VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

VISIT OUR SISTER SITES

Although we respect free speech and artistic expression, we do not condone or perpetuate derogatory language.
POSTING GUIDELINE: If the commenter is extremely abusive, uses excessive foul language, or includes an ad hominem attack, the forum administrator may decide to ban the commenter's IP address.

E-MAIL US: fob212232@yahoo.com

Subject: PANG-MISS UNIVERSE NA PO BA?

Author:
Mary Jean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:38:04 07/16/14 Wed

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: "I’m comfortable saying I’m a gay man" -Olympic gold medalist Ian Thorpe

Author:
Sam
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:54:51 07/21/14 Mon

Australian Olympic swimming champion Ian Thorpe has come out as gay in a television interview that aired Sunday evening in Australia, an announcement that follows more than a decade of denials — the first of which came just as his career skyrocketed at the Sydney 2000 Olympics, when he was just 15.

In the interview with veteran British interviewer Sir Michael Parkinson, Thorpe — a five-time Olympic gold medallist — details the years of depression he has battled while denying his sexual orientation from the world.

Part of that concealment included his own autobiography “This Is Me,” published in 2012, in which Thorpe wrote that he found questions about his sexuality hurtful.

“I accept there’s nothing else I can say or do,” Thorpe said in 2012. “There’ll always be people who are skeptical; people who want me to be gay, and others who’ll try and use it against me.”

But for first time publicly, Thorpe said Sunday he was ready to tell the truth about what what he said had become the “big lie” in his life.

“What happened was, I felt that the lie had become so big that I didn’t want people to question my integrity and a little bit of ego comes into this,” Thorpe said in a 90-minute interview. “I didn’t want people to think that I had lied about everything.”

“I’m not straight and this is only something that very recently – we’re talking in the past two weeks – I’ve been comfortable telling the closest people around me.”

“I’m comfortable saying I’m a gay man.

“And I don’t want people to feel the same way I did. You can grow up, you can be comfortable and you can be gay.

“I was concerned about the reaction from my family, my friends and I’m pleased to say that in telling them, especially my parents, they told me that they love me, and they support me. And for young people out there, know that that’s usually what the answer is.”

“I’m a little bit ashamed that I didn’t come out earlier, that I didn’t have the strength to do it, I didn’t have the courage to do it, to break that lie.

“But everyone goes on their own path to do this.”

In advance of the interview, Australian gold medal-winning diver Matthew Mitcham, who came out as gay in 2008, said Saturday he hoped Australians would support Thorpe.

“I can totally understand how difficult this whole process has been for him,” Mitcham said. “I really hope this process gives him some peace.”

“The Australian public and media have a really wonderful opportunity to set an example for kids who are in Ian’s position,” he added.

Thorpe, 31, retired from swimming in 2012 after winning five Olympic gold medals, three silvers, and one bronze, and setting 22 world records — he is Australia’s most decorated Olympian.

He was 14 when he was first chosen for Australia, and became swimming’s youngest world champion at that age when he won the 400-meter freestyle at the 1988 worlds in Perth.
His career peaked at the 2000 Sydney Olympics at which he won three gold and two silver medals. He retired after the 2004 Athens Olympics, citing a lack of motivation, but made an unsuccessful comeback when he tried to qualify for the 2012 London Games.

Thorpe has recently emerged from a lengthy stay in a rehabilitation facility, having endured very public battles with drugs and alcohol.

He said he is now looking forward to finding a partner and to having children: “I’d like my own family.”

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2014/07/report-australian-olympic-gold-medalist-ian-thorpe-comes-out-as-gay/

Video: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/ian-thorpe-full-parkinson-interview-transcript/story-fni0cx12-1226987607110?nk=99dfab40dfb4e0de07e559b84a5fa0b0

Replies:
Subject: MUTYA NG PILIPINAS 2014 OFFICIAL CANDIDATES 3 OF 3

Author:
malu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:34 07/22/14 Tue

21 Kim Fyfe
Mutya ng Australia

22 Eva Psychee Sorono Patalinjug
Mutya ng Cebu City

23 Rosalie Castaneda Arcenio
Mutya ng Aklan

24 Froilene Catong Villanueva
Mutya ng Iloilo City

25 Patrizia Bosco
Mutya ng Milan

26 Glennifer Perido
Mutya ng Cordilleras

27 Angela Dela Raya Aninang
Mutya ng Mabalacat City

28 Jovilyn Cueva Gavan
Mutya ng Davao City

29 Pauline Edralin
Mutya ng Melbourne, Australia

Aiko Rachelle Sanchez Caraan
Mutya ng Talisay, Cebu

Photos: by Lito Sy | Mutya ng Pilipinas

Replies:
Subject: 2014 MUTYA NG PILIPINAS CANDIDATES

Author:
#mutyangpilipinaspageant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:45:09 07/23/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: MUTYA NG PILIPINAS 2014 OFFICIAL CANDIDATES 1 OF 3

Author:
malu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:16:26 07/22/14 Tue

