VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

VISIT OUR SISTER SITES

Although we respect free speech and artistic expression, we do not condone or perpetuate derogatory language.
POSTING GUIDELINE: If the commenter is extremely abusive, uses excessive foul language, or includes an ad hominem attack, the forum administrator may decide to ban the commenter's IP address.

E-MAIL US: fob212232@yahoo.com

Subject: Service of Unity & Rememberence

Author:
malu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:12:00 11/23/14 Sun

Rest in Peace Maria Jose Alvarado

Miss World Facebook

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject:
"It's a great challenge" -Valerie Weigmann on following in Megan Young’s footsteps

Author:
FOB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:46:35 11/21/14 Fri

During send-off party at the German Embassy in Manila

As the Philippine representative to the Miss World pageant in London, Valerie Weigmann said her schedule was already packed with preparations right after she won the crown last October 12. “The training is already happening actually. Even before joining the pageant, we started training months before the screening. Good thing because it really helped me because now I got more confident and at least I know already what to do because I'm a first timer in pageants so I really needed the three months training before,” she shared.

As part of her duties as the reigning Miss World Philippines, Valerie said she is also happy to be able to attend her personal advocacies. “It's so exciting. Right now I'm supporting the indigenous brothers and sisters in Tarlac, the Aeta community. It's my personal advocacy even before I decided to join Miss World. Because I met a lot of indigenous communities in Zambales and Subic and I got very curious about them. Because they were selling their local products in those areas, the tourist spots. We would talk about where they come from and that's how I got really interested in supporting them,” she said.

During send-off party at the German Embassy

With the Philippines having won last year’s Miss World, Valerie admitted she knows the pressure to produce a back-to-back win for the country. “There is always pressure in everything you do, especially if it comes to a contest but without pressure there wouldn't be any excitement right? So that's how I see it. And at the same time the challenge that I have to face during the situation that I am in now, it's a great challenge. It's a challenge that I want to take and that I want to pursue so I will give my best and be the best that I can be. And I also want to tell everyone to also join me in this journey and see how everything goes and to also support me,” she admitted.

Valerie said she has taken to heart the advice Megan Young gave her after winning the crown. “Megan Young is one of my idols. To make it possible for us to be the winner, to represent the Philippines and to get the crown after so many years, that's already such a big achievement and kudos to her. I know that she did a lot. She put so much effort into it. Her dedication was there for her country. After the pageant she congratulated me and told me, 'Val, huwag ka ma-pressure. Alam mo naman a lot of people are wanting you to have a back-to-back win. Just be yourself. Never forget to be yourself and enjoy the whole experience.' Just like she did. So I'm happy that she told me that because it's always good to be reminded to stay grounded, to never forget where you came from. Because it's very important especially during a contest, you feel the pressure and you feel the competition between the other girls. So you can lose yourself. But if you know who you are and if you stay true to yourself, you wouldn't change during that time. It's the most important thing. Even the way I see things when it comes to showbiz and anything. In everything you do in life, never forget where you came from. Be yourself and don't compare yourself to others. Because it's impossible to please everyone,” she explained.

After her homecoming in the province of Albay, Valerie said it was an unforgettably warm welcome from her mom’s hometown. “My mom is in Germany right now so she couldn't be there during coronation night. She's just so happy to see that all her kababayans are happy also about me winning and me coming home really, it's an amazing feeling. I didn't expect that even though it was raining in Albay, everyone came out of their houses and they would stop working just to see me, just to say thank you and ako naman I'm just happy to see everyone and to feel that they really appreciate that I won the crown and it's amazing to see on how much hospitality there is in Albay especially,” she admitted.

Even from her father’s country, Valerie said she is also happy for the support, with some German websites reporting the news of her win. “I'm happy about it. I'm really flattered and happy about all the comments that I'm getting form my German side. Of course, since half-Filipino naman ako and half-German, I'm really happy about it because I had the chance also to grow up in Frankfurt, Germany. To get two countries at the same time, the east and the west,” she said.

