VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

Welcome to the Unofficial Miss NC Messageboard.

Congratulations to BETH STOVALL, MISS NORTH CAROLINA 2014!

This board is intended for constructive discussion of the Miss NC Pageant. Rumors and unsubstantiated bashing will be removed by the moderator.
ADVERTISING takes up too much bandwidth and IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BOARD.

Subject: Carolina Princess

Author:
Who is in charge of Carolina Princess program?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:22:34 04/17/15 Fri

Who is in charge of Carolina Princess program?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Miss NC Huggins 1st-Kyrst 2nd-Leonard 3rd-Atkins 4th-Cox

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:10:35 03/26/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: When was the last time that we had a Miss America win with a lyrical talent?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:51:34 04/16/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss NC Contestants Headshots are posted! Amazing and beautiful class of ladies this year!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:33:39 04/09/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: JAMYE SHAW SS - must go! http://m.ebay.com/itm/201328858022?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:49:50 04/16/15 Thu

http://m.ebay.com/itm/201328858022?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE

Subject: Predict the winner of Miss North Carolina on the Road to Miss America

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:44:09 04/13/15 Mon

http://www.voy.com/241665/

Replies:
Subject: Top 10 Miss and Teens

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:42:32 04/13/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Who is competing in Sweeps?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:10:30 03/28/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Capitol City: Kacy Lee Clayton: Kensley Leonard

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:55:36 03/07/15 Sat

Capitol OT: MacKenzie Lyons
Clayton OT: Lauren Walsh

Replies:
Subject: The last two years the winner of both state titles Miss and Teen hasbeen from Azalea court and teen float! Going to be interesting to watch this. Which miss and te en will it be. Match the miss with a teen from the teen float. Just for fun

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:02:27 04/09/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Outstanding Teen head shots have been posted on MNCOTEEN Organization Facebook page... Great looking group of girls!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:53:23 04/08/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: all of the top 10 is returning except Tynia Brandon. Faggart, Leonard, Huggins, Lee, Adkins, Kryst, Johnson, Tucker. Along with the newbies this is going to be a great Miss NC pageant!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:26 03/08/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: How often does it actually happen that an OT contestant continues on the path and competes in the miss division? Is it really a stepping stone? Has anyone ever gone through the system. Princess...teen...miss? are we really building the program?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:30:34 04/08/15 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Stop Bashing the Newbies & Give them a Chance!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:45:08 04/08/15 Wed

Negative posts need to be trashed immediately. Strange that Cox has already been declared not liked. What are the basis? Do your research on the newbie. Stick with the facts. Facts out weigh opinions any day Bud. All the newbies are "Strong". Cox may be new to Miss NC but new not to the world of pageantry. She is a complete package in all areas. Don't rule her out because "You don't know her?
May the Best contestant new or old take us all the way to Miss America. Let's encourage all of the contestants and watch for the contestant most likely to win over the judges, just might be a newbie, someone unknown!

Replies:
Subject: Adding a Miss Bladenboro? Any info?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:05:48 03/08/15 Sun

Heard they added a Miss Bladenboro...like they did with Miss Rose Hill. Any info on who she is.

Replies:
Subject: So proud of our Duke Blue Devils

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:58:56 04/06/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Any feedback from contestants concerning their work with Mallory Hagan?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:34:37 04/08/15 Wed

Subject: Photographer Seeking Subjects

Author:
Annelise Ferry (inquisitive)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:40:02 03/31/15 Tue

Hello Everyone!

My name is Annelise Ferry and I am a photography student at UNC-Asheville. For my BFA senior exhibition, I'm going to explore the world of children's beauty pageants. I was led to this forum throughout the course of my research. After reading though some of your threads, ya'll seem like some friendly folks, so I decided to post a message asking for your help/collaboration.

I will be mainly photographing around North Carolina and Tennessee from now until 2016. I was hoping that you guys could answer some questions for me, as I am very new to pageants! Can anyone attend pageants, or do they have to be a guest of a contestant? Do they allow outside photographers? I've read that there is usually a professional photographer roaming around that sells packages to the parents a few days later. Sounds expensive!

Ideally, I would like to connect with pageant mothers and fathers that would allow me to photograph their children throughout the course of a day (getting ready, doing hair, their various dresses, etc). In return, I would be more than happy to give some high quality photos to you. I very much want this to be a collaboration, where everyone is comfortable and happy with my presence.

Is there anyone who would be open to being involved in this project? Please feel free to email/reply with questions. If there is someone who is seriously interested, I would be more than happy to contact them further, privately.

