The Harmon Globetrotters
Here is the place where we can discuss any kind of sports from football to NASCAR to baseball to golf to basketball to tennis to hockey to touch football with Harm.
This board is moderated the same as the HarmyBoard.
Back to the HarmyBoard
Email the moderators
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
- So, what did everyone think of the Super Bowl yesterday? -- Martian Barb...missed msot of the commercials, too!, 19:07:18 02/07/11 Mon 
I have to admit that I really did not see too much of the game. I had to work. So, besides being a little disappointed about the loss, I can honestly say that I am still proud of the Steelers. What I am not proud about was the poor showing of Christina Auguilera. So sad to admit that she is from Pittsburgh. I also did not see much of the Half-time show. My husband said the Fergie was flat and the show wasn't that good.
I have to congratulate the Green Bay Packers. They all played a very good game. The Steelers just didn't have it in them. Green Bay can be very proud of their team.
The Steeler Nation was a little down today, but everyone has said the same thing...we still have 6 trophies, more than any other team has. We are so proud of the Pittsburgh Stillers..we'll get Number 7 next year.
So any other comments about the National Anthem or the Half-time show?
[ Edit | View ]
- I dont like Aguilera so I was not sorry to miss her performance but sorry I missed out hearing the Star Spangled Banner and the military jet flybys. I enjoyed the game very much and had some memorable commercials like the Volkswagen Darth Vader one,finally saw the Capt.America teaser. While nothing beats the Michael Jackson halftime show long ago the Black Eyed Peas was pure fun and entertaining.I take clean fun than those desperate controversial ploys of Timberlake and Janet Jackson. (NT) -- Brooke, 19:58:10 02/07/11 Mon
- I have many friends in Texas so big thank you to their hospitality. Reading about big profile and celebs enjoying Dallas famous eatery Al Biernat's brought lots of happy Texas memories for me. Congratulations to both legendary teams especially the Packers. (NT) -- Brooke, 20:04:53 02/07/11 Mon
- I thought Christina Aguilera's performance of the National Anthem was the most horrible thing I've heard since Roseanne Barr's infamous disrespectful performance a few years ago. It makes me appreciate the job Sheryl Crowe did at the MLB All-Star game in 2009 even more. We actually turned the half-time show about 3 minutes in and watched America's Funniest Home Videos until the game started back. (NT) -- dg, 18:44:20 02/08/11 Tue
- I sometimes wonder what singers are thinking. I heard singers have the option to lipsync or sing live, Christina sang live and for that she gets me respect, however her "version" was not to my likeing, but then I much prefer a marching band playing it or a men's choir singing it. I actually didn't care for the singer that did American the Beautiful either, not a fan of Glee. Made chocolate cookies during half time! (NT) -- usmgrad, 22:23:43 02/08/11 Tue
- Im a Falcons girl so I was rooting for the Steelers since Green Bay beat my team.LOL! But I enjoyed the game....and for the first time I didnt check out the opening ceremony but maybe I lucked out. I was refreshing my memory with John Wayne's True Grit classic film before watching the Jeff Bridges version. (NT) -- Paris, 00:02:36 02/11/11 Fri
- I wasnt into the game this yr at all, but watched the singing of the Nat'l Anthem, she butchered the song and couldnt even get the words right. Halftime show was awful as well. I'm into country music. I wish my team was in the super bowl thou,then i would have watched-my team is New England and its funny the Patriots beat both of those teams. Oh well, there's always next yr. (NT) -- Jagcharmed2, 16:00:06 02/15/11 Tue
- SUPER BOWL results -- Harm and the rookie, 23:22:14 02/06/11 Sun 
And so we come to the end of another funtastic football season. Super Bowl XLV is in the history books, only one thing left to do, announce the winners of our final football pick!
This year's winners are Katiegirl, Sunset and MAC!
For their PRESEASON PICK of the Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl XLV Champions is ready to fly Katiegirl and Sunset (separately) to parts unknown for a week of "up close and personal" time with him!(Guaranteed no poachers!)
AND for picking the Green Bay Packers and being the closest to the final score, missing by only a total of four points MAC has won two days and two nights with .
For the rest of us . . .
For picking the Green Bay Packers to win, but missing the final score, Lee, manette, usmgrad, Araninda, and Deemus get to have a late night pillow talk with .
For having their preseason pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl, even though they didn't win, CM, Christa, kleigh and Martain Barb get to have cheer you up in his jammies.
For your Super Bowl pick at the end of the regular season of the Pittsburgh Steelers, even though they didn't win, Can Sheshe gets to drown her sorrows with and a beer of her choice. (Root, light, imported or domestic)
For playing this week, but not selecting the winning team, Buckiles, rmhlrkr, Jen, Debbi and Carrotts get to share an after game pizza with , hold the anchovies!
And last but not least, for being loyal to the Bengals, CM's gatos, is ready to scratch your head and rub your belly!
Make sure to join us again in August for another exciting football season, who knows, maybe next year will be your year to win it all!
