on to win the Gold. I had no idea what was happening, but it was surprisingly exciting. (inside for a sad connected story.) -- Cece, 15:39:28 02/21/10 Sun
- Can you add Slovenia to the medal count (one silver and one bronze)- not bad for a country of 2 millions. (NT) -- Maja, 16:53:17 02/21/10 Sun
- Anyone following men's figure skating? Anyone following anything? -- Cece, 20:08:28 02/17/10 Wed 
[ Edit | View ]
- I have been watching the skiing, XC skiing and snowboarding, I fell asleep last nite during the skating, not that it was boring, just the I fell asleep, hard day at work (NT) -- Jen, 20:24:40 02/17/10 Wed
- I'm watching every night - staying up later than I should! I particulary like the skating and the skiing - all the events. (NT) -- Jan, 20:30:40 02/17/10 Wed
- I have been following everything! Love watching figure skating. Is going to be an exciting long program tomorrow! (NT) -- Sunset, 22:48:20 02/17/10 Wed
- We've been watching every evening. Can't believe the scores in Womens Ice Hockey (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 23:12:54 02/17/10 Wed
- Saw the men ski jump the normal hill, watched the men's crosscountry, tonight watched Lyndsey Vonn win gold in the women's downhill. Yesterday my son and I caught curling - that's an interesting sport! Also caught some hockey. Unfortunately don't have much time to watch alot. However I must say the senery is absolutly beautiful! (NT) -- usmgrad, 23:15:11 02/17/10 Wed
- Men's figure skating - OMG it has been an amazing competition, am about to shoot out for the night, but have to say, was glued to the television yesterday afternoon, my kids were lucky they got feed at all. (NT) -- Katiegirl, 01:09:38 02/18/10 Thu
- Watching as much as can and staying up to late every night. Loved the snowboarding, speed skating and skinning. Go USA we had a great night last night. It was amazing how high Shawn White got in that half pipe. My only problem with the ice skating was that they all did those jumps right away then seemed to all do the same skate around failing their arms about and it got a little repetitive and boring but hey just my opinion. Felt sorry for the USA curling teams as having some bad luck. (NT) -- Hope, 07:09:40 02/18/10 Thu
- Have been watching the skiing and snowboarding events so far. Also have been following speed skating and curling - just wish they'd put it on in better timeslots. (NT) -- Christa, 07:11:06 02/18/10 Thu
- Oh, yes. We're very sleepy at night so I missed the men's skating on Tuesday as we had to be up very early Wednesday. I did watch the videos on line though. LOVED the pairs (I'm a bit fonder of the pairs and ice dancing than either the men or women individual). Looking forward to all of that, and Capt. CD is crazy about hockey being from Baaaaaaahhhhhston. (NT) -- CM>^.,.^<, 07:26:04 02/18/10 Thu
- I have always loved watching the Olympics. Staying up too late, to watch. Some things are shown during the middle of the night, so I watch more when I can't sleep. I don't understand the differences in the alpine events. Can anyone help? Slalom, Giant Slalom, Downhill (NT) -- Rachel, 10:07:50 02/18/10 Thu
- Hockey and snowboarding! Can't believe the air Shaun White got in the half-pipe, man that guy is nuts!(but effective ;0) I've been trying to watch others as well, but am frustrated that multiple events are shown at same time depending on what channel (CTV vs. TSN, etc) I've missed a number of medals b/c I was watching the wrong channel at the wrong moment :-( (NT) -- Gibson, 10:30:39 02/18/10 Thu
- I watch whatever I can...which is usually whatever takes place in the morning. Due to the time difference, all the prime time events are in the middle of the night...*sigh* I´d love to watch some figure skating.... (NT) -- Jam, 11:10:59 02/18/10 Thu
- I live in Western New York, so I get to watch CBC Canadian channel along with NBC. Don't forget too that they have some things on CNBC, MSNBC and USA channels (if you get those cable channels). With the time difference though the mens figure skating won't even start until 8 and probably won't finish until midnight. (NT) -- Rachel, 14:45:00 02/18/10 Thu