Even now that she is a full-fledged beauty queen, Valerie said she will still be a simple girl at heart and that includes indulging in the food she loves every once in a while. The 24-year-old host-actress revealed that her favorite comfort food is pizza. “I love pizza (laughs). I even tried the laing pizza in Albay, I'm telling you it's so good!” she shared. -www.abs-cbn.com

VOTING IS NOW OPEN!
You can now register your votes for your Favourite contestants on the Miss World App and its FREE!
Download the Miss World App on iOS & Android now and you can vote for your TOP THREE contestants in the competition.
Voting will be open for the next 25 days, closing during the final show.
Download the App Here - http://www.missworld.com/TheCompetition/TheMissWorldMobileApp/

Replies:
Subject: CAGANDAHANG MEGAN

Author:
malu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:35:36 11/21/14 Fri

Queen Mother Megan is in London to crown Princess Kate Valerie..... Bwahahaha Che!!!

Miss World Facebook

Last edited by author: Fri November 21, 2014 10:49:30   Edited 2 times.

Replies:
Subject: Mr. and Miss Diversity Culture International 2014 Starts In Manila

Author:
MMDCI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:31:57 11/23/14 Sun

Miss Diversity Culture International 2014 candidates toured Luneta and Intramuros, Manila

Replies:
Subject: OUR BELOVED MISS WORLD 2013

Author:
Mwah!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:29:06 11/23/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: COMMERCIAL MUNA!

Author:
Shop now!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:57:15 11/20/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject:
LIVE STREAMING: ‘Miss World 2014 "Service of Unity"

Author:
FOB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:45:00 11/23/14 Sun

Sunday ‘Service of Unity’ to honour the life of María José Alvarado

This Sunday at 14:30 the contestants of Miss World 2014 will be taking part in a ‘Service of Unity’ where they will be acknowledging a multitude of world faiths, recognising the diversity of cultures represented at Miss World, and the spirit of unity showed year in year out by our contestants.

We will be honouring the life of María José & Sofia Trinidad Alvarado, whose life was tragically cut short, causing devastation for her family and friends, and denying her the chance to proudly represent her nation at the Miss World Final.

Representatives from faiths across the world will lead the service that will be available for all to see live on Miss World TV on the Miss World App, and on our YouTube Channel.

LIVE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJhP7EMX71k

Replies:
Subject: ARE YOU READY FOR MISS WORLD? OUR QUEEN VAL IS SO READY!

Author:
MW2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:05 11/19/14 Wed

The journey begins for our queen. Nothing is impossible.
Let's wish our queen Val good luck!

Replies:
Subject:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALERIE !

Author:
b-day
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:13:43 11/22/14 Sat

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Replies:
Subject: VAL & MISS INDIA

Author:
Ragul
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:17:01 11/22/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject:
VALERIE AT THE "DANCES OF THE WORLD" AUDITION

Author:
FOB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:17:14 11/22/14 Sat

"Designed by the talented Ivan Raborar and Jesson Capuchino, I wore a T'boli inspired national costume that is worn by the regal women from the "Land of the Dreamweavers", South Cotabato in the Philippines." -Valerie

Visit her FB Page to read more: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-World-Philippines/432199386812477?fref=photo

VOTING IS NOW OPEN!
You can now register your votes for your Favourite contestants on the Miss World App and its FREE!
Download the Miss World App on iOS & Android now and you can vote for your TOP THREE contestants in the competition.
Download the App Here - http://www.missworld.com/TheCompetition/TheMissWorldMobileApp/

Replies:
Subject: Puede pala ang maliit sa Miss Supranational

Author:
Nora Unnur
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:43:54 11/22/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: MR PHILIPPINES WON STARZ HUNK INTERNATIONAL 2014 IN SINGAPORE!