[ Edit | View ]
- Well, if we didn't get the win, I still like having Harm cheer me up in his jammies, which is what I will be in shortly! Still love the Black and Gold and just think baseball season is just a few weeks away. Maybe it will be the year for the Pirates...not! (NT) -- Martian Barb thanking the Steelers for a fantastic season. Don't worry, we'll get number seven next year!, 00:34:33 02/07/11 Mon
- It was a great game. Congrats to the winners and I'll definitely enjoy having Harm cheer me up in his jammies! (NT) -- Christa, 07:06:17 02/07/11 Mon
- Finally pillow talk with Harm! Plan for it to be a long night Harm, I've got lots to 'say'. (NT) -- usmgrad, 07:57:24 02/07/11 Mon
- At least I get to share a beer with Harm, nice way to drown my sorrows. I will pick a good Canadian Beer, Keith's! Congratulations to the Packers, it went down to the wire, excellent game! Oh well I agree with MB, we will get No. 7 next year, we had a great season! Thanks again Harm and the rookie, you did a great job. (NT) -- Can Sheshe, 10:17:10 02/07/11 Mon
- Ooh, pillow talk with Harm. I wonder what kind of sweet nothings he'll whisper in my ear. (NT) -- Lee, 10:24:13 02/07/11 Mon
- All I can say is that I'm glad that football season is over! Now Harm can be home with me more nights than he's away! (NT) -- MAC, 10:26:33 02/07/11 Mon
- I love pizza and can think of no one I'd rather share with that Harm. (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 11:36:00 02/07/11 Mon
- WOW, a whole week "UP close & personal time!" Harm, I'm ready, are you? (NT) -- Happy Sunset, 20:43:55 02/07/11 Mon
- Thank you to the rookie for stepping in and doing a great job with our football pool! (NT) -- Araninda, 01:32:21 02/08/11 Tue
- I've been having such a good week with Harm that I forgot to post about how cool it was to win him and 'Sarah', going back into hiding now.......Well, that's Harm hiding something somewhere........... (NT) -- Katiegirl, 03:47:19 02/12/11 Sat
- WE GET OUR BELLY RUBBED!!! Yes!!!! (NT) -- CM>^.,.^< kids, 12:11:28 02/14/11 Mon
- Are we ready for some football????? -- Martian Barb...black and yellow, balck and yellow, black and yellow........, 20:21:05 01/31/11 Mon 
We are getting ready for the big game on Sunday. The Terrible Towels are ready and in the windows...we have three. Both my husband and I have our Steeler jerseys ready. But sadly, I have to work evenings on Sunday. I know that every single room will have the TV on even if there is no patient in the room!
For now, I have a link for everyone so you can enjoy some of the songs of the season. My personal favorites are "Steeler Nation" and "Drink Up Yinz Bitches!"
Truly original! We're also getting into a remix of "Black and Yellow" by Wiz Khalifa. So enjoy and get those Terrible Towels ready for Sunday.
[ Edit | View ]
- Super Bowl Picks -- Harm and the rookie, 20:25:54 02/03/11 Thu 
Well here we are at the end of another football season, the teams have worked hard to get here and are ready to play. Harm has also "worked" hard all season long preparing for the final game's prizes. I think he ready, what about you?
Representing the NFC is the Green Bay Packers . Lead by quarterback Aaron Rogers, the Packers ended the regular season with a
record of 10-6. Then went on to beat Philadelphia, Atlanta and Chicago in the post season. The Packers were the sixth seed when the playoffs began but managed to beat the odds and are ready to win it all. They are no stranger to the pressures of the Super Bowl, they have won twelve championships (most in the NFL) and three Super Bowls, 1967, 1968, 1997.
On the other side of the ball will be the AFC champions Pittsburgh Steelers . Under the leadership of Ben Roethlisberger the Steelers ended the regular season at 12-4.
In the post season, they were the second seed, had a first week bye and then managed wins against Baltimore and New York. The Steelers history with championships is strong, with seven championship titles and have gone on to win the Super Bowl six of the seven times, the last being in 2009.
That's the teams.
Now for the picks and prizes!
No one has both their preseason picks in the final game, however there are four with one team in the final game. CM and Christa preseason pick of Pittsburgh and Katiegirl and Sunset preseason pick of Green Bay.
For our Alternative picks made before the post season began, only three have a team in the final game, kleigh, Martian Barb and Can Sheshe all with Pittsburgh.
The rest of us will have to decided now between the Packers and Steelers.
Super Bowl Prizes
For the preseason picks if Pittsburgh wins is ready to fly CM and Christa (separately)to parts unknown for a week of "up close and personal" time with him!(Guaranteed no poachers!)
If Green Bay wins, it will be Katiegirl and Sunset catching that flight! Be the closest with your final score and you can add two days and nights to your Grand Prize.
For the alternate picks, if Green Bay wins is ready to take kleigh, Martian Barb and Can Sheshe (one at a time) away on his bike for four days of the ultimate adventure. You also can add two nights to this trip by guessing and being the closest to the final score.
And the rest of us? Guess the winning team and be closest to the final score (ie Green Bay 24-21) and you can win two days and two nights with .
If you miss the score or the winning team, I'm sure Harm will come up with something to cheer you up.
So who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl this year - Packers or Steelers? And what will be the final score? Make your pick (team and score) before the game starts on Sunday night!