- It finished after midnight, but I stayed up anyway just to watch Plesenko skate. He won the silver. But I really liked watching him anyway. (NT) -- Marilyn, 06:31:44 02/19/10 Fri
- Wow, some tough skiing conditions here! I guess that's the story of winter sports. You don't always get the weather you want. -- Cece, 13:41:09 02/18/10 Thu 
I'm a bit ticked off with some of the foreign press who are so critical of the Vancouver games. They don't mention any of the good things. Oh well. Here is the medal standing as of yesterday:
1. USA 4-Gold 3-Silver 5-Bronze = 12
2. Germany 3-Gold 4-Silver 3-Bronze = 10
3. France 2-Gold 1-Silver 4-Bronze = 7
4. Canada 2-Gold 3-Silver 1-Bronze = 6
5. Korea 3-Gold 2-Silver 0-Bronze = 5
5. Austria 1-Gold 2-Silver 2-Bronze = 5
5. Norway 1-Gold 2-Silver 2-Bronze = 5
8. Switzerland 3-Gold 0-Silver 1-Bronze = 4
8. China 2-Gold 1-Silver 1-Bronze = 4
8. Italy 0-Gold 1-Silver 3-Bronze = 4
Congratulations to all the medal winners. They were tough to get, but you did it! I'm in awe of your courage, skill, and dedication, qualities that will take you successfully through life in virtually any field of endevour.
[ Edit | View ]
- Thank goodness the rain let up and we actually had blue skies. -- Cece, 15:30:23 02/15/10 Mon 
First of all, yes Gibson, I saw it....Canada's first gold ever on Canadian soil, won by Alexander Bilodeau in the men's mogels.Congratulations Canada!! Alex has a very moving back story. He gave up his interest in junior hockey when he was very young, because his older brother, who has severe cerebral palsy, couldn't skate. His brother has been by his side all his life, and is his biggest supporter.
Here is the total medal count up to last night:
1. France 2 0 1 (3) Leading in gold.
2. Germany 1 3 0 (4)
3. U.S. 1 2 3 (6) Leading in medals.
4. Canada 1 1 1 (3)
5. South Korea 1 1 0 (2)
6. Russia 0 0 1 (1)
DH and I went down town, and walked around doing very little for about 8 hours. There were thousands of people milling the streets, and the atmosphere was fabulous. When it got dark, and the restaurants, beer gardens, clubs, street entertainment etc, were filled with Vancouverites and our fab visitors, it was just so exciting. At one point, we heard an enormous roar, and that's when we found out about our first gold medal won inside Canada. Yaaaayyyy.
I'm making a web album of street scenes just to give you a sense of the atmosphere.
So, any Olympic highlights from anyone else?
[ Edit | View ]
- how exciting! I have been watching the skiing and now figure skating, but just the thought of being there is so neat! Great job reporting Cece (NT) -- Jen, 21:18:10 02/15/10 Mon
- Thanks, Cece. I've been watching, too, but there's nothing like actually being there. (NT) -- Lee, 21:28:04 02/15/10 Mon
- Great work by our on the scene reporter! Congratulations to Canada on securing their first gold on home soil. Congratulations to all the medalists and athletes for their hard work and dedication. Also a big congrats to Vancouver for their hosting of the games. (NT) -- Christa, 06:17:06 02/16/10 Tue
- I can't wait to go next monday. Just experiencing the ambiance will be so fabulous. Congrats on Canada winning their first home gold. They were really partying at Whistler! LOL (NT) -- judi, 13:04:27 02/16/10 Tue
- So cool Cec! So glad Canada got it's home won gold sooner rather than later. Now, go HOCKEY TEAM! Not to be unAmerican or anything, but what could be more correct than the Canadian hockey teams winning gold at home, I ask ya? Eh? (NT) -- CM>^.,.^<, 13:39:59 02/16/10 Tue
- Congrats to all the nations. Job well done by Canada and Im rooting for USA all the way. Hi Cece,Judi,CM,Paris. I miss you all. (NT) -- Yvonne, 15:56:00 02/16/10 Tue
- Sunday Day 2: The sun is peeking out (holding breath.) -- Cece....wearing an unbrella to bed.....LOL., 14:38:47 02/14/10 Sun 
DH and I watched the women's mogals and saw Canada win SILVER. Some other country, (usa). won gold (Sorry, having a grumpy moment..LOL.) CONGRATULATIONS USA!