01 Anna Margarette Bascon
Mutya ng Lapu-lapu City

02 Dorina Lodenada Doerr
Mutya ng Tagbilaran City

03 Britt Rekkedal
Mutya ng Scandinavia

04 Ma. Jackielyn Dulay
Mutya ng Nueva Ecija

05 Aivy Mae Rosell Castro
Mutya ng Daanbantayan

06 Nickah Dalisay Dela Cruz
Mutya ng Bulacan

07 Alexandra Faith Garcia
Mutya ng Zambales

08 Renalyn Arinque
Mutya ng Capiz

09 Cristine Racel
Mutya ng Olongapo City

10 Kellie Dione Camoro
Mutya ng Zamboanga City

Replies:
Subject: DOC MANNY WITH A NEW CATCH

Author:
S
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:49 07/22/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: MUTYA NG PILIPINAS 2014 OFFICIAL CANDIDATES 2 OF 3

Author:
malu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:15:34 07/22/14 Tue

11 Beatrice Yenko Andrada
Mutya ng Canada

12 Shanice Aquino
Mutya ng Central Luzon

13 Annalita Vizcarra
Mutya ng Murcia, Negros Occidental

14 Mary Ryelle Gosiengfiao Espiritu
Mutya ng Arizona, USA

15 Deborah Namaug Humphner
Mutya ng Germany

16 Christina De Vries
Mutya ng Toronto

17 Maria Leslie Angelina Ghan
Mutya ng Cagayan De Oro

18 Cheryl Ayson Chen
Mutya ng Tarlac

19 Yesley Cabanos
Mutya ng Caloocan City

20 Candy Cumayas
Mutya ng Bohol

Replies:
Subject: Kavougue Rainbow Leopard

Author:
Kurs
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:11:36 07/23/14 Wed

My shellfie in my new rainbow leopard dress. Say nyoh!

Replies:
  • (NT) -- mas vongga cameh sa yu, 00:25:28 07/23/14 Wed
Subject: GERALD & PIOLO

Author:
KC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:57:53 07/18/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: VICKI BELO AS MISS PHILIPPINES-UNIVERSE

Author:
MJ
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:37:08 07/22/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: WHAT'S THE LATEST?

Author:
Good News!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:53:43 07/20/14 Sun

Latest News from Ms. CORY QUIRINO during her interview with Kuya Germs. According to her:
1. Sobrang natuwa ang MWO kay Megan that her contract will be extended for two more years.
2. May offer si Megan to do Bollywood movies and Ms. Cory announced na Megan passed the screen test in Hollywood. Congrats to the best Miss World ever Megan Young!

Watch it at Kuya germs' "Walang Tulugan" program on GMA

From #MeganMW2013 page.

Replies:
Subject: A strong candidate for the Miss World-Philippines 2014

Author:
Jonaz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:26:16 07/18/14 Fri

Valerie Clacio Weigmann for Aces & Queens

Sure winner na ba?

Replies:
Subject: MISS WORLD-PHILIPPINES 2014 ASPIRANT

Author:
MWP2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:32:25 07/18/14 Fri

The newly crowned Miss Philippines Quest, Alexa Kirby will compete in this year's Miss World Philippines.

A recent graduate from Downington West High School , Alexa is from Romansville, PA. She is currently working as a Summer Camp Counselor at ACAC. She is not new to pageants having joined Miss Teen Pennsylvania USA and Miss Teen Philippines. She enjoys dancing, walking through the woods, staying outdoor and modeling. Alexa is a dance scholar from Touch of Class Dance Studio in 2011 and an awardee for her commitment in community services from Kohls Kids Who Cares Program in 2008 and 2013. Her life ambition is to always be happy without having to worry about her future. To live in the present is what matters to her.

“Everyone is beautiful on the outside, but not everyone is beautiful in the inside.Being beautiful is to be yourself and show people you care is important. Giving a compliment to someone is beautiful because you are able to feel better and make someone else smile.”

Will she bring home the crown?

Replies:
Subject: SHE IS READY TO GO INTERNATIONAL!

Author:
Dota
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:21 07/18/14 Fri

IS IT A POSSIBLE BACK TO BACK WIN? WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Replies:
Subject: SuperSireyna

Author:
Maleficent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:46:09 07/19/14 Sat

OFFICIAL RESULTS OF SUPERSIREYNA WORLDWIDE 2014

SUPERSIREYNA WORLDWIDE 2014 is MISS NIGERIA

First runner-up is the delegate of PILIPINAS, Trixie Maristela

2nd runner-up is MISS VENEZUELA, Isabela Santiago

Replies:
Subject: MU

Author:
Maleficent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:12:19 07/19/14 Sat

GABRIELA ISLER VISIT AZERBAIJAN

Moly with Paula Shugart in Baku, AZERBAIJAN

Moly in Salzburg, Austria

Replies:
Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Thanks to the following: Miss Universe Org., Miss World Org., Miss Earth Org., Miss Philippines Earth Org., Miss International Org., BPCI, Reuter & AP for the photos.
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.