[ Edit | View ]
- Ok my Steelers are going to beat the Packers 17-14. (NT) -- Christa, 21:28:16 02/03/11 Thu
- My pick is the STEELERS and they will win 27 to 20!!!!!! This will be an awesome game, two great teams, a game to remember. Also thank you Harm and the rookie for all your hard work during this years football season, a job well done. Love the prizes, this is so much fun. Thank you, thank you! (NT) -- Can Sheshe, 21:29:56 02/03/11 Thu
- Okay, I'm going against the tide and say that Green Bay is going to win 21-17. (NT) -- Lee, 21:54:29 02/03/11 Thu
- I'm picking the Green Bay Packers to win 21-10 (NT) -- manette, 22:20:47 02/03/11 Thu
- My pick is of course the STEELERS! I think it will be close....27-20. GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!!! (NT) -- Martian Barb...Waving her Terrible Towel proudly!, 00:55:36 02/04/11 Fri
- Green Bay Packers, 38-35 (NT) -- usmgrad, 07:29:22 02/04/11 Fri
- Green Bay Packers - 28-24 (NT) -- MAC, 09:44:14 02/04/11 Fri
- I'll go with the Lab-mix in the Puppy Bowl, the only REAL game on Sunday. (NT) -- Spud and the Spud-pups, 23:14:28 02/04/11 Fri
- Stick with the cheeseheads, Packers 24-20 (NT) -- Sunset, 23:30:46 02/04/11 Fri
- Will stick with my pre-season pick and go for a score of 21-17 (NT) -- Katiegirl, 05:25:41 02/05/11 Sat
- Steelers 24 - 17 (NT) -- Buckiles, 10:23:39 02/05/11 Sat
- Packers, 35 - 27. (NT) -- Araninda, 10:51:34 02/05/11 Sat
- Gotta stick with the Steelers. PIT 24-GBY 21. The gatos want the Bengals plus +165. I told them okay; they are only betting Pounce Treats anyway. (NT) -- CM>^.,.^<, 11:16:36 02/05/11 Sat
- I think the Packers will come out on top this time, 36 - 27. It should be a good game! (NT) -- Deemus, 11:38:45 02/05/11 Sat
- As much as I want an NFC win I'm going with the Steelers with a score of 35-24 (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 15:32:41 02/05/11 Sat
- I'm picking Pittsburgh 24-14 over the Packers (NT) -- Jen, 17:16:07 02/05/11 Sat
- Steelers 24-20 (NT) -- Debbi, 17:44:39 02/05/11 Sat
- Steelers!! 45-38. (NT) -- Carrotts - whew! it is 4:59 CST!!, 17:59:23 02/06/11 Sun
Results - Championship games! -- Harm and the rookie, 21:42:46 01/24/11 Mon 
Well it's been decided - the Super Bowl this year will be between the NFC Champion Green Bay Packers and the AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers
But more about that later, first on to more important things, like who won this week's pool. No one guessed both games correctly AND had the closest score, SO Harm decided on the following:
Getting the first game correct with the exact score were Araninda and CM . Getting the second game correct, but missing the score by only a total of 4 points was Debbi . You each get to spend the night with AND as a bonus will make you breakfast in the morning.
Congratulations Araninda, CM and Debbi!!
Picking both winning teams but missing the points were Katiegirl, Martian Barb and Jen. Y'all get to get dressed up and go out on a date with .
Getting one winning team correctly picked but missed with points are Christa, Deemus, Lee, Can Sheshe, Angela, Mommy of 2 JAGlettes, usmgrad, rmhlrkr and tamk3. Y'all get to spend an evening with in boxers.
And I hate to say it but two Harmy ladies missed both winning teams, so Carrotts and MAC, you get to to bring up the .
The Super Bowl is in two weeks, on February 6th. This is how our preseason picks stand:
NO ONE has two picks still alive!
With one team in the Super Bowl we have - CM, Christa, Katiegirl, Sunset, kleigh(alt), Martian Barb (alt) and Can Sheshe (alt)
Everyone else is out with their preseason picks.
The Thursday before the big game everyone will be able to make a final selection on who they think will be the winner and what the final score will be.
[ Edit | View ]
- A date with Harm in his dress whites - sounds good to me, now just to help him loosen some things up!!! (NT) -- Katiegirl, 22:50:50 01/24/11 Mon
- Katiegirl - as much as fun as that might be I'm glad I got Harm in boxers! Just think of what he and I can do while he's in that outfit. If he has trouble I've got several ideas we can try - all night long! (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 23:37:44 01/24/11 Mon
- I will happily accept a night with Harm in his boxers! (NT) -- Christa, 06:45:51 01/25/11 Tue
- I never knew getting one right could have such a great reward - an evening with Harm in boxers, Glad the nights are still long! (NT) -- usmgrad, 08:01:24 01/25/11 Tue
- I was going to rename my QB Jay Quitler, but he helped me bring up the rear so I can't be too mad. Thanks Jay. (NT) -- Carrotts, 11:18:11 01/25/11 Tue
- I wonder how long it will take me to strip Harm of his boxers. Hmmm, maybe 30 seconds. LOL (NT) -- Lee, 11:30:18 01/25/11 Tue
- Boy, I missed all the way around, but I'm sure that MY Harmy can cheer me up! (NT) -- MAC, 11:32:20 01/25/11 Tue
- Ha! I knew the Bears were a lame pick! But, a night with OFC is nothing to be sneezed at! Hmmm, wonder where I should take him...... (NT) -- CM>^.,.^<, 15:04:59 01/29/11 Sat
- WOOHOO!!!! Going for Number 7! I have to admit, they had me worried during the second half but I knw ew could pull it out. -- Martian Barb sooo excited!, 22:07:30 01/23/11 Sun 
[ Edit | View ]
- AFC - NFC Championship Games -- Harm and the rookie, 22:20:01 01/20/11 Thu 
It's time to crown the NFC and the AFC Champions. Each team has fought to get here, endured injuries, personal changes, difficult schedules all for a shot at the Championship and a chance to play in the Super Bowl. Harm is excited about the four teams that will be playing Sunday and has told me the person(s) that guesses the winners for both games AND guesses the correct score (or be the closes) will win TWO nights with him! Guess one winner correctly and you win one night with Harm. So are you feeling lucky this week?
NFC Championship is between the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears The Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers have met 181 times in the NFL's longest standing rivalry dating back to 1921. They have only met once in a play off situation and that was Dec. 14, 1941. The Chicago Bears have nine NFC championships and one Super Bowl win in 1986. The Green Bay Packers have twelve championships (most in the NFL) and three Super Bowl wins, 1967, 1968, 1997.
AFC Championship is between the New York Jets and the Pittsburgh Steelers . The New York Jets have one championship and one Super Bowl win, both coming in 1968. The Pittsburgh Steelers, the oldest franchise in the AFC, is not a stranger to the championship trophy, having won it seven times. They have won the Super Bowl six times, the last being in 2009.