Here is the medal count.
Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010 Medal Count
United States - 4 (1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze)
South Korea - 2 (1 Gold, 1 Silver)
Netherlands - 1 (1 Gold)
Switzerland - 1 (1 Gold)
Slovakia - 1 (1 Gold)
Canada - 1 (1 Silver)
Germany - 1 (1 Silver)
Poland - 1 (1 Silver)
Austria - 1 (1 Bronze)
France - 1 (1 Bronze)
Russia - 1 (1 Bronze)
We're off to see what's going on in the city. Will report later.
[ Edit | View ]
- OLYMPICS update: First official day of the games. -- Cece...reporting from the Wet Coast, aka the Left Coast...Vancouver., 18:01:41 02/13/10 Sat 
I posted this video below, but I'll post it again as it's as much a tribute to all Olympian athletes as it is to Canada. This song, "I Believe" is sung by 16 yr old jazz singer from Montreal, Nikki Yankofsky, and we've been seeing it on tv for the past couple of weeks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrCA0HK-yO0">Click here.
Okay, today the weather is NOT cooperating, and it's rainy and dreary. When Vancouver has clear weather, it is intoxicatingly beautiful--clean and fresh, with glass towers and pink cherry trees, agaist a backdrop of snow capped mountains, tall trees, and blue sea. Even in the Winter, people sit outside at their fave coffee shops (on virtually every street corner). We are a city of technophiles, health nuts, protestors, and druggies, with large gay and Asian populations and people who come from everywhere else but here. I am totally in love with this city and have been since I got here in 1971.
BUT when it's rainy and dreary, espectially when we have the world visiting us.....AKKKKK....we all take responsibility for the weather, and go around apologizing. Afterall, if you can't SEE the mountains, what's the point?
So it's all a little nerve wracking. We NEED people to admire and love us....LOL. So we are praying to the weather gods to take the darn rain, and deposit it on the Sahara. They NEED it.
We are also still shocked and saddened over the loss of 21 yr old Georgian luge athlete, Nodar Kumaritashvili who died yesterday. It's unbelievable.
I am admittedly biased, but I really enjoyed the opening ceremonies, (except the torch thingy that went wrong.) I thought it was fun and classy, and not over the top. The technical aspect were arty more than showy, and I particularly liked the whales, and the big bear, and the fact that the audience was used as a canvas.
I loved the poem, "We are more" by slam poet, Shane Koyczan. I also loved the opera singer, Measha Brueggergosman, who sang the Olympic hymn. I've never heard her before, and I was impressed. Here is a youtube of her singing, Night and Dreams. It's haunting. Click here. I though k.d. lang was fabulous. Her version of Leonard Cohen's, Hallelujah, was so touching. Wow, she still has great pipes.
I'll let you sports fans write about the actual sports events. I haven't had the chance to see very much, other than some speed skating, but I'm looking forward to seeing more. Meanwhile, DH and I plan on going down town tomorrow to see some of the free goings on.
Okay...a one and a two and a three....ALLTOGETHER, do the weather dance. "Rain, rain, bugger off please,/ Let us see some flowers and trees./ Take the fog and leave some snow,/ While we all sing GO CANADA, GO!!" (Insert country of choice.)
[ Edit | View ]
- The Olympics!! -- The Chief, 10:14:52 02/12/10 Fri 
Tonight's the night! Opening Ceremonies!!!
Let's have a lively discussion about it here, and chat about our fave sports, athletes, "Olympic Moments", etc. on this board for the next two weeks!
And we even have our own "on location" reporter in Vancouver, our very own Cece! Maybe she can give us some "inside scoop"!
This should be fun!