Cheers,
Annelise

Replies:
Subject: How do most girls prepare for interview?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:20:26 03/22/15 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Greater Southeastern

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:44 03/07/15 Sat

Winner - Victoria Huggins, Teen - Cristin Oliver

Replies:
Subject: Sweeps Winners

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:49:03 04/04/15 Sat

Glad these girls won. At least two of them should have won their prelims. I have went to many prelims this year and had these sweeps winners picked to win. When they didn't and saw who the winners were, I was surprised to say the least. Before everyone starts on interview being the reason why, Interview is a huge part but not the determining factor especially when it is obvious some of the winners were lacking in other aspects of the pageant.

Replies:
Subject: Teens in what order.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:07:25 03/26/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: SC voy board has rankings. Anyone here want to give it a shot for NC?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:02 03/20/15 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Vance Granville OT

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:20:53 03/22/15 Sun

What ever happened to Peyton Brown, OLM queen now serving as an OT. How was she relieved of her OLM duties?

Replies:
Subject: Did Brook M. ever take advantage of her scholarship from being Miss NC?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:28:53 03/19/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: there are 42 teens competing this year for the title on NCOTEEN. That's great! How many miss so far!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:39:06 03/19/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: NCOTeens

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:59:54 03/08/15 Sun

Thinking Hendrix, Cat White, Vanna, Embler, Hansley, and Huff will pull top ten for the returning teens.. Any thoughts?

Replies:
Subject: From Miss NC Website

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:14:32 03/01/15 Sun

Changes between Miss North Carolina and Youth Programs

February 25th, 2015 | Categories: Miss North Carolina Blog

In accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by the Miss America Organization, the Miss North Carolina Pageant will no longer endorse any youth pageants in our state. This change will affect our previous relationship with the Outstanding Little Miss Program. Although the directors of the OLM program will continue to produce their state pageant, Miss North Carolina local preliminaries will not produce a local OLM program as a fundraiser for their Miss/Teen pageant. A local director may not be involved with any youth pageants as a director and have those pageants support their Miss North Carolina local pageant in any manner. For questions, please contact Beth Knox at bethknox@missnc.org

Replies:
Subject: Sweeps???

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:34:50 02/21/15 Sat

Is NC doing a sweeps pageant this year?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Greater Southeastern Pageant Results

Author:
I attended the pageant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:27:06 03/07/15 Sat

Outstanding Teen Results
4 contestants - Isabella Gaines , Kaitlyn Deal, Christin Oliver and Rexi Lee Harris
1st runner-up and fitness winner Isabella Gaines
Miss Gr Southeastern OT Christin Oliver. She won Evening wear.
Didn't give out talent award

MISS 6 contestants - Carolina McMillan, Victoria Huggins, KaLena Rowell, Kelsey Sparks , Kara Atkins and Lauren Mae Wise
2nd runner up -Kara Atkins
1st runner up- Kelsey Sparks
Miss Gr Southeastern 2015- Victoria Huggins ...winner of swimsuit and evening wear. Didn't give out talent award.

Replies:
Subject: Miss NC 2015

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:14:33 03/05/15 Thu

Too soon for predictions?

Replies:
Subject: Victoria needs to throw the pageant so she can go to sweeps then come out next fall.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:46:42 03/07/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Teen favorite! Miss favorite!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:13:45 03/16/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Newbees

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:24:38 03/09/15 Mon

Any new newbees to look out for at state? Both Miss and Teen??

Replies:
Subject: Newbie Rahmeka Cox

Author:
No name (Watchful!)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:19:02 03/15/15 Sun

I am excited for Newbie Rahmeka Cox, 2015 Miss Spivey's Corner. Hard to Believe she didn't place in the Miss Fayetteville Pageant. She is the "Total Package". Genuine, Gracious, Confident but very Humble.She has Pretty white teeth and a Radiant Smile. Hope she is the next Miss America!!!

Replies:
Subject: Leonard might look the part but that "singing" will have people running for cover .Her swimsuit is good ,she could add more glam and at least place at United States or NC-USA. How she made top five last year is still a mystery!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:11:30 03/09/15 Mon

Replies:
Subject: This is all ridiculous.. All you do is sla see these girls and it hurts them. We are the people who support all of them. They are competitive for a job. Job that is not like any other. We should support them all but instead we have moms who can't accept reality that another contestant is stronger than her daughter. Go away moms! Leave them alone and let these girls apply for the job by themselves. I feel that these contestants are strong enough to make positive decisions. They do not need mom or dad telling him who to be friends with and how to walk on stage. Get away moms! Let your child be herself! It is more rewarding when you watch her tranform not make her transform. I hope that the contestants will be strong and showcase their personality .. Never get discouraged on silly things but always hBe an open mind on change in needed. Be strong girls. I support you and I think that the best think is that you support each other'.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:16:37 03/12/15 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Any word on Miss NC United States?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:00:28 02/21/15 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Miss NCOT picks?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:14 03/07/15 Sat

Archives: 1 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (optional):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.