So there you have it, the final four teams, only two can go to the Super Bowl. This week you need to pick the two teams that will win but also what you think the final scores will be. (ie Packers, 24-7; Steelers 21-3). Who knows you might win two nights with Harm! Post your picks before the first game Sunday afternoon and check back Monday to see if you've won!
[ Edit | View ]
- Here are my picks - Chicago and Pittsburgh (NT) -- Christa, 22:35:49 01/20/11 Thu
- Packers and Steelers (NT) -- Katiegirl, 00:54:22 01/21/11 Fri
- I'll say Chicago, 28 - 21, and Pittsburgh, 36 - 10. (NT) -- Deemus, 07:59:50 01/21/11 Fri
- Bears, 27-21, Steelers, 21-17 (NT) -- Lee, 12:36:06 01/21/11 Fri
- Da-Bears 13-10, and me without any breath left gasping on the floor in a jubilant heap. The Jets 28-21. (NT) -- Carrotts, 15:31:28 01/21/11 Fri
- Steelers 20 Jets 17 and Bears 21 Packers 20 (NT) -- Can Sheshe, 20:54:47 01/21/11 Fri
- Steelers, 31 - 24. Packers, 21 - 14. (NT) -- Araninda, 01:01:03 01/22/11 Sat
- Sokay, I'm still holding to my official preseason pick of the Bears and the Steelers. BUT....just to hedge my bets a little here....I'm going to pick the Pack over the Bears, 21-14. Still going with the Steelers though. Steelers 28-20. (NT) -- CM>^.,.^< who is finding "retirement" much busier than "working life", 10:54:47 01/22/11 Sat
- Jets 27, Steelers 21; Packers 30, Bears 27 (NT) -- Angela -- Mommy of 2 JAGlettes, 11:39:32 01/22/11 Sat
- Since my Harm still flies jets every once in a while, I'll go with the Jets 21-17 and the Bears 21-14 since I love a bare Harm! (NT) -- MAC, 12:40:45 01/22/11 Sat
- Packers 17-14, Jets 24-21 (I'll stick with my preseason pick but I'm not too sure against the Steelers) (NT) -- usmgrad, 15:05:23 01/22/11 Sat
- Botta be the STILLERS 21-13 and the Packers 38-10 (NT) -- Martian Barb...wearing theblack and gold to work tomorrow but will be home in time to PARTY!, 20:38:02 01/22/11 Sat
- Pittsburgh Steelers 21 - NY Jets 20; Chicago Bears 24 - Green Bay Packers 17 (NT) -- Debbi, 22:55:28 01/22/11 Sat
- Bears 37-24, Steelers 21-17 (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 00:18:05 01/23/11 Sun
- Packers 28-14, and Steelers 35-10 (NT) -- Jen, 14:42:43 01/23/11 Sun
- Bears 24-13; Steelers 35-21 (NT) -- tamk3, 14:52:31 01/23/11 Sun
Results - Week Two of the Playoffs! -- Harm and the rookie, 20:25:43 01/16/11 Sun 
Who saw this coming, a weekend of football that ended with BOTH NFC and ACF number one teams being eliminated! It took everyone by surprise, including our HB players as no one got all the games right. So our top winners this week with three games correct are Martain Barb and Katiegirl . You each get to spend the night with
Congratulations Martian Barb and Katiegirl!!
In second place with two correct are Araninda, Lee, Deemus, Sunset, MAC, tamk3, usmgrad and rmhlrkr. Y'all get to have a make-out session with . How long will it take to steam up the windows?.
In last place, with one correct is Debbi and manette. You get to bring up the . Just remember it's look don't touch!
Super Bowl Picks Update -
Only one still alive with two teams (and it was a preseason pick): CM
Still hanging on one team: Christa, mkim, Katiegirl, usmgrad, Lee (alt), kleigh (alt), Martian Barb (alt), Sunset, CanSheshe (alt)
Out of the running: Debbi, Jen (alt), dg, doc, lurks, Carrotts, tamk3, manette, MAC (alt), rmhlrkr (alt)
(alt) - means picks made at the end of the season
Division championship games are set for Sunday. NCF - Bears and Packers, ACF - Jets and Steelers. Be thinking about it. The post for your picks will be up on Thursday.
[ Edit | View ]
- Yeah! Finally my teams did well. We were so excited to see the Patriots lose. Now an AFC Championship game in da 'Burgh. Good weekend, Steeler win, Penguins win, my Dad's 60th birthday party, and finish with a night with Harm! (NT) -- Martian Barb...Go Stillers!, 21:15:24 01/16/11 Sun
- It was a great weekend of football. I've already made my choices for next weekend's games so I'll look forward to Thursday when we can post. Go Steelers! (NT) -- Christa, 22:35:15 01/16/11 Sun
- This just proves that you may need to know something about American Football to win, but sometimes, the pictures just work in your favour. Can't wait to get Harm alone after my Zumba class tonight. Will definately need a rub down!!!! (NT) -- Katiegirl, 00:55:37 01/17/11 Mon
- Oooh, a make-out session with Harm! I'm ready, Harmy. (NT) -- Lee, 12:04:30 01/17/11 Mon
- Ready willing and able Harm! Let's steam those windows! (NT) -- usmgrad, 22:34:28 01/17/11 Mon
- Okay, ladies - who has the chocolate to keep MAC busy while we each make out with Harm? (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 02:04:04 01/18/11 Tue
- What? I get to make-out with Harm? I hate to tell you ladies, but I do that all the time. Now where's that chocolate? (NT) -- MAC, 12:50:56 01/18/11 Tue
- Picks for Week Two of the Playoffs -- Harm and the rookie, 12:42:06 01/14/11 Fri 
I am so sorry to be late with the post, but after the January fan fiction challenge was posted I couldn't a get tropical heat wave and a shirtless Harm out of my mind! I was going to ask if it was cold enought for everyone but it's not cold anymore!