[ Edit | View ]
- THANK YOU Chief!! OMG, it's already so exciting. I've been watching the tv since 6 am, and the first torch carrier of the day, started off on our beautiful and historic, Lion's Gate Bridge. (Inside.) -- Cece, 11:32:04 02/12/10 Fri
- Thanks for the wonderful description, Cece. As someone who lives in the Seattle area, I love seeing Vancouver in the news everyday. I am looking forward to watching the Olympics this time in large part because of the location. I am going to try and watch some Canadian television coverage, as well as American. As far as athletes go, I am particularly interested in watching Apolo Anton Ohno, who is from Seattle, and has a chance of becoming the athlete with the most medals in the Winter Olympics ever. (NT) -- SeaBeth - waving to a fellow Northwest Wench, 12:11:09 02/12/10 Fri
- awesome coverage Cece, feels like I am there with you! Can't wait to watch it all! (NT) -- Jen, 13:22:58 02/12/10 Fri
- Thanks so much for this, Cece. Like Jen said, I feel like I'm right there with you! Awesome! (NT) -- Lee, 14:09:57 02/12/10 Fri
- That's so great Cec. We did the "see the torch" thing when it went through here going to ATL in 96 (GLUP)! One of our Teddies still wears the "I SAW THE TORCH" sticker on his little jumper. (NT) -- CM>^.,.^<, 16:53:47 02/12/10 Fri
- Oh my goodness, a terrible tragedy already. A Georgian luge contestant has died during a practice run. I saw it on tv. He was going around 148 k.p.h. and flipped out into a steel pole. He was only 21. I know it's a dangerous sport, and always a risk. I believe he died instantly, doing the thing he loved to do. (NT) -- Cece (reporting the bad news as well as the good.), 16:20:44 02/12/10 Fri
- Don't forget to tune into the opening ceremonies! We were going to go downtown to be in the crowd, but I think not. It'll take us hours to get back home. Besides, I don't want to see the protesters up close and personal. There are about 1000, with all different agendas. They come complete with balaclavas...eek. They've already upset the Canadian veterans...real heroes. But the ceremonies are inside, where the protesters can't enter. (NT) -- Cece....who has a bottle of wine all ready to celebrate!!, 18:16:44 02/12/10 Fri
- I love the Winter Olympics and am looking forward to both watching on TV and the posts here. (NT) -- jan, 19:24:12 02/12/10 Fri
- Watching the opening ceremonies right now, so beautiful I love these things. I don´t know how many people are still up over here (5:45 am now), but it´s so worth it. Wish I was there! (NT) -- Jam, 23:49:16 02/12/10 Fri
- Well, that was spectacular! Congratulations to our Canadian friends! (NT) -- Lee, 00:20:29 02/13/10 Sat
- Football Results - SuperBowl! -- judi, 23:10:48 02/10/10 Wed 
Football season is over!!!!
What a SuperBowl up to the last two minutes. Congratulations to the "Who dat?" Saints. I better watch what I say, I might get sued by the NFL.click here for details
But back to the Superbowl. Harm says it was such an exciting game. Harm says, Peyton isn't really to blame for the loss. Some of the coaching decisions were bad like when Indy stopped the Saints on 4th and goal. They just did 3 running plays with a practise squad
running back. With the interception, it appeared that Wayne didn't run the route right. In the end, it was the Saints defense that did it. Still you can't take anything away from the flawless game that Brees played and the near flawless game Manning played. Harm
was just happy the game was better then the commercials this year.
But on to the results. We had two pools together so I'll do the big one first. There are two winners here that did much better then the other 4. And that is dg with a score of 5 and Katiegirl with 6. Since dg did one point better then Katiegirl, you will get Harm first.
Sooooo dg and Katiegirl, y'all get to spend a week with
Congratulations dg and Katiegirl!!!
The other four Superbowl contenders are Jen, Debbi, Martian Barb and doc. Y'all get to take a shower with
Ok, now for the best of the rest. Actually, this winner had the best score of everyone including dg and Katiegirl. She had a -2 score. She was almost perfect, so we are going to give her an extra night with Harm when dg and Katiegirl are finished with him. That
winner isssssssssss Cece, the yenta!!!!!. You get to spend two nights with !!!
