|Subject: Miss NC Recap and Predictions from a 30+ Year Pageant Veteran|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 07:45:02 06/24/17 Sat
Night 1 Talent and SS winners were deserving but won’t win the title. Smith will likely be our long overdue African American Miss NC within the next 3 years but needs some life experience and maturity to do well. Nia isn’t Miss NC material but will have an incredible career on Broadway and won’t miss the title. Gowns were underwhelming but would give the edge to Huggins based on her maturity.
Night 2 Talent winner was deserving but didn’t see the SS winner taking that prelim. Farris is too smart for her own good with awkward social skills. Would likely win a talent prelim at Miss A but not place in top 15. She’ll have a very successful career in technology and hopefully participation in this organization has improved her people skills. Dirig or Hubbard should have won SS without question. Gowns were again underwhelming but would give the nod to Robinson.
Night 3 Confused by both winners night 3. Had Huff pegged for the SS win and was underwhelmed by Huggins. She’s lacking the polish and spark from years past and I don’t think she’s what we need in NC. Talent in Group C was surprisingly weak compared to the rest of the week and didn’t compare to Groups A and B. FINALLY! This group had state quality gowns. Lee stole the show with Bridges and Smith a tie for second but ALL of these girls brought it in gown.
Top 10 will be surprising for some.
Shoe ins from A are Franklin with Mower and Matrazzo as possibilities.
Shoe ins from B are Lee and Smith, with Easter and Russell as possibilities. Walsh and Bridges could be a surprise in there, too.
Shoe ins from C are Huggins and Dirig with Bryant, Massengill as possibilities. Hubbard could be a surprise from C.
4th runner up Smith.She’ll be a stronger contestant in 2 or 3 years than she is now. Miss America potential and an absolutely beautiful young lady!
3rd runner up, Huggins. What can I say here? She had her best go 2 years ago. She has a bright future in journalism.
2nd runner up Franklin. I wish she would have started competing in the program a few years ago because she’s improved significantly from last year. Just not quite strong enough in all phases of competition to capture the title.
1st runner up Dirig. She’s a breath of fresh air and gorgeous on stage. Keep sharpening those talent skills and she may be our Miss NC in 2018.
Miss NC Kacy Lee. She has stepped up her game this year. Her overall look, talent, and wardrobe are Miss America ready. I think she is by far our most consistent contestant with the best shot in Atlantic City! Her performances on stage are stronger this year than last and as a veteran competitor having never placed out of the top 5 I think this will be her year.
Best of luck tonight ladies! Some true beauties and talented ladies in our young group of Miss contestants and, for the first time in a long time, I’m excited about the future of our Miss NC possibilities!
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- Re: Miss NC Recap and Predictions from a 30+ Year Pageant Veteran -- No name, 08:14:07 06/24/17 Sat (rrcs-24-106-203-210.se.biz.rr.com/22.214.171.124)
- Re: Miss NC Recap and Predictions from a 30+ Year Pageant Veteran -- No name, 10:58:31 06/24/17 Sat (cpe-98-25-228-217.sc.res.rr.com/126.96.36.199)
- I hope you're right! I've loved Kacy since she competed as a teen! (NT) -- No name, 11:26:45 06/24/17 Sat (cpe-098-122-149-240.nc.res.rr.com/188.8.131.52)
- Re: Miss NC Recap and Predictions from a 30+ Year Pageant Veteran -- No name, 17:58:46 06/24/17 Sat (cpe-24-74-99-57.carolina.res.rr.com/184.108.40.206)
- Was hoping NC would learn a lesson after the past 3 years but obviously not. Welcome to another NFT year in NC with a Miss NC that will turn the stomach of over half the state! Another head scratcher (NT) -- No name, 20:35:12 06/24/17 Sat (92.sub-174-193-152.myvzw.com/220.127.116.11)
- Re: Miss NC Recap and Predictions from a 30+ Year Pageant Veteran -- No name, 21:36:02 06/24/17 Sat (97-82-36-138.dhcp.mtgm.al.charter.com/18.104.22.168)
- By the Way Allison Farris did win Talent at Miss AL& she couldnt be socially awkward to get 1st place -- No name, 22:24:19 06/24/17 Sat (97-82-36-138.dhcp.mtgm.al.charter.com/22.214.171.124)
- You were way off, weren't you? (NT) -- No name, 01:42:21 06/25/17 Sun (cpe-45-50-166-240.socal.res.rr.com/126.96.36.199)
- Well for a 30+ Year Pageant Veteran----your preditcitons were crap. Maybe you should try another hobby. (NT) -- No name, 05:24:52 06/25/17 Sun (cpe-65-184-54-33.ec.res.rr.com/188.8.131.52)
- I've only been at this 10 years but I also had Dirig in top 10! I LOVE Jenna Huff and truly think between her swimsuit and OSQ she could have won but as entertaining as the basketball number is, I think she needs to find something else to do to win. (NT) -- No name, 17:31:54 06/25/17 Sun (176.sub-174-193-149.myvzw.com/184.108.40.206)
- Can someone post the actual results? (NT) -- No name, 08:18:50 06/27/17 Tue (NoHost/220.127.116.11)
- This is comical! Absolutely hilarious! Anyone would assume that you have learned something over the past 30 years but it's obvious you have no clue! (NT) -- No name, 10:38:45 06/27/17 Tue (14.sub-174-194-26.myvzw.com/18.104.22.168)
- What did the committee think of Mackenzie F? (NT) -- No name, 06:45:11 07/21/17 Fri (cpe-173-93-83-182.ec.res.rr.com/22.214.171.124)