Playoff week two, we have gone from thirty two teams to eight. After this week it will be only four! Are you ready for some football?
Game one we have the Baltimore Ravens on the road again, this time they are facing the #2 seed Pittsburgh Steelers . They split games this season and ended with the same overall record, 12-4.
Game two has the Green Bay Packers paying a visit to the Atlanta Falcons in the Georgia Dome. Will it be hot'lanta Saturday night or will the Packers be flying high!
Game three finds us in Chicago where the Seattle Seahawks will try to keep their playoff dreams alive when they meet the #2 seed in the NCF Chicago Bears . Who's going to survive da bears or da birds?
In final game the New York Jets taking on the #1 seed in the AFC and the team with the best record overall, the New England Patriots . This game is between two original AFC teams with a 51 year rivalry, however New England leads the last ten years with wins,(15-6).
So who do you think will be taking the next step to on their way to the Super Bowl? Post your picks before the Ravens - Steelers kickoff on Saturday afternoon! And then go back to dreaming about Harm and that heat wave!
[ Edit | View ]
- OK, let's try this again....STEELERS, Packers, Seahawks, Jets (NT) -- Martian Barb, 14:09:00 01/14/11 Fri
- Ravens, Packers, Bears, Patriots. (NT) -- Araninda, 15:06:46 01/14/11 Fri
- Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots. (NT) -- Lee, 16:45:23 01/14/11 Fri
- Steelers, Falcons, Bears, Patriots (NT) -- Deemus, 18:17:34 01/14/11 Fri
- Ravens, Packers, Bears, Patriots. (NT) -- Sunset, 22:02:16 01/14/11 Fri
- Steelers, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots. (NT) -- MAC, 23:42:47 01/14/11 Fri
- Ravens, Packers, Bears, Jets (NT) -- Katiegirl, 00:03:31 01/15/11 Sat
- Steelers, Falcons, Bears and Patriots (NT) -- tamk3, 00:47:59 01/15/11 Sat
- Steelers, Falcons, Seahawks, Patriots (NT) -- Debbi, 01:23:22 01/15/11 Sat
- Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Jets (NT) -- usmgrad, 10:09:13 01/15/11 Sat
- Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots (NT) -- manette, 13:38:01 01/15/11 Sat
- Steelers, Falcons, Bears, Patriots (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 15:47:52 01/15/11 Sat
Results - Week One of the Playoffs! -- Harm and the rookie, 20:27:38 01/09/11 Sun 
This was the week of the wildcard games and it lived up to it's title, the games were definitely WILD! But apparently not too wild for one Harmy player, picking all four games correctly is kleigh . You get to spend the night with
In second place with three right are usmgrad and manette. Your reward, if you choose to accept it, is a date with in his dress whites.
In third place with two correct are Deemus and Araninda. Your presence is requested at JAG Headquarters where you will interrogate . Seems he's gotten into a little trouble again. I'm sure you gals can get to the bottom of the problem!
In fourth place, it's been weeks since we had a fourth place, with one correct answer are Debbi, Can Sheshe, rmhlrkr, doc, Lee, MAC and tamk3. Y'all get to help recover from the "interrogation"!
And in last place with none correct. That's zero, zip, nada, is Carrotts and Martain Barb. You get to bring up the .
Super Bowl Update -
still in with two teams: CM, Lee(alt), kleigh(alt), MAC (alt), rmhlrkr (alt)
still in with one team: Christa, mkim, Katiegirl, usmgrad, JEN (alt), Martina Barb (alt), Carrotts, tamk3, Sunset, CanSheshe (alt)
out of the running: Debbi, dg, doc, lurks, manette
(alt) - means picks made at the end of the season
Next playoff game is Saturday afternoon, picks will be up Thursday night, only eight teams left!
[ Edit | View ]
- Gosh! A night with Harm - again! Sorry MAC. I know nothing about the teams - I just pick based on the pictures and it's either feast or famine. (NT) -- kleigh, 21:12:59 01/09/11 Sun
- Oh, poor Harmy. Did Mac rake you over the coals wondering why you weren't around on my birthday? I'll help you get over her "interrogation". Come here, baby. (NT) -- Lee, 13:19:14 01/10/11 Mon
- Well, so much for the home team advantage. Remind me not to do that again! (NT) -- MAC - I know just how to help Harm. The rest of you ladies don't need to bother., 13:21:44 01/10/11 Mon
- Date, dress whites, Harm what do you mean if I accept? He!! yes I accept, pick me up at twenty hundred and make sure you bring that smile! (NT) -- usmgrad, 20:26:14 01/10/11 Mon
- Ack-I was soooo close to getting all four! Boo Hoo, but I'll take any Harm I can get (NT) -- manette, 18:27:51 01/11/11 Tue
- congratulations Kleigh. So jealous of you and Mac. (NT) -- shipper757, 21:34:51 01/12/11 Wed
- At least my Superbowl picks are still in it for now. And, I agree with Manette, I'll take whatever time with Harm I can get (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 11:55:46 01/14/11 Fri
- Tomorrow is the end of college football for another season with the BCS championship game. It features #1 Auburn Tigers vs #2 Oregon Ducks. Auburn is from the SEC and Oregon is from the PAC-10. Both teams are undefeated this year, Auburn (13-0), Oregon (12-0). Who do you think will win? As for me, I'll be cheering for the Auburn Tigers, us southern folks have to stick together. -- usmgrad, 18:00:57 01/09/11 Sun 
[ Edit | View ]
- Picks for Week One of the Playoffs -- Harm and the rookie, 20:41:34 01/06/11 Thu 
I hope everyone has made their Super Bowl picks because here we go!