In second place is usmgrad(3), Angela(2) and CM(6). Y'all get to give a massage..
In third place is Lee (16), Can Sheshe (14), HarmMacLove (12), kleigh (18), Araninda (18) and Linda R (17) . You five are the last who get to bring up the
[ Edit | View ]
- What great timing. dg, you go for it, just don't tire him out too much, he needs to help me recover from a 6 year olds birthday. (NT) -- Katiegirl, 23:49:39 02/10/10 Wed
- OMG! Faint.....! TWO! nights with Harm! Count 'em....ONE, TWOOOOOO!.... Yaaaayyyy. I've never, never, never, won by myself before! (Who cares about Katiegirl and dg? Who dat anyway?) And my guess was so brilliant! But I don't brag, nor do I whine....(secretely trying to erase the last post below....LOL.) (NT) -- Cece...doing the happy dance....Tra la...Dat's Me, Dat's Me!!!, 00:20:17 02/11/10 Thu
- Well, bringing up the rear seems to be my usual place, but I love it! (NT) -- Lee, 11:24:02 02/11/10 Thu
- Another season has come and gone - it's been a great one, with lots of firsts - like the SAINTS winning th Super Bowl!!!! So as we bring another season to a close all I can say is - I'm ready for my massage now Harm, and you don't have to stop until preseason begins. (NT) -- usmgrad, (that's football preseason not baseball preseason.), 18:26:30 02/11/10 Thu
- Yay! I have rescued him from a tree, had a beer with him, brought up the rear many times and even had him for the night, now I get to take a shower with him, that'll work! Anytime Harm is clothesless is a good time for me! (NT) -- Jen, who is wondering what we do NOW? Not with Harm, but with the sports page...this has been most fun! Thanks judi and Harm and all!, 21:28:21 02/11/10 Thu
- Yea, a massage! I'll have a use for the shrink couch! Since the shippers are no longer shuddering (sobbing, crying, tearing out their hair, etc) it doesn't get much use these days. (NT) -- CM>^.,.^<, 16:50:07 02/12/10 Fri
- YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just had the chance to come and check since I've been wrapped up in work and school this week. Hmmm...me and Harm and a snowy weekend ahead for NC. Winning DOES have its privileges!! (NT) -- dg -- Way to go Saints!!, 00:14:14 02/13/10 Sat
- I'm not sure, but I think I FINALLY won! And.....sniff.....I haven't got my date with Harm, and it's too late for anyone to care! -- Whining Cece......Dat's Who., 15:28:26 02/10/10 Wed 
[ Edit | View ]
- Superbowl picks -- judi, 15:04:22 02/03/10 Wed 
It's Superbowl time!!! That means there is only one game. I'm going to do this in two chunks. The first chunk will consist of those who got the right teams in the Superbowl. Whoever picks closest to the score and winner will get a week with Harm. The second chunk will
be everyone else guessing the winner and the score to get a night with Harm. Harm's already cleared it with Mac. Actually, this required lots of 'discussions' in the bedroom but he finally won out.
So here we go:
The two teams in the Superbowl are: Indianapolis Colts vs New Orlean Saints
The harmies still in the running for a week with Harm are: dg, Katiegirl, Martian Barb, Jen, doc and Debbi! Y'all choose the winner and the score for a week with Harm!
The rest of the harmies choose the winner and the score for a night with Harm.