Author:
Saturday News
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:24:29 11/22/14 Sat

Mr. Philippines Jerwin Mark Sunglao wins Starz Hunk International 2014
1st runner up- Mr. Mongolia
2nd runner up- Mr. Malaysia

Mr. Philippines JM Wins StarzHunk International 2014 and AJ won the Mr. Popularity 2014 Award.

Congratulations!!!

Replies:
Subject: Manny Pacquiao defeated Chris Algieri by unanimous decision to retain his WBO world welterweight title.

Author:
good sign
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:44:57 11/22/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Friendly Val

Author:
Miss Congeniality
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:14:38 11/22/14 Sat

With Misses Germany, Ecuador and Netherlands

With Miss Malta

With Miss Sweden

Replies:
Subject: IS THIS MJ'S NATIONAL COSTUME?

Author:
For FOB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:39 11/21/14 Fri

What do you think?

Replies:
Subject:
MISS EARTH 2014 BEAUTIES IN SWIMSUITS !

Author:
ME Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:16:00 11/20/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Yvethe con las hermosas Miss Venezuela y Miss España en las calles de Zakopane

Author:
Maximo <3 FOB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:43:19 11/22/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
FOB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:37:33 11/21/14 Fri

VOTING IS NOW OPEN!

What could be the best gift we all can give her?

Replies:
Subject: How a Pinay transgender found love in the UK
By JOY MESINANovember 19, 2014 1:20pm

Author:
agko la gavai
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:36:38 11/21/14 Fri

Filipino transgender woman Venus Brum.

Hailing from Cebu, Venus met British national Anthony Mountney in a pub during the annual LGBT Festival in Birmingham in 2011. Right there and then, Mountney was aware of Venus’ sexual orientation.

The meeting started with the usual friendly tête-à-tête, then they became Facebook friends. They regularly chatted on FB but didn’t really hang out because Venus was in a relationship with another British at that time. Anthony, on the other hand, was smitten with Venus’ “morena” beauty the moment he first laid his eyes on her.

Venus and Anthony called it fate when they saw each other in Pattaya Bangkok on New Year’s Eve of 2012. It was their first proper date. They went out for a meal, watched the fireworks display and since then, they were inseparable until they returned to the UK. After four months, they decided to live together. They got engaged and married on the same year.

Replies:
Subject: GORGEOUS VALERIE

Author:
MW2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:48 11/21/14 Fri

With roomie Miss Germany

MWO

Replies:
Subject:
SINO ANG MAG-UUWI NG CROWN NGAYONG TAON ?

Author:
sino
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:17:02 11/21/14 Fri

Jamie Herrel.(Miss Earth); Kris Tiffany Janson.(Miss Intercontinental); Valerie W. (Miss World) ; MJ Lastimosa. (Miss Universe); Yvethe Santiago. (Miss Supranational).

Replies:
Subject: TREE PLANTING AT OLANGO ISLAND, CEBU

Author:
ME2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:52:43 11/17/14 Mon

Courtesy of ME

Replies:
Subject: BLOOMING VALERIE

Author:
From London
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:21 11/22/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Kris Tiffany Janson off to Germany for the Miss Intercontinental pageant

Author:
malu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:30:44 11/21/14 Fri

Bb Pilipinas (Official)

Last edited by author: Fri November 21, 2014 23:37:34   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject:
MISS PHILS.- EARTH 2014 , JAMIE HERREL

Author:
ME Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:50:53 11/17/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: What do you think of Miss South Africa?

Author:
Miss World pictures
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:00:00 11/21/14 Fri

Arrival in London. Mukhang di naman kasing ganda ng mga glamour shots niya.

Replies:
Subject: MISS SUPRANATIONAL 2014

Author:
malu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:43:30 11/19/14 Wed

Harriet Cole, Wales; Yvethe Santiago, Philippines; Yvonne Amores, Australia; and Zandra Flores, England

Miss Supranational Fb

Last edited by author: Wed November 19, 2014 15:06:25   Edited 1 time.