Game one is the NFC wildcard with the New Orlean Saints taking on the Seattle Seahawks . The Saints ended the regular season 11-5 and are the favorites, but they have injuries to content with. The Seahawks ending their regular season at 7-9 will start Matt Hasselbeck, who's been out injured. Saints travel to Seattle can they break their 0-3 road playoff game history?
Game two is the AFC wildcard matching the New York Jets against the Indianapolis Colts. The Jets finished the season at 11-5, just a little better than the Colts who were 10-6. This game is a repeat of the AFC Championship game last year, where the Colts won and headed to the Super Bowl. This year the Jets are out for revenge, can they get it?
Game three is the second AFC wildcard with the Baltimore Ravens facing off against the Kansas City Chiefs . The Ravens were 12-4 at the end of regular season play while the Chiefs were 10-6. It's going to be cold, who will be the one to warm things up?
Our final game is the other NFC wildcard with the Green Bay Packers meeting the Philadelphia Eagles. This is the most evenly match game of the weekend as both teams ended the regular season at 10-6, however the Packers didn't do to well with away games (3-5 for the season). They better step up to the plate because to get to the Super Bowl they will have to win 3 away games! Green Bay won against Philadelphia in September 27-20.
So who do you think will be taking the next step to on their way to the Super Bowl? Post your picks before the Saints-Seahawks kickoff on Saturday afternoon!
[ Edit | View ]
- Saints, Colts, Chiefs, Eagles. So let it be written. So let it be done. Please! Pretty Please! (NT) -- Carrotts, 11:21:35 01/07/11 Fri
- Saints, Colts, Ravens, Eagles (NT) -- Debbi, 12:01:31 01/07/11 Fri
- Saints, Colts, Chiefs, Eagles (NT) -- Martian Barb, 12:06:29 01/07/11 Fri
- Saints, Jets, Chiefs, Eagles (NT) -- Can Sheshe, 12:25:25 01/07/11 Fri
- Saints, Jets, Chiefs, Eagles (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 12:41:14 01/07/11 Fri
- Saints, Colts, Ravens, Eagles (NT) -- doc, 16:09:42 01/07/11 Fri
- Saints, Colts, Ravens, Packers (NT) -- Deemus, 18:07:15 01/07/11 Fri
- Saints, Colts, Ravens, Packers. (NT) -- Araninda, 18:13:01 01/07/11 Fri
- Saints, Jets, Ravens, Packers (NT) -- usmgrad, sure hope I get two of these right or I'm sunk with my Super Bowl Picks!, 18:14:04 01/07/11 Fri
- Seahawks,Jets,Ravens,Packers (NT) -- kleigh, 20:02:13 01/07/11 Fri
- Seahawks, Colts, Chiefs, Eagles. (NT) -- Lee - Hoping that there is such a thing as having the home advantage., 23:39:08 01/07/11 Fri
- Seahawks, Colts, Chiefs, Eagles. (NT) -- MAC - Lee, I'm going with that home advantage thing, too., 23:41:11 01/07/11 Fri
- Yikes! I almost forgot....Saints, Colts, Ravens and Eagles (NT) -- tamk3 - getting it in before the 1st kickoff in 22 mins, 16:08:33 01/08/11 Sat
- Seahawks, Colts, Ravens, Packers (NT) -- manette, 16:57:19 01/08/11 Sat
- ok, since I already picked the Colts and Seahawks below, I am just adding the Ravens and Eagles (NT) -- Jen, 20:04:45 01/08/11 Sat
- Bugger, just a little too late, do I get a freebie for not knowing anything because we don't see the games or scores down here. If I had picked it would have been Saints, Colts, Ravens and Packers. Oh well, I'll just keep watching the rear make breakfast!! (NT) -- Katiegirl, 01:10:09 01/09/11 Sun
- Hold'em or Fold'em -- Harm and the rookie, 19:41:03 01/04/11 Tue 
This is it ladies, the time has come to make a stand. You've got your "cards"(picks) now it's time to decided what you're going to do with them. You have until Saturday to decide.
Harmy ladies with two of a kind (both preseason picks in the playoffs). Are you feeling lucky? You can hold'em and be eligible for the top prize, or fold'em, pick again and be eligible for the alternate prize.
Christa - New Orleans Saints, Pittsburg Steelers
mkim - Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts
Katiegirl - Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts
usmgrad - New Orleans Saints, New York Jets
Debbi - New Orleans Saints, Indianapolis Colts
doc - New Orleans Saints, Indianapolis Colts
Carrotts, New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots
tamk3 - New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots
CM - Chicago Bears, Pittsburg Steelers
Harmy ladies with one of a kind (one preseason pick in the playoffs). One doesn't do you any good so it's time to fold'em (either one or both) and pick again. This makes you eligible for the alternate prize.
kleigh - Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburg Steelers
Jen - New York Giants, Indianapolis Colts
Martian Barb - Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburg Steelers
lurks - New Orleans Saints, San Diego Chargers
manette - Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens
Sunset - Green Bay Packers, San Diego Chargers
Harmy Ladies with squat (no preseason picks in the playoffs). Time to fold'em and pick again, being eligible for the alternate prize.
Lee - Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Denver Broncos
dg - Dallas Cowboys, Cincinnati Bengals
Harmy Ladies with no cards (didn't pick) now is the time to jump in the game and make your picks, being eligible for the alternate prize.
Teams in the Playoffs
New England Patriots Pittsburgh Steelers Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs Baltimore Ravens New York Jets
Atlanta Falcons Chicago Bears Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks New Orleans Saints Green Bay Packers
Super Bowl Prizes
Top Prize goes to the Harmy Lady that "holds'em". Her preseason picks make it to the Super Bowl! (In case of a tie the award will go to each Harmy lady.) What's the prize?
is ready to fly the luck Harmy Lady to parts unknown for a week of "up close and personal" time with him!(Guaranteed no poachers!)
If you have to "fold'em" and pick again?