[ Edit | View ]
- Colts, 23 - 21 (NT) -- Lee - I'll bet that Harm had to do a lot of sweet talkin'. LOL, 16:54:00 02/03/10 Wed
- We will take the Lab mix in the Puppy Bowl (NT) -- the Spud-pups, 17:51:12 02/03/10 Wed
- We'll take the tuxie in the All Kitten Halftime! (NT) -- MAC and GUY, CM's sons, 09:23:54 02/06/10 Sat
- gUy an MAc, ol kitee frens! Yoos is CAts!!!! yOos Is not s'posed to SShow yoo kare bout Footsballs. Now iffen it wass MoWSieBall, or efen PAWSBall...den dat wud be difrent. So be KOoL KIttIEs! (NT) -- GOWIAF.....cECe's owner., 18:23:12 02/07/10 Sun
- Bark, Bark, Yip, Ruff, Grrrrr, Bark, Bark, Yip, Ruff, Grrrrr, Bark, Bark, Yip, Ruff, Grrrrr, Bark, Bark, Yip, Ruff, Grrrrr, Bark, Bark, Yip, Ruff, Grrrrr, (NT) -- Bruno, Emma-Lu, Ruby and Zoey Spud-pup, 10:58:36 02/08/10 Mon
- Saints, 35-21 (NT) -- usmgrad, 18:08:20 02/03/10 Wed
- The Colts! 42-10 (NT) -- Jen, who is very,very BLUE this week, 18:40:49 02/03/10 Wed
- Saints 38 -21 (NT) -- Katiegirl (keeping her fingers crossed), 20:05:29 02/03/10 Wed
- Colts 38-28 (NT) -- doc, 21:18:56 02/03/10 Wed
- Colts 35-10 (NT) -- Martian Barb...the wrong black and gold team is in the Super bowl this year...Oh well, the right one will be there next year...for now Go Pens!, 21:41:44 02/03/10 Wed
- Colts 38-35 (NT) -- Debbi, 23:10:27 02/03/10 Wed
- Saints....28-24 (NT) -- dg, 01:39:35 02/04/10 Thu
- Colts 28-17 (NT) -- tamk3, 09:47:27 02/04/10 Thu
- Saints 28-21 (NT) -- Angela -- Mommy of 2 JAGlettes, 10:41:50 02/04/10 Thu
- Colts 34 - 17 (NT) -- rmhlrkr - a big THANK YOU to judi and Harm for doing this for us., 13:06:30 02/04/10 Thu
- Indianapolis Colts 27-24 (NT) -- HarmMacLove...let's go Indy!, 20:41:22 02/04/10 Thu
- Colts; 28-24 (NT) -- kleigh, 22:02:53 02/04/10 Thu
- Saints: 28-17 (NT) -- Cece, 14:51:04 02/05/10 Fri
- Saints, 37 - 34 (NT) -- Araninda, 21:03:54 02/05/10 Fri
- Colts 35-24 (NT) -- Sunset, 23:28:59 02/05/10 Fri
- colts 29 to 26 (NT) -- Linda R, 04:39:08 02/06/10 Sat
- Saints, 27-24. Sorry, IND, but the NO fans deserve one after all this time. (NT) -- CM>^.,.^<, 09:25:10 02/06/10 Sat
- Colts. 28-20. I got this from DH, so if I don't get Harm for a night, I'll have to get DH for a few nights. I can't lose! LOL (NT) -- JAG Junkie (Ronda), 17:44:53 02/06/10 Sat
- WHO DAT? Brees dat!!!! -- usmgrad, and that's how you play football!, 22:25:12 02/07/10 Sun 
[ Edit | View ]
- Football Results Conference Championship Games -- judi who hopes I didn't mess up too bad, 22:41:09 01/29/10 Fri 
This week was hard to compute. Speaking of which, I noticed cw playing, but I digress. So what I did was to add the differences between your scores and the real scores. Then I attached 5 points to the winning teams and subtracted that from the total. So the lowest scores win. Is that as clear as mud? Let me explain using the winners figures. The inner is Sunset! Sunset actually had the Colts winning 28 - 17. The actual score was 30 - 17 so she was only 3 pts off. She actually had the NFC game right but had the umbers flipped. Her difference was 6pts. That adds up to 9. She got only one of the right teams going into the Superbowl so we subtract 5 which equals 3.
Sunset, you get
for the night!
One word on the two games from Harm. WOW!!!!!! and that is a direct quote. In the first game, the Jets came out and seemed to control the game. Harm thinks Mark Sanchez is going to be a top qb. The Jets have a great defense, but then there is Peyton Manning. Once he figured them out, he was on a tear.And then there was the NFC game. Can Favre be any tougher? Who does he think he is? Harm?