Replies:
Subject: FRIENDLY VAL

Author:
MW2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:53:37 11/21/14 Fri

Valerie with Miss Cote D'Ivoire

Replies:
Subject: The Queen Has Arrived In London!

Author:
Queen of FOB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:22 11/20/14 Thu

Albert Peralta photos

All the best to you, Val. Bring home the crown!

Replies:
Subject: THE ICONIC GOWN

Author:
MW2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:56:00 11/21/14 Fri

Who could forget this fabulous gown? It's now a National Treasure.

Replies:
Subject: Miss World 2014 Day 2 - Talent Auditions & Dances of the World

Author:
malu
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:11:39 11/21/14 Fri

Day 2 Talent Auditions Dances of the World

Last edited by author: Fri November 21, 2014 11:36:42   Edited 5 times.

Replies:
Subject:
ME Beauties' TV Interview :Misses Philippines, South Africa & Zambia !

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:56:11 11/21/14 Fri

Starts @ 1:30

Replies:
Subject: ***** SULTRY VALERIE ***** SULTRY VALERIE ***** SULTRY VALERIE *****

Author:
FOB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:21:44 11/20/14 Thu

Courtesy of Valerie Weigmann FB Page

VOTING HAS OPENED!

Click link below for more info:
http://www.missworld.com/TheCompetition/TheMissWorldMobileApp/CastYourVote/

Replies:
Subject: MW

Author:

Malicia in Wonderland

[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:42 11/19/14 Wed

MISS WORLD 2014 STARTS!

Will be the 64th edition of the Miss World pageant held on December 14, 2014 at ExCeL London in London, UK.
Megan Young of the Philippines will crown her successor at the end of the event. 125 contestants from all over the world will compete for the crown.

MISS HONDURAS MURDER
On 19 November the day she was expected to travel to Miss World in London the bodies of Miss Honduras World, Maria Jose Alvarado and her sister was found shot and buried in a field in the village of Cablotales. The Honduran organisation decided not to replace Alvarado.

MISS RUSSIA Anastasia Kostenko

Replies:
Subject: MISS WORLD 2014 STARTS. VALERIE WITH OTHER CANDIDATES

Author:
MW2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:27:50 11/20/14 Thu

Here at the arrival dinner with my lovely Miss World sisters!!! Can't wait for the next upcoming events! -Valerie

Visit & like it: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-World-Philippines/432199386812477

Replies:
Subject: Miss Philippines Yvethe Santiago's roomie is Miss Great Britain Zandra Flores

Author:
Betsay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:31 11/18/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Remember Armi Kuusila ?

Author:
yes, I do
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:34:04 11/20/14 Thu

.the first ms. universe who gave up her crown to marry virgilio hilario.
after virgilio died of a heart attack at the age of 48, armi later married
albert williams, an american diplomat. they now reside in la jolla.

Replies:
Subject: Gorgeous Yvethe

Author:
Back to back
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:20:47 11/19/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject:
MISS SUPRANATIONAL 2014

Author:
hot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:32 11/19/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: THIS IS ONE OF VALERIE'S FORMAL EVENING WEAR

Author:
MW2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:47:59 11/19/14 Wed

A fabulous ball gown designed by Michael Cinco made of yellow Pailettes in never ending layers of impalpable white tulle - this elegant sleeveless dress has a high neck and yellow fitted bodice which flares from the waist with Pailettes fading out towards the bottom.
www.missworld.com/Contestants/Philippines/

What do you think, guys? Mapapawow ba ang mga judges?

Replies:
Subject:
Miss Supranational 2014 in Poland !

Author:
luv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:45:54 11/19/14 Wed

Replies:
Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Thanks to the following: Miss Universe Org., Miss World Org., Miss Earth Org., Miss Philippines Earth Org., Miss International Org., BPCI, Reuter & AP for the photos.
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.