The Alternate Top Prize goes to the Harmy Lady that either has to pick new teams or didn't have a preseason pick.
is ready to take you away on his bike for four days of the ultimate adventure.
Each week, just like the regular season, you will have a change to pick the "winners" for each game and Harm is ready with his weekly rewards for correct picks.
Top prize for the first two playoff weeks will be a night with Harm.
Top prize for the NCF and ACF championship games will be two nights with Harm.
Pick the correct Super Bowl winner and the score (or closest to the score) you can win three nights with Harm. Add that to being correct with your preseason picks and you could have a 10 nights with Harm!
Of course if you pick wrong, there's always
SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? HOLD'EM OR FOLD'EM?
If you are going to Hold'em you don't need to do anything. If you are going to Fold'em, post your new pick(s) as a reply to this post. All new picks must be posted before the first playoff game on Saturday.
[ Edit | View ]
- WEll, let's ;make this an all Pennsylvania Super bowl this year. I'm still going with the PittsburgH Steelers and now the Philidelphia Eagles. (NT) -- Martian Barb....GO STEELERS, 12:06:29 01/05/11 Wed
- Well, since I have to fold, I'll pick the Patriots and the Bears. I can't do any worse than I did before! LOL (NT) -- Lee, 12:07:19 01/05/11 Wed
- I have to drop the Cowboys, so I'll go with the Seahawks and keep the Steelers. (NT) -- kleigh, 22:20:37 01/05/11 Wed
- Guess I missed out on this before, so I'll sign up now. As a Marine, I'll have to pick the Patriots, and since I've been on the Seahawk, I'll pick the Seahawks. (NT) -- MAC, 10:55:51 01/06/11 Thu
- Guess I was so busy dreaming about Harm I missed putting in my picks as well. I'm going with Falcons and Patriots. (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 12:26:58 01/07/11 Fri
- Steelers and Saints (NT) -- Can Sheshe, 12:29:42 01/07/11 Fri
- Keeping my Colts and drawing for the Seahawks (NT) -- Jen, 00:04:20 01/08/11 Sat
- Results - Week Seventeen!
-- Harm and the rookie, 20:44:55 01/03/11 Mon 
Well the REGULAR season is finally over and what a season it has been. Harm has had a busy time this year but more about that later, first let's get on with this week's winners. No one picked all four correctly so getting three out of four wins Harm for the night this week. This week's lucky winners are Araninda, usmgrad, Debbi, kleigh, Jen and rmhlrkr. You each get to spend the night (one at a time)with
Congratulations Araninda, usmgrad, Debbi, kleigh, Jen and rmhlrkr!!
In second place with the two games right are Angela, mommy of two JAGlettes, manette, Lee, JAG Junkie, MAC and tamk3. will make you breakfast.
And in last place with one right is Katiegirl. You get to bring up the all by yourself.
Now wants to recap the season, and he doesn't mean who's in the playoffs!
along with Judy and the rookie have spent the last seventeen week bringing you the NFL - Harmy Board style. And as with any sport or game in the end it all boils down to the numbers. So here are the numbers, HB style!
There were twenty six Harmy ladies that played during the seventeen week season.
Of those, twenty won for at least one night.
At the top with the most nights with Harm was usmgrad with eight, followed by JAG Junkie and rmhlrkr with five each and finally tamk3 and Debbi with four each.
spent a total of forty seven nights with his lovely ladies.
While every week someone managed to be "lucky" enough to win . This year only ten ladies "got lucky" with zero games guessed correctly, and they did all in only five weeks. Harm said you're getting better at picking, maybe next year the picks need to be harder!
While reviewing all the stats discovered there were two Harmy ladies that played every week - rmhlrkr and usmgrad.
Congratulation ladies on a well played football season.
Now on to the post season! Look for the first post season post "Hold'em or Fold'em" on Tuesday, followed by the first week's picks on Thursday. REMEMBER games are played on Saturday and Sunday so all picks have to be in before the first game on Saturday to count!
[ Edit | View ]
- Picks Week Seventeen
-- Harm and the rookie, 22:55:17 12/30/10 Thu 
This is it, the final week of regular season play. Most of the playoff teams have been decided. This week Harm looks at the ones still hoping to get in the post season fun.
Game one is the battle for the NFC West champion, with the St. Louis Rams (7-8) meeting the Seattle Seahawks (6-9) . St. Louis will be behind rookie Sam Bradford while Seattle might be without Matt Hasselbeck due to a strained back. St. Louis won the first match up earlier in October 20-3, can they do it again?
Game two has the Chicago Bears (11-4 and already in the playoffs) taking on the Green Bay Packers (9-6) . The Packers must win to get in the playoffs, otherwise the only way they get to the playoffs is if the Giants and Tampa Bay both lose Sunday.
Game three takes us to the AFC where the Tennessee Titans (6-9) will try to spoil the Indianapolis Colts ( 9-6) bid for the AFC South championship. If the Colts lose and the Jaguars win their game the Colts will be eliminated from the playoff picture for the first time since 2001.
And Harm's last pick this week is the San Diego Chargers (8-7) vs the Denver Broncos (4-11). Denver is in the wait till next year camp but can spoil the Chargers bid to be an AFC wildcard. San Diego must win to move on. Look for Tim Tebow to get his third start for the Denver Broncos Sunday.
Next week in addition to the winners of week seventeen being posted, there will be several other posts before the post season fun begins.
The first will be statics for the regular season, not football stats but Harmy ladies stats!
Mid week the post season teams will be posted along with a recap of everyone's pre-season picks for the Super Bowl. At that time there will be a window of opportunity to "hold" on to your pre-season picks or "fold" and make new picks. Of course the prize for the Super Bowl winner will be different if you "hold" or "fold". (Post season prizes will also be announced).