Ok, back to the prizes. Oh yea, Katiegirl, you didn't put down the scores so you will be at the bottom doing you-know-what.
In second place with scores ranging from 5 to 15 are Martian Barb (12), usmgrad (10), doc (10) and Araninda (5). Y'all did good, so you'll get a nice long make-out session with
In third place with scores from 16 to 30 are Debbi (20), Angela (18), rmhlrkr (21) and dg (16). Y'all get to be stranded in the desert with
In fourth place with scores ranging from 33 to 40 are tamk3 (37), kleigh (33), cw (38), and Cece (36). Y'all get to help escape from Palmer.
The Harmies who did the worst were Mac (48), Lee (51), Katiegirl and Jen (46) So you three get to bring up the last of the year.
I'll put up the rest of the Superbowl contest in a few days.
[ Edit | View ]
- I will gladly bring up the rear, cuz judi, this entire points thing gave me a headache! You are a trooper! (NT) -- Jen, 23:11:57 01/29/10 Fri
- Judi, I love your math! Harm, wake UP! You donâ€™t get to sleep when you spend a night with me! BTW, I donâ€™t like coin toss, not in FWFS and certainly not in the Vikings & Saints game. It ruined my pick! LOL (NT) -- Sunset, 23:48:46 01/29/10 Fri
- I have NO idea what you are talking about judi, but hey, I get to hang out with CW, though I'm not sure what good CW will be helping Harm escape...LOL. I'm also ROTFLOL over your new words judi...."inner" and "umbers". Is your keyboard sticking? Dare we ask why? (NT) -- Cece, 14:06:27 01/30/10 Sat
- How nice to be stranded with Harm! It gets really cold at night in the desert, we'll have to huddle together to stay warm... (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 15:27:05 01/30/10 Sat
- Make out with Harm? Oh yeah, just what I need on a cold Saturday afternoon, Saturday night, Sunday morning . . . (NT) -- usmgrad - it's a long time until the Super Bowl!, 15:35:26 01/30/10 Sat
- I don't mind bringing up the rear. I could think of far worse views. I am with Jen though, we have to sidetrack MAC somehow. (NT) -- Katiegirl, 17:59:38 02/01/10 Mon
- Don't forget to go to the Close to Harm board to vote for DJE for Hunk of the Month! -- Lee, 11:42:38 02/01/10 Mon 
[ Edit | View ]
- Football Picks Playoffs Week Three -- judi and Harm (sorry we missed last week), 14:09:03 01/19/10 Tue 
Wow, what a weekend with one huge surprise. I'm devestated that the Cowboys didn't make it a game. Were they overconfident after the previous weeks blowing out opponents and the Vikings falling? Who knows. Harm says before this weekend the best teams were
the Saints, Colts, Vikings, Chargers and Cowboys. Obviously, either the Boys or Vikes had to go but what happened to San Diego and they're powerful offense? Now the Jets are the Cinderella team with a rookie qb, Sanchez. So who's going to come out on tope this
Since there are only two games, I'm going to ask for scores as well as picking the winners. The ones closest will win a night with Harm. Superbowl picks updates are there as well. Since I've been messing up some, please let me know if there are any errors.
Game One:New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts
Game Two:Minnesota Vikings @ New Orlean Saints
Superbowl Teams Update: I hope I'm right:
Still in the running with two teams still live:
Colts vs Saints: dg, Katiegirl, Martian Barb, Jen, doc and DEBBI 2
Jets vs Vikings: Linda R - 2
Colts vs Vikings: Carrotts, tamk3 2
Kind of in the running with one team still live:
Ravens vs Saints: JAG Junkie 1
Chargers vs Vikings: Sunset 1
Chargers vs Saints: usmgrad, Araninda 1
Colts vs Cowboys: dg, rmhlrkr 1
Totally out of it with both teams gone:
Ravens vs Cowboys: Angela, manette 0
Chargers vs Packers: kleigh 0
Patriots vs Packers: Lee 0
[ Edit | View ]
- Do you want the actual score (i.e. 28 to 10) or the total score (i.e. 38)? (NT) -- doc, 15:20:53 01/19/10 Tue
- Not that it really matters, but I think two of the pixs aren't right. The Colts pix is Harm with a gun and the Saints pix is Harm strumming his guitar. (NT) -- Araninda, 18:20:47 01/19/10 Tue
- Colts and Saints. As for scores, I have no idea can I go with by a margin of 14 instead? (NT) -- Katiegirl, 19:28:26 01/19/10 Tue
- Colts, 17-14; Saints, 35-28 (NT) -- usmgrad, I'm glad to know I haven't lost it, I thought the pix for the Saints was not right, 21:39:06 01/19/10 Tue
- Colts 14-10, Saints 35-31 (NT) -- Debbi, 22:49:43 01/19/10 Tue
- Colts 35-10; Saints 27-21 (NT) -- Martian Barb...Go Steelers, oh wait, they really screwed up this year!, 08:26:21 01/20/10 Wed
- Colts 34-10; Vikings 21-7 (NT) -- tamk3, 09:14:03 01/20/10 Wed
- Colts 24-7; Saints 30-17 (NT) -- Angela -- Mommy of 2 JAGLettes, 12:48:46 01/20/10 Wed
- Jets 21 - 14, Vikings 17 - 14. (NT) -- MAC - I'm not sure that I'm eliglble, but I can't win if I don't try., 15:54:17 01/20/10 Wed
- Jets 21-7, Vikings 21-14 (NT) -- Lee - I know I blew it on the Superbowl picks, but if Mac can pick, I guess I can. What am I doing? If I win, I'll have to fight off Mac!, 18:42:33 01/20/10 Wed
- Colts 24-10; Saints 38-28 (NT) -- doc, 22:33:21 01/20/10 Wed
- Jets 27-14; Saints 21-14 (NT) -- kleigh who has absolutley NO idea of what she is doing (scores are multiples of 7 ....right???), 01:09:25 01/21/10 Thu
- Colts 28 - 24, Saints 35 10 (NT) -- rmhlrkr - wouldn't it be funny if Mic and Webb won?, 14:44:38 01/21/10 Thu
- A Huge Colts win with 42-3 and the Saints with 42-10 (NT) -- Jen, "gotta believe in Blue!", 23:15:43 01/21/10 Thu
- Colts 35 - 14. Saints 28 - 24. (NT) -- Araninda, 01:59:55 01/23/10 Sat
- Colts 28-17 Saints 30-10 (although, I REALLY hope it's more like 127-3...Can you tell I'm not a Favre fan?? ) (NT) -- dg, 02:59:22 01/23/10 Sat
- Jets 35-27 Vilings 27-14 (NT) -- CW, 14:24:46 01/23/10 Sat
- Jets 35-24 Saints 27-14 (NT) -- Cece...who doesn't have a clue either., 14:25:54 01/23/10 Sat
- Colts 28-17, Vikings 31-28 (NT) -- Sunset, 23:13:25 01/23/10 Sat
- Superbowl Update... -- judi, 02:09:18 01/16/10 Sat 
I guess I kind of messed up the Superbowl picks. Sorry about that. Sometimes I do this late at night and I don't get a chance to check my work. A special thanks to rmhlrkr for pointing out my mistakes.
Colts vs Saints: dg, Katiegirl, Martian Barb, Jen, doc and DEBBI
Jets vs Vikings: Linda R - 2
Patriots vs Packers: Lee 0
Colts vs Cowboys: dg, rmhlrkr
Ravens vs Cowboys: Angela, manette
Chargers vs Saints: usmgrad, Araninda
Chargers vs Vikings: Sunset
Colts vs Vikings: Carrotts, tamk3
Chargers vs Packers: kleigh
Ravens vs Saints: JAG Junkie
[ Edit | View ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
[ Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,  ]
Forum timezone: GMT-5|
VF Version: 2.94, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.