And finally the post season picks week one will be posted. Remember post season games are played on SATURDAY and SUNDAY so picks have to be made by noon SATURDAY.
[ Edit | View ]
- Rams, Packers, Colts, Chargers. (NT) -- Araninda, 11:46:39 12/31/10 Fri
- Rams, Bears, Colts and Chargers (NT) -- Angela -- Mommy of 2 JAGlettes, 13:39:53 12/31/10 Fri
- Seahawks. Bears, Colts, Chargers (NT) -- usmgrad, 16:47:23 12/31/10 Fri
- Seahawks, Bears, Colts and Chargers (NT) -- Debbi, 19:23:53 12/31/10 Fri
- Seahawks, Packers, Titans and Broncos (NT) -- manette, 11:53:23 01/01/11 Sat
- Rams, Bears, Colts, Chargers. (NT) -- Lee, 14:23:22 01/01/11 Sat
- Seahawks, Packers, Titans, Chargers (NT) -- kleigh, 16:36:59 01/01/11 Sat
- Seahawks, Bears, Titans, Chargers (NT) -- JAG Junkie (Ronda), 19:58:40 01/01/11 Sat
- Rams, Packers, Colts and Chargers (NT) -- Jen, who is back from hiatus!, 21:48:01 01/01/11 Sat
- Rams, Bears, Colts, Chargers. (NT) -- Katiegirl, 00:53:13 01/02/11 Sun
- Rams, Bears, Colts, Chargers. (NT) -- MAC, 11:23:31 01/02/11 Sun
- Rams, Packers, Colts, Chargers (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 11:27:01 01/02/11 Sun
- Rams, Bears, Colts, Chargers (NT) -- tamk3, 11:51:20 01/02/11 Sun
Results - Week Sixteen!
-- Harm and the rookie, 20:18:23 12/28/10 Tue 
Harm said that was a real nail biter last night on Monday Night football, it took him all day to recover and determine the winners for this week. Unfortunately no one got all the games correct this week so the lucky winners are those with three games correct. This week's lucky winners are Lee, kleigh, Debbi and MAC . You each get to spend the night (one night only) with
Congratulations Lee, kleigh, Debbi and MAC!!
In second place with the two games right are tamk3, Deemus, Katiegirl, Araninda and rmhlrkr. Y'all get to give a back massage. He's been working hard shoveling all that snow that fell over the weekend!
And sharing last place getting one right are usmgrad and doc. You both to bring up the .
[ Edit | View ]
- The countdown is on.... -- Martian Barb, 18:19:47 12/26/10 Sun 
No, not a countdown to the Super Bowl, a countdown to the 2011 Winter Classic being played here in Pittsburgh at Heinz Field. Heinz Field is being transformed into a hockey rink! No football here for a week or so. The Penguins will be playing the Washington Capitols on New Years Day. I can't wait. It's so exciting. Just like waiting for Christmas.
The down side of this is that as cold and snowy it has been all month, we are going to have a warm spell starting on Wednesday. They said that by Saturday the weather could be into the 40's possible 50 with rain. Just when we want snow! Oh well, it's going to be exciting, I'll have my Winter Classic party staying dry.
[ Edit | View ]
- Picks Week Sixteen
-- Harm and the rookie, 18:09:02 12/21/10 Tue 
Things are coming down to the wire with only two weeks left in the regular season and there are still eight teams to get into the post season fun! Will the muddy waters become clearer this week?
Game one finds us in Chicago where the New York Jets (10-4) will face the Chicago Bears (10-4) . The Jets are looking for a wild card spot in the playoffs while the Bears are in securing the NFC North division championship on Monday night.
For game two we find us in St. Louis where the San Francisco 49ers ( 5-9) will face St. Louis Rams (6-8) . San Francisco can muddy the waters even more with a win over the NFC West co leader St. Louis.
Game three, a late game on Sunday, finds the New York Giants ( 9-5) facing the Green Bay Packers (8-6) . A win puts the Giants a step closer to a wild card slot, however the Packers also need to win to keep their playoff picture alive.
And the last game this holiday weekend is the Monday night game with the New Orleans Saints (10-4) hoping to upset
the Atlanta Falcons (12-2) . Atlanta's already in the playoffs and won the first match up earlier in the season. New Orleans needs to win to keep their wild card slot secure.
from Harm and the rookie
[ Edit | View ]
- Bears, Rams, Packers, Falcons. (NT) -- Lee - Hoping that all the home teams have the advantage. Merry Christmas!, 19:01:54 12/21/10 Tue
- Bears, Rams, Giants, Falcons (NT) -- Deemus, 20:34:58 12/21/10 Tue
- Bears, 49ers, Packers, Saints (NT) -- kleigh, 22:05:36 12/21/10 Tue
- Bears , 49ers, Giants, Saints (NT) -- Katiegirl, 04:04:56 12/22/10 Wed
- Jets, 49ers, Packers, Saints. (NT) -- Araninda, 12:40:36 12/22/10 Wed
- Jets, 49ners, Giants, Saints (NT) -- usmgrad, 18:58:20 12/22/10 Wed
- Bears, Rams, Giants and Falcons (NT) -- tamk3, 14:41:49 12/23/10 Thu
- Bears, Rams, Packers, Falcons. (NT) -- MAC - Wow! I've been gone a lot lately. I hope you ladies have been taking good care of Harm for me., 11:23:53 12/24/10 Fri
- Bears, Rams, Giants, Falcons (NT) -- rmhlrkr, 19:25:42 12/24/10 Fri
- Jets, Rams, Giants, Falcons (NT) -- doc, who's working her 4th 24-hour shift in 7 days!, 10:10:17 12/26/10 Sun
- bears, rams, giants, saints (NT) -- Debbi, 13:03:46 12/26/10 Sun
Forum timezone: GMT-5|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.